The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 AM   #241
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Most of the fellowship seemed to be coming and going so there seemed to be no permanent group anywhere to be found but after seeing that the others were within the range of his deep and echoing voice Tom bursted to sing. It seemed he was irrevocably back to his good moods now that he could wander under the sunny sky amidst the flowers, trees, butterflies and birds.

"Hey dol! Merry dol! Tom is fine!
Hey dol! Merry dol! Now some wine!
For two of you
I believe are true
and from three just one
needs to be gone!

Sing along, hop along!
Rum - dum - tum!
Jump along, ding-a-dong!
Hey - ho - hum!"

Tom sat down under a giant birch but didn't stop his singing.

"This much my mind has noted:
the way the traitors have voted
lord Elrohir from Elrond's house
his innocence sems to announce.
It seems Halbarad was after him
with fervor, not with lights dimmed
and even Radagast trying to be so kind
did him the most suspicious find.
For he sure seemed to be an easy prey
for those on the darker shade of grey.

Also fair Galadriel your mistake
looks more genuine than a fake:
confusing points made by the eorling
to suspect a fellow already himself defending
looks both risky and so unbelievable
that I'll trust the conspiracy to be a fable.
Even if Halbarad went to and fro in the end with thee
I'd hold you first and foremost from my suspicions free."

Even if he might have been seen intoxicated to an outside observer he had indeed held his wineskin closed all day. Now he uncorked it and took a long draught to help him think the matters over for good.

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-31-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM   #242
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"I do apologize for the misunderstanding, Lady Galadriel. The implication of my last statement was unclear. I only meant to point out that I find your actions to indeed be an honest mistake, and not intentional treachery. In short, I still find you innocent, despite the attempt on Tom Bombadil's life yesterday.

"My friends, although i know I will be in your midst throughout the day, I feel no need to withhold my vote. As I have stated, I trust three of you without doubt, which perhaps will give you insight as to why I feel confident in my decision. As for the other two of you, masters Elrohir and Ironfoot, you still puzzle me slightly; though as I have mentioned, the actions of the other traitors seem to counter my suspicions of Elrohir. Thus I will cast my vote to release

++Dáin II. Ironfoot

from our company. And now, my companions, I leave you to your thoughts." Theodred shook his head and quickly walked away. His decision had been made, and he was confident in it; it was now up to the others to decide the fate of the fellowship.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 AM   #243
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Why all this silence?" Dain asked, "Do you still morn for Gildor back in Moria? I pray that you don't, rather you should rejoice and thank the Valar that such an elf has lived. His words yesterDay were not in vain, and we can still pick up the peices from were he left off."

Dain was recounting the words of the fellowship yesterDay from one of his companions when he came across the words of master Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
"But at least one thing I will tell you if I'm not around toMorrow. And that is why I have not talked about our master dwarf until now. He was over-eager to support me and to trust my words and overjoyed to hear me talk on the first Day - and on the second as well. It was puzzling but I thought he might have been the seer who had had a dream on the Night before and knew I am innocent. A little clumsy seer - or overenthusiastic to press his point - but anyhow. Now he has turned his mind a full round as it starts to look possible that I might indeed be voted off. And how come he starts the same thing with master Gildor here affirming everything he says so as to be in good terms and not gather suspicion?
"Master Bombadil," Dain roared looking up suddenly at Tom with a look that would have made lesser men shrink. "I must say that I am indeed surprised at you! You wait until after I have left and voted against you to accuse me, rather than speaking when I was there to defend myself! Did you think that you could sway the vote against while I was gone, then let me ask you this: why haven't you brought it up before? Indeed it was as I said yesterDay before I left, you go after the ones who will not defend themselves, or in this case cannot defend themselves." Dain was mad with rage

"You ask me why I was overjoyed to here you and Gildor speak on many occasions, have I not expressed my opinion of Gildor being the wisest of our company? Would it not be suspicious for me to doubt his and your words? I think that you would have to accuse almost everyone of the sin of trusting Gildor's words, but unlike the rest, when I make a decision I stick with it!"

EDIT: X'd with Tom Bombadil and Theodred
Old 03-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Iarwain had learned to trust the young and even a bit reckless eorling during the days the company had wandered through perilous terrain and even if he had decided to take a closer look at him toDay (and he would do it indeed) he was seeing the wisdom in his vote on the dwarf. For he had indeed spent some time with thinking about Dain's actions and words this far and reached similar conclusions. And if he trusted the lady and the elf-lord already, could't see the Uruk but as too bold for a conspirator and tended to trust the young marshall of Mark it left him with the same top suspicion - and there indeed were things he had found alarming with the dwarf.

He would give it thought - if he could turn it to a song - but anyway he was ready to state why he susected Daín could be their last traitor. He fell into himself searching for the words...

X'd with Daín
Old 03-31-2008, 08:23 AM   #245
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"I can see that we will not be getting much discussion today," Dain said with a sigh. "Therefore I will be content with pondering everyone's words, for toDay is a difficult day of voting."
Old 03-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #246
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daín
"I must say that I am indeed surprised at you! You wait until after I have left and voted against you to accuse me, rather than speaking when I was there to defend myself! Did you think that you could sway the vote against while I was gone, then let me ask you this: why haven't you brought it up before? Indeed it was as I said yesterDay before I left, you go after the ones who will not defend themselves, or in this case cannot defend themselves."
Tom heard the raging dwarf and walked to meet him.

"My good dwarf. You can't expect everyone to wait for the person they suspect to come back to the others to voice their suspicions. Otherwise those not being around for the most of the time could never be suspected. You should speak when you come to think about things.

And I think I told you all already why I didn't bring that up earlier. As I thought you might be our seer it would have been most foolish to voice that aloud and thence help the traitors to pick their most wanted victim.

I go for those who I find suspicious. And so should everyone else do."

Tom nodded to the dwarf courtially and looked at him to the eye. "But what comes to the matter of trusting master Gildor or me earlier, I'd not say it was just a pointing out of reliability but a try to rub someone right so that he would not suspect you as it feels good to be praised... In this kind of situation one can't afford blind trust but only reasoned ones and even those one should take with a pinch of salt."

EDIT: X'd with Daín again
Old 03-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #247
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's see what our dear dwarf had to say about the traitor Halbarad:

Day1

After lord Gildor managed to suspect the two...
Quote:
Originally Posted by post #40
Although I do not find Gildor's words to be of an evil nature, I do wish that she would provide deeper incite than just a gut feeling of dread of the ranger Halbarad and I.
Here Halbarad was leading in the votes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by post #81
All this talk about lynching Halbarad is nonesense if you ask me. He is quite yes, but I still have to see some proven evidence against him. All we have now are a few gut feelings, this is no for any man to die: lynched on a bad feeling!
Day2

After Lobelia, Gildor and Eomer had suspected Halbarad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post #136
Halbarad, he's a very quite figure, but has spoken enough for me to have an opinion of him. He's on my list of suspicious characters, but he is at the bottom of it. His defence is an fair one and indeed if he is a traiter than he is a sloppy one.
Day3
After there had ben some new suspicions on Halbarad and I had brought him openly as my choice (alongside Uglúk)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by post #199
Halbarad, he is sloppy and his words are often taken out of context, but he always comes back with a satisfying response, but not entirely satisfying.
"Let those formulations and situation talk for themselves."

He has clearly avoided speaking of Radagast, although it's interesting to notice that he begins quite early with this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by post #40
I wish that Gandalf would speak, we need his say in the matter, but we have Galadriel and Radagast. Galadriel, my fair lady, you give advice only when spoken to and this is disturbing.
which kind of leaves him nicely the one to be trusted.

After that he only says once he doesn't have an opinion about him yet (#136) and afterwards announces he hadn't the slightest that Radagast was a traitor.

It's also interesting to see that he has casted the first vote to both those innocents who had been voted out this far (on Day1 to Gandalf and on Day2 to Lobelia - and he casted the first vote to myself on Day3 and almost made it once again...) so he's clearly looking around and making safe votes eg. voting those who have gained suspicion and making his votes early enough so that he can suspect others of bandwaggoning.

I hold this most suspicious indeed but I will a bit later look at Uglúk and Theodred as well so this is not my final word but those two need to turn out quite ugly if I were to change my mind."

EDIT: Don't call for discussion if you're not ready to have it yourself master dwarf... you knew I was around but still decided to just go away while implying it's the others who don't wish to discuss...
Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #248
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
When Galadriel returned again she asked for those still remaining with the group to follow her to a more suitable place for debate, as they walked Galadriel said to the people following. “Worry not for those who are not with us, they will be send for” She now lead them to a mighty tree. “We are going up there she said”. They all looked up the tree but could see no way of getting up there and so turned to Galadriel, but she was not to be seen. The fellowship felt uneasy about her mystical disappearance, but before too long an young (relatively) elf came up to them and showed them the way to the great talan where the hall of Galadriel stood, inside they that seats and food had been prepared for them. Galadriel her self was also there and she asked them to sit “I found this place more fitting for our last debate in Lothlorien and let me start it while you all eat”

Firstly I will speak of Iarwain as I have done so many times before: Just before the death of Halbarad he constantly changed his opinion on me, which seemed a bit odd and convinced me I had made the right choise. The Halbarad turned out to be a traitor and that changed everything, so I have to look at Iarwain’s final acts again. When it looked like he might get lynched he voted for Halbarad, this seems to be an innocent act. . .why not go for a person he knew innocent? As I said it looks innocent. . .but of course this could be a carefully planned scheme for the one who survived to look innocent, but why would Halbarad then vote for me that is the thing that throws me off. Anyways I think I shall give Iarwain the benefit of the doubt today.

What of Ugluk? The orc he has made very little sence for a long time now and I have been suspicious of him ever since he supported Gildor’s analysis without concluding anything. Since that he has ignored my words completely and continued in the same manner, I would not mind sending him home to the mountains!

I see the tide is turning on our dear Dwarven Lord and I can understand the accusations against him, yet I am a bit reluctant to vote for his departure. He does seem to take the easy road at times, but for some reason I find his way of reasoning appealing and so I would rather put my vote on the orc.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Is it the awe and wonder of this place or what makes the others this quiet?" Tom opened his mouth after seeing no one else would do it.

"How much you wonder... or fear this place", he glanced at Daín, Uglúk and Theodred, "do not let it seal your lips."

He then rose up from the seat he had been given and started to walk around slowly fallen into his thoughts reflecting what lady Galadriel had said.

"I see you are worried about the Uruk. And I do not blame you for it, at least in here. It has been an act of generosity from your race to let him enter in the first place. And I can see it that as a product of art he hates all those born free and why that would give us the reason to suspect him. And he hasn't been the most co-operative member of our fellowship either. But what I fear is that it's his nature to be monomaniac like that and to be openly aggressive when he thinks he has gotten a target and not being able to widen his scope. It's sad but maybe the explanation to his behaviour.

I will fall back to my memories trying to look what he has actually done - like I will try to retract the steps of this young Théodred before it's time to make decisions. We can end this treachery here, remember. And at the moment I think a treacherous Uglúk would have been smoother."

Tom bowed to the lady and lord Celeborn and then retreated back to his seat.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #250
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"What first catches my eye in Uglúk is that early on our first Day of travel he made a speech where he discussed generalities and criticised me of speaking lots of nonsense and nothing serious, like not talking about the traitors among us - which I indeed find a bit unfair accusation looking back at how little had been said that far then. But anyway. He then ends his speech with this totally separate sentence:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglúk #21
I also see that Radagast has yet to comment on the traitors among us.
and that was only little after a lengthy speech by Radagast and where he had openly suspected me of not talking about the traitors. Now were they in cahoots together this kind of pointing out would be totally unnecessary and unwanted not the least because Radagast's clear tactics seemed to be not suspecting anyone. And as there had been no major suspicions either it would be reckless indeed.

With the same breath I admit that Radagast tended to speak a lot in favor of him that first Day especially - like he was trying to shelter him from any attacks that would have been hurled towards him because of his race. It was easy for him as he could make an appeal to Saruman's judgement and pretty sneaky if they were traitors together.

When the second Day of talking started he quite justifiedly criticizes myself and Gildor for voting Gandalf even if we knew him well enough - well not taking account that he actually behaved much more weirdly and irresponsaibly we have ever seen him act. But then he catches my eye once again for adding to that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglúk #95
Halbarad does seem quite the suspicious one, but then again, he's fairly new to this sort of thing and bound to make mistakes. I'm not letting him out of my sight at all, but he's not at the top of my list either.
which is exactly the round about way of discussing a fellow... or then he just got carried away with the way he could spot the styles of some of us in the fellowship?

After starting his obsession on Elrohir's vote and voting for me because my vote on Gandalf he then starts the third Day with a theory of myself and Radagast as mates - where my suspicion of Radagast was a way to signal to him to start behaving less supiciously. It remains to be seen what his reasoning to it was as it was then a few moments before the deadline and basically no one had openly suspectet the wizard who then died in the hands of mighty Eomer. He then continues with his questioning of Elrohir and then says this about Halbarad:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglúk #182
And Halbarad, I'm really not sure I can honestly keep letting you off the hook for this long.
which again looks like a traitor feeling a need to address the case of the other but with reluctance - and after all that promise didn't lead anywhere...

For he then next announces that he doesn't suspect Halbarad anymore and will concentrate on me. But his "cases" keep being as sham as you can see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglúk #192
Interestingly, Tom Bombadil called Halbarad suspicious for not contributing much to the discussion. This was after the Ranger had already made the point that Tom's singing could be used to confuse discussion. He's been making arguments, so how is he not contributing to the discussion?
which I find faulty indeed as I couldn't consider Halbarad's thought an argument any more than our lady Galadriel speaking in a certain tone that is hers - or the young Eomer speaking the way he does. I sing because I am Bombadil and they speak as they do because of who they are. Anyone can hide behind anything: a role, a habit, a principle... And btw. I think I actually defended Halbarad a few times on the first Days just because he was doing something - unlike some others!

After speculating with Radagast's words, reminded to us by Gildor, he then votes for me once again.

ToDay he has seconded himself in saying that he wouldn't put it past to me to vote for my fellow (Halbarad); seconding because he said the earlier Day that he wouldn't put it past me that I could suspect my fellow (Radagast). So whatever the information, whatever happens he will stick to suspecting me. And I think it a bit too bold - unless we say that sticking to a principle is tactics and pointing it out is an argument. It might well be?

Well, I don't know. Looking back at the Uruk made me a bit more weary of him as I had just thought he was only too bold but the way he spoke about Halbarad and also how Radagast treated him and how fabricated his points on me were kind of raise my alarms once again.

Hard to say."
Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #251
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dain walked along quietly listening to the scrutenizing words of Tom Bombadil. He had not minded it, for lately he had been thinking of his people back at Esgaroth. The coming of the messenger of Mordor had been growing in his mind. Soon war would be coming from Mordor to his people, and he now wished that he could be there to make a last stand with his kinsfolk.

"Master Bombadil," Dain said tiredly, "It is not in fear that I do not speak for the wood of Lorien is beautiful, as far as woods go. I will not fight your arguments, for my mind is bent on other matters, but never the less I do not like your pompious arrogant way of accusing and insulting me! You my good man go after those who have done you wrong whether it be an honost mistake or not, and favor those who favor you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by post 230
If I go away don't send Halbarad away. His vote showed it...
Dain drew himself up to his full height and looked Tom Bombadil straight in the eye. "If you send me away I will not fight you, and if I stay I will do my duty. Do not let the Ring cloud your mind, if indeed you can think of anything else other than picking dafadillies!"
Old 03-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #252
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Oh, master dwarf. Forgive me if I have insulted you for that has happened unwilllingly and unintentionally as it has not been my goal. Tom doesn't insult anyone. But you should also watch what you say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daín
You my good man go after those who have done you wrong whether it be an honost mistake or not, and favor those who favor you.
as I have defended my staunchest accusator Uglúk quite openly. And I'd indeed still rather let you go back to your kinsfolk in Esgaroth... without the Ring that is.

But you should change your stance on Lillies and dafodillies young dwarf. They are infinitively more beautiful, interesting and full of innocent life than many of the more complex forms of life that walk this Middle-Earth. And they have been here longer than any moving species as well. There is age-old wisdom in them. I should know it as I was here tending thewm already that time."

Tom smiled benevolently to the dwarf. "I do not doubt your bravery, courage or heroism. But I do fear you might have other plans for the Ring than the council sent us for.

But I need to take a look at this young marshall Théodred as well before it comes too late. Luckily we still have an hour..."
Old 03-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #253
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Aye, I know it's a failing of mine to go after one person for quite a while. You seem to be talking sense at this point, though, Tom and it's possible that I'm misinterpreting your actions.

You've got some good points there about Dain. It does look to me like he switched to suspecting Halbarad when it looked more likely that the latter would be voted for, and such is the action of a traitor.

Theodred, your post about me knowning Tom is innocent looks odd to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Originally Posted by Menel
Well, I think I've made my points pretty clear. Time to vote.

++Tom Bombadil

Anybody but me think we might be running in the wrong direction? I'm seeing some kind of strange fiery light ahead, and that threatening smell from earlier is getting stronger as we run toward it...
It is as if he KNOWS that Bombadil is innocent and that leaving him behind would be a mistake, but he votes for his removal anyway. This bodes ill for my suspicions of Ugluk, as until now I had thought him perhaps innocent; now I am not so sure. Would you care to explain your statement?"
How could you possibly have arrived at that conclusion? What did I say there that suggested I knew Bombadil was innocent?
Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #254
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Theodred faced Ugluk and finally resigned himself to a conversation with the creature.

"It seemed (at the time) as if you were regretting your vote before you had even cast it; your behavior indicated that you knew he [Tom] was not a traitor but you wanted him removed anyway, as if you knew your role and his as a result. Again, at the time, it seemed suspicious, but I can see now that you were not a traitor trying to condemn an innocent, but a loyal companion who was unsure of his decision but was ready to face the consequences for a possible mistake. I no longer question your loyalty based on this event."
Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #255
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Our marshall begins the journey with his famous rant on the choice of the ringbearer - the results of which we all know by now. He sure was reckless and as I deeply honour my friends the hobbits I must confess I personally disliked his outburst back then.

Then he seems to join the band of those wishing to let Halbarad stay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Théodred #65
I believe Halbarad will prove himself useful. Our journey just begun, I find it rash to make such a case against the fellow, and yet in this case his accusers seem reasonable. Still, I cannot help but consider the role he may play later in the journey. Surely, if we were to go with old Tom's advice, he would be the first to go, as he seems here merely to entertain, yet in my mind's eye I sense an innocence about him.
His formulation of the thing would be the most bold one were he to be Halbarad's ally. I don't know, maybe he could do it? To whom he refers there in the end (to me or Halbarad) is a bit unclear to me.

But he stayed the course supporting Halbarad after that by yet insisting when Halbarad was leading the vote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Théodred #74
Once again, my fellows, I feel the need to speak out against a hasty lynching of Halbarad; I may be misguided, but I feel that he warrants an opportunity to prove where his loyalties lie.
Yes, this looks like a friend doing it in a round about way as well - but still trying to act before it's too late. Hmm... many of us seem to have done this so who was the one who did it on purpose?

What strikes me odd in hisbehaviour the next Day is his opening when he goes on agreeing with Galadriel thus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Théodred #94
Galadriel, I, too, regret now the decision to allow Halbarad's continued presence with our fellowship, and while we may disagree regarding....regarding your lifestyle....I feel that for now at least I have no choice but to trust you, at least regarding the curious behavior of Halbarad.
the funny thing being that he seems to agree basically on her points on Halbarad - while at that time one ofGaladriel's main points still was that it had been Halbarad who had quarrelled with Lobelia and not him. And he should know it himself!

After that he goes on accusing those who voted for Gandalf with reasons based on before-this-trip-experiences-on-person's-character which I found quite dubious then - and I do find it dubious now.

When Galadriel's mistake was discovered and Halbarad hade made fun of it - as it kind of showed Théodred being eager to nail someone because of reasons that were drawn from his own behaviour - Theodred defended that he mainly supported the conclusions of Galadriel and not the reasons themselves.

Now this might be fishy indeed but it would also be more than bold for Halbarad to expose his mate in crime that way and make public fun of it. Could these two pull this? Nevertheless it would be unwise and Theodred continued keeping Halbarad a suspect and added more suspicions to him - even if he didn't vote him that Day.

Later he pops up and wonders why everyone ignores Radagast. This would have been bold indeed from a fellow traitor.

In the end he says that the speeches (votes / vote-threats) of Daín and myself woke him up and he would vote for Lobelia. He also said he would wish to vote for Halbarad to just check his loyalties.

On the next Day he seems to think me innocent and questions Uglúk's vote on me. Then he pointed out that Elrohir would be innocent if Halbarad was a traitor (whis is talking sense indeed - but traitors can speak sense too). Then seals Halbarad's fate by choosing him over myself to vote.

Today he announces he trusts lady Galadriel, Uglúk and myself and of the two remaining the actions of other traitors lord Elrohir looks innocent and thence votes for Daín.

Well, I couldn't say he's clean as a cloth but most reasonable one anyway - most of the time. Even if some things bother me and should be checked if there is toMorrow for old Bombadil..."

EDIT: X'd with Uglúk and Théodred
Old 03-31-2008, 02:38 PM   #256
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

"My companions, I do not wish to rush your decisions, but I feel I must implore you to act quickly. Sundown approaches, and if we fail to make the right decision this day I fear for our safety. Please do not wait to vote until the final moments of the day; indeed, I would like to discuss our options should we not expel the traitor today, and as I must leave shortly before day's end, I would like to see out the end of our voting. If this is not possible, I understand that you also have other obligations that you must fulfill (although I know that ridding our fellowship of the traitors is your truly highest priority). I urge you now, carefully consider your votes, but do so quickly, as another day's end without the departure of a traitor may be, selfish though it may sound, my end."

Theodred felt rather cowardly to be making such a speech, but as the others were relatively quiet and as the sky was growing darker, he knew that something had to be said to ensure the fellowship to act quickly.

EDIT: X'd with Tom Bombadil
Old 03-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #257
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++Dain

Well, I have to vote for someone soon, and I'm not really that inclined to suspect Tom at this point since he's making sense now.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #258
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
"I spent much time here in Lorien considering our Dwarf Lord, and I can agree with sending him away. His actions on this journey have convinced me of his guilt."

++ Dain II Ironfoot
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"I've given all these speeches to you as I have a foresight I will not leave from this beautiful forest of Lorien with you my friends. Too grave is my longing for things beautiful and tender and sweet that it will take some age-old willpower for me to continue toMorrow. You should then look at my points and possibly reconsider them in the light of the new Day and what has happened between now and then.

But at the moment I'd be quite ready to help the homesick dwarf to get home and to hopefully end the treachery inside the fellowship."

EDIT: X'd with Uglúk, Théodred and Elrohir
Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #260
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Tom will join the chorus now.

++ Daín

Think of this as a gift good dwarf! You get home to stand beside your loved ones - and we hopefully will continue our quest without those wishing to divert the fellowship from it's original purpose. We then only face lord Sauron, though...

But if we get it wrong now you know what to do toMorrow. Pay heed, you know it. Just use your brains. Old Iarwain trusts you in this."
Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM   #261
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dain looked in surprise at Tom for his kind words and the dwarf’s face softened a little bit.

“Very well, I will take back what I said about your daffodils. I thank you for your kind words. There is no need to examine any other member of our fellowship, for I: Dain II Ironfoot, King of Durin’s folk was the Traitor that you have hunted. I say was because I have seen the errors of my ways; it was madness to think that the Ring could be mine, but madness takes those who are in dire need.

"I grieve for the deaths of my companions and for the deaths we have caused, and if you will allow me I will leave our fellowship in shame and return to my home in glory of my people. There I will await the coming of the dark lord and give his minions battle on the fields of Dale. I have said all that I will, permit me to leave and I will give you no more trouble.”

++Dain II Ironfoot

EDIT: X'd with Ugluk, Elrohir, Bombadil, and Bombadil
Old 03-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #262
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I chose to look elsewhere than Iarwain today and make my final desition about him later, if that is a mistake only time can tell. . .even though there is a risk in this, it is one I am willing to take as the events in Moria made me doubt my initial suspicion.

Theodred pussles me in many ways, especially when he agreed with me when I was clearly mistaken was weird. Even so I do not suspect him.

That leaves me with Elrohir, Dain and Ugluk.

Elrohir I have do not know what to think of at all.

The others I have already stated what I think of. . .and of the two I find Ugluk the most suspicouse, so he will get my vote today. I simply find my self agreeing too much with Dain's reasoning to vote for him, even if he has picked the easy fights.

++Ugluk

Edit: Crossed Posted With All Since Theodred

Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #263
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Elrohir paused to say one last thing on the way out of this holy forest.

"Dain, I should kill you for what you did to my brother, but a defended Erebor is more important than vengeance for now.

If our quest succeeds, though, there will be a reckoning. I can promise that."

So he turned and began to walk away from Lorien.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #264
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

"Hey dol! Merry dol! into the Night so sweet!
Hey dol! Merry lol! time to wash your feet!
Time to eat and drink and dance the night
without a thought of tomorrow's flight!
For a road there is waiting for some
let the Valar grace it, make it fun!
No need to fear Sauron at all
as he's just a lousy eyeball!"

And dancing with flower-robed elves Tom went disappearing into the Night. But his song could still be heard.

"Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!"

EDIT: I didn't indeed notice Daín's confession... oops! Well all the more reason for joy!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #265
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

If this is true Dain, then I have not been wise at all. . .I have been a fool!
Not one of the traitors did I whole heartedly suspect, I shall forever be shamed of this.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #266
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Epilogue

Lo! Lords and knights and men of valour unashamed, kings and princes, and fair people of Gondor, and Riders of Rohan, and you son of Elrond, and Elf and Orc, and all free folk of the West, now listen to my lay. For I will sing to you of the Fellowship of Saruman and the Ring of Doom.

...Those who saw the things that were done in that time, deeds of valour and wonder, have elsewhere told the tale of the War of the Ring. Here let it be said that in those days the White Messenger, who before proved to be untrue to his mission, returned to the cause of the Free Peoples. And it was by his device and power that the defenders of the West united and led their last march against the Enemy. Battle there was before the City of Gondor, and Men fought there against evil Men and Orcs of Isengard fought the Orcs of Mordor; and the Lord of Morgul, Captain of Sauron, there passed into darkness, being defeated by the great Elven lord Glorfindel of Rivendell.

In the North also there had been war and evil. Indeed things could have been different had it not been for the bravery of King Brand and King Dáin, as with his farstretched right hand Sauron stroke hard in the North, while he defended Gondor. And there was a great battle at the Lonely Mountain's feet, which lasted three days and three nights, and both King Brand and King Dáin Ironfoot were slain, but the Enemy was beaten back and the threat on the North vanquished.

And the host of the West in the South then marched to the Black Gates of Mordor. In that last battle were Curunír, and the King of Rohan, and the Steward of Gondor and his two sons, and Glorfindel of Rivendell and the Heir of Isildur with the Dúnedain of the North. There at the last they stumbled, for Sauron was too strong, and the outcome of the battle was uncertain. Yet in that hour was put to the proof that which Curunír had spoken, for, as many songs have since sung, it was the three heroes, the most brave of that Age, that brought them deliverance.

For Elrohir son of Elrond, it is said, at the bidding of Curunír took on himself the burden, and with Uglúk of Isengard they passed through peril and darkness to Mordor. And Galadriel the Lady of Lórien went with them, and her power protected them in the horrible pass of Cirith Ungol. But she refused to go further, fearing too much of the Ring's temptation. Yet the guardians of Mordor were afraid of the great Elf warrior and the mighty Uruk, and the two came at last in Sauron's despite even to Mount Doom. And there into the Fire where it was wrought they cast the Great Ring of Power, and so at last it was unmade and its evil consumed.
Then Sauron failed, and he was utterly vanquished and passed away like a shadow of malice; and the towers of Barad-dûr crumbled in ruin. And the nations of Middle-Earth came free and the Men and Dwarves and Orcs and Hobbits lived in peace.

But the Elves and the Ringbearers left Middle-Earth, as the Third Age had passed. And Curunír, the White Messenger, departed with them, as his labors were fulfiled at last. Thus, there came the end of the Fellowship of Saruman in Middle-Earth, and only Iarwain, the Oldest, remained to keep the tale in which he took part, though he never followed the Ringbearer beyond the Great River: but as he was, the First, so he shall be the Last, and so the Tale will live until the end of times.

-----------------------------------------------

The Fellowship:

McCaber - Elrohir - innocent
Meneltarmacil - Uglúk - innocent
Nogrod - Tom Bombadil - innocent
Rune son of Bjarne - Galadriel - innocent
Sally - Théodred - Seer (Palantír-bearer)

Gone:

Gil-Galad - Gandalf (left the Fellowship in Eregion) - innocent
Nerwen - Elladan (lost in the Pass of Caradhras) - innocent
Aganzir - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins (departed the Company by the dry streambed of Sirannon) - First Ringbearer & Protector
A Little Green – Éomer (dragged into the pool by the Watcher in the Water) - Avenger
THE Ka – Radagast (killed by Éomer's sword Gúthwinë by the Gates of Moria) - traitor
Gwathagor - Halbarad (killed by the Companions in self-defense in Moria) – traitor
Thinlómien - Gildor Inglorion (fell into the abyss with the Balrog of Moria) – innocent
Groin Redbeard - Dáin II. Ironfoot (left the Company in Lórien of his own will) - traitor

-----------------------------------------------

The game has ended!
The Traitors are gone!
The Innocent Companions win! Congratulations to those who remained and even to those who fell for the Quest!

Thank you all for playing!

Post on the admin thread to talk to your former companions and villains and discuss what happened here.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 03-31-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote