The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Tol-in-Gaurhoth XXXVI Game Thread

The handsome man, tall, dashing, debonair, reaches across the slim gap between their mounts and takes his lady's hand in the cool evening air. She smiles happily up to him, absently wondering when they'll reach the small town to which they travel. He is a scholar, an old master of lost lore, and word has come to them of a forest village that carries a taint of uncertainty, some curse or superstition. Desiring to learn, he packed his belongings and bribed his beloved with soft kisses and sweet promises of a happily ever after. They had ridden with the break of dawn each day for many long days. Now they travel onward, just a few more miles from their destination.

He thinks of their last stop, a roadside establishment many miles behind them. He thinks of the grizzled old man and the grey haired woman by the fire.

"So sweet in these times of trouble to see young love..." the old woman cooed through her toothless gums. The young woman had smiled, feeling her husband's hand in hers, his fingers intertwined, keeping dangers of every sort far from her. She thanked the old woman quietly and sat to gossip quietly while her husband spoke with the old man.

From across the room she'd heard the old man's cry. "You cannot be meaning to take so fair and sweet a lass as yon to such a dark and feral land! It is no place for an innocent child such as her!"

"She is no child, grandfather." The man had replied. "Her mind is her own, and it is her choice to accompany me."

"Newfangled, that's what I call that." he had grumbled, mentioning his day and a time when women's minds were their husband's.

"We will continue onward." The man had said, smiling to his wife across the hall. Her brief concern had washed away with her husband's obvious happiness and certainty. She had turned her attention back to the old woman.

They had left some time later, well stocked and ready for the final hours of riding.

She leans across the space to kiss her husband and he tells her of her beauty and his undying love.

"What tale of these lands have we come to learn, my love?" she asks.

"Sorrow, mostly." he admits. "Beasts disguised as men, or men with beastly natures. I cannot be sure. But the rustic beliefs of the locals will surely be of interest."

"That they will, dearest."

The woods seem to close around them as the sun sets. From the trees they hear sounds. The man strings his bow and casually places an arrow on the taut string, letting his lady's hand fall.

"Show yourself!" he cries toward the trees. They hear laughter.

From between two elders comes a shape, human, though unidentifiable in the shadows.

"We seek a village. Can you help us?" he asks, placing himself between this dark stranger and his wife.

"You will not like our help."

From behind him, the man hears the scream of his beloved wife. While one werewolf distracted him, two had taken her. At the sound of her attack, he had turned; it was all the werewolf needed.

In bloody seconds it was over. Boromir88 and Fea lay side by side, clutching for each other's hands against the coming of dark cold pain. They knew this to be their end.

"I will meet you in our ever after, beloved..." he whispers to her, straining to brush away her tears. His blood pools faintly around him, dammed by the forest floor. Her flesh, though rent by claws and teeth, was still the most beautiful he had ever seen.

"Always, my dearest... I am always yours..." she coughs, before closing her eyes.

Watching from above them with wicked grins, the werewolves transform once more to humans, absently watching the life pour from the shells below them.

"Pity..." says one with no trace of pity audible, "It does look like we've ended young love so soon..."

"With love comes pain." says another sanctimoniously.

"We've saved them from their own nauseating story." laughs the third. "And to think... now ours truly begins."

---

The game runs as follows:

3 Wolves
1 Seer
# Ordos

23 hour Days and Nights, beginning at 10AM EST and ending at 9AM EST. Wolves and Seer should get their pick in by 9AM EST to give enough time to write a decent narration which will then be posted, unless interruptions arise, by 10AM EST. Any village votes posted after 9AM EST will be ignored.

No retractable votes. No edits for any reason, including to say you cross-posted or to fix spelling errors. If you need to say something else about your post, double post.

Basic rules about communication apply. If you're a wolf, you can only PM your fellow wolves at Night. Ordos can't chat amongst themselves excepting during Day times on the game thread. Anybody can PM the mods at all times.

Multiple lynchings are allowed.

All players are to remain invisible at all times during the duration of their game life. Once you're dead, you can turn back your visibility, but no ghost discussions with the living. Dead [wo]men tell no tales.

Players:

The Saucepan Man
Meneltarmacil
Lalwendë
the phantom
Brinniel
Holbytlass
Gil-Galad
Durelin
Shastanis Althreduin
Kath
Mithalwen
Legate of Amon Lanc
CaptainofDespair
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The werewolves prowl the woods throughout the night, careful to wake no sleeping villagers. Around the town they place traps, wolf pits of their own cunning make, and snares, and nefarious things of natures too foul to speak. All to make sure any who would defect will meet a swift end. The villagers will belong to the werewolves whether they stand bravely to fight the unknown threat, or whether they run to save themselves. The tallest werewolf flexes muscles, admiring its long, retractable claws. No uncontrolled monsters, these; the evil that marked them gave them power over their transformation: they are always in their right mind, though the rightness of those thoughts is certainly arguable. In the night, the world belongs to them, to act in as they wish. They can stay as humans do... but it was with their natures that the curse had been placed. None of these creatures of darkness has yet chosen not to partake of sinister dealings in the safety of shadow; it is doubtful that they will abstain from evil. They transform at will, once the moon has risen, but though the nature of their transformation - be it merely claws, or fully into the form of a wolf - is uncertain, that they become monsters was not. Monsters who crave violence. Damned souls with an addiction to pain.

One wolf, fairest of the lot, admires the glistening of moonlight on dew strewn leaves. The creature reaches out and slashes the living plant to mangled ribbons with a laugh.

As dawn approaches, they return to their beds with silent farewells, congratulating themselves on a night well spent surrounding the village, cutting off escape, keeping strangers away.

---

As the sun rises, the village meets by the well in what seems an almost ritualistic manner to the casual observer. Morning comes, and with it a need for water, fresh air, and gossip. The village had always met here, will always meet here. The wolves, human in form, smile. Perhaps not always.

One wolf speaks and the town listens, for this is a town of courtesy and turn-taking. When one speaks their words are heeded. The wolf says, "It has come to me in a dream that our village is in danger."

One amongst the many closes a pair of gifted eyes, wondering at the ability for two to dream of the same. This villager had spent a fitful night watching dreamt shadows close in.

The wolf continues. "I believe this dream to be prophetic. I believe there is a danger, an unseen danger. I believe the village must act, and swiftly."

With the concealed enemy's words, the village broke into paranoid whispers, eying each other with distrust.

One statement, one rumor passed by malicious silver tongue, and the village, so close, so trusting, became a den of activity. Nobody would lie to them, surely, therefore there must be a threat. There must be action.

They swiftly decided upon a course of action:

During the day, they would speak, they would present defenses and accusations. They would, in short, hold trials. Those found innocent would be spared (unless minds were subsequently changed). Those found guilty... would be killed.

And those suspected to weigh approximately the same amount as waterfowl would be unceremoniously tossed into the well, weighted and chained, for only a witch weighs so little.

---

Dawn has arrived. Day One begins. B88 and Fea have died on their way to learn the mysteries of this village. The wolves are cunning. The seer exists to help you. Ordinary villagers, luck be with you.

Begin!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Most unfortunate for the heavyset because fat floats.

Has no one anything to say? We are here, some are lurking, something must be done.

I find suspicious at this time CaptainofDespair- anyone who delights in despair must be happy that we are in danger. Also, Legate of Amon Lanc -he has not embraced our village as he is always pointing out where he came from, no civil loyalty. Then there's Kath, I find anyone suspicious that won't give their full name. And of course, The Saucepan Man, for giving the whole village food poisoning!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Civil loyalty, Holbytlass? Well, I can ensure you that wherever I came from, my loyalty lies with this village, with its - innocent - inhabitants. Now where I agree with you about the one whose name signifies despair - we have no need of such folk - I won't be as suspecting the others. There's nothing strange on them on first sight, I shall wait for the second so to say, to see what their attitude is like.

I also may mention that if I am correct, there is some sort of phantom among us, which I also do not like. But let's wait and hear even him, maybe he is not as sneaky as he seems.

