The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-07-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting Guess what guys? More ques/observations!

Alright I'll just get to the point....<P>Ques.<BR>1) I know you guys have discussed this before, but how does that whole breeding process work? Do they put an orc and a goblin underground and then they mate or something? Or maybe they take both their eggs or sperm? (yeah that sounds nasty but I can't think of another way ) <BR>2) When Aragorn says they have 2000 good men riding north, Eomer is loyal to them, don't you think that's a little too much? When the running trio is confronted by Eomer, it doesn't seem like he has 2000 men. <BR>3) Why does Gandalf have a Lothlorien cloak? Everyone knows he didn't go there when the fellowship did. Maybe we're suppose to assume he did after he was sent back, or that Aragorn had an extra one with him? <P>Observations:<BR>1) Merry's cut swiches places from the 1st time you see it it's on the right I think, then the left.<BR>2) When Pippin has the horse over-top of him, his hands arn't bound, but they are suppose to be. When Aragorn recounts the battle, after the horse is on top of him is when their bonds are cut.<BR>Sorry to bother everyone with foolish questions once again!
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:23 PM   #2
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>1) I know you guys have discussed this before, but how does that whole breeding process work? Do they put an orc and a goblin underground and then they mate or something? Or maybe they take both their eggs or sperm? (yeah that sounds nasty but I can't think of another way ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think we just have to go with magic and the whole suspension-of-disbelief thing on this one. It's nothing that's ever explained and the book only touches briefly on the creation of Uruk-hai and never truly explains them. But really - who would want to know anyway. Blah! I think the movie's just trying to get across the fact that they're Saruman's creations and not from nature.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>3) Why does Gandalf have a Lothlorien cloak? Everyone knows he didn't go there when the fellowship did. Maybe we're suppose to assume he did after he was sent back, or that Aragorn had an extra one with him? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is a valid point concerning the movie because it's not explained. However, in the book, Galadriel is the one who sent Gwaihir to look for Gandalf (after the whole Balrog thing) and he brings him back to Lothlorien a short time after the rest of the Fellowship has left.<p>[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: Aratlithiel ]
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>2) When Aragorn says they have 2000 good men riding north, Eomer is loyal to them, don't you think that's a little too much? When the running trio is confronted by Eomer, it doesn't seem like he has 2000 men. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>When Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli meet Eomer that is before he is kicked out of Rohan by Grima. When he met the three hunters he was probably only with a small group to help to keep peace in Rohan. So when he was kicked out he probably left with all the supporters of the king in the area, except for Eowyn, Hama, etc.
Old 02-08-2003, 01:33 AM   #4
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Well, some of them are usually just plain mistakes. PJ changed so much, and he still had to leave out scenes that were filmed. SO, if they intended to have Gandalf recieve Lothlorien cloak from Galadriel and film it, then they film the rest of the movie with him having the cloak, and then they don't have space for it so they leave it out, it doesn't work out, but while editing, all the filming is done and they can't go back and refilm it. You can see how this could relate to the other mistakes. Sorry for that long run on sentence too.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote