The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-26-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting PJ talks ROTK

The Chicago Sun times talked to PJ about the ROTK here is the link<A HREF="http://www.suntimes.com/output/pearlman/cst-ftr-cindy25.html" TARGET=_blank>Chicago Sun Times</A><P>He says, as many of you know, it is his favorite of the three movies, and additionally he is letting it go as long as it needs to be, it may be almost 3 1/2 hours long <BR>They also talk about some other things from the set
Old 12-26-2002, 04:30 PM   #2
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks Gorwingel! Oh, by the way, welcome to the downs.
Old 12-26-2002, 04:45 PM   #3
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yeah, better start looking forward to the next one. Because The Two Towers...
Old 12-26-2002, 08:49 PM   #4
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Three and a half (<B>3</B>1/2) hours!? Awesome! *Dances around* But how will they get RotK in the theater? That would be too long to put in the theaters, wouldn't it? *scratches head* <BR>Anyway, thanks Gorwingel! <BR>~M<p>[ December 26, 2002: Message edited by: Morquesse ]
Old 12-26-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

3 and 1/2 is not a whole lot different from 3 and 1/4. And after the major media reviews he got this time he probably feels he can get away with it.<P>But to tell the story rightly he will need every minute he can get since he has to add Shelob and a confrontation w/ Saruman to the RotK. And I am sure the whole Battle of Pellenor Feilds will take a 1/2 - 1 hour alone.<P>Just imagine the extended version may reach 4 hrs.
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 11:20 PM   #6
hipsuperstar

Pipe

the return must be long, considering the two towers early ending, no shelob, no frodo being captured... which means the return of the king is likely to be a fairly action packed flick...
Old 12-27-2002, 01:11 AM   #7
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

It looks like I will have to have another full day of barely anything to drink before that film (as I have done with the last two). Bring it on! I will sit there as long as they want me too!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:27 AM   #8
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ooh<BR>3 and a half hours.... good good<BR>it has to be with shelob and all that<BR>I just can't wait!
Old 12-27-2002, 11:57 AM   #9
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

*joins in the dancing* Finally, it's going to be as long as it's worth. Did anybody else look at what Liv said? I'm just a tad disappointed, she could've been more positive. And it's hard to picture an elf saying the F word...
Old 12-27-2002, 01:27 PM   #10
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Out of all of the movies I hope that it would most live up to it's potential.<P>If so it will be much easier to look back forgivingly on TTT and enjoy it's ludicrous departures from the story. Hopefully PJ got all of the 'my vision' c#%p out of his head for the third one.<P>Everyting moves so fast and interconnectedly I really don't think he will have much of a chance to bothch it. Uless he has Sam dive in with the Ring.Actually he could continue to sabatoge Faramir [unlikely] do something 'creative' Denethor - actually that is my biggest fear.<P>Botches the couring of the Shire, he may omit it altogether, which while lamentable would be understandable seeing as how little of a shire he had in FotR to scour!<P>So we may well go straight to the havens from Minas Tirith. Perhaps via Rivendell.<P>It would be great if we get to hear gandalf say as they pass Bree [perhaps the Hobbits can go to Bree] and G. say well I am off to see Bombadil! Even if we never see him a oneline mention would be redeeming, and perhaps the hobbits could even jest, " be careful going through the Barrow-Downs Gandalf".<P>Then in one 10 second clip the 2 major omissions [ well not counting Gildor] from the FotR can at least be mentioned. <P>Anyway I am rambling and Estelyn will get me!<p>[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #11
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

More spoilers! I hope this works click <BR><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1044081420" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><p>[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 02-01-2003, 12:12 PM   #12
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The article had expired, since it is over a week old. Anyone know where else I can find it?

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #13
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sorry, it works for me. Do you want me to email or PM you the spoilers? I could just post them, but I don't want to ruin it for people.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:53 PM   #14
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think theOneRing.net may have had some of the details of the article in their archives, but I don't know exactly where they would be.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #15
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I think Inderjit meant the Chicago Sun Times article in the first post. The spoilers work.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:11 PM   #16
Angry Hill Troll
Wight

Angry Hill Troll has just left Hobbiton.
As Gandalf and the hobbits are approaching Rivendell on their return journey in ROTK...they are met on the road by a tall blond elf.<P>"Hail and well met, travelers! Welcome back to Rivendell. I am Glorfindel. Lord Elrond sends his greetings."<P>Gandalf and the hobbits have slightly quizzical looks. Finally Sam, unable to contain himself any longer, says:<BR>"Begging your pardon sir, but I don't remember you from the last time we were here." <p>[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Angry Hill Troll ]
Angry Hill Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #17
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LOL - Good one, Troll! Glorfindel then goes on to explain how Arwen kicked the crap out of him and stole his horse so she could have a bigger part in the movie. <p>[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Aratlithiel ]
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:47 PM   #18
Angry Hill Troll
Wight

Angry Hill Troll has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aratlithiel,<P>Actually there's a very funny <A HREF="http://www.thefellowship.nl/cartoon.php?id=6&section_id=0" TARGET=_blank>cartoon</A> I came across a while back on that very topic--I'm putting the link in case you or any other visitors haven't seen it.
Angry Hill Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #19
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

hooray! we must ahve a feast to celebrate! (joins in the dancing) lalalalalalalalalalalalalala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:13 PM   #20
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That was great, Troll - thanks for the link. Those must be Tom Bombadil's boots sticking out of the next can over. Loved it! <P>Sorry, I didn't notice that I gave my LOL above to Diamond instead of you. Taking it away from Diamond (sorry, dear) and giving it to Troll.<p>[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Aratlithiel ]
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 10:30 PM   #21
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
No problem, I'm just so witty and funny that everyone expects clever posts to come from me. <P>(Imagine heavy irony in tone, I'm not being vain, just teasing. )<P>Though I do proudly hold the title as the one who came up with the Morphin' Glorfin' doll idea (changes from Glorfindel to Arwen like those transformer toys...buy today!)<P>Oh, right, the topic at hand. Wouldn't it be wise in the future to copy and paste articles into the post instead of links? Because so often these articles disappear after a while due to sites have different archiving policies. So then we have these tantalizing threads with links to nowhere lying about torturing people.<p>[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]