The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2003, 10:55 AM   #41
Swin

Sting

So how many musical pieces there were in all?<BR>Like six? seven?<P>First time I saw the movie I thought there were like three. One 'Admire the beatiful scenery' music, one(two?) sad music and one intense battle music.<P>But I like the so called scenery music.<BR>Brought a smile to my face.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:28 AM   #42
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

There are 19 tracks on the soundtrack (20 on the special edition) if that's what you mean.<P>If you mean that Howard Shore only used about three different themes, then you have to listen closer.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #43
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If anyone wants, a cue by cue analysis can be found <A HREF="http://www.moviemusic.com/mb/Forum1/HTML/010649.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A> This tells you what is happening in the movie in relation to the soundtrack.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:04 PM   #44
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I already know all the words and when I went to see the movie for the 3rd time, my cousin and I stayed afterwards and sang the song! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I keep trying to stay, but I always seem to be on the end of the row, so people can't get out unless I do. I finish the song outside, though. You can't just leave halfway through it! The last time I did that, my dad disowned me and threatened not to drive me home
Old 01-21-2003, 06:24 PM   #45
The Flame Of Anor
Animated Skeleton

The Flame Of Anor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Best parts in the soundtrack are in my opinon all towards the end:<BR>In Track 16 (Forth Eorlingas) at 1:47 (King Theoden stand alone.....Not alone!)<BR>In Track 17 (Isenguard Unleashed) at 2:10 (The Ents now march to war)
Old 01-21-2003, 10:04 PM   #46
Gollum
Pile O'Bones

Gollum has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

My favorite tracks are 3,5,12,14-19!!!<P>...Does the special edition soundtrack have the ents song on it? My regular one has the words...
Old 01-22-2003, 07:56 AM   #47
The Flame Of Anor
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"The Ents" is the section of 'isenguard unleashed' once the ents start singing. The exact time is in my previous post.<P>(edit) also, the above posted cues are (in my professional opininon :-) ) a bit off as a couple of the songs are spliced together once or twice in a different order.<p>[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: The Flame Of Anor ]
Old 01-22-2003, 08:06 AM   #48
The Flame Of Anor
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Sorry to keep tacking things on, but i was really hoping someone might know of a way to get the two major moments missing from the soundtrack i noticed:<BR>As Legolas surfs the sheild, there is a bold fellowship theme<BR>and<BR>Gimli blowing the Horn of Helm Hammerhand.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:09 AM   #49
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I really like "The Hornburg" which has the music that was played when the Elves marched into Helm's Deep. For me, the first time I watched it, it was a very emotional scene. <P>When I was leaving the movie theater after watching the movie for the first time, I made the remark to my sister that the song that was being sung sounded like it was for Gollum. I said to her, "what is this, Gollum's song?" And everytime I saw the movie after that I listened to it to figure out what it was there for. All I could think of was Gollum. Needless to say, when I found out that the song was, indeed for Gollum, and called "Gollum's Song" I was very amused with myself.<P>I also enjoy the violin parts like what is found toward the end of Helm's Deep. My sister said that the tune for that seems to be like the main theme tune of the movie, like she noticed a main tune for the first, and bits of that were heard in the second movie, which was a nice tie in.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #50
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I could be wrong, but I think the bold fellowship theme is exactly the same as the bold fellowship theme when Aragorn and Frodo get across the gap in the stairs in Moria. So if you want it, I think it's on the first soundtrack.<P>H.C.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:07 PM   #51
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Both of you are right! (Airehiel & HCIsland) - that Rohan music (with the Hardanger fiddle being used some places) is surely the main theme in TTT. Not so strange since so much of the movie is taking place there & involves their big battle against Saruman.<P>The Fellowship theme can be heard in TTT too. It is more used in FotR, of course, & can first be heard 'full-blown' ( ) right after the fellowship leaves Riwendell - & it's also obvious in Moria, right after the fellowship manages to get past the broken staircase, just before the Balrog.<P>& yes, the fellowship theme is on both soundtracks, as is the Hobbit theme & probably others. Shore uses a technique where certain themes are connected to either certain people or groups of people, or places, or both. So those 'key'-themes will appear in various forms throughout the movies where they fit. The technique is called using a 'leitmotif' (leading motive/theme).<P>[ January 22, 2003: Message edited by: mollecon ]<p>[ January 23, 2003: Message edited by: mollecon ]
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:13 AM   #52
Vorrothiel
Pile O'Bones

Vorrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I think Samwise the brave is the best track on TTT... The hornburg is also quite good...
Vorrothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:29 AM   #53
eleniwilwarin
Animated Skeleton

eleniwilwarin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I like Samwise the brave.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:01 AM   #54
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Definatly the Rohan tune in all tracks with any Rohan scenes. The Elves tune at Helm's Deep is the best, and Fangorn - well whatever that cool track with the mysterious drums in is!<P>Bye, Elessar
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:52 PM   #55
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

woohoo i love emiliana torrini she's the best! my favorite was Gollums song and i just loved the whole thing because it all fit perfectly with every scene.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:26 PM   #56
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Whenever I turn my CD player on, it always starts where I left off - but I put it back to the beginning because I LOVE the intro and the first track (Foundations Of Stone) and the other song I LOVE is Evenstar. I had to listen to the soundtrack a few times before I really appreciated it, but I LOVE it.<BR> The Rohan theme kinda grows on ya, but that FIRST track just grabs me.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:41 PM   #57
The Flame Of Anor
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I have to agree, Foundations of Stone is good, but i hated that part in the movie (they messed it all up!! ahhh!!) <P>If anyone has an audio clip of the Horn of Helm Hammerhand, i would be forever in their debt...
Old 01-23-2003, 06:16 PM   #58
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

PigsnieLite has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I liked the Hornburg music wid the Elves marchin into Helms Deep. When I last watched that scene at the cinema, several people in the audience yelled, YEAH!! That wuz the only part at which they did that. I noticed at the movie that they also played a bit of the march again when the Elves were chargin behind Aragorn. I also love that little bit of Elvish lamentin durin Haldirs sad sad sad end. Sniffles.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:18 PM   #59
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

PigsnieLite has just left Hobbiton.
HUZZAH! I just noticed that Im not newly deceased anymore. I am now a PILE OF BONES! Cooool!