The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #361
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I must vote in a few minutes, and I think I'm going to vote either for Lommy or Caber. Is there anyone who agrees with me that we should kill Lommy today?

edit: xed with Lommy
Old 01-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #362
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++NOGROD

Brinn: Nog
Menel: Valier
Zali: McCaber
Kath: Valier
Sally: Caber
Rikae: Nogrod
Lommy: Nogrod

(Val-2, Nog-3, Caber-2)

edit: xed with Agan & added a space
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #363
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
The known wolf (Lommy) and the threat (known innocent who could kill freely once, after my deed known to you all) taken away with one blow.
While this is true, I'm seriously concerned that if you are the guardian and choose some other target, you are likely to kill a gifted (there are, after all, more of those than anything else.)

Certainly it's best if you take a different wolf with you, revealing one wolf while killing another - but at this point, the odds aren't so good for that happening. If you're confident about someone's wolfishness, that's your decision to make.

I still feel leaving you to kill Lommy during the night puts us in a worse situation, because if you are a wolf, we will have a shot-in-the-dark vote toDay, a dead seer toNight, and a good chance (especially with all the wolfish votes around) you won't be lynched toMorrow, either. It's just too risky - and even if you are the guardian, we still have a shot in the dark vote toDay and, if you are protected toNight, we won't know your role toMorrow so you won't be a known innocent anyway.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #364
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have to go now - those who haven't voted yet, please think carefully about what I've said.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #365
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I just noticed this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
If you die alone, we know for certain Lommy is a true seer. If not, we know for certain she is a wolf.
True. But when you realise she's a wolf you lose the chance to get rid of an extra wolf thus easing our situation.

Following my proposal you'll get the same information but after you see I'm right you also get an extra wolf as I do not need to lynch her. If you go Lommy's way you go wolves' way as there is minimal damage and threat to them.

I'm not sure about you Rikae. I'm a bit uneasy about Lommy's speculation about your trial. She might have tried to mislead us with strongly saying Greenie was innocentish while she was a wolf indeed and just tried to appease you by not suspecting you and pointing a finger at Izzy. Or then she covered you as her mate.

But the fact that you are sternly driving for the minimal damage for wolves scenario makes me doubt your innocense...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #366
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I must vote in a few minutes, and I think I'm going to vote either for Lommy or Caber. Is there anyone who agrees with me that we should kill Lommy today?
I'll go for Lommy if I must but I'd still prefer a scenario where I can deal her extra. For otherwise you others can't be sure of her guilt.

McCaber isn't a bad choice either.

I do think Valier has only been her normal self and wouldn't thus like to vote her even if she should show up indeed.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #367
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Nogrod, with these odds, you would have a better chance of killing a gifted than a wolf. Unless you absolutely have a wolf, I think it would be better to lynch you now and take a wolf with you.

EDIT: crossed with Nogrod
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #368
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I think it would be better to lynch you now and take a wolf with you.
Don't you see that is just what the wolves want? They do not wish to face me during the Night and they wish for their dead being the one already known to most others. So you would be in total darkness toMorrow and they shouldn't face me during the Night as I can still hunt as well...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #369
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Don't you see that is just what the wolves want? They do not wish to face me during the Night and they wish for their dead being the one already known to most others. So you would be in total darkness toMorrow and they shouldn't face me during the Night as I can still hunt as well...
What? Now surely that fabrication does not hold water...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #370
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ok, I think I'm going to be here until the deadline. I thought I would have had time to do homework and sleep, but hey who cares.

edit: xed with Lommy
Old 01-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #371
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Anything Nogrod says should be taken with a massive amount of salt. Sadly, thinking from you informed innocents' prespective, so should everything said by me too...

edit: xed with Agan: yes, ww is much better.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #372
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ack, I keep getting sidetracked.

++Aganzir

I would prefer to vote Valier, yet she hasn't shown herself toDay and I would like her to speak firstly. I don't like the odds of Nog/Lommy.. yet one of them is obviously lying. I lean towards Lommy lying.. but I must agree with her that Nog has a tendency of being a a smooth and bold wolf.

I choose to place my vote with Agan, because she has consistantly been against Lommy.. yet instead of voting thusly; she has added McCaber. If anything is speaks to her wolfishness, because it seems she has a bit of a case of tunnel vision.

X'd with Nog, Lommy, Agan, Lommy.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #373
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Even though I don't trust her anymore than anyone else here, I do have to admit someone has finally said something important on the whole 'ranger/wolf' arguement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I don't believe Menel's claim. I think a ranger should have absolutely no reason to come forward now.
Really, they wouldn't. If Nogrod is what he claims to be, it is of no consequence to what other specials like rangers/protectors choose to do and protect. Nogrod might attack a 'wolf', but he might also try to take a protector down with him, or any other player. Besides, even if Nogrod did know with any strong conviction that someone was a wolf, it wouldn't be connected to the rangers at all, since they can't protect a wolf to begin with. If you tried, Volo or Legate would tell you that you couldn't, thus you protect someone else. Which is why Menel's decision to randomly voice his 'role' is interesting. Beyond the 'I am going to protect you Nogrod, *nudge nudge* thought you should know that before you ask anymore questions *nudge nudge*', and justifying it by Legate's decision to voice his role at the end of day 0.1. Which if anything else, looks more panicked than sending a message.

Especially if you are a gifted, and you are the first vote of the trial days. Not only is it a loss for ordo's, but it always is a downer (no pun intended) to be voted off first. Naturally, in such a setup it makes one a little defensive or just annoyed/panic.

If Menel is another wolf, then it might explain some of this, but again it seems too blalant. Which in turn can be a good tactic if you try it when others are using the fun power of shock and surprise, to just ride that boat for awhile, but keeping a safe distance as well (a la 'here you are nothing to hide, just a simple ranger' bit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
When I'm gone, please don't forget the connection between Nog and Agan... it's curiously friendship-like.
If I remember correctly, on the pre-day, there was a little of that going on, mostly Nogrod cheering over something. Though, I am not sure how much reason should be put into those posts, since if they are wolves it's not as if they somehow developed telekinesis and had a lovely chat about it. Though, if they are, I do have to agree there is some sort of friendly rivalry at least. Though, that is only what I saw on my trial day, and only from the position of Agan.

I'm sorry with what others may think, but I don't see the immediate suspicion of Rikae. Even if she says that she doesn't have enough time to make a longer and rational post, she still manages to make good points.
Also, Nogrod becomes very defensive after her vote, which is natural of anyone who's been voted. Though, Nogrod has mentioned in his much earlier posts that even if he was killed, that at least others would be convinced that Lommy is a wolf, even if it costs him. So, I am a bit more suspicious now that he has become even more defensive. The guardian plan of taking out Lommy at night to thus prove his role does work, but also the second plan he noted being a sacrifice.
Whether they are or not, or what may be, I fail to see how ultimately 'evil' Rikae's decision and reasoning is.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #374
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
What? Now surely that fabrication does not hold water...
I hope so much that you could see what I can do...

Seven votes not cast.

Where are you?

Sorry to hurry you up but I need to decide both my vote and to PM Volo in time and so I'd really much like to see what goes on...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #375
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Whether they are or not, or what may be, I fail to see how ultimately 'evil' Rikae's decision and reasoning is.
I'm quite getting tired of repeating myself. The same knowledge both ways but minimal damage for wolves if I'm lynched toDay...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #376
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Sorry to hurry you up but I need to decide both my vote and to PM Volo in time and so I'd really much like to see what goes on...
Oh god... my drama teacher would be proud of you... not dropping the role even in the end... Underlining that PM thing would ring quite false to me even if I didn't know you're a wolf.

edit: xed with Wolfgrrrrrrrrrrod
Old 01-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #377
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++ McCaber
Old 01-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #378
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. Rikae's fast stepping away just minutes before the deadline made it. She's careful and crafty and trying to help the wolves case.

I will take her down if lynched.

You can take Lommy toMorrow.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #379
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Right now I feel that lynching Nogrod will get rid of one wolf for sure, regardless of if he himself is a wolf or not. Many of my thoughts here have been stated by others already, so I'll simply let my vote speak for me.

++Nogrod

Finally, my voice is heard!
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #380
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

That would leave me kill Lommywolf.

++ McCaber
Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #381
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It's myself and Rikae or McCaber now.

Think
Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #382
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
The first day without audience was more than chaotic, and no wonder, because the Wolves had been united by their master.

The sun had been up for ten minutes when, quite unexpectedly, Nogrod, the famed optimist, who had even written books about the topic, failed to look at the bright side of life. ”I've been in tight situations with Werewolves but this looks pretty nasty indeed”.

To balance Nogrod’s misery, jolly Thinlómien hopped into the scene. ”I've been a-footbaging and watching the stars a little and I've started wondering who might be evil in our gang. I'm fairly sure Nogrod is a wolf”, said the Orc-Elf.

”I don’t see any need to talk with you. I know who you are and you're kind of over-happy and nice, almost cooing on top of being a Wolf”, answered Nogrod after which he was left to the silence. Only the Moose-Hunter’s voice touched the air at one point.

Nogrod sat down on the ground and covered himself with the cloak of ever-dim rhetoric. He tried to doze but thoughts about his true nature entered his head. The Dwarf felt duty call for him inside his head. He felt doomed as he rose up and cleared his voice. ”Do not waste your time on me or Thinlómien today! I'm a Guardian. I have a license to kill one wolf on my own. I will take care of the Orc-Elf next night”. He looked into the sky and a tear trickled down his cheek and was hidden in the Dwarf’s beard.

Menel listened to the Dwarf and was grateful for the news. ”I think it may be time to reveal what's happening. I am the Protector and I think I’ll be protecting you tonight, Nogrod, so you’ll at least get the chance to survive for tomorrow.

The Dwarf felt empty and sick, somebody else would pay with their lives for his survival. Another tear fell into his beard as he walked up to Menel and thanked him. Were he taller, he would have hugged the Hunter. ”You were a good lad, Menel, when we hunted together. Having you here brings me hope and yet I can’t throw aside the disturbing thought that you have changed…”

Brinn, who had preveously been disgusted by Dwarves, agreed, ”I think it's more likely that Nogrod-guy here is telling the truth. Sadly, I must point out that your plan has faults in it”.

”And I thought my plan would be foolproof”, whispered the Dwarf in disbelief. It was odd that he hadn’t noticed that nothing was foolproof anymore. No laws that had applied before seemed to work in this place. A heavy curse lay on all of them and he could nearly hear somebody, or something laughing.

Everybody stood silent and grim, thinking about their loyalties and lives. While Sally the Dwarves’ Advocate decided to trust both the Guardian and the Protector, Taliesin found it hard to ajust into the new situation and Rikae distrust. Soon others arrived to give their opinions, but only when Thinlómien returned, the curse began to tighten around Nogrod’s neck.

Nogrod, you're evil. I’m a Defender and I know it. What you did was very cunning of you as it freed you from inventing messy dreams”, the Orc-Elf shouted. She took out her old, rusty sword and began rallying people to herself against the evil Wolf. Her campaing was most successful and soon there were others who shouted, ”Vote Nogrod and achieve true liberty!”

Nogrod on the other hand started his anti-campaing and general protest, ”Don’t vote Nogrod or Thinlómien!”, which was mistakingly simplified to ”Don’t vote!” by some.

While all of this was happening and different warriors had different thoughts, the Dwarf and the Orc-Elf had a staring contest, since they knew better than to have a fighting contest. It lasted many hours but in the end Thinlómien won and Nogrod had no choice but turn his sight elsewhere, which turned out to be Rikae. At the same moment the last vote fell into the bin. Nogrod’s life was at an end.

”I will take it upon myself to once again rid the world of the Evil’s minion!” boomed Death, or McCaber. As the fanatic man reached for his throwing knives, another dark shape turned into motion.

Aganzir, who was sitting on – or truth be said, under – her saddle which was attached to the horse in a most peculiar way, raced to stand between McCaber and Nogrod. ”Do not touch him!”

”Move away Aganzir! And McCaber, you heard her, don’t you dare touch Nogrod! This is between him and me!” commanded Thinlómien. The Orc-Elf walked swiftly to meet the Dwarf with her sword lifted. The Dwarf lifted his sledgehammer and tightened his jaw.

Without any warning she attacked. Nogrod was suprisingly quick with a heavy weapon like a sledgehammer and he managed to parry all her blows, but they were coming with such mad zeal that he found himself backing off towards the wall. Not even his positive attitude was there to help him, since the Orc-Elf had stolen even the last spark of it. Nogrod was less than two foot away from the wall of the temple when he found new strength and with a roar sent out a series of blows. Thinlómien was quick to dodge all of them, but one hit brushed her shoulder.

With growing pain and recless rage she slashed with inhuman, inelvish and inorcish strength. The stroke crushed the handle of Nogrod’s hammer and cut off his right wrist. The Dwarf cried out in pain and fell back to the wall.

Thinlómien grinned and put the tip of her blade to the heart of the Dwarf. She wispered to him ”There is no escape. Don’t make me destroy you. You do not realize your importance. Join me and together we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to Arda”.

”I’ll never join you!” spit the brave Dwarf.

”If you only knew the power of the dark side. Tar-Míriel never told you what happened to your daughter”.

”She told me enough! It was you who killed her”.

”No. I am your daughter”.

Nogrod’s eyes opened wide and he forgot his physical pain, ”No. No. That’s not true! That’s impossible!”

”Nothing is. Does my figure decieve you?” answered Thinlómien with a cold chucle.

”No! No! No!”

”Dwarves truly are foolish. You genuinly thought that I was born like this? Haha. No, you are very wrong. Very, very, very wrong”, she shook her head with emotion and a subtle smile. ”I am not a Dwarf. No. I am not an Orc either. Nor an Elf. Heh, I’m not even a Hobbit!”

Nogrod stared at her with disbelief, horror and fear, and a little curiosity.

She noticed it and asked herself, ”What am I?” Her grin broadened again and she said, ”Immortal, for one”. Thinlómien chucled, sheated her sword and answered herself, ”A Werewolf? No, that’s too obvious”. She shook her head and continued, ”Have you ever heard of the Ancient Beast? Well, that’s what I am”.

The Dwarf closed his eyes and fell to the ground sobbing.

”Ooh… You can’t do that now. You still promised to do something”.

”No… No… No”. Nogrod shivered.

”You have to, you have no right to brake the law”.

Nogrod’s sobbing quietened and he stood up with tears still clung to his cheeks.

”Here, take this”, Thinlómien said with well faked genuine concern and handed him a knife.

---------------~~

The other warriors had waited for the scene to end without moving closer to the two. Whether it was because of respect, fear or rational motives, wasn’t known. When they saw both Nogrod returning back alive and Thinlómien standing tall, they clapped and shouted with relief. Only Rikae turned her back and pushed her way away from the slowly advancing Dwarf. The Dwarf followed her through the crowd which made space as he draw near.

It was Rikae’s turn to scream as there was no place to hide in the circular dome. She could run though, but Nogrod followed her wherever she went. At last she turned to Thinlómien and asked, ”Do I have to?”

The answer was a ”Yes. It won’t hurt. Here, take this”. Thinlómien offered Rikae a heavy knife.

Unwillingly Rikae took the knife and out of pity turned to Nogrod, who was continuing his walk towards her. She took a few uncertain steps towards him and waited.

Both of them lifted their knives and pushed them deep into each other’s hearts.

----------------~~

When Rikae pulled out the knife out of Nogrod’s heart, he fell lifeless to the ground and tugged the knife he gripped out of Rikae’s heart.

She stood there looking at his body and thinking of tall grasses. Blood flew out of her and dirtied her shirt. She stood and stood and waited. Her white shirt had already turned red but as the blood dripped on her jeans it evaporated. And still she waited. Nearly all the others had gone to bed and there Rikae continued standing.

Thinlómien walked up to her and looked the dead Dwarf. She reached for Rikae’s hand and took it into her own. They looked at each other and then turned together to face the Eastern sky. A glow was coming from the horizon. As if a star raced over the sea towards them.

”Goodbye”, said Thinlómien and let go of Rikae’s hand.

Concern ran through Rikae’s bloodless face, ”You don’t have to leave, do you?”

”I do, I do…” she sighed and turned to follow the others into their bedchambers.

Rikae looked after her and waved her hand gently. Only long after Thinlómien had passed out of her view did she turn back to the glow. She wispered the name of the star and saw it nearing. Two smaller red stars shone inside the big white star. It let out a piercing howl as it flew towards Rikae.

A great white wolf landed softly in the middle of the Temple and all the sand turned white. He walked towards Rikae and bowed before her. Their eyes met. His red eyes and her white eyes. No words were needed as both knew that this would happen. She climbed on his back and looked at the dead Dwarf for the last time. The White Wolf leapt into the air.

-----------~~

Around:
Brinniel
THE Ka
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Thinlómien
Valier
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Naria
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya

Gone:
Legate of Amon Lanc - lynched on Day0.1 - teleported away
Roa_Aoife - lynched on Day0.2 - joined the dance
Shastanis Althereduin - lynched on Day0.3 - reincarnated as the first Man
The Might - lynched on Day0.4 - escorted away and sailed away
Gil-Galad - lynched on Day0.5 - disappeared in a gate to a different world
Groin Redbeard - lynched on Day0.6 - returned to where he came from
A Little Green - lynched on Day0.7 - ended up on the moon
Ugh-Friedrich - wasn't allowed to enter the temple after stage1
Nogrod - lynched on Day1 - destroyed by his daughter
Rikae - hunted down by Nogrod on Day1 - carried away by the Great White Wolf

---------~~

Day1 ended, Night2 began.

Don't post on this thread.

Wolves and Specials, do what you can.

Lommy choose if you want to be "immortal" for the duration of Night2 or Day2.

Last edited by Volo; 01-24-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #383
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If I survive this day

Protector - please protect me toNight, we can't afford losing a Defender now. I'm worth your trust.

I still have a nagging feeling the wolves are going to succeed in killing me toNight.

That is why I tell you the non-ordo is Valier.

Good Night!

edit: xed, obviously

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-24-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: cross-post
Old 01-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #384
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wait what? Eek I missed the deadline...
Sorry about that, I was just going to vote then I decided to refresh the page and volia... Sorry again. If anyone needs clarification on my vote, please feel free to contact me or have me post tomorrow about it. It wasn't Val, Cab, Agan, or Rikae if you must know.

Okay, I'll shut my mouth for today. Sorry again!
~ Ka
Old 01-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #385
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
”At last”, thought the Wolves.

-----------~~

Naria was sleeping in her chamber, which was quite tidy although small. The bed was more like a pile of rugs, luckily, clean rugs. She was better off than some of the others. But she was the one who found herself in this corner-chamber first and nobody seemed to notice her existance after that. However, now she was seeing a dream.

In her dream Naria was the land itself. A far off land, a big ball of land. She felt everything that happened on her surface and could move things by her will. If it hadn’t been a drem, the feeling would have been very alien. In all her glory, Naria was so small. Smaller than ever, just a little grain in the vast nothingness, or maybe everythingness. She was just like all the other balls of land.

A thought came to her. What if she would unite herself with the other balls of land. With no strain Naria forced the earth to turn into living creatures. It took the creatures bare moments to change into the perfect creatures she wanted, but the time felt very lonely, almost too lonely to bear.

When the creatures obtaining her became perfect, she commanded them to go and become a part of the other land balls. And so they did, forming a living thread from her body to the closest ball. She felt her awareness move across the emptyness and form a link with the other ball of land. Naria was now two balls of land.

Her creations moved from ball to ball and she grew. If the balls of land she came to were already inhabited by something, she would consume the creatures and convert them into a part of herself. The more she consumed, the more she became aware of the world and the bigger and more important she felt.

Nothing stopped her growth and her fine thread took over balls of land with growing speed. Only twice had there been true resistance and although at the time they didn’t seem important, later Naria found that she wanted to mimic the forms of the valiant creatures she had consumed.

Her movements of conquer became more deliberate and she began to be picky with the balls of land she took over. At times she cut her own threads to balls she didn’t need to achieve the form she wished to. Naria no longer had time to feel lonely as all her strength went on choosing the right land balls.

When her shape was close to her goal, she saw that it would never function this way, dropped off nearly half of her ingridients and began her search for very specific balls, which weren’t of land, but instead liquid. It took her countless ages to find them, but eventually she did and for a while she felt perfect.

She couldn’t enjoy the feeling for long, because suddenly a new power entered her world. She had never seen anything like it. It too was formed from balls of land, but they weren’t alive like with her, yet they kept together in an unfamiliar form.

First she tried to ignore the intruder, but when it started to take over what was hers, she had no choice but to consume the odd being. She tried to send her perfect creatures to fight over the cold balls of land that were bound to each other some odd way. But as much of herself as she send, the intruders send back twice as much and Naria had to either abandon her position as the greatest being ever or find some way to prove herself once again.

She decided not to give up but while she thought about ways of saving herself, her rival stole more and more of her. Too late she noticed that her perfect form was shattered for ever.

Naria woke up, tried to yell and fainted.

------------~~

When the morning came, everybody looked surprised by Naria’s disappearance.

Azaelia who had envied Naria for being normal, but not average, and Izz silently entered Naria’s chamber. The chamber was cleaner than their chambers, except for the body lying on the bed with eyes opened.

A handle of an iron knife stuck out from between Naria’s ribs.

Azaelia didn’t dare go closer to the corpse as doing so wasn’t quite average. Izz stood by the doorway for a while, but saw that nobody else would do it so she had to. She walked to Naria, pulled the knife free, straightened Naria’s head and closed her eyes.

And all the while Izz touched the body, little viruses entered her body and awaited for new triumph.

-----------~~

Around:
Brinniel
THE Ka
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Thinlómien
Valier
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya

Gone:
Legate of Amon Lanc - lynched on Day0.1 - teleported away
Roa_Aoife - lynched on Day0.2 - joined the dance
Shastanis Althereduin - lynched on Day0.3 - reincarnated as the first Man
The Might - lynched on Day0.4 - escorted away and sailed away
Gil-Galad - lynched on Day0.5 - disappeared in a gate to a different world
Groin Redbeard - lynched on Day0.6 - returned to where he came from
A Little Green - lynched on Day0.7 - ended up on the moon
Ugh-Friedrich - wasn't allowed to enter the temple after stage1
Nogrod - lynched on Day1 - destroyed by his daughter
Rikae - hunted down by Nogrod on Day1 - carried away by the Great White Wolf
Naria - killed on Night2 - conquered by a cold intruder

---------~~

Night2 ended, Day2 began.

Wolves stop PMing.

You may post on the thread.

Last edited by Volo; 01-25-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #386
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh my, Lommy, you know I was about to post and then I saw yours and I just had to reply because ... what are you talking about?

Nogrod was the Hunter, as evidenced by this:
Quote:
Rikae - hunted down by Nogrod on Day1
Which was posted by Volo in the narration.

As wolvish ploys go your one yesterDay was good but it's over. Nogrod was the Guardian, and as there can only be one special in a group of three that leaves you as Innocent or Wolf. I can't see an Innocent coming out against a Special, there is simply no logic behind that, and so I must come to the conclusion that you are a Wolf. And if I hadn't believed that before your post just then I certainly would after it!

As to Rikae, the narration says she was taken by the Great White Wolf, which suggests to me that she was a wolf. Obviously that isn't hard evidence though.

Naria ... why her? I'll go back and have a look at her posts.

What I do want to know though is something mentioned by our dear Mod about Lommy being immortal for the Night or the Day? If she has chosen to be Immortal toDay I'm assuming that means she can't be lynched.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #387
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Smeh? Where'd Lommy's post go? It came through the email.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #388
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

1420!

Thinlómien laughed. "What? I'm alive? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She danced an Elvish bellydance. "It seems I'm not cursed after all. I can't believe this. But what on earth happened? OMG, the protector must have believed me and protected me and the guardian killed Naria! Now let's hope she was a filthy wolf. I'm just afraid she maybe wasn't.

I got yesterDay's lynch... Nogrod was a wolf (but that obviously was no surprise to me). But it's so odd Rikae died too... They must have been the lovers! It is the only reason why they could have died at the same time. Well, I'm glad to be rid of them.

All in all, this is going better than I expected. For Valier is a wolf. Kebab! Kebab! Oh, iskender kebab, my favourite food, with you I'll toast the sweet victory: now you trust me and Valier the wolf will be dead. And the wolves will be in serious trouble! Yay! Sweet kebab with sweet kebab sauce!

Sorry I'm a bit hyper here. I'm just feeling so dizzy since I'm alive."

edit: xed with Kath x2
Old 01-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #389
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Okay, is that actually allowed? Deleting a post and changing parts of it?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #390
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I guess I must explain. I was writing a post and accidentaly sent it before I had written only about half of it. So I deleted and reposted. Hope that answers your question miss Kath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Rikae - hunted down by Nogrod on Day1
Silly girl to take it that literally. Haven't you ever heard a song where they sung something like "I'm hunted by your love"? The Swedish band BWO for example?

Quote:
As to Rikae, the narration says she was taken by the Great White Wolf, which suggests to me that she was a wolf. Obviously that isn't hard evidence though.
Are you silly or are you a wolf? White is the colour of ghosts. White wolf = Ghost wolf. Ghost wolf = the wolf who just died = Nogrod aka Rikae's lover. Simple symbolics.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #391
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Okay, is that actually allowed? Deleting a post and changing parts of it?
I don't know. It was an accident and I'm sorry. But I don't have the version that I accidentally posted. If you do have it in your e-mail, you can post it on this thread just to be on the safe side of the rules?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #392
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Considering it wasn't hugely different I'm inclined to leave it. Plus I think most people get email alerts so they'd be able to read it as it was anyway. I was just bemused when it disappeared.

And I will say I'm impressed with your efforts, but you still come across as a desperate wolf.

Now, are you going to answer that question about being Immortal?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #393
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Now, are you going to answer that question about being Immortal?
Immortal? I'm always immortal. For your information, my real life is dervied from the Greek name Athanasia, which means "immortal", so of course I can't die.

Obviously, dear Kathwolf, I can't give you that information. It's too dangerous.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #394
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

If Rikae wasn't a wolf and the wolves lynch one innocent (or no one) today, they win.

I really don't know what to think of the narration. Rikae's death looks like that of a wolf, but if Volo isn't going to reveal the roles in public I fail to see why he would give hints in the narrations either. So better not count on that.

Voted for Nogrod:
Brinniel, Rikae, Lommy, McCaber.
And they all look(ed) more or less bad.
Brinn because she kept hesitating. "I don't know whom to believe" stuff always makes me wary.
Rikae for how she kept questioning Nog.
Lommy for quite obvious reasons.
Cab's vote was obviously in regards of self-preservation, but there's the same wrong thing as with Greenie's vote: he doesn't mention he's leading in votes; he votes Noggie "only" because there's a chance that he'll take a wolf with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caber, the post before voting
Nogrod, with these odds, you would have a better chance of killing a gifted than a wolf. Unless you absolutely have a wolf, I think it would be better to lynch you now and take a wolf with you.
I don't understand this statement since Nog was absolutely having a wolf.
Nog was going to kill Lommy in the night. Nog said he considered hunting Rikae. And then comes Caber and says it'd be better to lynch Nog, which would mean only one person dying with him. That screams wolf to me.

I wouldn't be ready to risk lynching Lommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell
I choose to place my vote with Agan, because she has consistantly been against Lommy.. yet instead of voting thusly; she has added McCaber. If anything is speaks to her wolfishness, because it seems she has a bit of a case of tunnel vision.
I didn't vote her for reasons I found quite obvious. If Nog said he'd rather kill her at night, ok then, though I would have preferred to lynch her. And I would have preferred not to lynch Nog. So instead of demonstrating & being the only one to vote Lommy I rather voted for another I found suspicious.

edit: xed with three Lommys and Kath & soon off to sleep.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #395
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I, for one, would consider lynching Lommy, given that Nogrod indeed appears to be a Hunter, and think she's probably the best choice.

Valier is still suspicious, for reasons I mentioned yesterDay. She's second on my list.

McCaber, well I do see some wolfishness in his behavior, but I think it would be a little risky to lynch him just yet rather than one of the other two I mentioned.

By the way, if Nogrod was a wolf instead of a Gifted, as has been suggested, lynching Lommy wouldn't instantly kill us, since with Nogrod dead the wolves would not equal us in numbers. Still, we need to be cautious. I also note that Lommy has implicated Valier as a wolf, suggesting the two of them aren't both Wolves. Could likely be a trick in case one or the other is lynched: It makes the survivor look like an innocent.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #396
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Menel, you're wrong.

And yes, go on and lynch me and I'll die as a martyr and you'll know I was innocent...
Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #397
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm going to sleep now and will be back in the early-ish afternoon my time (which is GMT+2).

Please think about everything I've said.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #398
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
What I do want to know though is something mentioned by our dear Mod about Lommy being immortal for the Night or the Day? If she has chosen to be Immortal toDay I'm assuming that means she can't be lynched.
I believe it is because Lommy cast the tie-breaking/ decisive vote. Thus, she gains immortality for that night and the next day I believe. Not too sure about the latter, but I know it is true for that night.

Not too sure whether I was supposed to say that either, but I think it is in the rules, somewhere. Sorry if that was a 'no-no', but for once I finally know the mechanics. Yay...

Though, I am much more perplexed why Naria was attacked by the wolves. It makes little sense, beyond giving some insight on how well the wolves faired with their PM's last night, which should be good news I guess, but I dunno. Still am suspicious about exactly why.

Quote:
Are you silly or are you a wolf? White is the colour of ghosts. White wolf = Ghost wolf. Ghost wolf = the wolf who just died = Nogrod aka Rikae's lover. Simple symbolics.
Speaking of symbolism, when I read that I kept thinking of the 'Great White Buffalo'... Which, I doubt Volo used in any connection to Rikae, because it is completely change the whole meaning. The interpretations so far are much more appropriate.

Just wished to check in, I won't be available for some time tomorrow, I have to go in for some school-related testing, but should be able to check in after that. My time is GMT-8:00 and I should be gone from 6am-11am. If that is of any help.
Okay, I am going back to reading posts now, should have something better to say soon.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-25-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #399
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I would actually suggest not voting Lommy toDay. We have still had no real answer about this Immortal thing and if we do try to lynch her toDay only to find that we can't it means a wasted lynch.

So, I would suggest leaving Lommy for now and trying to catch a different wolf. Presumably she can't choose to be Immortal every Day so we'll be able to get her eventually.

Ah! In fact I've just seen Ka's post about that so it looks like she will become available to lynch tomorrow.

In which case, who else do we have as possible wolves? My list of yesterDay was:
Lommy
McCaber
Valier
Ka

I'm recanting my suspicion of Ka somewhat mostly because she came out with the Immortality explanation. I'm aware that was in the rules but if she was a wolf I doubt she'd help us avoid the possibility of a wasted lynch. So, let's have a look at McCaber and Valier.

McCaber - explains his lack of a vote clearly blaming RL reasons (which can't be argued with) and says he would have voted Roa because Naria came across as very innocent. If McCaber was a wolf it would make quite a lot of sense to have killed someone he so clearly marked as innocent to avoid suspicion. Mentions Lommy but tries to deflect attention from her. Pretty keen on lynching Nog though, which does alter my thoughts a bit. Lommy was trying very hard to stay alive yesterDay, would a fellow wolf be quite so bold as to try and get her killed even if it was through Nog? I don't know. It is possible, McCaber does seem to get this game and so I think he would be aware that this might possibly put him in a good light.

Now as far as I can see Valier didn't post or vote. Was there an RL reason for that which I missed?

Oh yes, and Naria, I said I would look at why she was killed but there's nothing to look at. She made one post and didn't vote, so the choice of her was probably made for it's safety. How can there be trails if she never spoke?

So I think overall my opinion of McCaber is still much the same as yesterDay, as well as that of Valier although I would like to hear something from her. It's just, you have two people in a Day that don't talk and that's Valier and Naria. Everyone knows Valier's instincts, why not get rid of her if you have the chance? Well, because she is a wolf. So my vote is likely to go to one of them toDay considering this possible Immortality of Lommy.

EDIT: That third sentence, I mean Lommy will become available to lynch not Ka.

Last edited by Kath; 01-26-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #400
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just to clarify the rules with a quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
-The player to cast the decisive vote during a Stage2 Day may PM the Mod and choose to be protected either for the next Night or the next Day.
Lommy is a wolf. Nogrod proved his honesty with his death and hunt of Rikae. I admit I find it a bit strange he chose her rather than a known wolf, but I suppose it's because he was confident we'd have two wolves this way...let's hope he's right. While she may be very clever with her Rikae and Nogrod are lovers trick, she just saying that to confuse us. We can't believe anything Lommy says.

And of course to lynch her would just be foolish. We can't know when she chose to be protected and I'd rather not risk it. We can always lynch Lommy toMorrow; we just have to make sure we don't let her make the decisive vote again.

Right now, I honestly don't like how Menel pulls for the lynching of Lommy...after Kath's post, he should know it would be too risky. He also leaves open the slight possiblity of Lommy's innocence, which I don't believe for one second...wavering even slightly about something like that seems wolfy to me.

I also want a closer look at McCaber...some of the things he said yesterDay made me uneasy. I will take a better look at his posts later.

Right now, I must head off to the shower and then bed because I am completely exhausted. A reminder that I must vote extremely early toDay...I should be able to return briefly in the morning, but that is all. Very sorry about that.