The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #241
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Gwath's choice of Aganzir yesterDay in the end of the Day is neatly safe as Rikae suggested. I also find her tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath #194
Rikae seems to be in a bit of a panic; at any rate, she's posted a lot in the last hour or so. Is this because she is innocent? Or is it because I struck a nerve in post #181?
quite bad. Like a wolf who gets a bit carried away seeing his target in trouble. Just adding wood into the fire without actually committing anything? The wolves love to do this kind of pushes.

In #183 he says, answering why LG voted for him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Also, I have been a little erratic thus far; the newbie mask would fit a wolf very well.
I do find it interesting that he first of all goes on to explain why LG voted him (McCaber had been suspecting LG for her vote) and this self-conscious talk about newbie mask fitting a wolf looks... well, odd.

I still dislike the way Sally changed her "random vote" to a "deliberate pick causing the least damage" after the Night had passed. Like she was advised or tohught the bettr of it after eeing how much she was susected because of that random vote.

Oh my... so little time left. Ideas anyone? We should not wrtie novels at this time as no one has time to read them until later.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #242
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, that came out of nowhere. Anyway, moving on....

I still find Noggie a bit odd. Thanks for (sort of) explaining your lack of whirlwind posting though. Puts me at ease a tiny bit, or at least enough to not vote you today. Ack, what to do, what to do? I need to take a brief pause for thought....

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-12-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: x'd with Noggins
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #243
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Now this is ridiculous! Twenty minutes left and two votes given!

Menel -> Rikae
Gwath -> Sally

Or have I missed something?

Speak your minds people. We don't need any last minute frenzies.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #244
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I wanted to look at A Little Green, Nogrod and Sally, but time is running out.

I will say now that, unless I can find some compelling reason to do otherwise, I will vote for either Mac, Rikae or Sally.

Mac sounded horribly wolfish at the start of the Day. But if anything, Rikae was even worse later, what with all the thrashing around and the sophistry. I mean, sure, all three Agan–voters might easily have been innocent. But the rest of us can hardly be expected to assume that! (see #184)

On the other hand, she was under fire from Menel from the start of the Day, and other people, so maybe she just panicked. The frustration in her last posts sounds rather genuine.

Sally continues to confuse the hell out of me, and I don’t like either her original explanation of her Shasta-vote, or the new improved version.

So... which?

Edit: X'd with Nogrod, Sally and Nogrod again.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #245
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
I still dislike the way Sally changed her "random vote" to a "deliberate pick causing the least damage" after the Night had passed. Like she was advised or tohught the bettr of it after eeing how much she was susected because of that random vote.
I'm sick of explaining myself for that, because I didn't do anything wrong. So I'm not doing it anymore. If you don't like the way my brain works when I'm ill, kill me. Sorry to be rude, but I've had about enough of people finding me suspicious because I found my recovery sleep more important than explaining a vote which I'd already sort of explained. Hehe. That and I'm really not a morning person. *shuts up about it for now*

I just can't decide, and I need to because if I don't leave in like ten minutes I'll be late for work. Any last minute weigh-ins from the group? After all, the deadline is in twenty minutes and there have been only two votes. Come on people, don't delay too much. *mutters* Like I should talk....

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-12-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: x'd with noggie and nerwen
Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #246
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well – Legate:

First, the “repeatedly” about the vote count. It may have been a mistake, but it could also be a way of wording the intro to the corrected vote count to insinuate it was deliberately posted wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate

I am aware of the fact that it might have suited a wolf to raise such a last minute bandwaggon - and imagine what would've happened if for example Aganzir were a Seer
I see what Legate's saying now. I read this at first as a suggestion that Aganzir was lynched for looking seerish (since he already said he suspected her voters), but now I see he's referring to the fact that she couldn't have revealed at the last minute if she were, right? My mistake.

This is contradictory:

Quote:

I believe the sentence is clear: I am inclined to think Lommy was killed simply to leave no track, and as side effect, you eliminated a person who suspected you.

Then there's this stuff:
Quote:
Here Mac speaks about Rikae. I know, there are these RL things - but come on, defending each other in this way? This is just not normal and I don't like the idea of these two really being wolves together.
This sentence does two things – brings up the “RL things” and dismisses them. That way he can both discredit and suspect at once... very nice for a wolf who hopes to get one, but better both, of us lynched.

But, having gone over Legate's posts again, I've come to the conclusion that the main thing that I find creepy about him is not so much what he says, as what he doesn't say. He follows other people's track (he seems to have predetermined that Mac would be an easy lynch toDay) or says uncontroversial things. I'm used to a more verbose, and more helpful, Legate.

EDIT: Spacing, x'd with Noggie, Sally, Nerwen
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #247
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It's not your brain-functions r recovery sleeps Sally but the fact that you first claimed it to be a random vote and then changed the reason for the vote later into a "safe for the village" vote.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #248
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, that's it. Expletiving kill me! I'm an ordo, a plain, simple, snazzy ordo, but you are wasting your time discussing me, and I'd much rather see you talk about and find the wolves, so get me out of the way so you can stop babbling about "she's an idiot" and talk about someone else. And be nice to Shasta when he gets on. I'd hate to see you all pick on him because he's sick too. So yeah. I've said it. KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DARE YOU!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #249
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I mean, sure, all three Agan–voters might easily have been innocent. But the rest of us can hardly be expected to assume that! (see #184)
So you assume there must be wolves there? And you accuse me of sophistry...

EDIT: x'd with Sally... whoa.

Last edited by Rikae; 02-12-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added italics on 'me' to make the sentence clearer.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #250
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Great, my browser just crashed and restarted and I lost all I was writing about an hour if not more, about LG and Nerwen and Menel and McCaber and Shasta. Shortly:

LG's yesterDay's start was hard to decipher and not much from her toDay, or at least it did not help me to say black or white. I am worried about that Sally-joke thing and while she is explaining it, I am not sure whether there can't have been a wolfy intention to start a half-joky suspicion and let others follow it. The same can be said about Sally, as I mentioned earlier, and speaking of that, I am still worried about her.

Nerwen posted far more than I thought, though many of her posts have just very little substance or are just questions or reactions with not many own constructive opinions. Nevertheless, nothing specially suspicious on her and no reason for me to be worried about her.

McCaber and Shasta I spoke about earlier and it did not change - both post less, though it looks they are trying to be helpful, both; even in the little they do. Nothing special, though little more posting would do good.

Menel is a little complicated persona, and I think I'll re-make the post I lost now and post a longer one, but that would have to wait for toMorrow, as the DL is nearing and I have to see what's happening and vote. Oh, my.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #251
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And in the meantime, I'm going to leave you with what will probably be my last vote. I don't want to add someone else to the mix fifteen minutes before deadline, and I DO find her a bit on the suspicious side, so I'll have to vote for:

++Rikae.

My apologies love. I know you're being picked on too. But like I said, I do find your actions yesterday a bit odd, and I won't have a snipe of a bandwagon like we had yesterday. So it's got to be you. Good luck, because you'll probably survive anyway. And thank you for defending me, by the way, in the little capacity that you did. I appreciate that you saw that I've been acting the way I was because (yet again, people) I've had an extremely high fever and haven't been able to think straight, and now that I sort of can I tried to explain myself to the village in a more coherent manner, but they just won't have it. Feel free to vote me to save yourself. Apparently you're a much better player than I am anyway. G'luck!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #252
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
But, having gone over Legate's posts again, I've come to the conclusion that the main thing that I find creepy about him is not so much what he says, as what he doesn't say. He follows other people's track (he seems to have predetermined that Mac would be an easy lynch toDay) or says uncontroversial things. I'm used to a more verbose, and more helpful, Legate.
I do agree with this point.

Cool down Sally. Please. It's just a game after all.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #253
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Gwath's choice of Aganzir yesterDay in the end of the Day is neatly safe as Rikae suggested.
Yes, he bears looking at. I wish I'd been able to pay more attention toDay. I'd like to hear Legate explain his reasoning at #166 (on Lommy). I'd also like Nogrod to explain that apparent self-contradiction I noticed.

But I can't dither anymore. I'm too afraid of mising the deadline and getting modfired.

Here goes:

++Macalaure.

Edit X'd with everyone since Sally at #245.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #254
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Cool down Sally. Please. It's just a game after all.
Mehe don't I know it. I'm just angry that....oh, never mind. I'm not going to rant any longer. Whatever the outcome, I hope you all enjoy the rest of the game. Hopefully I'll be able to see you all the next Day, and hopefully with one less werewolf than we currently have. I'm out. Need to get to work in a couple minutes anyway.

P.S. Sorry, folks. I told Shasta I'd wake him, but he didn't respond to my IMs, so I'm guessing he's still asleep. Which is good, because if he has what I had, he feels like crap right now, so he needs it.

EDIT: Extra P.S. Won't be around for the first several hours of the next Day. My first class starts at nine (DL), and I don't know if I'll be able to get on for sure until six in the evening. Just a heads up so no one wonders where I've scampered off to.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-12-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: extra p.s. :)
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #255
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My preference lies with Legate or Nerwen. Sally appears very innocent near the deadline, and I wouldn't like to see Rikae lynched either, and me the least.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #256
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

After we see who will in the end turn out and actually vote we'll be much more wiser as to who were hiding at the last moments.

But the fact is I'm not very happy with any of the candidates right now. Of those three I'd pick Mac though.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #257
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sally, oh my. Let's not get worried. This is not anything personal or anything. Everything here is just a game, we know you are ill.

Okay, I think the voting is here. I could vote either Mac or Sally, I am going for the first one, also because in this rush I cannot seem to be able to analyse anything and this Sally's shout just startled me.

++Mac

EDIT: x-ed with everyone since my post
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #258
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
So so so sorry - I didn't guess there would be so many posts, I was hoping to have time to post long and well, but it took me around 40 minutes to read the thread so now I have, what, 4 minutes for posting...

To be honest I'm quite baffled by toDay's posts. Rikae looks better, Sally looks worse, and I don't have time for more analysis, I'll do that toMorrow...

So without further explanations,

++ Mac

Because his posts strike me as furry and I believe he might well be a wolf, and his death will reveal much in any case.

edit: x'd with Legate
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This is stupid!

Okay, Rikae and Mac - if they are the last ones around will take care either of them gets lynched so I might just go for

++ Gwath

to open one route more...

EDIT: x'd with LG
Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #260
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
So you assume there must be wolves there? And you accuse me of sophistry.
No, Rikae. By no means. I'd said we can't assume there aren't.

Quote:
I agree. I'm not saying I think he's necessarily innocent– but I'd want a hell of a lot more to go on before I start calling someone suspicious.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #261
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I can't vote for Mac or Sally in good conscience -

++Nerwen

The one of my main suspects that might get some support.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #262
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
No, Rikae. By no means. I'd said we can't assume there aren't.
Well, then you're misrepresenting me.

(By the way, my vote above crossed with Nerwen)
Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #263
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*giggles and mutters to herself* Not again....

Shoot. I'm late. I'm late. But not for an important date.
Just can't stay away. Where are the rest of the votes, anyway?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #264
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I don't have time, so I'll make this quick

++Nerwen

EDIT: too late! Nooooo!
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #265
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Nerwen

Ridiculousness..

edit: crossed and too late
do the votes of McCaber and me count?

Last edited by Macalaure; 02-12-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #266
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Stop it. Stop. STOP! You're just making me laugh too hard.... ah, the discussion that will ensue tomorrow over the voting.

Okay, I need to go. My boss'll be royally angered with me.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #267
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
SILENCE!

As I said before, any votes after the deadline, going by the timestamps on the posts, will not count. Sorry Mac but that means you are the one
-------------------------------------------------
Day 2 came and went, and the adventurers seemed to be divided on two main camps.
“It’s either Rikae or Mac” said some

“No, that makes no sense!” Said... Rikae and Mac.

“Well, I think Mac should be a goner anyway” said Nerwen

“Huh? Sure, whatever” agreed Greenie

“Yeah, that’s something I can agree with” added Legate

“ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz” Was heard

“Actually, Nerwen looks fishier to me, she gets my vote” Said Rikae

“That’s a start... who’s left to vote? Oh, McCabe... darnit man, wake up!” Mac shook the
man, but he was fast asleep. “Water!” he said “We need water to... no, there’s no water here... maybe if I”

uh.... Ner..when...” said McCaber without quite waking up.

Nerwen! he voted for her, and I agree, which means that I’m...oh boy” Then Macalaure noticed the grins on the other adventurers’ faces. “I can explain... Rikae makes sense and I...” but no-one heard what he wanted to say. Nogrod had been passing out torches and pitchforks (where he got them from no-one cared to ask about) and before the lynchee of the day could react, they fell upon him like so many moths on one of those electric bug zappers.

“Hey, he’s not turning into a Werewolf!” said Gwath

“Don’t worry lad, keep on lynchin’ he’s still alive” said a voice

“yeah, shouldn’t have he turned into his werewolf form by now?” asked Sally

“No, no... you keep on going and see”

Eventually it was plain that Mac was way past the point where he could’ve turned into a Werewolf. “Who was the one telling us to keep hitting poor Mac? He was such a good soul”

Legate” answered Rikae “you were one of the voters for him.. .my lover... now, I will wither too”

“Really?” Asked Nerwen
“No, but it was worth to see your faces”

And then blackness fell upon them and they knew no more.

Legate
Nogrod
McCaber
Sally
Gwathagor
A Little Green
Nerwen
Meneltarmacil
Rikae
Shasta

The dead
Roa: Eaten by werewolves, or otherwise gone missing
Farael: Killed by a convenient plot-twist
Aganzir: Squished into non-existance inside a d2
Loomy: May not be dead, but she's sure too far from the game to be of much help
Macalaure: Lynched old-fashion way

The tally
Three Werewolves
One Seer

The announcement: There are no secret roles. This is not a bluff. Also, the narrations mean nothing, there are no hints in there.

Last edited by Farael; 02-12-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #268
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Alright, everyone, I'm not sure what happened to Farael. He may have left early for his trip, but he never sent me a message so I didn't realize there wasn't anything up till now.

I'm going to to start the day now, and extend it five hours (meaning it will be two hours short and Night will also be five hours short).

EDIT: My stupid clock is three hours fast. So we'll be ending three hours late toDay. That's 10 AM Pacific and 6 PM GMT. The next day will start at the original time.

Sorry for the miscommunication everyone. I'll post a narration in a little bit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Menel twisted and turned in the throws of a Dream. He awoke suddenly and pulled out his journal to chronicle it carefully. He always chronicled his dreams, just in case. A sudden noise to his left caused him to start, but it was only another player turning over in their sleep. Menel sighed, closed his book and stood to seek out a more private area. He came upon a tunnel. "Strange, that wasn't there before," mused Menel, and he decided to look into it. He heard rustling, the sound of sharpening claws, and a low chuckling. They all seemed to be coming from with in the tunnel, but before he could back up and turn around, he felt a furry hand on his shoulder. "You've dreamed your last dream, Seer," said an all too familiar voice, and he was shoved forward into the tunnel.

In another place far from there, the GM sat staring at a roughly drawn map of the cave. He'd wanted to add a tunnel on the side for fun, but couldn't decide how to end it. Frustrated, he erased the whole thing and redrew the wall of the cave.

The wolves stared at the place where Menel and the hole had been just seconds ago. Then looked at each other, shrugged, and went back to bed. Menel was not seen again.

Legate
Nogrod
McCaber
Sally
Gwathagor
A Little Green
Nerwen
Rikae
Shasta

Dead:
Roa: Eaten by werewolves, or otherwise gone missing
Farael: Killed by a convenient plot-twist
Aganzir: Squished into non-existance inside a d2
Loomy: May not be dead, but she's sure too far from the game to be of much help
Macalaure: Lynched old-fashion way
Meneltarmacil: Lost to the whims of the GM

The Tally
3 wolves

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 02-13-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #269
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
That must mean Menel was the Seer....

I suppose now one must wonder just why he was so adamantly against Rikae.

Of course, he was against Mac as well, but not as much, I think...
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #270
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I suppose it's possible that Menel had dreamed about Rikae? Should we assume that he was right about all those he accused?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #271
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Menel the seer? The only sense I can make of that is that he must have put his hopes in throwing the wolves off his track by doing nothing but accusing an ordo, so he could have as many dreams as possible before revealing. Considering that there was no Ranger, that makes sense - but apparently the wolves thought killing him was a good opportunity to frame me.

[sarcasm]Oh, my! How could we have possibly lynched an innocent Macalaure?

Well, I think that there must have been a wolf (or two) among the Macalaure-voters - after all, the wolves knew he was innocent, and so they voted for him! Or maybe they just wanted to get Mac out of the way -- and, after all, they had voiced suspicions of him earlier, so they could vote for him without flip-flopping at the last minute! Yes, this is a watertight argument -- we should focus solely on the Macalaure-voters(Legate, Greenie and Nerwen) today. Sure, there are 9 people here, but as Nerwen says "we can only lynch one at a time"!
[/sarcasm]

Actually, though, that thing Nerwen said struck me, on second glance, as what possibly be a slip. We can only lynch one at a time, eh, Nerwen?
Actually, I do find the Macalaure voters wolfish, not because they lynched an ordo, but because they created suspicion out of thin air. I analyzed it yesterday, just go back and look -- the reasons behind lynching Macalaure were utter... mist.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #272
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
That must mean Menel was the Seer....

I suppose now one must wonder just why he was so adamantly against Rikae.
Indeed, it's quite obvious he was the Seer. And yes, that's a question one has to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I suppose it's possible that Menel had dreamed about Rikae? Should we assume that he was right about all those he accused?
Well, surely not about all those he accused as YesterDay, he went after Mac and Rikae quite continuously, but now we know Mac was innocent. However, I find it quite improbable that his going after Rikae would be totally baseless. At least personally I believe that if he had dreamt of any Wolf, he would have voted him, and since he did not vote for anyone but Rikae, I am quite inclined to believe that he dreamt of her and found her a Wolf.

I will go quickly through his posts, I now have the chance to compare them in the new light with the analysis I was preparing yesterDay; it may come handy as some quick reference. Although Menel can't be of any active help anymore, I think we should try to find if we don't find any hints from him about whom he could have dreamed. He had two Nights to dream (before Day 1 and before Day 2) before he was killed. Also, there would be a good question as to why he was killed - did the Wolves reveal him, or was it just pure luck and they were following some other scheme? I think such things may be of a lot help.

Will be back soon.

edit: x-ed with Rikae
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #273
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Our seer did not survive the night? Truly this is the Dawnless Day.

Mayhap the late Menel struck too close with some of his accusations. He hounded Rikae pretty bad, but he also attacked Mac and Sally.

Rikae is indeed the obvious choice, but perhaps Sally needs looking at, as well.

EDIT: crossed with Rikae and Legate
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #274
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Menel the seer? The only sense I can make of that is that he must have put his hopes in throwing the wolves off his track by doing nothing but accusing an ordo, so he could have as many dreams as possible before revealing. Considering that there was no Ranger, that makes sense - but apparently the wolves thought killing him was a good opportunity to frame me.
Rikae, surely you think he would dare to accuse an ordo? That would be quite careless from him. I am not sure whether he would go for "collateral damage". There was still chance for the Wolves to pick him just by random (and who knows if it did not happen). Besides, he suspected you for two consequent Days and I think it likely therefore that he would have dreamt of you, maybe even on the first Day, and if he did, he must have known your role. It is true he suspected Mac for two consequent Days as well, but he voted you on Day 2, and although he did not vote on Day 1, he said that if he did, he would have voted you as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #275
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Rikae, surely you think he would dare to accuse an ordo?
Either that, or he accused someone he hadn't dreamt of! But I expect that he considered my death less harmful to the village than his (which it would be.)
Quote:
There was still chance for the Wolves to pick him just by random (and who knows if it did not happen).
Well, that's what I'm thinking - they would have been less likely to if he appeared not only useful to them, but decidedly un-seerish. I think Menel is a wiser player than he's usually given credit for, and he would know better than to make himself obviously seerish to the wolves when there was no ranger about.
Another thing is - he did suspect Mac for two consecutive days, and Mac was the person it probably made most sense for him to dream of on Night 2, being at the center of Day 1's controversy.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #276
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh my!

And even if this sounds like a hindsight I must say I guessed that.

So he dreamt of me on Night1 and of Rikae on Night2. Please follow why I think that is.

On Day1 he thought I should not be lynched - even if I wasn't actually in any danger of being lynched at that time. And later the Day he referred to me alongside him and seemed to rely on my judgements (as he knew I am innocent) taking them as parts of his arguments. About others he said Rikae and Mac were his suspects but with both of those he made still some reservations. And there was a slight suspicious comment about Shasta to be sure but he never came back to it.

Starting Day2 we have this (after the apology for not voting):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
In any case, know that I would have voted for Rikae.

I'm even more suspicious of her now than before, come to think of it.
And after that Menel seemed quite assured of his crusade against Rikae. So he had dreamt of her that Night.

This last one kind of nails it for Rikae:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel's vote-post
(OOC: I'm sorry if I'm really being too hard on you, Rikae, regardless of the fur and fangs.)
That's too tough language to an ordo, even to a Menel-ordo.

I know I'm dead the next Night after we lynch Rikae as a wolf toDay. And sadly my day (RL) is the worst possible for playing werewolf. I have an early morning call and even if the Day is stretched because of the late start I may have trouble getting too much time online toDay.

EDIT: X'd from Rikae's first post onwards...
Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #277
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

You say the seer dreamt of you and found you innocent, Nogrod? That's convenient for you.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #278
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

So, looking through Menel's posts. Actually, there were not many people he spoke of. From people he accused, there were only Mac (for both Days), Rikae (also), then Sally (only on Day 2) and also Shasta on the first Day. These are the only four people he raises concern against. So, if he left any Seerish hints about any Wolves he revealed, they are among these four. Mac is of course innocent, that leaves Rikae, Sally and Shasta.

About Rikae he speaks in most of his posts on both Days, and votes her twice. As I already said, I think he dreamt of her, and if he did, then she's a Wolf.

About Shasta, he posts things like:
Quote:
Shasta, I'm kind of worried about you here. As far as I can tell, all your posts lately have been in-character banter, with little, if any, substance.
Quote:
Shasta is still a bit of a concern, due to the reasons I mentioned earlier, plus his suspicions of people because of their in-character actions don't strike me well either.
And then nothing on Day 2. Why this ceased is of question: but if he dreamt about Rikae on Night 1, he could have dreamt of Shasta (based on this concern he speaks of) on Night 2 and found him innocent.

About Sally, on Day 2 only:
Quote:
The situation I'm seeing here is this:
We've got a Rikae-Macalaure-Sally team of wolves going on here,.
(...) Sally has been suggested before as a possible third wolf, and I'm inclined to agree based on the voting patterns of Rikae and Mac, something that has been pointed out.
I'm convinced that Rikae is a wolf, and Macalaure is a close second. Sally is a distinct possibility, but I suspect the other two more.
Quote:
As to why you [Mac&Rikae] didn't vote for Sally, it's simple: She's the third Wolf.
I don't think there is much to be based on this. If anything, he might have dreamed about Sally on Night 3, but as he was killed the same Night, we cannot make any conclusions based on that.

edit: x-ed since my last post
Old 02-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #279
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaeWolf
Yes, this is a watertight argument -- we should focus solely on the Macalaure-voters(Legate, Greenie and Nerwen) today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the evil one amongst us
I do find the Macalaure voters wolfish, not because they lynched an ordo, but because they created suspicion out of thin air. I analyzed it yesterday, just go back and look -- the reasons behind lynching Macalaure were utter... mist.
I mean just go and look. I know I was wrong myself as I thought Mac the most suspicious yesterDay. Lommy talking about "dreams" and accusing Mac pretty determinedly... If Mac was a wolf the wolves had no chance but to kill her - no matter how bad it would look on Mac. The seer is the number one target whatever the cost. And Mac's posts early on Day2 looked sooo wolvish! Just look at them from this angle!

And look at Rikae's acts at the last minutes! See the treachery of women! See the treachery of ther werewolves!

Rikae votes at the exact deadline... for Nerwen (zero votes at that time) saying she couldn't vote for Mac or Sally "in good conscience". That was farewell my darling Mac! He was ready to be disposed of then...

At that point Mac could not have saved himself anymore. If Rikae would have voted for Sally he could have done that but for some reason Rikae neither voted for Sally or voted but at the last possible minute - so Mac had no chance to save himself by looking who he would have to vote. I'm pretty sure his vote coming one minute late was caused by Rikae's deliberate delay on her vote (there was 13 minutes between her vote and her earlier post) - remember it looked like there were only me, Rikae and Mac around: LG and McCaber just appeared out from thin air.

If we had retractables I would vote immediately but as I know never say never is more reasonable way of looking at things I'll still hold my vote waiting for a miracle. But it will require a miracle if I'm not suggesting we should lynch Rikae toDay.

EDIT: X'd since Rikae
Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #280
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Going over Menel's posts again, I have to think that Nogrod is probably right, and that he did dream of him on night one. I remember seeing his "it's a bad idea to lynch Nogrod" comment and thinking it was starnge, but I assumed it was a misunderstanding of the bantering accusations made toward Nogrod. Still, if he knew Nogrod was innocent, this might have made him more quick to worry about those "accusations."

As for night two, he did drop his suspicions toward Shasta, which suggests that he might have dreamt of him and found him innocent. Of course, I'm not sure why Shasta would be a logical dream choice - it seems to me that, considering how the votes went, he would have dreamt of Macalaure, Sally, Gwath or me.
Could he have dreamt of Macalaure and found him innocent? It seems strange that he would have encouraged suspicion toward both of us in that case, even though he didn't give his final vote to Macalaure, he didn't prevent his lynching, either. Then again, he voted for me knowing that I wasn't likely to be lynched either (and said he would have voted for me, but didn't, the day before.) Perhaps it suggests there was some sort of collateral-damage thinking on Menel's part -- he may have really thought me wolvish, though.
Could he have dreamt of Nerwen and found her innocent? He says at one point that Mac and I both suspecting her (and Agan) is suspicious.

EDIT: Bolding