The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-13-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Here's a question...

I was just curious...how many out there visit a LOTR related site everytime they sit down at their computer? I think I do. Especially this site.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:29 AM   #2
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

This site is my homepage. What more can I say? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2002, 11:41 AM   #3
mordor136
Wight

mordor136 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i'm addicted to tolkien sites and this site is also my homepage
Old 12-13-2002, 11:55 AM   #4
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i come here every evening, open up all the pages i want, and sit down and cruise around for six hours

sure i open up other places... some of them are lotr related
Old 12-13-2002, 11:58 AM   #5
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Pretty much everytime I log on to my computer I find something LOTR related and look at it even in just for a minute or two. I am a recent addition to the Downs, but I have been here before. Lately more then every! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2002, 12:25 PM   #6
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Well, this is about the only LotR site I visit (unless I'm searching other places to find pictures to post here...). I spend so much time here that there's not much time left over for other sites.

It's kind of sad...I sit down to work on a story, and find myself logging onto the internet after a couple minutes of staring blankly at what I last wrote...which is usually something like "This is so boring. Painfully boring. Rip out my eyes and drool to death boring. I need a vacation".

Ah, writer's block. The Barrow Downs has been a real life saver...otherwise I'd be lying in a puddle of drool right now... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 12-13-2002, 05:14 PM   #7
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, for the past...7 months really everytime I log on, I always bring up this site first. Every once in a while I go to other sites. But mainly, the only reason why I go to those sites are to get info or pictures for something I am posting on the Downs.

A few weeks ago, I joined Tolkien Online and Ringbearer. But I don't nearly like their forums as much as I do this one.

But this is really an everday thing that I do. When I get online and talk to my friends, they ask what I'm doing and I say "oh, just talking to people at the Downs". And when my mom comes home from work, she walks in and sees me with this site up on the screen. Her reply is always "I figured you would be on there." It's just a normal thing now for me that every around me has just gotten used to it.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 05:26 PM   #8
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I visit this site every time I'm online. Well, I have to update RPG's, so...I kind of get left behind if I do not...
Old 12-14-2002, 02:19 AM   #9
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Of course.

I always go to my email first, but then here.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 11:13 AM   #10
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Ever since I discovered this enchanting site, I've only visited this one. It's gotten so bad that I consider this my second home. Also, I lose track of time and onenight it cost my homework. Maybe I need to go into re-hab or something.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:30 PM   #11
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When I am on the internet, first I check my e-mail, then the Barrow downs, then if I've looked at all the things I want to I ckeck other LOTR places. Usually in about that order, but often I do more than one thing at a time.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:43 AM   #12
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i ALWAYS check the "send email whenever someone replies" so i end up with 20 messages at times in my inbox. i visit here sporadically-i'll post everywhere-then not come back for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks-and repeat the process. having a 56k, however, my ability to get ANYWHERE on the internet is slowed substantially-i also live out somewhere where the only high-speed internet i could get is satellite.

Quote:
Quote of the Month: Dec.: "Pity they let the old punishments die...was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons...God, I miss the screaming!"-- Filch in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" the movie *ducks thrown objects*
a good quote, regardless of the source. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ December 15, 2002: Message edited by: Demloth of Dol Amroth ]
Old 12-15-2002, 01:18 AM   #13
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

This is pretty much the only Tolkien-related site I go to (sometimes go to theonering or occasionally the Tolkien Sarcasm Page, which is fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) and yes, I do come here every time I log on. Sometimes I don't log on and just read a few posts very quickly as a guest, but usually I log in and stick around for a little bit.

Diamond, I know exactly what you mean about the writing. I give myself three hours writing time in the afternoon and the only way to keep it up without visiting here is to unplug the router so I don't have any internet access at all. Cold turkey: it's rough, but effective. (And of course if you think "Just write until three o'clock and THEN you can go post" it makes it something to look forward to. Yes, I'm a sad person in some ways [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]).
Old 12-15-2002, 06:06 AM   #14
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i once had 90 emails in my email thingy telling me people had replied to various posts on here

something tells me i need to cut down...