The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #1401
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
In a way, though, I personally think they're hiding out somewhere. Probably in the infamous rucksack...
So that's why Rune's been always carrying it! Maybe he is smuggling them all around the world...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #1402
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
In it, we Finnish 'downers had visited Brinn's home a long time ago in winter. Every now and then, Brinn had posted pictures of a churchyard near her home in Facebook. One day, she posted a new pic. The churchyard was filled with snow. "Yay, now it looks more like it should look like," I commented and somehow stepped into the picture and then I was in the churchyard. Brinn was there (and she had taken a really long hair extension, by the way). We were both very happy to see each other and hugged. Then, Greenie, Aganzir, Volo and Legate popped into the churchyard as well. "What are you doing here?" I asked, for as far as I knew, they were supposed to be in our summer cottage. The others looked at Legate, and in the end, he spoke up, scratching his ear: "I just heard Brinn calling me in the distance. We followed the call and it pulled us here." Then all the six of us went for a walk around the churchyard and after that - I think - we went to have hot chocolate in a nearby café. Needless to say, it was a very pleasant dream.
That does sound like a lovely dream. So lovely that I wish it'd all come true (the hair extension part too)....even if I don't live near a churchyard.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #1403
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
So that's why Rune's been always carrying it! Maybe he is smuggling them all around the world...
It is a quite tiresome job, but it pays well.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #1404
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
That does sound like a lovely dream. So lovely that I wish it'd all come true (the hair extension part too)....even if I don't live near a churchyard.
Move closer to some then and let's do it!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 08-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #1405
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, I had a weird dream tonight, and I hope I will be able to put it together well, although I sure forgot something of it.

I was going to the US, respectively, according to where it was on the map, it would be somewhere in the center of Canada, but it was the US. Kath was living there. It took me one day to go through dense forest to her house, which was a large family-house partially made of glass, had two or three floors and was full of lustres and very noble-looking inside. Kath invited me inside, but I said that I want to go instead to the old garage which was located under the hill on which the house stood, and said that I am going to wait there for Brinn, Volo, Aganzir, A Little Green, Lommy and their RL friend, Annina, who were to come. So we went to the old garage, which was falling apart and a very old car from the 50s was standing there. Suddenly all the expected Downers started to come, one by one or by two at maximum. When Volo and Aganzir came, they started to speculate about using the car to go somewhere, and when Little Green came there, she became all enthusiastic and started even polishing the car so that it's nice when we drive it (the RL friend of theirs was just hanging around and kept telling them that it's all nonsense). Then suddenly there was a bus stop and I said that I am not going to go with them but wait for the bus to come. And that's about all of it.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:35 PM   #1406
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A while ago I had a long and rather complicated BD dream but I can't recall all of it. I remember it included Rune being somehow physically disabled (paralysed or something) and being very much like (both personality and looks) Eustace from Narnia. He was rather annoying and insisted on being carried everywhere. Then, also, Angela Merkel was chasing me, Legate, Volo and Greenie around Helsinki at some phase. Originally, Agan had invited her to join our company, but the four of us (especially Volo and I) were against the idea, so we ran away and she followed... Also, this all had something to do with tp writing a relationship guide and dedicating it to Fea, Eomer and Cailín...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #1407
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Now that the game is over I can tell my Werewolf dream!

Some of the quotes may be off a bit, but they should give the general idea of things.

Lommy and I were doing our usual Night plotting, but for some reason we were in her computer room (I have no clue how I got to Finland). Greenie was in there too and we were letting her in on everything (this was after we found out she was a Cobbler).

Then Nog opened the door and asked "What are you guys doing in here?" We said we weren't doing anything, and he started to shut the door. Then he realized that I was there and he stepped inside. "Phantom?!" "Yes, it's me" And we embraced and shook hands and started joking about the Middle-Earth soccer tournament.

But then he looked at me weird and said "What are you doing here?" I was worried that he was going to figure out that Lommy and I were Wolves and would tell everyone (he was still alive in my dream), but Lommy tried to come up with a cover story real fast. "He's here to see Greenie. She likes him."

Greenie backed her sister's story up, but I whispered to Lommy "That's not going to help things", and sure enough, Nog glared at me and said "Greenie, you're grounded." And then he pointed at me and said "I'm gonna lynch you tomorrow!" and stormed off down the hall.

So we decided we had to kill him that night. For some reason killing him in the game involved going downstairs and getting his laptop and logging him out of The Barrow-Downs. Lommy and I were happy then but Greenie said something like "That's not fair! You're killing people and I get grounded!"

