The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2002, 11:26 AM   #1
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Morgoth

i think this may be better in the books but they scare me they know soo much! anyway!
i was reading the book and was wondering if sauron was a servant and still cause mass distruction... What would happen if Morgoth came back from the void!!
okay he can't but what if...
as my friends think i'm a freak and i can ask them i wanted the valuable opinion of you lot!
i mean would the war of gone the same.. would the darkness of been complete..or would we have two dark lords who would eventually blow up the world by their war between themselves
just wondering...
Old 10-02-2002, 11:29 AM   #2
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In the second prophecy of Mandos, it is told that the Valar will be tired of guarding, and Morgoth will return from the void. There will be some fighting, and strangely enough, Turin is supposed to kill Morgoth. Then all will be happiness and joy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
Aramacil
Wight

Aramacil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't even want to think about what will happen if Morgoth and Sauron where free in ME, Is there something that can stop them? (without the Valar)
Old 10-02-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
lathspell
Regenerating Ringkeeper

lathspell has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Are there answers to 'what if...'-questions?
I think you can only guess. The only known thing is already said by Daniel Telcontar.
'Yes, I, Gandalf the Grey,' said the wizard solemnly. 'There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.'
lathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 02:51 AM   #5
Ringannunwen
Animated Skeleton

Ringannunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ya know wot?
my friend had a dream the other night about valar, morgoth, ect
she hadn't heard of them before, but she had a dream that they were chasing her, she couldn't go fast enough and then she couldn't move. the next day when she told us that she found out who the valar were [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2002, 05:55 PM   #6
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

there would be no need for turin-i'd finish both in a swordthrust! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] maybe not-but they still anger me. though not sauron so much-at least he has cool-looking assasins-the nazgul, and an actual fortress instead of morgoth's slag-pile and hole he called "angband." but having Morgoth come back would be, how do i say this..BAD. maybe not as much cause a few millenia in the void has gotta take a toll on your strength-maybe even for a valar. sauron and morgoth wouldn't fight, most likely-as sauron is a slave to the ultimate will of morgoth-destroy the vision of ea. there probably isn't a direct link, but morgoth corrupted sauron so much there was no repentance after a certain point-so yes, in a nutshell, morgoth and sauron would sweep men, elves, and all other stuff aside and generally destroy middle earth, turning it into a reeking waste on a scale mordor itself could only dream of.