The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2003, 03:12 AM   #1
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Shield Costume Thread.... OF DOOOMM!!!!

Excellent, I knew that would get your attention. The only thread I could find dedicated to the <B>best part!!!</B> of the movies was this one on <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001371" TARGET=_blank>Which character has the coolest costume?</A><P>The costumes and makeup in these movies are absolutely amazing, no matter which way you look at it. I personally love the way that Aragorn's hands are dirty after being in the wilderness, and the only time you see pressed, freshly laundered costumes is when this fits into the plot (e.g. Rivendell).<P>The Easterlings in TTT really threw me, though. I've had their costumes explained since, and appreciate them a little more, but I'd have to say they were <I>not</I> what I was expecting! How did the costumes stand up to everyone else's expectations?<P>Oh, two more things before you start:<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Nazgûl = *drool* wow so good<LI>Gollum's loincloth - how was it not torn off on a shrub? (eeeuyucch!)</UL>