The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #841
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I am also suspicious right now of Autume and Form, both simply for following my vote (Autume even asked me to make her follow).
Well after sealing the Seer's fate I didn't want to make another newbie mistake like that again. So I decided to see where an experienced player stood on the issue.

I also thought Inzil's vote suspicious. So I decided to do what I thought was best.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #842
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
I'm more wary of autume. Form I can't get a read on, but that's probably because I haven't played with him enough to know how to read him. autume seems to agree with everyone, almost as if it's a conscious effort not to make waves and draw attention to herself.
I don't mean to be agreeing with everybody. It's just that so far I haven't really had anything to disagree with. I've decided to give you my thoughts below.

As for the last minute voting yesterDay. It really makes sense for alona to save herself. After closer inspection sally did say she would break up a tie. So her switching her vote makes sense.

I'm not sure why Lommy switched her vote. I never really saw her give a reason. Just mentioned that alona should be grateful. I've never played with her before so I don't know her very well.

Rikae doesn't really seem to be a baddie to me.

morm has raised some of my flags. At some point in time today I'm going to have to go back and analyze morm. I'd do it this morning, but I'm not going to have enough time before I have to leave for work.

Everyone else is flying under my radar as well. Which makes me think that some of the baddies are those that haven't spoken much. However it'd be highly unlikely that they ALL aren't speaking. Which means that I've got plenty of analyzing to do today.

People I'd like to analyze today because they are flying below my radar: Nessa, Nerwen, and Mac.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #843
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
As for my vote - Alon was pretty neutral on my books while Inzil was slightly (but only slightly) suspicious. I was mentally prepared to retract from Shasta to Inzil in order to save morm. I even wrote that post: "--Shasta, ++Inzil, Morm should be grateful." And that grateful comment came because morm and I have old rivalries so it would be quite extraordinary for me to save him. Then, the situation changed quickly and I just replaced morm's name with Alona's without thinking much and posted it. That's it for those who have asked.

Then, the kills. I believe phantom was killed because he seemed like a seer dream and possibly also because he is a dangerous opponent (mayhaps he was getting too close to the truth with Shasta and/or Rikae and they decided to eliminate him with the seer-dream cover?) Brinn, then. I don't know why people find it so surprising. You can't expect a pattern based on one single kill. I think Brinn was possibly picked for suspected wolvishness or giftedness, and probably at least for being improbable wolf kill. (Hmm, don't ask why she'd be an improbable wolf kill. Probably because she had come under more suspicion than many others.)

I don't like the way Form speculates about the bear kills. It looks like he's been thinking of bear tactics far too much for his own good, which could point at him being the bear himself, or possibly being a wolf.

I get weird vibes of Autume. She seems somehow very reserved and defensive and agreeing with people. But I don't know if it's just her style, I've never played with her before.

Morm - to me, Rikae is a big questionmark. I suspect her to some extent, but then again she has this big innocence show going on and claims she wouldn't do this and that as a wolf and accuses people for thinking that she's either stupid or evil and calculating if they suspect her of something like that, so I'm not sure. Sally seems to be very much like her usual self, she tends to be jumpier (mmh she actually is a bit jumpy now but not as jumpy as she tends to be a wolf) and more careful when being a wolf. So I'm not sure about her either but she's leaning innocent.

Alona's use of smileys is kind of disturbing. Greenie has complained to me before for suspecting her on grounds like that, but really, the overt use of smileys - especially sad smiley, normal smiley and eek smiley - or using them in wrong places gives a dishonest or trying-to-please impression, and that's what Alona is doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autume
Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry Lommy!
No problem.

I'm going to work now, but I'll be back in some five hours. See you all!

edit: xed with Autume
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #844
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
Well after sealing the Seer's fate I didn't want to make another newbie mistake like that again. So I decided to see where an experienced player stood on the issue.

I also thought Inzil's vote suspicious. So I decided to do what I thought was best.
Wow! This increases your credibility in my book, this and this post alone assuaged all my misgivings of you . This post makes you fly up to the near top of my list.

Oh, but I better not suspect you too much otherwise Sally-wolf may find it 'suspicious' that somebody else has strong suspicions and the two of you would suspect me further for the simple reason of suspecting you.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #845
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Alona's use of smileys is kind of disturbing. Greenie has complained to me before for suspecting her on grounds like that, but really, the overt use of smileys - especially sad smiley, normal smiley and eek smiley - or using them in wrong places gives a dishonest or trying-to-please impression, and that's what Alona is doing now.
Here we go again. Sorry if it makes me seem over eager or eager to please. I really think it's just turning out to be my style of play...but if it bothers you that much (like Nerwen's backwards writing or something), then I'll lay off the smlieys.

Okay, I'm off to school. I'll be back around 1pm pst to post.

PS: I go crazy with smileys on AIM, too.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #846
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Wow! This increases your credibility in my book, this and this post alone assuaged all my misgivings of you . This post makes you fly up to the near top of my list.
I was just telling you why I did what I did. Not really sure what I did to make me your prime suspect.

Edit Xed with alona
Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #847
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I was just telling you why I did what I did. Not really sure what I did to make me your prime suspect.
First, I never said you were my prime suspect and second just because you 'explained' why you did what you did does not make you innocent.

I saw this but didn't comment last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Yeah, sorry about that. I get antsy when I'm not well and I was already a bit ticked about the accusation so I went a bit nuts. And I'm sure your pack is chuckling at me as we speak. Do tell them hello for me toNight, will you?
I found it interesting last night after I gave the line about Sally's pack mates wanting her to calm down she seemed to have done so. After this post she went on only to light conversation about the nicknames and then signed off. It strikes me as very strange that she would do this, almost as if she took the advice I proffered.

Rikae, your Nerwen remark is interesting. I think there is merit in it. I would like investigate this further though I fear there are some time constraints as this is my first day back to work after a week off.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #848
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Alona, earlier you seem to have said that Lommy and/or Sally was not trying to save you, since their votes crossed with yours? That doesn't make sense - if their votes *hadn't* crossed with yours, the fact that yours saved yourself would speak in their favor, but since they crossed, it doesn't make any difference.
Lommy's explanation for the "grateful" comment sounds believable enough, although there is still something that makes me uneasy about her.
I think the trio of Sally/autume/Alona just has to contain at least one wolf - I have a feeling knowing one of their roles would help sort out the others.

EDIT: X'd with Morm. EDIT again: "her" not "he" for Lommy.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #849
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
What Nerwen remark, Morm?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #850
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

One other thing - I don't like Nessa's commentary, although I'm not sure if it's just because I disagree with her/don't like the style, or whether it's really suspicious. She seems detached, just here to make comments of questionable value. Day 1 she looked like she was encouraging people to vote randomly, and now she's saying she doesn't like how "divided" the village has become - it just seems fishy, as though she's saying "concentrate on a couple innocents, so I and my buddies don't have to worry" or something. Nothing wolves like better than a swiftly rolling bandwagon for an innocent (and they are free to stand aside and say "I told you so").
Considering that... why has there not been more analysis of yesterDay's voting, anyway? The Zilwagon needs a closer look.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #851
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Wait just a minute here. Sally's running around toDay saying she said beforehand that she would break a tie, therefore her vote isn't questionable... but this was in her vote post:

Quote:
I don't find Alona that suspicious right now. Sorry for the re-tie.
....eh? That's right. She thought she was re-tying alona and Inzil. So why the talk of tie-breaking toDay?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #852
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

And Autume really gives me the impression of protecting Sally now. Something's not kosher.

And with that, I achieve the elusive quintuple post!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #853
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
What Nerwen remark, Morm?
My mistake, I remember the remark but I thought it was you. It was Mac, my mistake.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #854
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Wait just a minute here. Sally's running around toDay saying she said beforehand that she would break a tie, therefore her vote isn't questionable... but this was in her vote post:

....eh? That's right. She thought she was re-tying alona and Inzil. So why the talk of tie-breaking toDay?
Interesting note Rikae. I agree that at least one of those 3 (Sally/autume/Alona) are wolves, if not 2 or 3 of them. They do seem to be of similar mind and pattern. They seem to want to help each other out. I am focusing more on them. It is noteworthy that you have slipped in the suspicion list this day.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #855
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
First, I never said you were my prime suspect
I misunderstood what you were saying then.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #856
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Near top does not mean prime.

Yet you seem jumpy so I am glad to know of it. My vote is going to Autume or Sally.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #857
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Lisssstses, precious.

Look what Rikae writes! It is young, it is tender, it is nice! Read it!

Suspicious

alonariel- For reasons given yesterDay (seems to be trying to win people over, inconsistent) plus people seem to be protecting her. Seems to be using newness as a bit of a shield.
autume- Not making a lot of sense (although could be newbieness to blame), going with the flow overmuch, odd interactions with Sally and Alona.
sally- Both unsubstantial and touchy, weak and misleading defense re: vote, seems to be protecting alona.

Hard to read:
Durelin- She's posted very few times, although they were longish posts. There doesn't seem to be anything our of the ordinary, but she is capable of doing that as a wolf, so no read.
Formendacil- He seems to be staying outside the hotter debates and not particularly commiting himself to anything. A bit cautious.
Lommy- Something about her makes me uneasy, although her vote-switching defense looks honest so I no longer suspect her as much for *that* reason, anyway.
Mira- Seems excited, very involved, although slippery. Could be first-time baddieism or simply an extra effort to play well.

Under radarish:

Nerwen- Nothing she said really stuck, somehow. Lots of joking.
Nessa- I feel like she's trying to stand outside of the discussion, while poking at people to stir up annoyance and debate. Doesn't seem to be really *playing* the game, somehow.
Nienna- Very low-key and noncontroversial, seems either overwhelmed by RL or hiding from the spotlight.
Shasta- Definitely cast in shadows, that's all I can say.

Leaning innocent:
Macalaure- I'm more confident of his innocence than anybody.
morm- Controversial, aggressive, but feels honest and mormlike.
Rikae- Well, actually I'm confident of my innocence, too.

Of course, even if all my "suspicious" people are evil, this means I'm unsure about or trusting at least two baddies. Better look more closely...
Also, way too many people are under the radar for this point in the game. That's one thing that I dont' like about Nessa's comment on division: if anything, there are too many people in this village who haven't come under any scrutiny. Everybody should feel some pressure at some point, just to see how they react. Even if we don't catch the wolves, the least we could do is make them earn the win, instead of coasting there in the shadows!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #858
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Sally:

Day One

47 - banter… will need to vote early because she may not be around

51, 59, 65, 68, 76, 79, 82, 85, 87, 89, 91, 93, 96, 108, 111, 114, 122 - banter

72 - thinks Hakon looks fishy… too eager

98 - explains to Phantom that baddies can leave clues as well

102 - agrees with Phantom but says that she thinks that if gifteds were going to leave clues they would do it anyway and if they weren’t then his advice probably falls on deaf ears

104 - feels that if the wolves want to fake reveal then there is nothing really that the gifteds can do about it, but they can try

106 - still talking about codes - thinks that if you leave a code and you die your code dies too but if you leave obscure enough hints someone might catch on

109 - A hunter’s logical picks can help the village if they know them

218 - Hints should be obscure, early deadline isn’t going to work, surveys were confidential, Hakon seems ‘undevious’, bear discussion: if given the option we should lynch the bear first, explains things to Hakon, we can’t control the bear, doesn’t like Day One, is most suspicious of Hakon, says that if she is a bear she would want to kill the wolves but says that since she is ordo that is of no consequence, Hakon should drop the bear thing before she votes for him, enjoys Morm’s vote and retraction and vote again for Hakon

219 - wants to talk about something un-bear related

223 - threatens to vote for anyone else to discuss the bear

253 - Phantom’s a nutjob

259 - thinks Phantom’s suggestion that people vote for Fea is weird

274 - refuses to discuss surveys, offers herself up for lynching if it will save a gifted, votes Hakon

281 - really doesn’t want to talk about surveys

300 - thinks Hakon is by far the most suspicious so retracts and locks in her vote for Hakon

458 - trusts Phantom in RL so that may bleed into game but she is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, has no feelings about the newbies, Rikae scares her, thinks Pitchwife’s vote for her screams wolf

464 - Pitchwife is bothering her but she can’t change her vote so she is just letting everyone else know

469 - thinks Pitchwife is more concerned with the way votes make him look than the actual vote count

Day Two

544 - thinks that Pitchwife’s vote for her Day One might have been a hint because she was offering herself up if it was to save a gifted

547 - clarifies for Zil that she locked in her vote for Hakon because she was pretty sure he was the most suspicious at the time

551 - wonders why the bear picked Hakon and wishes people to discuss it while she is sleeping

628 - explains that she locked in her vote because she didn’t think she was going to be back for deadline and didn’t want people wondering if she was going to retract, list with Morm being the only one suspicious, votes Morm because he was saying that it was stupid to vote for Hakon and yet he voted for Hakon as well.

651 - agrees with Mac and is willing to look at Zil again

668 - offers herself up on the lynching pile

673 - won’t die just to satisfy Phantoms bloodlust but will if it saves a gifted

699 - rather not have a tie

703 - Phantom song: It seems she is suspicious of Rikae, Autume, and Shasta?... though I’m not sure… and now that I look ahead this might just have been for the song to make sense

711 - thinks Morm and Zil are suspicious and that Zil is just screaming at to be voted

716 - asks Phantom what he thinks of Morm and Zil

721 - wants Phantom to be innocent

724 - thinks she is going to have to take a look at Shasta at some point but won’t be voting for him

764 - retracts for Morm and changes to Zil who she thinks is more suspicious than Alona

Day Three

775 - is going to pull up Brinns posts

785 - explains that she wanted to break the tie that is why she changed to Zil

791 - wonders if Rikae seems a bit eager to suspect her

794 - still suspects Morm

797 - allows Rikae to suspect her as long as it is done for good reason

802 - suspects Morm because he is grasping at straws and for looking for guilt where there is none

806 - defends herself, is going to analyze Alona as well because she is looking suspicious

809 - calls Morm a wolf

837 - Nerwen looks shiny to her (which I assume means innocent)

It is really nice being able to see all a person posted and go through it step by step. To me Sally is not looking particularly wolfish. Her constant offering herself up for lynching is sort of weird but that might just be her being a nice ordo… it could also be her trying to seem like a nice ordo. Her changing her vote to get rid of the tie seems fine to me. She did state many times before she changed that both Morm and Zil looked suspicious so breaking a tie in favor of someone she finds suspicious seems fine.

What does worry me just a little is how she begins suspect people just based on others suspicions not necessarily anything that said person did to deserve these suspicions. If that doesn’t make sense I can clarify. For me Sally is probably about ¾ of the way up on my suspicion list. I’d like to hear what others think of her as well.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #859
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Nienna, although Sally said she'd vote to break a tie, she actually was creating a tie with her final vote (or rather, thought she was, and says so in the vote post). Now she uses tie-breaking as an excuse anyway.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #860
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

It seems that I have accidentally created some confusion. Below I thought that when Sally voted for Dun she was voting for Durelin.
So where I put Dun 1 it should actually read morm 1, Inzil 5. At this point alona has 4. So sally did break the tie.

Lommy's vote would make it Shasta 1, and Inzil 6.

I am terribly sorry for any confusion I have caused.

Quote:
Sally retracts vote for morm and votes Dun. Mentions doesn't find alona that suspicious right now. (morm 1, Dun 1)

Tommy retracts vote for Shasta and votes for Inzil. Mentions alona should be grateful. (Shasta 1, Inzil 5)

Brinn votes for morm. Doesn't give explanation, and unfortunately we won't hear it now as she has been killed by the Bear. (morm 2)
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #861
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry, I got quite ill last night so I ditched the computer in favor of....well, not being here. Heh.

And Morm, I 'calmed down' last night because I went to bed. Nothing more.

ETA: Oi! It submitted my post before I was finished!

Well, in that case I'll just say that I'll be back in a second. Fell asleep last night before I could do/finish my Brinn analysis, so I'll wrap that up quick and then I might have an announcement to make. We shall see.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #862
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

autume, yes, Sally broke the tie - but she didn't know that's what she was doing at the time, as her vote post clearly shows! She can't use that as an excuse now.
Furthermore, it's irrelevant how alona's retraction reflects on Sally's and Lommy's, since they all crossed with each other.

Sally, making an "announcement" at this time, if I understand you properly, would be needless and, therefore, exceedingly suspicious.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #863
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Alona, earlier you seem to have said that Lommy and/or Sally was not trying to save you, since their votes crossed with yours? That doesn't make sense - if their votes *hadn't* crossed with yours, the fact that yours saved yourself would speak in their favor, but since they crossed, it doesn't make any difference.
I said that I had no idea they were going to save me. I didn't see that they retracted until after I'd posted.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #864
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98
It seems that I have accidentally created some confusion. Below I thought that when Sally voted for Dun she was voting for Durelin.
So where I put Dun 1 it should actually read morm 1, Inzil 5. At this point alona has 4. So sally did break the tie.
Here's her vote post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh screw it.

--Morm

++Dun

I don't find Alona that suspicious right now. Sorry for the re-tie.

EDIT: x'd with Alona. Now I'm the idiot.
So when she posted, she believed she was re-tying...and at the last minute, literally.

Hello all, btw.

Sally, Nessa, Nienna, Mira, Lommy, alona, autume...so many to lynch, so little time...I guess I need to pick a few favorites.

I must say I could almost thank the wolves for taking phantom's advice, but I also think they are silly for actually listening to him.

It's funny to me that there was some quiet consensus that he was the Night 1 Seer dream...as usual? Perhaps we should lynch all you people who are convinced of such.

Or maybe we should lynch everyone with a sick sense of humor.

<_< >_>
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #865
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
autume, yes, Sally broke the tie - but she didn't know that's what she was doing at the time, as her vote post clearly shows! She can't use that as an excuse now.
Furthermore, it's irrelevant how alona's retraction reflects on Sally's and Lommy's, since they all crossed with each other.

Sally, making an "announcement" at this time, if I understand you properly, would be needless and, therefore, exceedingly suspicious.
*rolls eyes*

That wasn't even close to what I meant, but thanks for that.

Finishing my Brinn analysis now, if I may.

EDIT: x'd with Alona and Durie. And I'll admit to editing my post for the re-tie. I'll explain in a minute.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #866
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm maybe I'm sexist.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #867
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
I said that I had no idea they were going to save me. I didn't see that they retracted until after I'd posted.
What's your point, though? Actually, they didn't retract until after you'd posted, but that has nothing to do with anything. The important thing is, they thought they were saving you.

EDIT: X'd with Durie, Sally and Durie again.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #868
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
*rolls eyes*

That wasn't even close to what I meant, but thanks for that.
Well, that's good. If it's true.

Quote:
EDIT: x'd with Alona and Durie. And I'll admit to editing my post for the re-tie. I'll explain in a minute.
In that case, I'm tempted to vote for you just for that. As a matter of fact, that added to all your assorted wolvishnesses =

++Sally
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #869
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
What's your point, though? Actually, they didn't retract until after you'd posted, but that has nothing to do with anything. The important thing is, they thought they were saving you.

EDIT: X'd with Durie, Sally and Durie again.
So why all the scrutiny on me for the last-minute retractions? It wouldn't have made a difference whether or not it was me or Dun (is that the nickname we decided on?) who was lynched, the village would still be down an ordo toDay.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #870
alonariel
Wight

Just wanted to add - Art class let out early, which is why I'm on now. I should be shopping for supplies for Wednesday's class, but well, you know how addicting this game can be...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #871
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by me

K, finished (more or less) with my Brinn analysis, and it should be up shortly.

As promised....

So when I made my vote post yesterDay I re-tied when intending to break the tie. Saw that I'd x'd, edited it in, then realized I'd retied. Put it an apology about the retie and since I wasn't seeing straight (quite literally) it's in the actual post rather than the edit. If you want to lynch me for it, fine. It was an honest mistake and one that I'd like to thank Durie (I think, or at least she's the one who I saw quoted the post and actually saw my whoops) for pointing out to me.

Brinn analysis up shortly. Then....I think I'll give our resident psychic (Shasta) a lookthrough before I make my announcement/thing.

EDIT: x'd with Alona twice. Oh, and I guess Rikae's voted for me. Heh, didn't catch that. Go me.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #872
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alona
So why all the scrutiny on me for the last-minute retractions? It wouldn't have made a difference whether or not it was me or Dun (is that the nickname we decided on?) who was lynched, the village would still be down an ordo toDay.
On the contrary - it seems to have made a big difference to Sally and Lommy.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #873
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Nienna and Mira - both 'analyze' (=summarize, but that's what nearly everyone does) and come to very forced conclusions.

Nessa - No substances whatsoever. Nor anything amusing. If you're the cobbler you should be louder and less worried about lynching a wolf.

Sally - Bad reactions, weird vote (seems to mean one of two things right now), post #544 when talking about Pitchwife's vote for her...

alona and autume - Jumpy, defensive, while agreeable, and highlighting new-ness. Let's see some backbone! They're probably lowest on my list if only maybe because I have no background with them.

Lommy - Feels calm but sneaky, and I haven't agreed with anything she's said as I recall, which is odd to me. Hmm have I ever seen a Lommy-cobbler?

Nerwen - Not sure. Feels innocent, but...

Form - Feels innocent.

Rikae and Morm - I've been agreeing with them quite a bit, and am starting to feel uneasy about it.

Mac and Shasta - Who?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #874
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
K, finished (more or less) with my Brinn analysis, and it should be up shortly.

As promised....

So when I made my vote post yesterDay I re-tied when intending to break the tie. Saw that I'd x'd, edited it in, then realized I'd retied. Put it an apology about the retie and since I wasn't seeing straight (quite literally) it's in the actual post rather than the edit. If you want to lynch me for it, fine. It was an honest mistake and one that I'd like to thank Durie (I think, or at least she's the one who I saw quoted the post and actually saw my whoops) for pointing out to me.

Brinn analysis up shortly. Then....I think I'll give our resident psychic (Shasta) a lookthrough before I make my announcement/thing.

EDIT: x'd with Alona twice. Oh, and I guess Rikae's voted for me. Heh, didn't catch that. Go me.
In that case:

1) where is the post in which Durie pointed it out to you? I only see her talking about her own un-bolded vote.

2) why did you use doing what you said you were going to do, ie, tiebreaking, as a vote explaination toDay without explaining all this?

3) ...gotta check something...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #875
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
This just seems too desparate, whether or not it's the truth. No offense.

Not what I was pointing out, as no one could know that's what you did/meant to do.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #876
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sally's talking about my post #864.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #877
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
In that case:

1) where is the post in which Durie pointed it out to you? I only see her talking about her own un-bolded vote.

2) why did you use doing what you said you were going to do, ie, tiebreaking, as a vote explaination toDay without explaining all this?

3) ...gotta check something...
1: Erm, maybe it wasn't Durie. *checks* Yup, it was. Post number....*checks again* 864, I believe.

2: Because I didn't realize I'd done it until....erm, post 864.

3: Okie dokie. Enjoy.

And really, if I did something that dumb I rather deserve to be lynched. (Not looking for sympathy, I really do feel stupid.) The problem is that if you lynch me you're lynching another ordo, so just take that into consideration.

Oh, I've not posted my analysis. Crap! *hangs head in shame* Thought I had.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #878
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
This just seems too desparate, whether or not it's the truth. No offense.

Not what I was pointing out, as no one could know that's what you did/meant to do.
Fair enough. See the end of my last post.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #879
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

yes, I was right.

3) Sally, if you only crossed with Alona, and not with Durie, you were re-tying the votes as far as you knew at the time you posted. Durie put Alona at 4, while Inzil and Morm were at 3. You then (as far as you knew) tied Inzil with Alona.
Usually detailed explanations of errors and misunderstandings look innocentish (and you know that, Sally), but this just looks like a tangled web of lies that keeps getting worse and worse.

EDIT: far as you knew, not know. Also X'd with Sally, Sally, Durie, Durie.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #880
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

K, so I know some of these posts are rubbish and I'm sorry, but I'm quoting them anyway in the hopes that maybe I/someone else can figure out why she was killed. It's possible the bear thought she was leaving a hint or something, so it's best to have everything in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Don't worry everybody, things are going to be just fine now that I'm here.

*crash*

Ooh, so we're all explaining how we know each other? My turn! And I bet I can do it in one breath (and backwards):

.(temev'Isreyalpehttsuj,enoyrevetonllew)enoyrevewo nkIwohs'tahtdnA.detatssawsa,skeewfoelpuocaemocseta mesuoheboteraIdna,anneiN,aeFwondnA.daetsnimacbewehtnomihotollehdevawewos,emite httaerehtt'nsawcaM.eakiRotollehyasothtronpuevirdotdedicedewrehtegoT.ariMdna,anneiN,iraL,aeFadnuofIerehwarimlEotniwelfI,raeygniwollofehtfokaer BgnirpSemoC.yadhtribymrofemitnitsujollehyasotpirtd aoranoogotdedicedlicadnemroFremmustahtretalnehT.rehtieemagsihtniojt'ndiddnayll iserayehtecnisyrotstnereffidas'tahttub,dnalniFniel ihweineerGdna,oloV,dorgoNtemoslaI.emagsihtnitonsiohw,riznagAhtiwgnolatropriaehttaemdeteergymmoLniatreca,8002lirpAnikcaB

*phew*

Okay, now that we've got that out of the way, where was I? Oh yes...you people are all so very strange.

BRING IT ON.
Blah, blah, blah. And it's making the headache worse.

Quote:

Haven't you heard? Our dear Mod wants us to hit 7 pages by morning, or at least 5. Oh, how I love a challenge.
More blah.

Quote:
Do you really need him to say something in order to find an excuse to vote him? I've been told that tp has never been lynched and if that's true, than surely it's a good enough reason alone to be voting him.

On a more serious note, I will have to vote early toDay as I plan to see a Broadway show tonight (haven't decided which) and most likely won't be back by deadline. There's a chance I'll be around early evening, but just in case, I will probably vote late morning/early afternoon (EST).

Anyway, it's super late so I must go. It's up to everyone else now to post, and perhaps we'll make it to five pages by morning, though I'm not sure since it's emptied out in here and will probably be dead for the next few hours...
I know I'm leaping here, but it's possible the bear was unnerved by her 'wanting' to lynch Phantom. Oh wait, Fea's dead already.

Really, though, I've got nothing.

Quote:
I think what Hakon was saying is that if something happened like the seer revealed the werebear, then perhaps we could leave him alive to either have him kill a wolf or have the wolves waste their kill on him (as they may be worried that he will kill one of them) come Night. Then we can spend the Day hunting a wolf instead. I don't know if it's an idea I'd go for, but it's not stupid. We can't expect the bear to listen to us, even if exposed, so it'd be all about luck. If the bear killed a wolf, it be more likely he did without intentionally trying, and the wolves would probably only waste a kill on the bear if their numbers were down or they had a reason to think the bear would pick one of them as his kill.

I think you all are being rather harsh on Hakon. While he hasn't caught on as quickly as some newbies, I don't think he's intentionally trying to be confusing or irritating; he probably really just doesn't understand all the rules. And while that doesn't mean he's necessarily innocent, not understanding something is no reason to attack someone. I know for some old-timers this confusion can get irritating, but you should give everyone a chance to learn. Let's not drive our newbies away from this site, okay?
So the first Night the bear killed Hakon and then last Night they kill someone who was defending him? A pattern? A veteran player who didn't agree with Brinn's point of view on the kid? Heck, for all I know it's a newbie who didn't like that Brinn said newbies can be annoying. (Don't mean that in a bad way, but you never know.) Still, this would point to a very irrational werebear so there must be a better reason for a kill than just supporting Hakon. Did they perhaps think Brinn was Hakon's BFF? (Need to check the rules to see if that theory's even valid, so don't take my word on it of course.)

Quote:
I never thought phantom would be the most sensible one here...

I don't see what wrong with voting Fea if you don't have any other candidates available. She may or may not be evil, but the body count will rack up quickly enough as it is with two deaths per Night, so we might as well prevent any extra deaths due to modfire. Yeah, we have killed baddies on Day One in the past, but the chances we will lynch the bear toDay in order to bring the Night kills down to one are pretty slim. And anyway, I have to go now and I might not return. Considering I have no viable suspects at the moment, who else am I to vote for? I really don't feel like randomly voting another player, so I might as well vote someone who will die anyway. Either that or not vote anyone.

It seems most of you think voting Fea is bad choice. So tell me, would you rather have me make a No Vote instead? I would imagine that would be even less useful, but please enlighten me. I do apologise I can't make a reasonable vote due to my early departure, but I do have a life after all and I am horrible at finding anyone suspicious on Day One as it is, especially this early in the Day...
So....she agrees with Phantom about lynching Fea, because our odds of hitting the bear are slim and that way we don't kill a goodie. It seems odd to me that the bear would kill someone who was....not helping them, really, but ensuring that they didn't get lynched that day. This seems more and more like a random bear (as in a bear that kills for the reaction, not to win) but that seems wrong.

Quote:
I thought morm voted Hakon because he made a comment about morm fearing the phantom, but I could be wrong here...
Correcting me, I believe, but nothing really of substance that could hint to the bear about anything.

Quote:
That's because she'd rather hang out with live BDers than pixelated ones. Hmph. We should lynch her for that.
Heh.

Quote:
The problem is I have no candidates who I find potential threats, and anyway, whenever I do vote for the person I suspect most on Day One, I get suspected for it (such as last game).
Maybe the bear was afraid Brinn would randomly vote for them at some point? Heck if I know. Also, given her lower post count it's possible that the bear is someone she's played with a lot and they thought her quieter nature was indicative of her being gifted. But if I was a bear I'd be looking to get rid of wolves more than gifteds (especially with the seer gone) so I don't know what the bear's thinking.

Quote:
Well don't bother analysing my vote regardless of who it's for. If it's not a no vote or for Fea, then it'll be randomly for someone else. Unless I have time to return and find a real suspect.
Heh. Read my opinion of her last post.

Quote:
I was just saying that because the main argument for not voting Fea seemed to be so we could eliminate the threat of two kills per Night immediately and the only way to do that is to kill the bear since it'll take multiple Days to lynch the wolves down to zero. While it's difficult to kill a baddie on Day One as it is and we'll most likely lynch an innocent, if we do kill a baddie, it's more likely we'd find a wolf and not the bear since they are larger in numbers. Of course lynching a wolf would be great, but it won't reduce the number of kills per Night.
And again....why would the bear kill her for that? Blah.

Quote:
Probably because there was an entire Day last game that seemed to be mostly focused on me because apparently my vote on Day One was most suspicious...and I almost got lynched for it.

And of course I was innocent.
Again, not much to go on, so....erm, yeah.

Quote:
I really must go now; I meant to leave hours ago.

But fine. Since I know you all will give me a bunch of crap if I vote Fea, I won't. So my vote will be random instead.

++morm

There. Now I don't want to hear any crap about it since it seems you all were asking I vote for someone random instead of a soon-to-be-dead player. And so I have. And at least it's better than voting Hakon who I think is an easy lynch for Day One.

I might be back and able to change my vote, but don't count on it.
You don't suppose....I mean, Morm wouldn't really be that obvious, would he?

Quote:
YOU WILL CURSE THE DAY YOU DID NOT DO, ALL THAT THE PHANTOM ASKED OF YOU.*

But seriously, people. How could you let this happen? Any innocents who voted Pitchwife, or simply contributed towards his lynching, I hope you've given yourselves a good spanking.

After the events of yesterDay and his reaction toDay, I'm almost inclined to trust the phantom. Of course, that probably means he's evil.

Won't say much more tonight, as it is very late. I might post some in the morning and will definitely be around at some point in the evening...and I think I should be here for deadline this time.

*I just saw the show on Broadway last night and when I heard this line sung, I sensed it may become relevant to this game. So of course I just had to mention it.
First of all, the bear needs to die for killing her before we could discuss the show.

On a serious note, she's (of course) saying that we're silly for lynching Pitch, and she's trusting Phantom, but this was a village wide mood, so why her?

Quote:
I'm here! But I haven't read anything yet, and seeing how many pages there are, I doubt I'll catch up. We'll see if I end up voting or not; if I do, the explanation will probably have to wait til toMorrow, should I still be alive.

Sorry for my absence; I'm moving out of my apartment soon and have been busy enjoying my final days in NYC.
So the bear is killing (no offense to either Hakon or Brinn) people who aren't being helpful? Clearly the bear is Boro and he wants deeper discussion! Really, though, I can't see how it helps the bear to kill someone who doesn't have time to participate. It's possible they knew Brinn is a threat left alive and so they killed her before she could do anything of real use to the village, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Aw look, phantom's kissing up to me. I rock.

No idea who to vote for. It seems like most of the top candidates for lynching aren't even here, which makes me nervous.
Still nothing really to go on, if you ask me.

Quote:
Must I be the tiebreaker?

After yesterDay, I'm scared I'll lynch another gifted..
And again. Would Morm be this obvious? (By this I mean the tie between him and Dun, which I think was still in tact at the time.)

Quote:
++morm

X-ed: with votes

P.S. I'll explain my vote the best I can toMorrow since time's up now.
And again. Supports the theory that it could be Morm trying to silence Brinn before she can point out his flaws. Or it could be a setup by the bear to make us think that. Either way, Morm's of interest whether he's the scapegoat or he's eating it.

I know I had something more to say but I lost it. It boils down to this. Brinn didn't say much, and her (granted mostly random) votes were both for Morm. I think Morm's not that transparent, but it could either be a setup from the bear or Morm could assume that we'd think that highly of him and use it against us. Or, sadly, it could still just be random.

(Blah, all of that to say I don't know? I feel cheated.)