The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #721
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
If Nog is innocent, give your extra vote to Lottie or Nerwen

If Legate is innocent, give your extra vote to Nilp
If Legate is guilty, give your extra vote to Shasta
I just ugly laughed no joke

EDIT: I can't stop laughing my face hurts
Old 06-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #722
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And no, Agan, it's not that I won't, it's that I can't. I do not text. Sorry.
Then we can't be together.

Rikae?

Although I do feel like just voting for Shasta - the worst that can happen is that we tell them Nog is innocent when we're not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
He's sleeping happily in the next room, but shh, *whispers* maybe that was his intention all along!
Don't you just love it that we're reporting on what fellow Downers are doing in the next room? (Greenie is also sleeping. She coughed a little about 45 minutes ago but has since stopped.)
Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #723
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I want to see who Shasta votes for.

And no, Agan, it's not that I won't, it's that I can't. I do not text. Sorry.

Also, it's nice to hear that my plotting efforts will be rewarded. I, and all future inhabitants of Earth, thank you.
I am just forewarning you that if for any reason you cause a tie or cause the vote to go to some absolutely ridiculous person, there will be no future inhabitants to thank you, since thou and all thy kin shalt be wiped from the face of the Earth.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #724
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I just ugly laughed no joke

EDIT: I can't stop laughing my face hurts
CAN WE JUST DO A BLOODY TIE

thank you
Old 06-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #725
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Lommy's upgrade is RUBBISH. RUBBISH TIMING. RUBBISH OPTIONS. I'M NOT EMPOWERING NILP.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #726
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Excuse me. Forget what I just said. I am afraid I might need to strangle someone else closer to home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
If Nog is a wolf, give your extra vote to Form or McCaber
If Nog is innocent, give your extra vote to Lottie or Nerwen
If phantom is a wolf, give your extra vote to Boro
If phantom is innocent, give your extra vote to Lommy
If Rikae is a wolf, give your extra vote to Eomer
If Rikae is innocent, give your extra vote to morm
If Legate is innocent, give your extra vote to Nilp
If Legate is guilty, give your extra vote to Shasta
If Rune is a wolf, give your extra vote to Mith or Kath
If Rune is innocent, give your extra vote to Sally
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #727
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ha ha, Lommy just morphed your Shasta votes into Legate = Wolf.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #728
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry, I can't text either.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #729
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Excuse me. Forget what I just said. I am afraid I might need to strangle someone else closer to home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Sorry, I can't text either.
Boo.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #730
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
There isn't even an option for "none of the above" this is so problematic I love it
Old 06-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #731
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
At this point we should probably just tie the vote... but we won't be able to with Lottie and Mac around.

Maybe just go with the original plan of Nerwen. So they think Nog is innocent. It could be worse. If they think Legate's a wolf that could throw them way off. Splitting the votes any more would be letting the wolves decide.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #732
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

So the options now are basically either to vote for Nerwen (even if it may be misinterpreted), or... really nothing. I am not sure if I trust a tie, even though I would like the prospect of a tie as an equivalent to showing the Living that they really messed this up mightily.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #733
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Really though, could we make a tie to teach the living a lesson?

Lottie? Mac? Promise you don't mess it up? (Or live with the knowledge that I've stayed up till past 2 because of this nonsense and will be too tired to work and that's why we can't have human rights.)
Old 06-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #734
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Sorry for asking, but what's the vote thus far on this thread?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #735
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
There isn't even an option for "none of the above" this is so problematic I love it
Glad it at least makes someone happy.
Quote:
Maybe just go with the original plan of Nerwen. So they think Nog is innocent. It could be worse. If they think Legate's a wolf that could throw them way off. Splitting the votes any more would be letting the wolves decide.
Yep. It could indeed be worse. Nog here or there, it won't really change much, even if he happened not to be innocent.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #736
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Sorry for asking, but what's the vote thus far on this thread?
Something like

Greenie -> Nerwen
Nog -> Nerwen
Rikae -> Shasta

That should be about it.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #737
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I think it's

Greenie - Nerwen
Nog - Nerwen 2
Rikae - Shasta

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #738
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Really though, could we make a tie to teach the living a lesson?

Lottie? Mac? Promise you don't mess it up? (Or live with the knowledge that I've stayed up till past 2 because of this nonsense and will be too tired to work and that's why we can't have human rights.)
There is no way in Mandos I'm giving up this chance. Sorry, not sorry.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #739
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

And if Nerwen doesn't vote and it means there is no empower, even better. No message to muddle things up.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #740
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also it looks like they haven't even settled on it yet. For god's sake...

I won't be surprised at all if there's a wolf or two there trying to be "helpful".
Old 06-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #741
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I wish I hadn't voted so quick but I wanted to let Agan and Legate vote and go to bed.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #742
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikae View Post
i wish i hadn't voted so quick but i wanted to let agan and legate vote and go to bed.
<3
Old 06-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #743
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:

I won't be surprised at all if there's a wolf or two there trying to be "helpful".
If it were just Americans I could see them not being aware of how late it is over there, but what is Lommy thinking?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:24 PM   #744
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
And if Nerwen doesn't vote and it means there is no empower, even better. No message to muddle things up.
That's true.
Quote:

That's also true.
Quote:
I wish I hadn't voted so quick but I wanted to let Agan and Legate vote and go to bed.
And sorry about that. Well! Given that I said an hour and half ago that I am going to vote in 15 minutes and go to sleep... So much for sleep.

I think that's just it. Nerwen and going. I'll brush my teeth and then vote.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #745
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, well, this might get interesting after all.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #746
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Temporary alliance, fiend?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #747
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Messages that are true.

Vote Nilp to say legate is innocent.
Vote Lommy to say TP is innocent.

Saying anything else would be false.

Needs to vote soon:
Legate (innocent)
Agan (innocent)
Lalaith (?)
Rune (?)

Left to Vote:
Mac (Wolf)
Lottie (Wolf)
TP (innocent)
Firefoot (innocent)

Current voting:
Nerwen: 2
Shasta: 1

Currently we're lying to them, and I don't see a way to unlie to them without everyone voting for Nilp immediately (and trusting that either Rune or Lalaith would help with the effort).

Or do the same with Lommy, with the understanding that we wouldn't be telling the village anything they don't already know.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #748
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Temporary alliance, fiend?
Sure!
Old 06-08-2015, 05:33 PM   #749
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Of course, if they think Nog is innocent and there really is one pack completely dead, they may base a whole lot of nonsense on the assumption one of the rest of us is a wolf.

So that could be bad as well.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #750
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Rikae, strangle him for me, be so kind. (Okay, what is it with this violent vocabulary now, maybe I should have been the special role Boro claims to be.)

Quote:
Currently we're lying to them, and I don't see a way to unlie to them without everyone voting for Nilp immediately (and trusting that either Rune or Lalaith would help with the effort).
I don't trust Nilp to give him vote (especially as some are contemplating voting him and thus it's fairly likely he'll be voting to save his skin, so we would effectively be giving our votes to a random person who just happens to have the most votes after Nilp. THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN!!!).

And it is really possible Nerwen is not going to be back before DL. So our vote would disappear anyway.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #751
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay. I'm going to bed.

I am authorising phantom to vote for me.

Preferably to create a tie because it's 2.30 and I'm grumpy and I don't trust Nilp one bit and the living don't deserve any information, but really, use it as you deem necessary.

And if something happens and you require my presence, ask phantom for my number. Surely somebody has to be able to text.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #752
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I still don't understand why the Ranger and Lover haven't stepped out. Don't they realize there is a 1/3 chance one of them is about to get lynched, and that if there is a last-minute voting frenzy the Dead won't be able to do a thing about it?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #753
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Greenie > Nerwen
Nog
> Nerwen (2)
Rikae > Shasta

Left to vote:
the phantom
(Nerwen-"dreamed"? innocent)
Aganzir (hunter)
Legate of Amon Lanc (known innocent)
Firefoot (one of Nerwen's innocents)

Loslote
(wolf)
Macalaure
(wolf)

Lalaith
Rune Son of Bjarne

Even if all four of you vote Nilp, the wolves could vote Nerwen and cause a tie.
Although that's preferable to false information.

If Lal or Rune deliberately fouls things up, well, we'll know the identity of another wolf.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #754
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I don't trust Nilp to give him vote (especially as some are contemplating voting him and thus it's fairly likely he'll be voting to save his skin, so we would effectively be giving our votes to a random person who just happens to have the most votes after Nilp. THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN!!!).
This.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #755
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And by that last post I'm sort of implying the other Lover and Ranger have already been dreamed. (Eomer/Shasta/Lommy)

Because otherwise this situation wouldn't make sense.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #756
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
If Lal or Rune deliberately fouls things up, well, we'll know the identity of another wolf.
Heh, I almost want to offer them the chance just to see if they take it.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:41 PM   #757
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I like the idea of a tie. Shows the living that the dead failed to get their act together 2 out of 3 times.

Confidence-booster.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #758
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Even if all four of you vote Nilp, the wolves could vote Nerwen and cause a tie.
Although that's preferable to false information.

It would be kinda nice, but I am just unhappy - why does it have to be Nilp of all people? Why not even someone who doesn't show up, like Kath? Not that we have much of a choice, and the space to maneuver is really getting thinner by the day.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #759
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I like the idea of a tie. Shows the living that the dead failed to get their act together 2 out of 3 times.
meanie.

Phantom, you okay with voting for me?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #760
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also, over 3 pages in less than 2 hours.