The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2015, 03:15 AM   #1001
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Greetings, fellow-corpses!

First things first- Formendacil and Mormegil are wolves. Dreamed them last Night.
Splendid, I say. Really at least morm started looking terribly fishy lately (along with Eomer, if you ask me) and the general unhelpfulness of these people who were kinda hanging around, knowing that they should make a list for the Dead so that we can vote, but kinda didn't, that was really bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
So actually, it would be in our best interests today if the Living didn't manage to come up with a list for us, so we could just cast our doubling vote for someone who votes for Form or morm. Undoubtedly they will be much more on top of their game though and leave us no way to communicate the intended message...
It seems to be under debate, but yeah, I think we should try to cast our vote in order to empower the lynch we agree on. And they could even be clever enough to get that as a message.

Quote:
So, my dreams were-

Night One: phantom and Shasta.. Ordo and Ranger.

Night Two: Aganzir and Mac. Hunter and Wolf.

Night Three: Lommy and Lottie. Ordo and Wolf.

Night Four: Firefoot and Eomer.. Ordos.

Night Five: Form and Morm. Wolves.
Nilp, I hope you are taking notes (I hope you make it back).

For that matter, sadly I can't participate in the spamming now, gotta go painting walls, but, I'll be back later today!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:21 AM   #1002
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Welcome Nerwen!

And in case you really are ther Seer, that was a superb job! Hooray!

That reservation sure is a normal WW-procedure as in this game we all know anything can happen, but yes, I'm buiyng your seership for the time being as I don't have any major reason not to and we can hopefully even get some more evidence on it.

If things are that way then, it's great we have five wolves caught. The next task is to get two of them lynched in the Living Thread. With three of them here to derail the voting we need to be careful - and hope for the Living making some wise and early decisions we can then stick with.

Surely, I think, our main goal toDay will be giving an extra vote to someone voting either morm or Form - and hopefully helping in lynching him.

But yes, so many things can happen, like no one votes either of them etc.

Feeling good, anyway.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:54 AM   #1003
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lottie, is it late evening or early morning for you? That is, should I do a lot of spamming before you go to bed or wait for others to help?
Old 06-10-2015, 03:58 AM   #1004
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Wait... seer? I can only assume this is why Eomer was calling me denser than dense yesterDay, but--just so I'm clear here--she didn't actually say "I'm the seer" anywhere, right? That's just the inference people have made
Oh look at that genuine consternation!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:23 AM   #1005
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I was considering Form because of his previous days posting, which got really creepy, really quickly. But I'm trying to exercise a little bit of restraint and caution. I'm completely off today so I can dedicate some additional effort to lynching wolves during the day as well.
Throw your caution to the wind, man!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:51 AM   #1006
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
It did take the Living five hours to get from the top of page 17 to the top of page 18 in their thread...
Now Boro has a day off so we may need to hurry though! We have (after this) 40 to go, they 42.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:54 AM   #1007
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Anyone read any good books or seen an interesting movie lately?
I loved Mad Max: Fury Road! I suppose quoting it might have counted as a ranger/lover hint to those who have seen it - after all I cultivated Warboy references. I live, I die, I live again! (Then again, spraying mouth with silver paint was also appropriate for a hunter out to get some wolves - I may have mentioned to Kuru that while my preferred weapon is bow & arrows, I also like biting and clawing.)

As to books, Jack Glass by Adam Roberts was brilliant.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:56 AM   #1008
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Now, I'm just going to repeat what I said before: I will likely not be around for toDay's DL, so it might be best to count me out of the actual vote (however we/they decide to operate this time).

Also, remember that I can dream of the dead now. I propose dreaming of toDay's lynch victim if unknown, otherwise of one of you whose role hasn't been checked yet. In the latter case, I'm open to suggestion.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:10 AM   #1009
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Who is responsible for these murders? Probably Rodney the Hamster.

No, never mind, it's Form and Morm.

This is what Form is.

Morm is equally creepy.
Watched these at work. Shouldn't have. Burst out laughing at Form. Hey Tweedleform - whenever you read this - is that how you and Nienna got together?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:11 AM   #1010
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Also, remember that I can dream of the dead now. I propose dreaming of toDay's lynch victim if unknown, otherwise of one of you whose role hasn't been checked yet. In the latter case, I'm open to suggestion.
Out of Nog and Rikae, the former is creepier. Rune probably isn't relevant right now.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:15 AM   #1011
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I wish there was a third person to rhyme with Form and Morm... closest I can get is Bor'mir.
Eorm? Nilp'orn?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:16 AM   #1012
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I think I called morm innocent when I was doing my seer impersonation, right? It would make sense for him to be part of the Macpack, in that case.
No as a matter of fact, you spoke about Boro, Lommy, Firefoot and me. So if you're not a wolf, Mac is just a very persistent liar.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:18 AM   #1013
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Oooh! I know!

Mac and morm are both dads, and after the last episode of GoT, we all know dads are evil.

Clearly Nog is the third member of their pack.
I still haven't seen the latest episode (I know shocking! You'll laugh but it's because I've been too caught up in WW - and well you remember how long I stayed up on Monday which is when it's available for Europeans ) but the joke was worth this mild spoiler.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #1014
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Go get morm lynched/killed, so we can turn this into the Dad Thread.
So you can fill this thread with awful dad jokes.

Which reminds me that I was going to post this...

Old 06-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #1015
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

cont.

(source)
Old 06-10-2015, 05:27 AM   #1016
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Agan - brace yourself and make sure you have some of that tipple that Nog was offering earlier, or even something stronger, by your side. I screamed at least three times.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #1017
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
EXCUSE ME, McC? At a maximum? Three wolves? We only found out about Lalaith last night.
Well, he might have been assuming Boro can only kill wolves.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #1018
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Always a wolf, never a Fenris.

Me too.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #1019
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
[insert gifs here]
Ah, I miss Make Your Own Crazy Scene with Pics. We (by which I mean they) single-handedly crashed an LR film image site (I forgot which) by hotlinking.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #1020
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Me too.
Me three.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #1021
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I can't speak for tp, but I just want an excuse to spam the thread.
Imagine if the Downs was shut down again thanks to you.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:51 AM   #1022
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
No one's picked up on the DAY 4 narration anomaly, unless morm's playing dumb.
Yeah, the NIGHT 5 narration was also unclear about Nerwen so let's hope that throws them off the track re Nilp. Now they're pretty sure the seer is dead though, and I bet they'll comb the thread extra carefully to find sally's lover and make sure there won't be an awkward meeting in the morning.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:53 AM   #1023
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Maybe you should check Rikae, Nerwen. We already have evidence that mums can be evil, too...
Old 06-10-2015, 05:59 AM   #1024
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Boots

Here's one for our esteemed mod.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:04 AM   #1025
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rofl at "four bears"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I was considering Form because of his previous days posting, which got really creepy, really quickly. But I'm trying to exercise a little bit of restraint and caution.
Boooo!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:07 AM   #1026
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Lottie has very effectively stopped us from discussing (or at least, thinking about) much of anything toDay.

Do you think she could be a wolf?
Old 06-10-2015, 06:17 AM   #1027
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
It seems like the best case scenario to me is that the village votes to lynch either form or morm and we empower a vote for the other. Might require too many variables to line up right and too much coordination at the deadline though.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:19 AM   #1028
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Lottie has very effectively stopped us from discussing (or at least, thinking about) much of anything toDay.

Do you think she could be a wolf?
Hmm. How about we quickly make it to 1,050 now to get it over with?

I was going to have more time to play today but my extroversion got the better of me and I'm going for afternoon tea with a couple of coworkers before seeing friends in the evening. Bad me. But I'll be around as much as I can.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #1029
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
It seems like the best case scenario to me is that the village votes to lynch either form or morm and we empower a vote for the other. Might require too many variables to line up right and too much coordination at the deadline though.
Yeah. I believe Form is a safer choice because he's been under more suspicion. so if there will be enough non-wolves around at the deadline, those who have to vote early might be able to risk voting somebody who's likely to vote him.

Kath, perhaps - that would probably get the message across given her voting history?
Old 06-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #1030
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
No as a matter of fact, you spoke about Boro, Lommy, Firefoot and me. So if you're not a wolf, Mac is just a very persistent liar.
Maybe he remembered that I like uncloaking too much to save it for when I actually have a role.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:23 AM   #1031
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Eye

Old 06-10-2015, 06:31 AM   #1032
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
I remember a fierce WWer from the mid-20s (of game number of course, not years) who goes by Roa_Aoife.
Fierce indeed. Back in the days, I counted the wins/losses of every player. Roa had 15 wins and 4 losses. Best winning percentage of anyone, and it isn't even remotely close.

I stopped at WW75 for some reason. I should update it.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #1033
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Trolololo.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:45 AM   #1034
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Hey, just realized this game's number is my lucky number.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #1035
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Oh Rikae, I see you got to fake-reveal as the Seer after all.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:56 AM   #1036
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Meanwhile, in the land of the living...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Boro, you've still not indicated your allegiance. Is it to yourself or the village? Dumb question, I know, because you can simply tell us the village and we have no way of verifying. I commend you for your kill of Macwolf; however I'm still uncertain of Lalwolf and you never indicated what you felt suspicious about her.

Additionally, I've been thinking about Kath and there are two major concerns that are brought to my mind. First, she could be a wolf who is hiding by posting minimally. A viable strategy to be sure and she has been somewhat immune to any major suspicion up to this point. It's also a strategy that helps ensure you don't get to be a target of a seer dream. Second, if she is innocent, she becomes a liability the further we go. We will need all villagers to be present and up to speed on what's going on. Overall, this is a concern we need addressed.

Boromir, to your question about Lal being a target for the dead, it would seem probable. A situation like that should be easy enough to orchestrate.

Something like this:

If Lalaith is a wolf give your vote to:
Form
Sally
McCaber

If she's not, give the vote to:
Boromir88
Thinlómien
Eomer

If you don't know give your vote to:
mormegil
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Thoughts? Approval?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #1037
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Convenient options in both viable categories.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #1038
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Silmaril

How about a new avatar, Nerwen?

(source)
Old 06-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #1039
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Fierce indeed. Back in the days, I counted the wins/losses of every player. Roa had 15 wins and 4 losses. Best winning percentage of anyone, and it isn't even remotely close.

I stopped at WW75 for some reason. I should update it.
Esty and Mr Underhill have 100% win rates, right? Unless they joined a game while I was away or you have a minimum number of games played requirement.

7 more, village. (I think.)
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #1040
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

So morm really wants to find out if Lalaith was a wolf or not while Mith downplays it. Morm trying to appear helpful and innocent? Morm really curious to know if the rival pack is down by one? Mith being the voice of reason? Mith trying to protect a fellow?

We will find out in six posts.