The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2003, 10:22 AM   #1
Nevtarmawen Greenleaf
Animated Skeleton

Nevtarmawen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Favorite Quotes from TTT

What are some of your favorite quotes from the Two Towers movie? some of mine are:<P>Sam: Its me! Your Sam! Don't you know your Sam!<BR> and <BR>Gollum: Stupid fat hobbit!
Old 01-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #2
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

dunedain_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli:Toss me.<BR>Aragorn:What?<BR>Gimli:It's to far a jump, toss me! But, dont tell the elf.<BR>Aragorn:Not a word.<P>I love that part! I also like, Aragorns little "Then I shall die as one of them!" blowup.And I like aragorn and eowyns little conversation.
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
dunedain_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
Nevtarmawen Greenleaf
Animated Skeleton

Nevtarmawen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yeah I liked that part too. Gimli got really funny! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2003, 11:11 AM   #4
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Not to be the bearer or bad news or anything, but this thread has already been done <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001605" TARGET=_blank>here</A>. <P>There are many great quotes on that topic that you can look at and reply to.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 11:35 AM   #5
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I'd also like to recommend <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001574" TARGET=_blank>this thread.</A>
Old 01-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #6
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, but those threads are really long, and it kind of gets boring if its to long.<P>I liked the whole Gimli and Aragorn bit. I also liked that "There wont be a Shire" bit. The look on Pippins little face! Awwww!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:55 PM   #7
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Well, I'll post here just because I'm trying to get deader, but I do recommend the other two threads .<P>Sam's speech (I've already written it twice around here somewhere, so I'm not going to again)<P>Sam's other speech I wonder if we’ll ever be put into songs or tales. [What?] I wonder if anyone’ll ever say, ‘lets hear about Frodo and the ring,’ and they’ll say, ‘oh yes, that’s one of my favourite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn’t he Dad?’ ‘Yes, m’boy. The most famousest of hobbits, and that’s saying a lot.<P>Faramir's "he was my brother."<P>Frodo's "what do you know about it? Nothing!"<P>Gollum's "why does it cry, Smeagol?" and all his double-sided conversations.<P>Theoden's "The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep, one last time. Fell deeds await. Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the red dawn! Forth Eorlingas!" (with the horn blowing in the background, of course )<P>Eomer's "What was the promised price, Grima? When all the men were dead, you would take your share of the treasure? Too long have you watched my sister. Too long have you haunted her steps." What a great brother... *sigh*<P>Gimli's "You could have picked a better spot." and "21, 22, 23...."<P>Most of Legolas's lines...<P>Aragorn's "then I shall die as one of them!"<P>Gandalf's "Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth."<P>Wormtongue's "So cold, and so fair. Like a morning of pale spring still clinging to winter's chill."<P>Eowyn's "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them. And all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire."<P>Merry's "The fires of Isengard will spread, and the woods of Tookburrow and Buckland will burn. And all that was once green and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a shire, Pippin."<P>And Pippin's "Merry!" in slow motion when the orc is about to "put a maggothole in his belly"<P>Gotta include even the Uruk Hai: "We ain't had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinking days!"<P>Did I miss anybody? oh,<P>Haldir's "We are proud to fight alongside men once again."<P>I think I got one from anyone of importance, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #8
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

I loved all the Elvish.<P>Legolas: Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?<P>I loved Gollum's song in the Forbidden Pools and his split personality. Funny, Funny! Hehe. <P>So many lines I loved!
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 02:07 PM   #9
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Ah! I forgot Treebeard! <P>"I am on nobody's side, because no one is on my side, little orc. No one cares for the woods anymore."<P>"There is always smoke rising from Isengard these days. There was a time when Saruman would walk in my forest, but now he has a mind of metal and wheels."<P>"Well, that doesn't make sense to me, but then, you are very small. Perhaps you're right."<P>"We have just agreed. I have told your names to the entmoot, and we have decided that you are not orcs."<P>Treebeard got a quadrupal post in the hopes that he'll forgive my earlier ignorance