The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #1441
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
But we must post, or the butterfly will get us!
Too late...consider you all gotten!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1442
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Some morning thoughts. I think Sally is the most suspicious right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
If you think there's little information to be gotten from it, then why do it? Why don't you go over the posts of Sally, Form, Nerwen, and Nessa instead, instead of just saying they need to post more?
I don't plan on analyzing Mira and I was trying to dissuade others from as well since I think it is pointless. I do plan on going over the other players but there seems to be very little to analyze about Nerwen and Nessa especially since they haven't posted very much, which is why I think they should post more. Form I just can't get a read on so it would be nice if he posted more.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #1443
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry I couldn't post more this morning; was dashing off to the airport and didn't wake up as early as I'd planned.

I think that if Nessa is a wolf, Form is too. YesterDay he started being all cute around the time I was going to vote Nessa, and I don't think it was just to save his own skin. So if one of them is, I think both of them are.

We have six toDay, yes? So we have to get it right toDay or we lose. Oh, goodie. No pressure on me at all, is there?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #1444
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I think that if Nessa is a wolf, Form is too. YesterDay he started being all cute around the time I was going to vote Nessa, and I don't think it was just to save his own skin.(
Well... I wouldn't be surprised. In fact, as a preliminary vote–

++Form.

Might change this later, of course.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #1445
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nessa: Posted one post yesterDay and sided with Tum about Form. Tum didn’t really post any suspicion of Form yesterDay to be sided with. It seemed like Nessa just kind of jumped onto something because she showed some concern about Form in the past and someone else had voted for him already. If she is an innocent then she needs to do much more to help us win. We need to make sure we lynch a wolf today or we lose.

Nerwen: Posted once yesterday right before deadline wondering why everyone was voting for Lommy, defended her Morm vote and that was it. She posted twice today both of which didn’t say anything about the game. I wish she would post her suspicions or analyze us or something. I don’t want to let a wolf slip past but I also don’t want to lynch someone who isn’t a wolf.

Mac: Innocent.

Form: I can’t really get a read on him. He could be the cobbler trying to save a Nessa wolf.

Nerwen is back!! Has posted more today! Nerwen! What do you think about people??

More on Form and Sally later.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #1446
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Nerwen is back!! Has posted more today! Nerwen! What do you think about people?? .
I hate them. All of them– er, I mean–

I don't know why you all think I'm think I'm the cobbler. I mean, sure, I haven't been playing my best but still... I voted Mira, didn't I? Not that it matters what you think just as long as you don't lynch me toDay, becauase then we're done for!

Mac– clearly innocent, witness Rikae's hidden message. (I'm kicking myself now– I guessed there was going to be one in that very post, but I thought it would be backwards!)

I think Sally is the cobbler. I know I followed her vote on Form, but then I've found Form suspicious-ish for ages.

No idea about Nessa. She's been under my radar the entire game.

As for you– well, based on your voting earlier, I thought you might be a wolf, but I'm not so sure now.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #1447
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hey Nerwen do you happen to remember who first suggested you as cobbler? I'm looking but I've not found it yet and it'd help if anyone could tell me.

*goes back to searching*
Old 08-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #1448
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Nerwen - cobbler, period.
Pretty sure this was it...
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #1449
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The Nerwen as cobbler theory

Morm mentioned (in post 1126) that he thought me as the first choice for cobbler, with Nerwen as another possibility.

Mac then mentions it again in post 1143, saying that she looks more and more cobblerish to him.

Morm mentions it again in post 1156, saying that Nerwen fits for cobbler.

Durie mentions Nerwen as a cobbler candidate in post 1168.

Lommie agrees in post 1196.

In post 1238 Mac says he's worried about her, but I can't tell if he thinks her cobbler or true baddie so I'm including it.

Morm tells Tum that Nerwen's the cobbler in post 1263, and adds that he thinks she's a bit rubbish at it.

In post 1266 Morm says he thinks Nerwen is the cobbler (again!) but also mentions that she could be a wolf posing as a cobbler. (Which is, incidentally, why I'm making this post. You'll see, hopefully.)

Post 1346, Mac says Nerwen's a cobbler, no arguments allowed.

Tum says in post 1365 that she thinks Nerwen or I could be the cobbler, but isn't sure which.

Mac says that unless Nerwen's being really hardcore, she's the cobbler. Post 1366.

Lommie says in post 1374 that the bear is Morm and Nerwen's the cobbler.

In my post 1433 toDay I say Nerwen's my cobbler candidate.

Okie dokie, the reason for this. I'm thinking that if Nerwen's actually a wolf, the person who started/heavily supported the theory may be her packmate.

My problem? I have to head out for a bit. (I will get back to this, I promise.) Before I go, would anyone like me hug/poke/bite/etc. the duck for them?
Old 08-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #1450
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
I think that if Nessa is a wolf, Form is too. YesterDay he started being all cute around the time I was going to vote Nessa, and I don't think it was just to save his own skin. So if one of them is, I think both of them are.
Sally dear, you are too cruel. I was quite willing to lynch either Lommy or Nessa for the simple reason neither looked innocent to me, and I was willing to go along with either Mac or yourself, or preferably both. I'm still amenable to a Nessa-waggon, incidentally.

++ Nessa

I can, of course, revoke and change that later, but I still think she looks suspicious--two wolves surviving this late in the game suggests, to me, a very quiet wolf with few trails, and it may just be me, but I'd much prefer to take out that wolf, though I'm willing to change if this is a position that leaves me alone in the cold.

I'm home with family and it's a mostly nice Sunday, so I'm not sure how much I'll be around. I'm around right now, and I'll be around by the deadline, but my fingers are raw with Legoing, and I'm itching to get back to that, my thrice a year hobby.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #1451
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hey, anything's possible! It's a possible connection, not necessarily the only one. Oh, and another idea. Nessa as my sweet Formie's cobbler? Anyone?

(Not meaning to stir and run but I'm on for just a second in Mnemo's room so I shall leave here and then come back again later. )
Old 08-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #1452
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I wanted apologize to everyone for the last couple days. I'm at a library, and still no net access at home. It's driving me insane. I've been filled in by some people and caught up on the rest. Thanks everyone, it's been a frustrating couple days.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #1453
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Okie dokie, the reason for this. I'm thinking that if Nerwen's actually a wolf, the person who started/heavily supported the theory may be her packmate.
Well, I'm not a wolf, so there.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #1454
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Seems I have a couple minutes so I'll return to my Nerwen post, sort of.

Mac's supported the theory quite a bit but I'm inclined to believe that he's married to his best friend so I don't think he's the wolf in this chain of fools, etc.

....And I know nothing. Blah, I feel useless. I think it would make a lot of sense to have Nerwen and Formie as wolves and Nessa as a cobbler.

Of course Nerwen could legitimately just be busy, so I'm more for voting Form toDay. Nessa's popped to cobbler status so I'll probably retract her unless I decide she really is a wolf.

Oh, and vote count is Nessa 2, Form 1, everyone else zip. Just in case you're wondering.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #1455
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Only time for a few quick comments now.

Quote:
I think that if Nessa is a wolf, Form is too.
I'm not sure Nessa's vote for Form fits in with that, unless Form really thought he was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I don't know why you all think I'm think I'm the cobbler.
We've been thinking that for a day or two now, why, if you're not the cobbler, do you only complain now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I mean, sure, I haven't been playing my best but still... I voted Mira, didn't I?
Mira is the bear and thus not even on the cobbler's side, but actually, this mistake makes you look less cobbler-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I'm thinking that if Nerwen's actually a wolf, the person who started/heavily supported the theory may be her packmate.
Good point, unfortunately, all that did are now known innocents.

I'm wondering whether I made too much of the likeliness of Durelin choosing Nienna. I can vividly imagine her shouting expletives at the screen when I came up with it. I think I will analyse her briefly later.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #1456
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yeah, I was sad when I realized that it didn't make sense. I thought I was on to something.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #1457
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day1:

Form -> Mira (1)
Alona -> Hakon (2)
Sally -> Hakon (3)
Nessa -> Rikae (2)
Nienna -> Pitch (3)
Form -> Nessa (1)

Sally votes with Alona and thus looks bad, though it means very little on Day1.
Nienna's vote for Pitch looks bad, of course, but not condemning.
Form's a bit of a throwaway, but according to him he wasn't aware.

Day2:
Alona -> morm (1)
Nerwen -> Mira (2)
Sally -> morm (2)
Nessa -> Alona (2)
Form -> Inzil (3)
Nienna -> Shasta (1)
Alona -> Inzil (4)
Sally -> Inzil (5)

Sally votes with Alona, again.
Nessa casts a crucial vote against Alona. If Alona had been in really serious danger, it could have been a vote to sacrifice her, but it wasn't so yet.
Form's vote for Inzil looks moderately bad.
Nienna puts in a near-throwaway.
Sally's rescue looks particularly evil.

Day3:

Alona -> none
Nessa -> none
Sally -> morm (1)
Form -> Alona (2)
Nienna -> morm (3)
Nerwen -> morm (4)

Would Nessa really follow Alona with her trick? It looks so risky to me...
Form's vote for Alona looks good, but you have to keep the circumstances in mind.
Nienna's vote for morm looks bad.
Nerwen's vote for him looks good, though (if you discount cobblery), because Alona looked thoroughly dead at that point.

Day4:

Nessa -> morm (1)
Nerwen -> morm (2)
Form -> morm (3)
Nienna -> morm (4)
Sally -> morm (5)

The entire morm-waggon is still alive? Yikes! That deserves an extra-post.

Day5:

Nessa -> Form (2)
Sally -> Nessa (1)
Sally -> Lommy (2)
Form -> Lommy (3)
Nienna -> Lommy (4)

Nessa voted for a wolf already, though without lynching her. If she and Form are wolves, this vote would have been really risky.
Sally's willingness to switch votes could point to her being a wolf and not caring which innocent dies.
Form and Nienna had it easy to follow my lead. It looks bad for both.

Two/three votes that would have been risky for a wolf. I just don't believe that Nessa has a pokerface like that. She's not a wolf. I'm also willing to believe that Nerwen, if not the cobbler, is not a wolf. That narrows it down.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #1458
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sally --> Nessa
Nerwen --> Form
Form --> Nessa

Nessa 2, Form 1

Left to vote
Mac
Nessa
Nienna
Old 08-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #1459
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

A word on toDay's voting: This placeholder voting really got out of hands. Voting early when you're not sure whether you'll be back later is ok, but Sally and Nerwen were both active later. I get the feeling of wolves fishing for the one innocent to cast his/her vote the wrong way. The fact that Nessa received two votes makes it much more worrisome.

Form's vote looks less evil than Sally's and Nerwen's, therefore: Form, don't you know how dangerous a semi-informed early vote on a possible last Day is?

Oh, and I just remembered something. Sally, I asked you yesterDay how exactly you came to suspect or non-suspect certain people. I'm still very interested in an answer.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #1460
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm also worried about the voting. Since it is imperative to catch a wolf today we need to make sure we don't split the vote and make it easy for a wolf to win in the last few seconds. I'm also most worried about Sally right now... I just don't think Nessa is a wolf...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #1461
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hey I'm back and (if all goes to plan) will be around for the rest of the evening, more or less.

Taking care of this now. I think Nessa's a baddie, but it almost makes more sense for her to be a cobbler and we can't afford to lynch them toDay.

--Nessa

Sorry for the sketchiness earlier; was popping between my computer and Mnemo's but at least I was able to be around. Back for good now, and will catch up on what I've missed and stuff.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #1462
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

The morm-waggon revisited:

Nessa -> morm - early vote without reasons. *sigh*
Nerwen -> morm - early vote with bad reasons. *sigh*
Form -> morm - his suspicions make most sense.
Nienna -> morm - of course she has to save herself, but she didn't just go after morm for that reason. Her actual suspicion is not well-reasoned. *sigh*
Sally -> morm - very suspicious if Nienna is a wolf, somewhat suspicious if Form is. Reasons? This bandwaggon is the wrong place to look for them...

This makes Form look more innocent again.

I believe Nerwen (yes, I know I just said she was more innocent, but her vote toDay made me reconsider), Nienna, and Sally are evil.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #1463
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Great, and now my two top suspects agree with me about Nessa...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #1464
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok... I'm glad that we are all starting to agree on people. Nessa is at worst the cobbler... and if she is the cobbler I'm glad she isn't around to mess with us.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #1465
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

If Nessa is innocent, then there's only one active person out there who is actually on my side.

This is hopeless...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #1466
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
If Nessa is innocent, then there's only one active person out there who is actually on my side.

This is hopeless...
Fortunately, that person is here and ready to kick some wolf butt.

Unfortunately, I don't know which butt to kick.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #1467
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Sally --> Nessa
Nerwen --> Form
Form --> Nessa
--Sally --> Nessa

Nessa & Form 1

Left to vote
Sally
Mac
Nessa
Nienna
Old 08-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #1468
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't know which butt to kick.
Can you kick yourself?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #1469
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Can you kick yourself?

I could, but that wouldn't help, so no.

I think Nienna's on our side, but at the same time I'm terrified I'm wrong.

Going to poke someone down the hall; back in a few minutes.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #1470
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Form, don't you know how dangerous a semi-informed early vote on a possible last Day is?
Actually, these circumstances are kind of new for me. It's been a few years since I lasted this long... well, there was one other game... but this is definitely the first with retractable votes.

That being said, I can see what your concern is--it is possible, I guess, for the wolves to turn an early vote into a bandwaggon against an Innocent. On the other hand, we're down to few enough numbers that a couple of retractions at the deadline--especially with at least one villager habitually not being around for the deadline. And, really, as far as it goes, an early vote might just as well flush someone out, if it's actually going to provide a latch-on effect.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #1471
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
And Wild-eye is back in business! Woo.

The Dark Monarch can suck a rotten egg!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #1472
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Wild-eye can go.....do something.....that isn't fun......
Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #1473
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Because I know you're interested, my friend's got furniture strewn about her room so she needs my help. Shouldn't be gone long but in case her room bursts into flame or something () I figured I'd keep you amused.

Also, the Dark Monarch likes to cuddle with futon cushions, because no one else loves her.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #1474
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Form wants Nessa, apparently, but not Sally.
Sally wants everyone but Nienna.
Nienna wants Sally, but not Nessa.
Nerwen wants Form, and doesn't say anything else.

Nienna's going after Sally doesn't fit in with my theory of the two being wolves together. Form and Nerwen are very uncommittal toDay, but Nerwen voted for him.

Sally and Nerwen or Form?
Nienna and Nerwen or Form?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #1475
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Come on, people... just above 1 hour to go... can we try to try a bit harder?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #1476
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Form wants Nessa, apparently, but not Sally.
Actually, Mac, I've nothing at all against a Sally-waggon. Or, rather, I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Admittedly, I'm inclined to think Sally is the Cobbler rather than a Wolf, but I don't believe I've said anything to that effect toDay.

The thought *has* occurred to me that if Sally's a Wolf, she probably deserves to win, because she has made the craziest, last-minute, Day-changing votes, and ought to have looked a lot more suspicious than she does. I guess it's a case of looking over-suspicious, though.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #1477
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Come on, people... just above 1 hour to go... can we try to try a bit harder?
Doing my best... but I'm a bit of a stimulus-response poster, alas, and there's been low stimulus...
Old 08-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #1478
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Actually, Mac, I've nothing at all against a Sally-waggon. Or, rather, I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
You didn't say much while being friendly with Sally...
Old 08-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #1479
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Movie Quotes Girl talks to her teddy bears cause no one else wants to talk to her.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #1480
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
The thought *has* occurred to me that if Sally's a Wolf, she probably deserves to win, because she has made the craziest, last-minute, Day-changing votes, and ought to have looked a lot more suspicious than she does. I guess it's a case of looking over-suspicious, though.
Well thanks, lovely, but I'm not a wolf so keep your compliments.

I'm trying to decide which of my three candidates is a baddie. I am tempted to go for Nerwen, but I can hardly vote now and then have it be a throwaway because I can't retract again. So I'll be holding my vote (because to be honest I don't trust you lovely people) until the end. If I'd have known I'd be around near DL I wouldn't have voted so early in the first place, but alas.