The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #601
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Toying with us for revenge eh captain? Could you give a rough idea when we might get confirmation? I don't want to sit in a cyber cafe all evening if there is no point.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #602
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Toying with us for revenge eh captain? Could you give a rough idea when we might get confirmation? I don't want to sit in a cyber cafe all evening if there is no point.
Likely in the early evening...probably between 6-7pm EST.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #603
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
SO the small hours here .... ok , guess I'll have to find a way ....

Old 09-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #604
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Very sorry everyone...didn't expect CoD to not trust his counting. You guys even figured it out so early.

Anyway, McCaber has indeed been lynched, and he was an Ordinary Innocent.

The game's not over yet! If anyone/everyone would like to extend the Night a few hours that's fine with me, though then that might make the deadline at a bad time for people. Anyway, Ranger, send me the name of who you wish to protect; Wolf send me your kill.

At this point, the next Day will begin at the usual time.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #605
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Night 6 has ended.

No one was killed last night.

Day 6 has begun.

~The Dead~

Leonard Nimoy (Half-Vulcan) ~ illogically murdered by the wolves
CaptainofDespair (Wererat) ~ Crushed on Day 1 to reveal his Dark Side
Day One (Evil Wizard) ~ Brought down alongside the might of Cluny the Scourge
Kath (Ordinary Innocent) ~ Tortured and ripped apart by the wolves on Night 2
Gwathagor (Ordinary Innocent) ~ Assassinated by con-goers on Day 2.
Brinniel (Ordinary Innocent) ~ Made really dead on Night 3.
satansaloser2005 (Werewolf) ~ Day 3
Rikae (Ordinary Innocent) ~ Night 4
Lalwendë (Cobbler) ~ Day 4
Nilpaurion Felagund (Seer) ~ Night 5
McCaber (Ordinary Innocent) ~ Day 5

~The Living~

Nerwen - Jedi Master, specializing in memorabilia collecting and movie quoting
Feanor of the Peredhil - Rabid Cosmo fan and TOS-TNG Trekkie with opinions
Boromir88 - Fireworks Pyro and Sean Bean's #1 fan
Nogrod - "Spore" anticipator who wants to play Eru
Shastanis Althreduin - Rabid Hermione Fan-wizard
Mithalwen - Confused hardcore Tolkienista who thought she was going to Oxonmoot
Isabellkya - Rabid fan of Vampire Princess Miyu
Macalaure - "Civilization" fan with Machiavellian tendencies
Old 09-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #606
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hey, I've got the first post for once!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #607
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
What???

Sorry ranger for my lack of faith yesterDay.

I'm going to be eager to hear just what happened...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #608
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Or then our wolf just failed to send a kill in the first place. That has happened as well.

Sadly I was so confident of dying this Night that I have piled all the work to this evening & tomorrow morning spending time with Lommy & Greenie and overlooking the work...

But I will post something in a few hours before going to sleep and I try to come in at some stage tomorrow (the end of the Day).

Just at the moment I'm still leaning towards Nerwen or Fëa but I'm afraid things will need to be looked at anew now so I will be open to new ideas as well.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #609
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
That's weird. It doesn't say anyone was protected, so I'm not sure if the wolf attacked and was rebuffed by the Ranger, or the wolf simply didn't kill. Which... doesn't make any sense; the wolf needs every kill s/he can get.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #610
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yay for the ranger! When Nilp died, I was sure that Nogrod had been protected instead and would be dead toDay. Or did the wolf decide to attack Shasta? I'm really curious to see the ranger and wolf picks. There's a mind duel going on below the surface and we only see the outcome.

Of course, it's possible that the kill was simply missed, but given that both ranger and wolf only had few sensible choices, I don't think so.

I foresee a rather slow and frustrating day. It seems like we already discussed everything twice yesterday and now the only news is McCaber's innocence.

I'm quite curious to see what Boro thinks now.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #611
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I foresee a rather slow and frustrating day. It seems like we already discussed everything twice yesterday and now the only news is McCaber's innocence.
I'm afraid that description is an apt one but it's up to us how this Day will turn out. But the beginning looks pretty bad... I just laid my papers to the table and came to see what had happened only to find just two posts made in three hours...

I'll be in shortly anyway even if you others are not...
Old 09-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #612
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fea -> Nerwen
Izz -> Nerwen
Boro -> Caber
Nog -> Caber
Mac -> Caber
Mith -> Caber
Nerwen -> Caber

Vote tally from yesterDay.
I just got home from work early and am going to have a late lunch.
Then I will be back.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #613
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. Here are the remaining unknowns. One of them is a wolf.

Nerwen
Feanor of the Peredhil
Boromir88
Mithalwen
Isabellkya
Macalaure

There are eight of us toDay so without any further ranger-saves / wolf-blunders
we'll have three Days to solve it (this one included). So: we can lynch three people and the wolf will meanwhile bring down two, narrowing the choices at the same time.

We should be able to do this.

The basic situation as I see it is the following...

Nerwen: A lot has been talked of her voting Boro Day after Day in the last instant throwing her votes away. It still is something I'm pretty uneasy about combined with her almost total silence & detachement from Sally whom everyone discussed (except the light defence of her - which she denied yesterDay). Would fit the picture of wolf-team trying to keep it up together.

Fëa: Has been doing everything but actually taking stances or getting involved. Voted two Days for Boro just for the fun of it (it seems) and has then voted very safely going with the flow (voted for a cobbler though*). Many times her discussions seem more like diversions than actually trying to do something (like yesterDay). Also hasn't suspected too many others (for not calling the retaliatory votes?). So a bored ordo or a methodical wolf? Fits the idea of a team-wolves.

Boro: Very much the motor here. First the Lal-crusade then the McCaber one. Sally's vote on Day1 still holds me from suspecting him. If they were that cunning they deserve to win. Boro being a wolf is a bit too far-fetched in light of the voting-record. But it's possible of course...

Mith: If Mith is a wolf she should have made a WoW on Day1 - the one which got CoD lynched in the end. It's possible Mith made it but somehow I don't just believe it. She has been a bit nervous at times though... just to make a notice of it.

Isabellkya: With Sally trying to save CoD quite openly also Izzie's first Day vote looks good. Sadly her record after that has not been so flashing - and I don't mean the actual votes but the reasons behind them or the easiness with which they have been made many times. Hard to say...

Macalaure: He has an astoninshing record of lynching two wolves (and a cobbler although I wouldn't count on that too heavily; look at *). Should be the master goodie and worth trust. And I'm thinking he probably is. But things that bug me a bit are that a) he has been so nice and unsuspective of me consistently through the game: it is a real turn-around b) he has practically saved me from the gallows two times and I should be indebted to him - like I am - but is it staged? c) he has been consistently explaining in different analysis how he could have been seen as having lupine motives. It's very hard for me to see the assuredness with which Mac makes a) and b) and gets his votes right...

So the result? Anyone could be the wolf but only one is.

At the moment I'd say Boro and Mith are the least suspicious because of the voting on Day1.

Izzy and Mac are in the middle as there are puzzling things with both.

Nerwen and Fëa still top my list because they would fit with the view of a wolf-pack trying to play it together rather than killing each other off and trying to make it alone against a big village.

A short postscript. As her departing words Sally says:
Quote:
"Avenge my foul and most unnatural murder." And I say this to....

....My lovely wolf partner.
Now I see this has kind of kept up my idea that the wolves were having some team spirit even if CoD died early. It was even more the way Sally behaved in general but that quote kind of helped to keep that interpretation (and therefore I have been reluctant to believe in those WoW votes too much). Now I have just started thinking whether there was a conscious misleading irony there? So the other wolf was anything but a "lovely partner" and therefore the irony? Although it has to be kept in mind that she posted this in a hurry as it came one minute after her last post (on overtime) where she realised she was dead.

*Unlike Mac (in his vote-analysis from yesterDay), I think that someone voting for cobbler doesn't make that person or the vote unsuspicious. It's perfectly possible a wolf votes a cobbler; first of all because s/he doesn't exactly know who's the cobbler but secondly s/he might also vote for the one s/he thinks is the cobbler - it could even be smart at times when trust is what you need and loking at Mac's reaction it might work...

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-21-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: added the * to it's place in the discussion on Fëa
Old 09-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #614
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Fëa: Has been doing everything but actually taking stances or getting involved. Voted two Days for Boro just for the fun of it (it seems) and has then voted very safely going with the flow (voted for a cobbler though*). Many times her discussions seem more like diversions than actually trying to do something (like yesterDay). Also hasn't suspected too many others (for not calling the retaliatory votes?). So a bored ordo or a methodical wolf? Fits the idea of a team-wolves.
Bored busy ordo. Sadly. Who just picked up a cold from germy undergrads. Blah. Gonna go eat and do some homework and pass out.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #615
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Yes, there was no kill because the Ranger protected the Wolf's target.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #616
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Where is everyone? I thought there would be things to read as I wake up but hey, Fëa told us she's a bored ordo with a flu and Dury confirmed the ranger being in action... And that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I put up or I shut up, if not McCaber, I'll shut it.
So you are actually going to follow this promise of yours?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:19 PM   #617
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I unfortunately fell asleep after lunch, and just woke up about two hours ago.
Which will throw my entire sleep schedule off.

I'm looking at Nerwen right now.
Then going to look more closely at Boro and Mac to round things out.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:54 AM   #618
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nogrod, my problem right now is that I simply don't have much to add anymore. It seems all has been said and without much new evidence, all we can do is decide what to do with the evidence we have. I'll try to come up with something productive anyway.

About your list up there

With your opinion of Nerwen I more or less agree.

With the one of Fea I don't. All the time you suspect Fea you ignore her fake seer reveal. That does not fit the idea of a methodical wolf, it fits the idea of a bored wolf who thinks she's not going to make it til the end alone anyway so she tries to have some fun and get herself lynched quickly. It's not impossible that this is really the case, but how many bored wolves have you come across so far?

The next four on your list are all looking good because of some kind of vote for or from a wolf. I keep on having the nagging feeling that either Sally or the respective one here simply made a mistake - maybe overlooked a vote and thus got the vote count wrong, or something of that sort. Because of this mistake, the remaining wolf is now alone, but can count on looking innocent. Sometimes wolves plan things like that, but it could also just have happened. I know I didn't overlook something, and I'd say Mith's vote doesn't look that way either. If you look at the surroundings of Izzy's vote more closely, however, it could be, and Sally could have gotten something wrong with her vote for Boro, too.

Now, Boro, he has Sally's vote going for him, but other than that I don't see anything in his voting record that makes it impossible that he's a wolf. I think you're too quick to discard him there.

Your opinion of Mith I agree with, for Izzy see above.

Quote:
c) he has been consistently explaining in different analysis how he could have been seen as having lupine motives.
Yes, because nobody else has so far.

Oh, and a vote for a cobbler surely doesn't make one look automatically innocent like a vote for a wolf does - but it's still more unsuspicious than a vote to save a cobbler.

I guess I'll go and have a look at the voting yesterday and yet another one at the past possible wolf-on-wolf votes.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:00 AM   #619
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nerwen...

Day One
43 - judgement clouding mindless babble - Rikae, Lal
paranoid - Nog
attack others - Boro, Rikae
Wonder's about Gwath's comment about wolfRikae behavior

Seems to me, just innocent-esque banter/IC stuff.

Day two
199 - Shows how CoD only mentioned in passing prior to vote.
Vote tally and timing
Sally is odd; because she raises the suspicion on CoD, then plays it down.
Boro behavior is the most peculiar

200 - Asks [b]Gwath[b] to fix tags
207 - Comments on a couple of Lal posts. Lal's wolf feint theory doesn't make sense.

209 - Wonder's why a Brinnwolf would pick Kath as see
211 - WoW is less likely in CoD voting.
216 - Points out no retractable votes to Lal
238 - Gwath-Nog thing; no read on Gwath. Not keen on Nog/Mith jumping on him for a comment.
Had been testing Lal to see if she'd sprout fur.

248 - Corrects nilp
270 - votes Boro

Has some good points. I think focused on Lal a bit too much, meaning Lal did a good job of distracting villagers. I think a cobbler would at the very least, have a WW costume in their closet.

Day three
319 - points out why she voted for Boro day two. Wonders if someone could be that naive; in reference to Lal

324 - Wants to hear from Gwath voters.
Doesn't like Mith's grounds of voting Gwath

338 - Lal is running out of sight with a couple of things she (Nerwen) has said.
Banter

244 - Wants to hear Mac's thoughts on Lal, as well as anyone else's.
Mac appears most innocent. Suggest seer check him out if still alive the next day.

346 - Banter
372 - Clarifies about post to Lal WoW in terms of CoD is possible
383 - Lal is de facto Cobbler.
Votes Boro

388 - Agrees with Sally about Fea's "reveal"
396 - Calls Lal a newbie wolf, perhaps.
407 - Nilp is cobbler candidate #4

Why didn't you ask Nilp the reason he didn't dream of Mac?

