The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-10-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
Angel of the Earth

Tolkien Annoying?

DO you find any characters annoying? I just wondered!
Old 01-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #2
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would say Frodo/Elijah, but then I'd have to duck and run for cover, so perhaps I better not say it....
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:40 PM   #3
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I find Elrond in the movie very annoying.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I kinda find the orc who got his head chopped off kinda annoying... "Yeah, why can't we get some meat. What about them? They look fresh." - You know, that one.<BR>I think it's the spitting problem and rather oily looking skin... well, and the voice and the fact that he wants to eat Merry and Pip.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 01:57 PM   #5
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

I agree with you Tigerlily. He IS annoying. I also find Faramir in the movie annoying. But that might be because that's not really Faramir, but Faramir's evil twin.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:02 PM   #6
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I never thought about that orc, he is kind of annoying. Sometimes I do think that Frodo is kind of annoying, (even though I love his charater) because I am like "oh no, he is gazing into space or going crazy again" and when he speaks his lines very slowly, I am just like "Not again"
Old 01-10-2003, 02:28 PM   #7
Deathwail
Haunting Spirit

Deathwail has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

In Frodo' case the Ring of Power should of been called the Ring of Wussies, cause the longer he had it the more of a puss he becomes about it.Like when he tells Sam in Gondor how he cant use the ring to escape, man i just wanted to smack him after seeing that scene.Sorry had to vent that.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:23 PM   #8
Pipperin
Animated Skeleton

Pipperin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree with tar-palantir, Frodo is annoying!<BR>My sister loves him though, so that makes him even more annoying!
Old 01-10-2003, 04:34 PM   #9
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elrond definitely annoys me. He's just so...serious. And the way he enunciates his words with his mouth is just so...acted! hehe. Do I make sense?

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:52 PM   #10
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Yes,Vardadurwen, you do make sense. What I think you mean (for those who don't get it) that it doesn't seem <I>real</I>, I mean it isn't Elrond but Hugo Weaving trying to be Elrond, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I also think that grumpy Elrond is annoying though I think Gimli's comedy is worse. Arwen too. She's so breathy and all-knowing, it just makes me want to scream.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #11
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LadyElbereth--<P>My brother has cleared up the Faramir problem for all of us. According to him, it's not really Faramir in Ithilien. Oh no, my friends. It's his slightly-insane younger brother Hurumir, trying to get his fifteen minutes of fame. Always a bit the black sheep of the family, Hurumir--gets a lot of his mentality from his father. They try to keep him inside, but he got away this one time, and stuffed Faramir into the closet...sad, sad story, that.<P>As for annoying characters, I'll have to go with Tigerlily and say that blasted orc. Besides the fact that he wants to eat Merry and Pippin ( ), his voice really aggravated me. Aiee! Other than that, I found Saruman a little irritating. Can he EVER say anything that isn't intoned?? I mean, I did like him, but it was like everything he said was a proclamation of doom. (Okay, so it was. But he didn't have to make it sound like that. He could've used more than one tone of voice.)<P>Frodo was a little grating after a while, but overall I loved Elijah Wood's performance so much that I'm willing to let go of the few moments when his slow, tormented voice got old. (Ai, can you imagine the Return of the King? It'll be a thousand times worse!)<P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 01-10-2003, 11:08 PM   #12
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Shrug, opinions on Elrond seem to be quite divided. I thought he did a good job.<P>As for annoying, FRODO IS. Blame the script-writers!
Old 01-11-2003, 12:21 AM   #13
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Whew, glad I've got a little company re: Frodo. I am definitely blaming the scriptwriters for it too (and a little bit on Elijah)! How many times can he fall down? Seriously, always tripping and stumbling about (especially in FotR), staring off into space with his palm up holding the Ring. And my absolute pet peeve now - - - - rolling his eyes back into his head at the drop of a hat, over, and over, and over.... And one more dig, that lisp when he says "Sam" I wouldn't have been overly shocked to see him give Sam a big kiss at the end of either movie. <P>*Tar-Palantir drops his bashing stick and looks around the room to see if he has caused a commotion*<P>Hugo Weaving looks as though he a playing the part as a theater actor rather than as a screen actor, but he definitely makes a presence of himself, which I think is important for the part of Elrond.
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 12:32 AM   #14
Jen

Sting

Hehehe yep, the Frodo thing did get to me a bit. They make him seem really weak in the movie. The Frodo in the book rode that damn horse to Rivendell all by himself and he wasn't half dead.<BR>I didn't like the psycho-Galadriel bit in FOTR either.<BR>But all said and done, i did like the movies...If i made sure i didn't compare it too much to the book...
Old 01-11-2003, 12:48 AM   #15
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Actually, I found all the Orcs in TTT annoying, or at least disappointing. In Fellowship, they were very animalistic: not very articulate, roared a lot, basically acted like beasts. In TTT, they were much more human. I felt cheated somehow, because I was really looking forward to seeing the Orcs in TTT and they weren't there.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:09 AM   #16
Luinsewiel
Haunting Spirit

Location: The Great Grey-Green Greasy Limpopo River, All Set About With Fever Trees
Luinsewiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Luinsewiel Send a message via AIM to Luinsewiel
Sting

All the parts where Gimli fell of his horse, couldn't see above the wall, fell down and the entire "tossing" incedent were annoying to me. I felt sorry for poor Gimli and how the film made him look comical. The Lord of the Rings isn't suposed to be funny, it's a serious story.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:21 AM   #17
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Two of my friends and I found it rather annoying when Legolas would look up and out of nowhere say something that is supposed to sound wise or deep. Faramir! Faramir in the book is not annoying...Faramir portrayed in the movie was horrible and annoying. Or should I say Hurumir?<P>Aylwen
Old 01-11-2003, 09:32 AM   #18
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

Thankyou for the explanation, Orual. It all makes sense now! That was a very naughty thing Hurumir did, he should be punished!lol.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:49 PM   #19
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Legolas was definitely the most annoying<BR>"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night"<BR>WHAT?? Get real<BR>Faramir was pretty annoying as well, I really miss Boromir! Faramir just can't replace him. Oh wait it was Hurumir wasn't it? LOL
Old 01-11-2003, 07:17 PM   #20
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Definitely Sam! I can't stand him!
Old 01-11-2003, 07:17 PM   #21
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

With a name like Frodess, I've gotta put my two cents in! I have to admit, in the Fellowship, the way he kept randomly showing the Ring was a little annoying. . . but what about Wormtongue? Ya gotta hate Wormtongue? The way he's all over Éowyn, and his black lipstick. . . eew!<BR>
Old 01-11-2003, 08:05 PM   #22
Elven-Maiden
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elven-Maiden has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

As an actress, I must say that I thought each actor played his/her part absolutely wonderfully. For fun, I always try to imagine how I'd play it differently, but every time I try, I conclude that I couldn't do better.<P>I don't find any of the characters annoying, but I was thouroughly disgusted with Grima, Boromir (FotR) and Faramir. I was terribly disappointed in Gollum, in that he should be a good guy. <P>Other than that, nope! Nothing annoying! And I loved the comic relief, it was very much needed.

Mobilis in Mobile
Elven-Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:30 PM   #23
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I was annoyed by scriptwriters!! I could NOT BELIEVE they took the ring to Gondor!!! In the theatres I leaned over to my friend and said "Do Frodo, Sam and Smeagol/Gollum run away from them or something?" I was almost infureated when they actually entered Gondor. ... errr ... <P>I disliked Faramir's role. His sulken looks and single line decisions just made me cringe. <P>I was annoyed at the interaction between Frodo and Sam about the effect of the Ring on Frodo. It sounded like they were arguing more over their relationship than the evil of the ring, sorta understand? Frodo's "... I can't do this Sam ..." was a little wimpy and unconvincing.<P>Another annoyance was Thedoen! His "we're all doomed" attitude, and unfaith in Aragorn and help from other peoples. His sarcastic view on their survival ... didn't seem like the Theoden I'd read about.<P>Ok that's it ... I'm done venting
Old 01-11-2003, 09:30 PM   #24
Deathwail
Haunting Spirit

Deathwail has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I dont think anyone is putting down the actors but more the writing and what was asked of them by PJ.I cant think of anyone that would of been better for the parts in the films but more that its sad they where asked to do or say things that just didnt belong in a JRRT book turned into a movie.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:11 PM   #25
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The closest I ever come to annoyance is when we see <B>another</B> shot of Frodo holding the Ring in his hand and gazing at It for ages and ages (especially FOTR), or <B>another</B> one of those dreamy-eyed looks at Sam. So, I guess Frodo comes pretty close to annoying sometimes. Not too bad, though. I think I get annoyed <B>very</B> easily in general, so I guess that the movies aren't all that annoying. Hmmm... that said, though, I did kind of like Jar Jar Binks. Maybe my tolerance is better than I thought...<P>Wait, here's something I get annoyed at:
Old 01-11-2003, 11:22 PM   #26
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Definitely Sam! I can't stand him! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Ahem....I'm going to ignore that.<P>"Faramir" infuriated me!!! Give me a break!!<BR>What was that whole "We're taking the Ring to Gondor" thing? And the bit with the hobbits?? Oh, yeah, there's 30 of us and two of them. Hm. Better take them captive, they look dangerous...
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 11:29 PM   #27
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>And I loved the comic relief, it was very much needed.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That it was, and even though it wasn't "bookish" entirely, I enjoyed it.<P>"And who are you, his bodyguard?"<BR>"I'm his gardener! "<P>And truly, thinking on it, the actors followed the script. So, we're basically annoyed at PJ.<P>So, another thing that annoyed me about <I>PJ's</I> script...<P>That Treebeard came back to Merry and Pippin after the "Entmoot" and said, "We have decided that nothing can be done." HUH????<BR>What was the point in THAT??? They all wound up going and tearing Isengard apart anyway, so why all the runaround?? Sigh. My ranting is done for the night.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:43 PM   #28
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Hm... it seems I've heard quite a few complaints about each character whilst browsing through the forum. Care for a list?<P>Gandalf- Too little screentime; blocking Eomer's glory at the charge of the riders; his horse's entrance is corny<P>Aragorn- Too much screentime; shadowing Leggie and Gimli<P>Legolas- Shadowed by Aragorn; annoying when saying things (somewhat) out of nowhere<P>Gimli- Too much comic relief<P>Frodo- Bad acting, corrupted too early, etc.<P>Sam- Annoying... for what reason I know not<P>Faramir- Unnecessarily weak-minded<P>Treebeard- Weird-looking; difference of decision than book<P>Merry/Pippin- Still too dumb or immature; not enough screentime<P>Arwen- She's not supposed to be here!!<P>Elrond- Annoying<P>Theoden- A grump<P>Eomer- Shadowed by Gandalf<P>Haldir- He's not supposed to be there; he shouldn't have died, too detached and cold; etc.<P>I've basically heard some complaint about everyone in TTT but Eowyn and Gollum... man, this movie must really stink! I'm not trying to start a debate/argument/flaming match, I am just pointing out how many complaints have been made around here about the vast majority of the characters.<P>That said, I have one to add! Faramir WAS unnecessarily weak-minded.
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:49 PM   #29
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

farameir is so annoying to me because thry changed him from the books<BR>gollum with that dubble sides of him<BR>frodo how he always freaks out and gows phyco <BR>sam kinda because he way to over prottected of frodo and he just a bit odd
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #30
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Well...HAHAHAHA....it's a field day for me!<P>1. Frodo- I am really getting sick of his annoying whimpy whiny voice. His acting has gotten worse I'd say. It's repetetive, drab, and whiny. It's also so empty.<P>2. Sam- His stupid voice is getting to me too. It's so fake. You can tell it's not his voice. And it just get to me that he's what, 30 years old or something? And he has a child and a wife too, well...he just doesn't make out to be a 'teenage' hobbit, to me. And all that hope stuff and 'I made a promise mister Frodo...', it's just so corny, especially coming from him. It's so stupid it sometimes makes me laugh, and when I do, I'm also angry too, at his performance. Imagine how that feels.<P>3. Aragorn- Sometimes this guy seems so corny too. So fake.<P>4. Gandalf- Honestly, I think he looks like a homeless guy in the movie. I could just see LotR centered around him, and it starts out as him (the crazy lunatice drugged out bum) waking up out of the dumpster and walking around in ME, but actually he's just a crazy guy making no sense walking down the street in downtown SF....wow, got a little carried away there. But he looks like he hasn't taken a shower in 45 years.<P>5. Legolas- Yes, I also hate the random things he says tht seem to come out of the blue, well...er...actually the red, in one case. I also hate how he's the 'all-star-stunt-acrobat' in the movie. Skating down the stairs on a sheild?!?!?! I'd be laughing my you know what off if they had him fall flat on his face. And when he says that random serious stuff, it almost looks like he's smiling.<P>6. ARWEN- OMFG....if I had to pick one character in the book that annoyed me the most (and infuriated), it would be Liv Tyler. I hate her voice. It's so fake, corny, deep?, raspy, and just annoying. Also, all the time she got that she didn't deserve. And the stuff they changed to fit her in.<P>7. Galadriel- I just can't stand Cate Blanchet or whatever her name is. I don't know what it is, I just don't like her. She acts like she's so hot and beautiful. No she's not! They should have picked someone else. Oh yeah, she can't act for dog poop.<P>8. Gimli- Just his whole comedian thing. Talk about beating a dead horse. I should ask Rimbaud where he got that thing from in the thread 'one word'. I think it's beating a dead horse.<P>10. Haldir- He just shouldn't have showed up at Helms Deep. When he showed up andwhen he died I was like, 'oh my god...what the hell was PJ smoking? (Hobbit pipe weed?)'<P>11. Elrond- He just sucks at acting as Elrond.<P>There is some of this stuff that is PJ's fault, and the script writers (Fran Walsh? I think).

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #31
Angel of the Earth

Tolkien

In the book, FotR, i would say Tom Bombadil all the singing and the 'oh i'm so brilliant' talk just gets to me! I am just so glad they missed that part out in the movie!!! <BR>In the film,TTT, i'm not sure! I think Treebeard annoys me the most, it's t-h-e <BR>s-l-ow voice! I know that he's meant to be like that but it just really annoys me still!<P>[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Telfeaion ]<p>[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Telfeaion ]
Old 01-14-2003, 02:28 PM   #32
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
I hate the orc who tries to catch and eat Merry and Pippin. He just looks annoying w/ his big eyes and ugly voice. Ahh well I guess orcs are meant to be that way-annoying.
InklingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:33 PM   #33
Angel of the Earth

Tolkien

Liv Tyler annoys me as she has such a long, long face! How did it get so long? That's retorical question, by the way!
Old 01-14-2003, 03:49 PM   #34
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Oh, they do look tasty." <P>Is that the one you mean? There's someone he reminds me of from another film, but I can't quite place it. It's bugging me.<P>H.C.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:30 AM   #35
hollyann

Silmaril

Gimli for sure...I know he's the comic relief but he bugs. I blame it more on John Rhys-Davies for being such a diva than on Gimli the character. I need a dwarf with bigger balls...don't mean to be crude but... I mean, c'mon (!) he should have been killed in FOTR. I wish Legolas would shoot him. I like Elrond but he always has that "I just smelled sh*t" look on his face...and the way he says Moooorrrrrrrrdoooorrrrrrrrrrr...drives me nuts. And while I'm bi*tching...PJ's kids at the shire and AGAIN at Helm's Deep. PJ, they're cute kids but c'mon.... Just thought I would contribute to this funny thread. I am a HUGE fan of the books AND the movies...love Peter Jackson and can't wait to see ROTK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 04:35 AM   #36
hollyann

Silmaril

Whoa...Grounds Keeper Willie,<BR> <BR>You need to smoke some hobbit weed and listen to some Mad Season....is there anything in the movies you DID like? <P>Keep it real in Middle Earth...
Old 01-15-2003, 06:20 AM   #37
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

...quickly scrolls up to the top of the screen... checks title of thread... returns, reassured that hollyann's post can be ignored without further consequence...<P>GO WILLY! Let it all out! There's a lot of people out there who are thinking the same things. I think some of us are experiencing what I like to call Expectancy Syndrome, or Episode 1 Disease. After years and years of waiting and building up mental images, the movies are finally out. We are overjoyed. We purchase tickets. We go to see the movie. 8 times, most likely. For about a year and a half later, we kid ourselves by examining the good points and trying to explain that "yeah, I loved that movie!" until one day the house of cards collapses. As Morpheus says: "Welcome... to the real world."<P>I guess that part of a character can be annoying. I <B>loathe</B> one of Gimli's axes (the small airyfairy one), but I guess that's not really part of his character. While I agree 99% on the choice of Liv Tyler as Arwen, since she looks so beautiful and so elfy, I think that her voice doesn't suit the part. Also perhaps her image, as the prototypical American pop movie goddess. It would be like casting Mel Gibson as Aragorn. Few of the other actors in FOTR/TTT have such a wealth of cheesy movies behind them. I don't know who better to play Arwen, though. If you do, maybe you'd like to post it <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001594" TARGET=_blank>here</A>.<P>Special mention to Miranda Otto for her annoyingly large forehead.<P>Willy, I am very disappointed you don't like Galadriel or Cate Blanchett in general. But I guess you may have a point.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #38
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Haha...Thanks doug*platypus. <P>And hollyann, yes, there are some things that I did like in the movies. I just had to get that annoying stuff out of my system. And I can be very critical about some things, especially when I had great expectations for them and they fall short of them.<P>And doug*platypus, yeah, Cate's ok, but usually, there are just some people in life that you don't like. You can't say what it is, but it's there. Thanks for understanding though. <P>Oh yeah, Gimli's axe I hate his axes with blades that look like quarter-circles. It just seems like the designer was trying to be modern or something. But oh well...

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 06:31 PM   #39
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gah! I hated how they brought an Elven army to Helms Deep! <I>WHAT</I> was that? My friend kept saying, "I like those elves, they have class!" and I kept mumbling, "But they are NOT supposed to be there!"<P>I have never, ever, liked the choice PJ made of casting Liv Tyler as Arwen. What is up with the raspy voice? Does she have asthma? And Galadriel! What was she doing in TTT? I knew I would be upset with Lothlorien Elves at Helms Deep, but what in Middle-Earth was <I>Galadriel</I> doing in TTT?<P>Grrr. Of course, I disliked Faramir. Where did the scholar go? When did the book say that Boromir's spirit came to consume his brother? What happened to Faramir? When will we get to see <I>Faramir</I>?<P>Oh well. Of course that is just me. I thought all in all, most of the characters and happenings became way more annoying in TTT. I am looking foward to RotK, unless it is a repeat in the problems of TTT.<P>Aylwen<p>[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 01-16-2003, 06:47 PM   #40
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Sting

Arwen is definetly the most annoying. I mean almost every scene she was in ended with her making out with Aragorn! Come on! Don't get me wrong, I love Liv Tyler, and I love Arwen, but I really don't Liv Tyler as Arwen. I think the chick from Gladiator (ya know, the emperor's sister) would have been a much better choice.<BR>And Celeborn kinda got on nerves in FotR. Something about his voice just... grates. Especially in the extended version. <BR>As for Faramir, I wish he was actually in the movie. The guy with his name was rather obnoxious though. <p>[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: Fingo ]