Hmm... what's the time? Well, quite good... let's not forget our sun sets, sort of, earlier than usual. Must be the northern region. Ah well, I know it will take hours before most of us have chance to speak their minds, so... au revoir.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The cynic in me finds a certain ironic amusement in this antidote to the current glut of true romance in these parts but I hope we will be able to progress swiftly beyond the old first day pet tactics and theories...
Is anyone out there.....? Someone should declare they hate first days, another that they can be profitable. And in lieu of Nogrod someone should exhort us to talk ..well I guess that is me... now someone should suspect me for making a strange first post ..... I will leave it to Sauce to do a full checklist if he so wishes but reserve the right to suspect him, as per tradition, should it be necessary.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #6
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well alas I must leave soon and I will not be able to return until fairly close to the deadline. I am sorry that this is the case today but I hope there will be plenty of activity for me to digest swiftly on my return. Choose wisely!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
a new day and its a sorrowfilled one... as always i preach on how the first day of voting is really band-wagoning and only makes someone sad, holbyt's suspiscion on 4 members already... that is a shocking move that gives her innocence so she does not strike me as a wolf... but we need more talking before anything can happen
Old 07-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Why is it whenever people up and get torn apart by sharp claws and pointy teeth we just assume that there are three werewolves out to kill us all one by one through various means?

I mean, "the glass is half full" ring any bells with anyone?

Any of you.....twelve.... There're only thirteen of us?

Er...ten?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The odds are already against us as we're more likely to lynch the innocent now than ever, and then during the night another of us will be devoured. I might be careful and try to spot who's using a strategy. It will be an opportunist one this first time I think - so it's not a time to leave any gaps in the group that a wolverine could slip through and take advantage of...
Old 07-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow, Lal is so down-to-doom-and-gloom-business already? A little jumpy, pre-prepared to appear concerned and helpful, while still calm and reasonable?

I would really like to see a wolverine transformed into a human not wearing yellow and blue spandex, though, so...are you guys really out there?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Durelin is a wolf!

I remember her very well from how she acts like when she is a wolf. Hoping to cover it behind her generally chaotic-jumpy behavior, she is more chaotic-jumpy with malicious intents. You just see it on her.

Otherwise, Mith seems as normal to me. Gil-Galad is as always:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
holbyt's suspiscion on 4 members already... that is a shocking move that gives her innocence so she does not strike me as a wolf...
I think holby was simply opening and it is pointless to search for her innocence or wolfishness from it. Unless her&Gil are partners and now Gil is making a sorta feeble attempt to defend her. Which would be Gillish, but generally not wise in this stage of game.

Lal's post I don't like - but maybe I don't just like Lal's style (in that case, sorry Lal, no offense ); I have never played with her thus far, so... I will wait and make an image from her following posts.

That's about six of us... now let's see what happens when the rest come.

Btw I find it unlikely that there is not at least one wolf among those who have spoken till now... but that does not mean making our view just narrow like this, no no... we'll wait&see...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quick question, does anyone know what time the deadline is in terms of GMT? Sauce? Lal? Mith? You're the English contingent here.

The odds are being calculated already it seems, but 10 to 3 doesn't seem bad to me. Though it's the first time I've played without a Ranger for a while, that's quite a scary thought - no protection!

Don't we have anyone in the village to go 'oh Day 1, where's the point?', I'm feeling nostalgic. Wish morm was here, could do with someone to randomly suspect for no reason.

I see Gil is being as confusing as ever. How is throwing accusations around on Day 1 a shocking move? Not to say that Holby isn't guilty though. 'Something must be done.' No kidding.

I'll be around for a while, let's hope everyone else pops up from wherever they're hiding.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #13
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I love how ever since I've finally been a wolf everyone has a different theory of my *typical hiding-sinisterness-within* behavior.

You guys want me to be a wolf that badly? Do I really make that wonderful an antagonist?

I'm touched.

Oh, Kath, the deadline should be around 2:00 pm your time, I think.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Holbytlass' suspicion of me is unwarranted! Where is the scientific evidence?!

Don't make me rain...despair?...upon the earth!

In any case, I am suspicious of Gil-Galad because he is no honest Abe!
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #15
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Quick question, does anyone know what time the deadline is in terms of GMT?
Well, we started at 3pm BST (yes, apparently it’s summertime in Blighty, though you wouldn’t know it), so I guess that the sun sets an hour earlier the next Day at 2pm BST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holby
And of course, The Saucepan Man, for giving the whole village food poisoning!
How rude! I sometimes don’t know why I bother cooking for the village. It’s not that bad is it, surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I will leave it to Sauce to do a full checklist if he so wishes but reserve the right to suspect him, as per tradition, should it be necessary.....
You forgot the obligatory discussion of what to do with those who don’t talk much, whether ‘tis nobler to give ‘em a chance to speak up or better to hang ‘em high early on, while numbers still favour us, and so on and so forth.

Oh, and then there’s those who make the early, random accusations, swiftly followed by an eager willingness by someone else to accuse the accuser for doing so. I see that Holby and Gil have obliged us on that score. Although, in a dramatic twist, Gil speculates that Holby's accusations might suggest her innocence. Personally, I see nothing in them, one way or 't other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Why is it whenever people up and get torn apart by sharp claws and pointy teeth we just assume that there are three werewolves out to kill us all one by one through various means?
Er, I think that you were the first one to make that assumption. Are you perhaps the villager who claims to have received the prophetic dream?

It would appear that Legate is convinced of your Wolfishness, although I must admit that I am somewhat intrigued by his bold accusation. I am not entirely sure how he is able to distinguish malicious Durelin chaotic-jumpy from normal Durelin chaotic-jumpy from two short posts. Her chaotic-jumpiness looks pretty normal to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I see Gil is being as confusing as ever. How is throwing accusations around on Day 1 a shocking move?
To answer your second point first, I think that it depends upon the manner in which it is done. As I said, I saw nothing overly suspicious in Holby's opening gambit. But I am slightly suspicious when suspicion is cast on a traditionally easy target with scant justification in the opening skirmishes. Which is what you seem to have done here with Gil. And adding the disclaimer about Holby’s possible guilt strikes me as the kind of thing a Wolf might say too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of Despar
In any case, I am suspicious of Gil-Galad because he is no honest Abe!
Hmm, another one heaping some early suspicion on Gil. Together with an outraged reaction to Holby’s baseless accusation. Perhaps the early mistrust of or despairing friend was not so wide of the mark after all.

Other than that, I am convinced that the phantom is a Werewolf. Then again, I always am. It’s a paranoia thing.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #16
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Ah, SPaM. Good of you to spot my surreptitious tactics of normalcy.

I have to vote now due to work.

++Legate

Yes, a preemptive retaliatory vote! His appeal to supposed 'experience' does not sit well with me.

If both you and I live toMorrow, Legate, I'll make sure to have a nice, long analytical post for you that makes me seem involved, helpful, and Lawful Good.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #17
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, so far I can see Day 1 is going quite typically for me. Over midway through the Day and I have no idea who our wolves are.

I'll be back to analyse and vote sometime tonight.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:48 PM   #18
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

Wha? Huh?

I thought it was still Night. Sorry about my late arrival.

OK, my thoughts:

Holbytlass: In-character accusations are often the sign of a Wolf, and she's been tossing out plenty of them. The very little she has said appears quite suspicious, but I'll need more evidence as she has only one post here.

Legate of Amon Lanc: His suspicion of Durelin for her randomness seems valid. However, he also makes in-character accusations. I'll wait and see what he does.

Mithalwen: Not enough was said to be certain of where her alliegiance lies.

Lalwendë: Only one post, which, like Holby and Mith, is not enough to establish anything. Seems okay for now though.

Durelin: I agree with Legate that her random comments are suspicious. It's a good way for a Wolf to talk enough to remain above the "flying under the radar" level but still contribute little. When her odd behavior was pointed out, she got extremely defensive, which makes me suspect her even more.

CaptainofDespair: Only one post, not enough to go on. What he does say is random, defensive against in-character stuff, and pretty unhelpful, though.

Gil-Galad: Claiming that Holby is innocent because of random suspicion-tossing? That doesn't sound well.

Kath: Seems innocent to me, nothing too suspicious has been coming from her direction.

The Saucepan Man: Typical Espiem behavior, sounds pretty reasonable.

Durelin seems the most suspicious right now.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OK, since everyone else seems to be strangely quiet and I won't have much time after I wake up tomorrow, I'm voting now.

++Durelin

Her randomness, plus the way she gets extremely defensive about it afterward.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #20
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Everyone's suspicious in my book, duh. I think Menel is jumping on Durelin a bit too quickly then again his reasoning is as good as it's going to get this first Day, though her self expressed retaliary vote for Legate seems a bit misplaced. Then again his crazy statement...

"Btw I find it unlikely that there is not at least one wolf among those who have spoken till now... but that does not mean making our view just narrow like this, no no... we'll wait&see..."

Now I think I know what he's trying to say but then with all the double negatives and what not it reminds me of Bilbo's quote "I like half of you..." and trying to figure out of it's an insult or not.

Urgh, why is that those who point fingers at those who point fingers first look to be the most suspicious?! (Menel)

Then again those cozying up and seeming agreeable could be wolves trying to attach themselves to innocents.(Gil)

O'course there's a slew of people who haven't spoken yet.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 AM   #21
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It's so late (almost 3am) that I have to vote now 'cause I know I'll sleep in and miss the deadline.

++Menel
Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 AM   #22
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Slew of people who haven't spoken yet... That'd be me, unfortunately. Had to work.

Oh well, remedying that now.

Holby - Suspicious of four people right off the bat, but I suspect that most of that is banter. Thinks Menel is suspicious for jumping on Durelin, but also thinks Durelin is suspicious for her retaliatory Legate-vote. She seems kinda innocent to me.

Legate - Mentions a phantom? -looks down- Oh, "the phantom". Ha ha. Is positive Durelin is a wolf due to her chaotic jumpy randomness, as compared to normal-Durelin-chaotic-jumpy-randomness. Is suspicious to me, but would a wolf speak out so loudly and boldly on the first day? Or is it a double bluff?

Mith - Revels in the death of romance! She must be a wolf! ...No, I kid. A couple of useless posts, though... Most likely due to timezones. I don't have a clear read on her yet.

Gil - ZOMGWOLF. Thinks Holby is extremely innocent with her quadruple-bantering-suspicions, which strikes me as odd.

Durelin - Couple of typical first day bantering posts. Definately not enough for me to conclude her wolfishness, as per Legate. I'll wait for more input from her.

Lal - States the obvious... twice. I hate to point it out, but her? post strikes me as moderately wolfish.

Kath - I see her one post as innocent-ish. Asks for help with times, laments the absence of a Ranger, suspects Holby, mocks Gil.

Cap - Overuses exclamation points!!! Is suspicious of Gil for being no "Honest Abe", intimating that Gil has lied at one point? What point? Gil's only made one post! Cap confuses me. If there was still a Cobbler in this game...

Sauce - His long, analytical post seems innocent to me... of course, that could just be because I'm a sucker for long, analytical posts. Of course, I know well how good a Cobbler Sauce can be, so I can only imagine a full-on Wolfish Sauce...

Brinn - Makes a tiny "I'm here!" post. Nothing to go on so far.

Menel - Seconds Legate's suspicion of Durelin because of her jumpyness and apparent defensiveness. I personally don't see much in it; one vote can very easily turn into a bandwagon during the first day, as I know all too well (see last game). Also, does the same thing I'm doing with this post with the bolded-names-all-in-a-column-thing.

I'd just like to throw out for discussion a possible Menel - Legate wolf pair because of their odd, shared, based-on-randomness suspicion of Durelin.

And since I'll probably oversleep the deadline:

++Menel
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:29 AM   #23
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Bleh... sorry I'm late. I had a very busy day. And now it is 2 AM and I must get some sleep. Yes, you are understanding me correctly- what we have here is a quiet posting day from the phantom!!

I hope the shock doesn't kill you all.

Anyway, no one else is saying much either, so what kind of judgement can I possibly make at this point?

Answer: Bad

But here it goes anyway...hmm... let's see....

Holby, Gil, Brin, Legate- clearly innocent
Menel- totally a Werewolf
Durelin, Mith- maybe a Werewolf
SPM- Seer
the phantom- secret Cobbler
Captain, Shasta, Kath- I don't know
Lal- I don't care

Yes, yes, I think that clears things up rather nicely.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:42 AM   #24
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Okay, I'm not going to be awake before the deadline, so I have to vote now, or not vote at all. Grrr... I hate voting early.

If no one had voted for Menel yet I'd do it, but at this point I don't want one person to run away with the vote. So, vote for Durelin, Legate, or someone new?

Not Legate. I've decided that much.

I must think.....
Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 AM   #25
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, well! Since I'll be away for the DL, I'll probably have to vote early, now, which I don't like at all... I was hoping to dig more into someone else than Durelin, for example Menel has the typical wolfy "pre-hook a bandwagon" (jump on a bandwagon that he is expecting could be forming later). Also you cannot tell if his first post was written in a hurry, or if it's that he does not really know what to think, or if he is a wolf trying not to make much decided pose about anyone till the rest speak up their minds, for which he does not have time to wait.

Oh, SpM is here! What a terrible sight - one post and again, thaaat long. Hehe, why I get the funny feeling that he is hiding something? He reminds me more of that Peter Jackson-cobbler than the honest Espiem we all know. And as we don't have a cobbler, there is just one option what he could be... I am in temptation to vote for him, just for the fun of it (it's Day 1 and we could allow this). Hmm, now interesting idea that has struck me - normally I'd be reluctant to vote for SpM even if I had indeed strong suspicion, just because he is a good player and it would be a blow to lose him. Somewhat now, I am not concerned by this.

I see I am not the only one who thinks Menel's behavior does not seem all right... Hmm... let's not overreact, but, in any matter, I find it now unlikely that both Menel&Durelin could be wolves under these circumstances. At least something.

And Dury... Chaotic Evil as you seem, if you ever make it for Chaotic Neutral, I will drop the suspicion, because that's your normal behavior. What concerns me is that my suspicion got so easy support... actually, I was afraid that act like that may cause massive protest against me. Funny, as the thought of someone agreeing with me has planted doubts in me. Especially when that one is Menel.

Oh, no, I can't get myself confused; I have to stay focused. Vote coming soon...

If anyone wants anything to ask me, do it now - you have about 15 minutes from now, then I vote and am gone for the rest of the day.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:58 AM   #26
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

++Durelin

There you go. I voted.

And Legate, don't start an SPM bandwagon, please. Not today anyway. If he dies, I want to make sure and have a hand in it!

Actually, I just want him alive because he owes me from the last village.

Yes you DO, Sauce! Stop arguing! You know it's true!

And Werewolves- if you leave me alive during the nights I promise to be wrong about you as often as possible. No, seriously! Just let me know who you are and I'll help cover for you.

*silently hopes Werewolves are very stupid*
Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #27
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, I guess that's it. While I am tempted more than ever to vote SpM (just because there is that opportunity), let's be rationalistic. And it won't be even fun if I voted for him without a fight, even if it was a good thing to do.

So, after thinking it over again, my vote goes with my early suspect. Despite her retaliatory vote, that's exactly what she is capable to do when being a wolf. Durelin, if we both live till tomorrow, I hope we'll have many things to tell to each other. It was my pleasure,

++Durelin

Goodbye all, hold on, and may the Force be with us, said Harry Potter right before Glaurung's enchantment wore off and he realized that Ron is his sister.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:06 AM   #28
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh, and in the light of everything I have a very good feeling about the phantom (quite contrary to how I feel on Menel). Unless he's just a tricky, too lucky wolf who happened to pick the "right horse" in me - but the fact that he posted almost the same as me in his last post (btw, which I crossposted with) makes me feel rather he has the same thinking independant on me.

That's really bye for now. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:39 AM   #29
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Durelin: Legate (Legate 1)
Menel: Durelin (Legate 1, Durelin 1)
Holby: Menel (Legate 1, Durelin 1, Menel 1)
Shasta: Menel (Legate 1, Durelin 1, Menel 2)
Phantom: Durelin (Legate 1, Durelin 2, Menel 2)
Legate: Durelin (Legate 1, Durelin 3, Menel 2)

And there you have the first vote count of the game. This is precisely why I'm up at 4:40 in the morning.

No, actually, I just can't sleep.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:18 AM   #30
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm, suspicious of an attempt to form a pact here and hide it under a smokescreen when I see Durelin and Legate's votes for one another. Although this could in fact be quite risky on Durelin's outlook as Legate's vote has now increased Durelin's nominations...

Phantom doesn't want one person to run away with the vote and then a few posts later goes and votes for someone to even up the scores? A Phantom/Menel pact forming here? Who will emerge as the Blair and who as the Brown? Why did Phantom pick Durelin over Legate? He is clearly 'running with the pack' to some extent at least...but I'll leave it there in case he's now fuming and sharpening his wolf teeth for me later.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #31
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ah, well you beat me to posting the vote count, Shasta.

While Durelin says some things that could raise eyebrows, making her an easy target, I don't quite get the feeling she is guilty just yet. Of course, this is only Day One, so won't completely disregard her...

Legate's confidence on Durelin's guilt is indeed a bit odd. Yet, I have my doubts that a wolf would be so bold, especially on Day One..

Menel raises my suspicion the most, mainly because he is so eager to jump on Durelin after Legate's comments. He tries to be helpful by being the first to use a player by player analysis, though this helpfulness could easily be a cover-up for his wolfishness..

As for the phantom, his indecisiveness then decision to vote Durelin does make me want to consider him. But then again, I have never played with him before, so I'd rather wait until toMorrow so I can hear more of what he has to say...
Old 07-27-2007, 04:42 AM   #32
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Interesting...so, a possibility of a Menel/Legate pact? This would mean of course that Phantom could not possibly be the Bad Wolf as that would just be too bold, even for the ghostly one.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 AM   #33
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah thanks Durelin. In that case I'm going to have to vote now and won't be back before the deadline.

++MITH

It's always easiest to know what she is when she's put under pressure. Plus I don't actually have any suspects at the moment as most of the village is made up of people I notoriously find difficult to read.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 AM   #34
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Oh goodness...it's already past 5am my time and I haven't slept. Well, I'm certainly not waiting up any longer for the deadline, so I'm voting now.

++Menel

I admit that my suspicion isn't an entirely strong one, but he is my best suspect for now. But hey, it is Day One...we will be lucky if we manage to lynch a wolf.

Anyways, if Menel is a wolf, then I don't think Legate is. I doubt as wolves they would openly support each other so early in the game. However, I could see the possibility of a Menel/Phantom pact...
Old 07-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #35
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

I dunno...this whole Legate/Menel/Durelin/Phantom thing...it just seems too convenient somehow.

Now the others... Kath seems honest enough. Wary of Holby, Shasta and Brin as they seem to be also in with the Quads above - course they could be being swept along like I have been, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

That leaves Mith, Sauce, Gil and Captain as unknown quantities, free-radicals...

But where do I cast my rope?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 AM   #36
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Eek not a lot of posts but it seems a bandwaggon.

Sauce, I ddi say I would leave you the full checklist ..... far more your kind of thing than mine....

Revels in the death of romance! She must be a wolf! ... ..no just bitter and twisted.... ... I will aim to be less useless if I survive and if people could oblige by providing something for me to comment on...

I need to look at why Menel has gathered so much suspicion ... don't quite see why on first glimpse.......

Old 07-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #37
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok I do see about Menel but I think he is just trying too hard .... Durelin I think is just being humorous. I will vote for neither .... but this is semi-random however for somehow is creeping me out.... and he said I seem "as normal"... hmmmph

++ Legate of Amon Lanc

Old 07-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #38
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
He reminds me more of that Peter Jackson-cobbler …
Perhaps it’s the food poisoning reference.

Seriously, though, this is the kind of accusation that irritates me, along with things like “X doesn’t feel quite right” and “Y is coming across as shady”. Vague, unsubstantiated allegations which allow the person making them to cast suspicion without actually specifying a case. The kind of thing a Werewolf might do, in other words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Actually, I just want him alive because he owes me from the last village.
Eh? You mean the one where you tried to cheat by mis-spelling your votes? Anyway, as you know, I won that fair and square.

I am wary of the mini-bandwaggons that have formed against Durelin and Menel. Both villagers look to be behaving exactly as I would expect them. Admittedly, their normal behaviour can often bring them under early suspicion. But that’s precisely the kind of thing that I would expect a Wolf to use against them on Day 1.

There is one villager who is happily riding one of these badwaggons, while spurring the other on at the same time, and that is the Legate of Amon Lanc. He boldly accuses Durelin without any reasonable justification for doing so, briefs against Menel because his "behaviour doesn't seem all right", and casts vague, unspecified suspicions in my direction too. Would a Wolfish Legate be so bold on Day 1? Quite possibly, in my view. Anyway, in the absence of anything better to go on, and being short of time, he gets my vote toDay.

++ Legate of Amon Lanc
Old 07-27-2007, 06:53 AM   #39
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Oh my, my vote crossed with Mithalwen's, and now we have a three-way tie. Someone break it quick ...
Old 07-27-2007, 06:55 AM   #40
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

(Btw, I don't know why I'm awake )

Psst...you guys just made a three-way tie. Lalwende, it's up to you. Choose carefully.