Day four
450 - clarifies "de facto".
WolfSally clears Boro of lupinity

453 - Banter.
A Lal post confuses her, it is contradictory.

461 - Agrees with Boro's comment about WolfNog tactics.
Points out Nilp's seer claim and dreams

484 - Responds to Mac about Lal/boro deal.
Says she was hesitating between Boro and Lal.
Boro's suspecting Lal made it harder.

490 - Boro voted for Caber on very thin grounds.
Comments that half the village had mentioned Izz, Caber, Sally as wolves at one point - why point to Rikae as seer.

503 - vote tally
508 - Deciding between Boro, Lal. Fea is a puzzle.
515 - Votes Lal, because she has a chance of being furry.
where Boro is Cobbler at most, if Nog is right.

Were you hesitating between Boro and Lal because you wanted to see which way a/the bandwagon would go? #508, it seems you decided to choose between Lal and Boro simply because Mac said that is the way he was going.
#515 - you are trusting Nog, why?

Day five
548 - Nog's lack of faith disturbing.
Clarifying/defending herself.
Asks Nog why he thinks Nilp dreamed him.

550 - Points a Nog mistake.
553 - Responds to Boro. explains about vote.
561 - Takes a jab at Nog
564 - Replies to Boro about Caber
His saying Caber "has been caught" - is a big stretch.
Points out/comments on Nilp's dream targets.

568 - defending herself
574 - Thinking of voting Fea for weirdness. No time to make a case against her though.

583 - Won't defend herself anymore - doesn't see what against.
Jabs about not getting innocents lynched.
Keeps forgetting about Izzy

593 - annoyed
595 - Votes Caber. hopes Boro is right.

So, are you going to jab yourself today; for insuring an innocent got lynched yesterDay? This hoping others are right, and making your moves from them - is scratching me the wrong way. You've done it on atleast three occasions.

Day six
606 - First post for once.

All in all, I am not completely certain Nerwen is a wolf, but she is guilty of following others I suppose. Her case against Boro, I think could be summarized in her first voting for him.

X'ed with Mac.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 AM   #620
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh "bother". I really assumed that CoD didn't want to steal Dury's end of game thunder and it was all over - or I would have made sure I got online.

Since the library isn't open today I will have less than an hour before deadline (other than now so I would be happy to have an extension since I am more or less back to square 1. But if I am in the minority no problem...

Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 AM   #621
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Aiee I am more baffled than ever. Part of me remains sure that Fea and Boro are bored ordos but both are such good wolves that I can't be. Then Mac has seemed so cool throughout. And that leaves Issy and Nerwen and somewhere in that lot is the ranger. I am not asking for a confession since that would still help the wolf more than me but I shall bear in mind as I read through that oddness may be a mark of giftedness as well as wolvishness and hope I come to the decision.

And Boro if you are out there please speak.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #622
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nogrod, my problem right now is that I simply don't have much to add anymore. It seems all has been said and without much new evidence, all we can do is decide what to do with the evidence we have.
I guess that's a problem shared by everyone. Sad to say it won't be getting too much better in the future as the next two kills will probably be obvious and the lynchings aren't so valuable source of information as when there are at least two wolves around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Now, Boro, he has Sally's vote going for him, but other than that I don't see anything in his voting record that makes it impossible that he's a wolf. I think you're too quick to discard him there.
I'm not saying it's impossible (I indeed said it is possible) or am not discarding him. I'm only thinking his wolvery being a bit more unlikely than someone elses... Which doesn't help much, I agree.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #623
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm not sure if I can come back before the DL as our choir is performing in the underground stations in honour of the "Carless Day" festivities.

I'm torn between not-voting now and taking chances to vote with some added information later on or just voting now to be sure I get to do it...

Darn...

I have no good ideas.

I'm afraid it's Nerwen but somehow I'm very reluctant to vote her right now with no added info - she said she would be having more time toDay so I'd love to see it first (or was it just a way to try and withhold our hands?).

I'm getting the feeling that it's not Fëa - she looks more and more like... well a bored ordo indeed (not so much Mac's bored wolf ).

Mith I find pretty unlikely candidate as well.

I'm still thinking Boro a more unlikely candidate than likely but if he stays silent the rest of the Day just keeping his word from yesterDay I'd be ready to lynch him out of pure annoyance.

Voting Izzy or Mac now would feel like making a too hasty decision.

Where are you Shasta? As a known innocent you could do something to help us out...

How about we lynch him? The wolf needs to reveal something of her/his mindset by making an actual choice of killing earlier...

Bad joke, but describes the frustration right now to this most silent of Days...

Ok. I'm not voting now. I hope to be back before the deadline.

While I'm away, do something, please someone.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #624
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, since I'm alive toDay after all, I may as well look at Izzy myself.

Day One.

#47. Comments on other players:

Rikae would say she was an ordo if she wasn't. Asks her if she would vote herself on Shasta's say-so (re: Rikae's saying she wants to see how Shasta will vote, because she thinks he's psychic.)

Says Fëa is trying to bait people.

#82. Could see Shasta revenge-voting Boro. Says Brinniel (then under attack from Mac and Lal) need not be hiding anything.

#103. Comments that Shasta's attack on Boro might be a cover for a wolf.

Makes a self-described "throwaway" vote for Captain of Despair (wolf).

Day Two.

#160. Opens with, "Wow. What a strike of luck." Says her vote on CoD was "pretty darn random".

Says Kath's death looks like an attempt at a clean kill. Asks Boro whether it was Kath that he tried to kill in a previous game.

#194. Comments that Fëa has been baiting Shasta.

Says Nogrod is suspicious, and so is Boro for being "buddy-buddy" with Nogrod.

(Known innocents Nilp and Brinn also commented on their "chumminess".)

Sally was "contradictory" (re CoD on Day One).

Asks Durelin what happens in the event of a tie.

#204. Analyzes Nogrod (very nit-picky). Finds him somewhat suspicious, but doesn't know if she'll vote for him.

Ditto Sally (wolf). Finds her vote-list on Day One "forced", but her overall behaviour "silly" rather than wolfish.

#223. Says Lalwendë could be the cobbler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Voting time..

++Nogrod

Day 3.

281. Wonders why Brin was killed: "the wolves could have gone with another trail-less kill".

List the Day Two votes.

Comments: "I wonder what it says about a person; who's top two suspects for at least a day and a half - both turn out ordo."

(I'm not sure who the "person" is here– I think she means Nogrod.)

#283. Asks Lalwendëwhy she's so certain the wolves are after her.

#316. Asks Boro if he usually "mimics" others' phrasing.

#320. Replying to Rikae's comment at 317: ("I don't like the way Izzy hangs around the fringes of things, occasionally "poking" at someone as if in an attempt to see if she can get suspicions flowing that way.")

Quote:
I'm not sure how analyzing Nog's and Sally's posts for a day and a half is considered poking.

It is a legitimate question which I posed to Boro.

You put Nilp on your naughty list for copying arguments, yet I don't see Boro there for that reason as well.

#349. Replying to Boro, clarifies what she meant about repeating people's phrases– she was referring to his use of "what the heck" two posts after she used it herself. Repeats that she doesn't like the interaction between Boro and Nogrod:

Quote:
It gave me the feeling of two people out picking curtains, or a new couch - not wolf hunting.
I really don't know what she was on about there... but as I said, two known innocents also commented on them.

#359. Says she is debating whether to vote Nog or Sally– or perhaps Nilp "for his initial posts of copy". (Doesn't explain what changed her mind about Sally.)

Finds Lal "comedic". Says she could be anything.

After Fëa's bizarre "reveal":

Quote:
Crap gotta go.
Just when things took a turn, oh dear.

++Nogrod

X'ed since 372.
I'm confused now.

Day 4

#449.(Referring to a post of Nogrod's on Day 3, where he mentions her among those whose excessive "consistency" might be wolvish):

Quote:
Briefly, I’d like to get this out of my system right away; since I’ve been simmering over it since yesterDay after work.
Goes on to ask why Nogrod hasn't listed Fëa and Boro as possible wolves for their persistent votes on each other. Concludes that he only cares about consistency aimed at himself.

Quote:
I think you are guilty of this ‘consistency’, which you seem to be paranoid of.

I think, the only reason I wouldn’t vote for you today - is because WolfSally put you in the lead, for two days in a row.

But toDay, it looks like you've got some of the paranoia out of you.

Quote:
Here is where my head is at, at the moment.

"known" innocent:
Nog
Shasta
Nilp

Looks pretty innocent:
Mac
McCaber

Cobblery:
Boro
Lal
Fea

undecided:
Nerwen
Mith

So my vote will go to one accused of Cobblery, or I don't have a read on.

X'ed with Nog, Boro, Mac.

#489. Analyzes Mithalwen, concludes that "there isn't a whole lot to say about her".

Quote:
She posts a lot, but not much is said. She says her suspicions, but doesn't (as of yet) put in a lot of analyzing towards them. There are a lot of misreads/clearing things up between her and other people.
Says she will not vote her.

After Nilp's reveal:

#496. Says she will not vote for me, but will let the Seer check me out. (Huh? She'd hardly mentioned me before!)

Says votes for Lal or Boro would be throwaways.

Quote:
Which leaves me with..

++Fea

Day 5.

#532 (commenting on Boro's MacCaber theory):
Quote:
I think a mixture of insane whack-job, running out of time, and it is crazy enough it could be true.
Quote:
Since Lal died as the Cobbler, I suppose that puts Boro in a bit of better light. Leaving him either innocent or wolf. Though, Sally's vote for him on Day 1 is kind of bugging me.
(I don't know what she means by this.)

#575. Analyzes Mithalwen. Finds her vote on McCaber to be "a bit fishy".

Also comments:

Quote:
In one of your posts #443; you say I was swift on Day two to "point out" that I'd voted for CoD. Yet here you are in #528, three posts after Durelin's; explaining why you voted for Caber. You'd already done so when you made the vote. So why again? If I was swift, then you were... break neck speed?
Analyzes Fëa– Or rather, she summarizes her posts, without analysis, except to say that her obsession with Boro is "unhealthy".

Concludes:

Quote:
Ugh.I'm torn between Mith and Fea.
But something tells me from what I've re-read/skimmed of Nerwen
My vote might go there.
Call me paranoid, if you will, but that strikes me as rather creepily opportunistic (Mac and Nogrod were after me at that point– this was before the Caberwagon).

#579. Votes me, based on"gut feeling".

Which brings us up to toDay.

General comments:

Hmmn. I've been ignoring Izzy, and more-or-less assuming she's innocent, based on the positioning of her vote for Captain of Despair. If one disregards that... there's actually quite a bit against her.

Rikae's remark at 317 sums Izzy up rather nicely. She mostly doesn't make cases against people, but rather seems to try and cast suspicion on them in a way that leaves her out of the action, and she changes her mind according to what way the wind's blowing. She's also a good deal more jumpy and defensive than I'd realized, and, as Mith commented, very quick to point out things in her own favour.

However, this may be her normal playing style as an ordo, for all I know– I don't think I've ever played with an innocent Izzy before.

Her correctly identifying a wolf and a cobbler looks a lot less impressive when you consider that she has at some point expressed suspicion of everyone in the village, (with– unless I've missed something– the exception of the first three nightly kills). EDIT: Of the three, Kath never mentioned her, Rikae listed her as "suspicious"... while, since Brin on the other hand mentioned her as "probably innocent", Brinn's death makes her look good (though this last also applies to Boro and to me).

Balanced against this, of course, is the glaring fact that she helped bring down a wolf on Day One, and with a particularly innocent-looking vote.

EDIT: X'd since Mac at 618. I had to go out halfway through posting this.

–I see Izzy has returned the compliment.

EDIT2: fixed quotes.

EDIT 3: Clarifying a comment.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-23-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 AM   #625
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Alright, I had a look at the voting yesterday and found nothing of interest.

I also checked the Day1-voting again, found Mith's vote as innocent as I expected. As long as the wolves didn't have some kind of mad plan, she's not a wolf.

I also saw that Sally only started to go after Boro when Boro already had 2 votes. Very unlikely she wasn't aware of that. Why would she go after her companion Boro but shy away from CoD? Of course one could also ask, why should she treat both fellows the same? Sally entertains Brinn as a second option (even a first for a while) to Boro, but decides against her in the end.
This just doesn't fit. Sally knew perfectly well what she was doing, so, again, unless there was some kind of mad plan, Boro is not a wolf.

