The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2003, 10:54 PM   #1
Anndvasawen

Sting Best scenes of the movies

I think the best scene (although the movie was great all through it) is when the Nine Nazgul are pursuing Arwen and injured Frodo into Rivendell, to the Ford. And yours?
Old 03-26-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

I like the scenes in The Prancing Pony and the beginning ones in the Shire. I always like the beginning of LotR, Book I is my favorite. And Boromir's last fight was really cool. As for the Arwen with Frodo being chased part, I hate it. I can't stand that part because I know that she really isn't riding a horse. I can't get the goofy looking behind the scenes thing where she's on the machine out of my head whenever I see that scene. It's actually pretty funny if you think about it. <P>Oh man, you're gonna hate me for saying this, but this really should be in the movies section. Here's how each works:<BR>1. The Books section is for in depth and serious discussions on Tolkien and his works and Middle-earth.<BR>2. Novices and Newcomers is for not really serious threads. It's where you can have discussions of Middle-earth related topics and/or on Tolkien and get some general information. They can be for asking simple questions and getting help. It's not for advanced discussions.<BR>3. The movies section is, well, for the movies of course. It's not only for the Peter Jackson ones but for the animated ones also. Discussions about the movies should usually go there.<P>That's just a general desciption of each based on what I think. It doesn't mean it's true, but I think it's fairly accurate. And someone please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.<p>[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:32 AM   #3
Mordor_Queen
Haunting Spirit

Mordor_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I love Weathertop when the Nazgul are attacking Frodo and then Aragorn comes along!
Old 03-26-2003, 09:45 AM   #4
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The flight to the Ford is definately one of my favourites.<P>Anything with Ian Holm, especially when Gandalf says, "Do not take me for a conjurer of cheep tricks ..." and Bilbo looks like he's about to melt into the floor. Also Bilbo's final scene with Frodo where he goes Gollumish and then apologizes to to Frodo. "I'm sorry for everything".<P>The whole sequence where the moth goes to Gandalf on the top of Orthanc is spectacular. I love the way the camera slowly follows the flight of the moth and then plunges down the side of the tower into the forges below.<P>And of course Boromir. Besides the fabulous acting, do you notice the statue behind Boromir while he's all pincushioned? It's like Boromir is being judged by his forbearers at that moment. <P>It's moments like these where this film really seperates itself from the rest of the pack.<P>H.C.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:58 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

anything with Boromir, Aragorn, or Elrond in Fotr.<P>Anything except Frodo/Sam (though not including Faramir scenes *drooool...*) and the entmoot.<P>The Helms Deep end- Rohirrim/Gandalf ride down the slope. The tears were streaming down my face.<P>Arwen/Aragorn flashforwards (more tears. waaaaay more tears.)
Old 03-26-2003, 11:16 AM   #6
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

FotR: <P>The scene after Gandalf falls and the remaining companions are mourning in Dimrill Dale. The music is just perfect and the hobbits' reactions (especially Sam and Frodo)are heartbreaking.<P>The gift giving scene in Lorien. Seeing Gimli fall in love with Galadriel was great.<P>Boromir's last stand/death scene. (BTW, HC Island, on the ExDVD they said those statues were recycled from Weathertop! )<P>TTT:<P>Smeagol/Gollum's discussion.<P>The bonding between Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli before the battle of Helm's Deep.<P>The breaking of Isengard, especially the Ent who puts his flaming head out in the flood!<P>-Lily
Old 03-26-2003, 11:55 AM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The scene after Gandalf falls and the remaining companions are mourning in Dimrill Dale. The music is just perfect and the hobbits' reactions (especially Sam and Frodo)are heartbreaking. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I really like the reaction of all the characters in this scene.<P>The Hobbits: Devastated. For them Gandalf was not about power and missions but fireworks and mirth. It was like they lost a family member, a favourite uncle. Frodo was just numb with grief.<P>Legolas: Confussion. I know in the commentary on the special edition JP and company talk about Legolas never really seeing death before, but this doesn't quite wash with me. After all, Mirkwood is not exactly a safe place. Legolas' background is so sketchy though, it really is hard to argue with it. For me, it's not so much about a Fellowship member falling as that it was Gandalf. Gandalf! Of the Fellowship, Legolas and Aragorn would be the two that would have some insight into what Gandalf is. How could he be the one to fall?<P>Gimli: Wants to go back in and take his anger and grief out on a few orcs.<P>Boromir: The captain. Sympathy for his men. If I were in a war, I'd want Boromir as my captain.<P>Aragorn: The pragmatist. The expression on his face shows that he is hurting as much as anyone, but leadership is now on his shoulders and it is the safety of his men that needs to be the chief concern. Grief later. Get to safety first.<P>H.C.<p>[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 03-26-2003, 03:06 PM   #8
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And Boromir's last fight was really cool.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah. Up until Lurtz shot him: then it got depressing. I was cheering for him and then when Lurtz came up, I thought, "He sees that guy, right? RIGHT?!" *THWOCK* "AAAAAAAAAUGH! Boromir!" It hurt. *sigh* Anyway...:<P>TTT: I have to say the scene where Faramir and his rangers first find Frodo and Sam is one of my favorites. The oliphaunt was terrific. Although it wasn't in the books and the wargs were somewhat disappointing, I also like the battle with the Wargwraiths. The opening sequence to the movie was beautiful. Helm's Deep was pretty good, but I can't say it's one of my favorites. Oh, almost forgot the scene where Éowyn goes outside Meduseld (I think) and the banner of Rohan tears away from the pole and lands near the gates to Edoras as Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Gandalf come riding up.<P>FotR: Anything with Boromir. Yes, that includes the death scene and the time he tries to take the Ring from Frodo, as depressing as those scenes are. It's just awesome to watch Sean Bean work. I want to be as great an actor as he is, someday. Ganalf's fireworks display is also a favorite. The entire scene where the Ringwraiths are chasing Arwen and Frodo is also impressive (that horsewoman can really ride. I love watching them work), but I can't say the scene at the ford itself is a favorite. All the swordfights, especially in Moria, always get me pumped and the bridge of Khazad-Dûm as well.<P>... now I want to watch the movies again. Dang it....
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:06 PM   #9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Yeah, poor Boromir.....<P>I just remember another scene I liked. It's where Boromir picks up the ring. The reason why I like it so much because I just love the way the gold ring with the silver chain look on that white snow. It's really beautiful, especially since they had a clsoe up on it. And that scene with the moth was good. I have to say it was cool how they did the camera in that but I really like how they silenced everything and played that music, really neat.

-Willie
Old 03-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #10
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
I like the scene in the Shire(especially the extended version is awesome)<BR>I like Rivendell and the part where they are on the river and pass the statues<BR>In TTT I love the Ent part and the Oliphaunt. I also like the Rohan part where Eowyn stares across the grassland and I love the music that goes along with it.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #11
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

I don't think I have a favorite scene, 'cause there were so many good ones. I really liked the part when the orcs and the riders of rohan colided. That was pretty neat.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 03:07 AM   #12
mallorntree

Sting

Most people (including me) were bowled over when legolas did that backflip to get on his horse.... <drools over the PC>
Old 03-27-2003, 05:14 AM   #13
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Lutfiska has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

when gandalf has fallen is just superb I agree with Lily...
Old 03-27-2003, 07:38 AM   #14
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The whole sequence where the moth goes to Gandalf on the top of Orthanc is spectacular. I love the way the camera slowly follows the flight of the moth and then plunges down the side of the tower into the forges below. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Spot on, HC . That was a truly breathtaking sequence. It was certainly the scene that made most of an impression on me when I first saw FotR.<P>Although its not exactly a scene, another favourite part of the film for me is the look on Gandalf's face when Frodo volunteers to take the Ring. Such great acting by Ian McKellen. His expression is so full of meaning.<P>As for TTT, well the Gollum scenes are definately the highlight for me. An amazing combination of acting (by Andy Serkis) and CGI effects.<P>Most of the locations in both films took my breath away, but in TTT, I was particularly impressed with Edoras, the Black Gate and Helm's Deep, each of which was just how I imagined them. So all wide shots of these locations are amongst my favourite parts.<P>On, and of course the Ents' assault on Isengard. That's just one of those scenes you're waiting for all through the film. And then, when it comes, it is truly amazing. One of those "hairs standing up on the back of the neck" moments.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:38 AM   #15
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I think one of my favourite scenes in Two Towers is Theoden speaking the lines from the "Where is the horse and the rider?" song. I also love Theoden lines later, "Fell deeds await. Now for wrath! Now for ruin and the red dawn!" Brilliant acting.<P>H.C.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:02 AM   #16
Elotareth
Animated Skeleton

Elotareth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh my gosh, where to begin...? I really loved the scene where Gandalf, Eomer, and the rest of the Rohirrim came cascading down the hill in a blaze of light. (I was crying too!) I love anything in elvish (I like Sindarin, or Grey Elvish, even better than Quenya, strangely enough), especially anytime Aragorn is speaking it But aside from all of the (awesome) heroics, Gollum really isn't getting enough credit. It sends chills up my spine to listen to his voice - Andy Serkis had better get a lot of credit (and good job offers!) for this, because he really deserves it.
Matthew 28:20
"Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king"
Elotareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:38 AM   #17
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

You're absolutely right about Gollum, Elotareth. I like during the first Smeagol/Gollum argument when Gollum says, "Murderer." and Smeagol replies with a weak, "You win."<P>H.C.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:42 PM   #18
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The whole sequence where the moth goes to Gandalf on the top of Orthanc is spectacular. I love the way the camera slowly follows the flight of the moth and then plunges down the side of the tower into the forges below.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This was good, but I also liked the shot where Saruman and Gandalf were atop the Orthanc and the camera is on Saruman with a clear view of the sky behind him. The moth flutters by and then comes Gwaihir swooping from the great beyond seemingly out of nowhere. I didn't notice it in the theaters, but watching it at home, it made the hair on my neck stand on end.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:44 PM   #19
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> ... and then comes Gwaihir swooping from the great beyond seemingly out of nowhere. I didn't notice it in the theaters, but watching it at home, it made the hair on my neck stand on end. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, I'm definately with you on that one, Rynoah. I was just waiting for Gwaihir to come and then you see him flying in behind Saruman. Yet another of those moments you've been waiting to happen ... when I heard Gwaihir's cry, I had the same feeling too.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:07 PM   #20
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

FOTR:<P>Boromir and Gandalf were especially good.<P>I loved Gandalf and Boromir's death scenes. Aragorn was good in those, too.<P>Aragorn at Amon Hen was good.<P>And, like the some of you others, I loved when Gandalf was saved by the eagle. Not only the visual, but also the lines were really good.<P>TTT<P>Smeagol/Gollum was great. Hilarious yet also poignant.<P>The Ent's attack was great especially when coupled with Sam's soliloquoy.<P>The Charge of the Rohirrim.<P>The Eowyn ripped flag scene as someone else already said.<P>Legolas had some pretty cool stunts, I especially liked him in the warg attack.<P>But, perhaps, my favorite was during and after Haldir's death. Aragorn jumps onto that ladder and starts swinging down. The first time I saw that I was like, "Oh my goodness! He's going to take on all 10,000 of them!" But, I soon realized that he wasn't swinging down the outer wall. Sigh, oh well. Perhaps that would have been a terrible plot, but I think it would have been cool.
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:11 PM   #21
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree with all your choices, those are all great, wonderful moments. I hope we have more like those in ROTK. The part when Gandalf and the Riders of Rohan come down the hill is amazing. The part when Frodo decides to take the ring during the council of Elrond and you see Gandalf's face with that look, Amazing and heartbreaking. I also love the end of both films with the moments between Sam and Frodo and the wonderful music. I also love the very end, because it took me a little bit of time to realize, but they are actually showing where Sam and Frodo are going to in the final scenes (most of you will say duh Gorwingel!) but I think that is really cool. When they zoom in on Mordor in the final scene of TTT is a time for me when I just go "why do they have to go there".
Old 03-28-2003, 12:27 AM   #22
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

I also like the scene in the begining where Gandalf comes into the Shire and Frodo meets him. I like the little grassy area right there with the ledge Frodo was on. I also like when Saruman is on top of Orthanc and the camera sort of zooms around him. Great visual effects right there. And I also like the scene where the Balrog is chasing the Fellowship through Moria and the Balrog finally appears to the Fellowship. I thought that the Balrog was done perfectly, not only in visual effects, but the sound too.<P>I can't really think of any great scenes I liked in TTT. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD so I can watch it over and over again and then decide. But for right now, all I really can think of is the scene where Merry and Pippin run into Fangorn and the orc is chasing them, then all of a sudden, SPLAT! I thought that was pretty god, and I like the way Fangorn looked even though I never imagined it that way when I was reading.

-Willie
Old 03-28-2003, 09:40 AM   #23
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I thought that the Balrog was done perfectly, not only in visual effects, but the sound too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Most definitely. Especially the close-up when it opened its mouth and bellowed. Like the roar of a furnace, I thought, and it was... awesome in the literal sense. That's the only way to describe it.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:40 PM   #24
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

The best scene was Aragorn walking around the stone pillard-thingy in slow-motion with Frodo running off (with his cape billowing in the breeze), and looking at the Uruk Hai like "well, time for another day's work!"<P>Himaran
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:32 PM   #25
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I really liked the opening shoot of TTT. That view on the mountains with the sunset on the snow. It gave me goosebumps.<P>Of course the argument with Gollum and Smeagol was great as well.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:06 PM   #26
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

And of course Gandalf with the Balrog. Has that been mentioned yet? I love the way they open with the same shots as from FotR but when Gandalf falls we follow him. Great way to start the movie.<P>H.C.<p>[ April 03, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 04-03-2003, 02:38 PM   #27
Ascuwen

Sting

Quote<BR>I also like the Rohan part where Eowyn stares across the grassland and I love the music that goes along with it.<BR>I completly agree with this. It isn't my favorite scene, but the music is awesome.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:39 PM   #28
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't believe nobody has put this yet, or maybe I'm just weirdly obsessed with Hobbits...but when Merry and Pippin (extended DVD) are jigging and singing on the table in the Green Dragon. That part always makes me laugh and feel good. Then for TT, the Warg fight when it first begins, Theoden's "Where is the horse and rider?" etc, Helm's Deep, and YES! The scene with Gandalf and the Rohirrim cascading down the slope towards the Uruks. I always feel big rushes of "feel-good" emotion at that part. And the Ents!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:57 PM   #29
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> when Merry and Pippin (extended DVD) are jigging and singing on the table in the Green Dragon. That part always makes me laugh and feel good. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Horse-Maiden, I love that part! When I first got the extended version, I played that scene over and over again till I memorized the song. For other favorite parts, I love the scene in FOTR where the Nazgul come out from the doors of Mordor. I love the music for that too. Also, I like the Arwen and Aragorn scene before he leaves in TTT. It's so bittersweet.
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:17 AM   #30
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I like practically any scene with the Nazgul in it in FotR. Especially the Arwen chase scene. And in Two Towers, I love the Fangorn scenes. It's absolutely gorgeous on the inside and I think that they did it very well.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #31
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, when the fellowship see the Argonath! It was amazing!! <P>My absolute all time favourite has to be Gandalf's fall, oh my gosh I was crying so hard even though I knew it was going to happen. That music! ahhhh It still makes me want to cry!<P>Some other really good ones are<P>The Shire - who doesn't love it?<P>Amon hen - When Aragorn tells Frodo to go and his cape is flapping in the wind, it just looks so cool<P>Amon Hen - When Boromir is fighting! I cried EVEN harder at this bit<P>The Pass of Caradhras - When Boromir picks up the ring and you see Aragorn holding his sword, very intense.<P>Moria - In FOTR and in the beginning of TTT, I loved that bit when you follow Gandalf with the Balrog and then you see this huge underground lake and that music, oh its just amazing.<P>Edoras - The set was spectacular, that bit with Eowyn and the flag flying away was so cool.<P>Helm's Deep - I was just blown away, it was exactly how I imagined it but better.<P>and of course, Gandalf and Eomer riding down and saving the day! Everyone says its really cheesy but I love it!
Old 04-04-2003, 09:03 PM   #32
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
One of my favorite scenes from TTT is when Legolas is shooting the wargs in slow motion and then jumps on the horse before the warg attack. It is so cool!<P>Another one of my favorite scenes, also from TTT, is when Faramir taps on the map. lol. I've been tapping everything since then.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:51 PM   #33
Estella Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Estella Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Estella Brandybuck
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The whole sequence where the moth goes to Gandalf on the top of Orthanc is spectacular. I love the way the camera slowly follows the flight of the moth and then plunges down the side of the tower into the forges below.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I <I>love</I> that shot! It gives me a rush every time. And for some reason I really love seeing that little moth amidst all the destruction of Isengard.<P>Speaking of Isengard, the scenes with the orcs tearing down the trees surrounding Orthanc always gets me. I always found it to be really tragic, that such beauty was being destroyed, to be replaced with "the fires of industry".<P>I don't think anyone's mentioned this before, but I absolutely adore the scene in Lothlorien where Boromir is describing Minas Tirith to Aragorn. "Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?" Sean Bean was amazing in that part.<P>And from the FotR EE, I love it when Legolas is talking to Gimli after they've just left Lorien. "I asked for a single hair from her golden head. She gave me three." Gimli's turnaround in his feelings towards Elves and his love for Galadriel has always been one of my favorite parts of the books, and I think John Rhys-Davies really pulled it off. You can see the love and wonder in his eyes in that scene.<P>Also from the EE, another favorite of mine would be when Frodo and Sam are watching the Elves going to the Grey Havens. I don't know what song it is those Elves are singing, but it was so beautiful. And Sam's line - "I don't know why... it makes me sad." *happy sigh* Just beautiful.<P>From TTT, one of my favorite scenes was during the Entmoot, where Merry is pleading with the Ents to join the fight. "But you're part of this world!" And afterwards, when he's telling Pippin that they wouldn't have the Shire if Isengard isn't stopped... great acting on Monaghan's part, IMO. He's got such an earnest look in his eyes; it really shows how much the hobbits have grown in such a short amount of time.<P>And of course, I love all scenes with Sam in them, but my favorite (and my favorite scene from the movie) was at the end, when Frodo and Sam are talking about being put in the great stories. "Samwise the Brave" - just wonderful. I love that wistful smile that Sam is wearing.<P>There are plenty more, but most of them have already been mentioned, mainly the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. That whole sequence was breath-taking. Actually, what I really love comes right before that. When Boromir asks "What is this new devilry?", that look that Gandalf is wearing is just amazing. I'm not really sure how to describe it... weary, perhaps? Ah well, I'll just hope that everyone knows what I'm talking about.
"But the Rohirrim sang no more. Death they cried with one voice loud and terrible, and gathering speed like a great tide their battle swept about their fallen king and passed, roaring away southwards." - RotK

Do you enjoy reading and writing LotR fanfiction?
Estella Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #34
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Sting

My favorite part in FOTR is at Amon Hen when Legolas is shooting all those orcs and he pulls an arrow from his quiver sticks it straight into that orcs head, pulls it back out, and then shoots it at another one!!! And when he sticks it in the first time, it makes this hissing sound . Of course I also love the scean where he does the whole surfing thing in TTT, any sceen with Orlando in it is great though
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 05:11 PM   #35
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Sting

Oh, and how did I forget to mention the whole argument between Golum and Smeagol, that was absolutly hillarious!!!
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 01:10 AM   #36
Cibbwin
Wight

Cibbwin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cibbwin Send a message via MSN to Cibbwin Send a message via Yahoo to Cibbwin
Sting

Estella Brandybuck, I totally agree about the moth and the trees! I cry whenever I see it.<P>I agree about Boromir describing Minas Tirith, as well, that was a wonderful scene, full of nobility and compassion.<P>Sean Bean was an amazing Boromir. I just love his portrayal, and although the first time I saw the movie in the theatre (I had not read the books) I was confused by his character. I adore him now. He's noble, strong, and benevolent, but not without weaknesses. A tragic hero in the end. The tears just stream down my face when he dies.<P>I am suprised no one mentioned THIS, but I love Rivendell so much. Especially at night. That was a beautiful set. A perfect blend of civilization and nature.<P>Also, anyone or anything from Rohan. I just love the people, and Eowyn is my favorite character: A beautiful, strong woman. The valley and plateau Edoras was on... awe inspiring. A few other scenes I loved:<P>The Green Dragon<BR>The Flight to the Ford<BR>Moria<BR>The Argonath<BR>Gollum's arguments with Smeagol. The "murderer" line made me cry, yet again.<BR>The Oliphaunt and Faramir's ambush<BR>Faramir. Period.<BR>The Destruction of Isengard<BR>Sam's soliloquy<P>Ah, hell, everything in the movies is my favorite!
Cibbwin is offline   Reply With Quote