The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #721
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh for all sanity purposes.
Sheesh.

I am leaning towards Mac as the wolf toDay - either that or a really whacked out Boro.

Why: I've thought Mac innocent this entire time - with only lately his uber innocence making my skin itch. Why would a Wolf kill someone who is unlikely to vote for them? His voting record as a whole - which I've only slightly mentioned; has a few votes which were placed at opportune bandwagon time for a Wolf.
Plus, he is still alive.

Boro is more innocent to me, because of the voting by Sally for him on day one. Sure, you could have a suicidal pack, but that suicidal? Though his lynchings of innocents does not speak in his favor; nor does yesterDays little production. However, his reaction to the possibility of a bandwagon on Fea is more innocent than furry; unless it was another bluff.

Quote:
I haven't seen you answer why after why you had relatively strong suspicion's against sally, and concerns (but not big enough to "vote for him"), why you went after and voted for Nogrod instead. (Day 2 and Day 3).
Day Two:
I said, "I don't know if I would vote for Nog, but I definately have my eye on him." That isn't completely ruling out, voting for him - just that I wasn't sure at that time whether or not I would. When it came to voting time, it was either a vote-shopping-Nog, or a banter-IC-happy-Sally.

Day Three:
I hadn't looked at anyone else that day; so it was between Nog and Sally again.
Still a banter-IC-happy-Sally vs. a campaigned-to-get-gwath-lynched-Nog.

Overall, Nog is just scarier than Sally is.

X'ed with Shasta.
Edit - fixed a tag.

Last edited by Isabellkya; 09-25-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #722
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
For all you know, I could be.~Mac
Are you?

Quote:
Boro is more innocent to me, because of the voting by Sally for him on day one.~Izzy
I thought before you said it was creepy? Or it worried you? Or something like that...

Are both of you trying to pull my leg?

Edit: Shasta, if you get the chance perhaps you could just say why you trust Izzy.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #723
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What also worries me about you Mac, is the quick change from saying I (and Fea) were the most suspicious/saying you could just lynch me tomorrow, to you thinking me innocent.

Plus your first post today about which one of us would kill Mith. It gets a feeling of pre-planned if you know what I mean. Like, "Well I can back off wanting to lynch Boro if I killed Mith, his biggest supporter." Thus making the scapegoat Izzy.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #724
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It bugs me.
It makes you look innocent.
I couldn't see Sally putting her wolfmate in the lead on day one.
Yet I get the feeling that I could see you asking/telling a wolfmate to vote for you on day one. I believe Mac suggested that Sally could've been confused; (it is the first post on one of the pages, I've seen it a few times while going back through). Looking at the times of the surrounding votes, I don't think she was confused.
If anything, it was in an effort to save CoD.
She could've been 'considering' her vote, since Macwolfmate had put CoD at three - so she was waiting to see if she needed to save CoD or not.
Unfortunately for her, Mith posted a fourth vote for CoD at the same time she (Sally) voted for you (Boro).

Why does it bug me?
Because you were after Fea for a few days.
Because you got Caber lynched.

A block of innocent-looking birdfeed, being pecked away at by anti-innocentlooking-birds.

Is it too much to ask an innocent to look whole-ly innocent, and a wolf to look and smell furry?

Edit. Fixed a parenthesis.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #725
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If innocent, I'm sure Mac is at least trying to gnaw and nibble on your leg.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #726
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Why does it bug me?
Because you were after Fea for a few days.
Because you got Caber lynched.~Izzy
But how does that have something to do with sally voting for me on Day 1?

Quote:
If innocent, I'm sure Mac is at least trying to gnaw and nibble on your leg.
And you are trying to...?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #727
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I haven't had a chance to go back and look yet, but I trust Izzy mainly because of her CoD vote Day 1. I... honestly can't remember who both Mac and Boro voted that day (blame the pills, blame them I say ) but I'll go back and look.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #728
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There it is. Izzy and Mac both voted for CoD, and Boro threw his vote away at the end for Lal.

I sort of trust Boro, though, because he was dead set on lynching [b]Lalcobbler[b] for about three days or so. But would a Borowolf doublebluff like that?

Well, Boro has been known to pull stunts like that... I seem to recall a certain stunt involving fake-revealing as a Ranger... So he's certainly bold enough.

Would Macwolf still have voted for CoD if he was save-able during the time which he voted?

And what about Izzy? Who voted for CoD before her and what were the votes then, list-wise? Who was lynchable?

Also, I need to I think go back and look and find out who the main players were in getting Sallywolf lynched.

...I can tell that I'm not being coherent
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 09-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #729
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

So regarding Sally, Mac voted for her, Boro voted for Lalcobbler again, and Izzy voted for someone completely unrelated....

That makes two wolves for Mac, one for Izzy, and it seems Boro has voted the Cobbler, who was sort of obvious in hindsight, all the time. I think this looks bad for Boro, and I'm really considering him over Mac and Izzy at this point because I don't think Mac would vote both his partners and I don't think Izzy would have cast the crucial vote for her wolf partner on Day 1 which was based on a random bandwagon anyway.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #730
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally voting for you, makes you look innocent.
Those things make you look a bit furry.

Voting rundown, for any enjoyment.

Day One:

Rikae --> Sally..... (2:19a GMT)
Shasta --> Boro..... (7:42a GMT)
Brin --> Mac..... (2:27pm GMT)
Gwath --> Rikae..... (2:49pm GMT)
CoD --> Day 1..... (3:01pm GMT)
Caber --> CoD..... (4:35pm GMT)
Lal --> Brin..... (4:46pm GMT)
Fea --> Boro2..... (5:02pm GMT)
Izz --> CoD2..... (5:41pm GMT)
Kath --> Brin2..... (5:41pm GMT)
Mac --> CoD3..... (5:56pm GMT)
Nog --> Gwath..... (5:58pm GMT)
Sally --> Boro3..... (5:59pm GMT)
Mith --> CoD4..... (5:59pm GMT)
Boro --> Lal..... (5:59pm GMT)

Day Two:

Mith --> Gwath..... (11:02pm GMT)
Boro --> Lal..... (3:28pm GMT)
Fea --> Boro..... (4:15pm GMT)
Izz --> Nog..... (4:37pm GMT)
Gwath --> Nog2..... (4:55pm GMT)
Caber --> Sally..... (5:17pm GMT)
Rikae --> Caber..... (5:28pm GMT)
Nilp --> Gwath2..... (5:51pm GMT)
Sally --> Nog3..... (5:53pm GMT)
Lal --> Caber2..... (5:57pm GMT)
Brin --> Sally2..... (5:59pm GMT)
Mac --> Gwath3..... (5:59pm GMT)
Nerwen --> Boro2..... (6pm GMT)
Nog --> Gwath4..... (6pm GMT)

Day Three:

Rikae --> Sally..... (2:39am GMT)
Shasta --> Nog..... (7:23am)
Boro --> Lal..... (4:32pm)
Fea --> Mith..... (4:59pm)
Lal --> Mith2..... (5:28pm)
Izz --> Nog2..... (5:34pm)
Caber --> Sally2..... (5:38pm)
Mith --> Lal2..... (5:40pm)
Nerwen --> Boro..... (5:40pm)
Sally --> Nog3..... (5:52pm)
Nilp --> Sally3..... (5:55pm)
Nog --> Sally4..... (6pm)
Mac --> Sally5..... (6pm)

Day Four:

Nilp --> Lal..... (12:22pm GMT)
Lal --> Boror..... (1:54pm)
Boro --> Caber..... (4:41pm)
Shasta --> Nerwen..... (5:09pm)
Izz --> Fea..... (5:41pm)
Fea --> Lal2..... (5:44pm)
Caber --> Boro2..... (5:50pm)
Nerwen --> Lal3..... (5:56pm)
Mith --> Caber2..... (5:58pm)
Mac --> Lal4..... (5:59pm)
Nog --> Lal5..... (5:59pm)

Day Five:

Fea --> Nerwen..... (5:17pm GMT)
Izz --> Nerwen2..... (5:42pm)
Boro --> Caber..... (5:50pm)
Nog --> Caber2..... (5:53pm)
Mac --> Caber3..... (5:54pm)
Mith --> Caber4..... (5:55pm)
Nerwen --> Caber5..... (5:57pm)

Day Six:

Boro --> Izz..... (4:28pm GMT)
Fea --> Nerwen..... (5:01pm)
mac --> Nerwen2..... (5:12pm)
Izz --> Nerwen3..... (5:36pm)
Mith --> Boro..... (5:58pm)

Day Seven:

Fea --> Boro..... (4:32pm GMT)
Boro --> Boro2..... (5:26pm)
Mith --> Fea..... (5:51pm)
Izz --> Fea2..... (5:58pm)
Mac --> Fea3..... (5:59pm)

Oh wow.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:44 AM   #731
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
What also worries me about you Mac, is the quick change from saying I (and Fea) were the most suspicious/saying you could just lynch me tomorrow, to you thinking me innocent.
I was prepared to vote for you yesterday, but then you voted for yourself, and I came to the conclusion that you were looking innocent enough for me to reconsider and voting Fea instead.

Now, Mith's death... this could be the last day, so I would expect the wolf to stop making kills just meant to bluff and confuse and start making kills that are crucial to his/her survival. Mith was very unlikely to vote for you. If you were a wolf in this situation, I would expected you to kill me or risk Shasta.
This could just be another bluff (and your self-vote yet another), but there has to be a limit to the number of bluffs one person can pull. If you really did it I'm truly impressed, and hats off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Are you?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I don't think Izzy would have cast the crucial vote for her wolf partner on Day 1 which was based on a random bandwagon anyway.
Shasta, that's exactly why I think Izzy's vote for CoD is more suspicious than Mith's (or mine, too): at that time it was only a random bandwaggon. Izzy voted for him and even stated that it was a random throwaway (in hindsight, so that other people would be discouraged to follow her vote).

Keep in mind everybody: one vote for a non-wolf is a near defeat, because the wolf will immediately find a reason to bandwaggon on that vote and that person will have reached two votes first and die. There is a slim chance that the ranger survives today and is successful at night, but we really better get it right today.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:05 AM   #732
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

By the looks of it there is a chance I could be back before the deadline, but I don't want to risk it...

++Isabellyka

Naur an edraith ammen! Naur dan i ngaurhoth!

Quote:
No.~Mac
And if you are, my hats off to you, sir. Plus I'll give myself a papercut and pour lemon juice on it.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #733
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh and if the last wolf tries a fake ranger claim, and tries to steer the votes towards me in my absense, don't fall for it. I'm not the ranger, nor am I the wolf. That's all.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #734
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Isabellkya

If she's the ranger, she's dead now.
If Shasta's the ranger, he'll be dead this night, because he can't protect himself.
If Boro's the ranger, then I will give myself a papercut and pour lemon juice on it.

Oh, and before I forget...

*hoooowl*

Old 09-26-2008, 07:22 AM   #735
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

This sort of points to Boro's innocence to me now! What kind of wolf would vote first in a situation like today if there was any possible way not to?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:22 AM   #736
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Drat.

++ Mac
Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #737
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I suppose I should have gone with my gut... Rikae, feel free to slap me when this is all over.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #738
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I suppose I should have gone with my gut... Rikae, feel free to slap me when this is all over.
She slapped me so much for killing her () that I'm not sure whether she has any slaps left now.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #739
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I maintain that if I'd had my bow from the previous game, you'd have gone down long ago, Macwolf. DurelMod only gave me a lightsaber as the Ranger this time around. I did get a successful protect in again though.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #740
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh drat, I was junk in this one...sorry Izzy, sorry McCaber. I won't apologize to Fea, because I at least attempted to not get her lynched, due to my insanity.

Why didn't I follow up on my Day 1 suspicion, that I didn't like your post against Brin? Why didn't I follow up that I thought your first post today looked so calm and pre-planned? Those dratted 2 wolf votes, and I chose the wrong person. Votes are so overrated.

Well, I would congradulate you Mac, but you know how it goes, I have to get the paper and lemons now.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #741
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Actually.... your Day1 suspicion had me sweating quite a lot - so much that I thought I would surely be lynched the next day if I got mixed up in a bandwaggon for an innocent, thought I could take a calculated risk on my fellow CoD, mis-calculated miserably, and was suddenly absolved of all evilness from the next day on.

Didn't I tell you people that one of the votes for a wolf might have come from a misguided wolf?

I have to thank Sally for making me doubt you're the seer. Left on my own, I definitely would have killed you in Night2.

My vote for Sally, as Izzy has remarked correctly, was really not that innocent. I waited until the last minute to make sure there was really no other way. I abstained from suspecting Nogrod so much because I thought he was the cobbler (so much for me not auto-suspecting Nogrod this time ), and couldn't turn around on that in the last minute without making myself look bad.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #742
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, such a shame.
I think this is where the different timezones doesn't help.
If you are still around, why me over Mac?

++Mac
So I am not the only one who didn't vote. xD
Old 09-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #743
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh.

Yeah, yeah - game over.

Wolves win!

Interestingly enough.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #744
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

So Mac, my lovely packmate, I was TOTALLY going to PM you the Night before I ended up dying to tell you that if you needed to I wanted you to kill me. But my internet went down, so I didn't get to 'give you my blessing' as it were. So don't feel bad; you were bloody brilliant!

I'll come back with more specific comments on people later but I'm busy at the moment. But yay! We won! *beams*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #745
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shasta's not the Ranger by the way. He still retains some of his psychic abilities, though!

This was such an awesome game guys - thank you so much for playing! I'll let everyone reveal their secret thoughts for now, and I'll comment later on things.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #746
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Congrats wolves!

I was the Ranger. I'm sure some of you had to of figured it out - with Nilp's non-protection. Newbie Ranger.

Night two, I'd debated over protecting Mac and Kath. Which is why I posed that question to you Boro.

Sorry Nilp. I'd gambled and obviously lost. I figured that since everyone was talking about not protecting you, it was obvious that the Ranger(I) would.
I didn't think the wolf would take the chance in losing the kill, when they could just kill you the next night - the whole not being able to protect the same person twice in a row.

Nog was the only person I successfully protected.
Last night, you could've killed Shasta Mac, I wasn't able to protect him. In a moment of insanity, I protected him the night Nog died; another mistake.

Nerwen, I'm sorry for getting you lynched. The main reason I voted for you at the time I did; was because I really did not want to reveal myself as the Ranger. So I waited as long as I could before voting, to see where people would vote. I was sure you would vote for me, wasn't completely sure about the others. Plus, I had to leave and who knows what kind of crazy voting goes on in the last 30ish minutes.

Night 2 - Mac
Night 3 - Caber
Night 4 - Nog
Night 5 - Shasta
Night 6 - Nog
Night 7 - Shasta
Night 8 - Boro
Old 09-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #747
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh nothing like snatching a defeat from the jaws of a victory... not that the result would have been different. Since I never suspected Mac at all... though darling Phantom has already explained why I should. I do wonder why you killed me since I never suspected you.

Actually a lot of credit shoud go to Lalwende who successfully distracted us for so long - thereason I always think youare evil Lal is because I think you always ARE when we play together. And I think I have a better nose for cobblers than wolves. I wish I had stuck to my original instincts about Fea but she was behaving oddly even for her. And I jsut ran out of steam. Only annoying thing was that I had a suspicion that - and I don't intend this as an insult - CoD, Sally and Issy would be a pack that was perhaps a slightly inexperienced to be plausible and that Mac, Boro or Fea all very experienced would make more sense as the third wolf. But Mac curse him said the same thing and having (at that point) decided Fea and Boro were merely bored innocents I didn't take the next logical step. I thought that the notorious can be a liability in a pack, that Sally & cos newness was merely relative... and then got the idea that the Ranger was Mac... so .... generally kippered

Kudos Mac .. but I shall vote for you on principle first day for ever on.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #748
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Phooey.

If anyone can figure out why I claimed Ranger at the end, I'll give you a cookie.

Except Sally.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #749
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ah, so Izzy was the Ranger! I had been guessing Shasta.

I wasn't sure who to be rooting for as I watched. Mac had been doing such an excellent job of appearing logically innocent that I wanted him to be rewarded. But after no one listening to Shasta in the last game I wanted to see him succeed this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Since I never suspected Mac at all... though darling Phantom has already explained why I should.
Oh, dearie, don't take it like that. The reason why I was so excited about spotting Mac was the fact that it was something that perhaps shouldn't have happened. He was playing rather well.

Well done, dad.

Next time I'm in a game with Shasta, I'm going to try and help him win, whatever he may be.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #750
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Since I never suspected Mac at all... though darling Phantom has already explained why I should.
Oh yes... darling Phantom explained to me, as well, exasperatedly why I should have known better.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #751
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
...why I should have known better
I don't recall saying anything of the sort. As of matter of fact I still have the PM in my box, so I know I didn't.

What I did do however is explain my revelation as a "rare magical moment", and what annoyed me was that I wasted such a flash on a game that I'm not even playing in.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #752
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post

Oh, dearie, don't take it like that. The reason why I was so excited about spotting Mac was the fact that it was something that perhaps shouldn't have happened. He was playing rather well.

I am not taking it badly, I just must be more thorough. About the only thing that seemed odd about him was that he didn't suspect me which he often does when I we are both innocent.... but then Boro didn't suspect me either .. most disquieting. It just turned out that he was the coolest wolf I have ever encountered.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #753
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, that was exciting/frustrating/interesting...

First of all, right when the game started, I noticed Mac seemed edgy during our phone conversations and pointed it out. Of course I suspected it might have to do with the game, but I decided to consider it "inadmissible evidence" and not accuse him in-game unless he did something suspicious there... besides, I thought he might be a gifted...
and he killed me because he didn't want to have to go on hiding something from me in RL! Just when I wanted to gloat about catching Sally, too (people seem to think I'm this great legendary player, but I've always felt pretty lousy at wolf-hunting).
Well, I'm proud of him, anyway, for playing such a good game (although I would have liked the chance to catch him), and I've been rooting for him the last few days --- and now, a couple hours ago, Shasta PMs me and tells me he's not the real ranger!
Of course, I assumed Boro was, and that poor Mac, who thought he'd won, would be foiled in an attempt to kill Shasta toNight and be immediately lynched the next day. (Not that I would have warned him, of course!)

Well, excellent game, everyone!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #754
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya
I was the Ranger. I'm sure some of you had to of figured it out
I did, but not because of the missed protection of Nilp. Something in your "tone of voice", hard to explain.

It was a terrible dilemma: I couldn't kill you because I first had seers/known innocent to deal with, and then I needed you as a possible scapegoat.

Quote:
I do wonder why you killed me since I never suspected you.
I didn't dare to attack Shasta, and of the others, you were the one least likely to be lynched. You were the logical pick for me.

Quote:
Kudos Mac .. but I shall vote for you on principle first day for ever on.
I feared so.

phantom, may I ask what it was that made you suspect me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
and he killed me because he didn't want to have to go on hiding something from me in RL!
As a matter of fact, I also happened to suspect her to be the ranger at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Well, I'm proud of him, anyway, for playing such a good game
Old 09-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #755
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
How do I manage to spend as much time as I do at the top of suspect lists? Am I cursed? Is it something to do with my writing style?

Sigh.

I hate werewolves so much.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #756
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Aha, I knew it was Mac!

After I was killed, I tried to figure out why these so innocent looking people who voted for a wolf weren't dying...my conclusion was that one wolf was hiding among them. If Mac had picked off say Izzy or Mith, people might start paying attention to him and why he's not dead. Better to leave all the so-called innocents alive and keep the village confused.

Of course for awhile I was trying to figure who among them could've been the wolf. Mac came to mind because I know he's flown under the radar and fooled the entire village before. I think it might've been Noggie's game he played so smoothly; it came as a shocker...I didn't see it coming. I figured he might be able to accomplish such a feat twice.

Hats off to the wolves, especially Mac (who fooled the entire village once again).

It was a great game, though I admit I was a bit disappointed to be killed so early on (I think a lot of that disappointment came because I really didn't expect it, being suspected and such). I've noticed from past games, wolves find me quite tasty.

Btw Durelin, I enjoyed my death scene. It was worth the wait.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #757
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Three hurrays for Macalaure!

Hurray - hurray - hurray!

