The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #401
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Has to be known unknown surely? Some sort of assassin maybe. Assuming Agan was the Hunter. I have sleep to do now. Will return anon and hopefully an unhealthy breakfast and coffee will help.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #402
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Ouchee...that's 5 deaths in one Day/Night turn.

Agan must have been the Hunter...I'm just hoping there's a few wolves in this bloodbath over the last 24 hours.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #403
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Man, something strange must have gone down last night. Also assuming that Agan was the Hunter and brought Greenie down with her, have we heard any whispers of where the third kill came from? If we can get a better bead on which two were from wolves, it might help give us some additional leads on this mysterious third party (whom I am holding responsible for the third kill until further notice). As far as I know Kuru hasn't even told us which side they're on.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #404
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
At least, we can be certain Agan is the Hunter, and therefor hopefully her trap struck a Greeniewolf. Also, I can use this to start forming better suspicions, since over 2 days she attracted a lot of votes and perhas there's a wolf or more to spot from the Agan voters.

The other thing, I hope the Dead knows someone's role from the Nog, phantom, Rune and Greenie group. Any ideas on which of the four they would have voted to find out?

Question for Master Kuru. Do we find out too who the Dead gives an extra vote to? I didn't spot anything in last night's narration, or today's. And I thought they had enough to start voting on that too?
Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #405
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Question for Master Kuru. Do we find out too who the Dead gives an extra vote to? I didn't spot anything in last night's narration, or today's. And I thought they had enough to start voting on that too?
As of yesterDay they had a quorum, but I didn't see anything in the narrations to show who they might have voted on. And since they didn't have any additional information, they might well have decided to hold off until toDay to act.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #406
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Are we quite certain, then, that Agan was the hunter, and not one of the three dead last night?

Also, at this point there is a 8.9% likelihood that all the Dead are innocents - so a 91.1% chance at least one wolf is dead, which I guess is encouraging... (assuming a random selection of innocent/wolf kills, and assuming the hunter is definitely dead, whether it's Agan or someone else - though I'd guess the Night extra kill was due to the special role). Also, I only got a B in statistics so let's say there's an 85% chance that this is correct.

The significance of this is that if either of the wolf packs is missing members, I would think they would be getting a bit nervous/desperate (depending on how many missing members...), not knowing whether the other pack is in similar shape. Could be telling toDay (for comparison, at the start of Day 2, there was a 51% all the people killed were innocent).

A look at the voting...

Lommy, Mac, and McCaber voted for Agan twice.

Eomer and Boro were the only two to vote for both Nog and Agan. Eomer is back to being a bit suspicious to me after voting late for both Nog and Agan without a lot of pre-existing suspicion - in fact, he didn't find Agan suspicious at all. This seems like a terrible strategy for a wolf though - might as well at least act like you thought they were suspicious, right?

I still think there's a solid possibility Mac was a wolf, so I'm happy enough with whoever offed him. Wondering if we should look for candidates among those who voted for him... which I guess is just me, morm, and Nerwen. Hmmm. Not knowing where the third kill came from makes that harder.

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-05-2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Typo
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #407
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Has to be known unknown surely? Some sort of assassin maybe. Assuming Agan was the Hunter. I have sleep to do now. Will return anon and hopefully an unhealthy breakfast and coffee will help.
Yeah, I wondered about that too. If it is some assassin role. I wonder if the powers are limited to a certain number of targets or particular days...hard to tell. To McCaber's point too, without knowing for sure who were the wolves victims, the narrative doesn't appear to distinguish, it makes it a bit more challenging. I would assume that of the 3 Legate would be a relatively safe pick to be one of the wolf kills as he seemed fairly innocent and thoughtful. To that end, Rkae also seemed rather innocent to me, although I found her exclamation asking for somebody to find her suspicious as odd and wanted clarification on that toDay.

In the narration it talked about somebody with an itch again. I believe Lal discussed that a bit yesterDay and it would seem that this is indeed a clue to the role. It makes me think the person may not realize they have a role because they don't seem to know much about the itch...just speculation and not sure how it would all tie in.

