The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2005, 11:52 AM   #1161
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Mithadan is a modern day Tolkien, with a webpage devoted to his very own Mithology. He wears Hawaiian shirts and baggy white pants and whiles away his days doing yoga on the beach. His silver hair seems almost to glow in the light, and when he is not having pictures taken of him by tourists admiring the way he can get his knee behing his left ear he is creating his own worlds. Possibly influenced by pipe weed.

Rimbaud is a frog. It is his deepest desire that fair Princess Fiona/Esty will kiss him and turn him into the prince that he was born as. He will then rule his given kingdom of Gondor with a stern hand and many less ribbits. Though not necessarily less rabbits, as can be seen when Mithalwen arrives bearing news of the hares (or was it hairs?) of Elrond, which, as can be seen in the films, are slowly receding (or was that diminishing?).

Piosenniel is a gardener who does particularly mind if a newbie accidentally calls her Perennial. She kindly and gently replants volunteer posts where they belong and gently urges little shoots of clever writing into healthy growing tomatoes.

Bethberry got her name when she accidentally chewed an entire stick of Willy Wonka's latest gum creation and didn't spit it out before she got to dessert. "Bethberry... you're turning into a berry, Bethberry!"
Old 07-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #1162
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
I don't know about you people, but...

I have this hunch that Formendacil has amber eyes... Don't know why...

AbercrombieOfRohan, I haven't been to the photo page in awhile, but I keep thinking you have short black hair. Also, something like a green bracelet, or just liking green jewelry.

wilwarin538 has blue eyes, and possibly a liking for purple?

Gil-Galad has a photo of himself incased with a gold-leaf technique frame, that he puts above his computer. Light brown hair to medium hazelnut, usually short or sholder length.

~ Industrial <K>*{A}
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:21 PM   #1163
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
THE Ka is a drawing from an Edward Gorey tale.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:31 PM   #1164
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
THE Ka is a drawing from an Edward Gorey tale.

Encaitare is a beautiful cellorific tale brought about by the stringings of Melora Creager, Queen of Mystickally Eluding Cello Mind-Enhancing Powers.

~ Edward Gorey's hidden creation Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:38 AM   #1165
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
[

Mithalwen arrives bearing news of the hares (or was it hairs?) of Elrond, which, as can be seen in the films, are slowly receding (or was that diminishing?).
Indeed diminishing, going into the west with the remaining Peredhil...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:44 PM   #1166
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Actually Ka my eyes are blue, well blue/green really. I used to like purple now I like blue, as you can see my looking at my different avies, which are usually always blue.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #1167
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

TomBrady12: Kind've a cross between Tom Brady and Popeye. I guess right now I imagine him as Popeye in a full New England Patriots uniform (#12 of course, Brady's number). And I thought Dante Culpepper was a buff quaterback.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:04 PM   #1168
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! He's here!

Quote:
Nilp changes appearances as often as he changes personalities. He's been spotted by credible sources in a 50's sitcom style floral frock, with a lacy apron over top, and a short while later, he's been seen surfing in naught but swim trunks, not that the ladies mind. His muscular frame is highlighted in a rather becoming way by his dark tan. He's got black hair that flops, for lack of better word, over his forehead.(Fea)
The only thing you got right is the black hair--that flops.

If you want a good picture of me, squint long and hard at morm's avvie.

Oh, and I just had to post this: Kath is a two-headed Ranger-ess.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:08 PM   #1169
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Kath is a two-headed Ranger-ess.
thanks!

I think Nilp would be pale rather than dark, as if he's spent a little too much time indoors on the computer, or fighting to see which personality is going to come out on top today. I should say he is quite tall but slouches so as not to look his real height.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:06 PM   #1170
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! You're welcome, Kath.

Quote:
I think Nilp would be pale rather than dark, as if he's spent a little too much time indoors on the computer, or fighting to see which personality is going to come out on top today. I should say he is quite tall but slouches so as not to look his real height. (Kath)
Let's see . . . I used to be white, but I have to go out into the sun to get into the Downs. So I turned a bit browner.

I don't know about tall . . . I'm about 5'5" in height. I think that's a tad short . . . But I do slouch.

Altogether, a close enough description. Thanks!

Enedwaith, I have new mental images on some Downers:

Firefoot: She's short and she has black hair. If she could, she would never leave the computer, for fears of someone beating her to the answer in Quiz Room threads.

Fea: No, wait, she has a pic. So, let's describe her brother instead.

Keep: He's a bounty hunter. He goes around in outer space looking for fugitives to bag.

wilwa: She's blue. As in the colour, not the mood.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:21 PM   #1171
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alrighty, I'll try my hand at this. I've not been on for long, so I've only had a chance to form a picture of a couple people...

Piosennial - she's a young woman (mid twenties) who's got very light brown hair and brown eyes, about 5'6 in height. She's apparently good at doing several things at once and she's also a good writer, so I'd say that she often works at a computer at a desk in some college campus...however, it hasn't harmed her complexion at all and she's got fair skin very slightly tanned. And although she smiles often, it's a small smile and swiftly passes as she goes onto her next job.

Firefoot - Black hair, dark brown eyes (if not black), tall, slender, pale, and quiet, but very observant, and very nice. Almost thirty, or a little more.

Eomer of the Rohirrim - about eighteen, maybe, sandy blond hair, cut about the ears in little curls, brown eyes, and a big smile that's often there. Intelligent, humorous, sometimes insultingly witty, and probably a smart alleck. However, he's probably looking into double major at some difficult college pretty soon...

the guy who be short - Well, I'll take his word for it and say he's short. So, TGWBS is short, blue, impish, twinkling eyes in a darkly tanned face with brown, straight hair. No comment on age or job or anything else.

And that's all I've got for now, folks. (If I'm wrong, keep in mind I've only read a very few of these posts so as not to ruin my own perception before I posted...)
Old 07-22-2005, 08:14 AM   #1172
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund
I knew I shouldn't have submitted... You should um... describe me based on writing alone.

Quote:
Keep: He's a bounty hunter. He goes around in outer space looking for fugitives to bag.
*jaw drops* I... Uh... where... Right. So... you've successfully made my jaw drop. Were you aware that Keeper's an artist who's dabbling's led him into creating not just his own tattoo, but a comic book series depicting himself and a bunch of friends as intergalactic theives and bounty hunters? Yeah... wow. That's one mad coincidence.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:42 AM   #1173
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Folwren is small and slender, with cropped brown&gold hair, a few freckles across the nose, and big hazel eyes. Bookish when inside, woodsy when outside, slightly shy, tough in a pinch. Likes to watch people. Silvan & Fallohidish traits predominate.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #1174
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Folwren is an eagle/hawk/miscellaneous bird of prey, who is an exceptional writer/typer regardless of her talons.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #1175
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Durelin is the girl-next-door (did I mention that already)?

Folwren is actually much older than he/she lets on. I'm thinking probably around 60 (why do I think I'm at least 40 years out there...) though still with much vigour and audacity. Glasses, wild grey hair, a general mad chemistry teacher aura about him/her.

mark12_30 is a Downer I have never even tried to imagine or picture. But give me some time and I'll work on it. The only thing I have is that you are rather short. A Hobbit, more or less.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #1176
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
mark12_30 will always be small and blue and furry with gremlin-like ears and teeth, as well as very Disney, to me.

Eomer Has become stuck in my mind as Snoopy...but not Snoopy in his avvie, but Snoopy as a pilot, shooting down the Red Baron....
Old 07-23-2005, 09:57 AM   #1177
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

1420! Oh, well.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund
I knew I shouldn't have submitted... You should um... describe me based on writing alone. (Fea)
Well, I daresay it's your fault. Now, everytime I see your post, I know exactly that a beautiful young brunette from some place halfway around the world made them.

Quote:
Quote:
*jaw drops* I... Uh... where... Right. So... you've successfully made my jaw drop. Were you aware that Keeper's an artist who's dabbling's led him into creating not just his own tattoo, but a comic book series depicting himself and a bunch of friends as intergalactic theives and bounty hunters? Yeah... wow. That's one mad coincidence. (Fea)
Coincidence? Nay, my dear Fea. We Elves have built an efficient network of gathering news before the invention of the carrier pigeon.

Were carrier pigeons invented?

The carrying part, yes.

Right. Actually, Ms. Fea, he just made that assumption from Mr. Keep's avatar.

*sigh* OK, then.

Fea: A giant monster who lives in you backyard to dismember you. Works part-time as a Huntress for werewolf-infested towns.

Eomer: Is Éomer. Slightly neater than the movie version, perhaps. But still very much Éomer.

Oh, and after a unanimous decision, we have decided to change our image of someone.

Kath is now very graceful, and cuter than a button.

Oh, and to those who wonder . . .

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 07-24-2005 at 05:34 AM. Reason: adding link. and grandmothers issues
Old 07-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #1178
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Child of the 7th Age is half eagle, beause her avatar will not allow me to think of her as anything else. She lives with the eagles in their lofty eyries and goes flying when the fancy strikes her. Luckily she has hands and not talons, because otherwise she would not be able to make long RPG posts with ease.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #1179
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Kath is now very gracefully.
Graceful? Now I know you're insane! And that picture in your last post Nilp, was that you as a kid because if so you were so cute!

Encaitare I have a couple of images of. Sometimes I see her as the jester in her picture except in colour and with a bigger hat. Other times when reading her posts when the avvie is not there she is very tall with long brown hair and dark eyes. She sort of glides along silently when she walks.

I don't know where on earth that came from so if it's totally wrong feel free to throw it back at me!
Old 07-24-2005, 06:06 AM   #1180
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

1420! I had wrong grammar?!

Quote:
Graceful? Now I know you're insane! And that picture in your last post Nilp, was that you as a kid because if so you were so cute! (Kath)
Guilty on two counts. Yes, I am insane, and yes, I was the kid in the picture, taken about twelve years ago.

Although I still think you are graceful.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:10 AM   #1181
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
And that picture in your last post Nilp, was that you as a kid because if so you were so cute!
*chuckles uncontrollably* Oops, sorry.

EDIT: Because Nilp said so... *guffaws*

And brother dear, that description of Kath looks very familiar.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-24-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:16 AM   #1182
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Nilp, those white clothes make it looks like you had just escaped a Barrow Wight’s cave... except you don't have all the gold and such. But still, very appropriate for the Downs!

BOT (Back on Topic)

[This is really corny] The Only Real Estel has a sword and a spear with witch she fights off the fake Estels!

For the 900th time, The Saucepan Man, in fact, is a small hobbit like creature that spends his time plotting how he will rid the world of saucepans! Those accursed things!

You're right, this wasn't a very good post, I apologise. *sulks*
Old 07-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #1183
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm starting to imagine Folwren as kind of like one of my friends...

She is short and thin and looks very sweet and innocent with shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes. She is tougher than she looks, though, and is rather athletic and liable to knock people over despite her small size. She has a great sense of humor and likes to be with friends. She leans more towards the introvert side and likes to curl up with a good book and possibly some music to relax. She is about 16 or 17 years old. She wears comfortable clothes but is not without a sense of style.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:09 PM   #1184
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Nilp, you're so cute! Actually, you're now permanently stuck in my head as being a carbon copy of my friend Frank (the picture looks just like he did when we were little). Which isn't a bad thing, because Frank's pretty darned good looking these days.

And to let my imagination fly... careers.

I imagine that Boromir88 is a sports announcer. No, not just from his arm chair, but his is that disembodied voice that all of us have heard before.

The Barrow-Wight is Superman; we've been over that.

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a pirate.

Durelin is a ninja. They battle.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #1185
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I picture Kath as about 5'6'' (not sure how many meters) medium build with pale skin and either red or light brown hair. He hair is wavey and goes just below her shoulder. Usually doesn't pull it back. And I picture her age to be around 20
Old 07-24-2005, 01:51 PM   #1186
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Morm except for the age and possibly the build (as I'm not totally sure what you mean) that is scarily accurate! Are you a stalker or just psychic!?!

As for you I'm sorry but I still see you as that monkey from your avatar
Old 07-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #1187
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
[This is really corny] The Only Real Estel has a sword and a spear with witch she fights off the fake Estels!
My gosh that was corny (except the fighting of fake Estels part )! Especially the 'she' bit...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:19 PM   #1188
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, good grief, sorry about that.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #1189
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Morm except for the age and possibly the build (as I'm not totally sure what you mean) that is scarily accurate! Are you a stalker or just psychic!?!

As for you I'm sorry but I still see you as that monkey from your avatar
The build, meaning about average height and weight. I seem to get people's hair fairly correct. Eomer said I was spot on with his guess as well. Am I too old or too young for you?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:22 AM   #1190
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I know this has been said before, but Esty is - and will always be - Princess Fiona.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:05 AM   #1191
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

There might be a tendency to imagine BDers as computer slaves but I tend to imagine them as climbers or hillwalkers. Anything outdoorsy, really. They wear bright colours in their scarves, overcoats and wellington boots. O, and umberellas.

As for battling Durelin, I will continue to do so until I reclaim those precious blue stones. Arrrr!

I have finally been able to decipher mark12_30's appearance. She is extremely short, a modern day Hobbit. She has quite short yet messy brown hair and wears lots of clothes, even in hot weather. She doesn't notice it's hot though; she is one of those people who are usually oblivious to their surroundings. She may also be a bit deaf. She is feisty and will not take nonsense from nobody, dagnaggit! She carries a walking stick, not because she needs aid in balance, it's simply to batter those people who dare to insult or even question her. She is feared by small children and animals. On special occasion she wears a tattered old top hat, which has been handed down to her from past generations of a wealthy yet quirky family. She herself is not rich because she squandered her assets on magic beans and snake oil.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:44 AM   #1192
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
The build, meaning about average height and weight.
Ah well you'd be half right then.

Quote:
Am I too old or too young for you?
I'll take that in the innocent way it was meant but it still made me laugh And too old, though not by that much.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #1193
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
Durelin is a ninja.
I kill kittens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
As for battling Durelin, I will continue to do so until I reclaim those precious blue stones. Arrrr!
*bows* A never-ending battle in which good and evil have no place and the winner doesn't really matter because they're isn't one, yes...
Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #1194
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Durelin is a small young lady who likes black tanktops, and wears striped knee socks under her jeans. She is on the whole normal-looking, except for the giant flaming mane.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #1195
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Encaitare's got me down...except for maybe the 'small' part.

And to me, she is the Jester.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #1196
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
I imagine that Boromir88 is a sports announcer.
When I was younger I was encouraged to try Radio (more specifically sports reporter), as others felt I had the voice for it, but I found that it's sort of a risky. For three games I did announce for the Hockey Team around my area. I like the disembodied voice bit as well.

I must say that I don't even try to imagine people. When I view the pictures on Tigerlilly's website the pictures and my imagination just never seem to matche up(except for Only Real Estel).
Old 07-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #1197
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
And to me, she is the Jester.
Yep, that's me.

[the whole image of the jester is here, by the way, if anyone wants to see ]
Old 07-25-2005, 08:34 PM   #1198
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Encaitare is my avatar. She inspired the jesters, and she is the female one. 'Cai, you should see the "finished" version. I inked the original and scanned it to pick up only black lines then printed it off and colored it out with prismacolors and a black gel pen. It's sweet. The two jesters (the guy no longer has a staff and his leg is different) are dancing in front of crazy impressionist-style flames. I like it.

But yeah... you're the gal. Long, lean, inhumanly built, and with a penchant for fire-dancing and interestingly patterned body suits.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #1199
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I have finally been able to decipher mark12_30's appearance. She is extremely short, a modern day Hobbit. She has quite short yet messy brown hair and wears lots of clothes, even in hot weather. She doesn't notice it's hot though; she is one of those people who are usually oblivious to their surroundings. She may also be a bit deaf. She is feisty and will not take nonsense from nobody, dagnaggit! She carries a walking stick, not because she needs aid in balance, it's simply to batter those people who dare to insult or even question her. She is feared by small children and animals. On special occasion she wears a tattered old top hat, which has been handed down to her from past generations of a wealthy yet quirky family. She herself is not rich because she squandered her assets on magic beans and snake oil.
Well, you're right about the staff. But animals (and some kids) like me anyway.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #1200
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

1420! In light of my new avatar . . .

(Many thanks to Oddie-Woddie-Poo. May you live long in the game.)

Kath is Éowyn. The film version, at least. But still graceful.