The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
WW LLXVIII: Yar Har Har and a Bottle o' Rum

It's been awhile since anyone on the ship's seen land, no part thanks to the Cap'ns dreadful navigation skills, having misplaced the ship once on a beach. Three of you start a talkin' amongst yourselves. Talkin' about how a mutiny is needed.

Talk of plungin' the ol' cap'n into the briny.

Too bad the briny deep got to ye first. No sooner the three fishmen climb aboard and murder the scurvy dogs talking trechery, they stole their clothes and started masqueradin' as 'em. As if that'd fool a normal 'uman! O' course, the people on this ship tend to be plastered more 'n most so you might not notice it but hey cut a pirate a break! Drinkin' all the rum is hard work!

Meanwhile, Captain Paranoia fumbles about his pocket, looking for his oft misplaced keys. Cursin' something most foul (primarily about some dark sea deity or the other), he storms off in the opposite direction o' his cabin....

----Night Zero Continues until 1:00 PM CST!----
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Arg! The Guardian of the Blind is here!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

*Cap'n Paranoia thwaps BG* Get back ter sleep, ye' scurvy dog!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

~~~Plum Incompetent~~~

As Cap'n Paranoia stumbles across the deck in his drunken stupor, he bumps into three figures. Recognizing them as his crew through his drunken stupor, he wraps his arms around the fishmen's, and starts dragging them off behind him, singing a good ol' ditty.

Before the fishmen could deal with this critical annoyance, and just kill the drunken old coot, he breaks off and dances off merrily to the other side o' the boat.

After puking up around several hours worth of booze hounding, the ol' Cap'n notices somethin' in the water as day breaks.

Blood.

Stirrin' up a ruckus, the cap'n starts hollering for the crew to assemble on deck.

Paranoia (NPC)
Zul
Nerwen
Blind Guardian
Rikae
Macalaure
Gilrdan
Wilwarin
Boromir
The Elf-warrior

Morsul the Dark
Shasta

The Dead.
Eönwë - Ordo - Death via Cannonball Day One
autume98 - Cultist - Throat punctured through Night One

Though mutinous dogs all, they all line up obediently as the dear ol' cap'n rants and raves about there bein' a murderer (or two. or three.) on board.

Except he does a head count, notices yer all there, and gets confused for a good hour before storming back into his quarters hootin' in hollerin' about not havin' enough booze and that the sun be playin' tricks on his eyes. Wild eyed, the last thing he tells you lot before slamming the door to the cabin and lockin' it is to sort the mess out yerselves and to make the culprits walk the plank. Or if that don't work on some preposterous fishman servant o' the kraken on board, t' make it work or walk thar plank yerself.

----DAY ONE HAS STARTED! GET TO IT, YE LAND LUBBERS!----

Last edited by Paranoia; 07-03-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Day one start story
Old 07-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Ohi! Sorry. Wait it started. And I'm going to bed.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Arr! This be shapin' up fer to be nigh as rum a viyage as that one o' Black Death Brinn's!

So, Cap'n Paranoia be still among the livin'? I'd a reckoned them swabs o' fishmen would send he to Davy Jones afore ye could say "Shiver me timbers!"
Old 07-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #7
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
It be main quiet aboard. Where be the rest o' the crew? Show a leg, ye scurvy dogs!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #8
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yarr! I be awake as well! What ye be thinkin' Nerwen? How d' we catch one o' them fishmen? Or ha' the' cap'n 'ad too much of th' ol' rum?
Old 07-01-2010, 03:23 AM   #9
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Yarr! I be awake as well! What ye be thinkin' Nerwen? How d' we catch one o' them fishmen?
Arr, them dogs... fish... whate'er they be a'callin' of 'emselves... they'll not be able to fool us!

Fer- mark ye– how mote them fish be a-knowin' o' the ways o' brave gentlemen o'fortune? We must be a-tryin' fer to engage 'em in a bit o' conversation– an' by thunder! They'll give 'emselves away afore long!

Quote:
Or ha' the' cap'n 'ad too much of th' ol' rum?
Nay, 'tis goin' dry as gives Cap'n th' horrors. He be shipshape along o' there be plenty o' rum in his belly. Rum be meat an' drink to he.

An' then, mark yon blood in the water. This ship ha' seen foul play, or I'm a landlubber!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:46 AM   #10
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Have y'ever been on th' land, Nerwen? Ye speak like ye were born a' sea!

An' ye were up early. Did ye see a sign o' th' fishmen when ye awake from yer rum-sleep in yer cabin? Or p'r'aps ye be one o' them. Arr! D'I see a bit o' barnacle on yer face, ye scurvy dog?
Old 07-01-2010, 04:06 AM   #11
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Have y'ever been on th' land, Nerwen? Ye speak like ye were born a' sea!
Aye, I were weaned on rum an' hard tack, ye lubber!

Quote:
An' ye were up early. Did ye see a sign o' th' fishmen when ye awake from yer rum-sleep in yer cabin? Or p'r'aps ye be one o' them. Arr! D'I see a bit o' barnacle on yer face, ye scurvy dog?
Scurvy dog yerself, to be a-castin' of aspersions on a lady's complexion!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:22 AM   #12
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Happen, though, there be summat in yon "Rule o' Three".

By which I be a-signifyin' th' old seaman's yarn that when there be bloody murder done at sea (an' that be common as lice along o' we gentlemen o' fortune) one o' th' first three as pipes up will be one o' them as did the deed.

Aye, I reckon I'll be keepin' a weather eye on ye an' young Blind Guardian.

EDIT:typos.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-01-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:33 AM   #13
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
So, Cap'n Paranoia be still among the livin'? I'd a reckoned them swabs o' fishmen would send he to Davy Jones afore ye could say "Shiver me timbers!"
Arr, I be thinkin' the same thing. Th' las' time I were on a ship w' mutineers that were th' first thing they did.

Quote:
So, ye think that 'un be one to watch, do ye? Arr, ye all need a good weather eye on ye.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:31 AM   #14
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
So, ye think that 'un be one to watch, do ye? Arr, ye all need a good weather eye on ye.
Belay that talk! Ye're another on' em, like enough.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #15
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rule o' three, eh? I reckon that means I can post now, an' odds are, I'm as human as the four of ye.

'tis odd that Nerwen should be castin' suspicion on th' Guardian o' th' Blind, when it's this Eonwe fellow seems th' most false and tricksy o' the lot. It looks like 'e talks just so as he can say he did.
Thar be two more people who look e'en worse. First is Macalaure - me know that yon Likedeeler has been hangin' around and watchin', but hasn't bothard t' speak up, and e's creepy when e's quiet. I'd like to hear more from ye, Mac, an' the rest o' the crew as well.
The other is wifewife, for not knowin' a wife's duty is not t' bar her husband from piracy, but t' sign him up for it.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Rule o' three, eh? I reckon that means I can post now, an' odds are, I'm as human as the four of ye.
Arr, says you!

Quote:
'tis odd that Nerwen should be castin' suspicion on th' Guardian o' th' Blind, when it's this Eonwe fellow seems th' most false and tricksy o' the lot. It looks like 'e talks just so as he can say he did.
Nay, lass, I were a'suspicionin' o' the pair on 'em.

Quote:
Thar be two more people who look e'en worse. First is Macalaure - me know that yon Likedeeler has been hangin' around and watchin', but hasn't bothard t' speak up, and e's creepy when e's quiet. I'd like to hear more from ye, Mac, an' the rest o' the crew as well.
The other is wifewife, for not knowin' a wife's duty is not t' bar her husband from piracy, but t' sign him up for it.
Aye, wifewife be a bad 'un. But belike she be too much on a landlubber fer this lay.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #17
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
That Blind Guardian a bi' suspicious if ye ask me. 'e sleeps when 'e should be awakin'. Maybe 'e be tired from a night o' killin'. An' th' same goes fer t'others that're still asleep as well. They should all be wakin' by now.

Quote:
Nay, 'tis goin' dry as gives Cap'n th' horrors.
But why is the rum gone?
Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #18
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
That Blind Guardian a bi' suspicious if ye ask me. 'e sleeps when 'e should be awakin'. Maybe 'e be tired from a night o' killin'. An' th' same goes fer t'others that're still asleep as well. They should all be wakin' by now.

But why is the rum gone?
The rum? Gone? What scurvy dog be a'drainin' of the rum?!

...Arr, ye main near took the wind out o' my sails, ye swab. Ye're on a wrong tack, lad. I were a' sayin' Cap'n be brimful o'rum, so we can be a-trustin' his deadlights.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #19
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'm awake, I'm awake already. i jus' can't help tha' I love my sleep.

Quote:
But why is the rum gone?
What?! This is not good! I needs me rum!

edit: x-ed with Nerwen

Last edited by autume98; 07-01-2010 at 09:20 AM.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #20
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
An' th' same goes fer t'others that're still asleep as well. They should all be wakin' by now.
*Hiccup* Oi, ye scurvy dog!! *Hic* Some of us needs our beauty res so we don't look like ye in th' mornin'!!

*Hic* As for all this suspicion ye all be throwin 'bout. Methinks tis too early to tell much, but I seem to remember this here "Rule of Three" that th' little Ms. Nerwen seems to be prattling about. Me eyes be watchful on those three for sure as the hair on me feet, one will be a murderous dog....fish, whatever they may be. *Hiccup*
Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #21
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Belay that talk! Ye're another on' em, like enough.
Nay, I be no Fishman, tho' only my death'd prove it to ye, no doubt.

Quote:
Quote:
Arr, so Nerwen be suspectin' Blind Guardian, Rikae be thinkin' ill o' that Eönwë, and Eönwë hisself be agreein' w' Nerwen abou' Blind Guardian? Somethin' here cu'd be a might fishy, says I.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #22
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Arr, so Nerwen be suspectin' Blind Guardian, Rikae be thinkin' ill o' that Eönwë, and Eönwë hisself be agreein' w' Nerwen abou' Blind Guardian? Somethin' here cu'd be a might fishy, says I.
I be thinkin' that Blind Guardian goin' t' sleep in th' mornin' is fishy.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Ima here, Ima here 'n th' suspicions on me already. Darn finally an ordo. Vote me off on Day one! Nonesence! Ye liars! I say lynch th' lot 'f ya! 'm I th' only one that isn't drunk? Yea! Lynch all 'f ye, save the rest of us from horror! *pet the captins parrot*
Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #24
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:

But it's nighttime here in rl I have to sleep
Old 07-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
BG, if ye'r not drunk, I'm thinkin' that's a reason t' lynch yer! T'aint natural r' even 'uman, says I.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #26
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Aye then! *picks up bottle of rum, swallows in one gulp* Burp...
Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #27
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

ar, I be here mates. An' just viewed the magical movin' picture of the great Capt'n Jack Sparrow fer insipirations.

I be havin some suspicions. Any 'ere who be drunk or drinkin' are suspect, fer not sharing the rum with meself.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I be havin some suspicions. Any 'ere who be drunk or drinkin' are suspect, fer not sharing the rum with meself.
*Hands Wilwa an empty bottl' o' rum*
All I got left.

So how'd'ye think we be a-catchin' these fishmen then? I be talkin' t'all o' ye.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #29
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

O! The one that sails th' great ol' seas
Th' one that look for plun'er!
Crash 'em
bang 'em
smash 'em
take their golldddd!!!
O! The one that robs th' great ol' boat
Th' one that look for gooolllldddd!!!
Clash 'em
bash 'em
zap 'em

No, I am not drunk!

Yet.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #30
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Yar har har an' a bottle of rum!
It's a pirates life for me!
Yar har har an' a pot o' gold!
It's a bottle o' rum for me!
Yar har har it's time to go!
Let's sail th' seven seas!

Still not drunk. One bottle ain't gonna do it! But th' way matties, we're out o' beer.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #31
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Yar har me hearties, what are we doing standing here jabbering like a bunch of mud puppies when we gots murderous Fish on board??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I says that I is in agreement with this here landlubberin' mud pup. Sumtins not right with that there Eonwe. The way hes a splittin' his mind about the little lass Nerwen and that there Guardian o' the Blind feller has me thinking. What if he's a murderous scumbucket who's tryin' to stick w' th' person who bes making the most sense in his mind? Or p'rhap he be one our mateys who be all confuddled in that brain o' his. I be keeping my eye on him....would keep both, but I lost me other one in a fight with some sea critters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian
Still not drunk. One bottle ain't gonna do it! But th' way matties, we're out o' beer
Well tha's no good matey!!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #32
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Arr, an' I'm one fer wantin' ter lynch the Cap'n fer gettin' the words wrong! T'ain't 'yar har har', nossir, tis more of'n a 'yo ho ho', or so me good pa once tole me.

Scurvy dogs! I needs me fruity drink, an' that's a true fact.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #33
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Arr, an' I'm one fer wantin' ter lynch the Cap'n fer gettin' the words wrong! T'ain't 'yar har har', nossir, tis more of'n a 'yo ho ho', or so me good pa once tole me.

Scurvy dogs! I needs me fruity drink, an' that's a true fact.

Yo ho ho and a barrel o' rum
yo ho ho an' a kick in the bum
yo ho ho we're all out o' rum
yo ho ho down th' barrel o' a gun!

Boy, this is a great day to sing!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #34
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Arr, I don be fancying the was the lass Nerwen brought ups the 'Rule o' Three', since it be not a meritable reason for suspicion, and since it includes 'erself it mayhaps be a way for the lass to try and seem shinnier.

I also don appreciate singin' at a time like this. Our lives be in danger, and this here Guardian o' the Blind is singing and seeming rather joyful. Perhaps it be his way to be about, while not actually sayin anythin' of any use?

My best mate Glirdy is agreein' with people. He tends to agree with people when he has somethin' sinister to mask. Though, him and I be often incorrect in our assumptions of one another, it still makes me uneased.

Arr, me computer be havin`some difficulties, and it be the only one I got. If my absence extends past sunset, my apologies.

(gah, I'm so bad at pirate talk, it's not even funny )
Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #35
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*is here and waiting for the pirate talk to end so that he can understand what people are actually saying*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #36
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Looked a might dodgy there, w' your jumpin' on what Nerwen was sayin', it did. Nerwen's suspicion itself weren't all that fair lookin', aye, but your reaction looked fouler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Talkin' o stringin' up the cap'n! If that ain't mutinous, what be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
*is here and waiting for the pirate talk to end so that he can understand what people are actually saying*
What be ye sayin'? I'm not hearin' ye plain.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #37
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, now who do we have here so far?

Haven't played with Blind Guardian before, so I won't vote for him/her(?) the first few days unless I have to. Just chatter and singing so far, though.

I'm not going to even try to figure Nerwen out at this point. I never know what she's up to and when I think I do I'm usually wrong.

Eonwe, like BG, is incomprehensible and chatty. He has the disadvantage of having played with me before, unfortunately.

I always end up wanting to lynch Inzil, so until I'm really, seriously and unbearably suspicious of him (which is probably tomorrow ), he'll get a pass.

I can't read Rikae, so I won't try.

Autume is awake and in need of rum. That is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
As for all this suspicion ye all be throwin 'bout. Methinks tis too early to tell much
"All this suspicion"?? There's barely any and you're trying to discourage people? Not good. I wish I could understand his point against Eonwe. I agree with Wilwa, though - the tone is fishy.

Shasta is alive, which is always a good thing to be for a pirate.

Wilwa talks like a real person and makes sense. I greatly approve of that.

Boro, Elf-warrior, and Morsul are still asleep.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #38
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Hullo again!

Ima going to be leaving soon. Our ac isn't working right. I might not be back before we leave but then again this is me we are talking about. When I come back I'll torment you with more songs! When does Day end? 1pm again?

Sayonara!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #39
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
I says that I is in agreement with this here landlubberin' mud pup. Sumtins not right with that there Eonwe. The way hes a splittin' his mind about the little lass Nerwen and that there Guardian o' the Blind feller has me thinking.
Shiver me timbers, matey! What else should I be doin'? We be needin' t' catch them fishmen, it's not safe t' trust any of ye scallywags!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #40
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

I blame you!

Compleatly innocent for once:
Guardian of the Blind

Innocent until proven guilty:
Eönwë
Nerwen
Grildan
Rikae
Elf warior
Iziladűn
Morsul
Mac
Boro
Shasta
Wilwa

guilty:
Noia :P

did I miss anyone?

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 07-01-2010 at 05:40 PM.