The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2005, 07:55 PM   #10
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Name (that you go by): Evisse is good enough
Future Aspirations: loads. I'll just say the Tolkien-related ones: I want to read all the books (including HoME, of which I don't have all the volumes), I want to learn Elvish, I want to visit Oxford, and the place where Tolkien spent his childhood, I want to place a flower and a little gift at his grave, and finally I want sometime in my life to be able to write a piece of poetry or prose that is written in his style.
Goal in life: No specific goal, just to make the most of all opportunities that present themselves to me.
Short term goals: To get a new job
Passion: See hobbies.
Hobbies: reading, surfing (the net), hiking, ice skating, music, games
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): Everyone who knows me well tells me I'm the most weird person they know, so this could be something...
Fave book: LOTR, and others
Fave movie: LOTR, Harry Potter, X Files the Movie, Matrix 1, Tarkovski's movies (though one must find the right disposition for those, but once you're in...'there's no going out'), Casablanca, South Park, Seinfeld, Home Alone, Finding Nemo, Disney's Snow White, The Aristocats
Fave sport: ice skating
Fave store: Like a have so many choices...
Fave music: loads! But the band of the moment - of the year, that is, even better said of the past few years, is Nightwish.
What you can't stand: too many things, unfortunately.
What you plain dislike: Isn't it the same as above? For me it is.
Who you admire: Tolkien. Chris Carter. After I saw extended ROTK, Peter Jackson and company. ; D
What you most love to do: see hobbies.
Your self-confessed flaws: I'm the most undecided and whimsical person ever (though I realize there are some serious competitors out there ). Plus I guess I'm pretty shallow at times, and too obstinate at other times.
What intrigues/fascinates you: life, death, religion, Tolkien's world, X Files, Nightwish lyrics lately, the weird coincidences of life (ever had one of those?) Apparently I'm easily intrigued/fascinated.
What scares you: violence
Quotation to live by: "I'll think of it tomorrow"