The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-26-2009, 01:21 AM   #681
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Oh no, wait.

It says the Fairy Godmother (Ranger) slipped a note to the Wielder of the Looking Glass (Seer).

Hang on, I need to check the rules.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #682
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I wasn't sure of what you were referring to in her post. Since she said whom she "dreamed" of a number of hours ago; so it was basically just a repeat. Save for her actually committing to the statement that she hasn't "dreamed' of "her ranger".

X'd with Nerwen.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:31 AM   #683
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
All right, I checked. So, that's right: the only way the Ranger and Seer can find each other is via Seer-dream (i.e. the narration has it the wrong way around.)
Old 05-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #684
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I wasn't sure of what you were referring to in her post. Since she said whom she "dreamed" of a number of hours ago; so it was basically just a repeat. Save for her actually committing to the statement that she hasn't "dreamed' of "her ranger".
As I said, I should have got the implication before. Sorry, I'm just not playing very well.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:11 AM   #685
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
How was Shasta a known innocent Zil? Would that be a slip I see? He is a known innocent, because he isn't one of your wolfy mates?
Nothing of the kind. He is a known innocent now.

Quote:
Rofl @ Zil. When Agan turns out to be Rumplie. you are going to look quite foolish, for not taking us seriously.
If that turns out to be the case, I'll certainly be inclined to believe you. I already said I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt for the moment, so I don't see what your problem is.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #686
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Ack. I can't play too much. Storm last night caused major havoc and delays today (it was a real beauty) so I have to get all my work crammed into shorter period of time. No luxury of office-Werewolf today.

Not that it matters too much: I can see no argument for not lynching Aganzir today and so I can look over things more carefully in the night.

I'll be back to vote, don't worry.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #687
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

So everyone is voting the same person? How boring. Meh.... everyone else is doing it....

++Agan

Die with honor, milady. If anyone is ready for death, I'm sure it's you, for your motto has always been "Be Prepared". Plus, you've ever known how the "Circle of Life" works.

And now Fea and I will perform "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #688
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

++AGANZIR
Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #689
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I need to leave for work a tad earlier then usual, so if there are no objections I'd like to start the narration now (since it's kinda obvious who it'll be) and probably put it up about 10-15 minutes early.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #690
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hello bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I don't think it should be too difficult to find the others.
I think. I trust their ability to hide perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
On page 1 in post she said she didn’t like Hansel and Gretel.
Ah it had nothing to do with my role, it's just how I am really. I hate that fairytale. Eww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Die with honor, milady. If anyone is ready for death, I'm sure it's you, for your motto has always been "Be Prepared". Plus, you've ever known how the "Circle of Life" works.
Thank you.
Will you look after my lions when I am gone?

(And wilwa, they love me absolutely and wouldn't even dream of attacking me, regardless of whether I'm in my Rumplie form or not, so don't even plan for me any eaten by lions death! )

edit: xed with wilwa. Go ahead and make it good! Remember, I am the only moral character. ;-)
Old 05-26-2009, 07:44 AM   #691
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

Gaurcrist has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Or, even if he's not tp cheating, is he another Downer's sock-puppet?
Awwwwww, you caught me. Yes, I am tp, and I admit I broke the rules, so it looks like I have to be lynched.

Last edited by Gaurcrist; 05-26-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Gaurcrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #692
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So Gaurcrist and Fea were the only people who didn't vote for me?

Aww I like you.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #693
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
You should also all remember that wilwa swore there would be no real hints in the narration.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #694
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post

(And wilwa, they love me absolutely and wouldn't even dream of attacking me, regardless of whether I'm in my Rumplie form or not, so don't even plan for me any eaten by lions death!)

edit: xed with wilwa. Go ahead and make it good! Remember, I am the only moral character.

Am I that predictable???

Sorry, already wrote it....I'll make it up to you in the final narration, your spirit can come back in some form and do something awesome.

How could I pass up a death with lions??? Narration up in too seconds, I guess it won't really be early.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #695
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
You should also all remember that wilwa swore there would be no real hints in the narration.
No real hints towards people's specific roles I believe is what I said.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #696
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
in the final narration, your spirit can come back in some form and do something awesome.
Sounds fair.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #697
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

The sun began to set. The sky turned shades of pinks and orange. It was still a lovely day despite all the dying that was going on. There was some confusion, no one knew whether to believe Mira and Izzy or to believe Fea, but one thing they had agreed on was to lynch Agan.

"Hmm, so how should we do this?" Gaurcrist asked.

"Well, maybe we should let her giant lions take care of her!" Lari suggested, looking over at Agan's back yard. There was a large arena with 3 huge lions walking about.

"Hahaha, my lions love me, they would never hurt me!" Agan cried out trying to sound confident, but there was a tiny hint of fear in her voice.

"Well, they will if you're not the real Agan!" McCaber said, pointing a finger at her.

So they agreed and led Agan towards her own back yard. Phantom took the time to grab a long link of sausages and let them fall around her neck. "Just to make sure they're interested" he clarified when he got a few strange looks. They brought her closer and shoved her in, quickly closing the door bhind her. They all stood back and watched.

"It's ok kitties, I'm your master, you know me, don't hurt me please." Agan whispered to the lions, trying to stay calm. The three felines eyed her suspiciously but started to purr. She was their master after all. They drew closer to her and even ignored the sausage, starting to snuggle close to her. But the night was coming and the first thing that changed before her appearance would be her scent. The lions took a few sniffs and suddenly didn't recognise it any more, this scent was fowl, not their master. They eyed her suspiciously, looked at each other, and then they pounced.

There was a large mix of noise, some screaming mixed in with the snarling. The villagers all crouched behing the fence, only listening, too afraid to look. Then it grew quite.

One by one they peaked over the fence and looked in. It was quite a mess, and the cats were still chomping down on a few peices. But it became pretty obvious; that leg over there was way too short, and that arm over there looked more like a man's. She had indeed been Rumpelstiltskin.

They all began walking home, quite happy that they were finally making some progress. The three remaining baddies walked towards their usual meeting spot, slowly changing back to their real selves. They were one down, but they were not going to give up.

The dead:
Nienna - hung Day 1 - ordinary villager
Lommy – mauled Night 2 – ordinary villager
Mith - lynched Day 2 - Fair Maiden
Boro88 – yum, frog legs Night 3 – Frog-Prince
Sally – died of shear sorrow Night 3 - Princess
Shasta - shot by arrows Day 3 - ordinary villager
Gwath – defeated Night 4 – Prince Charming
Greenie – chopped up by the Robber Bridegroom middle of Day 4 - Cinderella
Aganzir - eaten by the kitties Day 4 - Rumpelstiltskin

The living:
Nerwen - bookmaker
Eomer - gravedigger
McCaber - humble shopkeeper
Izzy - baker
Mira - apothocary
Gaurcrist - blacksmith
Kath - restaurant owner
Inziladun - shruberrer's apprentice
Fea - Storyteller
Lari - fortune teller
the phantom - the crazy book liberator

It is now Night 5. No more posting. Names please.

P.S. Sorry Agan! Don't have time for a re-write. I'll make it up to you.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #698
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
No real hints towards people's specific roles I believe is what I said.
You know, it's way uncool when the mod thwarts somebody's hard work for no good reason.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #699
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

It was a dark night, darker than most, with barely any stars. The Big Bad Wolf walked first into the Old Witch’s little home and was then followed by the Ugly Stepsister. They sat there for a time, just staring at each other in shock.

“Well, at least it wasn’t me.” The Stepsister said selfishly, looking away and fixing the black ribbon in her hair. “We’ve had our moments of silence for the little cretin. Can we get on with it now?”

“Yes. We can.” The Old Witch said as she stopped pacing and sat down as well. “Who shall it be?”

“Well, I think it’s pretty obvious.” The Big Bad Wolf snarled. He looked at the Ugly Stepsister and asked slyly “Would you like to do the honours tonight?”

She sat there with a small smile on her face and adjusted her ribbon once again. “Happily.” She said before stepping out of the little home and into the night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Fairy Godmother sat in her treetop once again, snacking on some small pastries. She was reading a letter given to her by the wielder of the looking glass and was writing two copies of a reply. She was very hopeful, for not only had they gotten their first evil doer, but she and the wielder had a new ally in the Huntsman. Things were finally looking as if they could go well. Suddenly she heard some rustling in the bushes below, and she knew what was coming. She used her magic to send off the two finished letters. Then she waited.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The villagers awoke to the first gloomy morning in a long time. They all gathered yet again in the town square, all knowing that something quite terrible must have happened that night. After a quick glance it became obvious who was missing.

They began walking around checking the usual spots. This missing villager was nowhere to be seen. They kept walking and searching. Then finally someone spotted something.

“Look! There’s someone up in that old tree.” Inziladun pointed as the rest of the village gathered around him. They took a closer look and it became obvious it was who they were looking for. For a few minutes they thought perhaps she was just sleeping, but then they saw the bluish tint of her skin. They looked over her, trying to figure out how she had died.

“That ribbon, around her neck.” Lari pointed out. “It must have been used to strangle her.”

The villagers nodded and were about to leave when they spotted a scrap of paper on the ground. Kath picked it up and looked closely. “All I can read is Dear Fairy Godmother.”

They all gasped. This had been the one who had sent them that letter with Wilwarin that first day. The one who had been trying to protect them. They all took one final glance at her and then finally turned to leave. The relief from their previous Day’s victory was gone.

Eomer stayed behind once again with his handy shovel. “Poor Izzy.” He said before getting to work.

The dead:
Nienna - hung Day 1 - ordinary villager
Lommy – mauled Night 2 – ordinary villager
Mith - lynched Day 2 - Fair Maiden
Boro88 – yum, frog legs Night 3 – Frog-Prince
Sally – died of shear sorrow Night 3 - Princess
Shasta - shot by arrows Day 3 - ordinary villager
Gwath – defeated Night 4 – Prince Charming
Greenie – chopped up by the Robber Bridegroom middle of Day 4 - Cinderella
Aganzir - eaten by the kitties Day 4 – Rumpelstiltskin
Izzy – strangled Night 5 – Fairy Godmother

The living:
Nerwen - bookmaker
Eomer - gravedigger
McCaber - humble shopkeeper
Mira - apothocary
Gaurcrist - blacksmith
Kath - restaurant owner
Inziladun - shruberrer's apprentice
Fea - Storyteller
Lari - fortune teller
the phantom - the crazy book liberator

Now Day 5. You may discuss.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #700
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Should be an easy one today.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #701
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Should be an easy one today.
I should say so. Feawolf made a good try with the 'I'm the real seer' bit, but neglected to pay attention to detail. A small oversight, but it proved fatal. Small oversights often do.
At least there is now no doubt of Mira's credibility.
I hope her latest dream is a good one. We're finally making some headway.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #702
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
A small oversight, but it proved fatal. Small oversights often do.
Late nights and whiskey apparently destroy my usual thoroughness. A silly mistake.

But no worries. You have your Hunter, little Seer, but nobody to save you when they kill you tonight. Too bad you didn't dream of one more wolf. Now the very, very foolish village is all on its lonesome.

Bookmaker, where are you? I want to make some bets.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #703
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Votes yesterday (entirely uninteresting)

Gaurcrist for the phantom
Fea for Aganzir
McCaber for Aganzir
Mirandir for Aganzir
Aganzir for Izzy
Kath for Aganzir
Izzy for Aganzir
Inziladun for Aganzir
Fea --Aganzir and ++Izzy
Nerwen for Aganzir
Larien for Aganzir
tp for Aganzir
Eomer for Aganzir

But let's have a look at the older votes now that we have all sorts of information.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #704
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield That cruel, de-fanged Fea...

Votes Boromir (known innocent)

Likes 'whiskey' (whatever that is) and 'carefully chosen undergarments' - attention-seeker (and receiver).

Misses vote

Votes Izzy on Day 3, along with a list of thoughts (#499) Not sure if I can make anything of this list.

Turns on Aganzir (and votes her) but tries to set-up Izzy.

Claims phantom is the RB, while still claiming to be the seer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a whole lot to go on, really. Could others please look at post #499 and see if anything hits them?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #705
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I suppose I shall start off the bandwagon. As if there was any doubt now,

++Fea

So we'll be down one wolf and one seer, and we're on our own for the last two. Ouch.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #706
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Could others please look at post #499 and see if anything hits them?
I did, but it looks like she's trying to say as little as possible.

She says nothing definite at all about me, Kath, the phantom, Gaurcrist or Inziladun– literally nothing about Kath– unless you count her speculating that she was getting my posts confused with Izzy's and that I, not Izzy, was "the one that's been acting off her rocker".

And then (leaving aside people with known roles):

Quote:
Caber - I've seen some of his votes look dodgy.

Eomer - Welcome back, brash darling. But I still want to know why Mith was so confident in you and so against Shasta. Apart from Shasta looking dodgy, I mean...

Lari - Ill. And since I have to bring her poor illness home after a long flight, I'll be nice to her. Besides: she hasn't done anything to make me feel like I need to lynch her anyway. She comes across as totally innocent (if not unGifted).
So we've got suspicion of McCaber, approval of Lari, suspicion-tinged approval for Eomer, and basically nothing to say about the rest.

Fea seems way too nice about Lari (who voted her for no reason, after all). But she could just have been trying to butter an innocent up.

So, not all that helpful. I don't really know what categories she would have filed the remaining wolves under– it's not like there's a rule.

EIDT:fixed quotes.
EDIT2:and punctuation.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-27-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #707
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway–

++Fea.

Goodnight.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #708
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Not a whole lot to go on, really. Could others please look at post #499 and see if anything hits them?
Hmm.

She casts a bit of suspicion on Cab, saying his votes are 'dodgy'.

Asks Eomer why Mith trusted him. I still haven't figured that out.

Dismisses Gaur as a 'new kid'.

Said she forgot about Greenie totally. Could be read into, but then we know Greenie was innocent.

She wanted to know why Gwath was on about Agan. Fishing for information so as to avoid the same mistakes?

She says Izzy is lying and wants to kill her.

Says nothing whatsover about Kath. Hmm. Just couldn't think of anything to say?

About me, she didn't say much beyond my avvie being bright. At least they didn't kill me.

Unfortunately, I don't get much out of this right now. I am a bit curious as to why she left Kath out of her analysis, while everyone else at least got a mention.

Edit- x'd with Nerwen
Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #709
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Come on, Nerwen. We want odds!

Odds Hansel selected Fea for today: 1:1

Odds Gretel selected Mira for today: 1:1

Odds Hunter is hunting Fea now: 1:1

Odds we won't lynch Fea today: 74:1

Odds the Baddies won't kill Mira tonight: 265:1

Odds Guarcrist won't vote for me again: 5:1
Old 05-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #710
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

C'mon, Gaurcrist! Vote Phantom!

I Believe in Phantom Dent!

I mean...

No, wait...

Kill Mira! Kill her!

Or maybe we should kill Legate.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #711
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Plus plus LeFenceOpening!

Plus plus LeGardenEntrance!

Plus plus LeDoor!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #712
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about voting tp again, just to be consistent, but Fea seems pretty suspicious. Well, I'll vote phantom and see if Fea gets lynched today. If she doesn't, I'll vote for her tomorrow.

++Phantom
Old 05-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #713
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'll go ahead and get this out of the way.

++ Fea
Old 05-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #714
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So, easy Day I guess.

++FEA
Old 05-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #715
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'm curious: Gaurcrist is either revealing as the RB or is wolvishly trying to mislead us, hoping we take the bait and not bother lynching him.

His behaviour is just not innocent.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #716
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I'm curious: Gaurcrist is either revealing as the RB or is wolvishly trying to mislead us, hoping we take the bait and not bother lynching him.

His behaviour is just not innocent.
I don't know what his deal is. I thought tp's early challenge to him explained what I'm seeing, but I no longer think his actions justifiable.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #717
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Didn't you know? Gaurcrist is secretly me!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #718
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Folk left (assuming the worst, that LRC is still around)

The Huntsman: (hunter)
Hansel:
Gretel:
Little Red Cap:
Big Bad Wolf:
Old Witch:
Ugly Stepsister:
Robber Bridegroom:
+ 1 Ordinary Villager

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nerwen
Eomer
McCaber
Gaurcrist
Kath
Inziladun
Fea
Lari
the phantom
Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #719
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

Quote:
Ha! As I said before, lynch me then. I'll be surprised if you do.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #720
Gaurcrist
Animated Skeleton

Quote:
Didn't you know? Gaurcrist is secretly me!
Haha! Nice one