Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2003, 05:07 PM   #641
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Ani Dao stopped her story at a good point and the three friends ordered dinner. Ani had always been hungry during her last 700 years of traveling. Her only hearty meals had been had with the dwarves and in one or two inns in the scattered towns of men. Tonight she decided on a beef stew. Along her journeys, there had also been a shortage of ale. The dwarves had brewed the best, although these hobbits were a very close second. They drank to the Shire and spoke randomly throughout their meal.

Once their plates were cleared and their appetites satisfied, the Mirkwoodian warrior finished her story.

“Alright,” she said leaning back in her chair, “where was I?”

“You had just made a deal with Benosh,” reminded Sofiya, her enchanting gray eyes wide with enthusiasm.

Ani Dao smiled, “Oh yes. After we convinced him we weren’t bluffing, we began to pour over maps, charts, and other plans. Lakr Bo and I spent our nights comfortably then, eating as well as Benosh and our limbs were left un-bound, though guards still stood around our tents. Escape would have been tricky then because we could be caught, and perhaps then, killed. So we decided to follow through with the original plan. One night after we had finished our plan-making for the night, a group of Easterling scouts made a ruckus outside the Lord Easterling’s tent. He emerged in a flourish of impatience with us behind him. The scene we took in was unexpected. Three Mirkwoodian elves knelt down in front of Benosh, hands bound, and mouths gagged. When Lakr and I caught sight of them, we realized that if they supposed wrongly about our intentions, things would only get worse. We attempted in vain to go back in the tent with out their noticing us. The three elves caught sight of us and at first seemed confused, then they realized what we were, or what Benosh thought we were: traitors. In a hurried motion of anger they began to flail and press against their captors. In the growing disorder, Lakr Bo took this as an opportunity and quickly kicked down one of the tent posts without the Easterlings knowing who did it. As the tent collapsed he made for the elves. Unbinding them in a single swipe with a sword stolen from the guards, he pushed them from the chaos and off home before the canvas collapsed on the Easterlings and the two of us. When things came to, and Benosh reclaimed control, he blamed the guards for letting go of the elves. We saw them disappear over the hills in blurs of greens and browns. Had they escaped thinking us traitors and that they had escaped on their own, or had one of them realized that it was Lakr who had saved them? We did not know, and could only trust to hope.

“That night, the Easterlings closed down the camp and made for the forest. Lakr Bo and I had convinced them that the palace was not for about twenty miles within the forest (when in truth it was no more than five) so it would be best to enter right away. Our plan was to lead the Easterlings past the palace and more into the center of the forest. That way they’d be trapped as well as lost. Once they were “setup” in the designated location, Lakr Bo and I, if everything worked out, would slip away. We knew our way very well around the forest, so we could get back to the palace and ready the people.

“The first part of the plan went very smoothly, the Easterlings were silent in the forest, and brought no attention to themselves. Then once everything was “setup,” things took an unexpected turn. Benosh had us re-tied. ‘There will be no sharing of my winnings. The deal is off. I can take the rest from here.’ Gagged and left to be eaten by spiders, two guards each had us staked to the ground in a clearing.”

Ani Dao paused intentionally taking a long sip of her ale to build of the elves’ anticipation. She smiled inwardly, and continued. “We were there for three days, our bones exhausted and our throats uncomfortably dry. That was when Lakr’s older brother, Jakr Gahn found us. He had been out dealing with some spiders when he came across our imprisonment of a clearing. He quickly untied us and fled with us back to the palace, leaving the baffled Easterlings behind.

Once inside the Great Hall, Thranduil immediately called for an audience with us. We were led by five guards into the hall. Next to Thranduil were the three elves that Lakr Bo had set free at the Easterling encampment. But instead of staring at us with mirth, they were smiling and even winked at Lakr Bo. Grateful they understood, we hearkened to what Thranduil King had to say. ‘The Easterlings are very lost, Ani Dao,’ he said looking at me with uncertainty. ‘What do they know?’ ‘Nothing, my lord. I led them astray with false information. They are waiting for an army of unsuspecting elves to ride right to them on their way to the closest side of the forest, my lord.’ I knelt down respectfully in front of him, so I did not see my father and the rest of the elven guard behind him outside the door behind me. ‘Ani Dao!’ I turned quickly as my father walked towards me, with a very angry look on his face. ‘If Thranduil King didn’t need you in the future for you courage, honor, and skills, I’d kill you!’ His face suggested he was serious, so I silently took my knives and sword from him as he held them out and followed him out of the Great Hall. Lakr Bo followed behind me after a few words with Thranduil.

“We were taken back to the training yards as the guard went to lead the Easterlings into the spiders’ nests. Jakr Gahn lectured us in the responsibility of being members of the guard. Then he made us go through every exercise on the course until the guards returned successfully. After the Easterlings were defeated for good, Tranduil held a banquet in the Great Hall honoring the Guard and Lakr Bo and I. Our lives took a different turn after that, Lakr Bo went on to train for the Elite Guard, which didn’t work out, and so remains the Royal Guard, and I went on to train with Ahret Ban to become an assassin for the king’s protection. Of course, I was never used either, for we had no specific enemy. Therefore I left my life with the elves and journeyed across Middle Earth, which, after many more adventures, and meetings, has led me here.” She gestured to the surrounding room and leaned her elbows on the table in finale to her story.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:55 PM   #642
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

"I made it myself, when I was being taught in the art of blackmithery by my father. It is a pretty thing, but thus should go to a pretty person, not some old, ugly a beat up dwarf like me." Here he chuckled. "And so I give it to you."

He held out the necklace to her expecting her to take it in her hands. Instead she laughed delightedly, and to him it was as if the ring of tiny hammers against gems of unmeasured worth echoed in the beloved caverns of Erebor.

She beckoned him forward, and sweeping her long, night-black hair up with one hand, she leaned toward him inclining her head, and bade him place the necklace round her throat for her. And, blushing, though it is hard to say that a Dwarf blushes since his cheeks are covered so fully by his beard, he did so with deft hands.

He thought to step back, then, from her, but she caught his face in her hands and kissed him merrily on the cheek. She picked the flat gem up, its color reminding her of the deep blue of the sea, and with a finger traced the crescent moon upon it. ‘Often have I seen this, Master Dwarf, out on the deeps of the ocean, the moon reflected and held in all its shining perfection on the surface of the water.’ She inclined her head to him once again, smiling. ‘It is a gracious gift. I will cherish it.’

She took the knife from him, admiring the work on it, testing it’s edge against her thumb. And as the thin line of blood welled up, she smiled, saying, ‘A very fine blade. I will indeed keep it safe for you.’ Pio held the gaze of the Dwarf with her grey eyes. ‘There will be no need to send it to the Golden Wood, I think. I do not see that your doom will come soon upon you.’

‘But come, now, we will drink to the success of your adventuring. She reached into the small cupboard beneath the table next to her and pulled out two finely wrought crystal glasses, and a silver flask bearing an engraving of two crossed axes. Two fingers worth of fiery Dwarven spirits she poured for each of them.

Raising her glass high to him, her face alight with grace and dignity, she spoke these words, ‘To the Axes of the Dwarves, Master Dwarf! Baruk Khazâd!’
Old 02-19-2003, 09:28 PM   #643
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Duriel ducked as she passed under the low door and looked around the common room,it was cozy and a bright fire was in the fireplace. She took a seat near the fire and ordered some ale to a passing barmaid. She smiled to herself as she remembered her last adventure.

It had been a few nerve racking months and now she was stuck in the shire. But now she would relax in this cozy inn before heading home towards Rohan.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-20-2003, 12:28 AM   #644
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Silmaril

"Well, you seem to be pretty close to your own sister--she is your sister, isn't she? I imagine that you probably know how I feel, a little bit."

Tarondo nodded. “We are brother and sister. And yes, we’re...pretty close.” He smiled, somewhat sadly. “Not that all brothers and sisters are close. But you cannot live and work with someone, day in and day out for years, without growing close. You cannot save someone else’s life, and have her save your life, without growing close. We have faced death together.

“Several times I have faced the prospect of life without her,” he continued in a low voice, his face grim. “It was hard – very hard.” He fell silent, eyes gazing into the past.

Talômi shifted slightly, and Tarondo came back to himself. “I apologize, your words brought back many memories. Now, about Rie: Why did she run away? Is there a particular reason she would hide from even you?”

"Excuse me! I don't mean to be rude, but I seem to recognize you and I'm quite sure that I've never met you before. I'm Talmérië, or Rie...what can I call you?"

Luinien’s eyes widened in surprise and recognition as the red-haired girl addressed her, but her expression betrayed nothing. “Oh, Rie! My name is Luinien. I saw you when we first arrived here. You were up in the rafters attacking cobwebs, right? Do you remember my brother Tarondo?” Her voice held only warmth and friendship. Tarondo, she’s here! she thought urgently. Stay back and let me handle it!

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Nuranar ]
Old 02-20-2003, 01:58 AM   #645
Lanithelias

Silmaril

Dizzy, aching, and with a lump on his head the size of a small hobbit, The wretched, muddy figure awoke to the pressure of something substantial standing on his back, and the unmistakable feel of a wet nose in his ear. Once he began to stir, the unitentified creature stepped off his back, much to his relief.

"Ooh, my head! Wha-?" he was stopped short by a reassuring lick on the face as he sat up. The creature, apparently a large canine of some kind, had decided he must have needed comforting. Which was just as well, for it took his mind off the fact that there was, quite literally, nothing on his mind.

"Hello, there, friend," he said, as the canine, that further inspection revealed to be a wolf, sat on its haunches, looking at him expectantly. "Where did you come from?... For that matter, where did I come from, and where are we now?"

If it was possible for a wolf to look amused, this one did. Her head cocked slightly to the side and her toungue lolled out, as if to wonder at the odd questions, while still smiling reassuringly. Her tail swept easily to one side and then the other, displaying her continuing interest.

"I don't suppose you could answer any of those, could you, friend?" He remarked drily as he started to his feet.

Oh, you were expecting an answer. My apologies, I thought you may have been speaking to yourself. I came from the hills called the Barrowdowns, you came from somewhere east of there, I believe, or rather I became aware of you entering the eastern border of my territory, travelling west. We are presently in a pile of uprooted weeds in a place called Shire by it's two-footed dwellers. The wolf stated all this very easily and without preamble, as she apparently stated all things, but it halted his rising abruptly, and he landed heavily on his backside, eyes wide open in suprise. His companion's ears came forward, and she nuzzled him momentarily in concern.

"Granted, my memory isn't what it used to be, but I seem to recall that...that doesn't happen." He puzzled to no one in particular.

Your memory..? I guess that fall you took was worse than I thought. Are you alright, Lanith? She thought at him. Do you remember me? The fur between her ears furrowed, almost like a brow, in concern.

Lanith jumped, startled at the sudden recollection of his own name once he heard it. It was almost scary that he didn't notice that he'd forgotten it. He searched what little memory he had left, and came up with a vague impression, almost as if from long ago and far away, that this wolf was indeed his friend, and he had called her... "Sister. yes, I do remember you now. I don't remember much, but I do remember you now."

Her ears came down and back, and she bared her teeth. Good. Then I want you to know that I had the devil's time trying to track you down last night, I was worried half to death, and if you value your life you will NEVER scare me like that again. Her expression lightened, and her nose wrinkled in disgust. Now get yourself into that inn around the other side of this stable and clean yourself up. You stink horribly.

He scratched her head affectionately behind the ears as her rose. "I think I will, at that, and see about a healer, as well."

That would be wise. I will be about the grounds, a bringer of death has been about, and no good will come of it. And with that, she walked off, her gray coat seeming almost to vanish as she padded silently into the brush.

Thinking Sister's behavior odd, but assuming that was the way she had always behaved (for he could not remember otherwise) he walked around the stable and into the Green Dragon Inn. He recieved, or maybe only thought he recieved strange looks from the other scattered patrons in regard to his very shabby appearance and mild state of filth. Lanith approached the counter and asked if there was room for the night, preferrably one with a bath. As he was shown to it by a polite hobbit-lass, who behaved for all the world as if the elf behind him was the typical fare for this establishment, and for this Lanith was grateful. He certainly didn't need it pointed out that he was as threadbare as an elf is likely to look in the Shire. After a much needed bath, he set about washing his travelling clothes in his bathwater, which wasn't as dirty as was anticipated.

Rumaging through the pack he had been wearing revealed a cloak and a few changes of clothes, as well as light provision and some herbs he could no longer identify, and some weapons he could, if only by inference. After all, it's not hard to figure out what to do with a knife or two if you have need of them. As he dressed in some of his spare clothes the blues and greys became familiar to him, seemed to call to him very faintly. Donning a set of bracers and belt, it wasn't hard to figure out where the knives and sword went, especially if he just let his body do what came naturally. Apparently, two knives went on each arm, one on the upper and one on the lower sections, a few small ones went on the belt, and the light, curved sword went on the left hip. As luck would have it, or hopefully he had thought ahead before losing his memory, there was a pouch with several coins, judging by the feel of it, enough to pay his room at least, though he wasn't too sure how valuable each denomination was.

Thus newly cleaned, clothed, and outfitted, Lanith set out to the common room to quench his burning throat and silence his loud stomach.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Lanithelias ]

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: Lanithelias ]

Old 02-20-2003, 03:55 AM   #646
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Huntress' attention had been drawn away from Rave for a second by the entrance of a stranger an assaian, she felt her stomach tighten and the urge to hide, but it seemed she had no reason to worry. The strangers eyes merely passed over her,
Damn my nerves she thought am I ever going to relax, she smiled an appologie at Rave and broke the silence between them,

"I would like to ask your oppinon on something."

Rave made the slightest motion with her head to show she was listening.

"I've spent years, I don't know how many but its been almost as long as I can remeber, and i've been searching for a murderer or an assain, and now it looks like I may never find him to get revenge. So I was thinking I might like to find out where I come from, where I belong, prehaps even make some time for elves my true kin." Huntress could see Rave thinking behind her eyes, so after ordering another drink Huntress sat back and waited for her friends reply.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:06 AM   #647
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Nostawen was still sat alone at the bar, paying little attention to those around her. She had completely forgotten about the company at the table. Staring into the dark liquid in the nearest glass, the reflection of a man appeared, and disappeared just as quickly. Nostawen turned her bowed head towards this new figure who had taken seat on the next stool. He smiled at her and relaising she had been staring at the elf, she smiled back.

The bartender had brought him a substantial amount of food and a drink. Nostawen guessed this travellers journey had been long. She remembered her own journey here, after losing her company. She turned back to the table where the star maiden was sitting. "Friends?" the elf next to her asked. "Yes" she replied, "these drinks were for them" she said staring down at the tray laughing. "I've had them up here for some time now, perhaps I should take them back." The elf nodded. "I am Nostawen by the way" she spoke softly as she lifted the tray. Her skirts slid off the seat. "Then greetings Nostawen" he smiled. "Would you care to join us sir?" Nostawen asked as she stood with the tray in hand.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:29 AM   #648
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Quote:
Raising her glass high to him, her face alight with grace and dignity, she spoke these words, ‘To the Axes of the Dwarves, Master Dwarf! Baruk Khazâd!’
"Aye, and to the success of the journey to Erebor. May our feet be given speed!" Then they drank. The fiery dwarvish spirit revieved Bali, for he had tasted nought like it since he had left his homeland.

"I must now leave you to your rest, fair lady, and finish preparations for the journey." They bid each other goodnight and a fairwell, as Bali was leaving early next morning.

"You couldn't even kill him." Hogar's face was filled with disdain.

"I suppose you did better, my fat dwarven friend." "Aye. I got my man."

Kaldon looked over at the bar, where Bali had disappeared into. "Things will work out anyway. We'll have plenty of chances to finish the job on the way. But you watch yourself. He's gotten a full brigade of expert warriors coming with him, and that one elf doesn't trust us. Tread carefully around that one. Now, when Bali walks out, ask him if you can go along. You know, be a distant relation or something."

Hogar spat on the floor. "I don't need your dumb advice. I know what to do." Leaving his drink on the table, he stood and disappeared.

Kaldon sat back slowly, sipping a fresh ale. Hogar was starting to really get to him.

Kaldon watched from his table as Bali came back into the commons room from behind the bar. He spoke to his companion in a low voice. When this job is done, you will be next on my list, dwarf.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-20-2003, 10:37 AM   #649
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

The Eye

Bali sat down at the table. "Well, friends, all is prepared. I even met another dwarf who is coming along, name of Hogar. He knows me from Erebor. Now, we will be leaving early the next morning, so it would be wise for us to go to bed now and get some rest."

Eruantalon yawned loudly. "I second that idea. Good night, Elwen. Perhaps we will meet again."

The two got up. "Are you coming, Burzdol?"

"I'll be along in a minute." Bali, and Eruantalon found their rooms and had a good nights rest. But Burzdol stayed at his table; thinking of his father, and watching. Ever watching that man over near the bar...
Old 02-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #650
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Rirrym had obviously not realized that Cromthal was out, because a few moments later he came un humming an interesting tune. Dancing a bit here and there.

"Cromthal! When did you leave?" Rirrym asked.

"Hmm? Oh I woke up again and decided to go for a walk. Winter is ending, an incredible chorous of birds were singing, I had to jion them." He danced across the room.

"My, you are happy this morning." Rirrym continued. Cromthal smiled.

"Perhaps, my master once said to me that I would dance had I just been given a death sentence. SO I don't know what I am half the time. You know, Rirrym, It's really not that different being a year older. It feels the same."

Rirrym looked confused "A year older? Are you trying to tell me something Cromthal?"

Suddenly, Cromthal grew grave. "Yes, I am telling you that Today, Rirrym, I am a year older. Today begins my forty-seventh year on this earth. Today is my birthday."
Old 02-20-2003, 12:48 PM   #651
Lanithelias

Sting

"Would you care to join us sir?" Nostawen asked as she stood with the tray in hand.

"I would be glad to, Nostawen. And my name is not 'sir', it is Lanith. Pleased to make your aquaintance." He smiled impishly at her for a moment as he introduced himself, trying to mask a nervousness he couldn't explain. He felt somehow exposed and vunerable, as if there were some kind of attacker near, though there wasn't. Even so, it was good to hear a friendly voice, and the smile turned genuine as he realised this.

Even so, he felt a pang of guilt for leaving Sister out there to track down whatever she was tracking, instead of the warmth of the Inn that he was enjoying.

Do not worry, her voice came to his mind, to his suprise. I am keeping the company of some rather entertaining rabbits at the moment, I'm quite content. There was a brief pause, then as an afterthought she added Do not worry for yourself about that assassin I caught scent of earlier, he is no threat to us, and is probably several hours away, he could almost hear her sniff the air briefly, to the east, I believe. But excuse me, I'm neglecting my hosts for the evening. That last she said in an almost devilish way, and Lanith was somehow sure the Shire would be one brace of coneys lighter by morning.

Smiling again at Nostawen, he followed her to where her friends were sitting, carrying a mug of some very warm beverage with him.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Lanithelias ]

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: Lanithelias ]

Old 02-20-2003, 01:20 PM   #652
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Do you really care?" asked Ellie "You aren't just saying that? Sometimes you seem too nice, I don't want to bore you. It's a long story, my whole life and I know I talk a lot, too much you might say, in fact lots of people have said it before I-"
"I care" said Drago firmly.
"I was doing it again, wasn't I?" asked Ellie with a sniff and a watery smile. Silently Drago handed her his pocket handkerchief.

"Did your mother really say you were a fool? That's not very nice. I thought mothers were supposed to be lovely. I never knew mine." she added.
"I'm sorry" said Drago looking concerned.
"Everybody is. I don't understand it, really. I never knew her so how could I miss her? I had a really happy childhood, with my Aunt in the Smials, oh and all my cousins, second cousins, and third cousins twice removed!" Ellie laughed a little shakily.

"And none ever told me I was a fool. I loved it there" she added with a sigh. "Then my Aunt died, that was horrible. For a while I continued to live at the Smials, with my cousin Pearl and her family, but my father's cousins the Grinder-Chubbs claimed me, and all my Took relatives let me go. What was one more child to them, the Smials is bursting with them?"
She looked really angry and started pacing the room.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-20-2003, 01:34 PM   #653
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai smiled at the elf. Gulping down a sip of ale, she looked at him out of the corner of her emerald eyes. He carried a double-sided katana, most unusual for an elf.

"I am Nahai, daughter of the lady Silhinui. Pleased to make your aquaintance." Her cool green eyes met his. "What brings you to the Dragon, friend?" Friend. That was a word she hadn't used in a while. It felt somehow familiar and strange at the same time.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:22 PM   #654
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Mylasia, opened her eyes to the sound of a horse at fast pace. She turned over in her bed to face Niamh, but she wasn't there. Mylasia's heart stopped, she sat up in her bed and wispered Niamh's name into the dark room, again she did but no answer. She got out of bed and lit the fire. Niamh wasn't in the room, and it wasnt like her to play games especially at this time of night. She couldn't be downstairs. No, all Niamh things were gone, gone! Mylasia ran to the window and flung it wide open. She called Romans name, but no reply. She did this a second time but then faltered. Tears fell down her face, Niamh had gone and Roman with her. How could she have let this happen? Her father had trusted her to look after Niamh. Mylasia fell to the floor, tears blinding her vision, she repeated Niamhs name again and again. That night she cried herself to sleep.

The next morning Mylasia woke up with a start. Maybe it was a dream, but no. She was still on the floor and the window was open. As Mylasia lifted her head up she hoped for the best but alas Niamhs bed was still empty. Mylasia sat up and leaned against the cold white wall, her head was spinning, should she go after her? should she stay?

Stay, Mylasia it was not your fault you could not help it. Stay....stay....sta....

"Mother?" said a startled Mylasia as she looked around the room, no one was there, she sighed, hearing voices was not a good sign. But it was hear mothers voice and regardless of the fact that she was mad or she really did hear her mother, she would stay. Niamh would come back. She would.

Mylasia got up and washed. She tidied the room and made Niamhs bed tearfully. She slipped her red dress on and stood by the window to brush her hair. She looked out onto the stables and thought of Roman their horse. She then saw some thing very strange, from what she could see a male, man or elf she could not tell from such a distance, was talking to a wolf, a wolf. He was very scruffy. He got up and walked towards the in, he looked up at the spot where Mylasia was, but she had recoiled back in. He went ahead and entered the Inn.

Mylasia decided to go down to the Common Room in an hour or so to fill her stomach, but first she sat thinking of Niamh, hopefully she could out run any trakers that were persuing her. Hopefully.

An hour or so later Mylasia was down in the Common room sitting at a table by herself. No one offered to talk or sit next to her, she sighed and took another sip of her tea. Then the stranger from outside entered the room, he was much cleaner now, an elf. Mylasia longed to talk to him for he seemed like someone to share her story with. But another elf had reached him first. Damn, why couldnt she have been more confident. Mylasia stared as the she-elf lead him over to the table with her other friends. She continued too look at him, for something entranced her, he turned round and looked straight into her eyes, he had piercing eyes and they broke right through her dark brown ones. She looked down into her mug, and her face flushed a bright red.

I dont want to talk to anyone, I want to see Niamh. Thats what her head said. But her soul, her heart wanted Niamh back but also company, a friend.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 02-20-2003, 05:31 PM   #655
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym smiled and shooed the dog off his lap, coming over to shake Cromthal's hand. "Well, then, Happy Birthday my dear Cromthal! I'm sorry, I wish I'd known earlier -- I would have at least tried to come up with an idea for a gift to give you. At least let me buy you breakfast.."

Cromthal nodded, and Rirrym hurried off to a small room off to the side to change into some cleaner clothes. He came back wearing a dark brown jerkin over a cream-colored woolen shirt. Dark brown jodphurs covered his legs and leather boots reached midway up his calves. He had knotted a belt around his waist and stepped up to a small mirror, trying to make his tangled mass of hair look a little more presentable before the two of them leave the room.

As the two of them left the room, Rym stopped for a moment to try and convince the dog to join them. Unfortunately, the dog had made himself comfortable on the bed by now and was sound asleep. "I hope he'll be alright in there until we get back.." Rym said in a soft voice. Cromthal nodded in agreement, and the two of them made their way down the hall and then down a creaking staircase.

A hobbit maiden stood at the bottom of the stairs as they arrive. "You're just in time for breakfast," she said with a smile. "What can I get for you?"
Old 02-20-2003, 07:11 PM   #656
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

"I once told myself that it was quite possible to find my identity in Middle Earth. I gave up long ago." Rave replied to Huntress. "Although, you, being an Elf, could find it somewhat easier. The race of Man has spread all over this world. My true origin could be anywhere. But Elves, Elves tend to stay in groups...well most of them."

Rave remembered that Huntress was an "Elven ranger" when she spoke. Despite the circumstances, she continued. "I think you have a good chance at finding them." she said. "Maybe start in Rivindell. That is a very peaceful place, and the company there is much helpful. I believe you will someday find your family."

Rave smiled and looked around the inn. Many new people had entered. "I will be back shortly, if you will excuse me," she said and made her way towards the bar for something to eat.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:15 PM   #657
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Burzdol sat silently in a shady table at the back of the inn, ever watching the man.

A short Gondorian was slowly set between his eyes. Burzdol looked up to see the friendly face of Elorwen, the sword stuck in her right hand.

"Hello," she said as she lowered the sword, "How 'you been?"

"Swarn, dunna dor," he said in elvish tounge.

"Oh. Can I sit down?"

"Yeah, sure."

The two chatted for awhile about different things. Through it all, Burzdol hardly took his eyes of the man.

"Burzdol I have something for you, I heard you were going to leave for Erebor tommorow," she handed him a small pendent. A gold embroidered green leaf. A chain connected it at each side.

"Thank you, though I have something for you,"
a small diamond set ring slipped from his hand to hers. She started crying and ran upstairs. Well, I better get to bed, big day tommorow.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:08 PM   #658
avarrogion
Wight

avarrogion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to avarrogion
The Eye

Nahai was her name and now Enlothien was sipping his drink on a same table with a stranger that called him Friend. It`s been awhile since he was called that by anyone.

" Well most likely to find my self some adventure or to get hired by someone here " replied Enlothien as his eyes meet hers.

" Hired? Are you a mercenary or some sort ? " asked Nahai.

" Well not a mercenary but an assassin, i am different from all the other elves right? " asked Enlothien while sipping his tea.

Enlothien then ordered a mug of ale. As he return to his seat,

" What brought you here to the Inn then Nahai ? "
Old 02-20-2003, 10:09 PM   #659
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

And so, early the next morning, Bali, Eruantalon, Burzdol, and their host of companions left the Green Dragon Inn. They were headed for Erebor, far east of the happy land known as the Shire.

Their journey is continued in The Road To Erebor, Rpg. Farewell to our friends at the inn.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:01 AM   #660
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Mylasia was still sitting in the same spot 3 hours later. The elf hadnt looked over again, not that she had wanted him to. Her mug was now empty, she left he table and went up to the bar.

"May I have a drink please?" asked Mylasia handing the Hobbit lass behind the counter some money.

"What will it be"

"Te...Can I have an ale please"

"Pint or half"

"Pint please" the Hobbit lass handed it over with a cheery face.

"Thankyou very much" said Mylasia, she made her way back to her table. She sat down and looked over at the Elfs table, he seemed content chatting away with the others. Give it up she thought, he is not coming over, you will be here by yourself until Niamh returns. By now Mylasia had the idea in her head that Niamh was coming back, no questions, she was coming back.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:43 PM   #661
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cromthal smiled at the hobbit-lass and then looked at Rirrym.

"What do you say to bacon, eggs, and toast, Rirrym?" he asked. Rirrym nodded in agreement.

At the table Cromthal said. "Don't feel too guilty that you didn't know my birthday, Rirrym. I at first was going to tell no one, but you shoud know. How old are you if I may ask?"
Old 02-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #662
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie broke into a grin. "Of course! I could hardly forget. I knew I recognized you. He was very kind--like as not I'd be up in my room with a broken leg if he hadn't been there to catch me. I've always regretted that I couldn't get to know him, but I had to leave right away." She nodded contemplatively. "He reminds me of my own brother. Well, one of them, at least--I have enough that every man I meet will probably remind me of one of them!" She laughed, and after it trailed off she added, "I liked him, I mean. I love my brother, and miss him, but I'll probably nev--that is, I don't see him much anymore." She bit her lip at her slip-up, and waited to see if Luinien would call her on it.

"Why did she run away? Is there a particular reason she would hide from even you?"

"From me?" Talômi echoed. "I don't know why she's hiding from me. Well, she doesn't know I'm here, now, but I've tried to get letters to her and I've never gotten a reply. She probably thinks I'll just tell Father where she is and have her sent back home. You see, she wants to be an adventurer--I am a Ranger, and my father and all of my brothers are Rangers as well. My mother's a smith, and Rie was supposed to be one after her, but that's not what she wanted. And Rie is very used to getting what she wants, you understand? She's the only girl. Father's princess, even though sometimes she felt that he didn't notice her, since she never came with us when we went anywhere--being the daughter. So she decided she'd go, and leave us hanging for once." He stopped. "No, I'm making her sound more bitter than she was. She just wanted to do what she felt like. It had nothing to do with revenge. But I'm...afraid that, oh..." He faltered. "I'm afraid that she doesn't want me here. I'm afraid that she'd prefer it if I were back home in Gondor, with Father, and if I never thought of her again." He sighed and looked at Tarondo. "But I guess you wouldn't understand that part, since you and Luinien seem so close. We are, too, I think...I thought..."
Old 02-22-2003, 02:25 PM   #663
Lily Ahern
Pile O'Bones

Lily Ahern has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A tall stranger in a long green cloak entered the common room, as the heavy wooden door closed the stranger drew back her hood .

She was an Elf, with dark brown hair and even darker brown eyes.She walked over to the counter and inquired about a room for the night.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:45 PM   #664
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The Innkeeper had retired for the evening, leaving Primrose Bolger to mind the Common Room through the wee hours of the night. She saw the Elf in the green hood standing at the bar.

'Another guest!' she sighed, wiping her hands, wet from washing mugs, on her apron. She hurried over and inquired what the Lady might be needing.

'A room, you say,' she asked, and would you be wanting food and drink also, m'Lady?'

She motioned for Buttercup, the sleepy-eyed upstairs maid, to go ready the room with the western facing window for the guest. Then, leading the Elf to a table by the fire, she asked if she might bring her something warm to drink, or cold if she preferred, while she waited for her room to be ready.

[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-22-2003, 03:16 PM   #665
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Drago watched in silence as Ellie walked and talked, speaking first to him, then seemingly to herself, telling the story of what happened to her in childhood. "Hospitality at the Smials" suddenly made a lot more sense.

She sat back down next to him with a slight sigh, dropping her head to her hands. Drago patted her shoulder faintly, to show that he had listened, and he sympathized.

"Well, perhaps it was for the best," he said quietly. "If they were so willing to let you go, perhaps it was best that you went. Just as I thought it was best to get away from my relatives, with their hurtful words and opinions."

Ellie made an indistinguishable sound then, then brought her face back up into view. Drago smiled at her, standing up.

"I'll wager Champignonne's gotten the soup by now," he said. "Would you like to go back downstairs?"
Old 02-22-2003, 03:20 PM   #666
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Huntress had watched Rave to the bar to get some food, sitting back she looked around the room once more, with Rave no longer sitting with her she once again felt the shadow that had hung over her return.

Something or someone caught the corner of her eye by the bar, she looked round to see a tall elf been led to a table, with a sudden impulse brought by her talk with Rave, she decided she would make time for her own kind again.

Slowly Huntress rose, she made her way to the bar and turned to Rave where she sat telling her of her moving to another seat the women nodded her regonnition, so taking a deep breath to stop her from shaking she made her way over to the table that the brown haired elf sat.

She was greated by the darkest brown eyes and a warm smile, Huntress smiled gently back

"May I join you." Huntress asked nervously holding her breath while waiting for an answer
Old 02-22-2003, 06:02 PM   #667
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
"Well, perhaps it was for the best, if they were so willing to let you go, perhaps it was best that you went. Just as I thought it was best to get away from my relatives, with their hurtful words and opinions."
"What?" muttered Ellie to herself, disregarding the rest of Drago's speech.

"The best?" she burst out, pacing the room frantically "You think it's good that I was sent away from all my friends and the good part of my family to stay with people who hated me and only wanted me to go against my Took relations? Well, you're a lovely friend I must say!"

Ellie stopped pacing and pointed a shaking finger at Drago's nose.
"I suppose you think it's good that they called me names, and always told me off, and blamed me for everything, and, and..." she trailed off, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"You don't know anything! My family had to let me go because the Chubbs were closer relations, stupid!"

Her eyes filled with tears. "I thought you were my friend, but you're not. I hate you! I'm going to go back to Champignonne. She'd understand, she's a Took. Not some...Hedgeworth" she finished disdainfully, and ran out of the room sobbing.

[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-22-2003, 06:56 PM   #668
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Ellie, wait!" Drago sprang up from the bed, running to the door, just in time to see her disappear down the stairs.

He hadn't meant it that way. It had come out wrong! How could he have let it come out sounding like that?

"How could you let this happen?" a familiar voice resonated in his memory. Drago saw the looming, formidable form of the cleric standing before him, the terrifying metal staff clutched in his hand.

Drago swayed a bit in the doorjam, clamping his hand to the side of his head, steadying his body and his mind.

"Don't start that back up, Drago," he thought harshly. "Go after her. She's upset, and it's your fault."

Drago ran down the hall and down the stairs, landing with a slight thud at the bottom, looking around for Ellie and Champignonne.

[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: The Ruling Ring ]
Old 02-22-2003, 07:20 PM   #669
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Rirrym smiled in thanks as the hobbit lass came and brought plates full of food. "They certainly don't starve you here," he said with a chuckle.

He paid the waitress and took a bite of the toast before answering Cromthal's question. "I just turned 20 about a month ago," he said. "And I'm glad you filled me in on the fact that it's your birthday -- it's good to have something to celebrate every once in a while. And it's better to celebrate here among such kindly folk than out in the wilds, believe me."

Rym looks down at the table uneasily as he remembers his last birthday before sighing and eating a bacon strip. "Have you got any plans for how you'd like to spend your birthday?" Rirrym asked, trying to change the topic subtlely.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-22-2003, 10:08 PM   #670
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Cromthal and Rirrym were walking back to the Green Dragon, both were carrying a few odd packages. Cromthal had just met Rirrym on the road a few moments ago, they had walked around together for a while, and about an hour ago had gone separate ways.

"Cromthal what is all this?" Rirrym asked.

Cromthal smiled and said "You asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I went shopping after wandering around with you."

"Yes but what is all this?" Rirrym asked again, carrying a soft, shapeless, large package.

"Well, let's see. the bundle you have is a bolt of linen. I have with me five books I bought, a woven rope belt, and this." he held up a small sack.

"What is that?" asked Rirrym

"It's saffron. I'm dying the linen with it and making a new robe. All Sidhe have a robe of this colour" he tugged on his purplish, greenish, greyish robe he was wearing, "and a saffron coloured robe."

"And you don't have one?" Rirrym asked.

Cromthal looked down at the ground for a moment. Then he began "A saffron coloured robe is a ceremonial thing for our people. Each Sidhe chooses a special day to celebrate something life-changing that happened to them and celebrate it once a month on that day. That day they wear a saffron coloured robe. I was wearing mine one day while stupidly crossing a flooded Abhainn-mor, the Bradywine the hobbits call it and the current carried my robe away, I nearly drowned myself."

"Poor Cromthal" said Rirrym.

"Mm If you call meeting the one the elves refer to as Mithrandir 'poor' he pulled me from the river. I'll tell you the tale sometime."

[ February 26, 2003: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]
Old 02-23-2003, 12:56 AM   #671
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

REMINDER TO ALL

All posts to the Green Dragon and to any RPG must be at least 2 paragraphs long and each paragraph must have at least 2 sentences in it.

Please review the rules for posting in the Red Book of Westmarch.

Thanks! Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 02-23-2003, 04:31 AM   #672
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Umbria continued talking ot the ranger in a chair by the fire. "Why do you shy away from me when i look at you Alaemas?" Umbria turned her sharp eyes on Alaemas, now who desparatly tried to avoid eye contact.

"come, you still dont believe that old legend do you? The one about the ones who see?" She had touched a nerve deep in Alaemas' body. "youre not scared of me still are you?" She smiled and lay her hand on top of his, to which he gasped and pulled his hand into the recesses of his cloak.

"your touch is like ice!" he stammered "so you know we keep watch, but what for? This area is being watched by the wild people, to keep the peace and towns safe we must in turn watch." Umbria continued to look at him, emotionless.

Suddenly Alaemas noticed how much sadness had crept it's way deep into her soul. He could tell she had been kept inside, because her skin which used to be tinged bronze from what he remembered of their first meeting on the West Road, was now pale with years of keep. Her snow hair still, as it had always been, kept behind her grey eyes and under her lilac hooded claok that she always wore concealing her eternal youth.

Umbria looked into the fire as Alaemas spoke. " I have met many elves in my travells, Elfsun, but none like you, you say there is good in you, but in that good lies evil."

"I have been kept away Alaemas" Umbria sighed confirming his thoughts."I am what i am, for good or for evil. I live what life I have, or dont." she was quiet, Alaemas spoke again.

" I have some news for you. A woman, half-elven, I saw im Minas Tirith, looked like you, the same eyes..." Umbria stopped, breath caught in her chest. Still she stared at the fire. Alaemas spoke again. "her name was Aeryn."
Umbria threw a hard piercing stare at Alaemas. "Do not speak that name, for it's wearer is dead!" Umbria closed her eyes.

"not dead" Alaemas replied " your daughter is very much alive. she is your daughter isnt she." Umbria frowned "do not use my shame against me, I loved Augenden, but he has been dead 2000 years. Do you not think I regret what has been done!" Umbria was now quite distraught.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #673
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Ellie wanted to scream with frustration, at Drago, at her whole life...she didn't know which. Maybe it had wanted to come out for a long time.

Stuffing the front of her pinafore into her mouth to muffle the sound and darting into a dark corner of the corridor, she yelled as she never had before. It made her feel a little better, and her rage started to subside into sadness that she seemed to have lost what seemed to be a good friend by being horrible to Drago.

He started it! she said to herself firmly. Who cares about him, anyway? He's just...just a- a silly boy!.

Consciously drawing herself up to her full 3 foot eight inches, Ellie walked down to the bar. Seeing Champignonne sitting doing some sort of needlework, she sat down opposite her determined to act as if nothing had happened.
"That's pretty" she started "I can't do anything like that. I'm not...not patient enough." Ellie swallowed.
"Soup?" asked Champignonne, gesturing to the bowl.
"I'm- I'm not...hungry" she replied, and burst into tears.

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-23-2003, 12:29 PM   #674
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Nostawen led Lanith over to the table where her company were seated. Elwen was answering a question of the dwarf's it seemed, so without interupting she lay the tray down on the table and went to fetch another chair. Nostawen noticed an unused stool at a nearby table. She enquired if it were occupied and the young hobbit maiden sat at the table smiled and gestured for her to take it.

When Nostawen had reached her table it seemed Lanith had been well recieved, and was subject to many questions from the company. By the look on his face Nostawen could see these were not questions he was ready to answer. Not yet. She sat the stool down on the floor and Lanith stood up, "Here, let me help you" he said with a smile helping Nostawen sit. She smiled at the elf who then took his seat and his drink in his hand. Elwen, who had already passed the drinks off the tray handed Nostawen hers with an accusing smile on her face. A smile that Nostawen was quick to dismiss.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:13 PM   #675
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A bump in the road woke up the ranger in the back o a carriage. He sat up and looked out the window to a truly odd site, but deafinitly not unbelievable site. A large gathering of races were fighting about something outside the inn he was going to, in which agreement wasn't seen.

The carriage stopped with a sudden jerk which made him fall to the floor. he regained himself enough to get out, in front of him stood a small old man.

"Enerel, you really should sleep a little more, I can see bags under your eyes," the little man pointed out.

"Thank you for your conceren, Orclen. You have been protecting me for years. But now I'm old enough to go out by myself."

"Well, with your father being a steward of Gondor, what else am I to do if he asks me a favor?"

"Now, I tell you to go to my father and aid him in something more useful."

"Okay, fine. Take this though. I know you're skilled with weapons, so I got you something on my last journey," the little man hobbled up to the driver's seat and got out a large package. "Here you go, I got it from Mirkwood. Hope you like it."

Enerel opened the thing. Inside a long Mirkwood bow and arrows lay before the man. "Thank you."

"Aww, you're welcome. Though, I best be off."

Enerel watched the carriage speed along the bump path back towards Gondor. Then his thoughs strayed again to the small party of races near the entrance of the inn. Not odd to see elves and dwarves fighting. Though odd that they would be intermingeled, some talking calmly.

Instead of standing there he walked to the door of the inn. With one final look at the odd party, he opened the door. Inside it wasn't much different than anywhere else, except these few little hobbits running around. I heard about these guys in stories of the Ring, but never saw one before. Pretty cute though. He walked to the bar and ordered his favorite drink, red wine. He exchanged his money for the drink and walked to a the back of the inn.

He slumped to the wall and fell asleep.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:25 PM   #676
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai's eyebrow rose. An assasin? Perhaps he... No. She shouldn't jump to conclusions. There were many assasins in Middle Earth, and it wasn't likely that he was the one she was looking for.

"I'm just looking for adventure, and the men who killed my parents. Whichever I find first." she told him. The elf assasin saw a spark of hatred kindle in the woman's eyes, and then saw it quickly fade.

"So." she said, changing the subject. "You said you came from Fangorn? I thought no one dwelled in that forest."
Old 02-23-2003, 08:45 PM   #677
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

The door to the inn creaked open and a hobbit woman came in, carrying a little girl and leading a boy with her free hand. She made her way through the crowd, trying to keep from being trampled by all the Big Folk, and at last came to the counter. "Excuse me," she said, and to her great joy and hobbit turned to her. "I'd like a room for..." she began to count in her head, and then finished, "for five, please."

The innkeeper smiled at the little girl who hid her face shyly in her mother's shoulder, but gave a sweet little smile back.

"Your name?" the innkeeper said.

"Robin Green, but put the name down as Dinodas Green. He should be here soon..." The hobbit's voice trailed off, and she began to search the crowd. A grin came to her face when she heard a loud scream from the front door. "That'll be him," she said. "Thank you."

Don watched the family carefully. She had no idea where Rie had gone, and she was getting bored. If she doesn't come back soon just to let me know she's okay, I'm just going to scream and scream and scream her name until she comes, Don thought grimly. But for now I'll watch them.

"Oh, Bandy, love, don't be crying so," said Robin with a sigh. "You're nearly five years old now."

"Hold me, Mummy, hold me!" the little boy said, stretching out his arms.

"Daddy will hold you, darlin'. I have to hold your sister."

"But Celandine nearly four!" the little boy protested. "She can walk herself."

Robin sighed and sat down at a table. She smiled to herself. Wasn't it just wonderful to be a mother? Especially that day Bandy had been so angry at her, but then he felt sorry, and had come to her for forgiveness and comfort, big tears rolling down his pudgy cheeks.

Still, I'm beginning to regret call him Bandobras, Robin thought. He's not a thing like him. But I couldn't resist naming my children after the company. She smiled and lay her hand on her stomach. Little Giles will be coming soon. Just a few months now.

She sat back and watched with amusement as her eldest son Halwon played peek-a-boo with her daughter. It was wonderful to be back at the Green Dragon, though this time with all her children. It reminded her of the day she had agreed to accompany Bullroarer on the journey to Rivendell. She was glad Dinodas had suggested taking them there.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:01 AM   #678
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

'I have to get to the inn tonight' said Mayla to herself while standing up and looking on the shadowy road ahead. She straighted her blue dress and then - as always - touched her necklace, just to make sure it was still there. And again as always the relief reflected in her eyes which now looked blue because of the colour of the dress she was wearing. Wind swept her fair hair to her face.

The roads from Annúminas were new and easy to travel but if you don't know exactly where you are going even the easiest passages may become overwhelming. Mayla had wandered around for maybe just over a week but the time felt ten times longer.

She was no unwearying elf nor a tough dwarf but she was used to travel long distances with light baggage while looking for healing herbs and roots. But this time everything was different. This time I won't go back.

This thought gloomed her mind as she continued her journey. She had met some other travelers in the morning and asked if they knew a place where she could spend a day or two (or maybe longer), sleep in a real bed for a change and have a decent meal. They were kind enough to tell her the way to a inn called the Green Dragon.

Mayla walked in silence and tried to concentrate on what she saw along the road instead of letting her mind wander free. She didn't have the strenght think about the past nor the future.

Finally after long hours of lonely travel she saw the inn near ahead and quickened her pace. Everything looked to be in good order and she sighed with relief. There were only few people moving around the inn and the stables but she guessed there would be quite many inside the house.

As Mayla entered in and smelled the food she finally realised how hungry she was. Suddenly a warm meal was all she could think of and so she headed straight to the counter. She dodged a hobbit child that was running around his mother. Mayla smiled to the woman who carried another child in her lap.

'What can I get you', asked the innkeeper when Mayla reached the desk. 'Something to eat is all I need right now but if you also have a room to spare I would be forever grateful.' The innkeeper looked amused and informed her that the room would be ready when she had finished her meal. 'Oh, could I have a cup of hot water, please? So I can make my own drink.', asked Mayla. She had picked up some herbs near the inn that she knew would help her to sleep without dreaming. For dreams were the last she wanted to see...

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]
Old 02-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #679
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Mara loved cats. This love was not born of childish affection or a passing whim. The thin and wry redhead had obtained the black tabby she was now showering with affection shortly after her emancipation from slavery in Umbar. Even as she moved through the crowded inn, she blended into her surroundings like a passing wraith. The Gondorian woman’s skin was still deeply tanned, a testament to her earlier life. She paused for a moment to straighten her simple brown dress. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing in her wardrobe, but it did have the most hidden pockets. She choose a unused table in the middle of the room and sat, waiting for her companion while making a great show of fussing over her appearance and fidgeting. Hopefully, any watching eyes would simply gloss over her as a local girl who was waiting for a friend.

It was only a few moments before her friend arrived. In the two years Mara had shared the hardship of the road with him, she had learned to notice Sir Barak Mindalel’s lean six foot five inch frame under any circumstance. In the interests of secrecy, the knight had left his partial plate mail and Lochaber axe in their room. The only thing that separated from the merchants and travelers that frequented the establishment was an ornate Haradrim saber. He made a show of ambling around the tavern before seating himself across from Mara. The knight bent looked around disapprovingly before leaning forward and whispering, “Do we have to dine here? There are too many people.”

However, Mara had other ideas. Her eyes grew wide while her upper lip quivered as if she would cry. She’d practiced this look for quite some time, and more than one man found himself too enraptured with her face to notice the sudden disappearance of certain personal objects. To the best of their combined knowledge, Mara hadn’t said a single word since her birth. It took only one glance before a sinking feeling began to grow in Barak’s stomach. He simply couldn’t bring himself to argue with her. “Oh, fine. Just this once.”

Ignoring Mara’s gloating grin, Barak rose to procure a meal. Completely ignoring the various alcoholic beverages, the knight procured two cups of strong tea before returning. “Dinner will be here in a moment, dear.”

The food in the inn was far better than average. The waiter arrived a few minutes with two bowls of stew and a loaf of bread. Barak took a tentative sip as his companion watched and waited a few moments. By virtue of the lack of uncomfortable feelings, the stew was probably poison free. Umbar had been a wonderful academy in survival, a place where failure was punished with death. Mara quickly ate her portion before settling back and scrutinizing the other patrons. As long as they were here, they might as well keep their senses alert for information.

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: Ransom ]
Old 02-24-2003, 08:09 PM   #680
avarrogion
Wight

avarrogion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to avarrogion
The Eye

Enlothien took a drink and looked around the inn. People of all races began crowding the area. Some had been there since he`d arrived whereas some just arrived.

" Fangorn is old...quite old indeed and the ents are still dwell there but hidden " replied Enlothien.

The waiter came and Enlothien ordered another drink and this time it was ale. Enlothien looked into the eyes of Nahai then he smiled.

" Why are you smiling? " asked the woman.

" Well you`re seeking revenge right? You`re here to look for the people who murdered your parents correct me if i am wrong " replied Enlothien.