The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #1361
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
By the way, as luring as the approach of who Rikae would have picked is, I think we shouldn't give it that much importance. I think we've already proved that almost everybody would be a good and a bad choice in one way or another. So we really can't deduce anything. It'd be better to concentrate on actual wolvish behaviour, even as there's probably little of it to be seen yet.
That's a very good point. But we can try to figure out who would make a good teammate for Durelin and Celuien.

I have to vote soon. It turns out I won't have time to vote during my lunch break.

Anyways,

++Morm

Alot of his expressed suspicion yesterday seemed very manufactured to me. And he did show a marked change in behavior between Day 4 and Day 5. I really don't have anymore to go on at the moment. Good luck, and I'll hopefully see you on Day 7.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 06-13-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: had to fix my vote
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #1362
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I have to vote now, but the fact that there has been hardly any talking makes it difficult. So, because I would have chosen her if I was the EW, I'll vote:

++Roa

Hopefully there will be a little more discussion toMorrow. Oh wait. I won't be here. Blah.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #1363
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also, I don't think Rikae would have chosen a loud wolf, given that every other person she has scried thus far has been of the quiet type. I don't trust anyone, but I do think that the fewer the post count, the more likely it is for them to be a wolf.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #1364
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Oh wait. I won't be here. Blah.
Why is that?

Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #1365
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Yes, why, Gwath?

Anyway, I'm checking in a little later than promised - I was so tired when I got in, I needed a bath and a glass of wine...now, off to read the Grimoire. Back soon.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #1366
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've been trying to observe Roa today and it seems that she is quietly trying to gain control of the village, which could be fine and fairly normal but it is something that concerns me to see it.

If I may explain my behavior I will. Initially I was not into the game as time didn't allow me to keep up on the prolific posting of the thread. When I finally had time and things had calmed down enough it was the day we knew Celeiun to be guilty and nobody did much that day. Anyway I'm trying my best now, with still some limited time.

It seems oddly quiet now, which is a big concern for me as our numbers are dwindling I hope to see the remaining players be fairly active.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #1367
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lommy the ultimate Eönwë-suspector...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Personally, I would not be surprised if someone of those who just popped in and voted yesterDay (with no RL excuse) was quite furry, because who else than a wolf would think there's nothing more to do that Day? (Well, looking at the number of posts, probably quite a few innocents.) Anyway, I'm going to do a check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Okay: Eönwë[....]did not do anything of importance but vote after Celuien's role was revealed for sure. Wolves!)
Lies! All of it!

There really was nothing to do yesterday. It was becoming boring. People just go, "oh, he/she is a were wolf" and then they just go "yes I am" and that's it. AND there was much less activity that Day. Who can blame me? (other than 0)
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #1368
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right. I've just had a scroll through the Grimoire. Took me a while because I got reminiscing....oh I do miss Ang...sigh.
*shakes self* Anyway. It hasn't been updated for a while, not since WW 34.
I really can't face going through the other games.
So, I found that only Sally and Gwathagor (and obviously newbie Eonwe) hadn't played with Rikae up to game 34. Perhaps of course, they've played since.

I also found, and this is quite interesting, that Shasta was a surviving wolf in the game that Rikae modded herself. Hmmm.....
Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #1369
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I've been trying to observe Roa today and it seems that she is quietly trying to gain control of the village, which could be fine and fairly normal but it is something that concerns me to see it.

If I may explain my behavior I will. Initially I was not into the game as time didn't allow me to keep up on the prolific posting of the thread. When I finally had time and things had calmed down enough it was the day we knew Celeiun to be guilty and nobody did much that day. Anyway I'm trying my best now, with still some limited time.

It seems oddly quiet now, which is a big concern for me as our numbers are dwindling I hope to see the remaining players be fairly active.
I agree with mostly all you are saying, morm but I think you might be exaggerating a bit about Roa.

But I wholeheartedly agree with you on member activity, and also have had a similar situation (in regards to the amount of time spent on here).

edit: Lal killed my double post
Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #1370
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Everyone, please remember that when Rikae scried the last wolf, she wasn't planning for him to go in alone. At that point, she couldn't have known that Durelin would be scried, and Celuien handed over for lynching. Had things gone according to Rikae's plan, we would have three wolves right now, instead of one. This last wolf was meant to work as part of the team, not on his own. Please remember that when trying to think of who Rikae picked.
True, true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I knew Cailin was a fellow WW on Night 3, because Rikae informed us other wolves that we could try to go after her if Cailin was in danger. That was when she revealed to us, because she knew she had been scried. I don't know how she somehow knew Cailin would be in danger...the amount of interweaving of her and phantom's plans really is just...insane. Uncanny.
Are you sure they're not real wizards, who can tell each other's minds?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #1371
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Vote count:
Lommy --> Kath (1)
Greenie --> Kath (2)
Roa --> morm (1)
Gwath --> Roa (1)

Have we actually heard from Shasta at all toDay? There was that one post from Legate but it didn't look much like he intended to return.

So, who might Rikae have wolved (I get round to it eventually )? I would say Shasta was quite likely. He's got through the game largely unsuspected and has been noisy enough to keep him off the 'slipping under the radar' lists but not so noisy that he has been the focus of attention. Roa I could see being a likely one too, she's more than capable of carrying a game on her own if necessary. Same goes for morm.

Legate I think is unlikely especially given his time problems. Gwath I think is unlikely too ... although I don't know why. Eonwe I would say was unlikely because he was quiet to start with and I'm not sure Rikae would want to leave the game in the hands of a newbie, however well he's done to keep up with this insane game!

Greenie, Lommy, Lalaith? I simply don't know. I suspected Greenie earlier, I still find it odd that she jumped right in with Lommy. She to me is the most suspicious of the bunch.

Haha, I've realised that I'm about to say: please talk some more everyone! Hypocrite extreme there but oh well. I simply can't make up my mind at the moment, I need more to work with.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #1372
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Legate I think is unlikely especially given his time problems
Well, yes, at the moment, but had these problems emerged at the time Rikae did her wolfing/scrying? Can you remember?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #1373
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shoot! I could go for lynching either Morm or Roa. I'd like to give Kath another Day, just to see how she acts toMorrow (not sure of her yet).

Roa has been in my suspicions for a while, but it's not longevity that matters, but my feelings for the last Day or two. So I'll have to go with

++Morm

I won't be back until after deadline, so vote wisely everyone. See you all toMorrow hopefully.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #1374
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Shoot! I could go for lynching either Morm or Roa. I'd like to give Kath another Day, just to see how she acts toMorrow (not sure of her yet).

Roa has been in my suspicions for a while, but it's not longevity that matters, but my feelings for the last Day or two. So I'll have to go with

++Morm
Sorry, I must laugh at this. Your earlier argument was inherently flawed becaused you started with a conclusion then drew your argument around the predetermined conclusion. Also, I pointed out to you that your two 'major' points were flawed which you acknowledge...I daresay you are being a bit lazy Sally...why when I think you innocent, it is difficult to fathom at this stage that we wouldn't get the innocents really involved.

Based upon what I spoke of earlier I am inclined to vote for Shasta as I'm not convinced that Lal would have been double scried though I'm not willing to forget the possibility either. I can wait a bit on my vote to see where it goes but likely I will vote Shasta today.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #1375
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok, I was clearly half-asleep this morning. I thought it was Roa criticising me for including me on my own list, and then saying why didn't morm include himself on his.
So, I thought I had something there, as in weird flip-flopping from Roa....but it seems not. It was morm who was complaining about the list.

Morm is being stroppy today. He has changed, 'tis true. But what we are getting today is more like the usual morm.

Oh I don't know. Whatever Lommy says, I am still sticking to my "what would Rikae do?" rubric. My suspects remain Roa, Morm, Kath and Legate - and now with new added Shasta, because of my Grimoire research.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #1376
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
My suspects remain Roa, Morm, Kath and Legate - and now with new added Shasta, because of my Grimoire research.
What, as in "Research shows that Shasta kills 50% more villagers than the leading brand."?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #1377
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Magic break from work, so I thought I'd check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
What, as in "Research shows that Shasta kills 50% more villagers than the leading brand."?
Heh. *suppresses a chuckle* Anyway, Shasta's not here toDay, so let's not worry ourselves about him right now. Not saying that we should ignore him, but he's not around to speak anyway, so I'd rather deal with people who are actually here.

There's a lot of votes missing so far. I mean, I know Legate's busy and it doesn't look like he'll be back toDay, but it's really quiet. Where are you all? (Like I should talk, I haven't had the time to do anything properly since I got up this morning)
Old 06-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #1378
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I'm so tired, I've got to go to bed now, so I need to vote.
This is hard, but looking over my suspects, I think on balance Kath has been acting most wolfy today. When she came in this morning going "oh no, all these innocents gone", and saying very little else - hmmm. I've seen wolves do that in my time.

++KATH
Old 06-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #1379
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
When she came in this morning going "oh no, all these innocents gone", and saying very little else - hmmm. I've seen wolves do that in my time.
I'm sure you've seen innocents do it too, but my point from this morning remains.

I don't know why I'm coming across as so wolvish toDay when, so far as I can see, my behaviour hasn't changed. I'm starting to understand how Lommy felt the other Day.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #1380
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I'm going with my list earlier and my hunch. Nothing has changed my opinion so far and as much as I would love to be the one that kills Kath(old rivalry for those not familiar with it) I cannot get the vibe that she is guilty, though I've been duped by her before.

++Shasta
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #1381
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*yawn*

I've been in Little Rock all day, and I am majorly beat. I'm checking in though.

I've never gotten especially nice vibes from Morm, so his vote is no surprise. I don't think he likes me.

Since I'm about to dash off again (wow, a social life! Whodathunk ), I'm going to go with my gut and

++ A Little Green

because from what I can see, her vote for Kath was pure and simple bandwagoning, and it flashed my radar. Sorry, my love.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #1382
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Vote count:

Lommy --> Kath (1)
Greenie --> Kath (2)
Roa --> morm (1)
Gwath --> Roa (1)
Sally --> morm (2)
Lalaith --> Kath (3)
morm --> Shasta (1)
Shasta --> Greenie (1)

Eonwe, Durelin, Legate and me left to vote, except that Legate seems unlikely to turn up.

I ... am reluctant to lynch morm to save my own skin. I don't think he's a wolf and where's the point in swapping one innocent for another. Shasta or Greenie, yes I'd vote for one of them. Left to my own devices I would probably vote for Greenie because of what I said earlier, but you know, I don't want to leave this game now, so I'll wait to see what others do.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #1383
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have no idea about Kath.

morm feels a little different, but I dunno. Mostly he just seems to be 'around' more, which I think is likely because things have quieted down so much. I was wondering a little when he sorta defended himself against sally's reasoning. Would an innocent morm bother to do that? I dunno.

Eonwe feels different, too.

Greenie and Shasta both feel...likely. Greenie feels careful, which makes her feel more likely.

Will vote soon...

So Kath and myself left to vote? (Legate being mia.)

Edit: Crossed with Kath. Ah, Eonwe left as well.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #1384
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I had Eonwe left as well.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #1385
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm totally forgetting Gwath...should probably ponder him.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #1386
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hey, I'm in a sig.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #1387
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Gwath's behavior yesterDay was actually very interesting. He questioned me, wanting to know how I knew Celuien was a wolf, but once morm pressured him a bit by saying his one post looked guilty, and once people started voting for Celuien, he caved in and voted for her without waiting for any explanation from me.

But anyway...he has no votes, Kath has three. The thing is I'm not sure I want to save Kath or anything, but I do feel other people are more suspicious right now. Mostly from gut stuff.

Hrmmmm. Have around 40 minutes...

Last edited by Durelin; 06-13-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: edited the time....can't add/subtract.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #1388
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh, hi Shasta.

Wonder if Eonwe will vote.

++Greenie
Old 06-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #1389
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh well, it doesn't look like Eonwe or Legate will be turning up. I suppose I can take it to a tie but it seems rather pointless.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #1390
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I would change my vote to Greenie if I could because I think it more likely that she is a wolf than Kath.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #1391
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Well, for what it's worth:

++GREENIE

Good luck for toMorrow those of you who make it through!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #1392
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Still a chance (isn't there? I need to see who's voted, but it's about DL anyway) I really don't think she's a wolf. If she is, I'll eat all my voting notes for this game.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #1393
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The Day has ended.

Kath's dead.

Narration coming in just a few minutes...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #1394
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Day6

”Herbert! Herbert! Quick now! They’re coming!”

Herbert had fallen into some kind of dreamlike state after crudely bandaging his left foot but was awakened harshly as Mr. Hearst pulled him. He fell off the chair stumbling to the floor and hitting his head nastily.

“We must run! Now!” the man shouted pulling him up from the floor quite violently. Herbert could see that Mr. Hearst’s uniform was muddied and his another sleeve had been torn. He was indeed bleeding from that shoulder and didn’t seem to be able to use the arm at all. It kind of just hung there.

Herbert cried from pain when pulled upright and his weight fell to his left foot. The cut he had gotten from the last figurine had gone sour.

“Now!” Mr. Hearst yelled his voice trailing off when Herbert seemed to froze from pain in the middle of the floor.

The first shells landed near enough so that even Herbert realised there was something that was very wrong. He was wide awake now and took a leap towards the table to grasp his figurines ignoring the pain in his foot and his head.

“There’s no time Herbert!” Mr. Hearst shouted as he realised what Herbert was trying to do. He tried to catch the boy rushing towards him.

“I need them!” Herbert cried as he busily picked up figurines from the table with him.

A shell exploded somewhere near the bunker and Herbert heard a voice crying from pain outside. Then the voice died out. But he was now aware there were people running up above, their breath panting heavily and their gear clattering.

“It’s not bombers or artillery! Tanks! They are coming and we must flee… now!” Mr. Hearst grabbed Herbert from the shoulder and yanked him away from the table dragging the stunned boy out from the bunker. He pushed him over the trench. It took some time he finally managed to climb up himself with difficulty using his only usable hand.

One of the female figurines - that of Brita - had dropped from Herbert's pocket and was cracked under his boot as he climbed.

Herbert had thought he had been somewhat aware of the situation but it was only now the full force of the truth hit him. He could never have imagined such a scene. His legs started shaking even if he was on his fours.

Scattered soldiers ran towards them and glancing around he saw a host running for their life towards the forest behind them. The first tanks were already at the other end of the fields behind the ruins of their house and were pounding the fleeing soldiers mercilessly. The enemy infantry was emerging from the edge of the forest behind the tanks.

“Now run! Run for your life! They’re making a break-through!”

Herbert ran. He ran like mad his foot aching more with every step and his head was still feeling dizzy. Explosions went off far and nearer. He was slowly losing his concentration but still pressed on aided by Mr. Hearst’s occasional pushes.

His hand went to his pocket as he ran and picked one of the figurines he had managed to grab from the table. He pulled it out without even trying to guess whose figurine it was.

Herbert took a firm hold of it with both of his hands – still running – and cracked it in two throwing it away without even glancing after it. And he ran.

*~*

With their Good Wizard not there to guide them the villagers were quite confused. Even if his bullying had annoyed people for the last few Days he had still made it smooth and easy basically giving them a wolf a Day. But now it was different. The villagers had to think for themselves. There was only one left but who was it?

The suspicions ran quite equally. First it looked like Kath was going to be lynched but then morm gained a few votes to make it equal only for Kath be put into the lead once more – until Greenie got a few also to tie with first morm and then Kath.

Everyone’s eyes were focused on Eönwë and Legate. Legate seemed to be in heavy sleep and could not be awakened.

“Great udders of disappointment! Where are you Eönwë?” Kath exclaimed in frustration.

“I’d change my vote if I could” morm murmured.

“What are we to do then?” asked Legate who had just awakened.

“Even if I don’t like this, what’s wrong with a good-ole hanging?” morm suggested.

“Nothing I guess…” Kath admitted, “What a pity it had to be me…”

“Let’s hang her then! I have a rope here.” Lommy called.

