The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #481
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Another thing I would like to emphasise is the participation. Nogrod already mentioned that here, but let me say it again: especially in a game like this, it is vital that everyone posts more at least during the trials, because otherwise, it ends with total randomness.
I promise to keep my mouth shut about the matter after this but just two little things...

I wouldn't say only that it's vital "especially in a game like this" but that this game kind of highlighted the impossibility of saying anything about those who don't post anything of any "substance". With this game there was a different dynamic than normally. It suited the wolves just fine to lynch those who were quiet as that ensured their lives as it was a threesome. Normally the wolves love the silent people because it leaves the random-choices to the villagers and/or provides them with unrisky fodder if that is needed.

Innocents in a normal game are very reluctant to choose someone who just threw in a line or two - not the least if there were many of them; how to differentiate between them? So they tend to lynch those who actually play the game...

Maybe we should play a game one day where we'd restrict everything one is allowed to say into two or three oneliners / Day without any serious coming forwards? I'd like to see how random and dull that game could be...

Maybe I'm just too old or conscientious but I can't see the difference between the net and the real-life in the sense that if you promise to play with your friends you're kind of expected to come along and play then RL or in the net. Not only with the rules but with the spirit as well. Just think of a deal made with your mates to play a card-game one evening which requires three players. What would the other two think if the third never appeared or came in but just threw the cards on the table randomly without trying to play? Why should it be different online?

Just to add. No I don't mean everyone should play the way I do, or Legate, or Lommy, or Roa, or Spm or... There are different styles and different personalities but people should participate if they promise to. I mean look at McCaber, Menel, Kath, Izzy, Sally etc. in this game! They played nicely and well even if they didn't flood the game but they took part in the game and made a difference to it! So it's not a quantitative question.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #482
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Okeydokey. Let's do some revealing.

Roles:

Day0.1: Valier (W), Legate (I), Menel (P)
Day0.2: Roa (W), Naria (I), McCaber (C)
Day0.3: Aganzir (W), Shasta (I), Ka (P)
Day0.4: Lommy (W), Might (I), Noggie (G)
Day0.5: Sally (W), Gil-Galad (I), Kath (D)
Day0.6: Brinn (W), Zali (I), Groin (D)
Day0.7: Lily (W), Izzie (I), Rikae (D)

Action:

Day0.0

”Votes”:

Might -> Noggie 1
Rikae -> Azaelia 1
Lily -> Groin 1
Legate -> Noggie 2
Roa -> Menel 1
Lommy -> Roa 1
Noggie -> Legate
Aganzir -> Zali 1

Day0.1

Votes:

Menel -> Legate 1
Valier -> Legate 2
(Legate)

Lynched: Legate

Day0.2

Votes:

Roa -> Naria 1
Naria -> Roa 1
(McCaber)

Lynched: Roa

Day0.3

Votes:

Aganzir -> Shasta 1
Ka -> Shasta 2
(Shasta)

Lynched: Shasta

Day0.4

Votes:

Might -> Might 1
Noggie -> Might 2
Lommy -> Might 3

Lynched: Might

Noggie -> Hunt: Lommy

Day0.5

Votes:

Sally -> Gil 1
Kath -> Gil 2
(Gil)

Lynched: Gil

Day0.6

Votes:

Brinn -> Groin 1
Groin -> Brinn 1
Zali -> Groin 2

Lynched: Groin

Day0.7

Votes:

Rikae -> Lily 1
Lily -> Rikae 1
Izzie -> Lily 2

Lynched: Lily

Night1

McCaber -> Dream: Roa

Rikae -> Dream: Lommy
Kath -> Dream: Noggie

Noggie -> Hunt: Lommy

Day1

Votes:

Brinn -> Nogrod 1
Menel -> Valier 1
Azaelia -> McCaber 1
Kath -> Valier 2
Sally -> McCaber 2
Rikae -> Nogrod 2
Lommy -> Nogrod 3
Izzie -> Aganzir 1
Aganzir -> McCaber 3
McCaber -> Nogrod 4
Nogrod -> McCaber 4

Lynched: Nogrod

Lynch-seer: Valier

Nogrod -> Hunt: Rikae

Immortality: Lommy (Night2)

Night2

Ka -> Protect: Aganzir

McCaber -> Dream: Legate

Kath -> Dream: sally

Wolfkill: Naria

Day2

Votes:

Menel -> Valier 1
Brinn -> McCaber 1
Valier -> McCaber 2
Ka -> McCaber 3
Aganzir -> McCaber 4
Zali -> McCaber 5
Lommy -> McCaber 6
McCaber -> McCaber 7
Kath -> Valier 2
Izzie -> Zali 1
Sally -> Valier 3

Lynched: McCaber

Immortality: Valier

Last edited by Volo; 01-30-2008 at 06:38 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #483
Volo

Oh, and I added a bit of narration here.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #484
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Thank you, it was a pleasure to play with you as well. Hope you're not planning to have another year's break before playing again.
Well, you earned it of course!
And to think I was seriously going to vote for you on trial day, *tisk tisk*, but I figured it was more use to get to know you more and have some fun before voting again.

I hope so too... Playing this time made me realize how much I missed it and all of you, and how much I should play more often so I can keep my know-how up to date. I seriously thought someone was going to shoot me for all the questions I asked.

I should have time available in the summer, besides maybe work getting in the way, but I'll be working nights so everything works out for WW. I prefer night shifts to the day, it is much more interesting.
As for now though, I'm in the collective group of otherwise 'poor college kid/application nightmare/job hunt frenzy because automobile needs a transmission', so unfortunately I won't have time for another WW immediately, but hopefully not until another year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Maybe we should play a game one day where we'd restrict everything one is allowed to say into two or three oneliners / Day without any serious coming forwards? I'd like to see how random and dull that game could be...
Nogrod, you do realize how many of us you are going to kill if you do that?

Though the oneliner idea sounds fun, especially since wolves like to use codes in their posts, that might be extended to idea of making it a game of riddles (very 'Hobbit' idea, but could work, maybe).
That I'd have to join just for the fun of riddle spinning.

Hope to play with all of you soon, or in less than a year, this time...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:35 AM   #485
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Random is still ok, but dull is pretty umm... dull. At least we should be allowed to chat around about any random non-ww topic. That would be rather interesting, fusing WW, a Books-discussion, some Quiz and another Mirth-game.

Pity Hookbill's Spooks didn't work out.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:28 AM   #486
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just to make one thing clear (if someone has misunderstood me). I really did enjoy this game! It was the most fun! And interesting. And I'm sad that we lost not because we lost but because the game ended so soon.

And the wolves played it so smoothly and wisely that I must just admire them in their cunningness. We ordos made our best but I blundered heavily - well aided a bit by Rikae...and the alignment of the stars.

I just think that if the trials would have been more balanced eg. every trial would have been actually played threesome the game would have been even more enjoyable. And it would have lasted longer.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #487
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lynched on a coin toss!!!!

Leave it to me to get lynched on the day when it's me, the cobbler, and an ordo.

This game was really interesting, and I'm glad I participated. I was just gearing up, though, when I was taken out of the game *glares at McCaber*. I have to say, my fellow wolves were fantastic. Lommy had me laughing so hard I cried, and for the rest of you, you avoided looking connected so well that I couldn't find it, and I knew who you were!

For the record, I wasn't lying when I listed my reasons for being agreeable. If I take part in any new games, expect much of the same, regardless of my role, until I find my feet (or teeth) again.

When I realized how many seers were still alive, I thought my team was done for, but it all turned around so quickly. I don't think the game was that unbalanced, but the lack of revealed roles during stage two certainly worked in the wolves favor. I didn't think the wolves could pull off a kill, though, with so many protectors running around.

McCaber was a great cobbler. I knew that if a wolf was killed on Night 2, you'd manage to get yourself lynched to win the game.

I wish I'd been around longer, but it was fun. Later!

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #488
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I heartily enjoyed being a McCobbler, even though it was easier than you make it seem. I mean, it's not that hard to seem suspicious in this crowd.

(Sorry, Roa. I felt bad after I found out about you, really!)
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #489
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I heartily enjoyed being a McCobbler
I'm looking forward to see you establish a fast food restaurant with a certain German Downer.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:01 AM   #490
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I'm looking forward to see you establish a fast food restaurant with a certain German Downer.
*cracks* Indeed! Looking forward to that
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #491
Volo

If somebody's still interested in the narrations, here's more.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #492
Volo

Added Izz's deathstory.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #493
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*laughs* That was beyond amazing. Thanks Volo. You totally just made my evening with that.

P.S. Emily says "Quack" and a belated well done to you all.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #494
Volo

Be surprised! The narration is only 6 months late, but it is coming!

Aganzir's death