The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #401
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Oh wow.

I would have never guessed.

I think I need to go through the posts to see for any references to him as the seer and possibly looked at who suspected him.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #402
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm in the process of doing that now. Whether the critics guessed he was worth lynching or the cobbler guessed he was worth eying, either way he must have said something worth pursuing.
Well I do it too, anyway. The more the merrier.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #403
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I meant to add the more the merrier to that...

I'm at work, as an explanation for why I might post things like unfinished sentences.

"And that's why I suspect"

Um, Fea, who do you suspect? "Oh, sorry, somebody wanted to learn how EBSCO works and then somebody was trying to check out a copy of Ballet Shoes."
Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #404
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I wouldn't be surprised if TGWBS was Walter's Night 2 spying pick.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #405
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fea, I actually find it rather amusing that the two people tgwbs listed as the most suspicious are analysing his posts now.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #406
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree, Agan. I'm vaguely counting the number of times he said to lynch both of us, rolling my eyes and wondering if somebody who won't be viewed as having a vested interest in this is also analyzing.

Phantom, as our resident ish-objective observer, you want to figure out what's what with us?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #407
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Oh, I missed it- Lari's looking.

Good. I liked her last batch of analytic posts. They were so concise and informative. Awesome. That's my girl! (That said as the roomie who frequently proof reads her academic papers for her.)
Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #408
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Phantom, as our resident ish-objective observer, you want to figure out what's what with us?
You don't want my opinion, Fea. Trust me.

I'll still give it. But the news probably isn't good.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #409
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

In his first post he suggested driving Fea and phantom out with sharp iron because they cause headache, even if innocent. Killing tricksy folk was his policy throughout day 1.

He thought phantom spoke logic but added that he is tricksy. Phantom could be cobbler but he didn't believe so. Later he thought and hoped phantom was innocent. Of course it's possible he had dreamed of phantom and been told he's the opera ghost, it would justify hoping he's innocent. Dunno though.

He was inclined to think also Boro and Nog innocent; didn't know what to think of Gwath and sally; thought I and Lari seemed reasonable; was wary of Mac (and Menel) who sounded too careful and found also Brinn's carefulness bad; thought Bowie seemed ok; was wary of Ilya but wanted to give her the benefit of doubt; and encouraged Shasta, Kath, Gollum, and Cailineomer to speak more.
Of Fea he said the following:
Quote:
Feanor Peredhillion - Make Wild Man head hurt. Say nothing of use. Wild Man want lynch.
I don't know if he could have dreamed of her and found her a baddie on night 1 or if this is just an expression of their mutual love, but it seems to be the strongest opinion he expressed on day 1.

He continued his Fea suspicions later:
Quote:
Feanor list no make Wild Man feel any better. Feanor suspect nobody. Feanor give no real information. Frivolous.
He also said he could vote Fea, Kath or Gollum, none of whom had votes, or Menel whom he was less willing to vote.
Then he said he wouldn't vote Gollum whom he didn't know or Fea as it would be a wasted vote because the appetite to lynch her seemed small. Considered voting Kath. Eventually he voted Fea, saying even if she isn't a wolf, she deserved it (for speaking in code). He justified his vote by saying that lynching someone else than Fea would remove potential helpful input and lynching Fea would remove headache.

After Kath had posted he said he was glad he hadn't voted her. Makes me rather sure he hadn't dreamed of her.
He didn't like the Nog votes and suggested voting Fea, Menel or Mac. Retracted his Fea vote to save Nog.

On day 2 he said the following concerning the revelation of phantom's role:
Quote:
This good new make up for last night double-lynch, think Wild Man.
I don't think it is very likely, but this could be interpreted so that he had dreamed of Nog on night 1 and got a new known innocent now. Hmm his later comment about the double lynching not being that bad after all kind of destroys this theory.

