The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
White Tree WW42 - Discussion Thread

Welcome to WW42!

This is an experimental game, but less complicated than WW32.

Roles:

The game has 21 players.

A third (7) of the players will be Werewolves.
A third (7) of the players will be Specials.
A third (7) of the players will be Innocents.

Werewolves:
-Win if the total of living Innocent and Special players is equal or less compared to the Werewolves.
-May PM eachother during the Night.
-May attack a player during the Night (starting from Night2) by sending a PM to the Mod. The player dies if he/she isn't protected on the same Night.

Specials:
Protector (1 or more):
-Wins if there are no Werewolves left alive.
-May protect a player during the Night (starting from Night2) by sending a PM to the Mod. The player survives the Night even if he/she is attacked.
-The same player can't be protected during two Nights in a row. The Protector will be informed if the target can't be protected.

Defender (1 or more):
-May dream of a living player during the Night by sending a PM to the Mod. The Defender will then be informed whether the target is Innocent by a PM from the Mod.
-May dream of a player a second time on any other Night. In this case the Defender will be told what the target's exact role is.

Guardian (1 or more):
-May attack a player during the Night (starting from Night2) by sending a PM to the Mod. The player dies if he/she isn't protected on the same Night.
-The Guardian loses the ability to attack if he/she kills a Werewolf this way.
-May hunt a player by sending a PM to the Mod at any time. If the Guardian dies, the latest target also dies regardless of his/her role, even if he/she is protected.

Counsellor (1 or more):
-Wins if the total of living Innocent and Special players is equal or less compared to the Werewolves.
-May inspect a dead player during the Night by sending a PM to the Mod. The Counsellor will then be informed of the target's exact role by a PM from the Mod.

Innocents:
-Win if there are no Werewolves left alive.

Day/Night system:

WW42 will have a unique Day/Night system, the game will be played in two stages.

Stage1:

[EDIT]: There will be a Day0.0 before even stage1 begins. The Day will otherwise be basic, but nobody will be lynched.

-Only 1 player from each role group (Innocent/Special/Werewolf) has the right to post and vote per Day. The players to participate each Day will be chosen by random*. The votes can be cast only for one of the players participating in the Day.
-This stage will last for Days equal to the ammount of all players divided by 3 (21 players, 7 Days).
-There will be no Nights in this stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Example
-The game begins with Day0.0 on January 14th at 8PM GMT.
-All players discuss.
-Day0.0 ends and Day0.1 begins on January 15th at 8PM GMT.
-Olov (Wolf), Lvov (Cousellor) and Volvo (Innocent) may post.
-They have a heated discussion that concludes with Olov voting Lvov; -Lvov and Volvo vote Olov.
-Olov is lynched. His role is not revealed.
-Day0.1 ends on January 16th at 8PM GMT. Day0.2 begins.
-Vool (Wolf), Loov (Defender) and Lolvol (Innocent) may post.
-And so on.

Stage2:
-Starts with Night1 after the last Day0 is played.
-Basicly is like a normal WW with a basic Day/Night cycle.

Other vital rules:

-Players may vote regardless of their role.

-During Stage1 the roles of players will not be revealed after their death.

-During Stage2 the role of the lynched player will be revealed to a living player chosen by random.org.

-Werewolves and the Guardian will be told of their victim's role if the attack is successful.

-The player to cast the decisive vote during a Stage2 Day may PM the Mod and choose to be protected either for the next Night or the next Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Example
Day1
-Olov votes Lvov. (Lvov 1)
-Lvov votes Olov. (Lvov 1; Olov 1)
-Volvo votes Olov. (Olov 2; Lvov1)
-Volvo cast the decisive vote so he may PM the Mod. He chooses the next Day.
-Volvo may not be lynched on Day2.

Timewise:

-The game starts on Monday 14th at 8PM GMT, which is 3PM EST.

-Days and Nights last 24 hours.

-The deadline is 8PM GMT. The deadline for nightly activities (Werewolves/Specials) is an hour earlier.

The rest of the rules:

-The roles will be assigned by random.org, I will not reselect the roles in any case I can imagine at the moment.

-*Send me a PM if some date doesn't suit you during Stage1, I'll arrange the players in such a way that everybody can play. Don't post your preferences on any thread! You can't change the Days anymore.

-Wolves will be told who the other wolves are on Night1.

-No double-lynches.
The person lynched will be randomed in stage1.
The first person to reach the tying ammount of votes is lynched in stage2.

-No retractable votes.

-I'll not reveal anything in the narrations. The Werewolves and Specials will be referred to as hes, shes and its in no sensible sequence.

-Players are not allowed to talk about the game while they are alive outside the thread. Dead players may talk to eachother in such a way that no living player will know.

-Votes may not be reasoned by anything that has something to do with RL. And otherwise, please give reasons to your votes!

-Editing the content of your posts is forbidden (unless to mark cross-posting or correct spelling).

-Staying in the Invisible-mode is required for as long as you're alive.

-Players who don't vote for two successive Days will be removed from the game, if no good explanations come up on this thread.

-Bold out your votes and add ++ before the full name of the player:
++Volo

-The game is not an in-character game, but the theme is a gladiator-theme, see further posts for more information.

-Oh, and there will be a single Lover at most.

-I might need a co-mod, so anybody willing to help out a little (even if you're playing in this game), please tell me so.

-I reserve the right to change any of the rules at any time with warning.

Ask if something is unclear!

Last edited by Volo; 01-15-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Volo

Player list

Brinniel
THE Ka
Shastanis Althereduin
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Nogrod
Legate of Amon Lanc
The Might
Thinlómien
Valier
Groin Redbeard
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Gil-Galad
Roa_Aoife
Naria
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya
Rikae
A Little Green

Last edited by Volo; 01-15-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
An interesting scheme! And after a few thoughts I must say it's quite ingenious if you don't give us any hints who belonged to which "stack" in the stage1.

Count me in - unless the phantom's game gets delayed a lot for some reason. But I'm pretty confident these two will not overlap... not from my part anyway...

So make it with a questionmark even if I think there's no problem.

And if I have a problem with it I'd be glad to be your co-mod if needed.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A question:

Will the pre-game Days be a full 24 hours, or will they be just 12 hours? I'm just asking because 24 hours does seem a bit long when only three people are posting.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sorry, Brinniel, I would have posted, but it just didn't seem right for a first-timer to make the opening statements. Hello everyone.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I guess this is a confirmation post.

I'm not sure how well the 12 hours thing would work, though, Brinn, due to timezones. :/
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #7
Volo

Thank you, Noggie!

It'll be 24h/Day because of timezones, I see no reason to hurry stage1 up.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 AM   #8
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Actually this looks all too interesting for me to skip that one. Unless phantom's game takes too long, which I doubt, you can count on me. Actually I am looking forward more to these first days than to the "real" game after.

I mean... wow.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
YOu can write me on the list as well.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
This looks to be a lovely game, and in all of its details, looks organized. Always a plus.

Though, I am a bit concerned about the guardian's role of attacking. So, they are able to take out a player at random, if they are not protected, but if they happen to be a werewolf the guardian looses this ability?
The question is, how long is the loss of this ability, or does it terminate their role entirely?
Just curious as to whether the guardian would know of this after PM'ing the mod, and going on ahead to attack a werewolf would just be their own random decision, or is this not revealed and an affective method of shortening down the list of players?

Sorry if these are annoying questions, better to be prepared than to pretend.

~ Musing Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...that means a week long of pre-game plus probably at least another week after that...

Perhaps I should back out of this one... I probably would be okay if the game starts the first days of January, but after that I might be headed into some trouble. After the 15th, there's a chance I'll be missing at least two Days in row, and I don't think that'd be very nice to the other players.

Though, I'd really hate to miss a last chance to play WW. Why don't you put a question mark by my name, Volo, and I'll wait and see what happens...
Old 12-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #12
Volo

Thanks to all for kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Though, I am a bit concerned about the guardian's role of attacking. So, they are able to take out a player at random, if they are not protected, but if they happen to be a werewolf the guardian looses this ability?
The question is, how long is the loss of this ability, or does it terminate their role entirely?
Just curious as to whether the guardian would know of this after PM'ing the mod, and going on ahead to attack a werewolf would just be their own random decision, or is this not revealed and an affective method of shortening down the list of players?
The Guardian doesn't know the roles of players any better than anybody else. It is an effective role, which have to be used with care - especially as the ammount of Wolves present is unknown to anybody but the Wolves.
As nasty as it is, the Guardian will lose the ability to attack anybody during the Night if he/she is lucky/skilful enough to kill a Wolf before. I think this way the Guardian balances the teams better. Of course, the Guardian doesn't have to attack every Night.
Except for that ability, the Guardian has the basic Hunter's ability.
I hope this answers your question somehow, otherwise I'll try again.

Brinn, sad to hear, I do that the game will begin by January. It might be so that it won't begin for a long long time, sadly, but I hope it's not the case.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots

Add me and a questionmark to the player list, please.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Hmm...that means a week long of pre-game plus probably at least another week after that...

Perhaps I should back out of this one... I probably would be okay if the game starts the first days of January, but after that I might be headed into some trouble. After the 15th, there's a chance I'll be missing at least two Days in row, and I don't think that'd be very nice to the other players.

Though, I'd really hate to miss a last chance to play WW. Why don't you put a question mark by my name, Volo, and I'll wait and see what happens...

Awwww I hope you can play Brinn. I enjoy playing with you....and your mind.

For the record, I won't be able to play before probably the eighth or so. Just so everyone knows that I won't be around until then. After that though, I'm more than happy to start werewolfing!

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #15
Volo

I'm slowly recovering from a sickness that struck out of nowhere so I'll still need some time to get the theme ready.

It looks like we won't be able to start right in the beginning of January anyway, as we still lack quite many players and the phantom's game has just started. It looks most amusing though - get out your popcorn (or better something that at least tastes good) and enjoy the jokes.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #16
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
You can take the questionmark away from my name as my part was short-played indeed in the phantom's game...

*Never play around the clock even if you have a chance: sleep well before you play!*

I will still reserve myself a right to try a more quieter style in this game. Let's see how it goes this time after this blunder...

Volo: Getting 21 players is quite ambitious but I think you should have 18 easily. You have now 11 (with a few questionmarks) and people will start to drop from the phantom's game soon with one/day and hungry for more playing as they drop out too early...

So don't worry.

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-27-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #17
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
My apologies, Volo, but I don't think I'll be around to play in this one. I will be somewhere without an Internet connection during part of January.

Besides, your rules have given me a headache.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #18
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
well my game was short lived as was Noggie's. I guess I have time for another. I just wasn't satisfyed with that length of playing time. (lets hope I don't get killed off so early in this one....) Put me down to play Volo
Old 12-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #19
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok I've carefully read through the rules and I have a few questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModVolo
The Defender will then be informed whether the target is Innocent by a PM from the Mod.
1. Will the Defender just be told that their dream target is "not innocent" if they aren't, as you say they will be told if their pick is an Ordo, or how does that work?

2. Does the Guardian have a limited amount of attacks if the don't get a wolf? Or do they just keep killing ordo's and gifted till they eventually find a furry fiend? can they attack every night till they do kill a wolf?

3. what happens if in phase one the three participants of the day, have a deadlock? Like if everyone votes someone different and they can't change their vote?

Quote:
-Werewolves and the Guardian will be told of their victim's role if the attack is successful.
4. Do you mean if the person attacked isn't being protected, when you say successful? Or do you also mean, if the Guardian kills someone who isn't a wolf do they not learn their role?

Quote:
-The player to cast the decisive vote during a Stage2 Day may PM the Mod and choose to be protected either for the next Night or the next Day.
5. Huh? what do you mean by decisive vote, I'm not sure I get this...

Quote:
During Stage2 the role of the lynched player will be revealed to a living player chosen by random.org.
6. So can they share this info if they choose to the next day? So if it was a wolf that died and they are an Ordo, they would want to share this most likely.

7. So noone will really ever know how close we are to the end of the game right? because not everyone will know how many, of what is left ? So the game could end abruptly if the number of one group of players is equal or greater?

Sorry there are so many, but I just want to get everything clear beforehand.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #20
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
I may have to withdraw myself from the player list. I was busy with family and I messed up the timetable on Phantom's game, so I don't right now feel like I deserve to play this one.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #21
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
You can take the questionmark away from my name as my part was short-played indeed in the phantom's game...

*Never play around the clock even if you have a chance: sleep well before you play!*
Yes sir! And that's a good piece of advice you have there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
My apologies, Volo, but I don't think I'll be around to play in this one. I will be somewhere without an Internet connection during part of January.

Besides, your rules have given me a headache.
Oh well, breaks from WW aren't a bad thing, but if you do manage to get the conncetion - don't mind joining. The only rule that really counts in any WW is to survive, only after that come the different roles etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
well my game was short lived as was Noggie's. I guess I have time for another. I just wasn't satisfyed with that length of playing time. (lets hope I don't get killed off so early in this one....) Put me down to play Volo
Sure thing, lady!

1. Will the Defender just be told that their dream target is "not innocent" if they aren't, as you say they will be told if their pick is an Ordo, or how does that work?
Exactly so.

2. Does the Guardian have a limited amount of attacks if the don't get a wolf? Or do they just keep killing ordo's and gifted till they eventually find a furry fiend? can they attack every night till they do kill a wolf?
The Guardian has 1 attack per Night until he/she kills a Wolf. So he/she may kill Innocents/Gifteds until the Wolves win.

3. what happens if in phase one the three participants of the day, have a deadlock? Like if everyone votes someone different and they can't change their vote?
The first person voted will be lynched.

4. Do you mean if the person attacked isn't being protected, when you say successful? Or do you also mean, if the Guardian kills someone who isn't a wolf do they not learn their role?
If a person is targeted by an attack and isn't protected, the attack is successful and the person dies. This counts also if the Guardian kills one of his/her own and not a Wolf. The Guardian will be told the exact role of the player he/she kills during Night.

5. Huh? what do you mean by decisive vote, I'm not sure I get this...
I copied a vote-tally from one of Mac's posts from Noggie's game. Let's assume that everybody has voted and morm will be lynched.
Quote:
Kath -> Might
Nerwen -> Lommy
Valier -> morm
Might -> Might (TM 2, Lommy 1, morm 1)
Rikae -> Nerwen (TM 2, Lommy 1, morm 1, Nerwen 1)
Sally -> morm (TM 2, morm 2, Lommy 1, Nerwen 1)
morm -> Valier (TM 2, morm 2, Lommy 1, Nerwen 1, Valier 1)
Fea -> morm (morm 3, TM 2, Lommy 1, Nerwen 1, Valier 1)
Brin -> Nerwen (morm 3, TM 2, Nerwen 2, Lommy 1, Valier 1)
The first "decisive" vote came from Kath as it moved Might into a position in which he would be lynched. He stays in that position until Fea votes for morm. Now Might isn't going to be lynched anymore but morm is, which means that Fea's vote was decisive.

6. So can they share this info if they choose to the next day? So if it was a wolf that died and they are an Ordo, they would want to share this most likely.Of course, anything you know can be revealed (if it has any relevance to the game, that is).

7. So noone will really ever know how close we are to the end of the game right? because not everyone will know how many, of what is left ? So the game could end abruptly if the number of one group of players is equal or greater?
Yes, sadly this is the case. It bothers me a bit, but I doubt that the other rules would work if the ammount of Wolves would be revealed at some point.

Good questions, if anything is still unclear don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaelia of Willowbottom View Post
I may have to withdraw myself from the player list. I was busy with family and I messed up the timetable on Phantom's game, so I don't right now feel like I deserve to play this one.
I don't think messing up anything like that should be a reason why not to play in a future game. Don't be too hard on yourself! Mistakes happen everytime to everyone. In fact a mistake is all the more reason to join the next game, especially in your case.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
Volo

Then it was that the Ar-Pharazôn, King of Kings sent his men East to find famed warriors from all over Middle-earth. For a great competition was to be held at the Golden Temple of Armenelos. Heroes of valour would battle each other and the last one standing would be deemed worthy and granted immortality. The trial of skills would last 15 long days and after a party to honor the winner, also lasting 15 days.

Only the best of the best were invited but even so many fell back in fear of the Númenóreans. The warriors finally chosen to set sail for the Island were of a truly mighty lot, each more fearsome than the preveous and each with a glorious past, all unlike.

---------~~

-You may introduce your character since he/she is very famous. An interview would work very well. You can tell pretty much anything you want, it might spice up the game.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #23
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ingenious plan! If it's not too late to sign up I'd like to join this game.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #24
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Ingenious plan! If it's not too late to sign up I'd like to join this game.
Welcome to WW, Groin! It is deffinitely not too late! And thanks

Azaelia, I would like a confirmation from you if you'd really like to quit the game. Please don't!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:24 AM   #25
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If there's anyone who's willing to fight on mûmakback, I'm happy to provide them with a mûmak.

If not, I guess I'll be some Easterling. Or a Karate Dwarf.

Ok, you can take that question mark away, Volo. I doubt I'll be able to miss this.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:34 PM   #26
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I haven't decided on a character occupation yet... v_v;
Old 01-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #27
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
A few questions, Mr. V.

I have finally read all the rules properly and really went through them so I can at least post a few *strikes through* several *strikes through* pack lots horde throng swarm legion; okay, that was enough; questions. Well, it's not that much, but these are some things I wanted to clear up...

Quote:
-During Stage2 the role of the lynched player will be revealed to a living player chosen by random.org.
I presume that this will be revealed to the player sometime right after the DL, so that it does not happen that the Counsellor decides to inspect someone and at the same time is randomly chosen to be told the role of the dead player.

And by the way, technically, the Counsellor is something very close to Cobbler, right?

Quote:
-No double-lynches.
So what happens if there is an equation of votes? The one who got the most the first is lynched? From what you replied to Val, I would presume it is like that, but it's always better to ask for certain.

Quote:
-Editing the content of your posts is forbidden.
Even to mark cross-posting?

Quote:
As nasty as it is, the Guardian will lose the ability to attack anybody during the Night if he/she is lucky/skilful enough to kill a Wolf before. I think this way the Guardian balances the teams better. Of course, the Guardian doesn't have to attack every Night.
So, just to make this really straight: the Guardian's ability is one to use really rather very tactically, and simply said, we can say he is a Hunter with the ability to take down one Wolf per the whole game (and eventually, some unlucky innocents before).

And last question, the introduction of our character should be posted here, or PMed to you, or is it sufficent to introduce inside the game itself?

Okay, so that's about all I had in mind right now
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #28
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, since the sign-up list does not appear to be full, I'll play. I'll be a Musk Ox Farmer.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #29
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I presume that this will be revealed to the player sometime right after the DL, so that it does not happen that the Counsellor decides to inspect someone and at the same time is randomly chosen to be told the role of the dead player.

And by the way, technically, the Counsellor is something very close to Cobbler, right?
I'll try to send out the roles as soon as possible. The Counsellor is very much like a Cobbler, but with the extra ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
So what happens if there is an equation of votes? The one who got the most the first is lynched? From what you replied to Val, I would presume it is like that, but it's always better to ask for certain.
Yup, that's the case.
Quote:
Even to mark cross-posting?
Oh, but that isn't truly the content of a post. Cross-posting may be marked and smelling corrected.

Quote:
So, just to make this really straight: the Guardian's ability is one to use really rather very tactically, and simply said, we can say he is a Hunter with the ability to take down one Wolf per the whole game (and eventually, some unlucky innocents before).
Well, yes, the role isn't very unlike the Assassin (+ the Hunter). In the best case the Guardian may catch two Wolves: one by attacking (Assassin/Wolf's ability) and one by hunting (Hunter's ability). The only part that makes the Guardian very hard is the fact that the ammount of Wolves is unknown and it may be that a wrong kill is enough to lead to defeat already early on.

Quote:
And last question, the introduction of our character should be posted here, or PMed to you, or is it sufficent to introduce inside the game itself?
Post it here. I'll post an example - made up because I was bored...

Welcome Menel! You can be a humble farmer, but wouldn't you rather be a mighty warrior (check #22)?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #30
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, whoops. Forgot to read the premise. I'll be a warrior then.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #31
Volo

I thought that making a "profile" for your gladiator might be easier than writing an interview. It may be as crazy or un-crazy as you like it to be, or you may not write it at all and have your character stay very mysterious.

Here's the profile for Ugh-Friedrich, an equally famous warrior invited to host the competiotion.

Name: Ugh-Friedrich
Title(s): The Thunder Of The Fist
Equipment (among others):
-Ethreal Postbox of the Badger (sort of sledgehammer)
-Syd Barret's Blue Towel
-Pants of Power (made in the Fires of Doom)
(Significant) heroic deeds:
-Singlehandedly rescued Princess Purplebeard from the Big Bad Werewolf
-(Almost) singlehandedly got maximum points from the passing exam of Tol-In-Gaurhoth University of Dire Arts
Star sign: fish, you know, the half-eaten.
Favourite food: potatoes fried on blood, sweat and tears, and beer.
Favourite drink: diet honey
Favourite sport: football (soccer)
Favourite colour: black, of course!
Wierdest rumor you have heard about yourself: I was once asked if I'm Beren. Another time I was asked if I'm Gothmog... Go figure...
Hobbies: Causing fictionary traffic jams, sports
Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: I have nothing to tell! ;D Haha! Good one, eh?

Last edited by Volo; 01-09-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: ummwell...
Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #32
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Augh! Sweet Cerridwen! I've been off the Downs far too long and all of this has happened.

I've never played a warrior type before, much more of a behind the scenes person m'self, but this should be fun to see how horrible I can make it.
Heh, maybe I can be an Ent again, though I have this bad feeling I'll end up making someone's crackling firewood.

I'm not really familiar with the various roles though, besides the early basics of guardian, seer, etc.
So, sorry for one more silly and stupid question, these little roles and such are simply character and story wise, and will not in the ultimate make of things transform into/change/characterize roles? I'm just curious, as ever.

~ Adapting Ka
Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #33
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Leaf Here comes my profile.

I guess I got a little carried off. You can see how my mood changed from the beginning to the end. I was starting relatively seriously.

Name: Legate of Amon Lanc
Title(s): Legate. Of Amon Lanc.
Class: Ranger 17
- Oropher's Longbow +4 (+6 and +2d6 damage vs. Spiders)
- Breastplate of the Wood(s) +3 of Arrow Catching
- Earth of Galadriel's Orchard
- Elven-cloak
- Miruvor
- Showing an old woman way out of the woods.
- Arranging a meeting between Radagast the Brown, and the representatives of Woodmen - certain Ivan and Nastya, who for some reason kept calling the Wizard "Morozko".
Star sign: Meneltarmostratocastaquarius.
Favourite food: Blueberries.
Favourite drink: Icy water. (underground)
Favourite sport: Fencing. I.e. closing people into fences. Electric.
Favourite colour: Red, black; blue, brown; yellow, crimson; green, orange. Purple, pink; violet, white...
Favoured enemy: Spiders, Werewolves, Corporeal Undead, Incorporeal Undead.
Wierdest rumor you have heard about yourself: Reputedly I married a tree.
Hobbies: Hooting at the woods. Shooting at the hoods (Robins). Rooting at the noobs.
Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: I am your father. Yes, your! Stand still, laddy!

And whoever finds all my sources has a big plus at me. I can then add just one more plus and his name after it and I have a vote

EDIT: I thought I could have an animal companion, but I don't think it would be allowed, eh? Unless anyone decided to be that. It would probably need not to be a wolf, however (although...)

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-02-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #34
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
EDIT: I thought I could have an animal companion, but I don't think it would be allowed, eh? Unless anyone decided to be that. It would probably need not to be a wolf, however (although...)
I volunteer! Just call me Dire Leopard. Meow.

*sharpens claws*
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #35
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
So, sorry for one more silly and stupid question, these little roles and such are simply character and story wise, and will not in the ultimate make of things transform into/change/characterize roles? I'm just curious, as ever.
Everything you write here is purely story wise.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #36
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Name: Meneltarmacil
Title(s): Mooseslayer
A helmet with moose antlers attached to it (where the horns on a Viking helmet would be)
A two-handed sword
A slingshot used for launching rocks at things
-Killed the legendary Weremoose of Sorontil (his head is mounted above my fireplace)
-Became Moose Wrestling Champion three times
Star sign: Moose
Favourite food: Moose meat
Favourite drink: Moose milk
Favourite sport: Moose Wrestling
Favourite colour: Red
Weirdest rumor you have heard about yourself: I was abandoned in the wild as a baby and raised by moose... Honestly, how could they have come up with that?
Hobbies: Hunting
Tell us something that nobody else knows about you:The log cabin in which I live contains eight moose trophies.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 01-02-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #37
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Name: Valier
Title(s): mysterious Ranger from the North
A wooden bow
A dirty, worn, rather large black cloak
a long sword of magnificent beauty
could find a sleeping polar bear in a blizzard (in other words is really super good at tracking)
Star sign: Leo the lion
Favourite food: dry bread
Favourite drink: warm water
Favourite sport: find the spoon
Favourite colour:black (it makes you so mysterious)
Weirdest rumor you have heard about yourself: That I'm really a man
Hobbies: Tracking stuff
Tell us something that nobody else knows about you:I'm really not a man

(ok this was just too much fun...)
Old 01-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #38
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Let's give this a try. I'll be a little more serious than some of my comrades, just to be different.

Name: McCaber
Title: none (for official purposes, my name alone suffices. However, in the back alleys of Umbar I have earned a few nicknames, such as "Shadowmaster", "The Black Knife", and "Death")
-an array of finely crafted, well balanced throwing knives kept on my person
-unassuming, forgettable clothing that allows full mobility and quick drawing of said knives
-Extinguished the Brotherhood of the Eye, a secret society controlled by Sauron
-Killed seven of the Haradrim chieftains in one night during the recent insurrection
-Assassinated many various underlings of the Great Enemy working in and around my city
Star Sign: the Third Sigil of Fire
Favorite food: A small shop off the Street of Kings that serves the best fish in all of Umbar
Favorite drink: Haradrim wine, not the exports but what they keep for themselves
Favorite sport: geocaching
Favorite color: grey (not gray, that's completely different.)
Weirdest rumor you have ever heard about yourself: that I don't really exist, but am merely a rumor planted by Numenorians to ensure loyalty.
Hobbies:Finding and eliminating my enemies, chess
Tell us something that nobody knows about you: South Ithilien is the farthest from home I've ever been, until this voyage.

Wow, this guy turned out to be nothing like what I started with. I like him.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 AM   #39
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I intend this to be as bloody ridiculous as possible.

Name: Taliesin of Nothing

Title(s): 'The Keepless Nostophobist'; '... Who now?'

- A Lute of Brutal Honesty
- A Bow of Second Guessing w/ Arrows of Regret
- The Bag of Wishful Thinking w/ the Drawstring of Reality
- Two inconspicious, regular and honest long knives
- An everyday and useful Cloak of Assumption
- One Aloof Walking Staff

- Vanquished the inner child of the great Warlord Krumm, and collected all his assets in full with no transaction fee.
- Ridded the Riddler of No-Returns-After-Five-Days from the North
- Periodically saves *some* animals from forest fires
- Saved the secrets of Several Symbolic Sorcerers
- Have repeatedly survived the 'mysterious' vendettas from many a several quasi-kingly Courts
- Successfully remains a mellow misanthropic this whole time

Star sign: Michevious Morgana the Misanthropist

Favourite food: Fish (well smart one, what else is there to eat for the Ichthyophagi on the go?)

Favourite drink: Tears of laughter (it sticks to you, those vaporous humors)

Favourite sport: Orienteering

Favourite colour: Teal. Simple as that.

Weirdest rumor you have heard about yourself: That I actually live somewhere, who, what, where?!

Hobbies: Unconscious brutal honesty, horse grooming, perpetual travel, some fine dining, star-counting.

Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: I never rent the seventh room of any establishment, for very rational reasons.

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-04-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:26 AM   #40
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Name: Thinlómien

Title(s): The Misfit, The Orc-Elf, The Ancient Beast

- a great bow
- a set of heavy Orc knives
- an old, rusty sword
- Elven cloak
- Orc medicines

- Escaped from Melkor's dungeons before being completely turned to an Orc
- Saved a Swedish princess from a horde of talking pancakes
- Killed a scouting party of ten Orcs single-handed
- Shot an apple that was on the top of a penguin's head
- Helped some petty-dwarves to find roots and herbs for food
- Slayed The Killer Mosquito of Angband

Star sign: Cursed

Favourite food: Turkish food, especially iskender kebab aka lembas and elf-meat

Favourite drink: blackcurrant juice

Favourite sport: playing footbag with stuffed squirrel heads

Favourite colour: the colour of the stars of Varda

Weirdest rumor you have heard about yourself: That I'm actually not an Elf nor an Orc, but a Hobbit. Blah, such creatures don't even exist.

Hobbies: Looking for the sea and dreaming of the Western Shore. Footbags. Astronomy. Torturing insects. Gardening. Book-crossing. Lopping people's arms off. Playing chess with penguins.

Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: A long time ago I was young and beautiful and gentle-hearted.

---------

I originally wanted to make her some sort of my alter ego that would resemble me quite a lot, but I got quickly a bit carried away with all that crazy footbag and kebab stuff and gave up...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote