The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #1321
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sally - that's awesomely crazy!

Anyway, after a pause of sorts I've been haunted by BD dreams lately.

The night before last night I had one of these my slightly dark and slightly twisted BD dreams.

Many 'downers lived together in a big house. The building's interior looked very much like that of my school. It was very late at night and I was wandering in the corridors. I thought everybody was asleep until I heard typing noise and saw a light in the library of the second floor. I went there and saw Rune sitting there, looking very worried.
"What is it now?" I asked.
"Legate has disappeared," he replied. "He's been gone for many hours and no one knows where he is. I'm afraid he has commited suicide."
"Oh no, surely he hasn't. Maybe we should try to find his original house with Google Earth. Then we could find out the phone number to his home and call his mum and ask if he's went back there."
We didn't reject or accept my plan, but went to look for Legate in the corridors. Rune stayed on the second floor (I'm pretty sure he met Lhuna there) but I went to the third floor. In the stairs I met Agan. She was dressed in a black dress and looked even paler than normal in the moonlight.
"What are you doing here at this time of the night?" she asked me.
"Rune and I are looking for Legate. Rune fears he has killed himself," I replied.
"He hasn't. He's safe and sound. You will find him eventually," she said very calmly. I realised she must know, for she was a time traveler and could have gone to the future and seen him there, alive.
"That's good to hear. Will you now help us find him? You must know where he is."
"I'm sorry," Agan said, smiling sadly. "But I'm not allowed to tell." Then she turned and walked away.

Then, last night, I had many short (and weird) BD dreams.

I was talking with Agan in MSN. Without warning, she changed her username to "Legate". When that didn't confuse me enough, she changed it to "Rune". When that didn't work either, she changed it so that the program displayed Oddwen's MSN address instead of hers. That, I must admit, baffled me so much that I had to check if I was talking with Agan or Oddie.

I'm not sure if it was supposed to be the same MSN discussion, or if it was another, but anyway, I was talking with Agan in MSN. She talked something about Nilp. She said that he was in a wheelchair and that he had been engaged to some girl since he was two years old. Then she went on to ramble about organised marriages being a total folly, and I just kept thinking: "Nilp has a wheelchair? Why didn't I know?"

Once again, I was talking with Agan, this time face-to-face. "I have a brilliant idea", she said. "Volo has agreed to help me here. Listen: we are going to invite various 'downers here and take them to UFF [a Nordic second hand chain] and make them select clothes. Then we will pair them up or make them kill one another or something else as funny. Doesn't that sound great?"
I was quite shocked. "You do... what?"
Agan looked me as if I was an idiot. "Must I repeat? We give them barbies and got to UFF and make them select clothes for their barbies. Then we pair up the Barbies, or murder them ww style, or something else nice. Kath will be our first guest."
I was relieved. "So you don't pair up or murder the 'downers themselves?"
She rolled her eyes. "Of course not. Silly."

Then, lastly I dreamt that my aunt had joined BD and Agan's dad had a crush on her (my aunt not Agan).

Last edited by Thinlómien; 06-08-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: clarification
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #1322
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Then, lastly I dreamt that my aunt had joined BD and Agan's dad had a crush on her (my aunt not Agan).
Now this is interesting. Because, you know, I once had a dream that your father had a crush on her.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #1323
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Not only did I think about the current WW game all the time I was trying to sleep while awake, alseep, half-awake (pessimist)... but I saw another weird (just now realized that it's "weird" and not "wierd" which is very illogical, but then again, things are) WW dream.

At first I was talking with my Finnish teacher on messenger or on some other chat thing. We didn't know that we were talking to each other before she mentioned Ukraine as a place she might go to. I became interested because that's where I'm from. I walked down into our kitchen to make myself some tea. Then I see that the teacher is there. We talk about how I have problems with writing correctly and that it might be because the internet language is distorded. Her voice was very hoarse.
Then I went to play WW on somebody else's computer, because mine was for some reason taken. I was too lazy to post anything - the keyboard wasn't my own and I wasn't used to it. So I went to get more tea. The teacher was still there and asked me if I was in Noggie's game. "I think you are", she said. I was completely confused, why would by Finnish teacher know anything about WW. I told her that I am in it. "So am I". Her nickname was something that started with "Aj", but I decided that I didn't need to know the rest, since there aren't many Aj-s on the Downs.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #1324
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Last night I dreamt that Rune lived across town and so came over to watch some television. I met him at a boat dock (apparently, in my dreams, we live in Venice) and he said that someone had jumped off the boat into the canal and committed suicide on the way over. Exciting.

We then tried to decide what to watch on TV -- Rune read the paper aloud and I said I wanted to watch a cooking show about making cookies but he thought that sounded boring. But everything on was really boring and he didn't know what he actually wanted to watch. This suddenly became a moot point when the electrical cords and cables inside the wall caught fire. I got a knife and we cut a hole in the wall and then severed the big bundle of cords, and inspected the ends to see if they were still flaming. Satisfied that they were not, I tried to crawl into the wall to duct tape everything back together so we could watch TV. Rune suggested we make the hole bigger to make it easier, but I was worried about my landlords being upset if the hole got to too big. He went ahead and did it anyway, but I found that getting the cords back together was hopeless. So I decided we should just take the TV out and dump it in the water.

Bad subconscious!

You know even when I've been more active on the BD, I rarely ever have BD dreams. Probably because I usually only dream about people I've met in RL.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #1325
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream that I woke up to discover that another five pages of WW had developed while I slept. Much to amazement, in reality the WW game only gained one page overnight.

Strange how my BD dreams all seem to be rather boring. I promise I do dream up wacked out stuff, it's just never BD related...
Old 06-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #1326
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
OH MY! What's that???

Well Sally, no problem, but it is really bad when someone starts to have Downish dreams based on another one's Downish dreams! Sort of a crazy collective subconscious.
....And ain't it wonderful!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #1327
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
When I finished reading Hookbill's exciting story on the Downer thread, I was sure that I was going to have dreams of a goomba running around with little barrow wights and running away from werewolves, but no... I had a dream about something else instead... I can't even remember it... But if I have a Barrow-Downs dream tonight (fingers crossed) then I will surely write about it!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #1328
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Last night I dreamed I wrote and performed a handful of Harry Potter comedic sketches for the benefit of Volo and TGWBS. They were very blase about it.

I'm sure the HP sketches must have been about how inferior it was to LotR...

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #1329
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Last night:

I had a dream about a PM.

It was a PM from Sally.

In it was a lecture on the differences in the modes of Ëalarin incarnation (Melkor/Morgoth, Ungoliant, Melian, the Istari vis-ŕ-vis the banal Valar/Maiar).

It was lengthy.

It was weird.

O, where is my Silmarillion?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:40 PM   #1330
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

The Dream That I Forgot...

I had this dream the other night that started out like any other bizarre and non-BD like dream. It was something about a bunch of kids my age and I were going to some weird place that was like school or something... But then I was all of a sudden on a car trip and my and the other people in my car were going up to visit Hookbill the Goomba at his house! Apparently we had done this before, because we knew the way and I think we were talking about the last time we went, I don't remember the conversation... But when we turned on a bend on the road there was a road block, and the road to his house (which was really a white mansion) was next to the ocean... we had to take a boat. Apparently we really wanted to go. When we got there, we went to the back of the house and Hookbill was showing me the layout of the hillside. After that (I don't know why) but we had to leave... I think something was after us. Anyway, we left and that is where my dream faded away...
Old 06-15-2008, 04:33 AM   #1331
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I had a short and slightly odd dream and so I better write it down before I forget again.