Greenie and Lalaith took her from both arms and forced her to the oak tree beside the well.

“Now we’ll see what you’ve been up toDay!” Lommy said when she checked the rope and gave Greenie and Lalaith a mark to kick the stool from under her.

“I’ll prove my words to be true.” Kath said laconically. Then the rope tightened and she fell down her feet kicking in the air.

There was no change whatsoever.

Kath had been an innocent innkeeper.

*~*

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.
Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith); The seer mutilated and eyes pulled off on Night2.
Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister); An innocent ripped into pieces and thrown into the well on Night2.
Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber); A werewolf burnt alive on Day2.
Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother); The ranger overpowered by four werewolves in a fight and torn to pieces on Night3.
The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith); An innocent impaled to a spear her doll in her hand on Night3.
Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister); A werewolf melted into a candle-wax and burnt on Day3.
Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister); The seer eyes picked out (once again, what a bore...), throat slit and thrown into the well on Night4.
Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy); A werewolf committed a suicide when the whole village turned against him on Day4.
Isabellkya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister); An innocent cut down in a way too horrible to describe on Night5.
Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister); The EW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother); The GW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber); A werewolf sliced in pieces by the men of the village on Day5.
Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner); An innocent chopped and turned into an exquisite dinner on Night6.
Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin); An innocent who had enough of the madness and ran away to find meaning into her life on the morning of Day6.
McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir); An innocent who had enough of the madness and ran away to find meaning into his life on the morning of Day6.
Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner); An innocent traditionally hanged to the oak tree on Day6.

Night7 has begun!

Ranger and wolf do what you please. Others have a break…

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-13-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #1395
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night7

The chirping of the early birds echoed in the narrow hallway as the nanny rushed through it to king’s quarters searching for him. Finally she found the king having a council with his nearest advisors.

“What is it now Hilde? Don’t you see we’re having a meeting?” King Sveinn snarled impatiently.

“It’s your daughter my lord. She’s having a fewer the second night in a row… and she seems to be… well… all mixed up. Her mind is distracted… And I have my reasons to believe she has visited your sister yesterday. It was that kind of lunacy… erm… witchcraft I’d say. It is most alarming.” The nanny spoke silently and somewhat apologetically for being this straight.

The king stared at the nanny drawing breath heavily. Hilde was confident he would get a beating for talking such openly in front of all those lords.

“Get the healer and do what you can. I’ll send a word to the guardhouse not to let her slip out from the castle anymore… I’ll come to see her as soon as we are able to decide what to do with king Ethel and the rebelling chieftains.” He paused and turned to look at the map that had been laid on the table. Then he spoke quietly, more to himself than to anyone round him. “They might be here any day now… it’s all the more important Edelfried stays inside the walls…”

“My lord?” Hilde voiced an instinctual question.

“You didn’t hear that!” the king snapped. “The least we need is a panic among the people. You’ll hold your mouth shut. Is that understood?” He looked seriously at the nanny. “Now take your leave!”

When Hilde and the healer finally reached Edelfried’s room they found it empty.

Hilde felt like her heart just ceased to beat. The king is going to throw me to dogs for this…

But then she felt that the missing of the girl was not the only thing that was wrong. Horrified she crept to the window.

In the horizon a sea of flags arose from where there should have been only the fields of the town. An army had emerged to lay siege on the city. People were crying and running towards the gates and pouring inside carrying whatever they had managed to grasp with them. The bells tolled for alarm.

“Edelfried!” She cried from the window. Then she fainted.

*~*

A young man sat on a chair and tried to cool down. His mom had been a werewolf like the girl he had fought over with his brother, and now his brother had just disappeared. He needed a drink. No, on a second thought, he needed to get drunk.

He slipped out of the house and crept quietly over the sandy lane jumping over the fence into the yard between the tavern and its storehouse. There must be cider there… and maybe something else as well…

The door to the storehouse was unlocked and he slipped inside. He found the lantern that was hanging near the doorpost and lit it. In the faint light he started to look around for something to drink.

Hanging from the roof there were dried hams and bunches of herbs, at the wall there was a row of crates of vegetables and two barrels of flour were standing in the middle of the low storeroom. But just beside him there were two tuns he recognized immediately. After a short search he found a five-pint jug and untapped one of the tuns letting the jug get filled with Macalaure’s strong cider.

Gwath sat to the small porch of the storehouse and started drinking. He was serious about it and soon he was quite moved with everything that had happened. This is soo wrong! This is such a wretched world… He realised he was getting emotional and that moved him even more. Why? Oh why?

“Care to share some of that?” A low but soft voice asked him abruptly.

Gwath froze recognising the form of a giant werewolf bending over him and pointing at the jug in his hands.

“Well… erm… sure… erm… Please.” Gwath managed to mumble in the end and the werewolf took the jug emptying it with one big draught. After wiping it’s mouth it grinned to Gwath revealing it’s razor-sharp canine teeth.

“I love aperitifs, they surely do good to your stomach… and to your appetite!”

Come morning the villagers found out that what they feared had come true. One of them, Gwath, was missing. But it took them a while to find him – or what was left of him. But when they finally searched the storeroom it was painstakingly clear what had happened.

As this is a family-friendly site there will be no detailed description here. But let it be said that many of the vegetable supplies in the storehouse were no longer ones anyone would have consumed voluntarily. And all the mushrooms, gherkins and sour-cream were totally wasted.

*~*

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.
Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith); The seer mutilated and eyes pulled off on Night2.
Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister); An innocent ripped into pieces and thrown into the well on Night2.
Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber); A werewolf burnt alive on Day2.
Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother); The ranger overpowered by four werewolves in a fight and torn to pieces on Night3.
The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith); An innocent impaled to a spear her doll in her hand on Night3.
Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister); A werewolf melted into a candle-wax and burnt on Day3.
Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister); The seer eyes picked out (once again, what a bore...), throat slit and thrown into the well on Night4.
Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy); A werewolf committed a suicide when the whole village turned against him on Day4.
Isabellkya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister); An innocent cut down in a way too horrible to describe on Night5.
Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister); The EW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother); The GW vanished in the battle of the Wizards on Day5.
Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber); A werewolf sliced in pieces by the men of the village on Day5.
Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner); An innocent chopped and turned into an exquisite dinner on Night6.
Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin); An innocent who had enough of the madness and ran away to find meaning into her life on the morning of Day6.
McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir); An innocent who had enough of the madness and ran away to find meaning into his life on the morning of Day6.
Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner); An innocent traditionally hanged to the oak tree on Day6.
Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother); An innocent who shared cider with a werewolf on Night7.

Day7 begins!

Discussion is not only allowed... it is encouraged... it is indeed strongly recommended!

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-14-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #1396
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh noes....Gwath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NogMod
A young man sat on a chair and tried to cool down. Her mom had been a werewolf like the girl he had fought over with his brother, and now his brother had just disappeared. He needed a drink. No, on a second thought, he needed to get drunk.
He's dead AND gender-confused....poor guy. Wish I'd been nicer to him....
Old 06-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #1397
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

While I'm around....

DAY SIX VOTES
Lommie-->Kath at 3:30am
Greenie-->Kath at 6:11am
Roa-->Morm at 9:41am
Gwath-->Roa at 9:49am
Sally-->Morm at 2:18pm
Lal-->Kath at 4:18pm
Morm-->Shasta at 4:46pm
Shasta-->Greenie at 4:51pm
Durie-->Greenie at 5:23pm
Kath-->Greenie at 5:39pm
No votes: Eon, Legate

You know the drill....
Old 06-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #1398
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
He's dead AND gender-confused....poor guy.
Gah!

Corrected...
Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #1399
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hmm... I was not expecting Gwath to go down. That's very interesting. I need to do some more analysis. I'll be back soon... *is very contemplative*

Old 06-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #1400
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Blah. Only one post since I left.

I'm going to head back home and look over the last couple Day's posts to see why Gwath might have been killed, and I'll be back in an hour or two....or three or four *is going to watch Doctor Who while she reviews posts* See you when I return. Oh, and *cough* post while I'm gone *cough*