The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-13-2003, 09:20 AM   #1
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye seen this article?

I didn't see that anyone else had posted this article, which kind of surprised me. It's by Dave Barry, who has a very unique brand of humor that you either love or hate. I hope you love it. Here's the link.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/5023564.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/5023564.htm</A> <P>Enjoy!
Old 02-13-2003, 10:21 AM   #2
elfling
Haunting Spirit

elfling has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very funny. I like his since of humor, it's different and you have to laugh at his ideas.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
DaughterofVana
Wight

DaughterofVana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You can't help BUT laugh, really. I love poking fun at stuff, even stuff I take seriously--it shows a person has a good, firm grasp on reality. Plus it's great fun.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> <P>LORD ARAGORN: Well, my two trusty companions -- Legolas, the Strangely Tall Elf; and Gimli, the Comic Relief Dwarf -- in our subplot, we are pursuing Merry and Pippin, who have been captured by Orcs, and now we find ourselves in the Kingdom of Rohan, ruled by King Theoden, whose niece, Eowyn, will become my second love interest once the king is released from the spell cast by his trusted counselor, Grima Wormtongue, who is secretly in league with the evil wizard Saruman!<P>LEGOLAS: I have no idea what you're talking about.<P>LORD ARAGORN: Me either. I'm just reading the script.<P>GIMLI: Well, I'm really short!<P>(Laughter)<BR> <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> FRODO: How come, if I'm the protagonist, Lord Aragorn has TWO love interests, and I'm stuck in a subplot with **** Cheney?<P>GOLLUM: Maybe it's because your big hairy feet make you look like you're wearing a pair of dead weasels.<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>-'Vana<P>PS: that's really funny that the computer reduced *Richard* Chaney's first name to stars. Even IT doesn't like him. <p>[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: DaughterofVana ]

Hi! Did you miss me?
DaughterofVana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 05:38 PM   #4
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Funny funny funny!!!!