The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #521
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eye

Anyway, how about that summary post for the newly deceased?

Let me start.
  • Please tell us your role. Unless you're a gifted who's going back to the Living thread and you feel you'll get more information out of us by keeping it a secret.
  • Loslote is (obiously) a wolf.
  • Aganzir is the Hunter.
  • Greenie is prey.
  • Mac is possibly also a wolf and we're kind of working on that assumption but we're not sure. Because we're not sure Nerwen was telling the truth. Or are we? We're divided here.
  • Whether we're voting on role reveal or empowerment, let's try not to split the vote so the wolves can't hijack it. Because we don't know how many wolves there are, the known innocents (at the moment Agan and Greenie) will preferably lead the voting in order to avoid a tie.
  • When you die and enter this thread, phantom will tell you something totally unexpected but we swear it's 100% true.
Feel free to edit and add things... and quote it somewhere they can see it easily?

And it's bedtime for me.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #522
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I still think there's a solid possibility Mac was a wolf, so I'm happy enough with whoever offed him.
Quote:
Macalaure (killed by ?) - would be my top pick for a wolf in this group
Quote:
I was already inclined to vote for Lottie (in the absence of a lover scheme anyway) and this sort of seals the deal. I was already inclined to trust Nerwen, and the two people she named topped my suspect list anyway.
And then with what I said yesterday-
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Firefoot could be a Wolf. Or Lottie could be painting her as a Wolf because she wants her pack to kill her but does not want the Ranger to protect her (i.e. she actually suspects her of being the Seer & the Legate-Seer thing is a clever ruse).
So if FF is the Seer maybe she received the guilty dreams as well and hopes Nerwen notes her agreement?

Anyway, just posting that to keep myself and others from allowing assumption to get in the way of seeing other possibilities however unlikely (I keep doing that- sort of burring what's actually known and what we have to assume for scenarios, heh).

Just about anything could be happening after the weird triple kill and transmitted dream. Can't wait to see what happens in the narration.

(x-post: you're wonderful, dear)

Last edited by the phantom; 06-07-2015 at 06:45 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #523
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
And then Nerwen says in #466
"Now, what do people think of our little snow flower, Lottie?"

And then Boro in #481
"
Lottie, I haven't formed much of an opinion on, she's skating under my nose."

Snow flower? Skating?
'Loslote' is bastardized Elvish for snow flower.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #524
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Still looks like a signal to me. Especially since, in his reply, Boro singled Lottie out with that "skating" phrase (which is weird sounding to me, at any rate), while lumping together a whole bunch of others (Lommy, Firefoot and Form) under "I still am getting a lost, don't have many clues feel"

It would also seem he dreamed Nilp and morm as innocents.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #525
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I'm not sure I see the connection. Something in Nerwen's phrasing caught my eye when she mentioned my idea of gifteds signalling each other, but I don't see how they could have reached an understanding in such a short time. Did Boro say anything about Nerwen before?
Basically, I think she grabbed his attention by talking about your gifted-signaling talk, and then he used the skating phrasing to confirm that the "snow flower" was a wolf...

I could be wrong about what's going on there, but I'm sure something's going on there. Nerwen seemed very pointed in those posts, and she replied to Boro's "skating" post with "Thank you. I want to hear from a few more people, though.".

Like I said, it struck me as weird yesterDay already, though I wasn't paying close attention.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #526
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Did I SERIOUSLY just watch/hear that.

(not referencing the game, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about)
Old 06-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #527
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Did I SERIOUSLY just watch/hear that.

(not referencing the game, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about)
If it's what I think, we'll find out after DL *makes popcorn*

So nobody spoil!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #528
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, it's over here. And no spoilers, I promise.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #529
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

The NIGHT passed slowly and with long debate.

The denizens flickered and darted trying to probe the natures of their neighbors.

They finally determined that in his former life Legate was Prey.

Then, the waiting, having little else to do, they spent the remaining time debating the events in the world of the Living.

The mists stirred, as all knew they would...

Firefoot and Lalaith were suddenly among them.

Somehow given the scale of the calamity besetting them, only having two new friends seemed like something of a blessing.

Was there even any cake left?

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
(Prey)
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
(Prey)
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Nerwen
Thinlómien
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)
Old 06-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #530
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hello Firefoot and Lalaith! Welcome to the party!

Old 06-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #531
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Welcome to our new Dead! This is the cool thread. Obviously.

The first thing you need to know- my role is The Third Wheel. My goal is to hang around the Lovers and make them feel awkward. As you can imagine being in an entirely different thread makes it difficult to fulfill my purpose. Ah well...
Old 06-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #532
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Firefoot and Lalaith were suddenly among them.
Awww, my packmates sent me a present. <3
Old 06-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #533
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
The first thing you need to know- my role is The Third Wheel. My goal is to hang around the Lovers and make them feel awkward. As you can imagine being in an entirely different thread makes it difficult to fulfill my purpose. Ah well...
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This is, of course, totally true.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #534
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Our lovely hunter made a post to get you up to speed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Anyway, how about that summary post for the newly deceased?

Let me start.
  • Please tell us your role. Unless you're a gifted who's going back to the Living thread and you feel you'll get more information out of us by keeping it a secret.
  • Loslote is (obiously) a wolf.
  • Aganzir is the Hunter.
  • Greenie is prey.
  • Mac is possibly also a wolf and we're kind of working on that assumption but we're not sure. Because we're not sure Nerwen was telling the truth. Or are we? We're divided here.
  • Whether we're voting on role reveal or empowerment, let's try not to split the vote so the wolves can't hijack it. Because we don't know how many wolves there are, the known innocents (at the moment Agan and Greenie) will preferably lead the voting in order to avoid a tie.
  • When you die and enter this thread, phantom will tell you something totally unexpected but we swear it's 100% true.
Feel free to edit and add things... and quote it somewhere they can see it easily?

And it's bedtime for me.
Edit: X'd with everyone since phantom's 100% true post
Old 06-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #535
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And by the way, we've figured out who is doing all the killing.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #536
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
and by the way, we've figured out who is doing all the killing.
:d
Old 06-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #537
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lalaith and Firefoot- if I find out after the game that you've been entirely truthful to me in everything you say in this thread, I will have Mith and Sally send you some cookies.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #538
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Lalaith got killed because of this post-
Clicky-Clicky

Before the Nerwen reveal, but after she asked for feedback, Lal said she didn't like the two Wolves the dream gave us- Lottie and Mac. Thus, Wolves assume Lal could be the Seer.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #539
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So now somehow Firefoot is the only person who can make a list for the dead to communicate with?

Sally...
Old 06-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #540
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So now somehow Firefoot is the only person who can make a list for the dead to communicate with?

Sally...
Of course, I'm indispensable.

Thanks for the summary, I was going to ask for it... the length of this thread is daunting. I'm a plain vanilla ordo whose hunches were apparently too good, for once (I guess I'm better at this game when I don't have enough time for it?).
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #541
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I definitely would like to see Lalaith and Firefoot summarize themselves (suspicions & defenses through yesterday & theories on own deaths & new thoughts after being dead etc.).
Old 06-07-2015, 09:50 PM   #542
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I literally have no idea what's going on anymore - I finished yesterDay thinking I was really on top of things and now... not so much.

I have no idea why Lottie jumped on me - yesterDay I thought it was because she legitimately thought I was a wolf from the other pack, but in this thread she confessed she lied about the lynching pattern. Both packs, of course, would know she had lied in that case... and the other pack would know I wasn't on their pack. I think I was probably taken out by Lottie's pack though.

Until you guys revealed that Greenie was innocent, I was also convinced she was one of Lottie's packmates, and that Legate was the seer, since it all seemed to line up so nicely (too nicely, I guess) - despite the fact that looking at them independently, I didn't think Greenie was suspicious or Legate was seerish.

I've thought since Day 1 that Nerwen was a lover, which seems to line up with what you all were thinking here.

And if you think I over-reacted to Lottie yesterday... I was looking for good discussion all day and nobody was responding... Gah. Maybe I wouldn't be dead if I'd held my tongue. Maybe I still would be though. At least I was taken out by wolves and not the village, so that's a win for me I guess.

I'm too tired to keep making sense, but I've at least skimmed the whole thread (glad to see a lot of it was fluffy).
Old 06-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #543
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Also, given the posting rate of the village and the amount of false information we thought we'd figured out... my outlook for the village is bleak.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #544
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
I literally have no idea what's going on anymore - I finished yesterDay thinking I was really on top of things and now... not so much.

I have no idea why Lottie jumped on me - yesterDay I thought it was because she legitimately thought I was a wolf from the other pack, but in this thread she confessed she lied about the lynching pattern. Both packs, of course, would know she had lied in that case... and the other pack would know I wasn't on their pack. I think I was probably taken out by Lottie's pack though.
I did not confess to having lied. I said I refused to stand behind what I had said. Maybe I lied. Maybe I didn't. Either way, I had reason to believe then and still believe now that you are a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Also, given the posting rate of the village and the amount of false information we thought we'd figured out... my outlook for the village is bleak.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #545
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, if Boro is telling the truth on his most recent post, it means both wolf packs had me killed last night. I feel so special. It also means I'm innocent, so there.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #546
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Or only one Wolfpack killed you and the other was blocked by the Ranger.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #547
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

phantom, you're a buzzkill.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #548
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Or the other Wolfpack also targeted Lalaith.

Or there is only one Wolfpack.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #549
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Endless possibilities. We know nothing!
Old 06-07-2015, 10:30 PM   #550
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

But time to actually get serious and try a bit of thinking. Need to see what if any implications there are with this Boro reveal...
Old 06-07-2015, 10:30 PM   #551
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Endless possibilities. We know nothing!
We can't even be pretentious philosophers about it, because we don't necessarily even know that we know nothing. The whole thing is just really bad.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #552
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I wonder if Boro has any extra abilities (kill only works when offing a Wolf? gets to scry? etc.).

I ask because the Lalaith kill might've been rather risky unless he knew something, given that she agreed with both of the Wolf-dreams even before Nerwen revealed them.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #553
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I wonder if Boro has any extra abilities (kill only works when offing a Wolf? gets to scry? etc.).
It looks like something of the kind, since he wasn't sure if he was, in fact, responsible for her death. He did ask the Dead thread to check her, though, so maybe it only works when offing someone with a special role (i.e., wolf or Gifted, in this game)? And that might explain why he chose Lalaith - he would've wanted to chose someone who could have been a wolf but could not have been a Gifted, and Lalaith would fit that description decently well.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:16 PM   #554
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I'm saying I'm responsible for the 3rd kill (Mac) on NIGHT 3, and that I also had a decision to make on to take someone else out last night, and decided Lalaith. But I have no way of confirming whether she's a wolf (and so I would request for the dead to check her on their next chance), or if I was wrong and one pack made the same selection.
Ah, I guess that can be taken for confirmation on how the role functions. It only works if he gets a Wolf.

That makes Mac a guarantee, but we don't know about Lalaith since there were only two kills.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #555
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So... done watching that awfulness. These days it's really only morbid curiosity that keeps me watching. Anyway...

Boro's reveal doesn't ring true. One or both of he & Nerwen are lying. Nerwen gets special dreams, plus Boro gets free wolf-assassinations? Nah, not buying that.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:43 PM   #556
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Unless both strange events are a result of Boro. (Upon successful Wolf-kill the Seer's dreams go to someone else?)

But of course the more obvious possibility is that Nerwen pretended to be an Ordo receiving dreams to cover her own Seership.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:03 AM   #557
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Unless both strange events are a result of Boro. (Upon successful Wolf-kill the Seer's dreams go to someone else?)

But of course the more obvious possibility is that Nerwen pretended to be an Ordo receiving dreams to cover her own Seership.
Yes, but that wouldn't have helped her a whole lot... most likely the wolves would have gone for her anyway.
Which they may have even done, (if Boro does get to assassinate) and there was a ranger save. In which case, they're aware and will take her out toNight.

Hang on, going to look through yesterDay again...
Old 06-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #558
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Boro #408

"I sure hope this special unknown role isn't some maniac assassin. It would be nice to have a weapon against the wolves that can bite them in the night, but it would be most dreadful if it was just kind of blind night-time killer. This could be a really quick game if there's 2 wolf packs, and a blood-thirsty night maniac. It begs the question is this only a once every other night killer? Or maybe that "individual itch" in the DAY 2 narration was the hint, that the target (either Rune or the phantom) was the same, and thus only 2 kills."

From yesterDay. So there's that.

Anyway, I've been looking for any mention of Lalaith (from Nerwen or Boro) and nada. Well, until Boro's "Lalaith? Puzzling. " toDay.

Why Lalaith, anyway? Eomer and Nilp seemed to be more on the radar as possible wolves.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #559
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ok, Boro just now:

"someone who seemed to know too much, but I judged she wasn't the seer."

I assume this refers to Lal's post that phantom quoted as a possible reason the wolves would have killed her.

Anyway, I see Nerwen picked up on this:
"naming those three as looking innocent *could* have looked like a hint- but only to a pack that did not contain Macalaure. Now Lottiewolf says that Mac was one of her rivals, and that it was his pack, not hers, that killed Rikae."
So that's good.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:48 AM   #560
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Wait- Nerwen was trying to say that only a pack not containing Mac would think who was what? (edit: and because why?)