There was to be a race to decide which was cooler: Sumer or Babylon and for some reason I was running in it, the odd thing was that I was representing Ur. . .to me it make some, but not much sense that Ur should be represented.
Anyways just as the race was about to begin Lhuna appears on horseback and rides across the track and stops the race, she then rides of into the sunset, but before she disapears she looks back and give us all a real winning movie smile.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:59 AM   #1332
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
But then I was all of a sudden on a car trip and the other people and I in my car were going up to visit Hookbill the Goomba at his house ... (which was really a white mansion) next to the ocean...
I am English... Therefore I live in a mansion, wear a top hat and drink tea ALL DAY. It's nice to know I challenge the usual stereotypes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
There was to be a race to decide which was cooler: Sumer or Babylon
Sumer, obviously. Gilgamesh is such a funny word.
Weird dream, Rune. Of course, anyone on horseback simply must ride into the sunset.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:35 AM   #1333
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Interesting, Rune. What might have possibly caused you dreaming about Sumer or Babylon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Sumer, obviously. Gilgamesh is such a funny word.
What's wrong with Gil-Gamesh? Or was it actually someone like Grishnákh... I can never decide on this one (his friends were the Uruk-hai, after all)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #1334
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
I am English... Therefore I live in a mansion, wear a top hat and drink tea ALL DAY. It's nice to know I challenge the usual stereotypes.
I want to drink tea all day too! Out of my fanciful fine china... And I didn't think that all Brits live in mansions and drink tea all day!

Last edited by TheGreatElvenWarrior; 06-16-2008 at 02:14 PM.
TheGreatElvenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #1335
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Interesting, Rune. What might have possibly caused you dreaming about Sumer or Babylon?
Well, I do study history. . .and for my exam in macro-history one of the questions was something like this "Great empires often had great influence on agrarian societies, give some examples."

At first I miss read it, so I thought it said "great civilisations" and so I thought Sumer would be a good choise, but I realised my mistake and wrote about Babylon and The Roman Empire instead.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #1336
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I had this really freaky dream last night. It started with my cousin driving their van and it all of a sudden turned into a rocket ship, we then went to another planet. I thought, wouldn't it be great if I met a Downer... I did apparently... I met this person that looked like Brinniel's avatar. She said that she was a mod, but she didn't say which one... I went into a restaurant and there was this sign in the front and it said "The Barrow-Wight Himself lives here" And we ate there. Then we had to leave and we couldn't because we were their prisoners! When we were in that mess, I woke up... Thank God.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:06 AM   #1337
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
(Two Downs-less, relatively sleep-deprived nights, two BD dreams.)

Night 1:
A BDer cameo-ed in my dream!

It was about my family. The time was very early in the morning, perhaps around 4 AM. I was awakened by the sounds of my mum preparing to leave, I think for abroad. While we were in their bedroom and she went about making sure she had everything she needed, she warned me about haunting spirits around our house disturbing her and dad's sleep. I expressed some relief about being a heavy sleeper. And just then, Leggie passed by outside the room, almost gliding, rubbing his eyes and looking very sleepy. And then he never appeared again, until I woke up shortly afterwards.

I remember my dream self being very surprised to see him, but I am more surprised (and was, even while I was dreaming) that I didn't run after him and ask what he was doing in my subconscious.

Night 2:
All I can remember is that I was talking to RL people about the Pokey Stick of Doom.

I think you're witnessing a serious case of Downs withdrawal.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #1338
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
And then he never appeared again, until I woke up shortly afterwards.
Until...after you woke up? Is there more to this that we should know about?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #1339
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
I can't remember exactly all the Downers that pop'ed into my dreams last night, but it was definately BD related, in a werewolf sense.

Majorly what I remember is that there was suddenly an overpopulation of cyotes where I live, so for the most part people kept their animals, etc. inside during the evening and night. Then the cyotes started to dwindle because something was killing them off and people began to disappear. Then the dream sped up and for the most part I couldn't leave my house because a bunch of werewolves camped out on my front lawn. Then the next night more werewolves showed up for some sort of party, but a few Downers came too and were able to pass by the wolves with no problem, and ring my doorbell.
I didn't let anyone in until Lhuna and Rune showed up and explained that they thought I was throwing a party and that they had food with them. After saying this the werewolves started eyeing everyone so I gave in and let other Downers in.
I explained that the wolves were the ones having a party, and that they probably had been invited over to be dinner. The only other thing I remember is other Downers started throwing food out my windows at the wolves, and I was trying to stop them so they wouldn't settle down at my house.

