The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #1081
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Phantom, how would you know that?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #1082
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
One might presume he knows it because... that's what she said.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #1083
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Our phrases are stuck in their heads. The experiment is working.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #1084
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Our phrases are stuck in their heads. The experiment is working.
Oi! The pull string in your scrawny back doesn't leave room for improv, child.

P.S. And I know. Gorgeous, isn't it?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #1085
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Oi! The pull string in your scrawny back doesn't leave room for improv, child.
Unless you specifically told me it did, of course.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #1086
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
My brain is calling it a night right now.
Your mom is...
Your face is...thank God.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #1087
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Unless you specifically told me it did, of course.

EDIT: x'd with Durie, who wins the game just because of that.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #1088
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck
x'd with Durie, who wins the game just because of that.
Pwn'd!

You know, after this game no one is going to believe a word you say. If they ever did before.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #1089
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
All about Izzy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Get right to it. Nilp is not a Were creature.

Remember what I said yesterDay.
*scratches head* Hmmn... main thing I remember is you were a "Seer Tracker", had scried everyone (or something) and knew there was NO Seer.

And you mentioned saying this on Day 2, which is true:

#485.
Quote:
*shrug*
Could be, because there is no seer Gwath.
Only, a page before that, you said:

#476.
Quote:
I think I've spotted the Seer, but I'm not telling.
In other words–

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!

EDIT: X'd with lots of banter.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #1090
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well?

Where are all the posts?

While I'm waiting... YouTube!

YouTube.

And YouTube.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:29 AM   #1091
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So quiet...

WHERE ARE YOU ALL???

*is lonely*
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 AM   #1092
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ha! Kath was a duck! I knew it! Just.... who killed her?

According to Gwath, we should trust Fea, Mith, and Nogrod. Only problem is, there might be a cursed role of some sort (five baddies + cobbler from the start?), so we can't be entirely sure about them.

Mith is the phantom. Phantom's death desirable. Principle. Worth Mith's death, too? Not sure. Fea's style contagious.

I'm rather confused about Izzy's role in all this.

Who else is left?

Durelin. I think her innocent, but one evil person must be left, so I should be careful.
Nerwen. Same as above.
Lari. Same as aboves.
Nilp. I guess we'll have to lynch him eventually, though me might get a bit of a clue via Izzy now.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #1093
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well spotted Nerwen!

I'm very uncomfortable with Izzy - even if I don't think she's a duck. But a cobbler of some sort most probably. Then the question becomes how many ducks we still have and can we afford lynching her as "just a cobbler" - and what other cababilities she has than tracking the seer (I mean what is she going to do now?). Or could she be the long-ago-mentioned "good cobbler" (whatever that is)?

Izzy's #1040 still makes me think her loyalties are leaning to the dark side:
Quote:
Haha. Right in front of my face.
I think I completely understand Rikae's role now. I doubt she is as dangerous as the WereDucks.
At that moment Rikae was leading the votes with only one vote so it looks to me like an attempt to save Rikae who clearly was up to no good - and which was confirmed by her death.

Then there is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Because, I'm the Seer tracker. I've looked at everyone - and have found no one to be the seer. Meaning, there is no seer.
To begin with it's very hard for me to come up with a concept of a role which includes "seer-tracking" and being on the good side at the same time. But then again most everything seem to be possible in this game.

How about her claim that she has looked at everyone? Everyone? Like five checks per Night or something. Or PM:ing Sally like: "Are there any seers around?". And Sally answers: "Nope.".

Now why she felt a need to say that aloud is a good question that needs to be thought carefully as it would look like an insane "confession" from a baddie. I'm not sure there is a rational answer we could infer from what she has said and what has happened as the roles might be anything - but we need to try anyway.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:34 AM   #1094
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Ha! Kath was a duck! I knew it! Just.... who killed her?
Yes, I need to know. How can I cheer if I don't know who did it?

Quote:
there might be a cursed role of some sort (five baddies + cobbler from the start?)
*Nerwen once more brings her STUPENDOUS PLANET-SIZED BRAIN into play*

Hmmn. Also, if there'd been five ducks on Day Two, you'd think they'd have got Gwath lynched instead of Lommy, wouldn't you?

Quote:
I'm rather confused about Izzy's role in all this.
I think she's either another cobbler, a duck, or some sort of evil gifted (edit: or a gifted cobbler, like Rikae). It's odd her voting Nienna if she's a duck, though. Mith already had two votes. (edit: irrelevant if Mac's idea is right.)

But I don't think she's one of the good guys, somehow... Maybe she is the Seer-tracker, and her job is (or was) to find the Seer and let the wolves know (Edit for clarity: still lying about having checked everyone, obviously).

ZMOG!!111!!IM LIIEK TOTALLY A GENUIS!!!1111!1!!!!GO ME111!!!!

EDIT: X'd with Nogrod; clarification. EDIT2: left out a bit.

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-27-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #1095
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I would guess that Issy (as other brave players have in the past) was making an attempt to save Gwath after his reveal. There was a dream catcher in a game I didn't play in so I have no idea how it works. Maybe effectivey a good cobbler... a cobbler will take a fall for the wolves after all... a "good cobbler" would stick their neck out for the gifteds..

Nogrod, I read the post that freaks you as "I know that Rikae is the cobbler. ergo she isn't as dangerous as a duck". I wouldn't over analyse this it... we need to focus on killing ducks. And I think that even a shrunken flock must mean ducks rather than one duck.

Mac dear...I don't think Phantom's death is desirable ....(I would say that wouldn't I...) Mine definitely isn't...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #1096
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Nogrod, I read the post that freaks you as "I know that Rikae is the cobbler. ergo she isn't as dangerous as a duck". I wouldn't over analyse this it... we need to focus on killing ducks.
It's not so much the "she isn't as dangerous as ducks" - part of it, but the preceding part that makes me nervous, the "I completely understand Rikae's role now" -thing. That just doesn't look genuine.

Were she an ordinary innocent who just realised that Rikae indeed is a cobbler she would have said something along the lines of "Yay, I see now why you think Rikae is a cobbler and it fits", or ""I think Rikae is a cobbler" - and then she could have inferred that she's probably less dangerous than the actual ducks. That could have been innocentish.

But she said she suddenly understood Rikae's role completely! Practically claiming she not only knew Rikae was a cobbler but also that she knew what other cababilities, tasks and goals Rikae had - and armed with that "complete understanding" of Rikae's role she saw she was less dangerous than the ducks.

So it's a much more forceful defence - and is clearly based on something that is not true (I'm hesitant to use the word lie anymore after what happened I used it the previous time ). There is no way Izzy suddenly gained full knowledge of every facet that went into Rikae's role, but still she claimed to have it and leaning on it tried to prevent us from lynching her.

She didn't claim "complete understanding" of Rikae's role for nothing. Making that kind of untrue claims have a reason behind them.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #1097
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I would guess that Issy (as other brave players have in the past) was making an attempt to save Gwath after his reveal.
My thoughts exactly! Oh, except I'd probably substitute "lynch" for "save" in that sentence.

...Although I agree with Nogrod that she was also trying to save Rikae.

Meanwhile I think Rikae was trying to save Nilp. She was trying to drag Mith to the block, then out of the blue she confessed. What was happening then? Only Nilp going "Mwa-ha-ha!" and people arguing over whether he was a cobbler playing duck or a duck playing cobbler. I guess Rikae picked the second one.

YES! N3RW3N HAZ TEH AWSUMST BRANE EVA!!!111!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #1098
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Hey!

What if Nilp's "Fibonacci sequence" doesn't refer to the number of ducks, but the Nights on which new ducks are added? (assuming you ignore a "1"). So the flock started out with x ducks, and a duck was added on Nights 1, 2 and 3, and there'll be another toNight (Night 5).

*dies of own brilliance*

(Disclaimer: ...and it may also be a random comment thrown out by Nilp for the purpose of driving us further up the wall...)

EDIT: clarification
EDIT2: clarification

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-27-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #1099
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Palantir-Green Happy (?!) Alter-ego Day!!!

Sorry, I'll be around only for an hour or so. This fool--I mean, my host, had--or though he had, the stupid turlingdrome--an exam today. So off he went to school, not realising that the bloody thing has been postponed and so he wandered around UP doing nothing the whole day. But yeah, it can happen to anyone, especially if they only have half their brain, and that half's already rotting due to the weather and enforced holidays.

And, anyway, we can't stay late cos early tomorrow morning there is something of consequence.

So, I bet Gwath dreamt of us last NIGHT before he got his eyes plucked out by ducky beaks, and I guess now in the afterlife he's scratching his head, wondering who we're supposed to be. Hahaha!

I've done my purpose to the dead, and now to the living:
  • Feanor of the Peredhil: Nice to see you using them pronouns again! Modfire.

• Nogrod: Is too afraid to lynch Nilp, should we lynch you instead?

• Isabellkya: Revealed her hand too soon. Cut her hands off.

• Nerwen: Is cheering more. YAAAY!!! To the stake.

• Mithalwen: Is this guy's mother. Should have done the proper thing a long time ago, and left him to the wolves. Lynch.

Adam!

Shush, he left me in charge.

• Lariren Shadow: Is doing a somewhat good job. Too bad you're the only one left!!! Lynch.

• Macalaure: Couldn't lynch this guy yesterday, even if he could have. Lynch.

• Durelin: Errrrrm . . . Lynch?

• Nilpaurion Felagund: Should die. Now, if possible. Lynch.

Anyway, a village who can't even do a proper mass-lynch should be lynched. So my vote's a rather easy one:

++EVERYONE (and your little mod, too.)

Good night.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 03-27-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: I'm an alter-ego, for crying out loud! Italics, please!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #1100
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Says me,

Known not-ducks, says Gwath:
  • Fea
  • Nog
  • Mac
  • Mith
Not known by Gwath:
  • Durelin
  • Nerwen
  • Lari
  • Nilp
  • Izzy
Makes Day easy: Kill Not Known.

Can Kath-duck slayer kill again? One Night thing? Gwath with retributional powers? Modified-seer acts as Hunter?

Questions to be answered.

Still, lynch Not Known. Not so hard.

Izzy looks like cobbler-type. Not duck.

Lynch one of others. Kill ducks, win game?

Lynch Sally later, for collective headache.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #1101
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree with what people say about Izzy.

Any ideas, though, which one out of her, Nilp, Nerwen, Lari, and Durelin we should lynch? Unless we're dealing with a cursed role, one of the is a duck, but one looks cobbler-like, one gave his brain to a pawnbroker before the game started, and three look quite innocent to me.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #1102
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Not Izzy.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #1103
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nogrod.... this is not a game in which the concept of ordinary innocents has much currency. I think I can safely say that. You must have noticed and I think Sally pretty well said as much. Therefore Issy may be innocent but not ordinary.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #1104
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Therefore Issy may be innocent but not ordinary.
Sure. We don't know whether tracking seer(s?) is a goodie-, a cobbler- or a baddie role. It may be anything. Although it beats me how a seer-tracker could be a goodie.

But that's enough of the subject from me now.

We may do wise to concentrate toDay on those Gwath had no knowledge of (eg. the not-known innocents) as there are only five of them. But later on I wouldn't take Gwath's list as granted. If there are people actually changing sides then someone Gwath dreamed of earlier might have other allegiances now. That would be more probable with those who have been dreamt of very early on eg. you Fea. Were you a changed duck you would have reason to stress using that list...

And if we are going to duck-hunt, which I think the best route now, I'm ready to agree Izzy looks less a duck so I might be ready to concentrate the search to the four remaining people eg. Nerwen, Dury, Lari and Nilp.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #1105
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but as I gathered this informtion to myself let it be shared as well. So here's yesterDay's voting. Oh, the problem of making a good case... so easy to bandwagon it... (I've bolded those not known by Gwath)

Nilp ++ Mac (Mac 1)
Nilp – Mac ( )

Fea ++ Nilp (Nilp 1)
Fea – Nilp ( )
Rikae ++ Mac (Mac 1)
Nilp ++ Durelin (Dury 1, Mac 1)
Mac ++ Rikae (Rikae 1, Dury 1, Mac 1)
Mith ++ Durelin (Dury 2, Rikae 1, Mac 1)
Nerwen ++ Rikae (Rikae 2, Dury 2, Mac 1)
Nogrod ++ Rikae (Rikae 3, Dury 2, Mac 1)
Rikae – Mac (Rikae 3, Dury 2)
Rikae ++ Rikae (Rikae 4, Dury 2)
Gwath ++ Nilp (Rikae 4, Dury 2, Nilp 1)
Dury ++ Rikae (Rikae 5, Dury 2, Nilp 1)
Fea ++ Rikae (Rikae 6, Dury 2, Nilp 1)
Lari ++ Durelin (Rikae 6, Dury 3, Nilp 1)
Izzy ++ Rikae (Rikae 7, Dury 3, Nilp 1)

Lari's vote for Dury is interesting (and there was no reason stated in the vote post). I need to run so I have no time to check what she had said earlier. Dury's and Izzie's votes are rather insignificant as what comes to the outcome of the vote. It's hard to say how honest they were...

See you about five hours before the deadline.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #1106
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I read the post that freaks you as "I know that Rikae is the cobbler. ergo she isn't as dangerous as a duck".
The problem with this is that everyone had rather come to the consensus that Rikae was in fact the cobbler (and it was what Rikae was declaring most of the Day), so it wasn't as if it was a big revelation for her to realize that.

So I'm not putting Izzy aside. Revealing some kind of role in this game seems to be a smart way to remove yourself from the chopping-block. And, like others, I can't think of the purpose of a 'seer tracker'...unless they have other powers to perhaps protect the seer or can notify the baddies.

Lari still feels bad to me. She's been cautiously on the edge of things, acting the most like a straightforward wolf. She kinda follows the pattern of the rest of the flock, or at least the rest of the flock that is deceased so far. And yes, it's a bit annoying when she's twice voted for me for no reason.

Nerwen has been skating by without much notice, and her latest...theories are making me start to feel like she's another cobbler. We really aren't done with the fibonacci sequence yet?

Nilp is an enigma, as usual. And, as usual, I can't tell if he really wants to be lynched or not. But I echo the statement I made about revealing some kind of role...or at least suggesting at one.

Yes, in fact, you are all evil. I'm feeling very negative today. I blame it on the fact that my sinuses are ready to explode.

Here's the votes from days 1, 2, and 3. If we indeed have a growing flock at any point, though, the past votes may not mean much.

Day 1

Rikae -> Nog (1)
Mac -> Gwath (1)
Mith -> Lari (1)
Kath -> Brinn (1)
Lari -> Durie (1)
Nog -> Durie (2)
Lommy -> Lari (2)
Legate ->Durie (3)
Gwath -> Legate (1)
Mira -> Lommy (1)
Izzy -> Lari (3)
Fea -> Brinn (2)
Nienna -> Legate (2)
wilwa -> Legate (3)
Brinn -> Legate (4)
Dury -> Legate (5)

Day 2

Mith→Lommy (1)
Kath → Lari (1)
Lommy→ Gwath (1)
Bubbles→Lommy (2)
Wilwa→ Gwath (2)
Rikae → Mith (1)
Nienna--> Gwath (3)
Brinniel -> Lommy (3)
Fea -> Lommy (4)
Gwath -> Lommy (5)
Durelin -> Lommy (6)
Lari -> Gwath (4)
Izzy -> Lari (2)
Nogrod -> Lommy (7)
Nerwen -> Lommy (8)

Day 3

Rikae -> Mith (1)
Nilp -> Kath (1)
Kath -> Lari (1)
Mith -> Kath (2)
Mac -> Nienna (1)
Nog -> Nilp (1)
Fea -> Nilp (2)
Nienna -> Mith (2)
Brinniel -> Kath (3)
Nerwen -> Nienna (2)
Izzy -> Nienna (3)
Durelin -> Nienna (4)
Lariren -> Mith (2)
Gwath -> Lari (2)

I'd say something useful about the voting records but I really need to get working on some nasssty Latin homework.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #1107
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Pour amuser Sally

How many Phantoms does it take to change a light bulb?

One: He holds the bulb, and the world spins around him.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #1108
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

One for Nogrod

Q: How many philosophers does it take to change a lightbulb ?

A: Define "lightbulb".....

Old 03-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #1109
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

For dear crazy Nilp

Q: How many Lunatics does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to change the light bulb and the other to tell him to make sure he sticks his fingers in the socket first, to see if the electricity is switched on.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #1110
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
How many Phantoms does it take to change a light bulb?

One: He holds the bulb, and the world spins around him.
But what if it spins the wrong way?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #1111
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

For Mac

Q: How many mathematicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A''': In an earlier article, X writes:

Q: How many mathematicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: One. He gives it a philosopher, thereby reducing the problem to an earlier joke...

In earlier work, Wiener [1] has shown that one mathematician can change a light bulb.

If k mathematicians can change a light bulb, and if one more simply watches them do it, then k+1 mathematicians will have changed the light bulb.

Therefore, by induction, for all n in the positive integers, n mathematicians can change a light bulb.

Bibliography:

[1] Wiener, Matthew P., <11485@ucbvax>, Re: YALBJ, 1986

Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #1112
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
But what if it spins the wrong way?
We'll go back in time and the old bulb would be ok....

Q How many Modesses does it take to take a lightbulb?

A That's for them to know and us to find out....

Old 03-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #1113
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

For Fea

Q How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?

A Fish

Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #1114
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Don't suppose anyone plays the viola now?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #1115
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Dury's mom plays the viola.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #1116
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

My lord and master! Any instructions for your minion?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #1117
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I didn't expect a kind of Moddess Inquisition.

NOBODY expects the Modess Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Phantom*.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

But someone to talk to would be nice...

*oops sorry that would be my weapon..

Old 03-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #1118
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Full and overly detailed explanation.

I am a Seer/Dream Tracker.
Each Night I would submit a name to whom I thought the Seer would dream that Night. If I got it right, then I got the result of the Seer's Dream. I also had limited guesses as to whom the Seer was. If I guessed correctly whom the Seer was; then I would recieve all past and future dreams they submitted/received. If the Seer was to dream of me; then we would be able to PM each other at Night. Which is why I said I thought I knew what Rikae's role was. I even hinted as such. She was meant to stop the Seer from dreaming me. So the Seer and I could not contact each other.

Which is why I said Rikae was not as dangerous as a Wereduck. Because I was sure she did not have Night killing powers.

First post of every Day - the first two "paragraphs". The first letter of each sentence spelled out "Find Me". In one instance, during Shasta's death day - it said "Seek Me". Fortunately, he never did dream of me. It narrows downt he list of aliveplayers even more.

YesterDay - the whole thing about there being No seer, was a quite pathetic attempt at saving Gwath's life. I knew he was going to reveal when he said there would be excitement after his dinner. However, there were hardly enough posts to enter a post from me saying NOT to reveal - with out it leading straight to Gwath. However, there was never even any certainty that he would get my hint. I tried.

I'll be back before deadline.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #1119
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

the moddess announces

I'm away on a church retreat starting....erm, now-ish. The modduckess is in charge. Her word is law unless I come back and say she's a silly thing and overrule her.

Still send Night picks to me, but send them to the duck as well until my return. I'll be away toNight and part of toMorrow, but I'll be back in college after then.

Theoretically I'll still be able to call Day and Night, but in case I can't....well, that's what ducks are for.

Have a great rest of the Day! Happy lynching!

~~Your Moddess, Sally~~
Old 03-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #1120
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Let's assume we didn't get a new duck at some point, or that if we did, it doesn't matter. Otherwise, there are simply too many options to get anywhere.

I think I will decide between Lari and Nerwen, because I simply think that Durelin is innocent.

Nerwen
The votes: didn't vote on Day1, gave a late meaningless vote for Lommy, gave a crucial vote to Nienna, gave the second vote to Rikae.

Nerwen makes sense in her posts, when she isn't posting in character. Doesn't say anything that makes you wonder. Complains about being confused a bit too much, but also helps to bring light into the dark. Problem: she knows how give an innocent-looking impression.

She avoids clear statements of who she thinks is guilty. That's what I find suspicious.

Lari
The votes: gave an early vote for Durelin on Day1, which doesn't tell us anything, gave a late vote for Gwath on Day2, which could have been a desperate attempt to save Lommy, gave a late vote to Mith, which is hard to figure out, gave a late vote to Durelin, which again makes you wonder.

Doesn't explain her votes, which could be a requirement. Has been too silent lately in general. Hard to get any grasp on.

Kath has been after Lari a long time and tried to scapegoat her for Wilwa and Nienna's sake. It could have been a plan to sacrifice one duck to save two, though. However, Kath kept her three known fellows consistently safely in her innocent lists - why make an exception for Lari only?

Wilwa liked neither very much, while she talked positively about Kath and Nienna.