The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #441
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And if we find out we were wrong, we are all dead. At least three of us are.
Yes.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:55 AM   #442
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay. A little voting tally. Not that it would be needed.

Shasta => Gwathagor (Gwathagor 1)
Legate => Gwathagor (Gwathagor 2)

Left to vote: McCaber, Nerwen, Gwathagor

Oh, my.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #443
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Well, if they weren't suspicious before, Shasta and Legate certainly have been today. I've taken the brunt of the accusation from them today and it has been, like the rest of their posts, generally without substance.

++Legate

EDIT: Crossed, ironically, with Legate
Old 02-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #444
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Oh God, this is tough... and we're running out of time.

One more vote for Gwathagor is a kill.

Let me think, let me think.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-18-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #445
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

What happens if someone doesn't vote and we get a tie?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #446
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

9:00! Just vote!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #447
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Too late.

NOTE TO MODS: Pleas don't count votes that come before the official declaration of "Time Is Up" as late today! Please! Nerwen and McCaber are in a hard spot.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #448
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I can see so many reasons for and against all four of you, but here goes:

++McCaber.

Because to me he looks marginally worse than anyone else.

Edit: X'd with Gwathagor (thrice).

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-18-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #449
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
That will be a toss-coin. Don't even think about it.

Too late, obviously. It's past DL. Votes don't count. Now, Gwath, tell us honestly - what were you? Or should we wait for the narration?

And where is McCaber? He is going to become famous for his late-votes.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #450
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry, my clock's slower than I thought.

So, are you a wolf, Gwath?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #451
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

He's faking it. He knows I'm innocent.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #452
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Deadline. No more votes.

Gwathagor is Dead.

Wolf Victory!

I'm going to leave the final narration for Farael, since this is his game. I'm sure he has an idea of how he'd like to end it.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #453
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I tried so hard.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #454
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
I'm going to leave the final narration for Farael, since this is his game. I'm sure he has an idea of how he'd like to end it.
Well, it doesn't matter if we talk here a little bit, or should we not? There is no other thread to talk and I'm sure lots of us would like to discuss... of course, we may wait for the narration to learn how all the things really were... Do you have any idea when's Farael going to show up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
He's faking it. He knows I'm innocent.
Who? Me? Hey...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 AM   #455
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry, Gwath.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #456
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sorry I'm late. If only my clocks worked once in a while, I could vote more often.

Legate, nicely played. Even now, I cannot believe that you are the evil wolf mastermind.

It probably doesn't matter, but I would have voted Gwath as well.

Nice game, everyone. Too bad to see it end like this.

Last edited by McCaber; 02-18-2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: My only regret is that I never got to shout anything about burning heretics.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #457
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well done, fellow wolfies....
I was pretty sure we'd win when I got the pm telling me who my team was!
*high fives all around*

Gwath, amazing debut -- you really had me worried toward the end there that you would track down one of my comrades! I hope you'll become a WW regular.

Menel, now that you've told me when you dreamt of me, I know you caught me "fair and square" - hat's off to you! You were a formidable foe from the first day.

Macalaure, sorry about letting you be lynched and all, but, you know... all's fair in love and werewolf, etc.

By the way, watching everyone call me "brilliant" since my death has been very enjoyable. Keep the flattery coming...

More comments later -- I'm extremely busy at the moment, but I couldn't resist gloating a bit.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #458
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Wonderful, wasn't it? Well, McCobbler, I must say in the last few minutes I thought I'm going to kill you if you don't show up. But nicely done, everyone. This was a great game and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did - it was definitely thrilling. I haven't experienced a game in such a way since... since my very first game. Is it a pure coincidence that in my first game, I was also... ahem, okay.

MwahaHAHAHA!

And indeed, I must say with such brilliant packmates it was wonderful to work together, and the game was the more interesting. Great job, fellows. And thanks also to all the other players and to the Mods, for making this game happen! Great, just great!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #459
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

You bastards of wolves.
*shakes fist*
Old 02-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #460
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
You bastards of wolves.
We like you too

That's for the Lindórië thing
Old 02-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #461
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Congrats to the wolves! Well played indeed!

I knew beforehand that I was going to be away on Day3 and thence tried my best before it - and purposefully didn't mention it so that the wolves would kill me the Night before so that someone who was actually able to play that Day could play. Sadly the wolves turned sporty just that Night and killed LG...

And their sportsmanship didn't last longer...

But the fact that I was left alive that Night just made me quite sure Legate was the other remaining wolf. During my half an hour yesterDay I tried to read the thread, make a decision, think about the best exit to myself and whether to mention my suspicions in earnest. In the end I thought that if I do not mention Legate being suspicious to me he might let me live on this Day as well... Well, how wrong one can be?

Cool play Legate!

And Rikae was just phenomenal! Without Menel I would probably have bought her story! It really took some character to stick into the facts and ignore her wonderful act - and I can see it was hard to many innocents looking at the tallies that Day...

Outstanding play Rikae!

And McCaber really managed to hide in the shadows. I would have taken a closer look on him toDay had I been alive but I'm not sure if that would have helped...

So sad we lynched you Mac... but you must agree your posting in the beginning of Day2 was more than suspicious...

... and my daughters so brutally killed during the Nights... Oh, I will come back to you nassty werewolves the next time for it...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #462
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ahh yes, the WolForce truly was with us on this Day.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #463
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
....dang it....

Can't really comment right now, as class is about to begin. You nasty little wolfsies earned your victory though. Legate, you evil fellow, you were EXCELLENT. You being a wolf didn't even occur to me until after I was dead, and even then I was questioning my suspicions. Extremely well done, and to you other wolves as well.

Back later to make some more comments.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #464
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nerwen, sorry about using you for a scapegoat... nothing personal, you know. I had to seize any opportunity I got (I set myself the goal on Day 3 to get as many innocents as possible to vote for someone else.)

It was loads of fun seeing everyone repeat "there must be a wolf among the Nerwen-voters"... *evil grin*

Last edited by Rikae; 02-18-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #465
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I knew beforehand that I was going to be away on Day3 and thence tried my best before it - and purposefully didn't mention it so that the wolves would kill me the Night before so that someone who was actually able to play that Day could play. Sadly the wolves turned sporty just that Night and killed LG...
Exactly - our original idea was to kill Nogrod that Night, of course, but then we decided not to do so. But on the other Night, we simply could not leave him alive anymore. You missed your train, Nogrod, in the expense of a boat, so to say.

Quote:
And Rikae was just phenomenal! Without Menel I would probably have bought her story! It really took some character to stick into the facts and ignore her wonderful act - and I can see it was hard to many innocents looking at the tallies that Day...
Yes, Menel has done well - and btw I believe he dreamt of you on Night 1 and Rikae on Night 2, that Shasta-thing was a thing I made up: confusion sometimes is the greatest weapon.

Quote:
... and my daughters so brutally killed during the Nights... Oh, I will come back to you nassty werewolves the next time for it...
Yes, I must say I wanted to apologize to you for wreaking such a heedless genocide upon your family...

Well, should we post some of our Nightly PMs? I'm not sure how much interesting it is, though... there was not much behind all the choices, and lots of what we did can be explained on the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Ahh yes, the WolForce truly was with us on this Day.
Indeed
Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #466
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Seriously, you guys were magnificent, each in your own way.

And so were you, Gwath. That was a great first game.

If you want to know, I thought you were probably innocent, but I couldn't defend you properly with Shasta and Legate yelling that we must be wolves together.

And I thought McCaber was a wolf and that he'd be waiting around near the deadline as usual, so I was trying to hold my vote as late as possible– only I crossed with yours on Legate and I messed up the timing.

So, ultimately, this is all my fault.

In atonement, I offer myself up as the first course.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #467
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
You nasty little wolfsies earned your victory though. Legate, you evil fellow, you were EXCELLENT. You being a wolf didn't even occur to me until after I was dead, and even then I was questioning my suspicions.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
It was loads of fun seeing everyone repeat "there must be a wolf among the Nerwen-voters"... *evil grin*
Yes. That was one of my favourite lines in the whole game... (it was Nogrod who propagated the idea the most, I remember )

And Gwath... I hope you are not much angry at us. And yes, I will say that openly here, you have done well for your first game. The end was very close. And as I said, a pity I wasn't innocent! I can assure you I wouldn't have gone after you in such a nasty way I did.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #468
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I hereby propose that Legate should change his name to

Legate of Dol Guldur.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #469
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Nerwen, sorry about using you for a scapegoat... nothing personal, you know. I had to seize any opportunity I got (I set myself the goal on Day 3 to get as many innocents as possible to vote for someone else.)

I know... but it seemed logical, didn't it? I still can hardly believe you managed to sucker that many people.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #470
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
And I thought McCaber was a wolf and that he'd be waiting around near the deadline as usual, so I was trying to hold my vote as late as possible
Well, he should have - had his clock been working properly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
So, ultimately, this is all my fault.
Yes, it is

Quote:
I hereby propose that Legate should change his name to

Legate of Dol Guldur.
Hey, sounds cool!

Quote:
I know... but it seemed logical, didn't it? I still can hardly believe you managed to sucker that many people.
Yes, Rikae is just fantastic. She almost convinced even me
Old 02-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #471
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A lesson that every werewolf player learns early on is that just because somebody disagrees with you, it doesn't necessarily mean he's evil.

In this game, I bitterly learned that just because somebody agrees with you, it doesn't mean she's innocent.

Kudos to Rikae for fooling me entirely and for fooling the majority of the innocents even when a seer dream stood against her. Quite remarkable.

Kudos to Legate and McCaber for securing the victory. If only I would have had more time on the day I got lynched, I would have made a case against you, Legate, and maybe, just maybe, things would have ended differently. Anyway, great showing.

Kudos to Menel for his day-one wolf spotting.

Kudos to Gwathagor for a great debut.
Quote:
I hope you'll become a WW regular.
Seconded.

And sorry to Aganzir for urging my misled day-one suspicion successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
but you must agree your posting in the beginning of Day2 was more than suspicious...
hmph... maybe... *mumbles something incomprehensible*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #472
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I feel stupid. Sorry, guys.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #473
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
"Originally Posted by Nogrod
but you must agree your posting in the beginning of Day2 was more than suspicious..."
hmph... maybe... *mumbles something incomprehensible*
No it wasn't! Nogrod only says that because he's a sneaky immortal super-wolf!

++Nogrod
Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #474
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Of course, Legate of Dol Guldur, even if there'd been time and I'd seen Gwath's vote on you, it would have been a hard decision– because I was more sure about McCaber, and if you were a wolf, too...

Why, then I'd have to accept that on Day 3 a bunch of innocents all decided to lynch me instead of a wolf who had been trussed up and handed to them by the Seer.

To quote Nogrod, when looking over the votes after Rikae was lynched:
Quote:
Surely one wolf might have voted for Rikae as well but I can't believe there are two of them - or then this village is the most confused ever seen in the Barrow Downs.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-18-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #475
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Worst. Game. Ever.

I successfully voted for the Seer twice and at the end when it counted, I made Nerwen and Gwath out to be wolves when neither of them were.

I deserve to keep dying off day 1!
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #476
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I successfully voted for the Seer twice and at the end when it counted, I made Nerwen and Gwath out to be wolves when neither of them were.
...With the result that both of us favoured you as a suspect!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #477
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Worst. Game. Ever.

Hey, no way! It was great to play with you for so long - although I know if may sound a little twisted from me... But you enjoyed it, at least, didn't you?

And don't say you were too bad. Take it the other way, positively: say, rather, that we were too good
Old 02-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #478
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Worst. Game. Ever.

I disagree. Notice that I called two of the wolves at the start of the game, and then decided to completely forget about Cabbie and let Rikae live in an effort to kill little Nerwen over there. Although, I still hold that the whole exchange between the two of them looked staged. Then again it was, just not by who I thought.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #479
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

There's something odd here. I thought Gwath's vote and mine crossed, but now that I read the thread again, I see that I posted twice after he voted.

Must have been so anxious I didn't see it, somehow. Ah, well. It's been a comedy of errors all round.

Hi, Sally. Next time you find someone "furry beyond furry", maybe you'll reconsider, hmmn?

You realize the evil McCaber planted that idea about me in your head, don't you?

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-18-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #480
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Worst. Game. Ever.

It's OK. I had you figured for a werewolf as well. I KNEW Legate was bad, but McCaber had me convinced he was innocent.