The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #41
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo on the Dreams thread
I had a dream in which Aganzir and Brinniel told me that it's taking me too long to get WW42 running and signed out of it.
Unfortunately, your dream might very well come half true.

I really do want to be in this game though, so I won't back out until I know for sure I absolutely have to. Is there a certain time you must know by? I'm assuming nothing's happening until phantom's game is over anyways...
Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #42
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots My character description

Name: Groin Rebeard

Title(s): War Chief, Guardian of Caradhras

Equipment (among others):
-Great double edged battle axe
-Several throughing axes
-Wood axe
-Full dwarven chainmail with helmet

(Significant) heroic deeds:
-Saved travelers from the Barrow Wight's
-Veteran war chief of the Firebeards
-Has singe handedly stopped large bands of Orcs, multiple times, from passing over the Caradhras

Star sign: Bear

Favorite food: Anything that is cooked well; fruit

Favorite drink: Hot Cider

Favorite sport: Playing golf with hobbits

Favorite color: Gold

Weirdest rumor you have heard about yourself: Accused of dying his beard yellow.

Hobbies: Reading about great historical figures, Myths, Lore’s, and his highly competitive.

Tell us something that nobody knows about you: I don’t enjoy killing people, I’ve just gotten good at it.

Note too Legate: Please keep an eye on that cat of yours.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #43
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Unfortunately, your dream might very well come half true.

I really do want to be in this game though, so I won't back out until I know for sure I absolutely have to. Is there a certain time you must know by? I'm assuming nothing's happening until phantom's game is over anyways...
\o/ I can see the future!

Uh, um... :/

I'll wait until phantom's game ends and if there's still less than 18 players, I'll start sending PM invitations. You may have the question mark for as long as we lack players, so no worry.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #44
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Wierdest rumor you have heard about yourself: Reputedly I married a tree.
Oh, but that's not a rumour.
By the way, shouldn't your or Might's star sign be Death Star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I just experienced déjà vu... Has Tolkien mentioned something about dwarves' interest on cats?
(when I was about 12 my dear rpg character's fav hobby was trying to catch & eat his fellow's kitten)

So, here's my character bio. But if there's still someone wants to be a mûmak-rider, I'm ready to change.

Name: Aganzir is a stage name given to me by the Númenoreans, and that's what you can call me.
Title(s): The Shadow of the East, the Black Easterling &c.

-Bow and arrows
-Some throwing axes
-Teeth and claws
-A battle-trained horse
-Sharp tongue

-Killing and torturing numerous people (including some royalties)
-Winning an honest combat once
-Foiling all the heroic deeds you others could have posted here otherwise
-Getting Ar-Pharazôn's advisor to propose to me
-> and everything that followed from that

Star sign: Riiuuyöaie.
Favourite food: Some nice juicy meat. I don't care too much which animal I am eating.
Favourite drink: Penguin blood.
Favourite sport: Cool stunts on horseback.
Favourite colour: Black!
Weirdest rumour you have heard about yourself: Absolutely the weirdest rumour I have heard is that I spread weird rumours about others! Well yea, they say I'm afraid of water. No idea why.
Hobbies: Sharpening my claws, sharpening my axes, sharpening my horse's teeth. Shooting wooden targets, shooting running targets, shooting screaming targets. Chasing little people. Seeing powerful people.
Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: I am a female.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #45
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I'll wait until phantom's game ends and if there's still less than 18 players, I'll start sending PM invitations.
So you don't have any clearer idea about when you would like to start? If you wanted to start earlier, maybe you could start sending the PMs even before that, you know how long it can take to get enough sign-ups...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard
Don't worry, my skills of animal handling are far above superior...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Oh, but that's not a rumour.
Whatever, whatever...

Quote:
By the way, shouldn't your or Might's star sign be Death Star?
Interesting idea. Maybe Miggy will take it. I will remind him of that if he does not post it in his profile. He could even add something more, like an episode (*ahem*) that his horoscope was once said to be influenced by the fact that the Moon was standing in his planet, while of course TM knew, "That's no moon..."

Quote:
Star sign: Riiuuyöaie.
I can understand that!!!

Quote:
Favourite drink
You know what, I am really surprised someone can be your friend when you are doing things like this...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #46
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggie
I can understand that!!!
Hmh, maybe you can understand it but surely not pronounce it (right). Lommy's been teaching you Finnish lately? Or was it Volo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggie
You know what, I am really surprised someone can be your friend when you are doing things like this...
I guess they're willing to forgive me maaany things because I'm such a good friend and nice and lovely for the most of time.

I had almost forgot one thing I thought I'd post here... I was talking with a friend and mentioned I should come up with a character for this game. See what she suggested: "You could be a hybrid between a penguin and a tree so that Lommy and Legate wouldn't want to vote you!"
Old 01-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #47
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Hmh, maybe you can understand it but surely not pronounce it (right). Lommy's been teaching you Finnish lately? Or was it Volo?
Sh! That's a secret.
I am just incredibly knowledgeable.

Quote:
I guess they're willing to forgive me maaany things because I'm such a good friend and nice and lovely for the most of time.
"Most", indeed

Quote:
I had almost forgot one thing I thought I'd post here... I was talking with a friend and mentioned I should come up with a character for this game. See what she suggested: "You could be a hybrid between a penguin and a tree so that Lommy and Legate wouldn't want to vote you!"
I am that famous? That's almost... scary.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #48
Volo

Quote:
I am that famous? That's almost... scary.
That's what I say when I hear that some person they know but I don't knows about me.

Umm... This is a bit off topic.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #49
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

White-Hand Questions or complaints

If I understood correctly, there's no night until after the pre-days? This bothers me a bit. Given the number of relatively new players, it's more than likely that someone who has never been a wolf before will be now. Ok, I know it's not that bad to be a first-timer wolf without a chance to discuss before the game starts, but... It'd just feel fairer. Besides, if this first-timer wolf is lynched on a pre-game day, s/he'll have no chance to try the best sides of wolvery, ie. the night discussions.

Another thing that bothers me is that I know I will feel bad if I have to choose between some innocentish experienced player and an only slightly suspicious newbie on the pre-game day. Lommy told me about this idea (I'm not sure if it was hers or Nog's) that there could be a first day when everybody speaks but no one is lynched, and only after that the pre-game days in groups of three. This would make it fairer- I bet it'll not be nice to be in the first group which has absolutely nothing to discuss.

Quote:
-The player to cast the decisive vote during a Stage2 Day may PM the Mod and choose to be protected either for the next Night or the next Day.
If you ask me, this complicates the game in vain. But I guess I'm not asked because I'm always the pessimist.

Quote:
3. what happens if in phase one the three participants of the day, have a deadlock? Like if everyone votes someone different and they can't change their vote?
The first person voted will be lynched.
Aghh... Couldn't it be chosen randomly? It's not fair that someone dies because of eg. timezone if all have been suspected equally.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #50
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Another thing that bothers me is that I know I will feel bad if I have to choose between some innocentish experienced player and an only slightly suspicious newbie on the pre-game day. Lommy told me about this idea (I'm not sure if it was hers or Nog's) that there could be a first day when everybody speaks but no one is lynched, and only after that the pre-game days in groups of three. This would make it fairer- I bet it'll not be nice to be in the first group which has absolutely nothing to discuss.
We talked about the subject with Lommy. I just forgot to bring it forwards. So I really think that without a something like "normal" Day1 in the beginning there will be nothing to discuss not only on the first pre-Day but on most pre-Days. In case Volo throws people with a shared past and vocal playing style together they might talk a few pages but I'm afraid that more often than not we will end up with more silence than discussion or actual playing.

There should indeed be votes as well on this common pre-pre-Day even if no one is actually lynched.

An idea to consider would also be that Volo could pick up one player more - so not 15, 18 or 21 but either 16, 19 or 22. Then we could actually lynch someone on this common Day1 and the lynched one would have a role revealed to everyone so we would actually have lots to talk about on the "pre-Game" stages as there would be everything from the first Day (and the wolves at least should have had a Night1 talk so that they could try strategies if they wished and the others could try to see those patterns in the discussions).

That would certainly break the neat balance but the balance is broken anyhow as soon as the pre-game rounds start so I don't think that to be a huge problem anyway - even if in one pre-game round there are not three different groups represented.

Well that's a thought.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #51
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Do we have an actual day on when we will star playing?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #52
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Second that. I know we have to wait until Phantom's and others' games have ended and the players finally shuffle (almost wrote souffle there, too much en francais this week ) out, but is there any estimate of when a plausible date might hit the arison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
In case Volo throws people with a shared past and vocal playing style together they might talk a few pages but I'm afraid that more often than not we will end up with more silence than discussion or actual playing.
True there, considering the group of players so far includes a few seasoned, semi-seasoned, 'fenris-seasoned' , and others who this may be their second or first time playing. Then again, the first game is always the one where you learn from your mistakes and collect your spoils for further development, but I do agree that the first day is always one that has a permanent overcast of ackward silence. Which can or can't spell chaos for the rest of the game. Unless on the first day people start by taking random votes, even if it makes some of us feel horribly guilty (or guiltless with randomosity). I dunno, that is what I mostly remember about first day voting, is random votes for further development. In this case though, there might be a few more than one 'first day'.

So, a pre-game analysis might do some good, as long as it is kept to an agreeable length.
Nothing too extensive to add confusion later on, because its simply annoying and makes the whole thing a flit, so to speak.

Just my little musings, and wished to check in. A snow storm provided me an extra day from a busy schedule.

~ Curiouser and Curiouser Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #53
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Phantom's game has ended now and we still lack some players. I guess sending invitations would be the fastest way to get them.

More questions.
Do any of the gifteds know each other / are allowed to pm / something?

Quote:
-Only 1 player from each role group (Innocent/Special/Werewolf) has the right to post and vote per Day.
So there will be eg. a day with a wolf, a cobbler and an ordo?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #54
Volo

Quote:
If I understood correctly, there's no night until after the pre-days? This bothers me a bit. Given the number of relatively new players, it's more than likely that someone who has never been a wolf before will be now. Ok, I know it's not that bad to be a first-timer wolf without a chance to discuss before the game starts, but... It'd just feel fairer. Besides, if this first-timer wolf is lynched on a pre-game day, s/he'll have no chance to try the best sides of wolvery, ie. the night discussions.
I think the new players will be in less danger if they know as little as everybody else. The idea was that the Wolves wouldn't be told their partners until Night1. That being the case the only thing they'd have to hide is that they themselves are Wolves. I'm against there being a Night before stage1 ends, but if you players think that it would be fair then I'll give a Night.

Quote:
That exactly is the idea of why I made up something like this...
Quote:
We talked about the subject with Lommy. I just forgot to bring it forwards. So I really think that without a something like "normal" Day1 in the beginning there will be nothing to discuss not only on the first pre-Day but on most pre-Days. In case Volo throws people with a shared past and vocal playing style together they might talk a few pages but I'm afraid that more often than not we will end up with more silence than discussion or actual playing.
...but this here is a good idea. However I'll resrict it to a Day of chatting, and what more, I won't tell the Wolves who the others are.
No, actually I'll think about this:
Quote:
An idea to consider would also be that Volo could pick up one player more - so not 15, 18 or 21 but either 16, 19 or 22. Then we could actually lynch someone on this common Day1 and the lynched one would have a role revealed to everyone so we would actually have lots to talk about on the "pre-Game" stages as there would be everything from the first Day (and the wolves at least should have had a Night1 talk so that they could try strategies if they wished and the others could try to see those patterns in the discussions).
Quote:
Quote:
-The player to cast the decisive vote during a Stage2 Day may PM the Mod and choose to be protected either for the next Night or the next Day.
If you ask me, this complicates the game in vain. But I guess I'm not asked because I'm always the pessimist.
Oh, but I don't believe that you're more pessimistic than I am (generally, maybe not in this case, but...). I rather like the idea so I think I'll keep it.

Quote:
Quote:
The first person voted will be lynched.
Aghh... Couldn't it be chosen randomly? It's not fair that someone dies because of eg. timezone if all have been suspected equally.
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin and Ka
Honestly, I don't know. The phantom's game lasted longer than I thought and I'm against both of somebody playing in two games at the same time and of a new game starting right after the preveous one, but since you are so eager... Just bantering. Seriously, 15 players isn't enough. I'll send PMs now.
How about Monday being Day0?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #55
Volo

Xd with Aganzir, .

Quote:
Phantom's game has ended now and we still lack some players. I guess sending invitations would be the fastest way to get them.
Yup.

Quote:
Do any of the gifteds know each other / are allowed to pm / something?
Nope.

Quote:
So there will be eg. a day with a wolf, a cobbler and an ordo?
Yup.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #56
Volo

I removed Azalia from the player list since she hasn't answered me.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #57
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry for not paying much attention to this thread, but I definitely wish to participate.

So, just copy pasted Aganzir's description and will edit it. Btw, good idea with the Death Star.

Name: The Mighty Rog
Title(s): The Hammer of Gondolin

- warhammer
- shield

- Killing hundreds of Orcs before the gates of Gondolin

Star sign: Death Star
Favourite food: Anything that moves
Favourite drink: Beer
Favourite sport: Hammer throw
Favourite colour: Gold
Weirdest rumour you have heard about yourself: Ummm...that I'm a wolf. I keep hearing these rumours all the time.
Hobbies: Killing Orcs. That's all.
Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: The rumours might be true.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #58
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
wellity well then. i'm happily back from break and had a couple days to get settled in. i'll come up with something real quick for my character and put it up soon-ish. oh and as an added comment, to those of you in phantom's recent game....wow. i'd have lost my mind if i was you. kudos.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #59
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i accept ze invite.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #60
Volo

Thumbs up

Quote:
i accept ze invite.
Great!

With three players more we will be able to start.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:27 AM   #61
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This looks like a very interesting game... hehe.

Name: Izz E. Yumme

Title(s): QuiteQuietestQuiter

Equipment:
Plunger of DOOM
Gross Jaeger
Pint of Jager
Sharp Throwing knives
Sparta

Significant heroic deeds:
Trained a horse to walk on two feet.
Adopted a Jr. Balrog as my best friend

Star Sign: That bright shiny star in the sky - West
Favourite food: Asparagus and garlic
Favourite drink: Apple Juice, Jagermeister
Favourite sport: Throwing sticks in front of people as the walk
Favourite colour: green
Weirdest rumor you have heard about yourself: errr, haven't
Hobbies: Taking my pet for a walk, watching the clouds not-move
Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: I have five arms? I keep throwing knives hidden in my hair?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #62
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
since i've been recently reading Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar saga, i shall go with one of his characters... hard to choose between Tomas or Arutha...

Name: Tomas Megarson
Title(s): Ashen-Shugar, Lord of Eagle Reaches, last of the Valheru
Gold armour
Dragon helm
White and Gold longsword
White and Gold Shield
Protected Elvandar from invasion
defeated a Wraith-lord
Star sign: five jewels.(five red stars basically)
Favourite food: elven food
Favourite drink: ale
Favourite sport: football (soccer)
Favourite colour: White and gold
Wierdest rumor you have heard about yourself: almost destroyed what i was protecting

serious i know... if we are going tolkien based let me know and i'l lre-write it for i suspect most are lost...
Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #63
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
serious i know... if we are going tolkien based let me know and i'l lre-write it for i suspect most are lost...
Anything goes, pretty much.

Two more players and we'll begin!

I decided that there'll be a Day0 before stage1. It is going to be a basic Day exept that there won't be a lynch.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #64
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So are we going to vote or not?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #65
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I would imagine not.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #66
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So did you decide on a start time for all this Volo or did I miss it? like when and for how long will day0 last and then when and for how long does each day/ and or night in stage 1 last and lastly stage 2. I need to know the time of day we will be playing, so I make sure I'm here.

So I also gather that Day 0 will be just an open day for everyone to chat, with no voting and no lynch, giving whatever three start day1 phase 1, something to talk about?
Old 01-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #67
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
So are we going to vote or not?
What you write is completely up to you. I seem to remember a game where voting wasn't officially a part of the discussion and didn't have anything to do with the lynch, but people voted anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
So did you decide on a start time for all this Volo or did I miss it? like when and for how long will day0 last and then when and for how long does each day/ and or night in stage 1 last and lastly stage 2. I need to know the time of day we will be playing, so I make sure I'm here.
Since we still lack two players we can't start tomorrow, which was the planned starting time, but it can't be helped. But I'm pretty sure that we'll start quite early next week.

The structure of the game (with 18 players):
(Note: A day is 24h. A Day is a phase of the game, when people may discuss in the thread.)

1. day: Day0.0 (Everybody may post in the thread. No lynch. Wolves don't know who the other wolves are.)
2. day: Day0.1 (Three players may post in the thread. Lynch.)
3. day: Day0.2
--
8. day: Night1 (Wolves are told who the other wolves are. Wolves may not attack. Gifteds may act. Stage2 rules count from now on, unless said otherwise.)
9. day: Day1 (Everybody may post in the thread. Lynch.)
10. day: Night2 (Wolves may attack.)
11. day: Day2
--

Quote:
So I also gather that Day 0 will be just an open day for everyone to chat, with no voting and no lynch, giving whatever three start day1 phase 1, something to talk about?
Pretty much. You will know your own roles by then.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:34 AM   #68
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Although still a little confuzzled...you can count me in

I'll come up with some kind of 'bio' after work today. Volo, I know the start Day is still a little up in the air, but do you have a start time yet?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #69
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I agree with Naria, I need to know what time of the day we will be starting, the later the better for me, I'm afraid. somewhere around 6pm CST would be great, but whatever works...works.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #70
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Question Why can't I remember all my questions at the same time?

Are you going to tell us how many gifteds there are of each sort?

Quote:
-May dream of a living player during the Night by sending a PM to the Mod. The Defender will then be informed whether the target is Innocent by a PM from the Mod.
I take it that Innocent means ordo here?

Quote:
-The deadline is negotiable, but it's probably going to be 8PM GMT.
So that's 2 pm CST I think.

edit: I just remembered... Last night I had a dream (or was it a nightmare?) I was chosen to be a cobbler here.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #71
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
edit: I just remembered... Last night I had a dream (or was it a nightmare?) I was chosen to be a cobbler here.
What? A cobbler? I never heard of such a thing

However I have to voice my appreciation of the Day 0.0 - it will be much more interesting and better to play the subsequent Days on Stage 1 then. We learn how you sorted us out after Day 1, I presume, Volo? (sorry if it is written somewhere and I overlooked it, it is all very long...)
Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #72
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
Although still a little confuzzled...you can count me in

I'll come up with some kind of 'bio' after work today. Volo, I know the start Day is still a little up in the air, but do you have a start time yet?
This is getting more and more interesting, given who are playing.

Ok, if one more player joins soon, we'll start the game tomorrow, otherwise, we'll have to wait for the following day and hope.

The deadline/start time is 8PM GMT, like Aganzir kindly pointed out. It's 10PM for me and I don't think that I can physically manage a later time, since I couldn't find the motivation to use this weekend for sleeping and neither will I for the next one. Sorry.

Quote:
Are you going to tell us how many gifteds there are of each sort?
No, I'm not.
Quote:
I take it that Innocent means ordo here?
Innocent is an ordo and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
However I have to voice my appreciation of the Day 0.0 - it will be much more interesting and better to play the subsequent Days on Stage 1 then. We learn how you sorted us out after Day 1, I presume, Volo?
I'm not sure of what you mean here, but I suppose you like the way the Days are planned at the moment. Am I correct?

What do you mean by being sorted out?

Sorry for having different parts of rules around the place, I try to keep everything important in the first post.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #73
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
I'm not sure of what you mean here, but I suppose you like the way the Days are planned at the moment. Am I correct?

What do you mean by being sorted out?
Yes, you are correct. And by sorted out, I mean when we are going to learn when we play and with whom on Stage 1.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #74
Volo

Quote:
And by sorted out, I mean when we are going to learn when we play and with whom on Stage 1.
Ok, that is an important question. I think I'll start already now because otherwise the start will be put even further. Thanks for reminding me!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #75
Volo

Ok, I have Days chosen. I'll be sending PMs telling when you are playing on stage1. Please reply me as fast as you can and tell me if the Day is ok or would some other work better.

Do not reveal the Day to anybody! Not here, not in RL, not in the game-thread.

If the starting time of the game moves forward, I'll try to move your Day to the same weekday next week.

Example:

Day0.0 - starts on the 14th (Mon) at 8PM GMT
Day0.1 - starts on the 15th (Tue) at 8PM GMT - Brinniel, THE Ka, Shastanis Althereduin
Day0.2 - starts on the 16th (Wed) at 8PM GMT - satansaloser2005, Aganzir, McCaber
Day0.3 - starts on the 17th (Thu) at 8PM GMT - Nogrod, Legate of Amon Lanc, The Might
Day0.4 - starts on the 18th (Fri) at 8PM GMT - Thinlómien, Valier, Groin Redbeard
Day0.5 - starts on the 19th (Sat) at 8PM GMT - Meneltarmacil, Kath, Gil-Galad
Day0.6 - starts on the 20th (Sun) at 8PM GMT - Roa_Aoife, Naria, [the player we miss]

-->

Day0.0 - starts on the 15th (Tue) at 8PM GMT
Day0.1 - starts on the 16th (Wed) at 8PM GMT - satansaloser2005, Aganzir, McCaber
Day0.2 - starts on the 17th (Thu) at 8PM GMT - Nogrod, Legate of Amon Lanc, The Might
Day0.3 - starts on the 18th (Fri) at 8PM GMT - Thinlómien, Valier, Groin Redbeard
Day0.4 - starts on the 19th (Sat) at 8PM GMT - Meneltarmacil, Kath, Gil-Galad
Day0.5 - starts on the 20th (Sun) at 8PM GMT - Roa_Aoife, Naria, [the player we miss]
Day0.6 - starts on the 21st (Mon) at 8PM GMT - Brinniel, THE Ka, Shastanis Althereduin

-->

Day0.0 - starts on the 16th (Wed) at 8PM GMT
Day0.1 - starts on the 17th (Thu) at 8PM GMT - Nogrod, Legate of Amon Lanc, The Might
Day0.2 - starts on the 18th (Fri) at 8PM GMT - Thinlómien, Valier, Groin Redbeard
Day0.3 - starts on the 19th (Sat) at 8PM GMT - Meneltarmacil, Kath, Gil-Galad
Day0.4 - starts on the 20th (Sun) at 8PM GMT - Roa_Aoife, Naria, [the player we miss]
Day0.5 - starts on the 21st (Mon) at 8PM GMT - satansaloser2005, Aganzir, McCaber
Day0.6 - starts on the 22nd (Tue) at 8PM GMT - Brinniel, THE Ka, Shastanis Althereduin

--> and so on, next step would be that Noggie, Legate and Might move to the 21st and sally, Aganzir and McCaber move to the 23rd.

EDIT: A stupid mistake I made here and otherwhere. 20:00 is 8PM, not 20PM whatever that is.

Last edited by Volo; 01-14-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #76
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Roa is back?

But yes, I'm really happy to see you for a long time Roa!

And I must say I'm also pretty happy when I see that Volo's trios seem to be fixed. Roa could convince even my mom that I'm guilty - whatever my role is - and she would do it without hesitation...

~*~

I think it would be advisable to require the players to vote on the shared Day 0.0. It kind of makes the talking more concentrated or focused on that Day and also helps us in the trio-Days...

I mean that if required to vote people might try to play a bit more than if it's just a small-talk -hour with nothing but talk. Also with that requirement we could bring up the issue of people's votes on to those trio Days as to why someone voted for someone (we'd have a view of our own about the people on Day 0.0) and if someone didn't vote were s/he trying to play it safe? etc...

If it's just that you may vote or not-vote it waters the thing down as most will prefer not to just to be on the safe side.

So no lynching on Day0.0 but votes yes. That's my suggestion.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #77
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Roa is back?
That was exactly my reaction, only I popped my eyes maybe even a little bit more. I think I have not played with her since my first game, nevertheless, she left a strong trace in my memory (and who would not - in my first game; I being a Wolf and she being a Cobbler ) and it's great to see her back.

Quote:
And I must say I'm also pretty happy when I see that Volo's trios seem to be fixed. Roa could convince even my mom that I'm guilty - whatever my role is - and she would do it without hesitation...
Not that you should be the right one to talk about this *points up* Interesting is the word I would use for the way the trios look, however, I guess we should save this chatter for the game so that we at least have something to start our discussion with

Quote:
I think it would be advisable to require the players to vote on the shared Day 0.0. It kind of makes the talking more concentrated or focused on that Day and also helps us in the trio-Days...
Well personally I don't think voting would be necessary, even with no votes people with low participation may later be accused of low participation (and people who are overly vocal may later be accused of being overly vocal), and they don't need votes for that.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-13-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #78
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Well personally I don't think voting would be necessary, even with no votes people with low participation may later be accused of low participation (and people who are overly vocal may later be accused of being overly vocal), and they don't need votes for that.
If we require voting on Day 0.0 everyone needs to take a stance! Otherwise people may just chatter niceties and the gain of that opening Day is minimal at worst. If everyone needs to vote they need to commit themselves to something from which they can be held responsible in a way afterwards. That's what I'm looking for.

There's little evidence in this game as we all know, as you point out people can be suspected of both talking too much, too little or just calculatedly averagely... Voting record is one of the few things we have - and that's why I'd like the wolves to know each other already on Day 0.0 but even if they don't - one could actually look at whom the others in the triad have chosen with their vote. That's a real and concrete choice. And as that something one could try to form some conclusions, to create discussion from on those trio-Days.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #79
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I guess I'm playing...

Title(s): Azaelia the Average

- a small, dull knife.
- a couple kebab stickers (those sharp things that go through a kebab. I forget what they're actually called)
- knitting needles and lots of yarn
- various herbs and spices

-Cooked enough food to feed her family over the holidays (with help)
-kicked the town drunk out of her local tavern at closing time (no mean feat)

Star sign: I was born on a cloudy night. No one could see the stars.

Favourite food: potatoes.

Favourite drink: plain old water. Told you I was average.

Favourite sport: rolling down hills

Favourite colour: Yellow

Weirdest rumor you have heard about yourself: That I actually am not real myself.

Hobbies: cooking, knitting

Tell us something that nobody else knows about you: I dream of someday being more than just Azaelia the Average. I want to be Azaelia the Above-Average.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:40 PM   #80
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
The deadline/start time is 8PM GMT, like Aganzir kindly pointed out. It's 10PM for me and I don't think that I can physically manage a later time, since I couldn't find the motivation to use this weekend for sleeping and neither will I for the next one. Sorry.

That means....*does math* 4pm my time. okey dokey. although....i'm internetless from 1pm-6pm every day (blasted job) and thus i'd have to vote semi-early most of the time. which is probably just as well, because that way I don't end up being post happy toward the end like in the last games.

So....I'm going to go finish up my bio real quick like. Hopefully (if I don't fall asleep that is) I'll post it sometime later tonight.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote