The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2007, 03:24 AM   #12641
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Secrets of Middle-earth #731

Just as Tolkien was about to correct the ambiguous description of the Balrog, the Visitor from Porlock called round with his new Box Brownie.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:35 AM   #12642
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Guy: Professor, Tolkien is it? We're here about the unpaid publishing bills-

JRRT: Go back to the nothingness that awaits you and your dark master!!

OR

JRRT: Blah, this romance stuff is killing me. Maybe I'll just chuck something together with dwarves...
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #12643
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Sorry Lal and Hookbill

Would you dare to tell this man that a Balrog flew of with your homework?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 AM   #12644
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Would you dare to tell this man that a wingless balrog had flown away with your metaphorical homework?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #12645
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Tolkien (to self): "Hee hee! Years from now scholars will scuttle with magnifying glasses over this picture like ants at a picnic trying to read the titles on the book spines. Little will they realise I've confusticated them with false covers."
Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #12646
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Continuing along the same lines as Brinn...

Tolkien (to an over-eager fan): "Don't come any closer or I'll stab my leg with this pen!"
Fan: *runs away*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #12647
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien: Okay, one more Gandalf uncloaking joke and he'll be out of the book.

or

Tolkien: Alright, who put the tack on my chair?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #12648
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Frodo, decrepit and balding after only a week in the undying lands, realizes too late the truth of what the men of Numenor were told about the Blessed Realm -- that they would only "wither and grow weary the sooner".
Old 07-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #12649
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Does Tolkien have wings?

Nature documentary narrator: And here we have a fine example of the Professoris Supremis. Note the pen in his hand, and the reams of paper before him. Watch as he uses his pen to write upon the paper - oh my, he is gesturing it at us. Could it be some sort of before unseen territorial ritual? My my, see how angry he gets! And now he...my goodness, he's on fire?? OH NO, HE'S GOT WINGS! AAAR*dies*

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #12650
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
"Hi, I'm John Tolkien. There's nothing I like better than sitting at my desk and writing stories, but after a long day of answering fan mail and beating back rabid fantasy nutcases I don't have anything left. That's why I drink Red Balrog -- it gives you wings!"
Old 07-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #12651
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Now, lets see what Lewis has been writing about me... pale? little chap? the? I'll give him a smack or so... Oh, hello Lewis... Erm... Do you want a Jelly Baby?

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 07-12-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #12652
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
After getting his hands on the Time Machine, Legate decided to visit the Professor at the time he was writing LotR.
Tolkien: Hello. Sit down. I'm about to finish.
Legate: Wow! I'm indeed going to witness this glorious moment!
Tolkien: "...and thus, before Sam could come to his aid, Gollum strangled Frodo and ruled the Middle-Earth ever after."
Legate: Noooo!!!

OR

Harry Potter: Um - where is Professor Dumbledore?

OR

Tolkien: If I hear one more joke about uncloaking, winged or wingless balrogs or Telerian version of Celeborn's name, I will stop writing and you Downers may just disperse to the forums about Beverly Hills 90210!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #12653
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Secrets of Middle-earth Number 421

The Professor decided to pass the time by picking up his pen and doing a bit of writing. "In a hole in the ground..." he wrote. Well, it was as good a way as any to pass the time until Christmas and the next episode of Doctor Who.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #12654
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Tolkien: Confusticate and bebother that Lewis, he's put Super-glue on my seat again! I should have stayed at Leeds.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #12655
shieldmaiden4xsword
Wight

Location: where people stick out their tongues at their youth pastor....
shieldmaiden4xsword has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to shieldmaiden4xsword Send a message via Yahoo to shieldmaiden4xsword
JRRT, caught by surprise when he was writing, slams his hand down on the page and turns with a fixed smile on his face.

JRRT: No, you can't see what I've written. *blushes*
shieldmaiden4xsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #12656
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldmaiden4xsword View Post
JRRT, caught by surprise when he was writing, slams his hand down on the page and turns with a fixed smile on his face.

JRRT: No, you can't see what I've written. *blushes*
Tolkien: And to think that I was going to have that part published... Well, that's that for the extended Beren and Luthien story...
Old 07-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #12657
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

The Professor: "If you want to know what happens to Harry then I'm afraid you've not only got the wrong address but the wrong year, Doctor."
Old 07-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #12658
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Tolkien: Ah! You must be here for the new picture, eh?

I'm not sure if we've done this one... I can't seem to find it looking back... Lets go for it...

Turin: HAY! ... ... I can see my house from here!

OR

The others discuss weather or not it would be a 'hilarious' practical joke if they pushed Turin down.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #12659
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Turin: They can take our shiny clothes, but they will never take our shiny helmets!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #12660
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
Dealing with Depression: Elf Edition's tip #37: Being social is the first step towards acceptance.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
ninja91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 AM   #12661
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Turin chases his Quarry.

At his new job at The Doriath Diggings, Turin ponders why they gave him a sword and not a pick or pneumatic drill to attack the rocks with.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:45 AM   #12662
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Túrin uses high ground and guerilla tactic to waylay some Orcs.

(I was just listening to Led Zeppelin "Houses of the Holy")

Túrin:
"There's an angel on my shoulder,
there's a dragon on my head,
I will roll on you that boulder,
and you filth will all be dead, nah nah..."
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:17 AM   #12663
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Turin is angry because the bad weather ruined his plans for a picnic together with the outlaws.

Turin: C'mon boys, maybe another time.
Outlaws: Awww....
Old 07-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #12664
Volo

Turin's new camouflage didn't exactly match with the scenery. Well, then again, he did think that he would lead his army straight into Angband and mimic a pillar with a golden ornament on it. It would have been better for Turin to stay a pessimist.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #12665
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Turin was up at the crack of dawn on the 21st waiting for the postman to bring the new Harry Potter book.

OR

How one man went to extreme measures to avoid hearing any spoilers about the final Harry Potter book.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #12666
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

It was set to be his best April Fool's prank ever! Turin waited for the right moment to pull the leaver to open the trap door beneath his comrades. They couldn't not love him after this, so he thought.

OR

At last, after 57 attempts, Turin had struck that pose without stabbing himself in the foot.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #12667
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Turin ponders why the eagles don't come any more.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #12668
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Túrin: "Oh my God! Why don't you take this cup from me now?"

Túrin had promised them a paradise, a land of their own... just if they'd overcome this one mountain more (metaphorically = beaten this one more enemy of Morgoth the Evil before the everlasting peace and quiet).

"The moon my Lord? What sort of paradise is that?"

*Oh, we weren't in this world*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #12669
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Here stands the legendary Wierd-Helmeted, One-Legged Turin
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #12670
Volo

It sure is good to be the one in command. While his brave men are in deadly combat with the Orcs, Turin enjoys the scenery. Though it is, after all, a bit annoying that your servants take so long making your afternoon tea.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #12671
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Turin made his men wait for hours as he refused to admit that the sword was stuck in the rock.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #12672
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
Turin ponders why the eagles don't come any more.
He later discovered that they were all at Hotel California.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #12673
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Turin the one-legged soldier
Had to lean upon his blade --
No Elf or dwarf could help him
(as prosthetics were not yet made).

All of the other soldiers
Used to laugh and call him names.
They wouldn't let poor Turin
Play in any warrior games.

Then one day in Doriath
Thingol came to say,
"Melian with your girdle tight,
Oh please help Turin stand up right."

Then all the soldiers loved him
As they watched him marching off with glee.
"Now that Turin can go fight Glaurung,
We will not be history!"

Last edited by Morthoron; 07-22-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #12674
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

The outlaws soon found out that Turin was an exelent weather vane.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 AM   #12675
FeRaL sHaDoW
Wight

FeRaL sHaDoW has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to FeRaL sHaDoW
Turin rides to war on his rock.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #12676
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeRaL sHaDoW View Post
Turin rides to war on his rock.
--The first stages of the rock-et by Funnyman Li
Old 07-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #12677
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Turin looks past the horizon: "What astrange dark Wizard, who might he be?"
Old 07-25-2007, 04:01 AM   #12678
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Turin: (with blank eyes) Exterminate! Exterminate!

OR

Ooh look, something shiny! *falling* AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHH ... - Hey, I'm ok! *sword falls on head*
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #12679
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Turin amazes all at Calvin Klein when striking his full line of outlaw-abroad clothing and accessories...

Chief Photographer: It's divine!

Turin: *Sigh* Who needs Amon Rûdh after these profits...

Stray outlaw: I dunno about you, but I feel so used!

~Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #12680
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Turin sadly: Now because of that Harry Potter guy nobody wants to read about my life anymore...
Outlaws in the background: Do you think Voldemort dies?