Then he analysed the voting. No opinion on Cailineomer. Not extremely wary about Mac. Suspicious of Gwath (defensive against Nog, speaks much yet says little and accuses Lari of the same). Suspicious of Fea for speaking much yet saying little and pushing bandwagon without being even suspicious of Menel. Didn't think Brinn looked very good because of convenient flip-flopping on suspicions, but her next post looked more innocent. Found Kath's words wise. Had no reason to suspect Boro and said he felt innocent. Was neutral towards sally. Found Ilya's throwaway-vote only mildly concerning. Worried of me for voting late despite being around, didn't like my suspicion of Mac (he had called my points against him good on day 1) and lynching Nog. Saw little reason to suspect Lari (I don't find the use of word see very important here given that there seems to be no reason he would have dreamed of an innocentish newbie this early).
His conclusion was the following:
Quote:
Most Innocent
Boro
Kath
-----------------
Brinniel
Lariren-Shastanis-Strongbow-Gollum
Ilya-Mac-Cailineomer
Sally
Gwath
-----------------
Fea-Aganzir
Most Guilty
Later he posted a few quotes by Fea that made her seem more critic in his eyes.

He said he was glad Brinn hadn't voted him or Mac, but he didn't like the Gollum suspicions either. Those were the three candidates Brinn had named in her post so I don't know if it means anything else but that tgwbs had changed his opinion on Mac.

Then he posted a new list which wasn't that different from the first though. I'm going to quote it here anyway.
Quote:
Most Innocent
Boro
Kath
-----------------
Brinniel
Gollum
Mac
Lariren-Strongbow-Gwath-Cailineomer
Ilya
Shastanis
Sally
-----------------
Fea-Aganzir
Most Guilty
I don't know how Gollum ended up being so high up when he hadn't posted much. It was only the suspicion against him because of being absent that tgwbs didn't like.

Voted Fea.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had dreamed of Fea and found her guilty on night 1. Besides dreaming of her would suit a seer who be short quite well. Another option would probably be Boro whom he seemed to trust rather much.
I don't know about his night 2 dream. Could be that it was Mac whom he found innocent - he had some suspicions against him on day 1 but on day 2 he seemed to think he was rather innocent.

edit: xed with phantom
Old 01-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #410
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
You don't want my opinion, Fea. Trust me.

I'll still give it. But the news probably isn't good.
I'll guess, shall I?

Any sane person who reads Jay's list of people to kill should automatically think "We really need to lynch Fea and Agan, stat."

Because he frequently points to us as distinctly dangerous, voted for me twice (though retracted once), and said time and again, "Even if she's not a critic, she should still die."

Regardless of my role, while analyzing his posts, I would argue that he didn't dream of me and merely wanted to lynch me because he always wants to lynch me. Either I'd be saying that as an innocent who knew that my schpiel was true, or I'd be saying it as a bad guy who wanted to manipulate the village by pointing out hypotheticals.

I claimed jokingly on day one that I am a critic. It was suggested that any time I say on day one that I'm a critic, I must be.

I am the single most suspicious villager at the time, and I should't expect to survive the Day.

Sound about right?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #411
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I agree, Agan. I'm vaguely counting the number of times he said to lynch both of us
Hmm I don't think he ever said he wanted to lynch me.

edit: xed with Fea
Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #412
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Possibilities...

1) Walter viewed TGWBS on Night 2. The info was received by the Critics last Night and they acted upon it.

2) The Critics came to believe on their own that TGWBS was the Seer.

Implications of option 1-
Fea would then be the likely Walter candidate, dreamed of on Night 1. But then who was the Night 2 dream? Critic Agan? An innocent Boro or Kath? But both Fea-Agan and Boro-Kath were listed in pairs as "most guilty" and "most innocent". Would TGWBS pair a certain with an uncertain? Unless his Fea vote was meant to separate her from Agan despite the pairing. Which opens up the possibility that I was his Night 2 dream.

Implications of option 2-
This would be possible if both Boro and Kath are innocent, but even more likely if Fea and Agan are both guilty. One on each list perhaps? Only if Fea is guilty, I would say. If he pegged only a guilty Agan, I can't imagine Agan being that touchy about it. Unless she feared that Fea was Walter, of course.

Option 3, which I hope is not what happened-
TGWBS, in order to remain hidden through the first couple days, gave no clear clues, or even incorrect clues, about his dreams. But through bad fortune Walter dreamed him and he was done in before he could tell us what we really thought.

Option 1 strikes me as the most likely, largely due to TGWBS's statement on Day 1-
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
++FEANOR

Even if she not wolf, she deserve!
Now, this would seem to say "Fea=Walter".

And if she is indeed Walter, I can see why she might spy him the following Night. And then that info gets passed on and he is slain the Night after.

Unless of course he worded it that way because she is a Critic (to avoid detection). This would mesh better with the attempt on my life Night 2. For if she is indeed Walter, wouldn't she have spied me Night 1? And then the Critics receive her report, which I presume would read "Walter found Phantom to be- The Opera Ghost". And if that's what they received, why would they kill me? Surely they wouldn't think "The Opera Ghost" meant "Seer", and certainly not "Divo". They definitely wouldn't try and kill a supsected invincible Divo.

Unless- they believed I was one of the Lovers, as I was indeed pretending to be. And they saw that I had asked for my "Christine" to step up, and so they believed that "Opera Ghost" was simply the designation for one of the Lovers.

Thoughts?

EDIT: x-post Agan/Fea
Old 01-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #413
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Hmm I don't think he ever said he wanted to lynch me.
Most guilty: Fea and Aganzir. Twice.

I mean, he certainly wanted me lynched, but that doesn't make it any less apparent that he thought you were quite a threat to the village.

Which dream makes more sense: waste a dream on self-destructive nutjob Fea who will get herself lynched 'just in case' by day three anyway, or use a dream on a quietly dangerous lower-level threat who is likely to skate through without ever raising more than a trickle of suspicion?

I know how I work as a seer.

I'd never bother dreaming of myself. Or the phantom. I'd assume they'd die off without my bother. Nog I'd dream of. Agan, Boro, Brinn, Mac. Those types. The dangerous ones who are capable of standing off to the side of those who go down in a haze of gory.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #414
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The seer did get a dream in night 1, didn't he?

tgwbs definitely didn't dream of the phantom in Night 1. This speaks clearly against it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
Wild Man feel phantom speaks logic. But phantom indeed tricksy. Menel correct, perhaps phantom cobbler. But Wild Man believe not.
Yet, tgwbs was clearly after his tricksy folk on Day 1, tp and Fea. He voted Fea in the end.

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=113

There are a couple in here that he could have dreamt of and found innocent. If he dreamt of a baddie, it had to be Fea. He is not that clear about anybody else.

The whole situation would make a lot of sense if Fea is the cobbler. If she is a critic, tgwbs would probably have died last night already. If she is the cobbler, the critics wouldn't have suspected tgwbs very much before, and only got the crucial information before Night 2.

This fits into the mold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
It would also explain tgwbs's sigh before his vote. If he knew that Fea was the cobbler, he probably expected her to dream of him and then die.

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=284

Options: he dreamt of me and found me to be the ordo that I am; he dreamt of Gwath and found him guilty (note how the end of the line about Gwath is the same as the end of the line about Fea).

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=286

He did not dream of Brinn. Kath and Boro could have been found innocent, but looking at tgwbs's posts from Day 1, I don't think those two are likely dreams.

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=300

Now he put me into the more suspicious lot, so he did not dream of me. If he dreamt of Boro, then he likely did so in Night 1 instead of Fea. What he says about Aganzir, along with him putting her on the same line with Fea, indicates that she has been dreamt of and has been found guilty. Since he was one of the failed Nogrod-savers, a dream of the most crucial Nogrod-voter would make a lot of sense. A dream of Gwath is less likely given his position in the list. Note that Boro and Kath are not on the same line: Kath has not been dreamt of. While he was suspicious of her on Day 1, he backed off it before the deadline.

In #329, it sounds like tgwbs does think of Fea as a critic, not a cobbler. He does not pursue Aganzir the way he pursues Fea, which makes a dream of Aganzir less likely.

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=345

Then again, he keeps on writing their names on the same line...

If it wouldn't be so unlikely that tgwbs dreamt of Kath, I would consider it possible that he dreamt of her and Boro and found them innocent. However, he definitely dreamt of Fea. Anything else is inconceivable. It is also quite inconceivable that tgwbs wrote one known-to-him baddie on the same line with an only suspected baddie. Therefore:

Night 1: Fea
Night 2: Aganzir

*requests double lynch*

I'm not surprised at all that Fea and Aganzir are so eager to be the first to analyse tgwbs...

I have not yet read all the other analyses. I'll do that right away.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #415
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I'm not surprised at all that Fea and Aganzir are so eager to be the first to analyse tgwbs...
Psh. Nobody else seemed to be home but us...
Old 01-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #416
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
His first post of the game's an interesting one:

Quote:
Wild man say: Drive Fea, drive phantom out with sharp iron! Tricksy folk cause headache, even if innocent.
It would suggest either Fea or phantom, to likely Day 1 choices. Seems frustrated by their tricks, but it's a pretty clear statement of innocence.

Quote:
Menel - Why not drive out tricksy headache-maker? Someone must die. We know not who is critic. Ergo, it best to kill tricksy folk.
This from post 37 would also suggest that his Day 1 dream was not a wolf.

Quote:
Wild Man feel phantom speaks logic. But phantom indeed tricksy. Menel correct, perhaps phantom cobbler. But Wild Man believe not.~post 73
Not sure what to make of this one about tp, whether tp was his Day 1 dream and he was trying to say he was innocent, without blatantly saying so, or if he didn't know/just believed it.

His 113 post, is a list. There is a little more direct statement regarding tp:
Quote:
phantom - talk much. phantom talk wise, but phantom always talk wise! Ergo Wild Man not know what think. Wisdom not sign of innocence, but Wild Man think - and hope - he innocent.
This is a little stronger statement than the rest. For example, for myself and Nogrod he says he's "inclined to think" we're innocent.

He wants Fea lynched, for making his head hurt:
Quote:
Feanor Peredhillion - Make Wild Man head hurt. Say nothing of use. Wild Man want lynch.
And he is wary of Mac, says Brinn is bad for not suspecting anyone, more likely to trust Cailin than some others, and everyone else is in the middle.

More wariness about Fea
Quote:
Feanor list no make Wild Man feel any better. Feanor suspect nobody. Feanor give no real information. Frivolous.~post 127
In 137, doesn't want to vote Gollum, says appetite for Fea is small not her. There is this about Kath:
Quote:
Therefore Wild Man say to self: vote Kath!

Now Kath come. Kath say she post again perhaps. Therefore cannot yet vote Kath.
Quote:
In 157, he votes Fea, based on the headache/tricks/being Fea. He does later retract the vote and votes Menel. I would assume this would take Fea out of the Night 1 dream.

My conclusion is his Night 1 dream did not find a critic, and it was tp. A highly likely choice, and tp was the only one he made moderately confident statements of innocence from the start of the day until the end.

Onto Night 2

Edit: crossed with A LOT of people
Old 01-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #417
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Ummm.... Hi!

Ten thousand pardons for yesterday's absence, I was whisked away from the web and dumped elsewhere.

Ok... so Brinn considers me susceptible of suspiciousness?

Quote:
Gollum: Hasn't shown up yet toDay. I understand he was behind yesterDay, but some of the posts he made indicate he was reading the most recent posts and should've known it was close between two candidates. Even if he didn't have a strong opinion on either, voting for someone who turns out to be innocent is better than letting a double lynch occur in my opinion. If he had abstained early in the Day, or his vote wouldn't have mattered anyway, it's not quite so bad. But he was there at a time where every vote was critical and at that point had read at least part of the Day...so I find the fact that he chose not to rather upsetting.
Allow me to point out that you based your charge on opinion, which hardly constitutes guilt.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #418
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'd dream of you before me, just because you're always so hard to figure out. And at least in the game we were wolves together you were rather a quietly dangerous lower-level threat than a self-destructive nutjob.

Yeah Mac the seer got a dream on night 1.

I thought it was possible he had dreamed of you and found you innocent on night 2 although he put you to the suspicion category at first. It wouldn't get so much attention if he gradually moved you to the innocent lot. I don't know how likely that is though.

I'm rather baffled about him writing our names on the same line. If he was equally certain about both of us, it'd mean he hadn't dreamed of either, but his constant suspicions against Fea indicate otherwise.

edit: xed with Boro & Gollum
Old 01-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #419
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Maybe it's good that I have a long driveway to shovel today and am packed in a foot of snow, I might sit these early hours out and do some work - I can't be barricaded in my house tomorrow.

Anyway, I almost forgot about the possibility of finding WP. Which I agree with Mac, either Night 1 or Night 2 it was Fea. His vote on Day 1 could either be a statement of intent for his dream on Night 2 (Fea), or he spotted Fea on Night 1, not a critic, but the tricksy WP.

And if Fea is Walter, it would make sense she would choose him the next Night, dumping the info to the wolves.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #420
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Hmm- am I hearing an echo?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #421
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Seeing how desperate Fea is today, I'm even more convinced of her guilt. There is no astonishment like: "Jay was the seer?? Then why the §$%& did he think I was guilty all the time?". Instead, Fea is on the defense from her first post on.
Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I know how I work as a seer.
Different seers work differently.

Aganzir's analysis is tricksy. If she and Fea are in cahoots, she decided to let Fea go down and save herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I'm rather baffled about him writing our names on the same line.
I'm rather baffled that you point this out only in your next post and not in the analysis itself. To me, it's the most conspicuous feature of tgwbs's posting. This is actually the way I would do it if I was bad: analyse everything truthfully and then not play down or defend yourself against the things said about oneself, but simply omit it as far as possible and hope everybody else overlooks it or is too lazy.

I came, I saw Boro's analysis, I did not believe my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
This from post 37 would also suggest that his Day 1 dream was not a wolf.
What did you expect him to do after a lucky Night 1 dream of a critic or maybe only a cobbler? Walk around and exclaim what you found, or pursue evil in a concealed way? You either let yourself be blinded by tgwbs's headache-talk, or your analysis is malevolent.

Edit: hmm... now you relativise it.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #422
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
People who tgwbs thought were suspicious: Fea, Agan, Gwath, Sally, Ilya, Mac, and Cailin. Though most suspicious of Fea and Agan.

People who tgwbs was guilty: Brinn, Mac on the first day

Mac made an interesting point with the “I don't really understand why the wild man narrowed himself down to Fea and Kath in the end.” About tgwbs’s vote. I didn’t understand tgwbs’s reasoning then because he made this long post:
"Wild Man make boo-boo. Great Mother-Goddess extent deadline. Ergo, real deadline now little under two man-hour away.

Wild Man make following thought process:

Not vote gollum, for not know him. Not know if quiet is normal. Kill him may waste ordinary life.

Not vote Fea. Appetite for lynch Fea small. Therefore vote waste.

Therefore Wild Man say to self: vote Kath!

Now Kath come. Kath say she post again perhaps. Therefore cannot yet vote Kath."

But he did want to lynch Fea and started on the whole Fea kick again yesterDay.

But he did answer to the whole switching voting in this:
"Read again post 137. Wild Man not say definitely not vote Fea - Wild Man refer to previous thought process, Wild Man unable decide who vote out of Fea, Kath, Gollum. Then, Fea come purposefully talk in riddle again, cause more headache. Therefore Wild Man vote Fea."

Those two also have comments back and forth about if the roles in the game were random or not. Apparently, some were and some weren’t. I don’t think that matters much in the long run, but would Mith put Fea as a critic on purpose? Or would it be too obvious? But she is guilty, maybe not a critic, but the cobbler?

Pretty much tgwbs’s wanting to lynch Fea the first day was headache and/or he believed her post about being a wolf(highly unlikely). But since he was the seer and seeing her tricks Day 1 he probably would have dreamed of her. And then he goes on a “lynch Fea” kick but also suspects Agan. It leads me to believe that, though we'll never know, he dreamed of Agan last night.

It seems that Fea is guilty of something.

It is interesting that Agan is always in the same place as Fea. To be honest I thought Agan was the seer(I feel like its ok to say that now, considering we know who the seer was) but nothing much else from her.

Votes for either of them would be good for tonight.

I just find it interesting the Brinn suspects tgwbs of being guilty for the past 2 Days and he turns out to be the seer.

I think I may have lost my train of thought once or twice during this post.

How many dreams did the seer get? I can't seem to figure it out.

Edit: In my process of writing this it has been come redundant with all the cross-posting.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-10-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: x-posting
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #423
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Hmm- am I hearing an echo?

~tp
To deny Fea was tgwbs dream and there isn't something sneaky about her is suicide. There will be a lot of echoing today.

It's clear cut and dry, either it happened on Night 1 or Night 2, and Night 1 he didn't dream of a critic.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #424
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I'm rather baffled that you point this out only in your next post and not in the analysis itself.
Because I realised it only after I saw your post. Earlier I had just thought, 'ok, he suspects us both,' but I had paid no attention to the fact that he seemed to suspect us equally until you said it aloud.

edit: xed with Lari & Boro
Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #425
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
What did you expect him to do after a lucky Night 1 dream of a critic or maybe only a cobbler? Walk around and exclaim what you found, or pursue evil in a concealed way? You either let yourself be blinded by tgwbs's headache-talk, or your analysis is malevolent.~Mac
Not to be arrogant Mac, but I know how to use seer lingo, it is never the seer's intent to leave confusing statements. Now that happens, but seers don't purposefully set out to confuse.

Did I say tgwbs was jumping out everywhere shouting wolf! wolf! wolf! No, but if he did he would lead clues to the wolf, not make statements that he doesn't know who any are.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #426
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
There is no astonishment like: "Jay was the seer?? Then why the §$%& did he think I was guilty all the time?".
Of course there's no astonishment, sweetheart. Even if I felt it, do you really think I'd type it? Who would believe me if I showed up the day after the seer had been killed, the very seer who'd been regularly trying to get me lynched, and said sweetly, batting my eyelashes, "Oh my, oh dear dear dear, who could have done such a thing?" Nobody would believe me, they'd assume I was a lying devious little thing. So why pretend like he didn't suspect me? Why play act like I don't know the village will see me as its greatest threat now, whether or not I am? It would be very Blagojovich of me to come in and say "But I'm so totally innocent! I can't wait to prove to you how innocent I am!" when all the apparent evidence, whether it's circumstantial or not, points to my phonelines having been tapped. You follow? Of course I'm innocent, but it's a wasted breath for me to bother trying to profess it when the 'evidence' is so solidly against me.

It is an ordo's duty to help the village catch a wolf. I understand that the village is all but obligated to lynch me today, just in case. I also understand that I'd go out much more happily if I knew that the entire day wasn't dedicated solely to saying, "But of course she's guilty," while letting the bad guys off the hook.

Quote:
Different seers work differently.
Yes, darling, but I've only ever been myself, never somebody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If she and Fea are in cahoots, she decided to let Fea go down and save herself.
If she's a 'wolf,' she found a fantastic human shield. Who's going to blame her for turning on me now? Either that or she's an ordo and is just seriously misguided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I came, I saw Boro's analysis, I did not believe my eyes.
Nor did I. While I am happy to profess that the overwhelming evidence against me is merely inconvenient assumptions which are unfortunately wrong, I find it hard to believe that Boro would support me.

I find it hard to believe that anybody would support me.

If I was playing werewolf with myself, I'd certainly lynch me based on the events of the past Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
To be honest I thought Agan was the seer(I feel like its ok to say that now, considering we know who the seer was) but nothing much else from her.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
It's clear cut and dry, either it happened on Night 1 or Night 2, and Night 1 he didn't dream of a critic.
He also never said he dreamed of a critic at all. He just said he didn't trust me. That's nothing new to me. Nobody trusts me. You yourself, Boro, said that I'm the type of person who'd stab you in the back after talking pretty.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #427
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that Boro would support me.~Fea
You can try to drag me down with you in your S.S. Imploder, Walt, it aint gonna work. The walking through the dark commoners might fall for it, but your sorceress charms won't work on the rest.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #428
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fea:

As to why I thought Agan was the seer, it was a little comment from the first page actually: "Don't worry Gwath, thus far phantom is the only one who assumes he was dreamt of."

It just stuck in my head.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-10-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: xed with Boro
Old 01-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #429
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
You can try to drag me down with you in your S.S. Imploder, Walt, it aint gonna work. The walking through the dark commoners might fall for it, but your sorceress charms won't work on the rest.
Oh come off it, buddy, you totally implicated yourself. Now I'm just teasing.

You set yourself up for it.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #430
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Oh come off it, buddy, you totally implicated yourself. Now I'm just teasing.

You set yourself up for it.~Fea
Sorry for not having the benefit of prior knowledge to tgwbs' identity and being able to look through his posts to create a tidy and clear analysis.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #431
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

So... (still catching up) phantom is here just for fun now? And TGWBW is dead? *Groans* He was cracking me up with those incomplete phrases!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #432
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Sorry for not having the benefit of prior knowledge to tgwbs' identity and being able to look through his posts to create a tidy and clear analysis.
Sorry for not being as lovable and cuddly as you. I see TGWBS's suspicions of me and think, "Silly Jay's always suspecting me. Nothing'll come of it." Except today I see he was the seer and think, "Oh $---, they're going to see that and kill me for sure." And then I try to figure out the best course of action, which I decide is: not playing it off as me being in total shock, because really, I'm brilliant. Not much shocks me, because I envision scenarios before they happen. I seriously doubt even you, doll, could pull one over on me. So starting now and pretending like I'm a clueless little girl who can't figure out why I'm in trouble? When everybody already knows that if I wanted to, I could massacre them all? It's not at all in character.

Versus you... now you're usually not so forgiving to me as oh, say... I am. So why the switch now?

Unless you're trying to save me.

If you can't, I say you... take advantage. If you follow.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #433
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I checked in around noon to see the kill but just now am able to post.

Wooooooooooow. Wild man be deaded.

Okay, I'm going to pull up a vote post for you lovely people and look at tgwbs' posts myself a bit, though it seems it's being done to death (no pun intended) so I may just look his posts over and see what there is to see.

Back shortly, I hope.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #434
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Unless you're trying to save me.~Fea
If you are innocent, I would consider it, but I'm not taking a bullet for you.

You're just lucky the NFL playoffs have started.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #435
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

All right, I'm going to leave soon and might not be back for a while.

Looking good:

Lariren (strikes me as doing just is best for the opera)
Strongbow (nothing to suspect)

and uhh, I'm being dragged off again.

If I'm back before DL (which I probably will) I will vote. Hopefully.

Have fun.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #436
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
If you are innocent, I would consider it, but I'm not taking a bullet for you.
As if. I wasn't asking you to take a bullet for me, I was asking you to give one. At an opportunely vindictive moment.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #437
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My guess is that it's most likely the cobbler spied on tgwbs. The narration seems to slightly indicate it and tgwbs doesn't seem like a surprising spy choice to me. Of course I could be wrong, but that's just what I think.

It seems there is a good chance tgwbs dreamt of Fea and found her evil, whether as a critic or Walter Plinge. But even though he pursued her from Day 1, it doesn't necessarily mean he dreamt of her on Night 1. He could've simply found her suspicious then decided to dream of her on Night 2 only to discover his suspicions were accurate. And then there's the chance he didn't dream of her at all, which I really hope isn't so and I find less likely.

Right now it looks to me the possibilities of his dreams were:

Night 1:
Fea
Nogrod
Boro

Night 2:
Fea
Kath
Boro
tp
Aganzir

It is possible he dreamt of Agan and found her guilty, but only if he already dreamt of Fea. I certainly wouldn't be willing to bet a double lynch on it...especially since we can't even be 100% sure about Fea's guilt. Fea does look like the more guilty one since tgwbs pursued her more...but if he dreamt of both, maybe he found Fea to be a critic and Aganzir to be the cobbler, which could be why he made Fea his primary target. Or maybe she was just easier to target and in case he was killed, his persistence would leave a clear clue towards her guilt.

I haven't actually went back looked at tgwbs's posts for myself yet, and I should probably do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren
I just find it interesting the Brinn suspects tgwbs of being guilty for the past 2 Days and he turns out to be the seer.
I don't find that interesting at all. It's quite common for the seer to appear wolfish and they often do receive some suspicion. He looked suspicious to me at the time, so why shouldn't I have suspected him?

EDIT: X-ed many times
Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #438
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Fea dear, if it was likely you were a Critic, I would actually try and save you. That way the Lovers would have a Critic target to take a shot at. There would be no pressing reason to be rid of you today.

Unfortunately, the scenario that appears most likely is Fea=Walter. And so logically we should lynch you, as it wouldn't be a good idea to risk yet another spying mission.

So really, if you don't want to be lynched today, admit to or lie about being a Critic.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #439
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
So really, if you don't want to be lynched today, admit to or lie about being a Critic.
*pouts*

But I did that on Day One and nobody believed me!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #440
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Does she admit it or do we blindly take her word from the first page that she is a Critic?

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-10-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: x-posting with Fea