Agan voters were:
Greenie (dead—possible wolf)
Lalaith
Lommy
McCaber
Mac
(dead)
Nilp
Eomer
Boromir

Indeed there likely was at least one or two wolves in the voting mix. However, I was suspicious of Mac and he's dead so I would think he was one and there is a reasonable chance that Greenie was. It might be a bit hopeful to think that two wolves went down in the fracas but I would think at least one. If Nog was a wolf (I don't think he was) then we would have 2 or 3 down. My guess is we have 1 or 2.

Oddly, Lommy maintained her suspicion of Agan after their fight and make up.

McCaber tied the vote, if I recall and Nilp put Agan ahead.

Boromir was effectively a throw away vote at the end and to a lesser degree so was Eomer's. Eomer could have influenced the outcome somewhat by voting for Mac who had 3 but the fate was essentially decided at that point.

From the voting, excluding the dead McCaber, Nilp, Boro and Eomer look the worst. However I maintain a suspicion of Sally who didn't vote yesterday among other things from the previous days stuff. She doesn't sit right with me. I'd like to hear more from her.

x'ed with Firefoot
Old 06-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #408
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

If I had to put on my guessing hat...Rikae and Legate make the most sense as being wolf-kills. Rikae was widely accepted as an innocent (maybe gifted?), either way, she was a vocal player that was also one of the most trusted in the first couple days. Legate really started going after Greenie, last night, which caught everyone off guard. Agan, took care of Greenie, and if there's a way to discover her role soon, perhaps the wolves were gunning for the Seer.

As far as a pack-kill...Mac is the one that wouldn't make sense. He had been coming under some suspicion, and a growing uneasy feeling. I'm not sure why one of the wolf-packs would target him, unless he tipped off some gifted clue?

I sure hope this special unknown role isn't some maniac assassin. It would be nice to have a weapon against the wolves that can bite them in the night, but it would be most dreadful if it was just kind of blind night-time killer. This could be a really quick game if there's 2 wolf packs, and a blood-thirsty night maniac. It begs the question is this only a once every other night killer? Or maybe that "individual itch" in the DAY 2 narration was the hint, that the target (either Rune or the phantom) was the same, and thus only 2 kills.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #409
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Confusing stuff!

So: the Hunter. In this game, whoever is targeted by the Hunter dies - as I read the rules. So (presuming Agan was indeed the Hunter, as the narration suggests) we know nothing about Green's role?

The narration mentions a bear-trap. Were-Bear? Is this relevant? But how could a Bear kill mix from day to night like that?
Old 06-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #410
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
If I had to put on my guessing hat...Rikae and Legate make the most sense as being wolf-kills. Rikae was widely accepted as an innocent (maybe gifted?), either way, she was a vocal player that was also one of the most trusted in the first couple days. Legate really started going after Greenie, last night, which caught everyone off guard. Agan, took care of Greenie, and if there's a way to discover her role soon, perhaps the wolves were gunning for the Seer.

As far as a pack-kill...Mac is the one that wouldn't make sense. He had been coming under some suspicion, and a growing uneasy feeling. I'm not sure why one of the wolf-packs would target him, unless he tipped off some gifted clue?
This makes a lot of sense to me as well.

Quote:
I sure hope this special unknown role isn't some maniac assassin. It would be nice to have a weapon against the wolves that can bite them in the night, but it would be most dreadful if it was just kind of blind night-time killer. This could be a really quick game if there's 2 wolf packs, and a blood-thirsty night maniac. It begs the question is this only a once every other night killer? Or maybe that "individual itch" in the DAY 2 narration was the hint, that the target (either Rune or the phantom) was the same, and thus only 2 kills.
Interesting thought about Rune and phantom. No one voted for either of them on Day 1, so if that was true I think it would be untied to the vote (compared to Mac who was the number 2 vote getter). I think that what strikes me about the hint of an itch is that it's not necessarily something you're aware of - scratching can be sort of an absent-minded thing. I wonder if the bonus role person knows that they're the mystery role?

Or maybe one of the wolves just has fleas.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #411
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

The Rikae kill doesn't surprise me at all - much like the phantom, she seemed like a level-headed village leader, and, given that there are two wolf packs, it's no wonder that they've both been killed off, no matter their true identities.

The Legate kill doesn't surprise me either - I suspect he was a villain and that his wolvish adversaries thought the same.

The Mac kill is most strange. There was a lot of heat on him. Perhaps he got too near the bone?
Old 06-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #412
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Question about the Lovers (which may well have been asked already earlier in the thread before I had come to grips with the rules, but oh well):

Say we choose to lynch a revealed Lover. Then they can go get info from the Dead Thread - info on one dead player from yesterday, today's, as well as tomorrow's, then return to us the day after with what they know.

But is that dependent on the other Lover remaining alive all that time? What if the other Lover dies the next night? Is it then impossible for the first Lover to come back to the land of the living? Might be a risky plan.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:29 PM   #413
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Question about the Lovers (which may well have been asked already earlier in the thread before I had come to grips with the rules, but oh well):

Say we choose to lynch a revealed Lover. Then they can go get info from the Dead Thread - info on one dead player from yesterday, today's, as well as tomorrow's, then return to us the day after with what they know.

But is that dependent on the other Lover remaining alive all that time? What if the other Lover dies the next night? Is it then impossible for the first Lover to come back to the land of the living? Might be a risky plan.
It is an interesting thought though. If they come back regardless of the outcome of their other lover it would likely be worth it. It does take away the potential for a wolf kill but has the potential to add some substantial information which we are sorely lacking at this point.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #414
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

The Lovers are on the village's side so we should absolutely do it if it was a guarantee; problem is, it's not. There could be another four wolf kills while the Lover is collecting info from the Dead, and a fair chance that the other Lover will not still be among the living (he or she might already be gone, of course).

I'm not sure if this is the kind of rule clarification that we may ask for, though.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #415
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Actually, I think this is just answered in the rules:
Quote:
if one of them dies, and if the other lover remains alive in the Living Thread, the dead lover will spend one DAY cycle among the dead and then returns to the Living Thread for one DAY.
Italics mine.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #416
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

That's not conclusive, though, because the clause about the other Lover remaining alive is unclear - remains alive until when? I would guess it means that s/he must remain alive until the moment the first Lover can return to the Living; but it might also mean that the lynched Lover's journey between worlds can take place on the condition that the other Lover is alive when the lynching takes place - regardless of what happens afterwards.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #417
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So our options on that front are: risk a Lover revealing now when the village is as big as it's going to get for the best odds of the wolves missing the partner, hold off and see if the dead thread can get more information before revealing, or with 8 dead there's a decent chance that one of the pair is already dead and waiting to return.

In a setup like that I should think that the Lovers would try to stay as nonconnected as possible to keep the wolves from drawing potential connections between them, but also leaves us with the difficult task of trying to determine who to preserve to get that information back to us.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #418
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
That's not conclusive, though, because the clause about the other Lover remaining alive is unclear - remains alive until when? I would guess it means that s/he must remain alive until the moment the first Lover can return to the Living; but it might also mean that the lynched Lover's journey between worlds can take place on the condition that the other Lover is alive when the lynching takes place - regardless of what happens afterwards.
Oi. This time we might need those odds-crunchers.

If the Ranger is still alive and able to protect the other Lover to ensure one can return than it might be worth it. Would it be worth it right now though, is the other question? I mean the Dead would only know of one person's role at the moment.

And I think morm is on the right track with the one piece of information we do have...Agan was the Hunter, so let's turn the focus on her voters (that's really the only conclusion you can draw from the narration...I have a hard time believing Kuru would be that cruel to mislead us with the talk of traps and arrows).

I'll go and look at 3 night deaths first. See if there's anything there. You know what's kind of amusing (and sad at the same time). the phantom still has the most posts in this thread. Rikae is the next closest, but she's dead. I'm next. Doubtful, I'll surpass him tonight, since my vacation time is over and I'll be gone for much of tomorrow. Hopefully, I can be ambitious to analyze all that I want to tonight.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #419
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm not sure how I feel about the Lover sacrifice... so there are 15 of us now, with somewhere between 2 and 6 wolves still alive (probably - what happens if there is one wolf left in pack A and at Night wolf pack B kills that wolf? Do both packs get a kill still? I would guess so). If we lynched a Lover toDay, I think we have to count on at least 5 kills before that Lover comes back (two at Night, one the Day the Lover is away, and two the next Night). Worst case scenario, this actually results in a village loss (3 innocents and all 6 wolves still alive) before the Lover comes back. On the other hand, the amount of information that could be gained this way is potentially very high.

If we're going this direction though, I think the Ranger would be a far better choice than the Lover - no ties to point to another innocent that would be a target of the wolves, and no risk that the partner is killed, foiling the whole plan and wasting a lynch toDay. Plus, the Ranger becomes super-powered when s/he comes back.

I'd also really like to know about the Seer - if they're still alive, they've got 6 dreams this point - that could be useful at this point (completely game changing, actually). Depends on who the subjects of the dreams have been though, I suppose, so I suppose the Seer knows best when it's best to reveal his/herself. On the other hand, if the Seer is dead, that information would be readily available in the dead thread (the Seer no longer having reason to hide, since they can't die again), strengthening the argument for lynching the Ranger.

Maybe the Ranger or one of the Lovers is already dead though, and will come back to us tomorrow... we did just lose an awful lot of people.

I don't know. It's the sort of thing where I can't believe we're really discussing this, but we really need some solid information soon.

Speaking of the Ranger, it's possible there was supposed to be a third kill on Night 2 but the Ranger was successful.

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-05-2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: x'ed with Boro.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:26 PM   #420
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

On the one hand, I'm very hopeful that we're three or so wolves down by now.

On the other, I bet most of the Seer's dreams are spent on dead people.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #421
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:

There was an exchange between Mac and Aganzir yesterDay.
#261 She ironically thanks him for at least considering she might be gifted before voting her on Day One.
#281 He says, "I didn't consider it, I dismissed it."
#328 She says, "Well, Mac, I've also dismissed the chance of your being one, as the real Seer wouldn't dream of talking about me the way you do."
#331 He says, "If I was the Seer, I wouldn't be *almost* sure you're a wolf."

Now, if we take the events of yesterDay to mean Agan was the Hunter, which I'm inclined to do, then I'd say she was right that Mac *couldn't* have been the Seer, or he wouldn't have gone after an unknown so strongly. I don't see why this would look any different to the wolves (or special role). Therefore it seems likely whoever killed him had some other, particularly good reason for doing so. Unless someone can find a "Ranger hint" or "Lover hint" in his posting- I certainly can't- I'm going to go with the assumption that he was killed as a suspected wolf. Besides, it matches my existing bias. This in turn suggests to me that his killer was more likely to be the mysterious special role ( though this is now getting very speculative).

x'd since Eomer at #412.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #422
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Apparently I am terrible at writing Lover rules...

Perhaps an illustration will help...

NIGHT W
Lover 1 is killed
Lover 2 survives NIGHT and remains in Living Thread

DAY X
Lover 1 is in the Dead Thread and has all sorts of exciting and interesting conversations
Lover 2 is not lynched and survives DAY and remains in Living Thread

NIGHT Y
Lover 1 is in Dead Thread getting the maximum amount of information up until the time the DAY Z narration is posted

DAY Z
LO! Lover 1 is resurrected and has all sorts of delicious info!
Lover 2 is overjoyed!

NIGHT ZZZZZZZZ
Lover 1 dies again and returns to the Dead Thread
Lover 2 is sad but remains in the Living Thread

If Lover 2 is lynched on DAY X or killed during NIGHT Y then both Lovers remain in the Dead Thread and the Living Thread gets no information.

I hope that clarifies.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #423
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Perhaps an illustration will help...

NIGHT W
Lover 1 is killed

DAY X
Lover 1 is in the Dead Thread and has all sorts of exciting and interesting conversations
Lover 2 is not lynched and survives DAY and remains in Living Thread

NIGHT Y
Lover 1 is in Dead Thread getting the maximum amount of information up until the time the DAY Z narration is posted

DAY Z
LO! Lover 1 is resurrected and has all sorts of delicious info!
Lover 2 is overjoyed!

NIGHT ZZZZZZZZ
Lover 1 dies again and returns to the Dead Thread
Lover 2 is sad but remains in the Living Thread

If Lover 2 is lynched on DAY X or killed during NIGHT Y then both Lovers remain in the Dead Thread and the Living Thread gets no information.

I hope that clarifies.
Honestly, I'm a little more confused now than I was initially, at least in a way.

Say a lover is lynched toDay. Her beloved must survive the Night, the next Day, and the next Night as well in order for her to return? Is that correct?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #424
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf

So, no bonus votes were given out yesterDAY, huh?

And any plan of co-ordinating the information exchange with the Dead thread? Assuming they believe Agan is the Hunter, then there are only 4 possible scry targets:

Nogrod
the phantom
A Little Green
Rune Son of Bjarne

I believe there's a small chance of Rune getting scried (unless something really interesting happened), but let's count him in just to be safe.

There are two possible results per person, so unless a higher mathematical power contradicts me, we need eight different ways for them to convey any of the possible data points they have.

(At some point we will have less extra-vote getters than possibilities, not to mention the chance of a Seer being Dead and doing revealing things in the thread, but for the moment we have enough for them to convey their information as completely as possible. We can trim down this method in future DAYs.)

(And I do hope the Lovers and the Ranger are still alive.)
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #425
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
If we're going this direction though, I think the Ranger would be a far better choice than the Lover - no ties to point to another innocent that would be a target of the wolves, and no risk that the partner is killed, foiling the whole plan and wasting a lynch toDay. Plus, the Ranger becomes super-powered when s/he comes back.

I'd also really like to know about the Seer - if they're still alive, they've got 6 dreams this point - that could be useful at this point (completely game changing, actually). Depends on who the subjects of the dreams have been though, I suppose, so I suppose the Seer knows best when it's best to reveal his/herself. On the other hand, if the Seer is dead, that information would be readily available in the dead thread (the Seer no longer having reason to hide, since they can't die again), strengthening the argument for lynching the Ranger.
But the Ranger does not become "super-powered". He (or she) merely gets an extra protection to compensate for being exposed:
Quote:
Ranger - Like the lovers, if killed the Ranger will spend one DAY cycle in the Dead Thread and then return to the Living Thread the next DAY. The Ranger has one protection initially. If the Ranger dies and is resurrected, the Ranger then has two protections. The Ranger can self-protect but cannot protect a person twice in a row. The Ranger cannot protect someone from being lynched, nor can the Ranger protect someone from a Hunter kill.
Edit:x'd since our mod.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #426
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Honestly, I'm a little more confused now than I was initially, at least in a way.

Say a lover is lynched toDay. Her beloved must survive the Night, the next Day, and the next Night as well in order for her to return? Is that correct?
From what I can tell: a lover is lynched at the start of a Night. The partner then survives until the start of the next Day and is not lynched. At the start of that Night, the first lover comes back.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:34 PM   #427
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

So the question then becomes, of our dead, who's good and who's bad. The list is:

Nogrod (lynched) - no idea of role
the phantom (killed by wolves) - seemed innocent to me, but who knows?
Rune Son of Bjarne (killed by wolves) - not sure
Aganzir (lynched) - Hunter?
A Little Green (taken out with Agan) - never seemed that suspicious to me
Macalaure (killed by ?) - would be my top pick for a wolf in this group
Rikae (killed by wolves?) - I thought innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc (killed by wolves?) - not sure

It seems likely to me that Rikae and phantom were killed by one pack and Rune and Legate by the other, in that the pairs can be categorized similarly - Rikae and phantom both being quite vocal and widely unsuspected, while Rune and Legate both seem to play a hazier role (Legate was generally not considered suspicious, I believe?). Might be worth taking a look at who Legate and Rikae suspected yesterDay - I would be pretty nervous at this point if I was a wolf and the seer was still running around, so that's who I would think they were going for.

Rikae's strongest suspicion seemed to be Lottie. She voted for Greenie. Day 1 she voted for Lommy and discussed continuing suspicion of her early in Day 2, but by the end of Day 2 Lommy no longer seemed under consideration for votes. She seemed to find Nog, Form, Agan, Mac, and I (late in the Day, changing her mind) probably innocent.

