Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2003, 10:45 PM   #441
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Question

A young woman of indeterminate race, cloaked and hooded, entered the common room. She glanced around shyly, hoping that someone, anyone would look at her, or speak to her, or even welcome her. It had never happened anywhere else. She didn't expect it here, though there was something gentle about this place. Something homelike, about this land called the Shire.

Everyone seemed to be in a group. Except for a lone elf with a writing pad. She seemed to be observing everyone, even as she sipped her wine. Perhaps this person could be a friend. Except the woman knew that if this elf were to meet her, the elf would turn away like all the others did. No one wanted any part of someone who didn't even know her own name. If she could find her name, perhaps someone would want to know her.

The woman started to approach the elf, then thought better of it. This elf was probably like every other person the woman had ever met. Still, she could try. Now decided, the woman stepped farther into the room.

----------------
I hope this is okay. I've never done this before.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:06 PM   #442
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The hobbit cut in and reached out her hand to the newcomer. "Tinuviel, you're doing just fine. I'm Cami Goodchild, one of the moderators in the Shire. I'm in and out of the Inn on occasion, keeping an eye on what goes on here."

"As you can see, I'm a hobbit. My father is a Harfoot, and my mother a Fallohide. I'm a friend of Piosenniel and also of Aman who is our other assistant Innkeeper."

"Come pull your chair by the hearth and tell us something about yourself. From what part of Arda do you hail? And tell us something of your kindred and lineage. What brings you here to this distant land?"

Cami bustled over and took a flagon of ale, setting it down on the table in front of her new friend, wondering if she would open up and share any tales with her.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:49 AM   #443
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Aeryn had been thinking for a long time. "I think, I will travel now to fair Lothlorien, where the leaves fall ever golden" she said to the others.

And then to Éden "I trust that you will go with me? You have been so quiet now, and I know that you would never let me go alone old friend." She turned her cold stone-grey eyes to the window, "And I think I will leave in the morning."

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 05-05-2003, 06:46 AM   #444
Hapman

Shield

"Well, hello, Fawain Isilmeleo from Ithilien," grinned Hapman. "I am Tundil- you can call me Hapman, most people do. This is Laiquendi..and this is the good lady innkeeper, Aman. How do?"

He extended a long arm and gave Fawain a firm handshake, which vibrated up her arm. Then he turned back to Aman.

"So, how about that ale?" he asked cheerily. None of the three girls could work out how he could be so happy all the time. "Fawain. What brings you here? Especially in such weather." Hapman slurped his fresh beer and indicated the pouring rain. "You must be a traveller. Am I right?"

Old 05-05-2003, 06:55 AM   #445
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

She lowered her head in a friendly bow. And before answering she glanced around the inn again.
"Greetings, Fawain Isilmeleo. How are the lands of fair Ithilien? Tis been awhile since I ventured there. My name is Lalaith"

Again Lalaith felt she had spoken too much, even though she felt she liked these people there were still many that could not be trusted. Even in these parts. She returned to her silent mysterious self and sipped at her warm wine. Listening carefully to those around her. She hoped that she would find news of these parts, as none now came out into the strange lands of mirkwood and furthur deep to the east.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Laiquendi ]

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:25 AM   #446
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn returned down the stairs slowly, recalling the events of the night before. She wondered where Nahai was and how she'd been doing. She was still a little shaken and wandered over to the bar quietly. Taking a quick glance around the room she didn't see Nahai anywhere. She must still be asleep. Morwyn sighed and placed her elbows on the table, resting her cheek against her hand.

Aman came over to where Morwyn was sitting and passed her a large cup of hot coffee. "You look like you could use this." she said kindly. Morwyn smiled. Could she ever. She hadn't slept much the night before and knew it was obvious. She touched the bags under her eyes with her fingertips before answering.

"I must look as bad as I feel. Thanks for taking care of that mess, has Nahai been down?" Morwyn carefully added sugar to her coffee, sipping experimentally to check the sweetness. She poured just a little more in and stirred. Aman shook her head.

"She hasn't been here yet." the woman answered. Morwyn sighed. It had been a long night.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:55 AM   #447
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Annalaliath sighed and went back inside . After a while she decided to retire. She didn't sleep but paced back and forth back and forth, running her fingers through her thick blond hair.

Annalaliath paced like this all night. Then an impuls caught her she rushed to the common room and found the inkeeper, " do you by any chance know a barber?" she asked. Her face shown with her confidence. Her blue-grey eyses showing with this light.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:09 PM   #448
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman was down early in the morning, and saw that it had indeed snowed heavily the previous night, but the sun was now shining, not strongly enough to melt the snow, but enough to make it glint off it like there were ten thousand jewels embedded in the earth all around the Inn. She descended to the main bar before the Inn's customers, which meant rising early. This was certainly one of the things Pio had not warned her about; the half-elf knew just as well as Aman herself that the woman was awful at rising early. Stifling a yawn, she entered the bar, flung open the doors to air the main room, for it was warm enough, despite having a slight chill which did not in any case pervade the Inn's cosy main room, and got down to the morning's business.

Not long afterwards, Aman heard the sound of more footsteps on the stairs, slowly and light footed.

"Morning Morwyn." Aman guessed who it was before she saw the elf, then turned to see an anxious and tired looking Morywn entering the room. The elf didnt seem to notice, she looked that tired, almost falling down into a seat and resting her cheek against her hand as she leant on the table, and started to brew some strong coffee. A few moments later she approached the other, passing her a large mug of the strong, dark and overall, caffeine-filled liquid.

"You look like you could use this."

Morwyn smiled and touched the bags under her eyes as she took the coffee, sipping it then adding a little more sugar. "I must look as bad as I feel. Thanks for taking care of that mess, has Nahai been down?"

"She hasn't been here yet." Aman answered, shaking her head, releasing a sigh from Morwyn, then a sigh. Before she knew it, Aman was yawning as well, before Morwyn broke off, laughing, despite her anviety. Aman smiled back sheepishly. "I'm not really a morning person. And all that business las night...well, it doesnt really make easy dreams for the night."

Morwyn nodded, indicating her own tired eyes. "Oh, tell me about it." She took another grateful sip at her coffee.

"Goooood morning!"

The cheery voice shook the mornings quiet hush, making Aman look around like a scalded cat. Morwyn winced at the cheeriness, before also turning. Aman smiled when she saw who it was though- the omni-cheerful Hapman. He had spoken with many of the Inn's customers throughout the night, and was a cheerful and likeable character, but his way of being so interested and happy towards everyone had meant he had left it until too late to leave, so he had stayed the night in the Inn.

She inclined her head to him. "Good morning, Hapman. Good night's sleep?"
Old 05-05-2003, 12:24 PM   #449
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

Lalaith walked through the inn door. Closing it quickly as not to let in any of the cold. She still had her hood drawn over her face and was covered in snow.
She smiled at Aman. "Good morning" she call as she walked over to the bar.

"Good morning", Aman replied as she passed Lalaith a cup of hot coffee.

"I trust you all had a good night" Lalaith said as she sat down.

"Yes thank you" Hapman replied.

Aman frowned at her. "Don't tell me you stayed out all night!"

Lalaith smiled and nodded. She didn't wish to bring any trouble to the inn and she had feared that if she had slept there, trouble would have found her.
She glanced over at Dreran, who was still asleep on a chair in the corner, where Lalaith had left her the night before.

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #450
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman frowned as Lalaith didnt answer, turning to look at Dreran. Hapman wandered away and Aman leant over the bar the the mysterious elf.

"Lalaith, is there something still bothering you? I do not endorse trouble in this Inn," here Lalaith looked stricken, but Aman continued. "and therefore no trouble will find you here, I promise you that. You need not sleep out all night when there is a place that will give you glad refuge!" She smiled encouragingly.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #451
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Lalaith smiled at Aman.
"I thank you, and I will gladly take up your offer tonight. Last night I had certain, tasks to carry out."
She meerly smiled when Aman looked at her confused.

Getting sick of her wet cloak, Lalaith pulled back her hood and unfastened the clasp so she could take it fully off. She tucked a piece of braided auburn hair behind a slightly pointed ear. She looked young but her eyes showed that she had wandered this Earth a few thousand years. She wore slightly travel stained clothes of a green and brown colour. She smiled again, this time they could all see her friendly and gracious face.

Old 05-05-2003, 01:07 PM   #452
Glofin
Pile O'Bones

Glofin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I am a wandering Elf, Glofin is my name. I walk the way from Rivendell to the Grey Havens singing songs of old with silver harp in hand. I seek adventure in the wilds of Middle Earth.

You can find me often at the in at Bree. If any one is in need of an companion, please send me a message. Or blow three times on a Silver horn.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #453
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Tighersome and heavy from his weary travel. Erulon sees the sign of the Green Dragon inn. Its been so long since I had a good pint of ale there. I'll have to stop in there. Traveling is such a lonely job. it'll be nice to see some famliar faces there.

Now with a smile on his face the tall dark haired stranger makes his way to the door.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:23 PM   #454
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai wobbled down the staircase, only half awake. The Inn seemed to be quiet this morning, and for that Nahai was glad. She had just gotten over a very emotional night, and was in no mood to deal with much more grief.

"Goodmorning, all," she called timidly as she entered the room. She wasn't sure how they would all react to her presence after last night. She smiled as she saw her friends Annalalath and Morwyn, already awake (somewhat) and eating breakfast.

"How did you sleep?" asked Morwyn, the bags beneath her eyes hinting at little rest. Nahai merely shrugged. The dark circles under her own eyes spoke loudly of an ill-spent night. Restless, she had wasted many hours pacing her floor like a caged animal. She had almost felt at home here in the Dragon, where people seemed to care about her as a person, not as a Beorning. The murder convictions of last night forced reality back to her like a troll's fist in the gut: she was still one of a feared race, and she could never truly be accepted among elves and men.

The night had also brought forth further memories of the last time she had allowed the hate of others to bring her to tears. It was before Celecu dissapeared. She had fallen into his arms, weeping long and hard, her forehead pressed against his shoulder. She could still feel his strong arms around her, hear his liquid voice comforting her. She had seen his face in her mind, felt the gentle caress of his hand against her cheek, wiping away her tears. She had drawn strength from, allowing him to soothe her emotional wounds. That was the last time she had a shoulder to cry on. Times like these made her long for him even more.

Three times she had reached to her belt for his wooden flute, forgetting that she no longer possessed it. So instead, she played with the silver strand of bells around her wrist, each one giving forth a sound that no longer laughter as much as they did silver teardrops.

"Coffee?" asked Aman, pulling her from her thoughts. She nodded, hoping the drink would wake her from her weariness and push yesterday from her mind.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #455
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

Lalaith walked over to a coat hook and hung her wet cloak on a spare hook. She returned to the bar.
"You don't happen to have anymore of that warm wine do you. I've taken a liking to it." She asked Aman.

"Sure" replied Aman, returning with a mug of fresh hot wine.

Lalaith turned to see someone coming down the stairs.
"Coffee?" Aman said to her. Lalaith studies her carefully, she had a worried look in her eyes as she turned to face Lalaith, who nodded a greeting. She tucked a loose braid behind her ear again. She seemed to be having trouble with that piece and made a mental note to re-do her hair later, when she had a spare moment.

She lent forward and spoke quietly to Nahai, "You're called Nahai are you not? Someone by the name of Nannaliel was looking for you last night."
Lalaith looked at her eyes widen, she started to look even more worried. Lalaith smiled reasuringly.
"Do not worry" she looked and nodded to Aman, "You're well protected here"
Even so, Lalaith loosened the lock on her sword's sheath.

Old 05-05-2003, 02:34 PM   #456
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rie and Talômi sat in front of the fire, talking about the experiences they had had while apart. Talômi had to concede that Rie's had been the more interesting, though his own had not always been boring.

He smiled at his sister, who was now curled up and resting her head on his lap. Her hair was fanned out, and she was talking softly, though seemingly without pausing to breathe. He responded to her questions, and gave his own descriptions of his adventures, but he was hardly paying any attention. He was finally back with Rie.

Suddenly her eyes snapped wide open, and she leaped away from him towards the door. A man with dark hair had just entered. Talômi did not recognize him, but obviously Rie did.

