The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #481
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Gwath, amazing debut -- you really had me worried toward the end there that you would track down one of my comrades! I hope you'll become a WW regular.
I HATE WEREWOLVES!!!

Thank you, though.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #482
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Gwath, don't be so hard on yourself. If I were in your shoes, I have no idea what I would have done.

I did enjoy being hypocritical with Gwath and Shasta, though. That was fun.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #483
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
*Gwathagor continues to mutter and grind his teeth*

When's the next game? I want blood.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #484
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
There's something odd here. I thought Gwath's vote and mine crossed, but now that I read the thread again, I see that I posted twice after he voted

Must have been so anxious I didn't see it, somehow. Ah, well. It's been a comedy of errors all round.

Hi, Sally. Next time you find someone "furry beyond furry", maybe you'll reconsider, hmmn?

You realize the evil McCaber planted that idea about me in your head, don't you?
No, actually I thought of it myself. I was just not in the right mind at the time. Seriously, apologies to all. I'm just not of the right brain (or any brain for that matter) while I'm sick, and once I made up my mind about stuff in my ill state it stuck that way. I thought Nerwen fuzzy all the way up to the deadline because it seriously looked like she was just holding her vote to let Gwath die.

And the same to you, Nerwen, the same to you. I have big teeth, do I? Double check next time you pick on someone's dental hygeine.

Poor Gwath. Quite a terrible game to get your start on. I assure you, the next will go better. Especially if we're wolfies.

Not to be rude, but how in the devil did anyone not see Rikae as a wolf? I thought it was obvious the entire game, even before Menel's demise, and that's why I wanted to get another wolfie out of the way. Then again....I suppose the wolfsies were the main "let's ignore her" conspirators. Right little nasties.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #485
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*laughs herself into a tizzy*

Everyone look at Gwath's new location. *howls with laughter*
Old 02-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #486
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Good choice you made in killing me on Night 3, Wolves. I was going to reveal myself on Day 3, bring down Rikae, whom I had dreamed of on Night Two, and reveal my other two dreams: Nogrod (Night 1) and Sally (Night 3).

Had I not been killed, Sally wouldn't have died and maybe we would have been able to catch the other wolves.

And I notice that Nogrod picked up on the fact I'd dreamed of him on Dy One. Very good thinking, and your way of influencing the villagers was why I dreamed of you first.

The wolves did an excellent job in this game. I really think Rikae's being spotted was sheer luck on my part.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #487
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Then again....I suppose the wolfsies were the main "let's ignore her" conspirators. Right little nasties.
Um, not really - Legate and McCaber pretty much went after me all day (curse them...)

My sympathy, though, for coming up with a logical plan and being lynched for it. If everyone could have been counted on to lynch me on day 4, another lynch on day 3 wouldn't have hurt you, indeed (well, lynching Nerwen wouldn't help, but still...) In the last game, remember, Nogrod killed me for coming up with a perfectly reasonable plan to catch either a Nog-or-Lommywolf. *shrug*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #488
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Um, not really - Legate and McCaber pretty much went after me all day (curse them...)

My sympathy, though, for coming up with a logical plan and being lynched for it. If everyone could have been counted on to lynch me on day 4, another lynch on day 3 wouldn't have hurt you, indeed (well, lynching Nerwen wouldn't help, but still...) In the last game, remember, Nogrod killed me for coming up with a perfectly reasonable plan to catch either a Nog-or-Lommywolf. *shrug*

True, true. Suffice to say I'm pretty dern mad at myself. No skills this entire game, no skills.

P.S. Rikae, you're the devil.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #489
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Poor Gwath. Quite a terrible game to get your start on. I assure you, the next will go better. Especially if we're wolfies.
I don't want to be a wolf! I want to kill them! All of them!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #490
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
*backs away* Psycho....
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #491
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Wait until you've been one.

Oh well, what can I say? I knew the game was going to end this way when I heard who the wolves were. Congratulations, you deserved your victory. Half the time I was siding with you, half the time cursing that you were too good to be caught.

When I died I was so certain that Mac was a wolf. And you can imagine my surprise when Lommy and I called Greenie after the end of the first day to ask who had died. Well, I guess it was better that I was lynched before I got to be of too much help for the wolves.

Thanks to Farael and Roa for the game.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #492
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Wait until you've been one.
Indeed. It's SO much more fun than being an ordo. Although, I have yet to be a gifted on here. I'd quite like to be that next, just to see how I'd do. But no matter. *still fuming at the fuzzie wuzzies*

Oh, and Agan, I had the same train of thought. Then when Mac died I about lost it, knowing for certain that Rikae was a wolf and that Mac had gotten majorly....well, majorly ripped off, to put it politely. I felt so bad for the poor guy.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #493
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Once again, I feel really bad about messing up the timing... but maybe it wouldn't have altered the outcome. You wolves had it all tied up so well that even if we'd lynched Legate or McCaber, Shasta would have likely got it the next day anyhow.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #494
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Unless Shasta had seen the light and also voted for Legate.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #495
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Unless Shasta had seen the light and also voted for Legate.
*shrugs* Well– he'd have had to change his mind about you and me being wolves together after one of us got eaten in the night. And maybe he'd have then concluded it was neither of us.

Trouble is, it looked like McCaber and Legate just couldn't both be wolves. I'd been getting an increasingly bad feeling about Legate of Dol Guldur, but I kept telling myself, "No, it has to be McCaber."

They must have been laughing their shaggy heads off at this:

Quote:
On the face of it, Legate is the least wolfish of the four– but, even though the wolves have had more than their share of luck, I can't help fearing we may have an evil mastermind at work– and I could see Legate as fitting the bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I do agree that Legate could be our evil mastermind, but if he is, he's playing a great game
Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #496
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Indeed. It's SO much more fun than being an ordo. Although, I have yet to be a gifted on here.
After quite a long train of games I have to say that playing ordo is one of the best things that can happen to you. Well, being a cobbler kind of outranks it but after that it's my favourite being an ordo.

I had no time last I was online to thank Nerwen for her great game or to apologise to Sally... Let it be done now,

And Gwath, that was just amazing first game! I do hope to see you in the next ones! You really have talent and with playing a game or two you'll pick on the different specialities we others may come up with...

An enjoyable game this was!

And once more kudos to the wolves...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #497
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And Gwath, that was just amazing first game! I do hope to see you in the next ones! You really have talent and with playing a game or two you'll pick on the different specialities we others may come up with...
Thanks. I'll be practicing my hangman's knot. And making more silver bullets.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #498
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, that was interesting... wolves win it seems!

Now, there has been a little.... problem with the accomodations and my hotel has no Internet. I could write up a narrative right now, but I think it's better left until later when I actually have time to write something worth-while. I'll write a couple comments later, but right now I want to say

THANKS ROA

And good game to y'all (at least as far as I've read)
Old 02-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #499
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
You all may have your reckoning next time, but this Night belongs to the wolfpack.

Just thought I'd say that.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #500
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'll say.

You know, there is a thread in the Books section about whether Morgoth or Sauron was the best villain.

I think it's clear now they're both just amateurs who should move aside for the real baddies.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-18-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #501
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I had no time last I was online to thank Nerwen for her great game or to apologise to Sally... Let it be done now
Apologize? For what? No harm done dear Noggie.

Hehe poor Noggie and clan, all brutally murdered. My first reaction was "Oh, crap." And my second was, "Genocide. How lovely."

Bring it on, Cabbie. Bring it on.

*giggles* I'm still bitter that my duck was attacked. How dare you all! A poor defenseless duck, and you almost killed her! I'm happy to report, however, that Emily is feeling much better.
Funny story, actually. My friend Emily actually got sick the day that I died in the game, which she told me yesterday afternoon when we were dining. It didn't occur to me until now, but perhaps there is dark magic about us. Or really snazzy mods.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #502
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

By the way....for your amusement....here's a lovely artist rendering of my little Emily (the ducksie of course, not the person). Basically one of my colleagues got bored at work upon a lazy afternoon and drew....well, see for yourself....Sorry if it's really big.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-19-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #503
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Emily has six limbs.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:45 AM   #504
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I'll say.

You know, there is a thread in the Books section about whether Morgoth or Sauron was the best villain.

I think it's clear now they're both just amateurs who should move aside for the real baddies.
Oh, what a flattery...

Nice location, by the way.

Quote:
Emily has six limbs.
Obviously. Not that I would be that much surprised, anyway.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #505
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It has been a while since I last died early so it felt quite odd. But in a way it was good because I had an extremely busy week last week.

I got to know the wolves very soon after my death so I followed the rest of the game knowing the wolves' identities and despairing (and laughing, to be honest ) at the villagers being so totally confused and on the wrong track. Actually I started cheering loudly when Gwath started to accuse Legate on the last Day, but sadly it was too late.

And before I found out how things really were, I was quite convinced that the wolves are a rather bold trio consisting of Mac, Rikae and Gwath. Furthermoe, I feel like banging my head against the wall or something. On Day1, I kept looking at Mac and Rikae's interactions, thinking that one of them must be a wolf. When I read them properly, Rikae just looked so much worse than Mac. But I stubbornly clung to my suspicuion of Mac, thinking something like "Rikae may seem more suspicious but Mac is more suspicious" and ended up voting Mac and not voicing too much suspicion of Rikae. How can one be that stupid?

Anyway, it was a great game to read through. Rikae's crocodile's tears were kudos-worthy, Legate's innocent facade lasted unbelievanly well and McCaber is probably one of the sneakiest wolves in ww history. Congratulations, wolves, you were all awesome and deserved your victory.

Poor Menel did well and Gwath's debut was impressive. Actually, Sally, Nogrod, Nerwen, Greenie, Agan, Mac, Shasta ... well, everyone it seems... played well. It was a nice game, even though I spent most of the time just reading.

And wolvsies, if you feel like posting those PMs, please do: it's always interesting to read them.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #506
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Do you know that by the time Rikae was through with her little performance even I was starting to wonder if it had all been a terrible mistake?

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-19-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: fixed bolding
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #507
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I only just found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod, Day 3
I love you Rikae!
Strictly platonically, I should hope.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #508
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ok, I've got a question for the experienced players (i.e. everybody except me): what did I do well this game, and what can I do better next game? Got to improve my werewolf-lynching skills.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #509
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Ok, I've got a question for the experienced players (i.e. everybody except me): what did I do well this game, and what can I do better next game? Got to improve my werewolf-lynching skills.
Nothing and everything, respectively. Only backwards.

To be honest, you did REALLY well, considering it was your first game. But....well....Legate's just got mad skills (Cabbie and Rikae too of course) so you were pretty much dead from the beginning of the game. I'd just suggest you play a couple more games. You'll really get the hang of it after a game or two, speaking from the POV of someone who's only played like five games.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #510
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
In the beginning it was a bit obvious that you were still testing the waters, but later on you really grasped things. All you really need is more experience. Werewolf isn't a science. Sure, we all use tools to find wolves/trick innocents, but everyone's tool set is different. Some rely on heavy analysis, while others go more on gut feelings. Some are loud and persuasive, others are quiet and observant.

You definitely seemed more confident at the end, and really, that's all you need. I'd even say you have an advantage over many veterans here in that you can look at everyone objectively, and you haven't started thinking in circles yet.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:35 AM   #511
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
You definitely seemed more confident at the end, and really, that's all you need. I'd even say you have an advantage over many veterans here in that you can look at everyone objectively, and you haven't started thinking in circles yet.
Agreed. Another piece of advice I'd like to give all newer players is not to trust anyone else's judgement but only their own. I was totally lead in my first game and I actually asked advice from more experienced players. Luckily, those whose advice I followed were gifted, but I could have had worse luck... But I don't think that is necessarily your problem, and like I said before, you played really well, especially towards the end.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #512
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I only just found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I love you Rikae!
Strictly platonically, I should hope.
That's absolutely platonic, or werewolfwise... at ease Mac...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Another piece of advice I'd like to give all newer players is not to trust anyone else's judgement but only their own. I was totally lead in my first game and I actually asked advice from more experienced players.
Exactly. Some of us like to fill the thread with analysis... sometimes trying to help others... sometimes to twist the thinking of the villagers...

Think yourself - like you did in the end of the game! You and Nerwen were getting Legate caught in the end. Sadly you didn't follow that idea through. I was indeed wavering in the end of my last Day whether to bring that up but as Legate had let me live one Night when I was almost a known innocent I decided to try his sportiness one more Night by staying quiet about him... Sadly he turned out a pragmatic wolf in the end...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #513
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I was indeed wavering in the end of my last Day whether to bring that up but as Legate had let me live one Night when I was almost a known innocent I decided to try his sportiness one more Night by staying quiet about him... Sadly he turned out a pragmatic wolf in the end...
Like I said, you were already living on a borrowed time, Nogrod. You did not seem to value the fact that we let you live, so we just said "What an ingrate, it's his loss". It was just one last day anyway...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #514
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Think yourself - like you did in the end of the game! You and Nerwen were getting Legate caught in the end. Sadly you didn't follow that idea through.
Excuse me, Nogrod, Gwath followed it through– I screwed up at the end. (Mind you, we were in major trouble by then anyway.)