The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka
I'm unsure about voting for Gwath just yet, something tells me that if we turn him into a fenris we might be cutting off any chance of catching other wolves, considering Gwath's pattern of 'agree' then 'disagree', and then going under the radar at times in relation to defending others.
Sorry, Ka, but I can't agree with you. Yes, one might learn more by leaving a newbie Wolf alive to have him/her make more mistakes, but mentioning so that he/she hears it isn't very useful. I'd like more of your, Ka, thoughts on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka
McCabbie (see? I can remember now it's not late... Sorry again Mac ), I really wish would give more reasoning and overall opinion on what others are saying about him, or at least some standing as for position. He is acting very, very different than from last time when he was an ordinary. As for suspicion he is rising on my list, but I am hesitant to vote immediately and brashly. I guess being quite from now on would cause him to loose his skin.
Has McCaber actually ever been Innocent? I think he started out in my game, where he was a Cobbler and after that played only in Farael's game where he, looking from what has been said now, a Wolf.

I can't say that either Ka is a Wolf or was confused, because she clearly was confused posting after the deadline. Other than that she talks a bit too much about Gwath, who was already on the way to the gallows by the time - which is odd. And if McCaber hasn't been Innocent, then her reasons for voting him are also invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Sally’s death probably has the main goal to leave no track. I guess this is a good strategy in a giftless village. Nevertheless, it points towards careful wolves. Are they careful because it’s their nature, because they’ve been under strong suspicion already, or because it’s a cold-blooded strategy?
What I don't understand is: Why pick a no-trailer who causes confusion when other, less confusing, no-trailers are there to choose from. Maybe they thought her death would cause sufficient confusion, more than anybody else's death.

Both Boro voters are dead now. Does this point towards him being a wolf? I don’t think so. Sally went by gut when she voted him, so she would likely have changed her mind today. Boro was very sure about Sally’s innocence yesterDay and I’m not sure what to make of that.
Probably. Sally's death points at loud Wolves too, because it puts more pressure on the remaining quiet players. I hope you know what I mean.
I have a feeling that Boro is bluffing a great big deal right now. Sally's death, among other things points also at Boro, but I wouln't put it past him to "frame himself".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
If she had been killed instead of Sally we would have perhaps looked at her posts and found a clue.
To me, this looks suspicious. Or at the very least, I don't agree. Like Rikae later says, little can be found from the posts of Nightly targets. Especially in a game like this, the Wolves are free to kill anybody they want without the fear of being blocked by a Ranger and have no need to seek for a Seer in our posts. And only a Seer's posts truly need to be gone through to give any valid information. Not that one shouldn't read to what the dead have said, you know, they might be right about the Wolves too.

I have the same fault as Boro admits himself having, it seems. I feel more and more certain that he's up to no good. His whole post #171 screams Wolf. To me, Mith is like she always is. Otherwise his arguments are weak.
Quote:
Do you feel so "strongly" that you know I'm innocent?
Quote:
As pointed out Agan is not a viable option...but are you simply "guessing" sally went because of such and such...or do you know for a fact?
Everybody says things like that! I would even venture to say that Wolves say them less that others, because they bring an air of suspicion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
What I mean is that he should not be underestimated because he wears a newbie-mask for a mask it is I must say: he was just superb in his first games. I'm not sure if this is enough to lynch him but if he's a submarine-wolf we can't but blame ourselves in the end. In the last two games people fell for it.
I might be doing wrong in defending McCaber, but this kind of explanation doesn't look too valid to me. I feel like newbie myself, although this is already my 12th game if Lommy's Grimoire post is to be trusted. I say self-conscious things about not playing well enough myself - you might have noticed - and truly mean them. It looks stupid and useless, but I can't help it.
I can't say that I completely trust McCaber, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Well, there we go. My top two suspects were innocent -- don't listen to me.
This makes me feel better about Rikae, although she really is such a crafty player that I shouldn't trust.

I've read through the the thread until Rikae's post I mention, I'll do the rest right now.