I had another dream that was a lot shorter, but I was visiting Lommy and Agan and we ran out of bread or something so I offered to go buy some more. A Little Green came by and warned me that one of the bakers was a werewolf, but she didn't know which one. I ended up going out for bread anyways, and noticed that there was three bakeries right next to one another and stood there trying to decide which one to go into.
For the most part I figured I'd be okay since it was the middle of the day so I chose the left bakery at random. There was a long line, but I waited anyways until after a half-hour I decided that I'd find bread somewhere else. Then werewolves ran out of the back of the store and started ripping people apart, so I ran out after it became a bit messy and graphic.
I ended up being covered in blood anyways, so I just went into the next shop which ended up being run by vampires who shook their heads and one said,
"That's why you don't buy bread from werewolves."

I think the second was my favourite, just for the closure.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #1340
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
I think the second was my favourite, just for the closure.
Mine too. You have an hilarious subconscious, Ka.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #1341
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I haven't been posting my dreams lately... But Hookbill has been in two thirds of my dreams of the last three nights...

Dream 1: Sally came into my dream the first night and was really mad at me for some reason, I have no idea why. My dream basically consisted of her being mad at me and trying to kill me... It was really scary!

Dream 2: Hookbill was a tour guide somewhere and I was on his tour, Hookbill was showing me all of these landmarks...

Dream 3: Last nights dream was really weird, probably because I watched Doctor Who last night. But anyway, My cousin and I were in a predicament and I don't know why... All of a sudden Hookbill the Goomba showed up and was saving us from a bunch of dieleks (I probably didn't spell that correctly). I can't remember much more of the dream and plus I woke up in a very crazy spot. But still, it was very weird...
Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #1342
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Daleks.

Incidentally, I think I would make a dreadful tour guide. Too many colours and events.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #1343
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Thank you, Hookbill for the spelling tip! But you must not have a good memory then?

Oh and Hookbill, you should stop controlling my mind! I keep on dreaming and you keep on being there... I'm blaming this on you.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #1344
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ka, that's hilarious. Especially the second one.

Last night I had a dream a werewolf had just ended, and I was talking to Lommy.

"I'm busy, there's so much I should do," she complained. "For one, I should neg-rep all the players."
"Neg-rep? Don't you usually just rep them?"
"Well yes, but this time they all played so badly. The game was really quiet and they had bad cases against one another."
"But still, isn't that a bit mean?"
"I can always pretend I intended to rep them. If I write there positive things, they will think I accidentally hit the 'I disapprove' button, and won't be angry with me."

I thought Lommy's plan wasn't good, but didn't try to stop her, either. In the end she neg-repped at least Boro, phantom and Menel.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #1345
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I dreamed last night that Legate released a musical album in the 'States. I never got around to listening to it, because I was trying to read the horrible handwriting in the liner notes.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #1346
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Mine too. You have an hilarious subconscious, Ka.
Awh, thanks. It writes all my scripts.

Speaking of writing, I had another Downer dream last night which was rather short, but interesting nonetheless. I was working at a publishing agency and a manuscript came in with Lommy's real name on it and I went to review it (and then immediately ask her afterwards why she never told anyone she was writing a book), but someone in an office right next to my desk snatched it and took it with them instead. They oddly left their door opened a bit and didn't bring down the blinds, so I watched to see why they just 'had' to review it, plus I was a bit angry.

They read for awhile with usual reaction, then they got to a point where they were screaming 'No!' and as if they were in pain or something and immediately threw it out their door. I went to go see why, and they still wouldn't let me read it, and then proceeded to lock the manuscript in a file cabinet.
When they were gone I ended up taking a crowbar (don't ask where it came from, like everything in dreamland, it popped up handily), and pried open the drawer and managed to start reading her writing. The other person from before was trying to get it out of my hands, but I ended up locking their door and proping the crowbar on the handle.

I forgot what Lommy's novel was about, but I didn't scream in pain or anything and sent it off to be published since it was rather lovely.

So, happy ending. I guess.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 07-05-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: put shot instead of short... too much time reading the bad lotr fan fic drinking page... *hiccup*
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:34 AM   #1347
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I had a dream Ka got a personal title. She picked Always Evil. Sorry.

Then I had another dream in which Brinn and I visited Oddwen. I was apparently on a trip to the US, and Brinn was accompanying me. We had thought Oddwen would take us around the town, but instead she insisted on staying at her home. She lived in a dark two-storey house with stairs that looked like they were about to collapse, and she also had a teenage sister and brother who lived there.
I noticed that someone had written The Plastic People of the Universe (a Czech rock band) on a wall, and asked Oddwen why it stood there.

"My sister listens to them. She has two of their albums," she replied.
"Ooh, do you think you could burn them for me?" I asked, enthusiastic, and explained how it was funny that a Downer (Legate) had first introduced them to me and now I should find some of their CDs at another Downer's place.
However, Oddwen's sister wouldn't have allowed us to burn them, but in the end we didn't tell her and did it anyway.

Then Brinn said our bus was about to leave and we had to go. I was sorry, for in the dream Diamond lived in the same town, and we wouldn't have time to see her.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #1348
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

This is what happens, children, if you put personal info on the internet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
...Brinn and I visited Oddwen. I was apparently on a trip to the US, and Brinn was accompanying me. We had thought Oddwen would take us around the town, but instead she insisted on staying at her home. She lived in a dark two-storey house with stairs that looked like they were about to collapse, and she also had a teenage sister and brother who lived there.
This is probably exactly what would happen if anyone visited me. Except my house would probably be worth the stay, unlike your vision of it. But my brother isn't a teenager anymore.

Quote:
I noticed that someone had written The Plastic People of the Universe (a Czech rock band) on a wall, and asked Oddwen why it stood there.
"My sister listens to them. She has two of their albums," she replied.
"Ooh, do you think you could burn them for me?" I asked, enthusiastic, and explained how it was funny that a Downer (Legate) had first introduced them to me and now I should find some of their CDs at another Downer's place.
However, Oddwen's sister wouldn't have allowed us to burn them, but in the end we didn't tell her and did it anyway.
My teenage sister does not approve of burning copies...and I would do it anyway. She doesn't like rock beyond the Beatles, though.

Quote:
Then Brinn said our bus was about to leave and we had to go. I was sorry, for in the dream Diamond lived in the same town, and we wouldn't have time to see her.
No, alas.

In closing, you Agan, bear close watching.

Oliphaunts_Rule (the sister) also demands her albums back.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #1349
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
This is what happens, children, if you put personal info on the internet...
Honestly though, I had no idea you have siblings. Maybe I can read thoughts then. Cool!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #1350
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Agan and THE Ka - quite nice portraying of me. (Especially Agan .)

I had two BD dreams while I was away. In the first one, I was Victoria Beckham. I was talking with David Beckham and found out he had cheated on me. I got really angry, so he jumped out of the window. I thought it was a good thing, for he could not survive the long fall. I went to the window to see him fall. About halfaway down, he transfromed into Rune. (Honestly, I have no clue what's it with David Beckham transforming into 'downers. Besides, I only have dreamt of David Beckham twice in my life and both times he turned into a 'downer. Odd, eh?) And he was as lucky as to survive the fall, nothing happened to him. When he was on the ground, he met a fat girl who was dressed in a wedding dress. Actually, the girl looked a bit like Brinn, (except that she's not fat). And you don't need to be Freud to interpret this quite interestingly but never mind, it made me laugh.

Also, I had a rather complicated dream, but there were two rather funny parts in it. Firstly, I was on a cruiser ship on the Baltic Sea (on a ship that goes regularly between Helsinki and Stockholm) and found an ad of a b-class movie. To my amusement, I saw that Rune was in it. He was standing in some dark doorway; he was the villain of the movie. The second, quite unrelated, thing that amused me was a part where I, Greenie and Legate were sitting on a bench in the "yard" of my summer cottage. I asked how Legate's day had been and he showed me a drawing of his that demonstarted his breakfast. "Nice colours," I commented. (When I told this dream to Greenie she laughed at me and at the compliment. But really, I didn't say it in the dream because I couldn't think of anything else positive to say, but because the colouring was really beautifully done. He had captured the colours of the fruits very well.)
Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #1351
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oh yeah - I dreamed that I was having a conversation with Hookbill. The conversation wandered to memes* that we were posting on LJ, and I mistakenly pronounced it "mee-mee". I saw Hookbill's face darken with anger, and my hasty "No no! I meant "Meem"!" did nothing to assuage his furious uncloaking**.

*A meme, in this instance, is a quiz or test that is passed around via the internet.

**Uncloaking in the "unvieling of power" sense, not the "getting naked" sense, you gutter-minded people.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #1352
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had an eccentric BD dream. In it, in order for the EW to die, one ordo had to be sacrificed in the process. In a previous game, Durelin had been the ordo. She had not died, but turned into a unicorn. Now, Rikae the EW was to be killed and I was to be sacrificed. So, I kind of died and turned into a unicorn. However, I had a complaint: "I don't want to be the same as Durelin. I'd rather be a pegasus. Besides, Dury and I are both females, so we can't even reproduce, so there's absolutely no reason for us being both unicorns." The mysterious ModGod agreed and I was turned into a pegasus. Then I galloped away to the woods and to the night.

And no, I have no idea how my subconscious works. But I think it's brilliant at times.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #1353
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I dreamed last night that Macalaure was flying to the Philippines to visit Lhuna. She intended to take him to "the store that's bigger than the island!" on the advice of a local friend of hers. What island and what store I don't know, but this was Lhuna's friend's advice. And I'm not sure how I came to know about Lhuna's plans for Mac's arrival (pick him up at the airport, take him shopping), but there it is...
Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #1354
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
Oh yeah - I dreamed that I was having a conversation with Hookbill. The conversation wandered to memes* that we were posting on LJ, and I mistakenly pronounced it "mee-mee". I saw Hookbill's face darken with anger, and my hasty "No no! I meant "Meem"!" did nothing to assuage his furious uncloaking**.
That wasn't a dream... Can I have my cloak back?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:31 AM   #1355
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

In the dream I had last night, Hookbill wrote in the Downer that he would like to read The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling some day. Then Eönwë came to my place and wanted to use my brothers' computer in order to write to Hookbill on Facebook that he'd like to read it, also. Hookbill replied that he has a copy of the book, and Eönwë could borrow it if he wanted to. Then Eönwë left, and I wrote on Hookbill's wall that also I might like to borrow it, if he didn't mind.

Then I was suddenly out with Greenie and Lommy. It was dark, probably late autumn or early winter, and we were walking through Helsinki.
"We were once hanging out on Weathertop with some guy," began Lommy.
"Yeah, and then he just fell off the hill," said Greenie.
"And when we all went back to Weathertop later, he fell off again."
"He seemed to have serious problems with his balance, falling all the time. And besides it was dangerous to fall off Weathertop, it is so high."
"Then we started thinking... We didn't really want to say anything to him since it was a bit embarrassing... We thought he might have brain cancer."
"Oh," I said, and was silent for a while. "Well... Did he have brain cancer, then?"
"No," said Lommy casually, "he just had bad balance."

Then we entered some museum, and suddenly I wasn't walking between Lommy and Greenie anymore, but Hookbill and Kath. I don't remember all the things we talked about, but then we ended up speaking about my English skills.
"They don't quite match those of a native speaker, but it's just understandable," said Kath, while Hookbill refused to say anything and just rolled his eyes.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #1356
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Agan! I wouldn't say any such thing about your English skills, I think they're fantastic. You, Lommy, Greenie, Volo ... all of you speak fantastic English, including RL in the case of Volo which I am sure is true for the rest of you as well.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #1357
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Haha, thank you. Though I'm too much of a perfectionist to be really content with my skills, and will probably always be.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #1358
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a BD-ish dream last night. I can't really remember what happened, but I do remember that SpM had returned.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #1359
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I love mind control!

I've had a few Barrow-Downs related dreams recently... well since I got home from vacation... and they all had Hookbill in them... probably a side effect of reading too much Downer.

I had a dream that Lauri and I went to an Independence day celebration and Groin Redbeard was there, and we talked with him for a little bit and then I think we saw Brinniel and some other American Downers, but then out of nowhere came Hookbill, and I know he's not American. So I asked him why he was there, he promptly replyed "I can go wherever I want to go!" in a very snobby tone, and I thought that he was a bit weird... Anyway for our celebration he showed us a slideshow basically dedicated to Lauri because it was her birthday, I think that there were some P and As there as well...

I had another dream that me and some other BDers were at a place and I don't know where we were, but Lhuna was there and she turned into a werewolf, which is funny, because I don't play werewolf games, so I was confused... But anyway she was eating different Downers and I couldn't , stop her... But I think that Hookbill fell over, I don't know why but he did, but he fell down in what looked like a pew like you sit down on in church... But after that my dream got way scary, so I woke up...

Another dream I had was last night, again with Hookbill...
A convention for the Barrow-Downs was being put on and there were a bunch of BDers in one place that was sort of like a high school gym. But everyone was dressed up like pirates except for me and another person that had a Barrow-Downs t-shirt on, which I think was Gil-Galad, but I'm not sure... And I think that I was standing next to Eomer of the Rohirrim... But when the thing had finally started, Hookbill came on the stage looking very funny, but he was talking so he could introduce the Barrow-Wight. But the manner that he was talking in and the accent he had was very surprising. Because he had this strange American sounding accent and was talking about killing people and many different strange things... that is where that dream ended and another one started...
Old 07-17-2008, 05:55 AM   #1360
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wow, I can't believe I'm still included in BD dreams despite being absent lately. And I can't believe I still had one, too!

It was a BDer's birthday - I can't remember if it was Eomer's, SpM's, or davem's. The older Downers (mostly of the old Werewolf crowd, like those from the first 20-odd games, which in my dream included Evisse, Esty, Fea, Gurthang, Lommy, dancing spawn, Farael, Jenny, and Oddwen - sorry I've forgotten most of the rest) decided to have a surprise party for him, even if everyone knew he hated surprise birthday stuff. We were at my house (which looked nothing like my real house) and some of us were just waiting around for him to arrive. I remember being with Enca in particular, and I think Naria or Valier and Rune were there too. I heard Cailin (if Eomer was the birthday celebrant) or Lal (if it was davem - now I'm sure it's not SpM) arguing with someone that he - whoever he was - would just have to live with being surprised on his birthday. Suddenly the alarm was raised and all the Downers shuffled out of the house, and at Nilp's cue everyone began singing the birthday song in English at a dirge-like tempo while someone brought a birthday cake with lighted candles towards davem. Then Eomer (so maybe it was really davem's birthday) started singing faster, and everyone followed suit. I think davem did not get mad at us at all for the surprise.

Later, the phantom was giving a message, and for some reason it was about marriage.

When I woke up, I was lying on my LotR pillow with my roommate's laptop right beside me, a pdf file on "Self and Non-self Recognition in a Calcareous Sponge, Leucandra abratsbo" displayed, and Staind's "So Far Away" playing in the background. Some thirty-two hours later, I and my friends were walking towards our classmate singing the birthday song (still in English), and I had a mini pseudo-birthday cake with a lighted candle in hand. (I just included that last thing in case it has something to do with anything.)
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote