The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Middle Earth Idol

The world as we know it today was created by the music of the Ainur which the elves believe is still echoed in Ulmo's domain. Its an ever changing sound which reflects our lives under the will of mighty Iluvatar. But, with the Valar in Valanor, we are left with the trilling of Elves, the ballads of Men, the marches of Dwarves, the jingles of Halflings, and perhaps even a few lymmerics from wayward Uruk Hai. We are now in search for the next great music of all Arda. Who will be the next Middle Earth Idol?

To help us with our search, three judges have been brought in to vote off, give insight, and to push our contestants to new lengths. They are (in no certain order) Sleepy Cowell, Wilwa Abdul, and Glirdy Jackson. As your host, "Vala Seacrest", I will be in charge of giving interviews and moving the competition along through narration. The rules reflect the same guidelines exhibited in the television show, however that does not give me any reason NOT to post them along with this fabulous introduction.

RULES:
- As many members may enter the competition at the beginning of the season, but after the semi-finals begin there may be no more entries until the next competition at which point anyone can enter once more.
- The preliminary competition will be controlled soully on the judge's opinions.
- Only 24 contestants will be allowed into the semi-finals. This is when "Middle Earth" can start voting for their favorite preformers under the direction of the host.
- Only 12 will advance in the finals.
- Preformances during this stage will be under the direction of certain themes which will be decided upon by the panel. The preformers will have a set amount of time to decide what song (lyrics) to preform in accordance to this new obligation.
- One attempt (I don't like using that word in this context, but its the only one I can think of to fit) per person per round, please.

HOW TO ENTER:
- Post the lyrics of a song of your choice during the preliminaries. Please make it relavent to the Tolkien world. (This my be done in many ways such as referances, original songs*, or similar situations, or parodying, twisting lines and such.) *From Tolkien. Please name the real band and the real song and also note how you plan to sing the song (you can sing a pop song with a rocky tune, its your call). And also name a Tolkien character in whose voice you will sing the song.
- Please bold your name in your entry post for clarity.
- You will be informed if you have advanced to the next round... so there is nothing more that you have to worry about until that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entry Example
My name is Sleepy Ranger and I'm from Corellia, I'll be singing Mr. Brightside by The Killers. (Soft rock; Pippin Voice)

I'm coming out of my hole
And I’ve been doing just fine
Gotta gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a ring
How did it end up like this
It was only a ring, it was only a ring
Now I’m falling to twilight
And she’s calling a dragon
While he’s having smoke
And she’s taking a drag
Now they’re going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it’s all in my head
But she’s touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, let us go

I just can’t look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning elves into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it’s just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I’m Mr Baggins

I'm coming out of my hole
And I’ve been doing just fine
Gotta gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a ring
How did it end up like this
It was only a ring, it was only a ring
Now I’m falling to twilight
And she’s calling a dragon
While he’s having smoke
And she’s taking a drag
Now they’re going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it’s all in my head
But she’s touching his-chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, let us go

I just can’t look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning elves into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibi
But it’s just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I’m Mr Baggins

To Mordor...
To Mordor...
To Mordor...
VOTING:
- Since there will be no voting at the beginning of the competition, the directions for sending votes will come later with the change of the round.

Last edited by Valesse; 03-24-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote