The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #321
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Since the lot of you don't give a hoot about me wanting very badly to kill LMP, it looks like I'll have to change tactics, just to make sure my vote isn't "wasted".

I'm now going to point out to you some voting trends that I've noticed.

Celuien voted twice for the innocent Oddwen. This is wrong, but I already forgot exactly how. See Lalaith's next post for the truth.

Hookbill twice voted for innocents.

Lalaith voted once for the innocent Oddwen, but more importantly, voted for Eswen, who did not vote for her, but relying on the word of Tim the Enchanter, I can assure you all that, had she been there, she would have been voting for Lalaith just to confuse us.. They are the only pair of "I'll vote for you if you vote for me" villagers to never actually have voted for each other.

Evisse seems innocent enough, with no votes against her, and she voted for Hookbill and Lalaith.

However, all voting aside, there are obvious alliances, such as Anguirel and Saurreg, and Anguirel and Lalaith.

Think over this information and glean from it what you might. I still say LMP is too polite for this sort of thing. I'd feel much better if he'd just go and insult someone. He's taking my constant battery with such good will that it makes me want to kill him in his sleep.

PS: if LMP dies in his sleep, it's not my fault. Call it poetic irony, if you will.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 06-27-2005 at 12:01 PM. Reason: sorry lally-bally please forgive me. ;)
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #322
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
AARGH! Feanor, you're not concentrating.
I'm going to have to re-post. Firefoot's summary is wrong.

This is my previous post:
Quote:
To correct Firefoot's summary, Esga did not vote for me. Esga did not vote at all, she didn't appear, which is why she died. And Nilp got four votes, not three, Celuinen also voted for him.
Esga DID NOT vote for me. She did not vote at all. She did not appear. OK?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #323
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wow. That was entertaining. I'll have to do it again some time.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:07 PM   #324
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Nice re-edit, young lady.

However, I did actually wonder about Firefoot's mistake. Was Esga meant to vote for me?
You see what this village is turning us into. Twitching, snapping paranoiacs.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #325
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
However, I did actually wonder about Firefoot's mistake. Was Esga meant to vote for me? You see what this village is turning us into. Twitching, snapping paranoiacs.
You know, I wondered about that myself. Remember when I pointed at Firefoot before I had to leave the other day? Even if they're bad reasons, I usually do have reasons for what I say. And now I'm paranoid. But that's half the fun. The other half is the irony that goes along with whatever I say.

"I hope you two die." They die.
"Let's kill Nilp." He dies.
"Spawn is on my mind." She dies.

I do wonder if they'll kill you though, Lalaith, just because I'm directing my thoughts toward you at the moment. No worries... I'll probably give up and return to my well-knawed LMP bone.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #326
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I've had just enough time to stop in here and catch up. I've no time to comment, but I did edit that first post. Sorry it was wrong; it felt wrong when I tallied it up but I couldn't figure out why...
Quote:
However, I did actually wonder about Firefoot's mistake. Was Esga meant to vote for me?
Believe what you will, it was an honest mistake. Albeit a rather strange one. But this is what happens when you try to count up several votes before recording them...

Anyhow, I am somewhat surprised at how fast the votes for Hookbill are coming in. I'll probably be casting my vote the same way, though I'll hold off for now. If the voting ends before I come back (I hope not, but he only needs two more votes and it's going fast), consider that to be how I would have voted...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #327
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
You see what this village is turning us into. Twitching, snapping paranoiacs.
Aye. True.

Fea, you may have a point. What point exactly, I am not sure though. Are you saying LMP is one of the wolves using your suspect list to prove the innocence of all there are on it, thus making himself as well look innocent? But yesterday, he had no way of influencing the vote against Nilp and he himself voted for someone else, (Anguirel) though I admit that the timing of his vote made it meaningless. He could have cast that vote to distance himself from him, I don't know. Today he hastily casts a vote for Hookbill.

But there's also another side of this argument. That your suspect list, Fea, has truly not a single wolf among them and being a little scared that it would make you look suspicious, you now turn to LMP, in hope that he is the one exception. Or it may be that you're a sneaky wolf whom nobody is suspecting because there are more suspicious characters around. Truth be told I don't quite suspect you at the moment for the same reason.

By the way, I don't think it was Fea that started the 'lynch Nilpaurion' bandwagon yesterday. Like she said, she has voted in the previous days without anyone following her lead. I think it was Anguirel. And his remark is quite weird:

Quote:
Alas. I want to vote for Hookbill, but to save Lalaith I am forced to second the fickle Fea and vote for ++Nilpaurion I'm-A-Werewolf-And-Proud-Of-It Felagund.
Earlier, he says:

Quote:
And so, finally, I suggest that we hang Hookbill for longterm benefit, or Nilpaurion, frankly, to put our weary crania at ease.
So you'd rather vote for someone to set your curiosity at rest than for someone who you believe wholeheartedly to be guilty.

I think Hookbill is very much suspicious. But I am also suspicious of his main accuser, Anguirel. In fact, Esga being a wolf seems to suggest that Lalaith and Anguirel are also wolves. This must be so obvious for everyone that it makes it unrealistic...unless: Anguirel, who is a werewolf, chose to protect Lalaith, knowing she is an innocent who has fallen into disgrace; so that when she is lynched and proven innocent he would also gain credence as an innocent.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #328
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisse the Blue
Fea, you may have a point. What point exactly, I am not sure though. Are you saying LMP is one of the wolves using your suspect list to prove the innocence of all there are on it, thus making himself as well look innocent?
Wait... what's this point I might have again? My point was that I'm being set up (all my suspects dying) but there's a discrepancy (LMP is still alive). Also, when I pointed out this fact, absolutely nobody paid attention to it. All the rest of my band-wagons worked out for me, but this one hasn't. (think of band-wagoning as a positive thing, minus the dead innocents).

Quote:
That your suspect list, Fea, has truly not a single wolf among them and being a little scared that it would make you look suspicious, you now turn to LMP, in hope that he is the one exception. Or it may be that you're a sneaky wolf whom nobody is suspecting because there are more suspicious characters around.
I'm really excited that nobody is saying what I would be saying, if I were trying to kill myself. "Look, everybody on Fea's list is dying. That's just too weird to be a coincedence."
Old 06-27-2005, 12:57 PM   #329
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe The Pipe ends...

*Shrugs * I suppose it's inevitable. I did not expect to last till the end of the game. I would much rather have been mauled by werewolves than lynched, at least you know were you stand with w-ws. Getting lynched makes you feel that no one trusts you… How many more innocents must die before we lynch a true werewolf? There is not much point in my voting now is there?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #330
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
I'd say there is a point in you voting, and you'd better do it anyway, Hookbill.
Not all of us voted yet and if you are indeed innocent, you may convince some of us of the fact if you say what's on your mind.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #331
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Evisse has a point, Hookbill. You aren't sunk yet. Struggle a little, won't you?

You need two more votes, unless nobody else shows. I plan on voting, although my choice isn't set in stone just yet. Evisse hasn't voted either.

Our hasty boys that'a'way *points* seem to be following a plan that I haven't decided if I should join in on yet. Since I don't trust two out of three of them, the plan has an inborn flaw already.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #332
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
A puzzlement...

It's a good thing I was able to return early today. Things are moving along far too quickly.

Why in the world did the wolves pick dancing spawn? I would have thought Saurreg the obvious target now that no one is likely to suspect him anymore. Fea might be on to something when she says it could be a set up to make her look guilty. I might have to move lmp onto my possible suspect list if this is a set up.

I wish I could pick up on guidance from the Seer, who must know something by now.

For now, it looks like Hookbill is going to be lynched today. I think he's suspicious, but whether he's a wolf or not, there are a couple of theories that can be tested by voting for him. Depending on who's still around tomorrow...

++HOOKBILL
Old 06-27-2005, 01:39 PM   #333
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Two birds with one stone?

Nobody else vote for Hookbill yet! Let's lynch LMP along side of him. We'll kill two suspects, and after that, we can start with a clean slate instead of wondering and wasting a day. Even if they're both innocent, we have enough villagers that we can still win.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #334
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay... I don't think I can come back before the voting ends, so here's my vote:

++LMP
Old 06-27-2005, 03:06 PM   #335
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I wish I could pick up on guidance from the Seer, who must know something by now.
Everyone, open your eyes and read today's posts more carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
I've made my point about LMP and I'm watching happily to note that, yet again, nobody is paying any attention to it. Which makes me wonder.
Feanor, since you scream everything you say, over and over again, it gets easy for the rest of us to plug our ears, after a fashion. Maybe we shouldn't. On top of that, you contradict yourself. For example,
Quote:
And did you truly take my words on LMP for serious? Remember that shortly after, I accused someone else, just for good measure, and in the same sentence, I accused three well-knowns not even playing? I was teasing, and the next paragraph actually said "No, in all seriousness..." Remember? I want to lynch ++ NILP for reasons already stated.
So, were you serious, or weren't you? Such contradictoriness tends to end up in unwanted deaths. When Nilp was contradictory about himself, he got himself lynched. You're contradictory, and wrong, about others, and you're getting a bunch of innocents lynched, saving your own neck. Some help. You're more harm to the village than good, I'd have to say. Which brings up the much needed question, are you an experienced villager, playing a brash, bold game of werewolf throwing the suspicion everywhere but home?

Now, even if I were a werewolf, which I'm not, so you can waste your useless vote on trying to lynch me, why on earth would I set you up, since you're an insufferable, screaming loudmouth who gets so focused on your own pet wrongheaded projects that you can't even STOP! to see the clear signs being laid down by your compatriots.

Two more things. You have been incomprehensible. Who can make sense of your diatribes? You lost me, except for the oen thing you're addicted to: "lynch LMP! lynch LMP! lynch LMP!" How could you expect any serious villagers trying to find the real werewolf to listen to you? Not to mention your bloodthirsty lust for lynching fellow villagers!

Okay, all insults duly posted, as requested.

Why then did the werewolves kill dancing spawn? Allow me to posit a few theories, since the wise amongst us will soon have placed their votes to lynch Hookbill.

To shut up the correct and/or dangerous.

First, let's distinguish between those lynched, and those killed. Since the villagers as guilty of the deaths of those lynched as are the werewolves, it's harder to be able to say much there. So let's concentrate on the killed.

dancing spawn voted for Esgal, who was a werewolf. She was correct. By all intents and purposes, it would seem that she made a lucky guess. So maybe there was another reason the wolves killed her. What might be a second possibility? Why do werewolves kill villagers, besides for hunger? There is the danger aspect. How could dancing spawn be dangerous to the wolves? Could it be that they thought she was the seer? After all, anybody who knows anything in this game knows that the werewolves would want to get the seer out of the picture, and everyone of us here knows that the seer is not yet dead. So spawn was correct about esgal, which might lead the werewolves to guess that she was the seer.

the phantom had a plan and was most arrogant about it, but his plan, had it been followed, would have served to foil the werewolves in their search for the seer. This was its strongest merit. He also showed great incisiveness in his reasoning. So perhaps he had a good chance of correctly deducing which amongst us are the werewolves.

Azaelia is still a puzzle to me. She showed no special aptitude outside the norm (which ain't bad at all, my friends ) . So I don't know. Correctness? Danger? Neither seems to have been in greater abundance than in any other villager.

All I can think of is one other possible motive, which, I believe, has been mentioned already, by phantom, I believe, which is that they are killing at random with no real logic to follow precisely to keep all of us innocents quite confused, at least until the seer picks the right "person" to dream about.

All this said, the people I'm pretty sure are not werewolves are Saurreg and Anguirel, which is a radical change from my position yesterday, but that's for you to figure out for yourselves. Lalaith still seems suspiciously tied to Eswen in getting Oddwen tied up with Eomer.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-27-2005 at 03:11 PM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #336
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I endorse this. Fea, you've swayed me for the moment. Right-thinking citizens, jump on LMP. May the artist finally have spoken wisdom, though it seems too good to be true...

LMP had better not beat Hookbill, though. That would kill a possible culprit rather than a primary one...

EDIT: Ooo, LMP is trying to buy my favour. Tempting...
Old 06-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #337
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ang, I don't try to buy favor. I go with the evidence. Maybe sometimes I suck at it, but the evidence seems pretty clear to me, so I've cast my vote in the logical way. I'm not saying it outright because I'm trying to preserve the services of certain individuals who have made themselves as clearly evident as they dare ... wisely.

See it how you like. Lynch me if you like. When you see another untransformed corpse hanging from the scaffold, take a good hard look at Feanor.

In fact, I hope the Seer dreams about Feanor tonight. I'd like that cleared up once and for all.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #338
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

A cogent defence...but hardly an uncommon one. You could, after all, both be innocent...

Naturally enough, my eye now defensively lingers on Evisse again. But I realise that this is biased by her attack. Perhaps she's just seizing the vacant anti-Anguirel position. Someone has to do it, I suppose.

LMP and Feanor, you could be developing a Eomer/Phantom feud. Of course, if one of you is justified, they won't know it, (unless they are the Seer, and neither accusation seems firm enough) but their opponent will. The irony!

I fear Feanor's invective has affected the Courts of the Assizes unduly...I trust the butcher more, but I am willed nonetheless to support the artist. Charisma, magnetism, call it what you will, I'd rather hang LMP first.

My reservation-the third wolf (Hookbill taken for granted, whatever his mewing) is the last wolf. You'd think their defence would be more desperate and unyielding. But LMP has masked his emotions well before. All the same...all the same...ugh.

It's probably Firefoot, due to the principle of the cussedness of nature...
Old 06-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #339
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

This is quite a tricky thing to do, Anguirel and Feanor. Besides seeming yourselves very suspicious right now, you have posed to the rest of us remaining to vote (Firefoot, Lalaith, Hookbill and me) quite a puzzle. Since Hookbill is by now so resigned to his fate as not even bother to cast a vote (something that, by the way, points to his innocence, rather than his guilt; with one of his mates gone, and still a clear numerical advantage for the villagers, he's showing a bit too much resignation. Unless he's an atypical wolf and his resignation is meant to fool us - which I must say, is working quite well in my case), that leaves to the rest of us the burden of a decision. What if we end up lynching two innocents? It is a possibility. What if one of us, not willing to take such a chance, steps in to break the tie, and saves LMP, who later proves to be a wolf? Then we are immediately seen as suspicious. But I am most suspicious of the ones who already voted. Anguirel for one. I don't think I'll vote for LMP, as I can't find anything important to incriminate him. If I'm to follow what evidence we have, I'd vote for Lalaith, and not care if anyone would follow me or not.

I have to go to sleep now, for today has been long and exhausting, and I won't hurry to cast a vote now that I may regret later.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #340
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Fea's continued case against LMP has me confused. I do not think she is the seer, otherwise I would probably go for it and vote for LMP. As it is, though, I do not believe that LMP is guilty. I will not be voting for him unless I see some really good evidence. So far I haven't seen anything remotely close.

And, alas, I have come to the end of the time I currently have... more in about 2 1/2 hours.

Quick edit:
Quote:
It's probably Firefoot, due to the principle of the cussedness of nature...
"Principle of the cussedness of nature"? Um... okay.

Last edited by Firefoot; 06-27-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #341
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Incomprehensibly fascinating...

Quote:
So, were you serious, or weren't you? Such contradictoriness tends to end up in unwanted deaths.
But I wasn't being contradictory about myself, I was being contradictory about you. I know I'm innocent. I assumed you were until you didn't die.

Quote:
You're more harm to the village than good, I'd have to say.
Wrong. But it's not like I haven't heard it all anyhow. "Kill her early. It saves you a headache." But I'm the mysterious and misunderstood artist. Nobody gets me. They look at my work and ask me what had me so depressed I did it. Never mind that it might have been a random thought come to fruition on paper...

Quote:
Which brings up the much needed question, are you an experienced villager, playing a brash, bold game of werewolf throwing the suspicion everywhere but home?
Quote:
you're an insufferable, screaming loudmouth who gets so focused on your own pet wrongheaded projects that you can't even STOP! to see the clear signs being laid down by your compatriots.
You can all lynch me, if you like. I'll die happy, knowing that I drove LMP to insult.

Quote:
You lost me, except for the one thing you're addicted to: "lynch LMP! lynch LMP! lynch LMP!"
If you'd died, I'd have given up and thought "Crud... now I have to alter my kill list again. If you'd garnered suspicion, I'd have dropped you like a hot potato. Until I got somebody to pay attention to me, I wasn't about to stop.

And really, you make it sound like I don't know what's going on. I just don't tell you what's going on. I make it my hobby to randomly accuse people and see what happens. What did someone call it? Observation by agitation? It's a great philosophy. Just because you guys are confused about me doesn't mean that I'm not carefully writing down everything you do in response to my words, as well as marking all of yours.

So there.

Oh, and now that I've gotten a decent answer out of LMP, go ahead and kill Hookbill.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:55 PM   #342
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
there are a couple of theories that can be tested by voting for him
This is very true, Celuien, and having read the thread right through, I return now to find that Hookbill's fate is more or less sealed. I too think I get the plan and will go along with it. ++Hookbill
Much, perhaps all, may be resolved in the next 24 hours. What Hookbill's status is revealed to be, and who the wolves (or wolf) decide to kill tonight, will tell us at least half of what we need to know.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #343
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Well... Hookbill's officially dead. See ya ol' boy. Can't wait to see your fangs bared at the lynching.

I'm still vaguely depressed that LMP is still alive... Just for the sake of it.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:33 PM   #344
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I see that I'm too late, now that I actually have some time. Oh well... I suppose it couldn't be helped. Hookbill, I hope you're a wolf...
Old 06-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #345
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Anguriel - before this day ends, would you at least post whom you think are not werewolves?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:59 AM   #346
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Alright.

Celuien is certainly not a werewolf, due to conduct, voting reactions, style, emotional response, yada yada yada.

Saurreg, you are of course the remaining obsolete Shirriff.

Lalaith I could still be wrong about, which would be irritating. But I'm genuinely taken in by her mathematical hopelessness and apparent honesty, not to mention the entente cordiale we seem to have formed.

LMP is a suspect-although our dear Artist has now let go of him abruptly, as a leech lets go of a wound...which puts Fea in the running again.

Firefoot is probably on our side and gifted, but could also be a werewolf, traitorously turning on the doomed Hookbill...

And is Evisse's distinct refusal to see the wood for the trees as suspicious as it seems to me? I suspected her a while back...
Old 06-28-2005, 02:25 AM   #347
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I'm grateful for Anguirel's trust, and it would be very politic of me to concur with his assessment of me as mathematically hopeless.
But even though I am just a humble wet-nurse, I am a proud woman and in case I should die tonight, I don't want to go down in Tol-in-Gauroth history as a fool. I would like to point out that making a vote-counting mistake in the heat of the last minutes is not actually a sign of congenital stupidity or indeed of lycanthropy. Even our mighty and wise judge Anguirel was caught out yesterday, thinking Evisse had scored a draw. And Firefoot tallied up the scores wrong, in the cool light of morning, after all the excitement was over.

So you see we can all do it.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:55 AM   #348
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Absolutely. And do all do it. I'd be suspicious of anyone who always got their figures right. Sauron teaches many a mathematics course, so they say...
Old 06-28-2005, 05:45 AM   #349
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Fortune cookie of the day is: The blind leading the blind?

If Hookbill turns out a werewolf, I'd be the least suspicious of LMP, who voted quite early for him today. So in that case, Feanor's suggestion of lynching them both together makes absolutely no sense. The more I think about it, the more I tend to place her on top of my suspect list.

Anguirel, I do see what you're hinting at. The only thing that's keeping me back from trusting you is other evidence. You led the attack against phantom, you're protecting Lalaith whom I still strongly suspect, you did not suspect Esga at all. Now you also seem to suspect me, and since the only certainty I have is of my innocence, that does not add to your credibility in my eyes.

Since Hookbill is doomed, and perhaps justly so, I see no reason to cast my vote. I agree that his death and the one that will follow during the night, will tell us a lot, perhaps all that we need to know.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:22 AM   #350
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe So this is it? I'm going to die?

Well, to be dead, I feel I still have some things to say. When you all finally see my festering human body in the streets, look to Fea who seems to have am agenda against me for no strongly founded reason.
If anything, this game has taught me not to become a detective

It's been fun guys, but this is my final farewell, good luck with killing those werewolves, and next time, don't kill an innocent.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:26 AM   #351
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Hookbill my dear, if you are innocent you will not have died in vain, the survivors shall be looking at all sorts of people, don't worry.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:28 AM   #352
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
If only the village had a carpenter.

The village had decided. Hookbill the Goomba would die this DAY – what was a Goomba anyway? Some orcish word for Werewolf? Most suspicious.

The Goomba, whatever it was, was led to the recently finished Oddwen Memorial Gallows (constructed in less than two days!). He was lead up the wooden steps to stand upon the wooden platform. Due to time restraints, there was no trapdoor, but the villagers wouldn’t let this stop them.

The noose was put around Hookbill’s neck. He was pushed off the platform into the air.

The pole of the gallows snapped.

Hookbill the Goomba landed, slightly choked but still alive, on his stomach. The villagers ignored him, instead starting to cast blame for the failure of the O.M.G. upon one another.

“It’s your fault!” one of them accused another. “I told you the pole was too thin.”

“Me? No, it was the rope, too thin I tell you.”

“This would never had happened if we’d put in a trapdoor…”

“HEY!” one of the villagers shouted. “The Goomba is getting away!” The villager cast a stone at Hookbill, who was rapidly crawling away from them.

The Goomba cried out as the stone connected with his body. Standing up, arms held up in peace, he returned to them.

“My fellow villagers,” he began, “Is it not clear to you that I am innocent of all guilt? For is not the snapping of the gallows evidence that Eru wishes me to live?”

“I’d say it was evidence of shoddy workmanship,” one of the villagers interjected.

Hookbill ignored him. “For Eru protects the innocent, and so, surely, I must be innocent. Why else would the Iluvatar choose to save me from certain death? For surely it is by the hand of the Allfather that I am saved, and He that created us intervenes now to protect his offspring. For what-”

A stone hit him between the eyes, causing him to crumple in a most interesting fashion.

“I couldn’t stand his babbling anymore,” the thrower explained, hurling another stone at the fallen body. The rest of the village soon took to the idea. Why had they wanted gallows at all? Stoning was so much more fun! Look at the interesting dents they were creating!

Eventually, it was clear that Hookbill was dead. The villagers kept throwing stones anyway, since there wasn’t really much else to do.

Suddenly, the form of the Goomba erupted out of the small mound of stones, growing in shape, form and power. A terrible transformation took hold of his deceased form as his legs and arms exploded into muscular, wolvish limbs and his face elongated into a lycanthrope’s snout.

The villagers had finally managed to lynch a wolf.

For tradition’s sake, they shoved a frog down his throat before going off to celebrate.

Living:

Anguirel
Celuien
Evisse the Blue
Feanor of the Peredhil
Firefoot
Lalaith
littlemanpoet
Saurreg

Dead:

the guy who be short (Villager) - partially consumer by werewolves on NIGHT 1.
Kath (Ranger) - lynched by villagers on DAY 1.
Azaelia of Willowbottom (Villager) - turned into a pincushion on NIGHT 2.
Oddwen (Villager) - lynched with kitchen utensils on DAY 2.
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Villager) - lynched and drowned on DAY 2.
the phantom (Shirriff) - poisoned himself on NIGHT 3.
Nilpaurion Felagund (Villager) - pitchforked to death on DAY 3.
Esgallhugwen (Werewolf) - probably choked on a tree-frog on DAY 3.
dancing spawn of ungoliant (Villager) - definitely choked on a tree-frog on NIGHT 4.
Hookbill the Goomba (Werewolf) - Stoned to death on DAY 4.

Score:

Werewolves: 1
Villagers: 7

It is now NIGHT. NIGHT will end in 24 hours at 1:30pm BST, 8:30am EDT, 7:30am CDT, or earlier if all activities are received by then.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 06-28-2005 at 06:32 AM.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:33 AM   #353
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Warning: slight gore

The villagers woke up, fearing the worst. Who would be taken this night? What terrible vengeance would the remaining werewolf exact?

Anguirel, the brehon, was missing from the village square. The rabble of villagers that still lived walked to his home, on the outskirts of the small village. He lived in a small shack near the woods, though he often left and wandered through them to commune with bears and the like. Hopefully he was simply away...

The villagers pushed open the door to the shack. Theatrically, it creaked ominously before slowly admitting them into the brehon’s abode.

The townspeople at the back of the crowd pushed those at the front in reluctantly. The reluctance was due to the fact that those at the front could actually see the inside of the hut, which requires a short narrative for the reader to fully appreciate it.

Huts, as we all know, are generally on the small side. This shack contained the one, standard room, and was sparsely furnished according to regulations; the only furniture being a small, wobbly wooden table. This was in the middle of the room.

On top of the table was a head. Anguirel’s head to be exact. It looked woefully up at them, though how it managed this without any eyes was a bit of a puzzle. The long hair was matted with blood, and the head was roughly severed at the neck.

This brings us to the question of where the rest of the body was, which is quite an interesting one really.

An arm was directly in front of the doorway, in a large pool of blood. There was part of a leg – was it a thigh? – underneath the table, in a pool of blood. That squelchy thing by the far wall looked like a liver. It was in a pool of blood. Oh, look, there was the other arm in the middle of the room. It was in a pool of some suspiciously bloody looking red liquid.

Various detached parts of Anguirel’s body were spread around the floor like some sort of horrendous jigsaw puzzle. As well as the small pools of blood these dominated, there were quite a few free-standing puddles of blood dispersed around the room. Oh, and the walls, don’t forget the walls, they were splattered too. With blood, incase you hadn't guessed.

So you can now understand the reluctance to step inside the shack.

The werewolf had presumably eaten Anguirel’s eyes (the only part of his body not littering the floor, excluding the tête-sur-la-table of course), and the various, now-blood-stained crystals and charms around the place now certified what most of them had already guessed. Anguirel was their Seer, and now he was dead.

A closer look around the room revealed something else startling. There were no frogs. None at all.

Now the wolf was serious.

Living:

Celuien
Evisse the Blue
Feanor of the Peredhil
Firefoot
Lalaith
littlemanpoet
Saurreg

Dead:

the guy who be short (Villager) - partially consumer by werewolves on NIGHT 1.
Kath (Ranger) - lynched by villagers on DAY 1.
Azaelia of Willowbottom (Villager) - turned into a pincushion on NIGHT 2.
Oddwen (Villager) - lynched with kitchen utensils on DAY 2.
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Villager) - lynched and drowned on DAY 2.
the phantom (Shirriff) - poisoned himself on NIGHT 3.
Nilpaurion Felagund (Villager) - pitchforked to death on DAY 3.
Esgallhugwen (Werewolf) - probably choked on a tree-frog on DAY 3.
dancing spawn of ungoliant (Villager) - definitely choked on a tree-frog on NIGHT 4.
Hookbill the Goomba (Werewolf) - Stoned to death on DAY 4.
Anguirel (Seer) - Ripped apart by werewolf on NIGHT 5.

Score:

Werewolves: 1
Villagers: 6

It is now DAY. DAY will end in 24 hours at 1:30pm BST, 8:30am EDT, 7:30am CDT, or earlier if a majority is reached before then.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:55 AM   #354
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Celuien
Evisse
Fea
Firefoot
Lalaith
LMP
Saurreg

Celuien, you've been long since cleared. Saurreg, you also. Lalaith, I will accept Ang's vote of confidence for you, and I give Firefoot my own. I'll be very put out if one of you lets me down on this.

Evisse, LMP: I'm left with the two of you. I'm loathe to actually believe in LMP's guilt any more. His swift figuring of Ang's role in our village, and subsequent vote, point far away from him. Not to mention that that last Fea-inspired outburst put my mind to rest quite nicely. Besides, I had bigger fish to fry (remember the "good, now you can kill Hookbill").

But our sadly dead Seer (if only we hadn't kill our Ranger...) fingered Evisse early on, using terms like "sinister" to describe her. Also,

Quote:
And is Evisse's distinct refusal to see the wood for the trees as suspicious as it seems to me? I suspected her a while back...

Yes, it is. Perhaps, like Ang theorized, she was just taking up the vacant anti-Anguirel post, but what would be the point of it? To take suspicion off of him as being the Seer? There's no reason for it, as by then, even the most hard-headed of us (yes, I was pointing at myself for that) had figured it out. My theory is that if I could STOP! long enough to take a closer look, AND figure it out in the early afternoon (yes, LMP, before you yelled at me), that the wolf just had to know by nightfall (which, of course, is why poor Ang died so bloodily).

So here are the rest of us saying "Ang, tell us what you know before you die!" and here's Evisse saying "I'm not convinced. What makes you so sure of this?" Does this hit anyone else as being fishy?

How many other people would like to kill a wolf today and celebrate? Raise your hands now, wee ones.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 06-29-2005 at 07:00 AM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:56 AM   #355
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

So our Seer is dead. Rest well Anguriel - you would be missed.

As of now I should explain why a deal was made with Anguriel. In my first post of last round, I mentioned that our seer was pretty-much ineffectual. This promptly led Anguriel storming in and casting his vote for Hookbill in his first post. He then made the following quote in reply to my query;

Quote:
I can either say "There are some things that great men do that they wish to go unobserved" and then be turned into mince overnight.
I could be mistakened but I do believe that was his way of trying to tell me that he was the seer.

With a still-large population of villagers to go by, I thought correctly that I could allow myself to follow his lead. Hence in the deal I wanted a double lynch and also for him to name his other suspects. The second lynching was a provision in the case that before last round started, he had asked already and knew whom the other lycan was other than Hookbill. I wanted him to name his other suspects for similar reasons also.

Anguriel did not keep his part of the deal - that led me to believe that he was not successful in his nightly missions.

Hence with a few hours to spare before the deadline, I asked him to list those whom he thought were innocent. I have reason to believe that he has made four inquries, found out that they were innocent and revealed some of them in his reply,

Quote:
Alright.

Celuien is certainly not a werewolf, due to conduct, voting reactions, style, emotional response, yada yada yada.

Saurreg, you are of course the remaining obsolete Shirriff.

Lalaith I could still be wrong about, which would be irritating. But I'm genuinely taken in by her mathematical hopelessness and apparent honesty, not to mention the entente cordiale we seem to have formed.

LMP is a suspect-although our dear Artist has now let go of him abruptly, as a leech lets go of a wound...which puts Fea in the running again.

Firefoot is probably on our side and gifted, but could also be a werewolf, traitorously turning on the doomed Hookbill...

I hereby submit that from the list of the seer, that Celuien and Lalaith are innocent.

Our suspects now boil down to:

Evisse the Blue
Feanor of the Peredhil
littlemanpoet
Firefoot
Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 AM   #356
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

You can kill me if you want, but please, kill Evisse first. If she is proven innocent, I'll kill myself, just to make life easier for you.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:08 AM   #357
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Unfortunately the rules of the game states that only those whom are accused stand a chance of dying. Suicide via dramatic post is irrelevant unless you care to put double crosses before your name and bold the entry.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:11 AM   #358
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

I'm very sorry, Anguirel...for what it's worth. If it comforts you, though I doubt it will, wherever you are, I'll soon be made to pay for my mistake, by the looks of it.

I kind of 'predicted' that you'll be against me today.

Think a little, though, what kind of lunatic werewolf - knowing she is the last, would be so transparent yesterday as to accuse Anguirel, after Hookbill's death was decided? But if you decide to lynch me just to be rewarded with the certainty of my innocence, I won't make too much of a fuss to stop it. I realize I have it coming for being so wrong in my remarks about Anguirel. And even if an innocent is lynched today, the villagers still have the numerical advantage needed to win, if they use what evidence they have wisely.

But, even if Anguirel protected Lalaith, I still cannot let go of my suspicions against her. Every action of hers (and by actions I mean votes) points more or less towards her guilt: it could be mischance or it could be sneakiness, especially since after reading her excellently composed posts I always tend to give her the benefit of the doubt. Notice, Saurreg, that even Anguirel's last words about her were no more of a hunch than ours are.

On the other hand, it could well be that either Feanor or LMP is the last remaining wolf.

I am very hesitant to make any judgements right now, because my recent failure in judgement is still fresh in my mind.

I want to remind you though, that I was right at least in suspecting Esga (though at that moment it was overlooked) and I voted for Hookbill when he should have been lynched, on Day 3. I also did not vote for innocents at the time when the two wolves we are certain of were busy blending in and creating ties.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:12 AM   #359
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

The depressing thing is that I'm currently so convinced that I'd actually do it tomorrow, just to keep my word.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #360
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisse the Blue
Think a little, though, what kind of lunatic werewolf - knowing she is the last, would be so transparent yesterday as to accuse Anguirel, after Hookbill's death was decided? But if you decide to lynch me just to be rewarded with the certainty of my innocence, I won't make too much of a fuss to stop it. I realize I have it coming for being so wrong in my remarks about Anguirel. And even if an innocent is lynched today, the villagers still have the numerical advantage needed to win, if they use what evidence they have wisely.
Quite right. If we go by my dual theory of werewolf voting behaviour, I'd say the last wolf voted for Hookbill to save its own skin. Look for the votes there. Signs such as sudden reversals in belief, voting patterns or just plain too-good-to-be-true posts explaining the rationale behind the votes may yield alot.

Quote:
But, even if Anguirel protected Lalaith, I still cannot let go of my suspicions against her. Every action of hers (and by actions I mean votes) points more or less towards her guilt: it could be mischance or it could be sneakiness, especially since after reading her excellently composed posts I always tend to give her the benefit of the doubt. Notice, Saurreg, that even Anguirel's last words about her were no more of a hunch than ours are.
There was really an entente between them. I somehow doubt that no matter how cunning it was, our last lycan would not place itself in such a risky position. Werewolves would usually try to stay involved but not form quasi-long term alliances or partnerships