Since Legate posted his list very clearly, I'll copy it here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
GREEN ZONE
Nerwen - no change from yesterDay, reasonable, no trouble and all
Lommy - more or less likewise
Mith - certainly no Wolfy vibes, seems like her innocent self

YELLOW ZONE
Macalaure - see the end of my post above, also his vote yesterDay was of the type easily cast by a Wolf (of course if we knew the roles of the lynchees, it would be easier to make more conclusions based on this, e.g. if that was a save attempt or whatever. But it was a bandwagon in any case and Mac was in the thick of it.)
Rikae - kind of a similar case, has certainly commited and reasonable posts; it is true she could totally be following some very well-thought sneaky hidden agenda with them. But I do not have enough that would make me cast a vote for her so far.
Lalaith - toDay pretty decent, and the point about the possible mention of a hidden role was good; of course a Wolf could try to ask info from the village as well, but still, makes me think better of her
Morm - there was the last post, but otherwise seems fairly good and reasonable and all
McCaber - mostly it's about the vote: he is the same case as Mac, a vote placement that would be typical for a Wolf on a wagon.
Nilp - I still have the "fishy-fishy" feel from his posts, but it really isn't anything concrete.
Sally - I don't find her suspicious, the stuff morm also pointed out was weird, but not necessarily suspicious in my opinion.
shasta - at times there's been a bit of "meh", but generally not Wolfy-looking.
Form - I have been convinced by the idea that a Wolf wouldn't self-vote, although I am kind of beginning to waver, also with the possibilities that the following wagons were attempt to save him. I am still not very sure I believe that would be the way for the Wolves to behave, though. In any case, I need to Form a better opinion on him (ho, ho, ho).
Eomer - I need to Eomer a better opinion on him (*embarassed cough*). There is just quite little for me to go with.

ORANGE ZONE
Boro - I don't know. He is behaving very... unconspicuously in this game? A bit too noncommital, which worries me.
Firefoot - see also my post above. Could just as well be in the yellow zone though, it is more a matter of distinction, I think it would be nice to reread the posts etc to get better opinion, but that's about it.
Loslote - I didn't like the sorta defensive attitude adopted in her reaction to morm's reaction to sally.
Aganzir - I am wary of her, but to be honest not to any large extent. It is also partly the traditional anti-Aganzir precaution, because every time I give her a pass, then she is guilty. But just for the record, if one of the packs has her and Greenie, then shame on you, Kuru, because that's like the oldest pack in the book. (If it was her and Lommy yesterDay doing a wolf-on-wolf show, though, then that's at least new trick in the book.)

RED ZONE
Curiously enough it seems the only file in this zone seems to be A Little Green, as I stated above: the very happy, nice attitude, combined with noncommital posts which at the same time include subtle nudges a la "the exchange between sally and morm is suspicious, just so that you know, village, but I didn't say anything".

GREY ZONE aka effective no-shows
Gwath
Kath
He seems like an unlikely seer candidate based on this. The people in his Green Zone, where I would expect a seer to put innocents they dreamed about, seem like unlikely targets for a dream. Similarly, I might expect him to argue more strongly about someone if he'd dreamed of them as a wolf (unless Greenie was a wolf, which is certainly possible even though I don't feel that suspcious). Unless he was trying to be subtle, in which case I have no idea who he was trying to hint at.

I don't know - neither Rikae nor Legate seems like a great seer candidate to me.

If Mac was a wolf, as I suspect, I wonder which two victims were the targets of his pack (if this line of reasoning is even useful)?

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-05-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: x'ed since Nerwen #421
Old 06-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #428
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #429
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
And any plan of co-ordinating the information exchange with the Dead thread? Assuming they believe Agan is the Hunter, then there are only 4 possible scry targets:

Nogrod
the phantom
A Little Green
Rune Son of Bjarne

I believe there's a small chance of Rune getting scried (unless something really interesting happened), but let's count him in just to be safe.

There are two possible results per person, so unless a higher mathematical power contradicts me, we need eight different ways for them to convey any of the possible data points they have.
So you're suggesting something along the lines of, "if Nogrod is innocent, double x person's vote, if he's not, double y person's vote, etc."? This seems reasonable to me, in that it would be a way to get a very clear message across, and would limit the discussion tomorrow about what they were trying to imply. On the other hand, it does limit them. There's a reasonable chance that the seer is dead (40% ish) - what if they'd rather send a message about someone who's still alive? Then again, as soon as they give us a known innocent, I feel like they become a wolf target - then again, what if both packs then attack the same person? What if neither does, hoping the other will? Or the Ranger protects that person? So it wouldn't be a totally bad thing, I guess. I can go along with either strategy - giving the Dead clear guidelines, or letting them give information as they want to.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #430
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ignore my previous post, word of Mod says I was wrong.

Quote:
So you're suggesting something along the lines of, "if Nogrod is innocent, double x person's vote, if he's not, double y person's vote, etc."? This seems reasonable to me, in that it would be a way to get a very clear message across, and would limit the discussion tomorrow about what they were trying to imply. On the other hand, it does limit them. There's a reasonable chance that the seer is dead (40% ish) - what if they'd rather send a message about someone who's still alive? Then again, as soon as they give us a known innocent, I feel like they become a wolf target - then again, what if both packs then attack the same person? What if neither does, hoping the other will? Or the Ranger protects that person? So it wouldn't be a totally bad thing, I guess. I can go along with either strategy - giving the Dead clear guidelines, or letting them give information as they want to.
The easiest way for the dead to send a message would be that if Nogrod was guilty, double someone who voted for him. If was innocent, double someone who voted against him. Which is basically what phantom's plan was way back in Day 1.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #431
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
On the one hand, I'm very hopeful that we're three or so wolves down by now.

On the other, I bet most of the Seer's dreams are spent on dead people.
Ok, den-dweller , any particular reason you think we've already got a few wolves...and thus contemplate spending one of our lynch chances that can be used to get a wolf on one of the lovers?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #432
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Ignore my previous post, wo
The easiest way for the dead to send a message would be that if Nogrod was guilty, double someone who voted for him. If was innocent, double someone who voted against him. Which is basically what phantom's plan was way back in Day 1.
But not all of the dead who might have been scried have received votes - then they would have no fixed way to tell us about them. No one voted for phantom or Rune.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #433
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
So the question then becomes, of our dead, who's good and who's bad. The list is:

Nogrod (lynched) - no idea of role
the phantom (killed by wolves) - seemed innocent to me, but who knows?
Rune Son of Bjarne (killed by wolves) - not sure
Aganzir (lynched) - Hunter?
A Little Green (taken out with Agan) - never seemed that suspicious to me
Macalaure (killed by ?) - would be my top pick for a wolf in this group
Rikae (killed by wolves?) - I thought innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc (killed by wolves?) - not sure

It seems likely to me that Rikae and phantom were killed by one pack and Rune and Legate by the other, in that the pairs can be categorized similarly - Rikae and phantom both being quite vocal and widely unsuspected, while Rune and Legate both seem to play a hazier role (Legate was generally not considered suspicious, I believe?). Might be worth taking a look at who Legate and Rikae suspected yesterDay - I would be pretty nervous at this point if I was a wolf and the seer was still running around, so that's who I would think they were going for.

Rikae's strongest suspicion seemed to be Lottie. She voted for Greenie. Day 1 she voted for Lommy and discussed continuing suspicion of her early in Day 2, but by the end of Day 2 Lommy no longer seemed under consideration for votes. She seemed to find Nog, Form, Agan, Mac, and I (late in the Day, changing her mind) probably innocent.

(…)

The people in his Legate’s] Green Zone, where I would expect a seer to put innocents they dreamed about, seem like unlikely targets for a dream. Similarly, I might expect him to argue more strongly about someone if he'd dreamed of them as a wolf (unless Greenie was a wolf, which is certainly possible even though I don't feel that suspcious). Unless he was trying to be subtle, in which case I have no idea who he was trying to hint at.

I don't know - neither Rikae nor Legate seems like a great seer candidate to me.
“If he’d dreamed of them as a wolf?” ??? What were you trying to say there?

Anyway, I’m not sure I agree with you about Legate's “Green Zone”– the Seer’s Night One dream (or dreams, in this case) have to be either random or based on general principles (e.g. a player regarded as “scary” or “confusing”), and Lommy had anyway been in the middle of a controversy on Day One.

Why don’t you think Rikae was a likely candidate?

Quote:
If Mac was a wolf, as I suspect, I wonder which two victims were the targets of his pack (if this line of reasoning is even useful)?
It may well be… I’ll think about it.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #434
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye

the phantom and Rikae are in the Dead thread. I'm sure they'd go along with it. (I hope.)

As for the possible Seer death, I did take that into account, but the possibilities involved with that is clearly beyond the binary way of transferring information that they have right now. We'll just have to *gulp* trust the resurrecting roles for those (assuming they aren't Dead yet and are already rowing back to the Living.)

Now, do we set an artificial deadline (hehe) for our voting, to allow us to co-ordinate this in such a way that won't interfere with the result? The Europe-based people would probably prefer that (?), and the deadline doesn't matter for me.

Thoughts, villagers?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:15 PM   #435
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
So, no bonus votes were given out yesterDAY, huh?

Nogrod
the phantom
A Little Green
Rune Son of Bjarne

(At some point we will have less extra-vote getters than possibilities, not to mention the chance of a Seer being Dead and doing revealing things in the thread, but for the moment we have enough for them to convey their information as completely as possible. We can trim down this method in future DAYs.)

(And I do hope the Lovers and the Ranger are still alive.)
We can’t ask about *all* the Dead. We need to pick one, or at most two, people at a time and have some way for the Dead to indicate they *haven’t* checked our selection. I think the first thing is to decide whose alignment we most want to know, and work from there.

EDIT:X’d with Nilp.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #436
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
We can’t ask about *all* the Dead. We need to pick one, or at most two, people at a time and have some way for the Dead to indicate they *haven’t* checked our selection. I think the first thing is to decide whose alignment we most want to know, and work from there.

EDIT:X’d with Nilp.
This is true. Out of all of the dead that the thread will have had time to scry, Greenie is the one that I would want to know, with Nog a distant second.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #437
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
the phantom and Rikae are in the Dead thread. I'm sure they'd go along with it. (I hope.)

As for the possible Seer death, I did take that into account, but the possibilities involved with that is clearly beyond the binary way of transferring information that they have right now. We'll just have to *gulp* trust the resurrecting roles for those (assuming they aren't Dead yet and are already rowing back to the Living.)

Now, do we set an artificial deadline (hehe) for our voting, to allow us to co-ordinate this in such a way that won't interfere with the result? The Europe-based people would probably prefer that (?), and the deadline doesn't matter for me.

Thoughts, villagers?
How about two hours before the real DL? Would that give them enough time? Most of them *are* Europeans, though…

EDIT:x’d with McCaber.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #438
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Narya

I'm organizing some conclusions based on the kills/lynches we've seen thus far. It's not a lot, but it's something.

Roles we know
Agan was the hunter and chose Greenie on the Day she was killed
One of Mac, Rikae, and Legate was (most likely) the special role

Roles we can eliminate (i.e. the person cannot be a certain role)
Nog was not the ranger or a lover
Phantom was not the ranger or a lover
Rune was not the ranger or a lover

Pack connections we can assume
Phantom and Rune cannot be in the same wolf pack
Mac, Rike, and Legate cannot be in the same wolf pack

I have one more to add, but I need to finish something first. I'll make that a separate post.

x'd with a host
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #439
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Roles we can eliminate (i.e. the person cannot be a certain role)
Nog was not the ranger or a lover
Phantom was not the ranger or a lover
Rune was not the ranger or a lover
Unless both the lovers are dead, in which case if Nog is a lover than so is either phantom, Rune, or Greenie. If Nog wasn't a lover, than any two of the others could be the pair.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #440
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I'm organizing some conclusions based on the kills/lynches we've seen thus far. It's not a lot, but it's something.

Roles we know
Agan was the hunter and chose Greenie on the Day she was killed
One of Mac, Rikae, and Legate was (most likely) the special role
Why? You think the special rôle is a second (presumably modified) Hunter? Or a sort of zombie Assassin? Or what?