The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-09-2003, 02:15 PM   #41
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Drawing (manga elves [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] );
Right on, Aredhel! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm not alone! I've gotten really into drawing because of LotR, mostly drawing characters in manga. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And my mom thinks I'm even more psycho because of that. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ilLOTRliterate parents.....
Old 06-10-2003, 11:04 AM   #42
Elvanui
Animated Skeleton

Elvanui has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I draw lotr inspired stuff tooo...although all my warriors end up looking like 11 year old girls instead of fierce destroyers of evil. This is going to sound like a stupid question, but what is this "manga" you speak of?
Old 06-10-2003, 11:08 AM   #43
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

Quote:
what is this "manga" you speak of?
I believe it is a type of anime

[ June 10, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]
Old 06-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #44
Elvanui
Animated Skeleton

Sting

that's what I figured. In that case I do that tooooooo. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:14 AM   #45
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
I think that Lhunardawen meant that it looks as if she's in a world of her own. Autistic people have trouble relating to the outside world, although they can be exceptionally bright. Maybe I'm wrong and that's not what she meant at all, but that's what I take it as meaning.
I know that the reply is too late, but i haven't been posting lately...too much homework..

Anyway, you're right about that.

I've used my Elvish name as my name in school and people won't accept it!! How dare they!!

*sob* [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 08:11 AM   #46
Elróthiel
Animated Skeleton

Location: Heaven, where Middle-earth and Zion are fused and all the guys are sexy beasts!
Elróthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hi Elanor!! I updated my fic! Just so ya know!
OK, LOTR HAS inspired me. In many ways.
I also attempted to braid my hair like Legolas'! I can do the back one right but I can't get the side ones right.

I write my fanfics! Yup! If it wasn't for LotR, my fic would never exist! NOOOOO!!! I wouldn't have any reviews! (I have 50!)

LotR has also made me put pointed ears on every person I draw who's ears are visible! The only people I don't put pointed ears on are the people who I think don't deserve pointed ears!

My handwriting is also LotR related! I put the little flamey thingies around titles, and I do the loopy stuff too like on the Ring Inscription! LOL!

In restaurants, when my dad wants a bottle of wine, I say, "Dad, can we get some Miruvor?" And because he's not a big LotR fangirl like me, he says, "I have never heard of that wine! Where's it from? It sounds like a Spanish name." This makes me almost die laughing. Then he asks me what I'm laughing at. All through this, my brother is rolling his eyes in an annoyed way. He likes LotR, but he's not hardcore like me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh! For some reason, when I'm reading a school book or something in class, I look at each word, and pick apart the letters to make something LotR related! Am I mad? Or does everyone do that?

I'm also going to legally change my real name TO Elróthiel, and I'll name my kids Elvish names (if I have kids! I hate the little buggers!), and if I DON'T marry the real Legolas, then I'll do the next best thing! I'll change his name to Legolas, then I'll force him to grow his hair long and dye it blond so he'll at least LOOK like him! Oh! And I'll make him learn Sindarin!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, gotta go now! See ya!
Review my fic Elanor!!!

Namarié!
From
Elróthiel, the Elven Goddess of Hilariosity and Laughter!

--------------------

Lesson Number One: DON'T walk around a shopping mall for five hours in new shoes that aren't trainers! Results will be blistery!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:53 PM   #47
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Elrothiel,
Quote:
he's not a big LotR fangirl like me
I should hope not... (Sorry, had to be said) And you're not the only one who does LotR stuff with books. It's just I do an awful lot of word halutionations. Like, it'll say sorry and I'll read it as Sauron. It kinda gets annoying when you're reading some of the books that I do... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #48
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Tolkien

yes along with all of you other lotr people i too have taken up new intrests

1i have in intrest in braiding my hair like legolas

2i have also taken up archery which my bow looks incredibly simalar to legolas's bow which is odd considering the fact i made the bow before id ever heard of lotr

3 i am attempting to write and speak quenya and sindarin and westron and dwarvish

4 i have a sudden urge to explore the woods behind my house

5 and i am trying to find anything elvish or hobbitish [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

does every one do this or am i a weirdo [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2003, 06:25 PM   #49
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Sting

cool
Old 06-26-2003, 09:27 PM   #50
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
Thumbs up

Hmm... Well I am thinking about painting my room something Middle Earthy.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:34 AM   #51
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Tolkien

Yeah, my rooms going black and purple in the holidays because of one of my fic characters - Gilmor. I can't wait!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:27 AM   #52
Nevvasaiel
Animated Skeleton

Nevvasaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

yes yes, along with the standard hair-braiding, archery, fantasy books, writing and sketching, i've also developed an interest not only in swordfighting, but other kinds of combat too, which i plan to start learning (once i convince my parents it's not THAT dangerous...)

also, historical/ancient artifacts and stories in general, especially the middle ages, are becoming more and more intriguing.

one last bit of craziness: for my IGCSE French oral, i went on and on about elves, their history, their habits and their lives... i asked my teacher what the chances were of someone else doing the same topic... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
" oh-la-la, veddy close to zeRo, i vould say...."
and it went pretty well too!
( she fell in love with legolas' pic, if you were wondering)
Old 06-28-2003, 10:38 PM   #53
Elvanui
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

My room IS middle earthy. I painted it twilight blue and put a couple thousand glowstars on my ceiling, added ethereal flowing curtains, several potter plants and *poof* Elvish inspired room