The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #921
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream of the LAlfieVem family last night...something about Lal & Dave morphed into some sort of protective cave around the Young'un so he could perform some tremendous destiny-riffic feat...it was quite odd.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:39 AM   #922
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Two Downs Dreams in a row!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
I had a dream of the LAlfieVem family last night...something about Lal & Dave morphed into some sort of protective cave around the Young'un so he could perform some tremendous destiny-riffic feat...it was quite odd.
Very odd indeed. But with your name it's quite understandable.

Anyway, tonight I had another Downish dream and this time I remember something of it! In the first part of the dream, SpM was lurking in sewers and killing us (=me and some other people, given the logic of the dream there were probably also some Downers present) one by one. In the second part, me, my brother, my grand-aunt, Volo and several little children (probably was supposed to be something like a camp for children, because my grand-aunt was doing things like that) were riding on bikes. I remember Volo's bike changed into a motorbike at certain point, and he could not drive it. Then suddenly we were in fact in a tram, which looked like a... hmm... well, imagine a cabriolet tram But we were in several little waggons, similar to these roller-coaster waggons, you know? The continuity was preserved, technically they were still bikes, or the bikes changed to them, only they were connected and there was a driver in the front who was driving it all. He was totally stupid and he started to drive too fast, he left the railway and suddenly was driving down a hill very, very fast. I knew there was going to be trouble, but at that moment the waggons turned into normal bikes and my brother crashed into a car. It was the driver's fault, of course.
Then there was the third part of the dream, and that was that I was in a classroom in some (probably) elementary school (or so it looked like) and Mac was a teacher and looked like Boro's avatar. There were many other Downers in there, but the only one whom I remember surely was Mithalwen. We were to write a latin test. I was a little bit afraid, because I did not know much, but the test proved not to be too hard. There were sentences in English and we had to translate them to Latin, and they were like: "The Balrog is in Moria." "I live in the Dark Tower." "When the Balrog comes, the Wizard loses." When I was translating the latter sentence, I woke up.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #923
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Nogrod had written instructions on how to find them in a letter but his handwriting was impossible to read (no idea if this is true).
You're a seer - for he has a very horrible handwriting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
SpM was lurking in sewers and killing us (=me and some other people, given the logic of the dream there were probably also some Downers present) one by one
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:51 AM   #924
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Well, I think it was in fact something like a WW game, you see, but it was real. It was not scary, in any matter.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #925
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ooh, I just had a Barrow Downs dream from a nap I took (yes, I take naps...don't judge me! ).

So, the dream started off in this big building. I think it was a building full of film studios and there was some sort of shoot going on because a whole bunch of people (including an old professor) tried to hand me random stuff, thinking I was a Production Assistant, and I had to tell them, "No, I'm not here for that." Because I wasn't.
Originally, I was there because a bunch of Downers decided to gather in a small room of that building to play WW with a boardgame. And the players who couldn't make it would just play as they always do online. I can't remember all the Downers that were there...I do believe Holbytlass was there, though she temporarily changed her name to Halloweenelass (I'm not sure why since Halloween is long over). We weren't expecting Lommy and Volo to show up since they'd have to travel all the way from Finland to the US, but surprise, surprise, they came after all.
Before we ever got started with WW, my dream turned into an orchestra performance arranged last minute in the same building, but a different room. Most of the Downers disappeared, but Lommy and Volo were there, and we sat in chairs with our violins. Then for some reason, I started arguing with Volo; I think he was trying to correct my pronounciation of an English word, and I was irritated because I don't like being corrected. We kept going at it, and finally, Lommy (who was sitting in the middle of all this) screamed for us to "Shut up!" My reaction was, "Wow, Lommy's kinda mean. I expected her to be nicer." I was suddenly really mad at her, but I suspect the real reason behind it was that I was simply frustrated because we were about to perform and be judged at playing a theme from the LotR film without any prior practice. And of course, I totally sucked because I hadn't even touched my violin for over five years.
Suddenly, Lommy turned into my roommate, and though now a different person, I was still mad and glaring at her all day. I noticed she was given a crappy lunch which involved a giant pickle and I was happy. And then I woke up.

Yeah, it was weird, though it made a lot more sense than most of my other dreams.
It was my first Downer dream in a long time. And usually my Downer dreams are too vague to post, but not this one.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #926
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
We kept going at it, and finally, Lommy (who was sitting in the middle of all this) screamed for us to "Shut up!" My reaction was, "Wow, Lommy's kinda mean. I expected her to be nicer."
Funny dream, Brinn.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #927
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Eye

I fell asleep a while ago and I just woke up from one of the best dreams EVER!

There was a TARDIS in my back garden for some reason. So I went inside it and was trying to fly it (rather unsuccessfully) and I ended up landing in lalwende's back garden (knocking over some plants and scaring a cat, I believe). She came out of her house and demanded to be let in so I opened the door. Davem came in as well and told me that the TARDIS wasn't in the Legendarium and snickered at us as we tried to fly it.
Soon enough we found ourselves twenty years in the future and we found lal and Davem's son was some sort of professor of science and was trying to build a space ship to take him to a mysterious planet (for some reason he resembled professor Yana from the latest series of Doctor Who). While lal and Davem investigated this I tried to get the TARDIS working and accidentally ended up in ancient times where I met a none-downs friend. She was trying to convince some Romans that they were going the wrong way, but they insisted that 'all roads lead to Roam' commenting on the road signs that pointed to 'roam' in all directions. She then joined me in the TARDIS and we went to some alien planet where Legate was being taken prisoner and we tried to save him, but unfortunately his crimes were 'very serious' and he was put to death in a mangle.
Then Rune showed up for no reason with Spawn.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #928
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Haha! Hookbill, that was a great dream, surely!

...Except for my death sentence And in a mangle?!? Brrr... not that I don't like being in someone's dreams, but if it were to go like that, I'd rather save it, thank you very much... at least I can say that on Barrow-Downs, I am already dead, so such a thing cannot harm me... well, maybe this way of execution will make me a little flat, hm...
Old 11-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #929
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
She was trying to convince some Romans that they were going the wrong way, but they insisted that 'all roads lead to Roam' commenting on the road signs that pointed to 'roam' in all directions.
That is priceless. I nearly chocked up all my tea there, thank your subconscious for me, as I usually have a lack of laughter in the morning (and choking as well, but don't worry about that ).

You are quite right, that is an awesome dream.

~ Regaining humors in style Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 AM   #930
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I had a dream I was in some shop, looking at a calendar featuring half-naked men. On the front page was the name of the person who had taken the pictures, designed the calendar or whatever: Rune son of Bjarne (and his last name was there also, so there's no mistaking). I remember thinking "Oh dear, I never imagined Rune would do something like that."
Old 11-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #931
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I hope tp likes to play "Call of Duty 4" because he sure does in my dreams.

I was with tp and my friend, Mike, we were playing multi-player over the internet. Some how, it ended up to where it was us 3 against 6. Since we were outnumbered, and I was at the pathetic level 4, Mike was in the 30s, and tp was at a level I had no idea you could get to...the strategy became have me serve as canon fodder and just run around attracting as much attention as possible. While I was doing that Mike and tp would pick everyone off. Eventhough I died 38 times, we still won the match, and tp had a strange attraction to running up on people and knifing them.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #932
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Last night I had a dream I was in some shop, looking at a calendar featuring half-naked men. On the front page was the name of the person who had taken the pictures, designed the calendar or whatever: Rune son of Bjarne (and his last name was there also, so there's no mistaking). I remember thinking "Oh dear, I never imagined Rune would do something like that."
Couldn't help laughing, though...
Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #933
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I was meant to be meeting Nogrod and Lommie - but were stymied by the fact that Nogrod had written instructions on how to find them in a letter but his handwriting was impossible to read (no idea if this is true).
You're absolutely a psychic! That's so true. You would never get anywhere with my instructions if they were on handwriting... I'm worse than the proverbial doctors.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #934
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am sure that it can't be as bad as in the dream since I didn't know where to look and (presumably) Gordon Ramsay said "but there was a letter .. here it is " and I said "That's a letter?"

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 AM   #935
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a dream that I forgot to stop the Day in my ww-game (I thought that it was only 7pm my time, which is two hours before the deadline of my game) and I only realised it when an angry Nogrod called me an hour after the deadline... Encai was playing in my game and she posted a long complaint on the admin thread.

Modding is an unhealthy business, it seems to get to your dreams...
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #936
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I had a dream today that consisted of several parts. I don't remember all of it anymore, but some flashes:
- There was a new member at the forum, named something1234, who said that he/she is in fact an old member who had not been here for a long time. He/she commented that: "It has changed a lot here from 2002, (precise formulation following) it's not as saint here as it used to be." And continued: "I think we should stop calling each other Mr. and Mrs. on the forum and call each other Sir and Madam. I hope all the rockers are going to agree with that." Yes, that was very weird.
- My mobile operator once again invented some sort of special service for customers, that you send an SMS to them and one of the (live) operators calls one of your contacts and says something to them. Like: "Happy birthday". (Imagine that silliness, but maybe they would be capable of doing that.) In my dream, I accidentally used this service and sent one such a "message" to Lommy.
- Some Downers wrote that they have too much work as students nowadays, and everybody suddenly started to write that they support them and so on. Raynor wrote some sentence in an undecipherable language, only I remember that it featured one Czech word. He then explained that it is a blessing used in the east-european hasidism and that when one is making it, he has to focus on a piece of food. He wrote: "That's why I have a beefsteak in front of me now. Good luck."
Old 11-18-2007, 01:47 AM   #937
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I finally had my first Downs dream in several months. I'm sure there were a few more Downers involved, but since this was the last scene I saw before my mum pestered me into waking up, it's the only thing I remember.

My entire line of sight was covered by the Downs, as though I'm an ant looking at a computer monitor and it was all I could see. The thread opened was the Downs Newspaper. davem posted a news article about something, I forgot what it was, but it was dryly humorous. And then the next post came from Kath, who had a rather violent but still funny reaction to davem's news.

I don't know why davem was in my dream at all, but apparently it's perilous to my subconscious for me to be chatting with Kath at almost four in the morning.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:52 AM   #938
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Some nights ago I had a dream that Legate was the manager of the Swedish pop band Kent. (I remember wondering how on earth can he be as he does not know Swedish - as far as I know.) I was talking with Legate in MSN or something like that and I told him my mother had actually been to a concert of Kent's recently. He replied something like: "Oh, cool, tell her that if she has some special wish about which songs should Kent play when they come to Finland again later this year, she can send me an SMS and I'll see to it. The Might sends such requests daily, he's a big fan of Kent's, you know."

I have yet to discover how my subconscious works...
Old 11-19-2007, 01:56 AM   #939
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Great! But that's very interesting, I mean that manager thing - today I had a dream that you were a manager of a restaurant and I visited it with Nogrod. You were very busy, however, and did not have much time to be with us.

Oh: and no, of course I don't speak Swedish. I don't know a single word from it.

Anyway, it's just hilarious Free tickets, anyone?

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 11-19-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #940
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I saw a dream about our merry old WW. After Kath & Legate were lynched the game ended, so I wrote a long post with short paragraphs about whom I think to be the remaining wolf by analysing everybody. I also tried to assure the players that I'm playing for the innocents.

After it Mith threw an one-liner and agreed with something. Then Aganzir posted wandering if my post should be deleted or not, as the game had ended, I was dead, I knew the roles and it was a Night-phase. Shasta tossed in some comment, and then Mith again. By that time I noticed that maybe I shouldn't have written the post and changed it into "private" so that none could see it.

Well, if I would have died when Kath died, why can't I come alive if I'm already dead to begin with?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:59 AM   #941
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I dreamt that Naria was holding a party, even though she was really tired. She said she was only awake because she had drunk so much Battery (a Finnish energy drink). She also had a baby daughter and had to look after her as well, so she was rather not enjoying her party. Many 'downers were there, but I can't remember who.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:27 AM   #942
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a dreadfully bizarre dream the other night...

Rune, Legate and I were in a band and we had a performance at some seedy bar in Manchester. But all the other performers that were on before couldn't sing. Instead of words all the singers went, "Whhhrrraaeeearrreweaaarr!" continuously. Rune and Legate laughed ans said we would be the best of all the bands. But when we got on stage Rune (who was the singer) couldn't sing and just went "Whhhrrraaeeearrreweaaarr!".
I then deduced that there was a wizard in the room and challenged said wizard to show himself. Then Narffork stood up dressed as a blue wizard and started singing. He was then chased out.

Then I moved onto a different dream...
Old 11-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #943
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hookbill, thanks to you, a few fellow students cast me odd looks when I burst laughing aloud in the school library... That was just hilarious.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:52 AM   #944
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Great dream, Hookbill! I think some dreams should be written down as scenarios and then made as short movies or something. This has very close to a detective story

Just, what's up with me and all these music bands lately?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #945
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ok now this was a really weird one. I only remember parts of it but, boy is it weird. Ok so it was set in like a court room of some sort. I was on trial for something that had to do with a PT. The Barrow wight was the judge, well lets just say a glowing green ghost was the judge, everytime he moved or said anything he would let out a WOOOOO!! He was like, "ok Valier WOOOOOO!! Why on earth should we give you a title WOOOO?" Then there was at least a few others there I remember. Rune was there, but his hair and beard were so long you couldn't see his face and all he kept doing was mumbling and hacking up hair. Mith sat in the first row. I'm not sure what she really looks like but in my dream she was tall and had long brown hair and very piercing eyes. She kept arguing that I should be called frothy feline, while Gil-Galad who for some reason was dressed like a viking kept shouting Fiesty! Fiesty!! and running around in a circle. Also Volo was there but he was hiding under a chair. That's about all the people I remember. All I know was that it was really loud, everyone was arguing while I sat glued (yes literally) to my chair. The Barrow Wight finally yelled for all the nonsense to stop, which it did after one more FEISTY!! from Gil and a No No No she's FROTHY from Mith and a final Wooooooo from the Wight. The Wight turns to me and says well Valier, I really don't think your cool enough yet. Woooooo You must become cooler. Then I cried. Then everyone began arguing again.

Lol then I woke up. Weird huh?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #946
Volo

Wow! That's probably the craziest drem I've ever seen here.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #947
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Wow! That's probably the craziest drem I've ever seen here.
Yep, that's why I had to share it, and sorry you were under a chair....not quite sure why... Also the crying thing was weird...I don't cry often and certainly not because someone says I'm not cool enough.

Oh and the most hilarious thing about it was the Woooo noise from the BW. anyone ever watch Futurama? If so the episode where Bender turns into a human, then dies...the noise he makes when they roll him. (If you've seen it, you'll know) In the dream it was not funny, but now as I think of it, the more I remember the Wooo noise and it makes me laugh.

Last edited by Valier; 11-20-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #948
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Hookbill, if I didn't know better, I'd say you're a Seer and dreamt of three Werebalrogs, including the Balrog who Sings. Just how that's possible when you're one of the three... well, it's a dream. You can be anything you don't expect to be.

Legate - it's destiny.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:07 AM   #949
Volo

I had a dream that Rune wrote about moving to Finland for work in livejournal. He said he got a job in the district where my school is. He wrote it all in such a neutral tone that I was disappointed and didn't know if Rune even remembered that there are Downers in Helsinki. I tried to ask Rune using messenger if we could meet any day. By mistake I sent the message to a friend who is not even (maybe) listed in my messenger contacts. She answered with something like "I'm not a member of the Barrow-Downs".

So, Rune, confess!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #950
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am not moving to Finland, but I will confess that I had a lovely time when visited Helsinki. . .

I am thinking about going abroad (studying), but unless I want to take care of everything my self then I will have to chose between Poland, Germany and England.

England would be my nr. 1 choise.

So yeah no work in Finland for me, but maybe I will drop by again soon.

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 11-25-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #951
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I think I had a dream with Hookbill in it. At least at the moment when I was almost awake, my subconscious told me that he was somewhere in my dream.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:05 AM   #952
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I think I had a dream with Hookbill in it. At least at the moment when I was almost awake, my subconscious told me that he was somewhere in my dream.
Well, my subconscious controlling device is only in its parliamentary stages so... I mean, this has nothing to do with me and it was just a strange dream...

I think I got away with that...
Old 11-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #953
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a weird dream featuring Rikae and Mac again. I really don't know why, but they seem to get to my weirdest dreams.

In the dream I was talking with Mac and Agan in MSN. Mac wanted to send us a love song he and Rikae had made and sung to each other. I think it was pretty awwww-worthy so I told him to go on and send it. Rikae and Mac both sang pretty well, especially Mac who was a professional singer in the dream. So, when I first listened to the song I thought it was quite nice and cute. But the song didn't sem to stop. It just went on and on. After 6 or 7 minutes I started wondering if there was any polite way of saying I don't want to listen to it anymore. Right then Mac said: "Oh, listen, now comes the Spanish part." They both sang a few lines in Spanish and Mac complained that he really can't pronounce Spanish. I said that as far as I knew, he was doing fine.

I had also another dream where I was visiting Rikae's house. (Mac and Nogrod were also there.) Rikae lived in a big manor and she had a few servants of her own. We had a lavish dinner and I and Rikae talked about literature. I also ended up giving a lecture about the differences of what it means if a Finn says something's good and if an American says something's good. (Because Rikae thought I hated Margaret Atwood, who was her favourite author, because I had said I think her books are "quite good".)

PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
So yeah no work in Finland for me, but maybe I will drop buy again soon.
You should.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #954
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
But the song didn't sem to stop. It just went on and on. After 6 or 7 minutes I started wondering if there was any polite way of saying I don't want to listen to it anymore.
Oh dear! We can take a hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Rikae lived in a big manor and she had a few servants of her own. We had a lavish dinner and I and Rikae talked about literature. I also ended up giving a lecture about the differences of what it means if a Finn says something's good and if an American says something's good. (Because Rikae thought I hated Margaret Atwood, who was her favourite author, because I had said I think her books are "quite good".)
Manor? Servants? *ocl* Well, if by that you mean "tiny two bedroom house with the roof in desperate need of repair" and "three girls under the age of 8 smearing mud on the doorknobs", then yeah...
Margaret Atwood? I haven't read her in quite a while (actually, I covertly read my mother's copy of 'The Handmaid's Tale' when I was 8 or 9, until mom found out and took it away.) My favorite author at the moment is probably Virgina Woolf.... I just hope that doesn't influence people's subconscious impressions of me in Volo's game!
So, what DOES a Finn mean when she says something's good? And what does an American mean, for that matter?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #955
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So, what DOES a Finn mean when she says something's good? And what does an American mean, for that matter?
According to what I said in my dream, if a Finn says something's good s/he thinks it's good, but if an American says something's good, s/he actually doesn't like it so much, for if s/he really liked it, s/he'd say it's awesome or that s/he loves it... I'm not at all if this is so in RL but that's what I seemed to think in my dream.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 AM   #956
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
So I'm dreaming of being forced to dance on the backs of Galapagos sized snapping turtles in standing water. Normal enough, right?

But then I go into my grandparents' cabin and who should be sitting on the couch but Macalaure! Crazy!

On the far side of the cabin, in the kitchen, I see Rikae baking something with my grandma.

From the guest bedroomish direction, out walks Rikae's daughter, Lommy!

I hide my amazement and think to myself, they must either be secretly related to me, know my grandparents, or were driving along and got lost and my family invited them to stay forever.

So Rikae and Lommy went outside or something (but otherwise totally disappeared) and I tried to make polite conversation with Mac, but I'm conversationally inept around my family, so it was a little stilted.

"So I see we're playing werewolf together..."

"Yes."

And there was an awkward silence.

And then more sentences of the sort.

And then he started to talk in German, but I don't know German, and my grandmother yelled at me for being rude to the guests.

And I'm not entirely sure if my mother approved of me meeting all of you, even though you were visiting my grandparents.

Ahh, my mind.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #957
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Now, Fea, that was funny.

I had a dream that it was Rune's birthday and everybody wanted to send him video clips featuring Gimli from the LotR movies. Someone (Nerwen?) sent him a clip in which Galadriel, Legolas (I think I was him but I'm not sure) and Gimli were walking in a forest. Galadriel told Gimli to do various things and he always obeyed nicely. Then a white canine creature came and Galadriel said "now, Gimli, take that piece of meat from the warg" but I remember the creature looked suspiciously like a dog to me...
Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 AM   #958
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
"So I see we're playing werewolf together..."

"Yes."

And there was an awkward silence.
Sadly, that does sound quite like the kind of conversation one could have with me.

Why are you people dreaming of Rikae and me all the time? Give us some privacy!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #959
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Today, I had a Downish dream. I had several even in the days before, but I don't remember them. From the one I had today I remember only two episodes: First, I was talking in French with Lhuna and it was really very bad as I did not seem to be able to put together a simple sentence. Second, Lommy complained in a PM that I received from her (as response to my PM), that I did not use enough smileys in that PM I sent her.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #960
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Second, Lommy complained in a PM that I received from her (as response to my PM), that I did not use enough smileys in that PM I sent her.

The night before last night I had a long and vague un-BD dream which featured a short episode with Mithalwen as a fairy godmother living in a creepy ghost manor full of spider webs and Nogrod playing a strategy computer game called "Commodus" against Legate in the internet.