And then to top things off we heard a knock at the door, and it was Mac! For some reason he was dressed in brown robes, and resembled Obi-Wan Kenobi. He stepped inside and put his hood down and said "I'm sorry Phantom, but we're going to have to kick you out of the game. People have complained that they wanted to play longer, but you keep killing them. Lalaith in particular was very upset about dying so soon."

I tried to argue, pointing out that I was doing my job, and that Lommy had been in on it too, but he said "Sorry, but the complaints have only mentioned you." (How the people knew that I was a WW is beyond me.)

Then I woke up. Very weird.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:57 AM   #1408
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Now, phantom, that is simply hilarious....
Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #1409
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Indeed How comes, so complex, so crazy, so funny
Old 09-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #1410
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Indeed How comes, so complex, so crazy, so funny
He must've made it up.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #1411
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
He must've made it up.
The quotes are partly invention, because I simply cannot remember exactly what was said. But I've not altered the events nor the meaning of the quotes, I promise you.

They say that sometimes our dreams can uncover the truths of reality. I believe it, and so I wonder what sorts of truths we can harvest from my journey into the mystical world of slumber.

1) Mac has special powers, and would make an excellent mentor for a youngster destined to save the galaxy.

2) Lalaith hates me.

3) Lommy is willing to kill her own family for person gain.

4) It's simply not meant to be, Greenie. Nog would ground you, and he'd kill me. Now if it were the other way around I'd be willing to take the risk, but as it is, I'm afraid we'll just have to be friends.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #1412
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Well, if my BD dreams came true then... lets just not go there... too much cheese and tea before bed...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #1413
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I dreamt that Groin removed his account permanently and all his posts where thus deleted automatically. I remember thinking: "Now that is a very stupid thing to do, just leave like that with no reason. Besides, now that all his posts are gone, how are the RPGs supposed to make sense anymore?"

It was weird...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #1414
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I dreamt that Groin removed his account permanently and all his posts where thus deleted automatically. I remember thinking: "Now that is a very stupid thing to do, just leave like that with no reason. Besides, now that all his posts are gone, how are the RPGs supposed to make sense anymore?"
Call me silly call me crazy, but at least I'd be remembered if I went like that!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:53 AM   #1415
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I dispute point 2.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:13 AM   #1416
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

As bizarre dreams go... This was pretty bizarre...

Rune, Diamond and I were, for some reason, trying to gain entry into an 'exclusive' golf club. It turned out to be run by the phantom who lead us into a field with a few other people, mostly wearing suits. phantom explained that they have a very strict selection system because they like to 'keep the riff Raf out'.
So he began to administer his tests. First everyone had to jog on the spot. Then he flung a rugby ball towards the people. One man leaped up and grabbed it and began shouting. Phantom nodded to some security people who dragged the man away. Rolling his eyes, phantom said, "Rugby player. We always get one!"
He then ran at Rune and almost kicked him between the legs. Naturally, he attempted to protect himself. Therefore, phantom signaled for him to be taken to where the rugby player was standing.
Phantom then yelled out abuse until one old man broke down and began crying. He was dragged away as phantom sighed and said, "divorced, eh?"
There were a few tests I obviously missed because when I looked the crowd of 'rejects' was getting larger. Now they were tying some Police cordon tape around them.
The final test was about to begin, everyone still jogging on the spot. Diamond and I nervously glanced around. The phantom began shouting out random noises like "bloo blah blee guurrnn..." and blowing raspberries. Diamond and I tried desperately not to laugh. We were saved when an old fat man in a grey suit jogged out of the line up to the phantom with a baffled face.
"Ah, Mr Davis," said the phantom, "I think you know where to go." the man nodded and jogged towards the rejects. While the phantom began giving out congratulations to the remaining applicants, Mr. Davis had missed the rejects and was now jogging off into the distance.

We never did get to play golf...
Old 09-07-2008, 04:56 AM   #1417
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
A night ago I had a dream including, once again, Rune.

For some reason I was hanging around with some of my local friends in a cafeteria and Rune came by. He still had long hair, so I told him: "I knew the photo you posted in lj was a fake". Then we went to play paper telephone with him and my other friends. I got a sentence that was something like "He had never been on a ship before, but many times on a boat, so this was his first time." I drew the deck of Viking Line and on top of one big pipe another smaller ship. I thought my picture was brilliant.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #1418
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Getting kicked between the legs and have my hair re-grown in one night. . .how lucky can one guy be!?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #1419
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
There was a picnic table. Around it sat Mithalwen, Lal, somebody, davem, Mac, Rikae, TGWBS. Nearby was Rune, and Volo was wandering around.

"Wow," I said, "Look! Volo cut his hair too!"

Volo stumbled along carrying an armful of wood as we inspected his Cate Blanchett-in-Indiana-Jones haircut.

"Oh, wow," I gasped, suddenly remembering, "Lal, I had a dream with you and davem and Jay in it!"

Lal asked what I dreamed about.

"In my dream," my dream self answered, "I told you and davem and Jay that I'd gone to Surrey."

"What did I say?" she asked, sipping her iced tea. I sat lazily, draped on my bench, my feet up with my back to the wall.

"You said, 'Why the [-] would ya do that?'" I laughed.

Mith, who was a good thirty years older than I've been imagining (sorry, my darling, it's not my fault...), laughed and said very primly, "Quite a good response, that."
Old 09-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #1420
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well you got the aversion to Surrey right .

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #1421
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oy, what's wrong with Surrey?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #1422
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well it has good shopping, I'll grant you that..and Wimbledon ... has to be a good side to being the "Gin and Jag belt" and choc full of Stockbrokers ....

I always think of Margo and Jerry Leadbetter from the Good Life ...

Old 09-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #1423
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oh my! I just noted the phantom's dream... How real can they get?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #1424
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I had a very short BD-Dream just now (woke up 15 min. ago).

It was very uneventful: TGEW wrote an LJ entry where she complained that Mac had been quite unhelpful and only wanted to state the obviouse, that Lal had been outright rude just because she could not make it work. It was kind of implicit what she was writting about and in my dream I knew it, but just as I was going to make her elaborate my alarm rang. . . For a few seconds I considered skipping my lectures ,so that I could finnish the dream.

What suprised me about this dream was that it involved TGEW, a downer I have had little dealings with. Maybe this was a result of me looking through her photos on Spybook the other day. . .

Old 09-10-2008, 03:17 AM   #1425
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Oh my!
STOP THAT!!!

However, tonight I had a weird dream, and now that you reminded me of tp's dream, I realise there's something in common... although I already forgot about that one! Anyway... in my dream, Eönwë wrote in a thread something like professions of love to A Little Green. My conclusions from seeing his post were: okay, now he's obviously completely crazy and silly, because A) he doesn't realise that nobody cares about his ramblings, B) he doesn't realise that Greenie didn't express any feelings towards him. Silly one, he just misinterpretated the fact that she wrote in two of her posts, where she was replying to him, something like "kisses" and "hugs", but that was just the usual way for her to end her posts, and in one of the posts she probably wrote it also because she wanted the post not to look too offensive because otherwise she disagreed with him there. Then I caught myself thinking how old the two of them are. And then I woke up.

Apologies to the concerned ones. I have no idea how it happened to come upon the two of you...
Old 09-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #1426
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
STOP THAT!!!
Sorry...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #1427
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a dream that BW himself had a couple of BD dreams and posted them here. I don't remember all of them, but one was something like Nogrod wanting to poison me. It was supposed to be an honour killing, or something. Greenie and Legate were related to it too.

Now, I wonder, how sick has your subconscious to be if it assumes someone else's subconscious would come up with ghastly things like honour killings?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #1428
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a really bizarre dream last night which also had a few Downs-related parts.

I was planning to travel to Bulgaria and had a map of Europe with me. The map was quite out of ordinary, though - as if it wasn't a map but rather a picture taken of a globe, for the perspective was really weird. It had Bulgaria located by the Baltic Sea. I couldn't speak any Bulgarian and didn't know where to look for a dictionary, so I decided to call Brinn and ask if she could scan and send me a few pages of her Europe travel guide where there were some random useful phrases in different European languages. However, she replied to me: "You silly, don't you remember that I left the book and my bag for you in Finland?"

And suddenly I was sitting on the metro with a friend and noticed that Brinn's bag was on the opposite seat. I found the book there easily and tore off a page with some Bulgarian phrases. Then I put it back in the bag and got off the metro. I considered taking the bag with me since Brinn had left it for us to keep until she could return to claim it, but as it was quite heavy I just concluded "Nah, why bother, I can always go and pick it up later at the lost property office."

Then I was in my room with at least Greenie, and suddenly my father came there shouting that he didn't like the Soviet music I listen to, took a cd from my table and left. I tried to explain that the songs on the cd had been composed before the Soviet Union was even established, but he wouldn't listen.
We had been sitting by my laptop all the time, and then we noticed that Rune had started a thread on the Mirth forum, asking people in how many songs they had seen his name. We were going to leave somewhere with our friends, but Greenie and I wanted to write down all the songs we could remember before we left so we were already late (funny, because usually it's us two who are in time). I remembered only The Runes Are Still Alive by Sonne Hagal, but she just kept coming up with new ones.

Then, suddenly, we (Nog, Greenie, Lommy, me, and probably also two other friends of ours) were at Nog's summer cottage. It was autumn, the trees were red, the air was chilly and it was incredibly beautiful. Everybody else but me was wearing a shabby Father Christmas costume and I was sad because I didn't have one. At least Brinn and Rune, I cannot remember who else, were going to come there, too, and we were waiting for them.

That's about it.

xed with Lommy
Old 09-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #1429
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Now, I wonder, how sick has your subconscious to be if it assumes someone else's subconscious would come up with ghastly things like honour killings?
I would say that was time by your standards.....

Mith

(whose life is seldom unthreatened in Lommie's drems).

Old 09-25-2008, 04:23 AM   #1430
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I had a dream I was at the theatre watching Hamlet and Laertes was played by davem.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #1431
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I had my first dream that I remembered in months last night, and it figures there would be a BDer involved.

I was doing something with Brinniel, which I blame on the fact that I printed some of my summer pictures yesterday, and this included my visit. I'm not sure anymore, but I think we might have been travelling somewhere to meet another BDer, but who? I know not.

Anyway, were stopped at what I can only describe as some sort of a 1950s diner in the middle of swamp in the middle of a very dune-y desert. Think something like a Cajun oasis in Utah...

Although I'm sure we stopped there to eat, we ordered off the menus because the menus were themselves rather strange. Instead of having food on them, they contained instructions that, for some reason or another we had to follow in order to get our food. It might have been magic...

Whatever the case was, Brinn read ahead first, and apparently the first instruction had to involve a falsehood, and she said "My gun is not loaded and it is a rifle." At this point, she pulled a pretty lady's handgun out of her purse and pointed in demonstration. I remember being vaguely shocked that Brinn was so nonchalant with her gun, though the fact that she owned one was one that my brain seemed to think was perfectly normal.

I believe I was in the middle of going through my first set of instructions when I woke up...
Old 09-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #1432
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boots

Okay, this dream probably doesn't amuse you, unless you've played the Middle-Earth: The Wizards card game, or enjoy the idea of Rune as Tom Bombadil (or worse, both ). Anyway, some time ago, I dreamt that Rune was TB and I was Frodo and I came to his house. Tom Bombadil's house was a place in the card game (even though it isn't in reality, at least I think it isn't). It was a place of the category border holds. Rune Bombadil found it absurd and claimed it should be a "wilderness hold". I explained that "wilderness holds" don't exist in the game and that it makes perfect sense, since the only danger that can threaten you in Tom Bombadil's house is that if other travellers stopping there are thieves. Any dangerous things that could attack in a "wilderness hold" if such existed wouldn't make sense, because Tom Bombadil's power over the life in his realm would undo them. Rune Bombadil wasn't convinced and continued eating honey cakes and drinking beer.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #1433
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I had a very short BD-Dream just now (woke up 15 min. ago).

It was very uneventful: TGEW wrote an LJ entry where she complained that Mac had been quite unhelpful and only wanted to state the obviouse, that Lal had been outright rude just because she could not make it work. It was kind of implicit what she was writting about and in my dream I knew it, but just as I was going to make her elaborate my alarm rang. . . For a few seconds I considered skipping my lectures ,so that I could finnish the dream.

What suprised me about this dream was that it involved TGEW, a downer I have had little dealings with. Maybe this was a result of me looking through her photos on Spybook the other day. . .
That's interesting, I don't even have a LJ but okay... But I don't think I would be complaining about Mac or Lal...
Old 09-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #1434
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh my, what kind of a weird dream is that?

Quote:
I explained that "wilderness holds" don't exist in the game and that it makes perfect sense, since the only danger that can threaten you in Tom Bombadil's house is that if other travellers stopping there are thieves.
But sure you wouldn't think of this argument in real (outside the dream)? Because the idea of several parties of visitors meeting inside Bombadil's house is just ridiculous... The famous Hotel Bombadil?

Although for some reason it sounds possible, eventually, for you to think about such thing... like, such thing could happen for example in a bad M-E RPG scenario...
Old 09-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #1435
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Plane tickets to Finland aren't cheap... poor college student... If the invitation remains open for a few years and doesn't exclude me...
Fea's post in I met a fellow BDer reminded me of my first ever BD dream which I thought might be appropriate to post here at last. The funny thing is that I had it about half a year before I joined the Downs.

In the dream Fea came to Finland. For some reason I met her while Lommy was still at school. She chatted with me about Downers.
"Sleepy called Lommy accidentally Thinlolmien a while ago," she told me, "and now everybody just calls her Lol."
That's the only thing I still remember though I reckon she told me other things as well.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #1436
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow, I'm surprised you remember you dreams from that long ago, Aganzir! I can barely remember mine after three days.

Last night I dreamed that I was visited by a horde of Downers (I know, scary isn't it). I remember myself leaning over my desk, reading a book or studying something, when there came a rapping at my bedroom door. Opening the door I found Rune and Legate standing at my door with party hats on; they smiled and walked right passed me. They started talking about something very loudly when there came another knock. I answered the door again and there stood Thinlomien, Little Green, Aganzir, and Lady Great. They all yelled: "surprise," Little Green then threw confetty at me, then they rushed in screaming. The next thing I know there are dozens of people at my door and they all come flooding in until the room is jammed packed, then everyone started screaming and jumping up and down. Next thing I know I'm on the floor and all the walls in my bedroom have fallen down!

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 10-03-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #1437
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

So now you know how Bilbo felt.

I don't remember all my dreams this long, only some special ones (ie very good, bad or funny). I doubt I would have remembered that one, had I been a member of the Downs already back then, but since I wasn't... Well. Though one non-Downer friend of mine has had several BD dreams as well so it's not anything that special.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:46 AM   #1438
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I dreamt that I went to visit Groin at his place because we had to plan an RPG together. He lived alone in a small apartment in a block of flats. When I came in, two black and white cats came to greet me. My first comment was: "Nice cats. Your home is quite messy." Groin made no reply and I realised I hadn't been very polite, so I amended: "But it's a nice place, it would even be quite tidy if there weren't all those plastic bags around." Groin didn't say anything this time either, so I concluded I had been a little tactless again. Then, I started wondering which 'downers I would enjoy living with, the list was something like Aganzir, Legate, Diamond, Eomer, Sally and Shasta. My reasoning was something like I was sure they'd arrange great parties...
Old 10-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #1439
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Wow, I'm surprised you remember you dreams from that long ago, Aganzir! I can barely remember mine after three days.

Last night I dreamed that I was visited by a horde of Downers (I know, scary isn't it). I remember myself leaning over my desk, reading a book or studying something, when there came a rapping at my bedroom door. Opening the door I found Rune and Legate standing at my door with party hats on; they smiled and walked right passed me. They started talking about something very loudly when there came another knock. I answered the door again and there stood Thinlomien, Little Green, Aganzir, and Lady Great. They all yelled: "surprise," Little Green then threw confetty at me, then they rushed in screaming. The next thing I know there are dozens of people at my door and they all come flooding in until the room is jammed packed, then everyone started screaming and jumping up and down. Next thing I know I'm on the floor and all the walls in my bedroom have fallen down!
Yes, the suprise was that we where infact a demolishing crew disguised as a party!

Old 10-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #1440
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I totaly forgot to tell you about my BD dream that I dreamt last night.

The dream started with me being back in Oxford: The Oxonmoot had just finnished and I was saying goodbye to Kath, she got on a bus and drove away. I not knowing what to do walked up and down the streets of Oxford and after having seen most of the city I went in to a cafe and had a cup of coffee, which is odd as I cannot stand coffee. . . I was looking out the glass door when the landscape all of the sudden changed, I was now in Wisconsin!
All of the sudden I saw Kath waiting at a bus-stop, I walked over too her, but she was very angry to see me. For some reason she was upset that I got to Wisconsin faster than her, we then sat down at table outside a restaurant called "Kohl's" (I don't know why Kohl's had changed into a restaurant) where Di worked. Di came to our table and sat down next to us and we all looked at the menu-card which where in two different languages, the one was an Anglo-German hybrid and the other was Franco-Dutch hybrid and we were very unsuccesfull in trying to translate it. Kath then turned into a man I have never seen before, he had some very strange hair and after a while I got the impression that it was Di's boyfriend. . .

Then I woke up
Not a very interesting dream.