The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #801
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lommy, the village needs as many shots at finding the EW as possible, so that includes lynch-votes. Or am I totally wrong? Is your proposition something that the village has discussed thus far?
I disagree. Someone has to try to get rid of the wolves.

As for some of the silent players, being silent might as well mean being uninterested in the game or being too lazy to try to catch up with our daily page count or to really be in a hurry (like Glirdy) rather than using silence as a tactic.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #802
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
As for some of the silent players, being silent might as well mean being uninterested in the game or being too lazy to try to catch up with our daily page count or to really be in a hurry (like Glirdy) rather than using silence as a tactic.(Lommy)
Try this one little sis: having RL problems in the middle of a game as well as that drated time zone disease. Yes, I am always in a hurry rather than use scilence as a tactic. My reasoning behind this is that every time I go silent, people begin to suspect me of Wolvish crimes. So, I'd rather speak up than stay silent. And the only reason why I've been unusually silent this time around is because I had things to do in RL. I will be tryinig my best to get up to my normal standards.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #803
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
As promised:

Lalaith Analysis (I'm going to do this in the same style I did Diamond. I do not intend offense; I'm just trying to find the truth.)

Day 1
1st post - Nonsense, denies being the turned wolf, Infamous Cannon-fodder theory.

I believe this theory has been the source of much of the suspicion in Lal's direction (and I'm curious as to who started that….), but to me it looks like a decent theory, and one that may be accurate. Because we don't know who the EW is at this time, we don't know if it's true, but it's not an inherently bad theory.

2nd - wonders about time

3rd - Worried that time has run out, Votes Loki, says it fits in with her cannon fodder theory

I'm curious, and perhaps she can answer this, if she meant that Loki was the fodder or the cannon? That is, was he the wolf supposed to be lynched to make another look better, or was he the wolf supposed to do the lynching.

Day 2
1st - wonders if the EW knew which wolf had been turned back, points out that unless Loki was telling the truth, her cannon fodder theory does not apply, disappointed about the seer's failed dreaming, wonders about the people who do not vote, makes list of Day 1's non-voters, says there were only two wolves during Night 2, says she trusts the phantom but every time the phantom is completely trusted the village suffers, disagrees with Diamond and Fea's suggestion to hunt out the Good Wizard.

Well, a lot was said in this post. The question about the EW knowing which wolf was turned seems to denote that she isn't the EW, but it could just be that she's trying to cover her tracks and make us think she really didn't know. She also pointed out that her cannon fodder theory didn't apply to Loki unless he was actually the turned wolf, which suggests that she doubted it at this time. Since she used her cannon fodder theory as her reason for voting him, it seems somewhat contradictory. I also wonder about her bringing up the non-voters. It had been stated several times before that the non-voters would be left alone till the village was smaller. Was she just curious or trying to lower the number of villagers?

2nd - Response to Spawn, clarifies theory

3rd - Response to Celuien, defends theory, supplies Diamond quote for Spawn

The defense of her theory was quite reasonable, and I find nothing really suspicious in it. The supply of a rather incriminating quote from Diamond doesn't look to good though.

4th - points out that the changed wolf might not have come forward because s/he didn't want to die, suggests SPM may have been the changed wolf

As someone who believed in Loki's innocence, I don't really like this statement, but as many people were saying something like this at the time, I don't think it singles her out.

5th - Suggests that Loki just wanted attention, doesn't think he was the turned wolf, thinks it would have been risky for the GW to pick him, offers apologies to Loki

This is weird for two things. I don't think the statement made about Loki just wanting attention was really fair of her. But then she apologized to him. Apologies = just plain weird.

6th - Responds to LMP's clarification of the rules

7th - Not convinced about Nogrod, says she's going to try to find wolves by instinct, is uncomfortable with Gurthang and Celuien, decides to vote Oddwen by process of elimination between the leaders in vote

This post is her weirdest one yet. She states that she's suspicious of Gurthang and Celuien, yet she votes Oddwen who she had no prior suspicion of because she's more wolf-like than Nogrod.

Day's 3 and 4 wil follow, but not necessarily together.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #804
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Eomer might actually have a point with having one male, one female. LMP was worried about having even numbers of players…

Merely to entertain the notion... Since we have Glindurthang, it could (theoretically) vindicate Eomer and Alcarillo.

Gurthang, I have a question...

Why haven't I been scried or dreamt of? That's pretty much the first thing that's always done, but it hasn't been.

Edit: by even numbers, I meant gender-wise. Just to clarify.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #805
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, here's a vote update:

1. morm --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 1)
2. Oddwen --> Feanor (Alcarillo 1, Feanor 1)
3. spawn --> Feanor (Alcarillo 1, Feanor 2)
4. Caranlondien --> Feanor (Alcarillo 1, Feanor 3)
5. Thinlomien --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 2, Feanor 3)
6. Sleepy Ranger --> Feanor (Alcarillo 2, Feanor 4)
7. Kath --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 3, Feanor 4)
8. Eomer --> Feanor (Alcarillo 3, Feanor 5)

That leaves:

Diamond
Roa Aoife
Lommy
Glirdan
Kitanna
Alcarillo
Feanor
Zali
Jenny Hallu
Lalaith
Eonwe
Gurthang

As for myself, I'm still leaning towards voting for Zali. Somehow, I don't think that Fea is as evil as people are making her out to be. In all honesty, I think that she's probably a Wolf, not the EW. So, unless something else pops up, my vote will be for Zali.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #806
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm also leaning toward a vote for Zali since she's on my list of six AND she's on Glindurthang's hit list.

But I'll admit right now that if it comes down to me or Alca, I have no qualms about voting to keep myself alive. I know I'm innocent but I don't know if he is. We can't afford to kill somebody that I know is innocent.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #807
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lalaith analysis, cont.

Day 3
1st post - Congratulates village, answers Firefoot's question about why there was a hunter before a Ranger

2nd - Points out that Naria wouldn't have known that Nogrod was a fellow wolf

3rd - says she went back over her knowledge of Oddwen, and states that her behavior is consistent with how she's always acted

Considering the near random vote for Oddwen the previous day, this looks, well, odd. I suppose one good turn around deserves another.

4th - gives a basic summary of EW activity, wonders on which night Naria and Nogrod were turned, suggests that both wolves living were innocent on Day1, gives three possibilities for the changed wolf, wonders about the GW activity

5th - Curious as to what Cailin meant by the hunter not picking Naria, restates order of nightly events, realizes that Nogrod, Naria, or phantom could have been the changed wolf

This post doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me- it mostly just sounds like confused babbling, and, for the second post in a row, she doesn't really say anything

6th - can't find LMP's post about the hunter role

7th - Find's the post about the hunter role

8th - points out that Fea's reaction to the N thing wasn't all that odd, believes Naria was the Night 3 wolf, believes that one Night 1 wolf still lives, refuses to accept Loki as the turned wolf, agrees that finding the EW is more important than finding wolves

9th - admits that it is possible that Nogrod was a night 2 wolf, but doesn't really buy this theory

10th - Clarification on the hunter role

11th - Denies being the changed wolf, thinks we should be trying to determine when the current wolves were turned

While her cannon fodder theory was logical and accurate, this idea is just the opposite. We have no way of knowing when the current wolves were turned. The only ones who do are the EW and the wolves, and it would be far too easy for them to direct attention where they wanted it to go.

12th - Thinks Kath made a good spot about Nilp

13th - Wonders why Eomer linked SPM and Naria

14th - "I was so engrossed in the game; I'd forgotten those blasted family trees. Thanks, Caran."

15th - agrees with Cailin, thinks Roa's passion/aggressiveness is normal behavior, attributes it to red-hair, points out that the ones being suspected are "the usual suspects," wonders whether to vote Gurthang or Celuien, or Valier

16th - Doesn't think Zali or Eomer are guilty. Votes Celuien.

17th - will look at Valier the following Day, "if we are all spared"

The phrase "if we are all spared" bothers me somewhat, but I doubt it's all that serious. However, Lal does suddenly become far more vocal on this day. Her posts on the other hand, don't say a whole lot, leading her to the "lots of volume, little substance" category, which I always find fishy.

Day 4 (dear Lord) coming up soon)

Old 05-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #808
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Right now I have no idea at all for whom to vote. If I have enough people ask me, heck, I'll vote for myself to make life easier all the way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
But I'll admit right now that if it comes down to me or Alca, I have no qualms about voting to keep myself alive. I know I'm innocent but I don't know if he is. We can't afford to kill somebody that I know is innocent.

Okay, there was no actual point to that, as I realize Fea's previous statement was a joke. I just found it funny.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #809
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
We have no way of knowing when the current wolves were turned.
Sigh. Roa, that has been my main theory for two or three days now, and I'm clearly not explaining myself very well if you've been going over my posts and haven't understood my argument.
We can make good guesses - because the EW is not going to waste a curse on someone who is just going to be lynched the same day. So s/he is unlikely to be someone who was nearly lynched the day before. Like your good self the day Valier just beat you in the vote.
For example, you'll see that a whole bunch of us thought that Valier was probably a Night Three wolf because of this theory.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #810
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Another point I was considering yesterday. I noticed a couple of comments concerning Roa's and Diamond's unhappiness with Gurthang's plan. They seemed to be like: "Oh, no wolf would come out that strongly against the GW in public." But isn't this what the evil ones would bank on? We're all thinking it would be more likely for the monsters to just hide in the shadows as regards the plan of the GW; and this grants them the privilege to hide in the open, as it were.
I've thought about this too, and that's a reason that I find Azaelia suspicious. Her vote yesterday was definitely against everything that the plan was about, and more or less earned her another day on the list.

Azaelia is now actually looking innocent to me. Her posts, from 768 onward, are, quite frankly, the kind of thing I would do if I were in her shoes. Under a lot of suspicion and possibility/likelihood of getting lynched, I'd simply post the facts about myself. So now I don't really want to vote for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Also, to those suspecting me simply because I might have done some thing like what's happened were I the EW, please, come up with better reasons. You don't know who I would pick or what I would do as an EW. The role is entirely different than that of a wolf, which you have recorded in you lorebooks. You can "see" me doing something to that effect, but all that is just speculation, and not really evidence.
This is true, and one reason that I think we as villagers (I may be the wizard, but I'm still a villager, too.)should be looking for the wolves. I have plenty of resources to help me find the EW during the Night, and you guys are way better at picking out who are wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Odd choice of wording, my friend. Possibly a harmless slip but for some odd reason it clears you in my mind...
Odd, perhaps; clearing, definitely not. This makes me suspect you, Sleepy, because it really doesn't seem logical in my mind to say such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
Why haven't I been scried or dreamt of? That's pretty much the first thing that's always done, but it hasn't been.
Not sure. I know I've thought about it before, but it seemed like there was always someone who I felt more urgent to know about. And I think that you being the first one scried/dreamed of makes you less likely to be picked for evil. And, by that reasoning, I do not think I wll be voting for Fea.

And lastly, as far as Roa's post (two above), there might be a point, actually. It does seem a bit flippish. But on the same note, I agree that it probably isn't anything. I think that if it was a landslide in her direction, Fea would just add to the avalanche. If it's close, she'd push it to someone else. Two different situations; two different actions.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #811
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh and there wasn't much odd about my vote for Oddwen. I felt it necessary to break the tie, anything else would have been pusillanimous.

As for Loki and the cannon-fodder - I thought he would be a good choice for the EW to curse and then get killed. He had shown himself to be rather a stroppy person in the preliminary discussions, someone who would probably do something controversial fairly quickly, and it would be easy for the EW to construct a case against him.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #812
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
I think that if it was a landslide in her direction, Fea would just add to the avalanche. If it's close, she'd push it to someone else. Two different situations; two different actions.
True enough. Though it's more like: at the beginning of the day, I really had no idea what I was doing based on my limited participation over the past week. Now, after having gone through things and made lists and had Ideas, I'm a lot more comfortable with actually thinking for myself.

I just accidentally hurt myself. I'm going to go try and fix it. I'll be back soon, I think. Because if it's a long-term fix like my shoulder, I'm just going to ignore it until at least 6:00.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #813
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Sigh. Roa, that has been my main theory for two or three days now, and I'm clearly not explaining myself very well if you've been going over my posts and haven't understood my argument.
You know, at that point I had just read the theory. The more I read, however, the more I understand it.

Quote:
Oh and there wasn't much odd about my vote for Oddwen. I felt it necessary to break the tie, anything else would have been pusillanimous.
Alright, I see your point, though I disgree with your reasons. I've always thought that we should vote for whomever we think is guilty, other people be damned. (One reason I had such a bad reaction to Gurthang's plan.) I do realize though that others don't follow this thought, so I'll let it go for now.

Day 4, coming soon

Old 05-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #814
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I can't say I really like Gurthang's assertion that the villagers should concern ourselves with wolves and leave the Evil Wizard to the big boys. But then, you already know how I feel about leaving the important work to the "big boys" (aka GW and Gifteds). I just find the idea that it's so unlikely that we'll catch the EW that we shouldn't even bother looking, to be a bit narrow minded.

Roa: so what you're saying is that you can be as condescending and judgmental as you like, but heaven forbid that I should take offense at being portrayed as a twaddle head? Okay.... I don't mind being suspected, after all I suspect other people, but your tone is always one of "This is how I play and it is the perfect way, anyone who doesn't play this way is either evil or stupid." Just thought I'd point that out to you. I let it slide after reading the analysis, trying to avoid a debate that Morm described as "so hot there would literally be flames" but now as I continue to post I do feel it rather behooves me to let you know that you're just being redundant, yourself, before you go ahead and critique my "nonsense" the usual way.

I'd like to know why Roa disappeared from the lynch-list after yesterDay, I have two theories on this, but feel it best to keep them to myself. I think toMorrow will answer any question I have on the matter. But right now I feel she's looking rather EWish. I don't think that Eomer's suggestion that LMP made the Wizards one of each sex is too far fetched -- not that I'm prepared to discount a male EW, and I might as well say that I think if the EW is male, it's Morm. But if it is female, that seems to make me, Roa, and Fea look the most likely. And of those three, Roa seems most likely to me.

I don't know what to think of Zali and Alcarillo, the two people I have to pick from (since I don't want to vote Fea or Kit) so I'll wait a bit more before voting.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #815
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Now to continue with what I left off with before bed...
DAY THREE
Quote:
Alcarillo=
My son! My son! O phantom, my son! O, phantom, my favorite son! Your mother and I cherished you most of all our two children! *sob* O, phantom! Now Eomer is my only hope for grandchildren! *sob* But you have died honorably, phantom, with a dead werewolf in your hands! *sob*
The post that a lot of villagers felt was too in character and overboard.
Quote:
Alcarillo=
If by yesterday's "overreaction" you mean my spirited defense, then I'll explain. Saucepan Man and I had exchanged votes on the first day, so naturally his death would point at me as a double-bluffing wolf, as some of you accused. If my defense seemed overeager, I suppose it was, but fingers across the village were pointing at me. I was the topic of debate, and I just wanted to dispel the dangerous rumors.
Another spirited defense of his actions from the Day before, regarding SpM death and suspicions of him. If I recall fingers weren't really being pointed at him, Alcarillo's name appeared several times, but most of the time he wasn't high up on anyone's list. So his defense does seem a little to defensive and odd.
Quote:
Fea=
It is common knowledge that I'm a shady character whom the village never trusts. While I don't want to die, I won't refrain from putting forth ideas or plans, even if they might lead to my death. I don't want anybody taken for granted. I want the village to win. If that means killing me, I'll be a martyr, but I'm not going to keep thoughts to myself for self-preservation. That's a wolvish tactic that I've never been good at.
Fea speaks truth and her shady past does tend to get her killed. But labeling herself as a martyr worries me. It makes me a bit uncomfortable to hear anyone talking about such things, more so with Fea given past actions. I feel almost challenged by this statement, lynch her just to see what happens.
DAY FOUR
Quote:
Alcarillo=
++Roa Aoife

Her rebellious talk is unsettling. I like the GW's plan. It's worth a shot. I'd trust the GW. He's essentially a seer, only un-kill-able by ordinary methods, and with multiple seers (GW and whatever seers he makes), I think we could really narrow down our list of unknown villagers.
I think this is noteworthy. A few villagers said Roa's rebellious talk made her seem less likely to be the EW or a wolf. The open talk against Gurthang and his plan seemed like the work of an innocent. Yet Alcarillo comes on after rare appearances since his spirited defenses and votes for Roa because she's rebellious. I'd say the EW or wolf would want to hide completely behind the GW's plan and back it as best s/he could, which is what Alcarillo did here.

I'm going to be totally honest and say I'm clueless about Fea. It's easy for her to go either way. As for Alcarillo, well on Day Two he mentioned if he was evil he'd be laying low and trying to divert attention from himself and since then he's been doing just that. Day Three he was mostly in character and Day Four he latched onto Gurthang's idea and shunned Roa for not doing the same.

I'll read today's posts and then cast my vote.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #816
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lalaith analysis, cont.

Day 4
1st post - points out flaw in Fea's theory, says that if a false GW comes forward, then the real GW can come forward, says we should bully him/her into coming out

2nd - Apologizes to Loki

3rd - hunter should stay hidden, agrees with Nilp, says she knew something was up with Gurthang, wants to know why the wolves attacked him, inclined to vote Valier

4th - wonders if Firefoot could come up with the List of Doom

5th - Notes that Gurthang can't PM Firefoot the name of the hunter since he can only pm with gifteds

6th - notes that by going by the list of the most suspected we could miss the turned wolf from the previous night, points out that drawing up a list for the next days lynching makes it easier for the EW to pick a new wolf

7th - collates information about voting patterns and wolf creations

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=653

Okay, now I get it.

8th - general impression of village

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=656

9th - says that she was worried that Gurthang would be challenged before he could make a list

10th - points out that the wolves could kill Nilp

11th - Notes that Kitanna had assumed the wolves knew each other, doesn't believe this to be true

12th - Questions Morm

13th - Lists rules regarding werewolf identities

14th - Votes Valier, impressed by Spawn's Roa=EW theory, has some other theories of her own

Have we heard those yet? I'd like to, if you have time. As for Day 5- you all can read that yourself.

After all this, there are some things that tweak me about Lal, but not enough for me to consider her guilty. My only concern is that she may be the wolf from last night, since she's intelligent and vocal but hasn't drawn much suspicion as of yet.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #817
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Roa: so what you're saying is that you can be as condescending and judgmental as you like, but heaven forbid that I should take offense at being portrayed as a twaddle head?
I wasn't being condescending or judgemental. Nor did I portray you as a twaddle head. I've said this many times before- I will never, ever, insinuate that one of my fellow players is stupid, moronic, or twaddle-headed, because I simply don't believe it to be the case. Show me where I depicted you as a twaddle head, and I'll explain how that is not the case.

Quote:
Okay.... I don't mind being suspected, after all I suspect other people, but your tone is always one of "This is how I play and it is the perfect way, anyone who doesn't play this way is either evil or stupid." Just thought I'd point that out to you.
I didn't realize this was my tone at all. I play according to what I think is best, but I've never claimed it was perfect. Nor have I ever stated that anyone who didn't play my way was stupid or evil. Infact, yesterday I was speaking aginst someone saying just that. I found the flaws in your posts and I brought them to light, and that was all I did.

Quote:
but now as I continue to post I do feel it rather behooves me to let you know that you're just being redundant, yourself, before you go ahead and critique my "nonsense" the usual way.
First, you obviously weren't letting it slide, as you made the snide comment first.

Secondly, I don't see where I have been redundant. And as I said earlier, "nonsense" refers to in character posting, which I usually do not engage in, and have not for this entire game.

You over-reacted to my analysis, made a snide comment about me, and then accused be of being rude and close minded when the rudeness started with you.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #818
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Tea? Biscuits? Change of subject? Let's be nice, shall we?

We have evil people to lynch. We don't need an argument cluttering thoughts.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #819
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You're right Fea, we shouldn't get into this- at least not here. Diamond, if you wish to continue, PM me, so we can work this out. (I have a feeling you work stuff out in a similar fashion to me, ie, yelling.)

Old 05-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #820
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Just popping in quick to vote.

++Fea

To keep her ahead by a few votes.

Yes, I've been laying low for a while. But that's not because I'm evil! Just trying to survive here with votes flying at me.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #821
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey look, I returned! And I have to say guys though I don't condone this arguing, I love the term twaddle head
Old 05-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #822
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Must get underway soon.

Alcarillo- I still think the cases against him are weak.

Zali- I think she's an innocent who is as clueless as the rest of us and far more unlucky.

That leaves Kitanna and Fea. Fea is (slightly) more suspicious than Kitanna, mostly because she's such an unknown element. So

++Fea

Maybe tomorrow the list will have some people I can get stronger ideas of.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #823
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Oh, just thought I'd mention: I've been keeping track of how long our ordeal is going to be in the lorebooks, and it looks like we've got the longest ever! Well, actually we broke the record with post #749 two pages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
Just popping in quick to vote.

++Fea

To keep her ahead by a few votes.

Yes, I've been laying low for a while. But that's not because I'm evil! Just trying to survive here with votes flying at me.
Yeah, just got done going through his posts, and was actually thinking I wouldn't vote for him. Now this changes things a bit. Alcarillo, obviously, you care a lot more about your own health than about the village as a whole, which is suspicious to me. If I don't find anything significant in Kitanna's posts, then Alcarillo will receive my vote.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #824
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Right. Back to the pressing issue of voting.
After the fairly straightforward decision about Valier yesterday, I found this shortlist quite a tough one.

Kitanna could be a recent wolf. But I'm not sure enough about her one way or another to vote for her.
Azaelia was feeling innocent to me before, and she was too suspected to be a recent wolf. The only thing that bothers me about her is this Q&A she had with Kath which ended up making Zali look less guilty at the end of it and therefore made me wonder about the purpose of the whole exercise as a possible set-up.
Fea - I've gone back and forth about this and I've now decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, partly because I kind of concur with her EW theories, and partly because I think she's more likely an EW than a wolf I'm taking Gurthang's points on board about him finding the EW.
That leaves Alcarillo. He's as good as suspect as any to be the original surviving wolf.
++ALCARILLO

Roa, you asked about my own EW theories.
I think that the likeliest remaining candidates for EW are Fea, Diamond, Roa, Spawn, Eomer and Morm. Jenny and ( very maybe) Caran and Lommy are possibles.
Of the likely crowd, I am inclined to put Spawn and Eomer at the bottom of the list because of wolf choices. Morm has been feeling pretty innocent but he's definitely smart enough to pull a bluff.

Last edited by Lalaith; 05-21-2006 at 03:40 PM. Reason: cross-posted with Alcarillo's post onwards
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #825
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Apologies for vanishing and leaving my vote until the end. I was going to show up about an hour ago, but then a thunderstorm blew in, and I had to wait.

So without further ado, I'm going to vote

++Alcarillo

Because I said I would. His behavior has been bothering me for a while. He's acting oddly, and I still think he's trying to disappear after making mistakes, which isn't exactly the way I'd go about it...It's hard to believe he'd be that un-sneaky as a wolf, given the fact that his wolfish ancestors are somewhat masters of the trade... But he's just been a little off ever since we woke up to find Elempi dead.

Edit: Cross-posted with Lalaith

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 05-21-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #826
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I most certainly do not excuse Kitanna from my suspect list because of her sudden helpfulness yesterday.
Since a number of villagers have made this sort of comment I feel the need to defend myself. I've been more helpful because I haven't been too busy the last few days (RL-wise) and if I should survive the night I will probably go back to being unhelpful after toDay because work and such calls.

Quote:
Fea=
I kind of don't blame you if you kill me (I see I'm on the hit list for the day)... but it's a bad idea. I'm innocent and quite frankly astounded I haven't been dreamt of, but as a village, we can't afford to make any mistakes.
There it is again. The type of statement that makes me want to lynch Fea just to see what happens, but also makes me hold back for fear she may be telling the truth.
I view Fea the same way I view Eomer. I suspect them, but when it comes down to it I have just enough doubt to keep me from actually voting for them.
Quote:
Alcarillo=
Yet when mere suspicions were flying at you you defended yourself like there's no tomorrow. I'd think a person would act the opposite. Lay low with mere suspicions and defend themselves as best they could when votes began coming their way.

Now it comes down to it, Fea or Alcarillo.
I feel like some of Fea's posts are challenging me to vote for her because she'll become a "martyr" if she's lynched and proven innocent. I can see her as the EW, but her posts put doubt into my mind, which is probably what she was aiming to do.

I think Alcarillo is a wolf. He's been laying low and now when he should defend himself he votes for the other top suspect and disappears again. He said himself if he was evil he'd lay low. However, his change in behavior really began on Day Three which leads me to believe he's probably not the EW, but a wolf convert.

++Alcarillo

I would vote for Fea, but I have so much doubt about her I can't bring myself to do, but I'm confident Alcarillo is a wolf at least. His change in behavior is too disturbing for me to think he's innocent. I believe he was a wolf convert a few nights back. It would explain his suddent disappearance, only emerging to cast a vote. Plus he latched onto Gurthang's plan without even considering how it could go wrong and he voted the one on Gurthang's list that really spoke out against it.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #827
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, I don't have time to look over what's been said (I'm making supper in RL) so I'm going to vote for that person who still stands to me as suspicious

++Zali

Godd night everyone.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #828
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Vote count

1. morm --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 1)
2. Oddwen --> Feanor (Alcarillo 1, Feanor 1)
3. spawn --> Feanor (Alcarillo 1, Feanor 2)
4. Caranlondien --> Feanor (Alcarillo 1, Feanor 3)
5. Thinlomien --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 2, Feanor 3)
6. Sleepy Ranger --> Feanor (Alcarillo 2, Feanor 4)
7. Kath --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 3, Feanor 4)
8. Eomer --> Feanor (Alcarillo 3, Feanor 5)
9. Alcarillo --> Feanor (Alcarillo 3, Feanor 6)
10. Roa_Aoife --> Feanor (Alcarillo 3, Feanor 7)
11. Lalaith --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 4, Feanor 7)
12. Zali --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 5, Feanor 7)
13. Kitanna --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 6, Feanor 7)
14. Glirdan --> Zali (Alcarillo 6, Feanor 7, Zali 1)
15. Diamond --> Alcarillo (Alcarillo 7, Feanor 7, Zali 1)

Voters left:
Feanor
Jenny Hallu
Eonwe
Gurthang

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 05-21-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #829
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wait a minute- did Kath just vote Alca twice?

Old 05-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #830
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Lal -- you asked earlier where I found the post counts. When viewing ME Mirth, click on the number of posts for the thread and a pop up window will show you who has all posted ranked most to least.

Roa -- I would PM you but I don't think that's allowed. I'll keep it in mind for a later date.

I suppose I should vote now. Alcarillo's pop-in vote for Fea actually seems like the most suspicious thing he's done so far, because my lorebooks tell me that a werecat of his lineage took more or less the exact same approach, lay really low. So if he wasn't a wolf in the beginning of the game, when he was a bit more vocal, being turned could account for his increasing silence.

Also, since I'm not feeling much inclined to vote Zali, Fea, or Kitanna, that leaves:

+ + Alcarillo
Old 05-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #831
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

No, Kitanna voted Alc.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #832
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Wait a minute- did Kath just vote Alca twice?
No, that was Kitanna just now.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #833
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OKay, I've fixed it and added in Diamond's vote.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #834
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

After glancing through Kitanna's posts, I didn't come up with anything that made me too suspicious. Actually, her and Alcarillo are about the same in my mind. Well, they would be... except for Alcarillo's vote just a little while ago.

++Alcarillo

Here's hoping he's a wolf.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #835
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

++Alcarillo

Told ya if it came down to it...
Old 05-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #836
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Agh...taking care of Neal, would almost miss voting.

I'm feeling better about Zali with her attitude today, but Kitanna makes me nervous.

++Kitanna

P.S. Hubby is now feverish. I have not read the thread since about 4. Gah!
Old 05-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #837
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Alcarillo - 9
Feanor - 7
Azaelia - 1
Kitann - 1

That's it. Alcarillo, I really hope you're Lupine.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #838
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Day Five Is Over

Voting is now closed.

Evil Wizard, pick a player to curse.

Gurthang the Good Wizard, pick a player to scry.

Seer, pick a player to dream (if you wish to).

Hunter, pick a player to hunt.

Werewolves, pick two players to kill.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #839
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Day Five Ends

Most of those left in the village were gathered in the graveyard, burying the corpse of Nearly Headless Nilpaurion. They did a lot of talking, most of it past each other.

"Oh dreadful day," said Spawn. "My husband is dead! How shall I manage with my children all by myself!"

Lalaith shook her head, other issues on her mind. "Another night without a seer-dream. Oh great. Gurthang, what ideas have you got?"

"Sorry for no dream, it may have been my fault," said Gurthang. "I am currently consulting my gifteds about toDay's list the Evil Wizard needs to be found, and soon. But do not give up hope!"

"I've started to seriously suspect Diamond," said Roa.

"I simply can't believe Eomer's still alive," Feanor commented absently. "Surely he must be evil."

"What is it with the carnage that's been visited on my family?" Diamond wondered.

Lalaith glanced at Roa through narrowed eyes. "I'm still worried about you, Roa. Your track record is the best of any of us, you've either attacked, or been attacked by, wolves in the most ostentatious fashion, so that no-one could possibly suspect you.... you see what I mean?"

"I see exactly what you mean," Roa replied evenly, "and it makes me wonder if it's supposed to be that way."

Caranlondien said, "Valier's attack on Roa seems to me like the sort of thing a Roa who was an Evil wizard would tell Valier to do. So Roa is by no means cleared in my mind."

"If you want to know who worries me a bit," Diamond offered, "it's Lalaith because I'd want her if I was the Evil Wizard. Do you think Valier was an original or turned?"

"Valier nearly did get me lynched yesterday, something that I would never want to risk if I were the Evil Wizard," Roa pointed out.

"Mind you, Diamond, I'd have thought the evil wizard would want you, too, even more," Lalaith commented.

Mormegil spoke up, unwilling to let the women do all the talking. "We have two chances each night of finding the evil wizard and we are only using one consistently. This is not good. Why is that seer not dreaming?"

"I don't trust Zali," - Gurthang interjected.

"Kath," continued Mormegil, "is guilty and should die. Feanor is so mauderous that I have difficulty assessing her."

"My list of doom is Alcarillo, Azaelia, Feanor, and Kitanna," Gurthang announced.

"Morm, what does mauderous mean?" asked Feanor.

"It means you're vague, incoherent, and aimless," Mormegil replied.

Little Oddwen spoke up, sounding not at all insane, which made some of the villagers wonder if it was all an act. "I'm most inclined to think that Zali is innocent. Do you really like that word, Morm, or is it a broad hint?"

"I don't quite follow how this could be a hint," Mormegil answered, "but I actually enjoy the word and I believe it is fitting of Fea."

Eonwe walked up from no-one knew where. "Sorry to be gone so much."

Ignoring him, Roa said, "I think Feanor's the most suspicious from Gurthang's list."

"I think Zali's a werewolf," Mormegil said.

"I'm an artful dodger and Mormegil's right, I'm a mauderer. Deal with it," said Feanor.

"Hey, maybe all four on Gurthang's list of doom are werewolves!" Caranlondien cried. The others looked at her with thinly veiled ridicule ready to be unleashed from their tongues. "Okay. Probably not."

"I agree with morm about Zali," said Gurthang. "I will likely vote for her toDay."

"I need to sleep on it," said Kitanna, and promptly lay down on the grass. Then she got up. "Okay, I couldn't sleep. After much analyzzz... never mind, I'm going to bed." She lay down again.

"Lalaith has been very busy but has largely escaped notice," Diamond observed.

"The list of doom in inadequate," Lalaith pronounced.

"I'm still wary of Caranlondien, too," said Spawn. "She seems unnaturally careful with her statements." Some of the villagers looked at Spawn as if she was cracked, after the silly thing Caranlondien had just uttered.

"Fea Fea Bo-Bea Bonana-Fana-Fo-Fea!" Diamond suddenly blurted. The others looked at her as if she was cracking, and really they couldn't blame her since she had lost so many family members. But they waited out of sheer curiosity for what banalities regarding Feanor might be forthcoming. Diamond was ready to supply. "I think she's innocent. Is there any specific reason why the list has to be limited to only four people? Are we, or are we not, looking for the Evil Wizard?"

"Truthfully, no," Gurthang answered. "Keep the werewolf numbers down. If we find the evil wizard while we're at it, that's good luck"

"A few days ago Feanor said that she wants to hunt out the Good Wizard because he's meant do die anyway - before he's had a chance to give us any gifteds. What's that all about?"

"I was joking!" Feanor cried.

"Oh."

"I think I could scream!" cried Lommy, unable to hold back any longer as the adults had hogged all the conversation until now (excepting Oddwen, of course). "Scream! Yes, that is the word. I'm sorry, honourable Gurthang, but I think your list is h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e. I think we should get the evil wizard, and soon. Our chances to get a wolf every day to stop them from increasing are minimal. We really should focus on the evil wizard."

"Zali and Kitanna are innocent," Oddwen announced. "Alcarillo, I think, is acting weird for Alcarillo. Feanor is acting pretty normal for Feanor."

"THE USUAL SIGNS AREN'T THERE!!!!" screamed Jenny suddenly. "And I don't trust Kitanna."

Lalaith waited for the effects of this outburst to dissipate, then said carefully into the tense silence, "The lorebooks say that when someone like Alcarillo is innocent, he's lynched or eaten early. When he's not, he survives until late or almost till the end. Make of that what you wish."

As if she had not heard, Diamond suddenly blurted, "I think Roa's being mean. She keeps suspecting me."

"Diamond," Roa answered, "if you don't like being suspected, don't stay in the village. Or are you just mad because I'm on to you?"

Glirdan walked up from no-one knew where. "Hi, I'm back, but I'll be gone again soon."

"I really think that catching the evil wizard would be most useful now," Spawn intoned.

"Don't you think it would be worth lynching our females to get the Evil Wizard?" Eomer asked.

"Feanor and Evil are synonymous," Sleepy threw in.

At this point the voting began, and the votes against Feanor piled up in a hurry.

As if to counter that very notion, and as if she had not heard it, Feanor said, "What does the village need done right now that I can do to help?"

"I feel like I'm under attack, rather than just under criticism," said Zali.

"Alcarillo has also been very defensive, often a wolvish trait," Kath added.

"I don't think the gender of the evil wizard is relevant," Lalaith said, looking squarely at Eomer, "and your focus on it is actually one of the few suspicious things about you. And Feanor, if you'd like to be useful, come up with some evil wizard theories."

"Okay!"

"There's a dear!"

"Somebody has to keep down the wolf population, right?" Caranlondien asked.

"Eomer is clearly a woman hater," Roa accused.

"Lalaith, you would make a great evil wizard," Eomer said. "And Feanor's not my minion." The other villagers wondered why he had thrown that last bit in.

"I get it now, Gurthang," Lommy said suddenly after having been in quiet thought for a while. "The village hunts wolves. Good Wizard and the seer hunt the evil wizard."

"That's right, Lommy-girl!" Gurthang smiled and patted the child on her head.

"Eomer's theory isn't that much of a crackpot theory as it first sounds," Glirdan said.

"Eomer, that's an odd choice of wording, that not my minion thing," said Sleepy. "And Feanor, you're a frisky villager and I never know what to make of you."

"Frisky, now?" Feanor shot back.

"Odd choice of wording, Sleepy? What are you talking about?" asked Eomer.

"Never mind, Eomer, what you said made me believe you're innocent," Sleepy answered.

"Gurthang," said Feanor, "I have a question. Why haven't I been scried or dreamt of?"

"Well, there was always someone who I felt more urgent to know about."

"Oh."

"I'm not pusillanimous, and Loki was stroppy," Lalaith suddenly blurted. Lommy and Oddwen sniggered into their hands, grinning at each other, saying 'stroppy' and giggling.

Diamond raised her head as high as she could, trying to regain that élan she had had before the Curse had ever come. "I just find the idea that it's so unlikely that we'll catch the evil wizard that we shouldn't even bother looking, to be a bit narrow minded. And Roa, you're being rude, calling me a twaddlehead."

"Diamond, you're being snide and I never called you a twaddlehead."

"Tea? Biscuits? Change of subject? Let's be nice, shall we?" said Feanor, though there were none of these luxuries anywhere to be seen around the graveyard.

Alcarillo ran to the graveyard from who knew where and cast a quick vote for Feanor, said "Toodles!" then hustled out of town again. This singular behavior drew the suspicions of lots of those who had yet to vote. It was singular bad timing on his part, as there were still enough voters left to undo the likely lynching of Feanor, and Alcarillo received the deciding votes.

Alcarillo's name had come from a fisherman and his wife, both of whom had passed on. They had never been away from Sealville. It was considered of the greatest likelihood that they had made up the name out of fragments they had heard from others about town, as they were not educated themselves. No one even knew what the name meant, or if it was supposed to have a meaning. Regardless, Alcarillo followed his father's footsteps and became a very good fisherman. So good, in fact, that he became captain of his own boat. Over the years he was so successful in the fish trade that he replaced one boat with another, and another, each one bigger and grander and faster than the last. He began to bring more home than fish, and was gone to sea for months at a time. Cailín, his wife, would get lonely, but as the years passed, the two sons Alcarillo gave her, Theph Antom, and Eomer, took up all her time, and she waited patiently for his return.

One summer, after his eldest boy had returned a strong and confident young man renamed the phantom, and both his sons had started to make their way in life, finding beauteous darlings for to glorify their elbows, he retired from the sea. For good. He bought a very fine house and made it up to Cailín for all his years of months away at sea. Everything was getting only better in their Autumn years. Until the Curse.

Now Cailín had been murdered and the phantom had been killed while killing a vicious werewolf, leaving only Eomer and Alcarillo to live in that emptying house. The shadows seemed to lengthen there, though no-one paid great heed to that, for the same was true everywhere else in Sealville.

So when the voting was complete, and Feanor wiped the sweat from her nervous brow at having barely escaped a lynching, Mormegil ordered Alcarillo to be tied up and drowned at sea, as a way of paying final respects for his profession. They tied him to the mast of the ship that he still called his own, and with a number of rowboats, they pulled the ship out to deep enough waters to sink it, then cut a hole in the bottom of the steerage, and the boat began filling with water fast. They cut the ropes and watched Alcarillo's boat begin to sink. He stared mournfully at them all as the boat sank lower and lower. The sun dipped to just above the horizon in the west when Alcarillo changed before their eyes. His eyes turned red and malicous. His face became animal. His arms and legs thickened, and he howled as he broke his bonds. It was too late, though. The boat sank with the werewolf aboard, and he drowned.

The remaining villagers rowed back to shore, feeling like they had accomplished something useful this day. Having stayed in the graveyard all day talking, they were very hungry and thirsty. They went to the Salty Seal and raided Saucy's and Celuien's pantries before going to bed.

~ The Tally ~ (7)

One evil wizard
One good wizard
Three werewolves
One seer
One hunter

~ The Dead ~ (13)

Elempi, father of Diamond of the Battledore, killed on Night One
Loki the leech collector, lynched on Day One: innocent
The Saucepan Man the barkeep, killed on Night Two: innocent
Nogrod the retired jester, lynched on Day Two: werewolf
the phantom the loud, unpredictable, adventurer: hunter
Naria the servant who empties and cleans chamber pots: werewolf
Celuien the Healer and Cupper, lynched on Day Three: innocent
Lhunardawen the jeweler, committed suicide on Day Three: innocent
Cailín the match maker, mauled by werewolves on Night Four: innocent
Valier the gardener, planted and stoned in her garden on Day Four: werewolf
Firefoot the artist, frenziedly eaten on Night Five: innocent
Nilpaurion the ne'er do well hubby of Dancing Spawn, head almost ripped off by werewolves: innocent
Alcarillo the old retired sea captain, drowned on his boat on Day Five: werewolf

~ The Living ~ (18)

Diamond of the Battledore
Caranlondien the Sled-Team Driver
Roa Aoife the weaver
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant the Baker
Kath the minstrel
Lommy the little girl who steals other children's candy
Glirdan with the giant crush on Kath
Sleepy Ranger the former wanderer
Kitanna the beloved of Eomer
Oddwen the filthy, insane street urchin who steals chickens
mormegil the retired mariner and current mayor
Feanor the shepherdess with a love of alliteration
Zali the seamstress and beloved of the phantom
Jenny Hallu the unmarried maiden & aunt
Lalaith the frivolous aunt and guardian of Oddwen
Eonwe the freeloading husband of Lhunardawen
Eomer the adventurer & lover of Kitanna
Gurthang the stable-hand
Old 05-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #840
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Night Six Events

The evil wizard cursed a villager that was not gifted, and again had four werewolves.

Gurthang scried a villager that was not a werewolf, and gifted that villager as his new ranger.

The seer dreamed of the evil wizard and reported the evil wizard's identity to Gurthang.

The ranger picked a villager to protect.

The hunter picked a villager to hunt.

The werewolves and the evil wizard settled on two villagers to kill.