Forgetting that she had been having a conversation with her long-lost brother, Rie flung herself at her old friend. "Erulon!" she said, embracing him tightly. He seemed startled, at first, but then he recognized her. "Where have you been? You were gone so long. Talômi, get over here! This is Eruantalon. You can call him Erulon. He can, can't he, Erulon? This is my brother, Talômi." She took a breath, and smiled brightly. "I missed you. Could you tell?"
Old 05-05-2003, 02:35 PM   #457
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn smiled at Nahai with relief as she headed downstairs. She knew last night's events would have upset her friend, and she hoped that Nahai would be able to handle it well. Aside from looking slightly puffy around the eyes Nahai seemed only little worse for her sleepless night.

She shook the bells around her wrist as she sat down and Aman pushed her a cup of coffee as well. Morwyn's eyes were drooping. Perhaps she should go back to bed, but no, she wanted to stay down here for at least a little while longer. Aman refilled her coffee without being asked and Morwyn smiled at the inkeepers considerateness. She was glad Aman had come, not that she hadn't liked Pio, but she enjoyed having the other human woman there. And that was beside their common bond of homeland.

Attempting to sip her coffee reflectively, Morwyn scalded her tongue. Her look of self irritation brought a small laugh from Nahai, but when Morwyn looked at her the Beorning looked positively miserable. Morwyn put a hand on her shoulder as she sipped her coffee more carefully, her eyes never leaving her friend.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:50 PM   #458
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman passed the hot wine to Lalaith with a smiled, then offered Morwyn another coffee, doing the same for Nahai. After handing out the drinks, she made a mental note to keep one of the small cauldrons of the wine heating over the fire. Hot or mulled wine was always popular, and it looked like the Green Dragon wouldnt be an exception to the rule. But her mind already felt that it was going to overflow with mental notes....

She clicked her fingers as the thought hit her. The Innkeeper's notice board, of course! It had not be largely used in Pio's time, for the elf had an excellent memory, but Aman had decided to put it to good use for any long term memos, just until she had got them right into her head.

Walking over the the board, on the right side of the bar, the same side as her room, she scribbled the note on a piece of paper in her characteristic spidery writing with a pencil she had borrowed from Vanwe. The elf had looked positively terrified when she asked for the pencil until Aman assured her that she was going to bring it back- if you had her and Lalaith in a room, no doubt it would be very good company, but the nerves there would be stretched so tight, you would be able to play it like a banjo.

However, as Aman was doing so, she saw another piece of paper on the board, folded, with her name on the front of it written in curly, comfortable writing which Aman guessed was Cami's. Pulling it from the board, Aman read the note.

"'Look out for the host of dishwashers!'?" She murmered, puzzled.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:56 PM   #459
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami stared at the familiar figure who was now rushing forward to embrace Rie and meet his brother. Her eyes widened with surprise as she took in his easy grace and courtesy, qualities that were too often absent in the Big Folk. She had indeed missed Erulon. His cheerful messages and presence in the Inn had brought a smile to her face on more than one occasion.

She walked over towards Erulon and halted, hesitent to interrupt the spirited conversation of the three Inn visitors now seated at the table. Cami went up to the bar and hoisted up a tray with several flagons of the Inn's finest ale. Then she set it down in front of them and smiled, "This indeed calls for a celebration." Cami nodded in Erulon's direction. "I will speak with you later, for I hope you will linger a bit in the Shire. But for now enjoy these drinks, as they are certainly on the house."

With that, she curtsied and turned back to her other duties, thinking that she needed to speak further with Aman concerning the dishwashers who would soon be pouring into the kitchens.

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 05-05-2003, 02:57 PM   #460
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

As Aman brought the piece of paper back to the bar, Lalaith could clearly see what was written on it.
"Ah!" she said, and laughed, the sound of her voice fair and musical. "Yes, from the party, it was very, um, entertaining"
Aman nodded, glad for the helping hands she would be getting.

Lalaith drank some more of the wine, recalling the momories of the previous night.
"Oh, and congratulations on your award."
Aman blushed slightly. "Oh, why thank you" she replied, unable to hide her proud smile.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:19 PM   #461
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawain had spent most of the previous night with the delightfully cheerful Hapman and the Mysterious Lailith, Sharing tales and fine wines. She had went to bed more than a little tipsy and this morning she was paying the price, with a massive hangover.

She slowly made her way down stairs, "Mornin' Aman can I have a strong black coffee please" she ask groggily. Looking about she saw that Hapman and Lailath where already up. She waved to them, smiling weakly.

Suddenly the events of the previous night came flooding back to her, she had told them about being a Ranger of Ithilien and that she was here to meet with her friends Lóthaniel and Léspheria Denfëa the twins of Rivendell. She couldn't believe she had drink so much wine and that she had been so open with complete strangers, but with one look at Hapman she realised that his cheery demeanour had made her totally relaxed.

"A good night then" Aman laughed as she handed Fawain her coffee,"yes very" she smiled sipping at her hot drink.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:58 PM   #462
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daethaur turned to Morwyn; Nahai seemed to have too many people trying to talk to her. This place was complicated, very complicated.

"Can you tell me what year, or age this is? And something about what is going on in Arda? I have been behind, a great deal behind, on events."
Old 05-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #463
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Morwyn looked in surprise at the creature that spoke to her. She was uncertain as to exactly what kind of a thing it was. Dark in color, and not what men would call beautiful. She was a little frightened of it and pulled back as it spoke to her. But it only asked her the date and the age of the world.

A very difficult question. Morwyn mulled it over in her mind. This inn was the strangest place she'd ever been in in that respect. "Well, my friend, this is Nahai." she gestured lamely toward her friend, not sure what point she was trying to get across, "And as she lived with her uncle Beorn in her childhood, it seems that it must be the late third or early fourth age now." She stuttered a bit, for her calculations were far from exact. News from the King Aragorn flowed through the inn regularly, but nor was it unusual to see someone hailing from Lindon with news from the King Gil-galad. Time here was, well, different.

"And as for the time of day..." she was flustered on this one too, for it seemed that she and Nahai had gone for months without sleeping, yet she was quite certain it was morning now. She took another experimental sip of her coffee to make sure it was still hot. It was, so that much time couldn't have passed since morning. Fairly confident now she answered, "and it's midmorning here at the Green Dragon." She gave the creature Daethaur a small smile.

It looked puzzled, but Morwyn didn't know how to explain. She also recalled hearing that Pio's twins would be born on Midsummer's day, and they hadn't been born very long ago; but only this morning Aman had noticed the snow glittering on the hills of the Shire. She shook her head in abject confusion and finished off lamely, "I just don't think about it. Perhaps Aman would know?" Feeling silly she turned her attention back to her coffee cup, studying it intently.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-06-2003, 09:07 AM   #464
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Still unsure of her welcome, the young woman took the hand that was offered her and smiled shyly. She pushed back her hood, revealing the round ears of the human folk, thick mahogany hair tied back with a strip of leather, and sad blue eyes. "You can call me--Niniel. I don't really have a homeland, I just wander."

Then she stopped, surprised at herself. Never had she volunteered information so quickly. Maybe it was the fact that a hobbit was so small that she couldn't pose any threat. Maybe it was that Niniel needed someone to trust. Maybe it was just a crack in her shell. Since the hobbit seemed to be waiting expectantly, Niniel took a deep breath to steady herself and continued. "I don't remember anything before my sixteenth year. All I know is what I can do, not who I am."
Old 05-06-2003, 11:09 AM   #465
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Walking through the door. He was met by a face he remembered. The red headed girl from his first visit here.

"Rie you have either been here a long time or chance has happened that we got here at the same time. I have lots of storys to tell. So be ready later for some fun!!"

Cami smiled at Erulon and gave him the drinks on her tray. He smiled and thanked her. She was always a proper and good hostess. But this time the Ale was free witch was a nice change for the light moneyed stranger.

"Thank you Cami its quit nice to see you again. I'll be shure we get that talk later."

"Yes of course he can call me Erulon Rie. Hes your brother!! So nice to see friendly faces again."

Erulon sat down at the table that he had first recieved in the in at his first visit. Looking around he saw the welcoming bustle of the inn he remembered so fondly.

Its nice to be here again. Nice to talk to friends again. Strange to think this is the second time I have come back from an errond for the dwarf lord here!! Ha ha. But sometimes fate is strange and life is stranger.

He drank the best ale he had in quit some time there. It was good and refeshing to his parched lips.

"Mmmmmmm I really missed this." He said with a widening grin.

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Eruantalon ]
Old 05-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #466
The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
Animated Skeleton

The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
White-Hand

At that instant, a strange female elf burst into the inn. It was good old Nannaliel (Nanna for short).

She looked around, then approached the innkeeper and asked her for a drink. "I'd like a Shire Vodka on the rocks please."

For some reason, many heads turned towards Nanna and eyed her suspiciously.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:47 PM   #467
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

The door flew open and in burst a strange elf, who practically swaggered across the room.

"I'd like a Shire vodka on the rocks please." She asked, confident but polite,.

Aman raised an eyebrow at the request, but she knew how to make one, of course. It had been a while since she had done so though....a bizarre request, especially from an elf...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #468
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

Nanna was confused that people reacted so strangely. Shire Vodka on the rocks was her second favourite drink, after all (knocked off the top spot by Rohan Baileys).

"What? What's so strange, eh?" she asked. Aman was still peeping at her under her raised eyebrow.

"Hey, aren't you Amanaduial, the weird archer? I know you! YOU're the one who..."
Old 05-06-2003, 01:45 PM   #469
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Lalaith turned as the elf barged into the inn. She grinned as she heard the drink Shire Vodka, it was a nice drink, but nothing could top off Sauron Slammers - not many people knew how to make them though. A popular drink with young elves.

As the bar felt a little crowded Lalaith decided to sneak away to a corner table by the fire. She curled her legs under her as she drew out a small book, covered with what suspisiously looked like orc blood.

Old 05-06-2003, 01:48 PM   #470
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

"Mhmh, orc blood!" Lalaith unexpectedly heard Nanna's voice behind her. "Ooh, would you mind pouring some in my Vodka? I love orc blood, you know..."

Nanna held her glass of Vodka towards Lalaith, expecting her to reply. Well, even more heads turned now...
Old 05-06-2003, 01:54 PM   #471
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Lalaith meerly raised her eyebrows as she replied.

"It's dried, these orcs died thousands of years ago. I sugest you leave me alone and go and find some that may be willing to help you with that drink"

She was normally tollerant with others but the passed weeks lay heavy on her. She restrained herself to say anymore, as she had promised Aman that she would bring no trouble to the inn.
She frowned. The female was an elf like herself. Unlike herself she acted strangely, like the young boys in Gondor who continuasly boasted about orcs they said they had killed.

((ooc: sorry, i'm not normally this mean.... just give me a few moments to get my happy self back))

Old 05-06-2003, 02:07 PM   #472
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Please pay note to a previous request of the Shire Moderator:

I want to see posts that are more substantial and less chat/dialog oriented.

I don't mind dialog between characters meeting in the Inn, but I want to see more use of descriptive prose along with that dialog.

Short, chat-style posts run the risk of being sent back to the writer for revision.

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 05-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #473
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

(Thankyou)
Old 05-06-2003, 03:05 PM   #474
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daethaur listened intently. Morwyn seemed confused. He couldn't blame her, so was he. If all of the tales told here were true, this land must be run by at least two dozen kings, half of them calling it "Arnor" and half calling it the "Reunited Kingdom". "it's midmorning here at the Green Dragon", she finally finished. Well, he could tell that.

He grinned, in an odd way, and started, "Well, I wasn't always so behind on things. Back in the old days, I always seemed to be where things were happening, though they were not events you would have wanted to witness."

"When Feanor was slain, I was there. When Hurin was captured, I was there. When Gondolin fell, I was there too. But I did not see the battle that toppled Melkor, and only heard about it much later; I fled from that struggle before it began."
Old 05-06-2003, 06:11 PM   #475
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Niniel watched the strange elf who'd said that she loved orc blood warily. Strange taste. She couldn't understand how everyone in the Inn could be so welcoming, even of someone so--different. She was a stranger here, though hopefully not as strange as that elf. That hobbit, Cami?, had pulled her into the group, made her one of them. There were no distrustful glances out of the corners of eyes here. No hostility. For the first time in almost nine years of wandering, Niniel felt at ease.

She thought about asking the innkeeper, who she'd heard referred to as Aman, for something to drink other than ale, but didn't want to seem ungrateful to the hobbit who had been so kind. Nervously, she tugged at her hair. She wanted to meet some of these people. Perhaps especially the one called Hapman. He was entirely foreign to her experience with his incessant cheerfulness. She liked the change. Still, she was hesitant to approach any of the other customers. The thought of simply walking up to a total stranger terrified her.

As she slowly became more comfortable, the hardness in her face disappeared. She appeared younger, more vulnerable than before, though her eyes remained sad. Indeed, it appeared that at any moment, tears could well up gently and silently spill down her cheeks.

She had good reason. Sometimes, she could almost remember a father, who'd taught her her trade. Sometimes, she had nightmares about fire in the night and screams and a sense of losing everything. Those were the only indications of her past. Niniel had no idea how she knew what Elvish that she did, nor how she'd heard the stories of the ancient heroes. She liked the sad ones. Like the tale of Turin Turambar and his sister, Nienor. She'd always felt strangely akin to Nienor, who'd lost her memories, too. Except Nienor hadn't been a thief.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:17 PM   #476
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Annalaliath looked at Aman again. She was still standing in the large common room of the Inn. Morwen had already come down and was sipping (or attempting to sip) a cup of coffee. Annalaliath asked Aman , " Do you know someone who can cut hair?" then she added, " or do I have to barrow a pair of shears and do it myself?"

Annalaliath, although an elf, looked haggard and tired, but still she was awake. She ran her fingers through her long hair. And still she wanted to hack it all off. Start new and clean, not old and worn. Yes this change was drastic and it would take a long time for her hair to grow out again, but she had grown tired of having it. Annalaliath’s hair however beautiful was a minis to her, even though it fell about her shoulders in the fashion of a mantle, it tangled and needed fixing. It would get into the ink and was hard to clean, and was just plain annoying.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:55 PM   #477
Glofin
Pile O'Bones

Glofin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It was a fine May evening at the Green Dragon of Bywater. But there was talk of an odd stranger who had stopped at the Prancing Pony in Bree. Though the news had just reached the Shire it had been the talk of Bree for the last week.

Every one was gathered around two adventurous Tooks who had actually been to Bree and had brought back the tidings. “He was taller that all of the other men at Bree.” said one of the Tooks. And he had a red cloak that came down to his ankles, but it was his broach that was so strange.” Here the Hobbit paused to take a sip of the ale. “ The broach looked liked it was made of silver, but it shown like a star on a clear winter night”. The young Took stopped again to finish his ale. “It’s all a bunch of lies if you ask me”. Said a dark haired Hobbit who was sneering at the two young Tooks. But no one was listening any more. A hush had fallen on the room. For there standing in the doorway was a tall figure in a russet red cloak.

As he stepped forward the light caught upon the broach he was wearing. It appeared to be fashioned of silver in the likeness of a star. And indeed it shown bright a star. Then he raised his hand and pulled back his hood revelling his long flowing gold hair and slightly pointed ears. And for those who looked close they could see his eyes, which were deep blue, and if you looked close enough you could see a light set within them. Like something shining far away but clear. Then he said, “My name is Glofin. I seek only to replenish my supplies, for I have a long rode ahead of me, little ones. And I cannot stay the night.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:30 AM   #478
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Do you know someone who can cut hair?" The elf paused, then added, "or do I have to barrow a pair of shears and do it myself?"

Aman stared at the elven woman's beautiful mass of hair. "You want to cut it all off?" She exclaimed, incredulously.

The woman ran her fingers through the hair in question, sighed, and nodded. Aman regarded her once more, then couldnt contain herself. "Why?!"

The woman swatted her hand at the words. "A number of reasons you know, just.....is there any way you can help me here?"

Well, Aman thought, I'm blowed if I'm going to sit here and let her make a mess of it... She steeled herself before answering once more- it had been a long time since she had last done what she was about to offer to do.

"I....I have a little experience cutting hair." Annalalaith's eyes lit up at this. Aman smiled back, if a little sheepishly- she didnt want to be thought of as just a hairdresser really. She went on,"I've no mind to chop it all of, just to let you know beforehand, but...well, I think I can probably make a better job of it than you can just hacking at it with some shears!"

Annalalaith smiled, relieved and grateful despite her weariness. Aman looked around the bar; ah well, she could just do it in the corner. She pulled up a chair for the elf to sit on and draped a spare apron around her clothes. Then, pulling a pair of wickedly sharp scissors from beneath the bar, she approached, feeling, well, a little apprehensive. Placing herself behind Anna, she measured up with her eyes about where she would cut to. Say an inch or so above her shoulders? She snipped experimentally with the scissors a few times, then gave Annalalaith one last chance.

"Now...are you sure you want me to do this?"
Old 05-07-2003, 03:42 AM   #479
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawain looked up from her drink at the elf named Annalaliath, "do you know someone who can cut hair?" she had said to Aman. Fawain shook her head in utter disbelief An elf that drinks orc blood and now an elf the wants to cut her hair, these are strange times indeed she thought to herself.

She decided to take her coffee and sit nearer the warmth of the fire and nurse her hangover. She sat staring at the flames dancing about the fire, hoping that her friends would arrive soon and wondering what was so important that they had wanted to meet her here?
Old 05-07-2003, 05:21 AM   #480
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Léspheria and Lóthaniel Denfëa sat on their cart shielding their eyes from the incessant snow fall. "Snow this soon after midsummer how odd" Léspheria whispered, pulling her silvery grey cloak tighter around her. She looked to her brother, he hadn't seemed to have heard her words, but he looked worried and lost in thought. He had been like that since they had recieved word from the rangers of the north, that Halwain a close friend of theirs was being held captive by Skaikrish the maimer, The leader of a rather nasty band of orcs who had escaped from mordor and took up residence in the blue mountains.

She remembered that right after recieving this message her brother had request to take this shipment of Miruvor to the green dragon, he had also sent a message to Fawain Isilmeleo in Ithilien asking her to meet them in there. She looked round at the twenty casks of Miruvor that were a gift from the lords Elladan and Elrohir to celebrate the birth of Pio's twins. "for the nameing ceremony I assume " she said trying again to gain her brothers attention, but still he hadn't heard her. She stared at him concern creeping over her.

Lóthaniel Felt his sisters grey eyes watching him, trying to figure what was going on in his head. He turned to her trying to put on his best reassuring smile. "Oh no you don't" she scolded, with a slight frown on her face "there is something you are not telling me" she said. Her voice softened with genuine concern as she continued " Please Lóthaniel I may be able to help". "Halwain is Fawains father" he blurted out, Léspheria's eyes went wide with suprise, " how long have you know this" she asked. " I always have" he replyed. Léspheria was hurt that he had kept this from her but she tryed not to let it show.

The rest of the journey continued in an uncomfortable silence until Lóthaniel suddenly turned to his sister saying "He didn't want me to tell her and if I had told you would you have been able to keep it from her", Lesperia sighed he was right she wouldn't have, so she shook her head saying so to her brother.

As she looked up at him she saw still a great saddness in his eyes, Oh, Eru I think he loves her she thought to herself. She then looked ahead, without even realising it they had arrived at the court yard of the Green Dragon Inn. They dismounted handing the riegns to the stable hand waiting to take them. Lóthaniel told the hand to get help to take the casks into the inn and informed him that they were a gift from Rivendell. The lad smiled and ran to get help.

Léspheria looked to her brother " Are you ready" she asked softly, he nodded. Taking a deep breath he entered the inn beside her. It took a few seconds for their eyes to adjust to the bright lights of the inn, there was a sign by the door saying "Please remove your weapons before entering the common room." They both looked around for somewhere to leave their weapons, they saw a small alcove lined with various weapons "do you think they'll be safe " Léspheria asked Lóthaniel, he just shrugged and unfastened his sword belt and placed his Elven long sword in an empty space. Lésperia followed his lead and put her Elven short sword next to his, then they both removed their long bows and quivers. Lesperia looked down to her belt knife, " yes I think we can keep them on " Lóthaniel chuckled seeing his sisters obvious discomfort at having to disguard her weapons.

They opened the door to the common room and walked gracefully in, they both unclasped their cloaks and hung them on the pegs by the door. Their long dark hair had amazingly managed to stay dry under their hoods and now tumbled down about their shoulders. The only way anyone could tell these two apart was the simple fact that one was female and the other was male.Today Lóthaniel was dressed in black leather pants, a white shirt and a silvery blue tunic. Léspheria was wearing a matching Long silvery blue Travelling dress.

Lóthaniel turned to his sister and said "I'll find Fawain and you find the Innkeeper, tell her about the Miruvor and get us a room for the night". " So we will be staying tonight then" she smiled at him. They nodded to each other and went to find their quarries.