The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #841
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I have to go now. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #842
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Here, reading, and disliking the voting so far.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #843
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I want to lynch Wilwa. I suspect her the most and I know lynching her would ease my mind because then I wouldn't have to concentrate on her (or listen to Boro shouting she's guilty ).

But now Nerwen makes it difficult for me. Because I'm wondering if our original pack could've been Pitch, Mnemo, Sally & Nogrod. 'Cos that kind of makes perfect sense (except for Pitch's vote for Sally on Day3).

So, whether I should go for my top suspect or top theory? It's a tough choice, but (fortunately?) it might not be mine to make, given that I have the most votes at the moment (although I'm quite optimistic about not getting any more).

edit: xed with Mac
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #844
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Talking of Sally then... I'm a bit uneasy of the way she keeps supporting me and my thoughts - even defending me from a few of Mac's most ill- / half-thought suspicions (which was good work though, you got them right indeed).

There's an eerie similarity with the way Mnemo tried to be nice and "believing" with me and Roa to keep us from turning to look at her with suspicious eyes feeling nice and cozy about her... But yes, that might work with some people, but it doesn't work with me as I tend to grow suspicious the more someone agrees with me and says how inncent I must be. Buddying up is almost always a bad sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Because I'm wondering if our original pack could've been Pitch, Mnemo, Sally & Nogrod. 'Cos that kind of makes perfect sense (except for Pitch's vote for Sally on Day3).
Think of the number of w-on-w votes and added strong suspicions - and the devastating result... That would have been the most stupid wolf-bunch I've ever seen. I probably should get offended seeing you suggesting I would be a part of such foolery...

Juventus - Bayern München 1-1, back in a moment...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #845
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
If they have the time, I'd think wolves would want to analyse more. Because with an analysis, they can build a better case against an innocent to get them lynched.
I think many players find that difficult. I mean, you have to make up all those arguments and then stand by them.

Quote:
Lottie is obvious, but why me, though?
I guess you're not as innocent to others as you are to me...

Shasta, you keep on repeating that I'm very suspicious because of my interactions with Pitch. Please, do analyse me just so that you either let go of it or come up with something new.

A misguided Sally-waggon, a very misguided Lommy-waggon, Boro being too hard-headed to let go of Wilwa, and Lommy having no sense either. *sigh*

I have a mighty bad feeling about Brinn lately. I wish I had analysed her instead of Nogrod so I could verify it.

Talking about Nogrod, is mild dismissal all I get in response to my analysis? That's a bit disappointing.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #846
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
This doesn't exactly come as a surprise. Nog, most of what the two of you have been saying has been "Mac/Nog must be a wolf!!", with you also throwing in some "we'd better kill Lottie"s and one "please bold names". We get the point. Could you maybe get out of your little rut and say something new? Even if you're right and Mac is a wolf, there's another one out there. How about looking for them? Your last post was better. Keep it up.

Mac, this goes for you, too.

EDIT: xed with Lommy
This post is gorgeous. I'm just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Okay, don't let's all vote for the same person.

++Sally.

What with seeming to know Nienna was innocent after she was done for but before her role was announced, and her "secret-role-that's-forbidden-to-reveal" theory, and her rushing to say how astonished she was by Eomer's death– I think she looks about as bad as Wilwa, anyway.
Oooo nice to see a change of- erm, never mind. I knew (or rather thought) Nienna was innocent because of something she'd said earlier in the Day which made me drop my suspicion of her, and besides, Shasta's actions made me quite cross. And believe me, I was shocked to see Eomer dead. I'd rather expected Nogrod to be attacked that Night, so when I saw Eomer dead it was a bit of a surprise.

So I picked up on Nienna's innocence (and then didn't vote to kill her) and was surprised because I didn't know who was going to be killed at Night. Yes, certainly. I must be a wolf. Would you care for me to Nilp myself?

Anyway, I'm caught up now. Sorry I was gone so long; after thawing out I did quite a bit of housework and the time got away from me. I'm suspecting Lommie less and less, but if we kill Wilwa toDay and she turns out innocent that will change drastically. Nerwen has shoddy reasoning (on me at least) but I'm not convinced she's evil, so I'm certainly not voting for her. Brinn's dropped off my radar again which I dislike and no matter how much I hunt for Shasta's innocence it simply doesn't reveal itself. I'm quite sad, because I'm really confused with him. Basically I think I'll be voting for Wilwa toDay, though that also seems far too easy of a choice.

Look, Nog. I even bolded!

EDIT: x'd since....since Nerwen saying she was leaving I believe
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #847
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Think of the number of w-on-w votes and added strong suspicions - and the devastating result... That would have been the most stupid wolf-bunch I've ever seen. I probably should get offended seeing you suggesting I would be a part of such foolery...
says the person who said just a few hours earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Though let us not forget that we have no seer in this game and that might affect the boldness of the wolves.
With the pack I suggest, I don't think there are more w-on-w votes than
Pitch for Mnemo (surely a wolf-on-wolf)
you for Mnemo the Day she was lynched (but your vote came so late it didn't count)
Pitch for Sally on Day3
you and Sally for Pitch on Day3 (obviously)
unless I'm mistaken.

so I don't think that that's any more than with any other speculation flying around in this village.

edit: xed with Mac and Sally
Old 12-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #848
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
For the sake of consistency and to make me feel better

++ Boromir
Old 12-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #849
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Because I'm wondering if our original pack could've been Pitch, Mnemo, Sally & Nogrod.
Switch Sally to Brinn and I'm in.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #850
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Mac, what is sense then? Suspecting Nog and Brinn?

edit: xed with Mac (I see ) and Wilwa (now this goes interesting)
Old 12-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #851
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Switch Sally to Brinn and I'm in.
I'm not trying to be opportunistic, but if Wilwa is not an option for you toDay I would also support lynching Brinn. I'm too undecided on Lommie at this moment and Wilwa's vote for Boro isn't making me the happiest.

EDIT: x'd with Lommie
Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #852
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
With half an hour to go before deadline, possibly the earliest I've voted in a long time...

++Wilwa

And now I really must dash (look at me, sounding so British ).
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #853
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Mac, what is sense then? Suspecting Nog and Brinn?
Yes.

Nah, I'm sorry. I just don't get a wolfish feel from Wilwa anymore, and I guess I expect you and Boro to feel the same. All five (edit: all six...) votes cast toDay are for people who I think are not wolves. Most likely, one of them will be lynched. It's quite frustrating. I don't share the optimism Nogrod voiced earlier toDay at all. I think the remaining two are snugly safe. (Except from me, of course. )
Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #854
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Well to continue where I left... I'm getting a bit bad vibes from Boro as well looking at all that rambling about himself being not suspected for the right reasons and suspected for the wrong ones... or how secure he seems to be with his theories. I mean let's remember the wolves can be confident about their views but for innocents it's rare treat to be able to be that assured about one's own conclusions.
Well, at least you aren't yelling "kill Mac"...still, I don't agree. Boro doesn't seem suspicious to me, and I don't know why you and Wilwa seem to think he is.

I'd be happy with lynching either Lommy or Wilwa. Not so much Brinn or Boro. Then again, I've already voted, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

EDIT: xed with Shasta and Mac
Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #855
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It's also interesting that if you Lommy are prepared to believe in such an amount of w-on-w case-making, decisive voting etc. leading to two of the wolves involved dying pretty fast, then why don't you consider Mac? His to and fro with Pitch is undobtedly suspicious as it would fit perfectly.

If you or Mac need points on that, just check my post from yesterDay where I analysed people's reactions to Pitchie.

Quote:
you for Mnemo the Day she was lynched (but your vote came so late it didn't count)
What? My vote actually killed her making it practically impossible for anyone to top her votes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
is mild dismissal all I get in response to my analysis? That's a bit disappointing.
I'm not sure I wish to use the last minutes of the Day into refuting them... And actually Sally made a few good points already. But if we're around toMorrow I'll promise to answer them.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #856
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I'm not trying to be opportunistic, but if Wilwa is not an option for you toDay I would also support lynching Brinn. I'm too undecided on Lommie at this moment and Wilwa's vote for Boro isn't making me the happiest.
I know I've been suspecting Brinn for a few Days now but I'm not mentally prepared to lynch her... eek. Well I'd either better prepare myself or simply not vote her. *will go check her analysis post from yesterDay and what it says about Brinn* In any case, I will not vote for Brinn unless two people vote her before me, because I'm not risking my neck for getting her lynched while I could save it with voting Wilwa (whom I suspect at least as much as Brinn).

edit: xed with Mac, Nog and Los
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #857
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Talking of Sally then... I'm a bit uneasy of the way she keeps supporting me and my thoughts - even defending me from a few of Mac's most ill- / half-thought suspicions (which was good work though, you got them right indeed).
Nog, I wasn't so much defending you as bringing forth another point of view. Knowing Mnemo as I do I (hope I) can understand her fairly well and I just don't think she would go that far overboard with w-o-w actions.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #858
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Wilwa's vote for Boro isn't making me the happiest.

What else was I supposed to do? I don't think I've ever had a game were I don't suspect anyone on Day 5, so I don't really know how to handle it. I suppose it'd be logical for me to vote Lommy to save myself, but I don't really see anything wrong with her. And really everyone has been set on lynching me for the last 3 days and when I defend myself I then just look "too defensive" and look even worse.. So......I don't really know what else to do. Honestly.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #859
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
It's also interesting that if you Lommy are prepared to believe in such an amount of w-on-w case-making, decisive voting etc. leading to two of the wolves involved dying pretty fast, then why don't you consider Mac? His to and fro with Pitch is undobtedly suspicious as it would fit perfectly.
Didn't you read my post? With Mac alone there's as much w-on-w voting as with you and Sally combined.

Quote:
What? My vote actually killed her making it practically impossible for anyone to top
I can check the vote count for you (useless to argue with it) but I think it was the vote before you that really did the job.

edit: xed with Wilwa
Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #860
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
What else was I supposed to do? I don't think I've ever had a game were I don't suspect anyone on Day 5, so I don't really know how to handle it. I suppose it'd be logical for me to vote Lommy to save myself, but I don't really see anything wrong with her. And really everyone has been set on lynching me for the last 3 days and when I defend myself I then just look "too defensive" and look even worse.. So......I don't really know what else to do. Honestly.
Understandable. I should have made it more clear; your vote for Boro doesn't make me happy specifically in that I don't plan to follow it. If you suspect him, that's fine, but I'm not going to follow you because I don't agree, regardless of my opinion of you.

And Lommie, re: Brinn fair enough. I'd be okay with Wilwa as well but am offering Brinn as a second option for those who aren't as sure of her (Wilwa's) guilt.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #861
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*headache*

I was wondering if Wilwa giving up means she's innocent or guilty.

Her latest post could be a wolf playing the martyr card or just a frustrated innocent (or a frustrated wolf! been there, done that).

*now really off to check my Brinn facts and Nogrod's vote count*
Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #862
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

People are actually considering Brinn? *surprised*

I don't have a case against her, so if I'm wrong I will catch fire toMorrow, but I'm willing to try it. However, if it's not safe, I'd rather vote Wilwa (because I might be wrong and it would take people's minds off her) than lose Lommy.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #863
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Vote count:

Me -> Lommy
Morsul -> Sally
Brinn -> Lommy (2)
Boro -> wilwa
Nerwen -> Sally (2)
wilwa -> Boro
Shasta -> wilwa (2)

EDIT: xed since Lommy
Old 12-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #864
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

It is kind of interesting that Wilwa and Boro voted for each other. Almost as interesting as the MacaNog thing. Just throwing that out there.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #865
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Brinn
current overall suspiciousness in my opinion: high
interactions with Mnemo: almost nothing
interactions with Pitch: hardly anything, except that Pitch flip-flopped on Brinn's innocence
voting record: Day1 Nerwen, Day2 Loslote, Day3 Sally
conclusion: her interactions with the wolves could be interpreted either way. Combined with her not-so-good-looking voting record, it really makes me wonder. It is notable what Mac wondered about her votes. She's really now near the top of my suspicion list if not there, her manner has been kind of disturbing all the time and all this evidence is not making her look any more innocent. (And I can totally see a wolf Brinn protecting an innocent Nienna.)
Well that's not proof of guilt but not proof of innocence either. I don't like her vote for me toDay either...

(I can't really find the vote count for Day2 right now, so Nogrod, let's postpone this debate for toMorrow, you will be undoubtedly be alive then...)

edit: xed with Loslote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #866
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Lommy, that's what I've been thinking, too. Wilwa started her resignation quite early toDay, and even right now her chances of survival are considerable (she didn't vote to save herself!). It could be a bluff, certainly, but I don't believe it.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #867
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yes, even a crazy Boro+Wilwa combination has occured to me too...
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #868
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Lommy, that's what I've been thinking, too. Wilwa started her resignation quite early toDay, and even right now her chances of survival are considerable (she didn't vote to save herself!). It could be a bluff, certainly, but I don't believe it.
Well it's either a depressed wolf or a depressed innocent and according to my experience, wolves tend to get more depressed because of suspicion (because it "proves" they haven't been playing well, or something).
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #869
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Didn't you read my post? With Mac alone there's as much w-on-w voting as with you and Sally combined.
? I think we are not talking about same things here... or something. I just don't get what you mean. What I meant is that if me or Mac was a wolf the way the wolfpack acted would have been ridiculous, stupid and self-distructive. And therefore I'm going to let Mac be for now even if I have other reasons to suspect him.

Quote:
I can check the vote count for you (useless to argue with it) but I think it was the vote before you that really did the job.
I could have made it 5-5 or 6-4 (I did the latter). Sorry. If I was a wolf, why would I try to lie on such an easily checked matter? I really start considering to add to your votes... I mean that is so futile.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #870
Bes
Animated Skeleton

Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
Wilwa, Sally, Lommy, or a throw away vote. And any vote that isn't for Wilwa is looking more and more like a throw-away anyway. Looking back, I don't suspect Wilwa very much, though. I'm having trouble reading Sally... So that leaves Lommy, who is very sure that Wilwa is a wolf, in addition to Nog who I admittedly suspected for a long while, and more or less dropped in frustration (See statement regarding Sally).

Fark. Not much time left, so I'll say...

++Lommy

Edit: Crossed with lots, and either I or Lottie miscounted the votes so far.
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #871
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Well it's either a depressed wolf or a depressed innocent and according to my experience, wolves tend to get more depressed because of suspicion (because it "proves" they haven't been playing well, or something).
Or they're innocent and it proves they suck as innocents, which should technically be the easiest role to play. It is depressing.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 12-08-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: terrible grammatical error
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #872
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, Bes, you leave me no other choice

++Wilwa

although I'm not confident on her unlike you claim.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #873
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
People are actually considering Brinn? *surprised*

I don't have a case against her, so if I'm wrong I will catch fire toMorrow, but I'm willing to try it. However, if it's not safe, I'd rather vote Wilwa (because I might be wrong and it would take people's minds off her) than lose Lommy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes View Post
Wilwa, Sally, Lommy, or a throw away vote. And any vote that isn't for Wilwa is looking more and more like a throw-away anyway. Looking back, I don't suspect Wilwa very much, though. I'm having trouble reading Sally... So that leaves Lommy, who is very sure that Wilwa is a wolf, in addition to Nog who I admittedly suspected for a long while, and more or less dropped in frustration (See statement regarding Sally).

Fark. Not much time left, so I'll say...

++Lommy

What. The. Heck?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #874
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I guess we won't be able to summon a fourth Brinn vote now.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #875
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
As I said earlier... Wilwa is playing it "over-innocent". That's what bugs me about her.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #876
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

My last post x'd with Lommie and Wilwa. Also, the internet's being hateful. *pets it*
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #877
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Wilwa...
Old 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #878
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I guess we won't be able to summon a fourth Brinn vote now.
Meh. Wilwa's fine with me too. I'm just generally confused.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #879
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Wilwa

Sorry, sweetheart, but out of the people on the block you're the most suspicious.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #880
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I could have made it 5-5 or 6-4 (I did the latter). Sorry. If I was a wolf, why would I try to lie on such an easily checked matter? I really start considering to add to your votes... I mean that is so futile.
I already said wolves don't lie about facts intentionally, but I think you could easily misremember because it actually doesn't fit with my recollection of the same event, so I wasn't sure which one of us is right. If you swear your memory is correct, I can trust you, but otherwise, I need to check (toMorrow, if I'm still alive).

edit: xed with everybody