The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #881
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Btw. the phantom: you're assuming a lot...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #882
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Maybe they won't make the mistake of making a list at all this time.

It thought I made myself clear yesterday. I'll just have to continue on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Indeed, and in that spirit, perhaps we should take a likable proven innocent, perhaps Greenie, and tie her up and burn her alive.
No comment.

You know what I am afraid of? That we might still not have very many Wolves on this thread. It really looks like (also from e.g. the horrible failure of the innocents to organise to e.g. get a list for us done, among other things, and the players like Eomer or Morm who you'd expect to be wise just messing around and undermining such efforts) the Wolves are in fairly big strength out there. I hope they get some "kill each other" thing toNight. Would save us a lot of trouble.

Speaking of Night-killing: there was one thing I've been wanting to say for ages about Boro. The claim that there is an assassin role makes a lot of sense - BECAUSE!!! - because we have the distinction of "prey" and "predator" on the Dead thread. Because I could easily imagine that an assassin role would be developed by Kuru with the idea that it's fairly strong role, but with the further contribution to the confusion that it might show as "predator", even if it's technically a "good guy".
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #883
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Because I could easily imagine that an assassin role would be developed by Kuru with the idea that it's fairly strong role, but with the further contribution to the confusion that it might show as "predator", even if it's technically a "good guy".
Well...when I was alive, I did point out that the rules said EVERYONE had to be on their toes for the secret role...it might be 'chaotic neutral' or something.

I've finally had time to read the thread properly this evening, I needed something to take my mind off the horrors of episode 9 (was that what was upsetting people on Sunday evening?) some nice links there Rikae and Phantom
Old 06-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #884
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Speaking of Night-killing: there was one thing I've been wanting to say for ages about Boro. The claim that there is an assassin role makes a lot of sense - BECAUSE!!! - because we have the distinction of "prey" and "predator" on the Dead thread. Because I could easily imagine that an assassin role would be developed by Kuru with the idea that it's fairly strong role, but with the further contribution to the confusion that it might show as "predator", even if it's technically a "good guy".
But then there is also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Boro, I had actually thought you might be the secret role for some time, and I don't doubt your reveal, and that you are not on the side of the wolves. I hope you'll understand, though, if I point out that we can't really be sure you're on the side of the village. Just something everyone needs to bear in mind.
So a Seer-Nerwen is not at least openly backing that - which is interesting as she seems to be happy to make hints on other players who might be innocent.

Then again, it might be that the seer gets normal info while I think it's only us who get these predator / pray -options.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #885
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Just something everyone needs to bear in mind.
Quote:
bear in mind.
Quote:
bear
Teehee.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #886
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I hope she is doing that to scare the wolves away and not to gloat...
Old 06-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #887
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Second thought: that would put it into a totally new perspective the post where she told Boro she trusts him to have the special role...

EDIT: aka. the exact same post, I see now...

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-09-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:27 PM   #888
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Quote:
Just something everyone needs to bear in mind.
Quote:
bear in mind.
Quote:
bear
Teehee.
Aaaaaaaaaah!!!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #889
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
LEGATE OF AMON SASS YOU'RE KILLING ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I see what you did there, Kuru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I need to tell you though - after DAY 1 I went to sleep not feeling positive I'd still be alive in the morning, and I had a dream I was lynched and Kuru posted PREDATOR in my death narration. I was confused but eventually figured the Hunter is also a predator of sorts.
Quote:
Teehee.
If you were here, you would have just seen me spit food all over my plate.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #890
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Whichever the case, I think it is slowly time for me to vote and leave this thread for now (which I will this time really do in a matter of minutes. Dozens of minutes at most anyway ). So, Nilp, hope your darling stayed safe and sound during this Night, others, let's hope we have preferably two Wolfsies here in the morning (not that I'd enjoy the presence of two more trolls, but it at least means they can't terrorize the Living), and let's hope the Living don't keep us awake one more night, although I am fairly worried it might be just the case.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #891
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
LEGATE OF AMON SASS YOU'RE KILLING ME.
'xcept you are already dead. Like all of us.

That said,

++Lalaith

Good night.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #892
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
And we won't stop,
Cause we can't stop.

Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #893
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

You should be Thunderstruck - Finnish style!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #894
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Cultural appropriation!

Old 06-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #895
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

If the Unknown Role is a Werebear, I won't feel bad about helping him win, as per the rules he is not listed under "Baddie". Since the role is unspecified I count him on my side.

As a similar situation: it would be like having an Ordo villager but with a secret role of Killer Cobbler, and if he is left alive at end-game after all the Wolves are dead his power allows him to mass murder the other villagers. One could not blame the villagers for not lynching him because their directive is to lynch Wolves, therefore leaving the unknown Killer Cobbler alive would be functioning correctly as Goodies (i.e. it would be wrong for the innocent to lynch someone that is not listed as enemy nor suspected as enemy etc.).

Thus, if the game continues even after everyone suspects all the Wolves are Dead, I will continue helping Boro.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #896
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm going to bed.

Fingers crossed we've bagged a wolf in Lalaith.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #897
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

This thread is simply turning into a music-sharing thread. I'm sure our Mod is upset we aren't discussing Werebears and such.

In other news, sports.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:23 PM   #898
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I hope there's not a hint in that American football stuff...
Old 06-09-2015, 06:25 PM   #899
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots DAY 5 Starting Early

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am starting DAY 5 early, and sadly for the Dead Tread, sans narration.

Fortunately(for some), we already have a majority.

Lalaith is a PREDATOR.

Nerwen has been killed.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
(Prey)
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
(Prey)
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith
(Predator)
Nilpaurion Felagund
Nerwen

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Thinlómien
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)
Old 06-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #900
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ooo, ooo, we have loads of info now after that!

Wait- we shouldn't be smiling about Nerwen being dead, heh.

Also, the Living now know they can ask about not only the Dead, but the Living. At least I HOPE they realize that.

Okay, Nerwen- what are the facts? (Particularly any facts you discovered during the Night.)
Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #901
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
With no new corpses to discover

Then they realized that Nerwen was missing. They hunted for her high and low, but there was no sign of her.
Why no body? Could Nerwen have been the Ranger or something?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #902
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lalaith: Booooooo!

Nerwen: Booooooo!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #903
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Huzzah!

Well...

unless there was one kill because Sally got ranger-protected, which I suppose is likely.

Anyway, welcome to the other side, Nerwen.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #904
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
1420!

Greetings, fellow-corpses!

First things first- Formendacil and Mormegil are wolves. Dreamed them last Night.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #905
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Didn't see that coming - I was sure Morm was innocent.

Nice ruse, though. You had a lot of people (me included) going with that pm gimmick.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #906
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Also, Shasta is the Ranger.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #907
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up Well, that escalated quickly.

Three known Baddies in a diurnal cycle... now I really hope I can get back.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #908
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Now I'd better do some reading, hadn't I? I hope those villagers were paying attention.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:38 PM   #909
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I was sure Morm was innocent.
Particularly at the start he managed to look quite good, without posting overly much, but he finally started looking sneaky enough that he was worth the dream. It's basically the same with Form- and I rather thought that Boro was going to take care of him during the Night after casting his Form-vote yesterday. Too bad he didn't.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:38 PM   #910
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So we only have one more unknown wolf, right? Well...

I'll bet all of you that the Dead thread gets to 1050 posts before the living thread gets to 775. If we do, you get the name of one of my packmates. If we don't, I get to pick the next Night's scrying target out of four options approved of by general consensus. What do you say?
Old 06-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #911
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Greetings, fellow-corpses!

First things first- Formendacil and Mormegil are wolves. Dreamed them last Night.
Tweedledum & tweedledee!

Excellent.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #912
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I believe Lottie just said she'd reward us for a filibuster.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #913
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
I hope there's not a hint in that American football stuff...
Well, if the Wolves punt (go for known innocents) instead of going for first down (Sally), we're in a good position for a punt return touchdown.

(Am I doing this right??? This hand-egg thing is still somewhat nebulous to me.)

Speaking of nebulous... assuming phantom's list is correct, there's still a Wolf among (Dead) Nogrod, Rikae, (Living) Mith, McCaber, and Kath.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #914
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

So actually, it would be in our best interests today if the Living didn't manage to come up with a list for us, so we could just cast our doubling vote for someone who votes for Form or morm. Undoubtedly they will be much more on top of their game though and leave us no way to communicate the intended message...
Old 06-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #915
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I believe Lottie just said she'd reward us for a filibuster.
Yup! Interested?
Old 06-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #916
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, I'm glad Mith jumped out and suggested they get their rears in gear this time in terms of making a voting list.

But again- I'm worried they won't remember that they can ask us about the Living seeing as we have Nerwen here. Now technically we should be able to trust them to figure it out, but they haven't proven trustworthy. Nerwen- you probably should've said "I will dream of X and Y. You WILL ask the Dead about them tomorrow if I'm not here. You WILL make your voting list nice & early. You WILL NOT hold your vote until the final hour!"

We must treat children as children, yes?
Old 06-09-2015, 07:47 PM   #917
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

This is just the scenario I had in mind when I designed the first Mandos game: the dead know several wolves and are desperate to get that info to the living.
I anticipated that it would be very frustrating for them, and very entertaining for me as the mod.

Anyway, Lottie's packmates are probably all dead or revealed, but I say we take her up on it so we can have more music & comedy (sports are optional).
Old 06-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #918
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

++Nerwen Filibuster

Perhaps if the Living see our post count going crazy and see that it's always Nerwen posting they'll think to themselves, "Ooo, perhaps she has something to say?"
Old 06-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #919
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Anyway, Lottie's packmates are probably all dead or revealed, but I say we take her up on it so we can have more music & comedy (sports are optional).
Presumably! But wouldn't it be nice to know for sure?
Old 06-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #920
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

It did take the Living five hours to get from the top of page 17 to the top of page 18 in their thread...