Izzy's vote is somewhat fishy, though, as I said before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I'm getting the feeling that it's not Fëa - she looks more and more like... well a bored ordo indeed (not so much Mac's bored wolf ).
I didn't mean it that way. I meant that if Fea is a wolf, she's a bored one (not a methodical one). Since bored wolves are rare, I think she's innocent.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #626
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Izzy's vote is somewhat fishy, though, as I said before.
Why? I missed where you said that before.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #627
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Aiee I am more baffled than ever. Part of me remains sure that Fea and Boro are bored ordos but both are such good wolves that I can't be. Then Mac has seemed so cool throughout. And that leaves Issy and Nerwen and somewhere in that lot is the ranger. I am not asking for a confession since that would still help the wolf more than me but I shall bear in mind as I read through that oddness may be a mark of giftedness as well as wolvishness and hope I come to the decision.

And Boro if you are out there please speak.
Ah, but he promised to shut up, remember? And what makes you say he's bored? He went after McCaber yesterDay with such wonderful energy and enthusiasm...

If it helps, whoever the Ranger is, it isn't me. Also, I've found I may have to drop out of the game.

So if you get really stuck, you can lynch me safely. It will not get you a wolf, however.*

*This is not a bluff.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #628
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Why? I missed where you said that before.
Post #565. First she says it's a throwaway, which it wasn't, then the next day she explains it differently.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #629
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
So you are actually going to follow this promise of yours? ~Nogrod
Aye, I'm still observing and watching the few people that I've narrowed down to (Nerwen, Izzy, Fea), but I'm really just re-gathering myself, and trying to clear my head.

I may not even vote today, I have to leave in less than an hour, and who knows what will happen towards the end.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #630
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Voting randomly, is throwing away your vote.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #631
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Voting randomly, is throwing away your vote.
Maybe this is a semantics issue. Usually a "throwaway vote" means a vote that doesn't count.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #632
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Maybe this is a semantics issue. Usually a "throwaway vote" means a vote that doesn't count.
Ahh I see.

I thought it also pertained to votes which weren't counted towards the majority.
Such as the votes of Fea and I yesterDay.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #633
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually, that is a bad example; though the first one which popped into my head.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #634
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I have to leave...

++Isabellyka

Somewhat by a process of elimination (I don't think Nerwen's bluffing, I'm trusting Mac and Mith, Fea I simply have no idea), somewhat based on Rikae putting her in the suspicious list with McCaber, somewhat based on Nerwen bringing up Izzy is quick to defend and quick to point out what makes herself look good, and somewhat random at this point in the village.

I won't be this inactive tomorrow, but I felt obligated to sit back and take a breath today.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #635
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

One of these people is a wolf...

Nerwen (has some evidence against her, but feels innocent. Has now meta-reasons standing against her wolvishness)
Fea (could be a bored wolf, and if she's (and I'm) still alive on the last day, I think I'd vote her to make sure not to lose against such a specimen)
Boro (has all kinds of evidence against his wolvishness, but his manner of going after people would also fit to a wolf)
Mith (immaculate)
Izzy (looks better after the throwaway thing is now being cleared up. Also, I have a feeling CoD-Sally-Izzy just isn't our pack)

Yet one of them is a wolf... one of them...

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-22-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: crossed with Boro
Old 09-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #636
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm going to point something out. xD

Nerwen accuses me; actually it was Mith who did it, Nerwen just borrows it - that I am 'quick to point out things in my favor'.

The accuser (Nerwen) is both guilty of 'quick to defend and quick to point out what makes herself look good' - yet you vote me.

Huh.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #637
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Fea (could be a bored wolf, and if she's (and I'm) still alive on the last day, I think I'd vote her to make sure not to lose against such a specimen)
I won't take it personally. Really.

++NERWEN
Old 09-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #638
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I guess my tone was a little off there.
It was not meant personally either. You know me.

*curses second language-dom*
Old 09-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #639
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I think I'm going with Nerwen today. She's not a very likely wolf (but who is??), but she's still an unknown quantity. And since she's considering dropping out anyway....

++Nerwen
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #640
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I still have no idea what to make of her ...that pointless babbling about the Seer yesterDay could fit a wolf who didn't care who got lynched as long as it wasn't her. But of course, this reasoning is based on my knowledge of my own role, which none of you share (apart from the wolf).

Quote:
Boro (has all kinds of evidence against his wolvishness, but his manner of going after people would also fit to a wolf)
I see he's just voted Izzy– it would be quite a coup if a Borowolf managed to get the village to lynch all the CoD voters, wouldn't it? Even better than the Shasta affair...

Quote:
Yet one of them is a wolf... one of them...
Sure it's not you?

EDIT: X'd since Mac at 635.