That was incredibly sneaky of you! I have faced a similar situation once before (well it was a bit larger village when I was left alone but anyway) and it was really tough. You managed it admirably! *Kudos*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I abstained from suspecting Nogrod so much because I thought he was the cobbler (so much for me not auto-suspecting Nogrod this time ), and couldn't turn around on that in the last minute without making myself look bad.
So that was it!
And I was thinking that you were defending me - remember you saved me from the gallows two Days in a row - either as an innocent believing I was not a wolf (for once!!!) or as a wolf trying to make me feel good about you. I had those doubts to the end (my death that is) but it always felt there was a better candidate to lynch... How wrong I was!

And I even made a general post at some phase of the game about the "feel-good factor" and how deceiving it can be... *kicks oneself*

A real gamble - those are always ones I admire - but it was a successful one too. Great work!

And thanks to all others as well! It was a hard one - which means a fun one - even if I would have loved to play it longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
How do I manage to spend as much time as I do at the top of suspect lists? Am I cursed? Is it something to do with my writing style?
Sigh.
I hate werewolves so much.
Welcome to the club! I'm always suspected and I always end up near-lynched at least on the first Days. Call it the aura or whatever... That's just something you can't avoid - at least I seem not be able to... But I love the game!

And don't blame yourself Izzy for your choices. It's always easy to look back with hindsight and say "I should have done this or that". You risked it with Nilp and that's it: it was a risk I might have taken myself - and many of us might have. If Mac had chosen differently, you'd be the hero of this game...

And anyway, if the ranger manages one save in the game she has performed truly well!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #758
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
phantom, may I ask what it was that made you suspect me?
It was this post that convinced me.

See, a WW cannot technically make an innocence/guilt list or suspicion list, because they already know the answers. And so if their suspicion list is not truly a suspicion list, it must be something else. It is rather a statement of intention, or a tool for manipulation.

For instance, if the wind is blowing towards lynching someone (an innocent), a WW naturally does not want to stop the lynching, but he would perhaps deem it wise to appear as if his instincts are against it, and not support it. And so he'll make some statement like this- "Person X seems like a logical pick because of this, this, and this, but I still haven't felt them to be guilty." This strokes those in favor of the lynching nicely (the WW has agreed that their idea is a good one) while also keeping the WW looking good for not having his heart in the lynching.

Anyway, every great once and a while, I read a list and my radar goes off like crazy and I'm just certain that the individual knows too much. It happened once with a Borowolf, an Eomerwolf, an SPMwolf, and it happened again in this game.

Now, there have been many times where someone has pinged my radar and I've been wrong, and times where someone has pinged it and I've been right, but it is primarily these three occasions that I recall where the feeling was quite overwhelming- and this time it was frighteningly so. As I read your post, Mac, it was as if I slipped into this other realm and I was the WW reading my own post and knew what my evil thoughts were behind it. But then I realized- wait, I'm not the WW, and this isn't even my post.

I quivered slightly. It's gotta be Mac, it's gotta be! Everything just fell into place.

So I got on MSN first chance I got.

"Sally, who's your partner? Is it Mac?"

"Yes."

And it absolutely drove me out of my mind that I had wasted one of my divine moments on a game in which I was not participating.

*sigh*

But if I had been playing I surely would've been dead before that, and so it probably would have been even more frustrating.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #759
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yay! Wolves win! Mua-ha-ha-ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Oh nothing like snatching a defeat from the jaws of a victory... not that the result would have been different. Since I never suspected Mac at all... though darling Phantom has already explained why I should. I do wonder why you killed me since I never suspected you.

Actually a lot of credit shoud go to Lalwende who successfully distracted us for so long - thereason I always think youare evil Lal is because I think you always ARE when we play together. And I think I have a better nose for cobblers than wolves. .
Now you always think I'm evil even when I'm innocent! Though I threw all sorts into the pot there, I was even downright rude to everybody at some points to provoke everyone - this does mean that in future games I shall have to continue being rude because now you will think I am being evil

Hey, and there was WoW voting too! Even more than beyond my wildest Cobblerish dreams.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #760
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I can't believe it. I was right about everything but the one thing that counted. I hate you all.

No, not really. Just Mac and Boro right now. In that order.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote