The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #281
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I wonder why Brin was killed.
They could've gone with another trail-less kill.

Here are yesterDay's votes.

Mith -> Gwath (11:02 pm GMT)
Boro -> Lal (3:28 pm GMT)
Fea -> Boro (4:15pm GMT)
Izzy -> Nogrod (4:37 pm)
Gwath -> Nogrod2 (4:55pm)
Caber -> Sally (5:17pm)
Rikae -> Caber (5:28pm)
Nilp -> Gwath2 (5:51pm)
Sally -> Nogrod3 (5:53pm)
Lal -> Caber2 (5:57pm)
Brin -> Sally2 (5:59pm)
Mac -> Gwath3 (5:59pm)
Nerwen -> Boro2 (6:00pm)
Nogrod -> Gwath4 (6:00pm)

I wonder what it says about a person; who's top two suspects for at least a day and a half - both turn out ordo.

X'ed since LAl.

Edit2. Put spacing between names and times. Was jumbly.

Last edited by Isabellkya; 09-15-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #282
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well I was wring with that, wasn't I? Thankfully!

It's what I'd have done if I was a wolf - make it look like one of the ones I'd voted for had killed me. However, it doesn't mean the wolves won't get me tonight, does it? McCaber is still in there.

Edit - that was to Mith
Old 09-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #283
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why are you so certain you are at the top of the wolves' list, Lal?
Why did they pick Brin over you?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #284
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Why are you so certain you are at the top of the wolves' list, Lal?
Why did they pick Brin over you?
1. Because I always cop for it early, this time probably because of doing dumb things like forgetting rules, which makes you an easy kill for a wolf.
2. Because they want to stymie my strategies for flushing them out. Plus Brinn was an easy kill, having already attracted suspicion quite widely. Which is yet another reason why I am still a likely kill - some, but not heaps of, suspicions against me.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #285
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
However, it doesn't mean the wolves won't get me tonight, does it? McCaber is still in there.
Wait, so does that mean I'm a wolf or an innocent who's likely to get killed soon? With your pessimism, it's probably the former.

Now please stop trying to reverse-psychology the wolves and talk about other people for a change.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #286
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Things Brinn said yesterDay:
She stated that the CoD-voters were probably innocent, especially me and Mith.
In her list, leaning innocent: McCaber, me, Mith, Isabellkya
Unsure: Nilp, Shasta, Nerwen, Fea, Boro, Rikae, Lal
Leaning guilty: Nogrod, Sally (which later are her voting options, too)
She states that she doesn't return Boro's trust in her. Confused about Rikae and finds Lal odd.
She says she will take a closer look at Rikae.
Votes Sally.

Apart from the short explanations in her list, she sadly doesn't give much reasons for her suspicions of Nogrod and Sally. The Rikae thing might be interesting to keep in mind.

Things said to/about Brinn yesterDay:
There's Boro's theory in #150. Again, why, if he thought her innocent, did he question her that? As a test?
Rikae thinks Brinn is very innocent. Later she changes her mind and she's her second-best suspect (third-best in the end).
Nogrod goes after her because of her defense against Boro's question.
Boro thinks Brinn's defense was sincere and Nogrod's case forced. Nogrod defends his case.
Lal thinks she will be killed if Brinn is a wolf. Later, she states that she doesn't think Brinn is a wolf.
Nerwen doubts a Brinnwolf would have gone after Kath.
I agree with Nogrod's case. I consider a vote for her but decide against it.
Nilp agrees strongly with Nogrod's case. Votes Gwath because he doesn't see enough support for her.
In the end, Nogrod acknowledges Boro's point and relaxes his suspicion.

I still don't like Boro's part in this very much. Nogrod's case looks over-eager in hindsight, mine and Nilp's agreement stupid - if not worse. Nogrod's and Rikae's back-and-forth on Brinniel looks like the outcome of normal ordo unknowingness.

Why was Brinn killed:
There were others who looked more innocent. There were others who left less trails. I don't think what she said would have made Nogwolf or Sallysawolf think she was the seer. I assume that the wolves picked the most talkative villager who didn't leave trails towards them, but that's a risky conclusion. I can't shake off the feeling that there was something deeper behind it. A case against Rikae could be made but would be a stretch, I think.

Voting:
Mith -> Gwath (semi-random vote with a little reason, neither innocent nor suspicious)
Boro -> Lal (said it then, say it now: terrible reasoning)
Fea -> Boro (consistency in pointlessness?)
Isabell -> Nogrod (consistent with her suspicions, not a very suspicious vote)
Gwath -> Nogrod
McCaber -> Sally (consistent and non-suspicious)
Rikae -> McCaber (I don't really understand her case against him)
Nilp -> Gwath (fuel for a counter-bandwaggon to save fellow Nogwolf?)
Sally -> Nogrod (the suspiciousness of this vote largely depends on Nogrod's role)
Lal -> McCaber (keeping a third option alive)
Brinn -> Sally
Me -> Gwath (this vote looks very ugly if Nogrod turns out to be evil)
Nerwen -> Boro (this vote came out of nowhere - Nerwen, why oh why didn't you say a thing before? I would have preferred to vote for him, too, and Nog surely would have followed... if Boro is really evil, this could have been a secure wolf-on-wolf vote)
Nogrod -> Gwath (self-preservance and consistent with his suspicion)

A lot depends on Nogrod's role here, naturally. If Nogrod dies, it could be useful to have a look at yesterDay's voting again.

Gwath:
Thinks either Boro or Rikae is a wolf, but doesn't know which.
Other than that, he mostly defends himself against Nogrod and suspects him, of course. He votes for him, too.

Very little can be taken from that.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #287
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I don't like this one at all. The first part couldn't possibly be more generic ("strange stuff").~Mac
And I pointed out what was so "strange"...her insisting she would be wolf-meat last night.

Quote:
Then, as far as I'm aware, Lal is not an experienced wolf (third game, one time wolf, or do I mix things up?). This is a very old way of making someone look bad: just say that s/he is an experienced/dangerous wolf. It doesn't even need a context.~Mac
Was I the one who kept bringing up Lal's experience? Oh look who it is who keeps talking about Lal's experience...wow it's Lal!

Quote:
For the record, I don't think a wolf would vote for another wolf, because I've been a wolf before and it doesn't work like that.
Quote:
Again, cause I've been a wolf before. If I was one again I know I'd eat me up tonight.
Then after Mac pointed out how he felt my reasons were suspicious, Lal doees a 180.

Quote:
I've been a wolf just the once!
Quote:
I'm not an experienced player but even I wouldn't do that. I'm sure you wouldn't be so plain about it.
Which identity are you trying to play Lal? The "I've been a wolf and I know a wolf wouldn't do that" or the "I'm not experienced and I didn't know about the voting rules."
Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #288
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Wait, so does that mean I'm a wolf or an innocent who's likely to get killed soon? With your pessimism, it's probably the former.

Now please stop trying to reverse-psychology the wolves and talk about other people for a change.
Ah, so I am talking about the wolves?

Heh.

This is how I work things out you know. However, I also have another thought which is to look more closely at bandwaggoning. Another Wolf trick is to hang off the back of a bandwagon. That would bring up any number of suspects but especially late votes out of nowhere. I'm going to have a look at those I think, too.

Also, for those who consistently vote for the same person, I see three possibilities: 1 - they have courage of their convictions (yeah, right); 2 - they are trying not to appear shifty by relying on us thinking they are honest; 3 - they are lazy and cannot be bothered to think of anyone else. I might look at these, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Which identity are you trying to play Lal? The "I've been a wolf and I know a wolf wouldn't do that" or the "I'm not experienced and I didn't know about the voting rules."
Pht, no point trying to get me onto the lynching bandwagon that way, because I was being honest. Yes, I've been a wolf (and wasn't too bad at it, not great though) and I know the mindset you need to get into. Yes, I've been a wolf just once - which was a response to Mac who posted querying how many times I'd been a wolf.

So I didn't read through the rules before getting stuck in, as you and Mith have both been a bit too keen to pick up on. What's up? Wolves not get enough to eat last night so they have to eat scraps, eh? It's just a shadow and a thought because you should know I'm not exactly a rule-reader, am I?

Last edited by Lalwendë; 09-15-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Lalwendë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #289
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eh, it absolutely doesn't make sense, under normal conditions, for the wolves to kill someone as widely suspected as Brinn was. Thinking back, she also didn't seem remotely seerish.
Normally, I wouldn't think much could be gleaned from analyzing a kill, but this is a rather odd kill - almost a "wasted" kill, it looks like at first glance. Did Brinn say anything that looked possibly rangerish? Aside from that, I'd say it points to one of the following:
1) wolves under pressure who feel Brinn's death would relieve that pressure
2) inexperienced wolves

or does anyone else have other ideas?

I also think I'd like to go back and look at the Gwath voters - although the last few had a pretty straightforward "Nog saving" mission, of course.
I certainly approve of that, if only because I think the most skillful, talkative players are better kept around a little longer before judging them. I'm a little surprised to see Mac participating, though - from what I have seen, Mac has always suspected Nogrod (with or without reason) - it may even have been in every game the three of us have played together.
I shouldn't, I suppose, suspect Mac just because he may be trying to become less biased, though.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #290
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh come on...don't play the rebel without a clue card. I just don't believe you. Apart from anything else there is the extreme egotism of assuming you are the wolves top priority. Not to mention defensive....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #291
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The giga-voting-post for hardcore fans...

The times are GMT meaning the deadline is 17.00. The underlined/bolded are the persons whose posts are cited below them...

I've tried to collect a point or two people have made of their voting choices to give you a view of what they were doing. There's also a tally of that moment (after one's vote) so you can see the situation where the vote was made. Surely in the end there were a host of cross-votes. I fex. waited to the last moment to see Mac's vote on Gwath and acted accordingly then. And some people actually marked their X'votings.

So here we go then...

Mith

(about 19 hours before the DL)
Quote:
I find Gwathagor's response, to my response on his "correct me if I am wrong" re Captain of Despair baffling. How that pointing out that COD isn't an unsphisticated thinker makes me a wolf is beyond me.

Especially since he just agreed with Nogrod that it was unlikely that a COD voter were a wolf.

Sorry got to go but will vote

++Gwathagor
Gwath1

Boro

(14.09 GMT)
Quote:
Hmm...Lal might be creeping back up in my suspicions too. She's been saying some really strange stuff today (constantly saying she's going to be wolf-meat tonight?) Lal is an experienced wolf and I can't pin her behaviour as a wolf. She is making her activity known today, drawing attention to herself, so she could be the cobbler, just out to confuse us and try to turn the discussion away from the people she thinks are wolves.
(14.28)
Quote:
++Lalwende

There's something evil behind her intentions today, I don't know if she's feeling the pressure, or what it is, but it doesn't look right.
Gwath1, Lalwendë1

Fëa

(14.43)
Quote:
Because I know what I intuitively think you are, but that doesn't mean I'm going to apologize for any attempt I make on your life. 1) it's a game, and it's understood that it's a game. 2) why draw attention to yourself with a conspicuous display of confidence? 3) I'm not going to apologize for voting for you, because I'm highly likely to do it again.

I have to leave for work in a few minutes, and won't be back. That means a vote. And right now I'm tied between Shasta and Boro, for reasons that rationality don't yet support, but which I couldn't forgive myself for not acting on.
(15.15)
Quote:
++Boromir

(who could have seen that coming?)
Gwath1, Lalwendë1, Boro1

Isabellkya

(8.46)
Quote:
I don't know if I would vote for Nog, but I definately have my eye on him.
(the outcome of her analysis)

(15.37)
Quote:
Voting time..

++Nogrod
Gwath1, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod1

Gwath

(15.55)
Quote:
Since, at this point, there's no question in my mind who I am going to vote for, I may as well do it now.

++Nogrod

His arguments against me have, from the start, been forced, illogical, and exaggerative. I find him highly suspicious.
Gwath1, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod2

McCaber

(16.07)
Quote:
Yeah, I really don't like the way sally posted yesterDay, what with the "suspicion" of the Captain in quite a lot of posts but her vote trying to lead away from his death. (Old news, I know, but I just woke up. Give me a break.)
(16.17)
Quote:
Voting time!

++sally

for reasons already explained.
Gwath1, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod2, Sally1

Rikae

(14.37)
Quote:
Right now, my strongest feeling is that I don't like the way Brinn handles McCaber - and, furthermore, I don't like the way McCaber posts. I get the distinct impression she is trying to cover her bases where he's concerned (don't look like you're ignoring the possibility he's a wolf, but don't make it look like he actually is, either), while he is just poking his head in at the fringes of things, saying nothing that will elicit a response, and hoping no one notices him. Because Brinn is the more vocal of the two, I'm leaning toward voting for McCaber.
(16.02)
Quote:
As it stands, this allegation of "chumminess" looks suspiciously vague and makes me uneasier about both Brinn and Nilp (especially Nilp, because he repeated Brinn's wording without adding to it, and while claiming to suspect her).
(16.28)
Quote:
Nilp or McCaber... McCaber or Nilp... hmm....

++McCaber
Gwath1, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod2, Sally1, McCaber1

Nilp

(16.32)
Quote:
Gwath is rather twisty. Hehe. Meaning he seems to start with the premise that Nogrod is indeed a Wolf:
Quote:
However, I'm inclined to be more wary of any lists of "suspects" that wolves produce, no matter what point in the game they occur. (Gwath 168)

and then kinda goes on from there (198). Hey, I hate DAY 1s, too, man, but at least I listen to DAY 1 theories. Would you rather have us pulling names out of our hats? You vote for who you think the most suspicious is, no matter how you reach that conclusion. (Well, an innocent does. So far as I know . . . )

But your defence was simply . . . *shakes head* All this talking about what you might do if you were one or other, what you think he might think of what you're doing, etc. (which you did twice--once yesterDAY and this now toDAY) and rehashing DAY 1 discussion (I thought you hated DAY 1s, why bring them here in DAY 2?) is just *shakes head some more*.
(16.51)
Quote:
Hmm, and yes, voting for Brinniel does nothing. Suspect #2, however, already has a vote.

Ergo:

++Gwathagor
Gwath2, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod2, Sally1, McCaber1

Sally

(16.53)
Quote:
I read the thread last night and noted that Noggie's been on Gwath like Captain Jack on a TARDIS. I still don't see Gwath's big fault, he looks innocent to me, and it makes me think Nog is grasping at straws. Besides, why kill Gwath? It's the same reason I didn't vote for Captain yesterDay; not enough information from him (although I turned out to be right, dang it! heh) that I felt comfortable killing him. Maybe I'll agree with the case against Gwath at some point, but right now it feels too forced, and the post I quoted doesn't help things.

I'm sorry I couldn't explain more, but I don't want to completely spam you people like ten minutes before DL, so I'll just vote.

++Noggie
Gwath2, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod3, Sally1, McCaber1

Lalwendë

(~7˝ hours before dl)
Quote:
So I'm watching these today: McCaber, Isabellkya, Nerwen, Fea.....with Nilp most likely to be drawn out of my bag for a vote if no obvious wolves turn up.
(14.52)
Quote:
I'm still fishy about McCaber. After what Nerwen said, and now after what you've just said (= Rikae saying “I don't like the way McCaber posts.”), I have to admit he's looking shady.
(16.38)
Quote:
What about those who are being too careful too? To be honest, I'd worry about those more than I'd worry about Gwath and Nogrod.
(16.57)
Quote:
Out of my 3 candidates, I'm taking a punt on the idea of a wolf-on-wolf vote early yesterday, so I'm voting:

++McCaber
Gwath2, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod3, Sally1, McCaber2

Brinniel

(12 hours before DL)
Quote:
Nogrod: I don't really like the reasoning behind his suspicions. As I mentioned yesterDay, I think was reading too much into Gwath's post. He's definitely someone I need to take a closer look at tomorrow.

satansaloser2005: I agree that her vote was definitely the most suspicious of Day 1. But it isn't just the vote...I agree with Boromir; her behaviour feels a bit furry to me. She's another that I want to take a closer look at tomorrow.
(16.55)
Quote:
Best I stick with voting my original top two suspects. So will it be Nogrod or Sally?
(16.59)
Quote:
++Sally

Explanation coming...
(17.00)
Quote:
I was going to vote Nogrod, but this bandwagon against him worries me that I might be horribly wrong. Sally...her voting has been rather suspicious...
Gwath2, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod3, Sally2, McCaber2

Macalaure

(16.23)
Quote:
Worried about:
Boro(+1) - still don't like his behavior at the end of last day and has said a few worrying things today.
Brinn

Slightly worried about:
Fea(-1) - still don't know what to do with her, but I somehow feel a Feawolf would act differently.
Gwath(-1) - even though some seem to think differently, I think his posts today have looked more innocent than guilty.
Sally(-1) - her vote looks bad, but she hasn't done anything today to make me more suspicious.
(16.49)
Quote:
Since I wouldn't like to see Nogrod go now, I think I'll vote for one of the given candidates (unless a secure Brinn-waggon suddenly appears). I'm leaning towards voting for Boro, with Sally and Gwath as possible second choices.
(16.57)
Quote:
If I can't get Boro, I'd prefer Gwath over Sally.
(16.59)
Quote:
++Gwathagor

(edit: crossed with Brinn... great...)
Gwath3, Lalwendë1, Boro1, Nogrod3, Sally2, McCaber2

Nerwen

(11.39)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
Boro cannot be a wolf or he'd have jumped onto one of those bandwagons to save CoD and not randomly voted for moi. He gave no reason to be umming and ahhing and waiting til the end for nefarious reasons, he clearly had no clue.
Or he was waiting to see who else (other than CoD) would get the most votes. Or he's the cobbler. I should have thought both of these possibilities were fairly obvious.
(17.00)
Quote:
Running out of time...

++Boro.
Gwath3, Lalwendë1, Boro2, Nogrod3, Sally2, McCaber2

Nogrod

(17.00)
Quote:
++ Gwath
Gwath4, Lalwendë1, Boro2, Nogrod3, Sally2, McCaber2

I'll take a short break and come back with hopefully some ideas drawn from this mammouth - and of the latest posting as well (after I read it, that is).

EDIT: corrected quotes & boldings

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-15-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #292
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I just realized the above theory about the wolves excludes me - and there is nothing more wolfish than excluding oneself with a theory.
Although I am neither inexperienced, nor under pressure, as a wolf I might have killed Brinn (in certain moods) just to create the impression the wolves were either of those things.
Other than me, I might suspect Nogrod... Fea... and Boro... of such shenanigans.

Brinn's death also proves that Boro defended, and Nogrod attacked, an innocent. Not sure where to go with that...

EDIT: X'd with Mith and a huuuuuuge post from Nog
Old 09-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #293
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Nogrod - thanks for posting the votes, that's a big help.

Looking over them, Mac perhaps gets off the hook for voting to save Nogrod - Mith's Gwath vote looks a little fishy (at least by the reasons given here), and Nilp seems to vote based on what he said earlier about Gwath even after it was pointed out some of it was mistaken. The rest of his case against Gwath doesn't seem to make a lot of sense - meh.

EDIT: Sally's reasoning behind voting Nogrod looks very fishy. She compares Gwath to a known wolf, might suspect him later but doesn't want to now, and then (apparently) votes Nog for going after him? Bizarre.

Last edited by Rikae; 09-15-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #294
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Also, for those who consistently vote for the same person, I see three possibilities: 1 - they have courage of their convictions (yeah, right); 2 - they are trying not to appear shifty by relying on us thinking they are honest; 3 - they are lazy and cannot be bothered to think of anyone else. I might look at these, too.~Lalwende
I won't speak for Fea (I bet I can guess why), but I'm sure this includes me. I'll tell you, it's nothing personal dear, but I see a wolf and I won't be satisfied until I know your identity for sure.

So, Lal, care to tell us why you killed Brin last night?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #295
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I still think that the Day 1 voting record is the best to find a wolf. I'm going to take a closer look at those who tried to save the Captain at the last minutes. I know that includes sally, but I'm not sure who else.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #296
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Rikae - It was just bad timing. Gwathagor struck me as oddest at the time I had to vote. I had hoped a few more people would have been around before I had to go but..they weren't. I knew I was highly unlikely to get back on line and I believe in voting if at all possible. But I hadn't seen the godson since his birthday last December so I couldn't really not go and fill him with excessive amounts of icecream - I mean feeding godchildren lots of icecream is in the Baptism Service along with renouncing the Devil and all his works and buying slightly unsuitable (as in noisy, messy and not educational) presents .

Old 09-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #297
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Random thought...I don't like Nerwen's vote for me, it's a throw away, and based on my vote for Lal. Wasting your vote on me Nerwen, so you can keep your hands clean yesterday?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #298
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
How about "At least two people called my vote pure spite, and I don't enjoy people thinking I would be the type of person who does that"?
You are getting a bit obsessive about this- if I am included in this I would remind you that I said your attack on Boromir looked as if it could be spite but because I didn't think you were that type of person, it might well be using history as a cover.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #299
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
You are getting a bit obsessive about this-~Mith
I don't think so...Fea went after Shasta pretty good for that "apology" and Shasta responded back.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #300
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Some points from yesterDay's voting then.

Mith - Pretty light grounds but it was also stupenduosly early. I'm not sure what to make of it - actual haste and just voting for the first reason coming by or something else. Hard to say. (add: seeing Mith's new post there kind of makes me a bit easier with the grounds for her vote)

I'm a bit bothered by Nilp's way of making his points with it's recurring *shakes head* -theme. There is a general twisted feeling in there but it maybe I'm just seeing ghosts.

Sally pushed me nicely into the lead - on the brink of the lynch in fact. Now if she's a wolf that was something she would be happy about. Looking at the grounds for the vote do not look too impressive (well, whose grounds would do that?) but her timing looks like perfect for a wolf.

It's interesting that Nerwen comes in and votes Boro just like that at the deadline. And the short quote I gave you in my giant-post was all she had to say of Boro before that on Day2...

Lal managed to creep into Boro's suspicions worth a vote in twenty minutes (quite fast creeping!). That was quite an easy vote from Boro...

Fëa's insistence on lynching Boro is either having fun with him with no better options around or a perfect wolf-hide. Last time I suspected her on somewhat similar grounds and we lynched her she was an ordo though, so I'm going to be a bit more careful this time with her as long as I'm along in this game.

Isabell, McCaber, Rikae and Lalwendë are pretty consistent all the time. Now that might look good to a hasty player but in the end only the wolves have an easy time being consistent as they know what they are doing...

Finally from Mac I'd like to ask which made him change his mind in the last 30 minutes from this:
Quote:
Gwath(-1) - even though some seem to think differently, I think his posts today have looked more innocent than guilty.
Sally(-1) - her vote looks bad, but she hasn't done anything today to make me more suspicious.
to this:
Quote:
I'd prefer Gwath over Sally.
Wouldn't it feel that "looks more innocent than guilty" is giving cleaner papers than "not made me more suspicious"?

So sorry guys, I'm suspecting you all at the moment.

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-15-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: FOrgot the initial "heading" there which no more made sense as I decided to look at everyone and not only those who jumped up
Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #301
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
I don't think so...Fea went after Shasta pretty good for that "apology" and Shasta responded back.
I missed that ... sorry...

Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #302
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Oh come on...don't play the rebel without a clue card. I just don't believe you. Apart from anything else there is the extreme egotism of assuming you are the wolves top priority. Not to mention defensive....
What card? Everyone knows what I'm like. More than ever these days.

You can call me egotistical if you like, I'll admit it does look like that, though I was only looking at what a wolf-Lal might have done in the circumstances. And I won't drop the thought because it's still a possibility, even more so now the wolves are picking up on that.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #303
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I won't vote know becasue I don't have too but it very likely will be for Lalwende
Reasons

Too much ic nonsense day one accompanied by a list of names with helpful comments such as No idea. About only constructive comment said that she thougth I might have a special role. Cheers. If you think I am a wolf say it, if not don't point me out to them...

Day 2 we have paranoia without good reason.

Overall spectacularly jumpy - jumps on to other peoples ideas. Professes expertise on wolfing on one outing but professes not to know the set up... goodness knows I sometimes skim the narrative for the hard facts but surely everyone checks out the basics before the start - no of wolves, gifteds, vote type? Don't they?

Altogether far too like the last time I spotted her as a wolf... which perhaps means she is a cobbler, but I can't believe she is up to any good.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #304
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Isabell, McCaber, Rikae and Lalwendë are pretty consistent all the time. Now that might look good to a hasty player but in the end only the wolves have an easy time being consistent as they know what they are doing...
Can't speak for the others (two of whom are high on my own suspicion list at the moment), but it's been easy for me to be consistent because no one seems to agree with me. It might seem perverse, but it's when too many people start agreeing with my suspicions that I usually start doubting them (suspecting wolvish bandwagoning). Too much consensus makes me antsy.

Last edited by Rikae; 09-15-2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: fixing quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #305
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
What card? Everyone knows what I'm like. More than ever these days.

You can call me egotistical if you like, I'll admit it does look like that, though I was only looking at what a wolf-Lal might have done in the circumstances. And I won't drop the thought because it's still a possibility, even more so now the wolves are picking up on that.
Well it is basic courtesy to a moderator to take some notice of the arrangements they have made and I am sure that it is a logical impossibility for you to say you would kill yourself as a wolf - thougth I am sure Nogrod has a fancy name for it. I still believe that unless you are one, the wolves just aren't that into you

I think we will hear cries of Wonga-wonga very soon.....

Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #306
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

That aforementioned "suspicion list":

Naughty:
Rikae - Naughty, as always, but not wolfishly or cobblerishly so (unless my right hand doesn't know what my left is doing ).
Nilp - For reasons already given (copying nonsensical arguments wording and all, faulty reasoning) plus odd voting yesterDay.
Sally - For some very creepy voting yesterday.
McCaber - For reasons given before. I think he's flying under the radar, and what little he gives us hasn't been reassuring.
Isabellkya - For similar reasons as McCaber. There are also some specific things in her posts I didn't like, but I'll have to go back over them later.

Neutral:
Nerwen - She hasn't set off any alarms yet, but she hasn't inspired my trust, either.
Boro - Yes, I suspected him before, and I still do, but moderately. Sometimes he looks downright evil, sometimes not... he's the closest here to the "naughty" category.
Fea - I haven't seen anything particularly worrying, but I'm wary of her anyway.
Mith - Nothing particularly bad, but she seems a bit slippery.
Lalwendë - Although - she played the "confused innocent" role during her time as a wolf, if I recall correctly - she seems perhaps cobblerish, but not wolfish now.

Nice:
Nogrod - For the time being, anyway, I think he looks innocent. Trouble is, I have a hard time spotting evil Nogs - he tends to look the same to me whatever his role.
Mac - He looks ok to me (except for defending Nogrod being out of character... but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one). His vote on Day 1 looks good.
Shasta - No alarms so far, but he hasn't given us enough for me to decide he looks innocent, either. Still, not really a suspect now.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #307
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well I am off. Just to focus minds - since seemingly there is a point of stating the obvious. I make it 13 players left. 2 wolves, 1 cobbler, 3 gifted, 7 ordos. Bear the different agendas in mind while looking at suspects.

Time to go home..... time to go home, Mithalwen is waving good bye....

Old 09-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #308
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
It might seem perverse, but it's when too many people start agreeing with my suspicions that I usually start doubting them (suspecting wolvish bandwagoning). Too much consensus makes me antsy.
It's nothing perverse indeed. Or then we are both perverts as that is very much a shared feeling.

In the first games I tended to jump on those who suspected me - and it is a natural reaction as it feels bad - but one should get over it in the end. Aren't all those suspecting your own high-innocentness the ultra-evil...?

Also it was easy to see that those who disagreed with your suspicions in general were purposefully preventing your own great ideas to win the day.

I'm at least hoping I'm getting a bit better at overcoming these but sadly the gut reactions are still functioning even if I know where the ideas they bring me come from...

Just to give you an example.

I have been quite comfortable with Mac's sober attitude towards me this game and was almost delighted when he shared some of my ideas - and I do owe my continued existence in this game to him to be sure (that's pretty tough to overlook - although it would indeed be the perfect trick performed by the wolf!). But somewhere in the back of my head there has been a quiet voice squeaking: "Look, look, he's dangerous now, why is he doing all that? Every other time he's at you from his first post onwards?" (just a slight overexaggeration for the dramatics).

So I'm very much aware that he might be toying with me with his attitude but the feel-good factor does help a bit to overcome the critical instinct inside. That's just how it works even if you know it works like that.

EDIT: X'd from Rikae...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #309
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I won't vote know becasue I don't have too but it very likely will be for Lalwende
Reasons

Too much ic nonsense day one accompanied by a list of names with helpful comments such as No idea. About only constructive comment said that she thougth I might have a special role. Cheers. If you think I am a wolf say it, if not don't point me out to them...

Day 2 we have paranoia without good reason.

Overall spectacularly jumpy - jumps on to other peoples ideas. Professes expertise on wolfing on one outing but professes not to know the set up... goodness knows I sometimes skim the narrative for the hard facts but surely everyone checks out the basics before the start - no of wolves, gifteds, vote type? Don't they?

Altogether far too like the last time I spotted her as a wolf... which perhaps means she is a cobbler, but I can't believe she is up to any good.
Most of the above we could say about you.

You wrote just as much 'IC nonsense' on the first day (I think I did 2-3 posts with it in before I got bored with it) as I did. You made no constructive comments. I started day 2 with my own theories, no other people's, even though sticking your neck out does make you bandwagon fodder (it would be a boring game if everyone played it safe and just hid away).

And as for the (yawn) thing about me not knowing about the votes, I perhaps have more excuse than most to be distracted but I have not stooped to pull out excuses until now. Oh, there it is, I made an excuse, now I'm just the same as everyone else

Are you, to quote the mighty Duran Duran, Hungry Like The Wolf.....?

You are singularly obsessed with this, and yet you accuse others of having obsessions over someone in the game? Do you know your own tricks best? That's coupled with the small suspicions I've already had for you, based on some seemingly flippant (artfully flippant?) voting and early voting.

Edit - and late voting. Very late voting, folks. There's an interesting Mith/Boro exchange on page 4 where Mith asks Boro if he wants to get lynched, and then she votes for CoD at the last minute (Boro would have been curtains otherwise). Boro says that he 'wouldn't have been the biggest loss'. What? Out of 3 wolves? And now I am on their bandwagon...

Last edited by Lalwendë; 09-15-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Lalwendë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #310
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
If you want somebody to say yes to a request, you ask them in person.

If you want to know what a person's really like? You don't ask. You accuse. You make a scene. You cause some trouble. And you observe reactions. Reactions are very much more telling than actions.

Shasta and Boro, congrats for passing my unofficial test for the day. Tomorrow, who knows. Today, you're off my hitlist.

I could see a Mithwolf in this game...
Old 09-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #311
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I have debated whether I wanted to say this, because I'm sure some of you will be reminded of my last village (when I was fanged) and I did a comprehensive Durelin (the seer) analysis after we killed her. But, I don't care, I'm going to say this about Brin's death and if it makes me look furry, so be it. It needs to be brought up.

A post of Brin's that stuck out (to me) is post 196 where she gives her thoughts on everyone in the village. Thus, I think it's possible the wolves might have seen this as the seer trying to give out information. Brin says "I will look at [insert name here] more..." or "I want to see..." I guess the problem is words like "look" and "see" aren't necessarily seer hints, because they're commonly used by everyone. But, what if the wolves went after Brin, because they thought she was the seer and in 196 she was trying to give hints.

I think that because her "possible wolf list" is really short:
Quote:
Possible Wolf
Nogrod
Sally
And here's what she said about Nogrod:
Quote:
Nogrod: I don't really like the reasoning behind his suspicions. As I mentioned yesterDay, I think was reading too much into Gwath's post. He's definitely someone I need to take a closer look at tomorrow.
And Sally:
Quote:
satansaloser2005: I agree that her vote was definitely the most suspicious of Day 1. But it isn't just the vote...I agree with Boromir; her behaviour feels a bit furry to me. She's another that I want to take a closer look at tomorrow.
This would point towards Nogrod and sally then. Durelin obviously notes she doesn't know for "certain" about these two, but if one of them was a wolf, maybe they were looking to silence the (assumed) seer, before she found out for sure?

By Brin's admittance her "no idea" list is too big, and she has 5 people (including herself) in the "probably innocent" list. I will add on though there was a lot of dialogue between Nogrod, Brin, and me on whether the seer would dream of Brin, or not. Maybe the wolves thought that was a tip off too? I don't see anything else that would suggest some type of seer hint, and right now I'm thinking this idea is a bit of a stretch.

Edit: oops...when I said "Durelin obviously notes..." I meant Brin.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-15-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #312
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
If you want somebody to say yes to a request, you ask them in person.

If you want to know what a person's really like? You don't ask. You accuse. You make a scene. You cause some trouble. And you observe reactions. Reactions are very much more telling than actions.

Shasta and Boro, congrats for passing my unofficial test for the day. Tomorrow, who knows. Today, you're off my hitlist.

I could see a Mithwolf in this game...
Do I get a gold Charms feather?

In all seriousness, Lal is acting extremely oddly. I could definately see her as the cobbler in this instance; I'm as-yet unsure of her wolfishness factor. I'll do some more reading.

Expect more posting from me after rehearsal (e.g. in about three or four hours from now).

Edit: X'd with Boro.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #313
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro says that he 'wouldn't have been the biggest loss'. What? Out of 3 wolves? And now I am on their bandwagon...~Lal
If I had any special role I wouldn't want to get lynched on Day 1, and would do whatever I could to not get lynched. As no one special, I would have liked to stay around longer, but if I did get lynched it wouldn't have mattered.

I think Mith's provided good reasoning to why she's jumped onboard against you (and don't you think you over-exaggerate? 2 people doth a bandwagon not make).

Anyway, I'll tell you why I don't like your "I'm going to be killed by the wolves" stuff last night. If you're innocent you're either gifted or ordinary.

1. If you're gifted I have no idea why you would be so obvious in telling the wolves you're gifted, and clueing them into killing you . It would make sense for the hunter, but you can't be the hunter, because there is no hunter in this village.

2. You're an ordinary innocent trying to pose as someone gifted (thus providing cover for the real gifteds). If you're innocent I say bravo, but obviously the wolves didn't buy it so just give up the act.

3. You're a baddie. You're either a wolf and trying to scare people into believe you're gifted and thus you shouldn't be lynched. Or you're the cobbler just creating confusion.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #314
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

That was a fine one Boro!

(EDIT: The theory about Brinn being looked by the wolves as being the seer that is. Just to make it clear this is not referring to Boro's post on Lalwendë)

I mean I really appreciated that one. I've never thought you lacked capabilities or were not in these games for good sport.

The scenario you suggest is near plausible* one, though as you say yourself:
Quote:
I guess the problem is words like "look" and "see" aren't necessarily seer hints, because they're commonly used by everyone.
Not indeed as they are used about 90% of the time people talk about their intentions of what they will do the next Day or later that Day.

But the problem with this is that this kind of speculation is coming from you! Really, when you're innocent you're quite straightforward, no monkey-bussiness, no conspiracies, "if it talks like it & walks like it - it is it" -man. You were supposed to be the guy who always told me not to fabricate too far-fetched or streched arguments as they were no good.

Then again it really looks like you've doing this somehow in "earnest" - or at least wished to make it look like a bit more serious thought - even if the reservations you put there yourself. That was no banter or joke thrown on board which you do all the time when innocent as well but basically a semi-serious effort to really suggest the focus the search to be adjusted.

I don't see you as a wolf. But my idea of you being actually the cobbler of the town just strengthens...

* "near plausible" meaning I will keep this in mind when looking at Sally but if my sense of your cobblerism doesn't come down I will in the end probably ignore it... if you thought by that way to save Sally whom you think is a wolf, then kudos for you! You deserve a feather into your hat that being the case.

EDIT: X'd with Boro

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-15-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #315
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Decent points on Lal, Boro. I'm actually torn between which one of you is the cobbler...
Old 09-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #316
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boro, do you usually 'mimic' the words and phrasing of others?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #317
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Yep, I don't like the way Izzy hangs around the fringes of things, occasionally "poking" at someone as if in an attempt to see if she can get suspicions flowing that way.
That's one thing that was bugging me.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #318
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Nothing more?
Well, I have to work tomorrow, so I suppose I'd better vote now.

++Sally
Old 09-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #319
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Random thought...I don't like Nerwen's vote for me, it's a throw away, and based on my vote for Lal.
No, that's not why I voted you.

This is why I voted you–

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I find Boro's behaviour most peculiar. His neck was on the line for the last hour– why didn't he vote one of the other leads to save himself? (True, I guess he couldn't have known about Sally's vote for him, but then he couldn't have known about Mith's for CoD either).
You still haven't explained that, Boro.

As for Lal herself... I don't know. Yesterday her behaviour looked more newbie-ish than anything to me, but toDay... I don't know. Can anyone really be this naive?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #320
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm not sure how analyzing Nog's and Sally's posts for a day and a half is considered poking.

It is a legitimate question which I posed to Boro.

You put Nilp on your naughty list for copying arguments, yet I don't see Boro there for that reason as well.

Edit. Fixed a tag.