The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #961
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
The night before last night I had a long and vague un-BD dream which featured a short episode with Mithalwen as a fairy godmother living in a creepy ghost manor full of spider webs and Nogrod playing a strategy computer game called "Commodus" against Legate in the internet.
I just have to point out one thing: please look carefully at the syntax of the sentence. The second part obviously says "...living in a creepy ghost manor full of spider webs and Nogrod"
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #962
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
^Now that is what I would call nit-picky...

Anyway, I had two BD dreams last night. The first one was quite horrible, the second one quite crazy.

In the first one, I heard about an explosion there had been in the healing houses of Rivendell (which was situated in Idaho). My first reaction was: "Oh my god, Brinniel was there!" I wanted to find out if she was alright, so I and my three closest friends tried to find a hospital from which we could call some Idaho hospital. It was quite difficult and I was thinking all the time: "I hope Brinn's not dead, I hope Brinn's not dead..." Aganzir (being one of those three friends) was thinking other things: "I just pity Oddwen. She has a horrible flu and no one's paying any attention to her - everybody's just thinking about Brinniel. Poor Oddwen, this always happens to her." We didn't find a hospital, but we found a library and I dashed to a computer and went to check BD, LiveJournal and Facebook if there were any news of Brinn. To my horror, there was a short message in her facebook page: "We lost both our daughters today. Our little Victoria, who was only 14 years old, has left this world. We are both heart-broken and comforted by the idea that her older sister Erin will be there to guide her to the other world. Our grief is endless. -Erin's mother". I just looked at it and thought it can't be true and started crying. Then I woke up. I was looking at the computer screen (which showed Brinn's facebook page) and my three friends were standing behind me. "Ir was only a nightmare, wasn't it?" I asked. My friends said they didn't know and that I should update the page (which was still showing the morbid message of Brinn's mother). I updated it and it disappeared. "So it was a dream!" I concluded and burst laughing, I was so relieved. I wrote Brinn a facebook comment saying: "I had a horrible nightmare last night." Then, the dream really ended.

It was quite a scary dream and odd too. I know it must sound comical (especially that Oddwen-part) but it really didn't feel comical at all before I woke up in the dream. But Rivendell's in Idaho? And Brinn has a little sister called Victoria?

The other dream was maybe as weird but far less depressing. In it, The Might had founded a mine and wanted to capture slaves to work in it. For some reason, he ended up choosing Nogrod (who was described as a "woodland sámi person"), the father of a friend of mine (he was described as a shaman), a Rohir man called Slimyhands and me.

Sadly, I woke up before anything else happened in the dream. I really wonder about that Rohir man and the descriptions of Nogrod and my friend's father...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #963
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I think my plan has been uncovered...must run!

I would actually be interested to ask how I looked in the dream?
Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 AM   #964
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
The first dream was really horrible, Lommy. I can't possibly imagine a sadder dream. In the general context, even that comment does not sound too much comical. *shudders* If I even had such a dream, it would be quite horrific experience, I must say. I would like to see what Brinn thinks of that.

And the second one was really weird. Though I always knew TM was up to no good
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 AM   #965
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Why thank you, Lommy. Of course I know how cold you've always considered me, but isn't that exaggeration?

I laughed quite much at the second dream, though.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #966
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmmm...sorry for being such a pity-monger... ;/

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #967
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
I would actually be interested to ask how I looked in the dream?
Oh, I forgot that part. You looked quite odd. You were some sort of cyborg. You were about 2m tall and you had broad shoulders and your robotic suit (or something like that) was in the colours of your avatar. You had a helmet or a mask, but your face looked quite similar as in the photopage pic.

Seriously, I wonder if there's something wrong with me as I didn't consider that special or weird enough to be mentioned...
Old 12-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #968
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I really can't understand how you dream up such things. I find it odd that all around me have such dreams, while I haven't dreamt anythign I can remember in eons.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #969
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I died?! Well, that is a horrible dream or rather, dream within a dream.

I don't know what's more shocking: that I died, or the fact that Rivendell is in Idaho of all places (god forbid), or that I must have an illegitimate sister out there somewhere because she's certainly news to me.

Anyways, it's a good thing I'm not in Idaho right now, otherwise I might be a little more freaked out. Btw, if you have any sort of psychic ability Lommy, please do tell me now.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #970
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
First, I was talking in French with Lhuna and it was really very bad as I did not seem to be able to put together a simple sentence.
It feels oddly good to be dreamt about after a looong time. Must be a sign of addiction...

How your subconscious knew that I'm currently attempting to speak French (actually, sing in French - a version of "Angels We Have Heard on High") is beyond me, but I can assure you such a conversation would be equally bad for my part. I've only recently developed a profound respect for French speakers.

Lommy, I prescribe a few days without sleep, and no Downs either.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:08 AM   #971
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
It feels oddly good to be dreamt about after a looong time. Must be a sign of addiction...
From whose part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
How your subconscious knew that I'm currently attempting to speak French (actually, sing in French - a version of "Angels We Have Heard on High") is beyond me, but I can assure you such a conversation would be equally bad for my part. I've only recently developed a profound respect for French speakers.
I don't know. I think that the very easy explanation could be that my subconscious messed up France and Philippines because they both start on F (at least if one is not writing that with English spelling). But that's a mistake I would never make consciously and I don't even think French was supposed to be your mother language in that dream. But it's the only thing that I thought of right now.

While I am here, I might add that today I had a Downish dream (again). I won't be elaborating on that here fully, also I don't remember it all, but the point was that I missed certain Downer's birthday and I was sitting by the "Happy birthday" thread which was slowly filling with congratulations from all the Downers, only I was just sitting in there, thinking what better than just "happy birthday" should I post. And since I spent so much time sitting by there, whenever I got any idea of what I could post, I refreshed the page and saw that it was already posted meanwhile. The dream was really, really depressing - or at least I felt like that.

Oh, and I could also mention one funny detail, that among all the congratulations TM posted (with no connection to anything around) a short post saying: "My head does not look like a coloured helmet."
Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #972
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Mine, of course, Legate.

I just woke up from a BD dream. I was in a Werewolf game - it felt like it was a real life game but I didn't quite get the same heavy heart-thumping feeling I did the last time I dreamt of it, if I did dream of it at all - and we were several Days into it. The wolves were in a desperately mad hunt for the Seer so they began killing every which person they thought was the Seer (just like what Eomer and Oromin did in WW VII, when they had taken down dancing spawn and Elempi before Eomer, after Oromin's lynching, thought of killing Kath) and the person who had been killed the previous Night was Valier the Arranger, and Mandos had something to do with her death. I was wondering why it took the wolves so long to kill me, but I realised then that I was just an ordo Lover and they would not take any interest in killing me. And then late in the night, or it was very early morning, I was hiding from the wolves in my parents' room, then my dad awoke and asked me, "You're still alive?" Then he began asking me if I was taking the standard precautionary measures (whatever they were) to keep myself from getting killed.

Too bad I never found out who the other Lover was.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 12-02-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Getting my Werewolf history straight: Enca was killed after Kath
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #973
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I suppose the dream about Brinn was horrible to experience but I thought it was really quite funny to read about. Especially the part about poor Oddwen and her flu...

I had a very long and disturbing dream the other night which had nothing to do with any BDer, but then at the very end I walked out of my grandmother's house and since, apparently, Rune lives across the street (who knew?) I went over there and he came outside wearing a fake a mustache and goatee and told me, very excitedly, that he was going to El Dorado. Then he started to sing and dance, and I wondered if it was from The Man of La Mancha but decided it was best not to ask, so I just smiled and nodded.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #974
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sadly, Lhuna's advice came too late: I had already gone to sleep and as you might guess, I had BD dreams. The first one was quite vague and it involved almost all players of Nog's game posting something on the admin thread. Scarily enough, when I woke up there had been quite a many posts on the admin thread...

The second one was very odd. Or what do you think of this:

I was in a kitchen that looked suspiciously like Agan's kitchen. There was an identical kitchen next to it. I was in the first kitchen, Legate was in the second one. I did not have a cheese slicer but I needed one, so I went to Legate's kitchen to ask if he could borrow me one. I came back to my kitchen with the cheese slicer Legate had borrowed me and realised I didn't have cheese either, so I had to go back to Legate's kitchen and ask if he could borrow me some cheese as well.

*does not want to hear a freudian interpretation of this*
Old 12-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #975
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
The second one was very odd. Or what do you think of this:

I was in a kitchen that looked suspiciously like Agan's kitchen. There was an identical kitchen next to it. I was in the first kitchen, Legate was in the second one. I did not have a cheese slicer but I needed one, so I went to Legate's kitchen to ask if he could borrow me one. I came back to my kitchen with the cheese slicer Legate had borrowed me and realised I didn't have cheese either, so I had to go back to Legate's kitchen and ask if he could borrow me some cheese as well.

*does not want to hear a freudian interpretation of this*
Well, I don't know what to say.

It just suddenly seems to me now that the range of BD smileys is very limited. You would probably have to see my face.

I don't know: Lommy, do you want me to rep you or should I rather try to dream something similar about you?

...That is, if repping for a dream is "politically correct".
Old 12-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #976
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
I really can't understand how you dream up such things.
Neither do I, but I'm glad of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Btw, if you have any sort of psychic ability Lommy, please do tell me now.
Well, as you might see, I had that odd-ish admin-thread thing and earlier this year I dreamed of Farael right before he reappeared here in the 'downs after a long absence... So maybe you should avoid Rivendell just to be on the safe side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I don't know: Lommy, do you want me to rep you or should I rather try to dream something similar about you?
If you can control your subcosncious, go on and have odd dreams... If you can't, well, I guess you have to be content with laughing at my very odd subconscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
...That is, if repping for a dream is "politically correct".
Politically correct? Is there some official code for which kind of things you can rep people? If there is, I'm probably breaking it all the time...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #977
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
If you can control your subcosncious, go on and have odd dreams... If you can't, well, I guess you have to be content with laughing at my very odd subconscious.
I will try and tell you after toNight... I mean tonight.

Quote:
Politically correct? Is there some official code for which kind of things you can rep people? If there is, I'm probably breaking it all the time...
Hm, I only thought that in fact a dream is not intentional invention of yours (at least normally). Though your choice is to post it here to contribute to us having fun, so that is what you could be awarded for. And speaking of it, I recall I repped some dreams I liked even in the past, so it's already upon me.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #978
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Hm, I only thought that in fact a dream is not intentional invention of yours (at least normally). Though your choice is to post it here to contribute to us having fun, so that is what you could be awarded for. And speaking of it, I recall I repped some dreams I liked even in the past, so it's already upon me.
Yes, it'd be far more convenient if there would always be separate BD accounts for every person and their subconscious...
Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #979
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

The night before last night I had a long and vague un-BD dream which featured a short episode with Mithalwen as a fairy godmother living in a creepy ghost manor full of spider webs and Nogrod playing a strategy computer game called "Commodus" against Legate in the internet.

At least I was not dead and I got a big house

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #980
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had one again..

After a long and odd introduction part (featuring a sulky Faramir who was wearing trendy glasses and Boromir leaving for Rivendell by tram) my last night's dream turned quite gruesome.

I came home and went to see my tortoise. In the dream, I also had another tortoise. When I looked to the terrarium to see if the tortoises were alright, I found a third tortoise. I picked it up to have a closer look at it. The most creepy part was that it had six legs instead of four. I dropped it and almost instantly I realised that my tortoise had two extra legs as well. And then I realised there were several other six or eight legged tortoises in the room. It was horrible. I climbed to sit on my bed (yes, climbed, I and my sis have a bunk bed and I'm sleeping in the upper bed) to be further away from the grotesque tortoises and wailed I must be cursed.

I heard a maniac laugh and a voice that told that my skin would be ripped off. So, suddenly I was without skin and wondering how could I still be alive. (Thank you, Nogrod, and your ww narrations... ) Horrified, I tried to see how it had affected me. My bare arms looked pretty normal (so nothing like just muscles and bones), just paler and little red lines were everywhere. I remember I thought I didn't want to see how my face looked.

I decided to call my aunt and ask for advice if she knew any witch who could make a counter-course. She told me I should have a look at a text she would send me and that I should call an Indian witch who was in her forties. The text was a very long philosophic dialogue between Lhunardawen and a witch deity. I called the witch (who turned out to be Nerindel). She told me I should not trust Kath's advice, because "she can't see the reality. There's a wall full of holes between each human being and the reality. Kath, she can only see through those holes, nothing more. She can't remove the wall in her mind. Even you have more potential." And then, thankfully, she told me she'd help me.

After that I woke up. That was all too crazy and quite disgusting. I continuously have dreams of sinister extra tortoises popping out from places and something horrible happening to my little darling tortoise, but this was one of the most disturbing this far. The sight of a six or eight legged tortoise is something very, very creepy. Though, the part with Boromir and Faramir was just hilarious, and I find it funny what my dream said of Kath, who had just been revealed to be the seer in the current ww game before I went to sleep.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #981
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
... huh!? Though I suppose seeing through holes in a wall is a pretty good description of a Seer! Still, scary dream there Lommy.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #982
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
:O What a dream! Have you been reading Renegade's Magic by Hobb lately?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #983
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Seriously, Lommy, maybe you should stop playing WW for a while. Though it's true that the fear for your tortoise is understandable (while the six-legged thing isn't ) and I could maybe think of other origins for the witches part as well, this is still all too creepy.

Well, at least there was the Boromir and Faramir part...

But I would like to pose a question whether Nogrod is sure the outcome of his narrations may not result in lifelong traumas among the readers?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #984
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

What?
I still can't understand how you can dream that?
Probably if I had a gramm of LSD I still wouldn't dream that...
The Downs seems to be an even worse drug then that
Old 12-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #985
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
But I would like to pose a question whether Nogrod is sure the outcome of his narrations may not result in lifelong traumas among the readers?
Even if there's nothing new to anyone who has read any other history-books than those designed for the first grades of the elementary school, I will be getting nicer and nicer... that's not only a promise but also a plan I had before the game began...

But yes Lommy, a weird dream indeed...

Are you sure you're not neglecting the Myth (that's the name of her tortoise) and that's just your bad conscience reminding you about it?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #986
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mehehehe Noggie's narration for my death gave me nightmares.

No seriously. I have some weird fear of eyes, and when I got lynched I got stabbed in the eye with a fork. I about threw up.

And I kept waking up in the middle of the night after dreaming that I'd been attacked by all the other villagers and stuff. I get WAY too involved in that bloody game. I have had some other interesting ones throughout this last game due to lack of sleep and general craziness, but they actually have something to do with the game itself and people who are still alive, so I'll keep those amusements to myself.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 AM   #987
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Have you been reading Renegade's Magic by Hobb lately?
No. I've been meaning to read it for a long time, though, but I guess that doesn't count...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
Even if there's nothing new to anyone who has read any other history-books than those designed for the first grades of the elementary school, I will be getting nicer and nicer... that's not only a promise but also a plan I had before the game began...
Wasn't that only part of the truth...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
What?
I still can't understand how you can dream that?
Probably if I had a gramm of LSD I still wouldn't dream that...
The Downs seems to be an even worse drug then that
I really don't know... I just have a very vivid imagination and odd subconscious, I guess.

Quote:
Are you sure you're not neglecting the Myth (that's the name of her tortoise) and that's just your bad conscience reminding you about it?
The Myth sounds like The Might... Why not use his real name and just say Myytti? Anyway, I hope I haven't been neglecting him and you should be grateful I'm not someone who would take that kind of joke too seriously because I just had a vision of you telling a young mum she must be neglecting her child because she's having nightmares of something bad happening to him/her!

Last edited by Thinlómien; 12-07-2007 at 05:26 AM. Reason: I wonder what does emaning to do something mean.. does it have something to do with he-man? :eek:
Old 12-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #988
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
[QUOTE=Legate of Amon Lanc;538444]Well, at least there was the Boromir and Faramir part...

QUOTE]

I wonder if it was "our" Boromir or the book one....

Last edited by Mithalwen; 12-07-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #989
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I wonder if it was "our" Boeromir or the book one....
Actually I thought there could have been at least some connection, since there was that part about Faramir's glasses, and looking at Boro's avvie...

Quote:
The Myth sounds like The Might... Why not use his real name and just say Myytti?
Or one may start to think about Mythalwen.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #990
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Actually I thought there could have been at least some connection, since there was that part about Faramir's glasses, and looking at Boro's avvie...

Or one may start to think about Mythalwen.
Ah well that at least mightmake it clearer that my name is Mith-alwen not Mithal-wen..at least as I say it...

And as for the avvie..... well that could starta new thread - recast the fellowship with international pokerplayers..

Last edited by Mithalwen; 12-07-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #991
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
At last I can post this here, I have been waiting for this day for 3˝ Days.

I had a very scary dream during the RL night of Day2 (Noggie's mad game). I was lying on my back half-asleep thinking about something completely WW unrelated. Suddenly I saw an image of a werewolf attacking me from above, the image was very clear, but it lasted only a few seconds. My whole body jerked into every possible directions at the same time and the image disappeared as soon as it appeared.

Never before has my body jerked like that. And never before was I as frightened while not even asleep.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #992
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Last night I dreamed that the phantom and one of his lackeys, I think it may have been Gurthang, were hired at my place of work. We were all three in the break room, admiring some new appliances, when I opened the fridge and saw gallons of barbeque sauce all on the side and the bottom drawer of the inside of it...I turned around to see phantom and Gurth running away and the dream ended with me chasing them through the production area screaming "Dude! I know it was you! Come back and clean this up!"

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #993
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
During the rare times I slept this last WW game (because really, I hardly did thanks to juggling many things at once), I seemed to be constantly dreaming about it.

Nothing specific, but I remember different scenarios during the Days kept playing through my head. Of course when I actually got up, it all went quite differently. I think there were times I actually got confused between what was really happening and what was just part of my dreamworld. Never has a WW game troubled my sleep so much.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #994
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I had a dream I was in the Barrow-downs, reading this very thread. I noticed The Might had posted a dream of his in which I was going to take over the world.
I woke up wondering why my subconscious seems to think Might is able to foresee things.

Some time ago I also had a dream I discovered Mithalwen was born in 1965.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #995
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

Nothing new, don't worry, but I just noticed something very interesting when I was reading old posts on this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me, 05-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Then, in another dream, Roa wanted to write a book about the Dueling Wizards WW. Because she wanted to set in a fantasy world of her own, she wanted to change some names and changed my name to Victoria. I was so angry with her, because in the dream I hated the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12-01-2007, 02:17 PM
-- We didn't find a hospital, but we found a library and I dashed to a computer and went to check BD, LiveJournal and Facebook if there were any news of Brinn. To my horror, there was a short message in her facebook page: "We lost both our daughters today. Our little Victoria, who was only 14 years old, has left this world. We are both heart-broken and comforted by the idea that her older sister Erin will be there to guide her to the other world. Our grief is endless. -Erin's mother". --
What's up with all these Victorias? Or am I Brinn's 14-year old illegitimate little sister?

So odd...

Old 12-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #996
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Some time ago I also had a dream I discovered Mithalwen was born in 1965.
Without wishing to reveal my true vintage I would like to say that isn't true. My parents hadn't even met then .... and I am the younger child.....

Old 12-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #997
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Today I had a dream of which a part concerned myself reading a fantasy book by certain Polish author (Andrzej Sapkowski) that I haven't read for years, and to my surprise in one chapter near the end of the book I found names of several henchmen (?)/mercenaries (?) who served one person there (it was not originally in the book, though there were some similar moments), and the name of one of these men was Hookbill Goomba (i.e. name and surname). In the dream I thought "oh, so Hookbill must have read that as well, I didn't expect that".

Well, Hookbill, I can only tell you that these mercenaries or what they were, were really nasty robbers, marauders, murderers and everything.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #998
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I can assure you, Mr Legate, that I would never be involved in sleazy criminal work of any kind. A journalist, even a fake one, must keep a spotless record. Now If you'll excuse me, I have some evidence to burn...
Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #999
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Maybe it was Alien and he was blaming it all on Hookbill. I wouldn't put it past him.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:50 AM   #1000
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a dream in which Fea shot Legate and Lhuna married a prince.