The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #681
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, and I'd make a list which allows for Lottie being a liar (who isn't bussing her packmate Pitch for whatever reason) but I'm just too lazy/busy to bother. Hopefully it won't be the case anyway, because I want to save my energy for better stuff I've to do. I'll be back in a few minutes.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #682
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Lommy, while you're on, this is the moment to tell you that marine biologist's joke I promised you before we set out, lest I forget. (If you don't get it, ask a Brit to explain.)

The squid had a few too many last night and is having a huge hangover. His brain (or whatever squids use instead) hurts, he's feeling squeemish, he can't control his tentacles properly, he's having a really wretched day.
Swimming by comes a dolphin, he says to the squid: "Poor you, you look really bad, but I tell you what, all you need is some fresh water. Hang on to my fin, I'll take you up near the surface where there's more oxygen - that'll do you good."
So the squid hangs on to the dolphin's fin, and the dolphin takes him up near the surface where they meet a shark. Says the dolphin to the shark, "Hi mate, here's the sick squid I owe you!"
Old 12-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #683
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
That was a silly joke, Pitch.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #684
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Pitch
Old 12-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #685
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*snickers* Maybe we should keep around.

Nah.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #686
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
This is interesting. The reason for suspecting you (at least for me) is mostly your horrible voting record (yesterDay it was just sketchy, now it's pretty evil).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
I believe I did explain my suspicions yesterDay. And then your actions at the end of the Day looks awfully sinister which is why I'm even more worried about you.
*snickers* I just can't win. Let's look at things this way, since apparently what makes me evil is my vote for Nienna. I'll ask the same thing I did about my Nerwen vote, when people jumped on that - since when is it wolfish to vote someone you suspect? Nienna's voting record was even worse than mine at that point, having voted to save Mnemo twice. I'm sorry she was innocent, but I'm not sorry I voted her.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #687
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Note: I'm going to be on the road for an hour. I should be back about half an hour before deadline. In case I'm not -

++Pitch
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #688
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
That ran a bit later than I thought. I'm going to vote now:

++Pitch

in case I can't get back here before the DL.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #689
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Where's everybody? It's not much more than hour until the DL and while this might not be the most exciting Day ever, this is kind of lame...

Hmm. What if everybody states who would they vote if Pitch wasn't an option? I think that would be a good idea, because it would a) force people to actually think a bit more and b) force everybody to make a statement. And this would be like a real vote, so stuff like "I'd vote Roa or trom" should be forbidden.

I, for one, I'm going to do that, but not yet because I'm still quite torn between Wilwa, Shasta and Brinn.

edit: xed with Boro
Old 12-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #690
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Where's everybody? It's not much more than hour until the DL and while this might not be the most exciting Day ever, this is kind of lame...

Hmm. What if everybody states who would they vote if Pitch wasn't an option? I think that would be a good idea, because it would a) force people to actually think a bit more and b) force everybody to make a statement. And this would be like a real vote, so stuff like "I'd vote Roa or trom" should be forbidden.

I, for one, I'm going to do that, but not yet because I'm still quite torn between Wilwa, Shasta and Brinn.

edit: xed with Boro
Not an entirely bad idea. My vote preference would have followed the order given in my earlier suspicion list, so more or less Wilwa, Shasta, or Lommie (with Brinn as a fourth).
Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #691
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
What I don't get is why the wolves thought this whole Seer-reveal thing necessary, or even a good idea; it seems pretty risqué, and it'll put Lottie in a tight spot toMorrow. You might think Greenie's death would be quite enough to frame me, if they were planning to do that, as she'd been suspecting me for quite a while. And why me? It's not like I was a big threat to them, or am I overlooking something? Very puzzling...
Old 12-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #692
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
What I don't get is why the wolves thought this whole Seer-reveal thing necessary, or even a good idea; it seems pretty risqué, and it'll put Lottie in a tight spot toMorrow.
Assuming your innocence - for the argument's sake here - I would agree that if Lottie is a wolf it would have been a bad idea indeed. And I can't see a reason for her to do it if she were a wolf.

But there is this secret role which Lottie probably is. What kind of role it is, is another matter. Lottie has told us she's a birthday dreamer, but that's actually all we have. It might be she's a cobbler of a kind, or a false seer (I've heard of that kind of role as well: there the "false-seer" thinks s/he's a seer but gets wrong information - but I think in a game with a false seer there is also a "right seer"), or whatever weird thing Legate has come up with.

I mean it can even be that Lottie has been what she is from the very beginning and now just tells us her powers work on the Night to come. But of that we have also only her word.

But however it is, we should see what Pitch is first and then act on that.

Talking of which...

++ Pitchie
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #693
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Assuming your innocence - for the argument's sake here - I would agree that if Lottie is a wolf it would have been a bad idea indeed. And I can't see a reason for her to do it if she were a wolf.

But there is this secret role which Lottie probably is. What kind of role it is, is another matter. Lottie has told us she's a birthday dreamer, but that's actually all we have. It might be she's a cobbler of a kind, or a false seer (I've heard of that kind of role as well: there the "false-seer" thinks s/he's a seer but gets wrong information - but I think in a game with a false seer there is also a "right seer"), or whatever weird thing Legate has come up with.

I mean it can even be that Lottie has been what she is from the very beginning and now just tells us her powers work on the Night to come. But of that we have also only her word.

But however it is, we should see what Pitch is first and then act on that.

Talking of which...

++ Pitchie
My thoughts exactly. If it is a wolf move to do this elaborate reveal I'd go with Lottie (who either spearheaded it or was talked into it), Bes (the new kid), and either Mac or Boro (who are just mad enough to try something like this). Other than that I'd say Lottie could be some sort of something and could be telling the truth but twisting it, etc. But we'll know nothing until we lynch someone.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #694
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
And I can totally see a wolf Brinn protecting an innocent Nienna.
Yeah, I pretty much expected you would say that considering you even hinted at it yesterDay. At the time, a lot of people though my defense was a wolf-on-wolf one, but then you put that out there. Makes me wonder if that's because you already knew Nienna would be revealed innocent upon death and you're trying to keep suspicion cast on me. I won't deny that defending Nienna is something I'd do as a wolf as I have done it before, but that is not the case this time. I'm just an innocent who made a valid point yesterDay. I was getting quite frustrated that everyone was knocking me down for defending her, so I'm quite relieved I was actually right as it makes sticking my neck out for her worthwhile.

I actually seem to find Lommy rather innocent in most games, but this time that is not so which makes me wonder if there's a good reason for that. It wouldn't be the first time I've detected a Lommywolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Let's look at things this way, since apparently what makes me evil is my vote for Nienna. I'll ask the same thing I did about my Nerwen vote, when people jumped on that - since when is it wolfish to vote someone you suspect? Nienna's voting record was even worse than mine at that point, having voted to save Mnemo twice. I'm sorry she was innocent, but I'm not sorry I voted her.
Actually, it's not the vote for Nienna itself that I find suspicious, but the things you said at the end of the Day which led up to it.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #695
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Add-on to the former speculation.

If Pitch turns out wolf as it looks like, we can't afford leaving Lottie to be among the last players anyway. I mean we have no hurry to lynch her like toMorrow but the only reason a wolf might have tried this kind of a trick would have been trying to sway us into thinking she must be innocent beyond any reasonable doubt (and yes she was getting the heat there earlier so maybe a panic-solution?). Anyway, with only her word on her role I think we have not that condition with us.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #696
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I need to get ready to go out, so I might as well do this before I forget:

++Pitchwife
Old 12-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #697
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Add-on to the former speculation.

If Pitch turns out wolf as it looks like, we can't afford leaving Lottie to be among the last players anyway. I mean we have no hurry to lynch her like toMorrow but the only reason a wolf might have tried this kind of a trick would have been trying to sway us into thinking she must be innocent beyond any reasonable doubt (and yes she was getting the heat there earlier so maybe a panic-solution?). Anyway, with only her word on her role I think we have not that condition with us.
Well hopefully the wolves would take care of her, though at the same time I can't see why they would bother right away, as she's not a continuous threat and even if she was proven correct she wouldnt' be completely trusted. They could just leave her be.

Heh. I totally had this thought last night. Lottie!wolf realizes she's in deep crap, comes out as this one-hit wonder seer, busses Pitch, and after that she's safe. The wolves obviously aren't going to touch her, and since she only gets one dream all game she can claim that as the reason; why would the wolves bother killing a useless seer when there's a perfectly good ranger to get rid of? So she could theoretically just float through the game as a known innocent until the last Day where she turns out to be a wolf and she dies. I would think of it in her position so I don't see why Lottie wouldn't try it.

Again, hoping I'm wrong, but putting it out there anyway. It'd be a good scheme.

EDIT: x'd with Brinn
Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #698
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well people, don't forget there'd still be the real special role who could counter-claim...

Quote:
Yeah, I pretty much expected you would say that considering you even hinted at it yesterDay.
Hinted? What do you mean? I don't remember thinking that way or saying anything like that.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #699
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Like a wolf out of hell I'll be lynched when the Evening comes
When the Day is over like a wolf out of hell I'll be gone gone gone
Like a wolf out of hell I'll be lynched when the Evening comes
But when the Night has come
And the stars are out
And the moon is shining through
Then like a spectre born of guilty conscience
My ghost will come haunting you
Old 12-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #700
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Again, hoping I'm wrong, but putting it out there anyway. It'd be a good scheme.
Well that's exactly what I was thinking. So rest assured, the wolves probably will not kill Lottie but leave her around for us to decide on. And it's reasonable for them. The Day we lynch Lottie we're not lynching one of them. So in a sense they would get three clean kills in a row (N-D-N) and would be able to breathe freely for one Day.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #701
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well, I've been unavailable today so sorry about that. I'll catch up with everything tomorrow (if work is quiet ) and be able to play again if I'm still around.

++PITCH

Not sure what to make of Loslote. Interesting to read the accusations between my three other suspects, Wilwa, Shasta and Sally.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #702
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well that's exactly what I was thinking. So rest assured, the wolves probably will not kill Lottie but leave her around for us to decide on. And it's reasonable for them. The Day we lynch Lottie we're not lynching one of them. So in a sense they would get three clean kills in a row (N-D-N) and would be able to breathe freely for one Day.
I see what you did there. I think. But I hope not. Erm, anyway....

Also, good point from Lommie about another possible secret role (or rather the proper one if Lottie's lying) being able to reveal later.

Harrumph. ToDay was no fun. Then again, a Day where I'm spared is always a good Day, so I'll take what I can get. I'll make sure to get a look in at Bes, but this afternoon's simply too busy so I'll save some time later tonight to do it.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #703
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Hinted? What do you mean? I don't remember thinking that way or saying anything like that.
Well, you suggested it:

Quote:
Quote:
If I were a wolf with Nienna, chances are I'd be throwing her under the bus rather than saving her. Because with her vote record, she'd probably deserve it. Sorry Nienna.

In the past, I've had no problems with lynching a fellow wolf if I thought that was necessary to make myself look better and/or they were drawing enough attention to themselves anyway. Which is probably why I'm wary of the Mnemo voters. I know I'm not the only player here that doesn't mind throwing a fellow wolf under the bus.
Makes me actually wonder if Brinn's a wolf and Nienna's an innocent...
Old 12-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #704
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Eleven minutes left. I wonder how the votes are coming?

Oh wait.

Anyone not voted?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #705
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nothing really new, but I can't find anything to comment about.

Currently, I don't suspect
Lottie, Boro, Nerwen

I don't suspect very much
Lommy (I used to have an eerie feeling about Lommy, but it's getting better. Good analysis: a lot of stuff in a concise way... if only everybody did it that way ), Bes, Sally, Eomer, Morsul

I'm really not sure about
Brinn (unless I missed it, you haven't commented on my comment about you voting Sally instead of Wilwa), Nogrod, Shasta

I suspect
Pitch, Wilwa

Oh, and

++Pitchwife

Quote:
Hmm. What if everybody states who would they vote if Pitch wasn't an option?
Wilwa, obviously.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #706
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Well, you suggested it:
Oh yes, that's true, I had forgotten. But the tone of that post of yours just gave me that kind of feeling, but I wouldn't have ended up voting Nienna if I had thought of that being the most probable scenario.

edit: xed with Sally and Mac
Old 12-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #707
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh yes the DL is near... I think I would vote Wilwa too. Shasta would be a good option and I'm backing away on Brinn a bit because her being sort of offended now doesn't look wolvish... but because I keep putting her and Wilwa into the same THEKaGory () in my head, I'm sort of convinced one of them (at least) has to be bad and I'm leaning on Wilwa...
Old 12-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #708
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Then like a spectre born of guilty conscience
My ghost will come haunting you
Whose guilty conscience might you be referring to Mr. Poet-Agreeable?

But if you're an innocent, we'll lynch Lottie toMorrow to be sure. If she then turns out to be just a cobbler, then bad for us (but wonderful play by Lottie!).

On the question of who else to lynch if there wasn't this Lottie - Pitchie situation going on...

I don't know. Something bugs me with Mac. Just looking at his latest... so when I reminded him of our logistical problems yesterDay when he had suspected the timing of my vote he says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Alright, I didn't think of that. Vote placement is out of the window. You still voted for an innocent and not for who I think is a wolf. You're not of the hook, my friend.
Now what kind of suspicion is this?

If we should suspect anyone who has voted for an innocent I'm afraid we should suspect everyone... well, that's actually what we have to do, but using that as an argument on anyone's particular suspiciousness is pretty poor. Not to talk of the latter part: if you don't vote for the one(s) I think is a wolf then you must be a wolf?

Maybe Mac is just short of time, under RL pressure or something... In #663 I gave some reasons to suspect him and will not repeat them here.

But to be honest: with this many people left I would not have voted or called for voting Mac toDay. Without this Pitch-issue I might have suggested we checked out Bes or Morsul now when we can afford it. Or well, Lottie - if she hadn't "revealed" that is (eg. if there would not be this whole case we have).

But I don't know. It's hard to say what one would have done without things unravelling this way. I might have taken a closer look to Brinn, or Boro, or... and who knows what I would have thought then?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #709
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Is it just me or is Nerwen eerily quiet this game? As in, I know she's been posting and such, but every time I go to make a list I keep leaving her off because I forget she's playing/still alive. Anyone else getting that vibe?

EDIT: x'd with the two living Finns
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #710
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Oh yes the DL is near... I think I would vote Wilwa too. Shasta would be a good option and I'm backing away on Brinn a bit because her being sort of offended now doesn't look wolvish... but because I keep putting her and Wilwa into the same THEKaGory () in my head, I'm sort of convinced one of them (at least) has to be bad and I'm leaning on Wilwa...
Heh. Loved it.

Yeah, me too. Of course since I can't help suspecting you I'm concerned at how much we're agreeing. I'll have to take another look at you as well, because you're looking quite innocent recently so you may have slipped down my list a bit (not because we're agreeing, but just your general manner and stuff).
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #711
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Sorry, church this morning, then I get home to computer issues. More from me next Day.

++ Pitchwife
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #712
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Hey! Another unanimous vote Day!
Goodbye and good luck, my dear comrades. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
- Mr Agreeable signing out
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #713
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Is it just me or is Nerwen eerily quiet this game? As in, I know she's been posting and such, but every time I go to make a list I keep leaving her off because I forget she's playing/still alive. Anyone else getting that vibe?
I'm not getting any vibes because she's under my radar... so yes, I guess.

edit: xed with the three above
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #714
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Hey! Another unanimous vote Day!
Goodbye and good luck, my dear comrades. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
- Mr Agreeable signing out
Goodbye, precious, although I'm glad you couldn't be more help.

And thanks, Lommie. I was afraid it really was just me. Maybe she's getting ready to help with Christmas?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #715
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
In #663 I gave some reasons to suspect him and will not repeat them here.
I missed to comment on them, but there really wasn't much to say. You listed things I did and I can do nothing but to admit that I did them. You didn't say anything that I had to defend myself against.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #716
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
(unless I missed it, you haven't commented on my comment about you voting Sally instead of Wilwa)
None of the top contenders were really that preferable to me. wilwa has completely slipped under my radar and I didn't feel one way or the other about her, so I didn't think it'd be appropriate to vote her. Sally I was feeling iffy about at the time; I did say I'd rather not vote her since I didn't have a strong reason for it and needed to look at her more closely, but I would vote her if it came between Nienna and Sally. If I'd seen Nienna's vote I'd probably have voted wilwa instead, but we obviously crossed. ToDay I'm feeling better about Sally; she's giving off innocent vibes now, though I seem to be going back and forth on her.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #717
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm quite confused with Shasta, Wilwa and Sally whom everyone seems to suspect. I can see some of it and not see the other parts. If I'm alive toMorrow I will try to delve into those three as well.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #718
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
DEADLINE

Stop posting, people. Pitchwife is lynched, being a... Werewolf.

Narration coming up hopefully soon, meanwhile, Night folks can start doing their stuff.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #719
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Expedition Journal - Night 5 Entry

It was a most peculiar turn of events which caused us to execute our chief marine biologist.

Looking back, I do not know whether it was the growing unrest among us or if it was something else that caused us to abandon our scientific principles and follow the young girl's voice. It was on the very day when we have descended into the mysterious cavern that she claimed she had a vision of our marine biologist transforming into a wolf. She was so resolute in her claims, I am wondering myself why we have not dismissed her words as another manifestation of the stress of the previous days... yet for some strange reason, we all seemed to feel that we should trust her.

That said, I have known her for a long time - as long as I have known her father, sir Michael, who has been generously funding many of the earlier projects of me and my colleagues. Sir Michael Bishop was a rich and very open-handed man when it came to financing scientific projects, and ever since he inherited his sister's husband's funds after her death, his generosity knew no bounds. Yet his daughter has never been of the scholarly type - she joined us, I suspect, mainly because of the adventure and a young lady's zeal for things like polar bears, whales and things related to ecology - a peculiar trait among many young people of this age. And indeed, her presence has been sometimes uncomfortable to some of the more professionaly-oriented expedition members. Yet this time, she came with her esoterically sounding claims - and we concurred.

And our feelings have paid off. This time, we could already notice the changes in the anathomy of our marine biologist just when we turned to him. Now it was unanimous - and as the gunshots echoed through the frozen landscape, our ex-marine biologist stumbled and fell into the crevice opening behind him, the very one our young assistant had marked earlier on.

And so it was partially for the reason to see what had happened to our marine biologist that we have decided to descend into that dark place. We wanted to see that he is dead, we wanted to verify what we have been imagining: we wanted to see his motionless body lying down there in the shape of a wolf.

The fissure was wide enough for us to descend down there, and armed with electric torches we entered a cavern far larger than the crack above would have indicated. Yet the first thing we have noticed upon our descent was that the body of our marine biologist was not there. It took us a while until the flashlights stumbled upon what we have been looking for - tufts of dark fur and trail of blood leading away - towards a black entrance yawning in the northern part of the cavern.

Excited, but somehow reluctant at the same time, we cautiously followed the trail. It was clear now what our marine biologist was, yet we wanted to find the final confirmation of his fate. And something was also telling us that by following his path, we may get closer to unveiling the mystery of this strange prison of ice.

LIVING MEMBERS OF THE EXPEDITION:

Boromir88 - senior assistant to a professor of glaciology
Eomer of the Rohirrim - sea pilot
Loslote - rich funder's spoiled daughter
Morsul - federal grants lawyer
Brinn - polar bear biologist
Nogrod - old palaeoecologist with is own theory of climate change
Macalaure - palaeomathematician
sally - the original initiator of the expedition
Thinlómien - whale expert
Nerwen - mechanic
Bes - room/store manager
Shasta - sled-dog handler
wilwa - crewmember

GONE:
Roa - survival guide - died on blood loss from Werewolf attack on Day 2 (left game, innocent)
Mnemosyne - field medic - shot by the survival guide on Day 2 (Werewolf)
Inziladun - meteorologist - killed by Werewolves on Night 3 (innocent)
tromkehra - cook/bartender - left aboard the ship on Day 3 (left game, innocent)
Nienna - navigator - shot on her way back to the ship on Day 3 (innocent)
Greenie - senior assitant to important scientists in the company, killed by Werewolf on Night 4 (innocent)
Pitchwife - marine biologist - unambiguously executed by the expedition on Day 4 (Werewolf)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #720
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Expedition Journal - Day 5 Entry

We could not have foreseen yet the vastness of the cavernous maze that we have entered. The corridor through which we have been following the trail of the thing that once used to be our marine biologist was but a crack in the wall, wide enough for us to walk through in a line, with uneven floor and walls of basaltic rock. It was seemingly but one of the many shafts piercing the heart of the island, a feature quite common inside such land masses of volcanic origin, but unforeseen by explorers such as Vize and Schmidt, who have likely been to these parts of the Arctic. The fact that this cavern was free of ice and water implied that the complex - however likely descending under the sea level - never surfaced with any of its many shafts except at the very top, the once ice-corked crevasse through which we have entered.

We have had enough electric torches with enough power for many hours of walk, however, we have decided to save the batteries as much as we can and thus only three at a time have been lit. We were all curious how the creature we followed could see in this underground darkness - yet this has been once again the source of the debate mainly for our two remaining biologists. Meanwhile, the rest of us have been following the trail and eventually, we were forced to make a decision. The way in front of us split into two and now we could not find any trails of blood at the crossing. That meant we could either give up, continue blindly through one of the corridors or split. We were not too keen on either of these options, but we did not want to leave without the confirmation of our former crewmember's fate. Eventually, we decided to split and to walk just a short distance through both of the corridors to see if we can find any further trail in either of them. Our pilot would remain at the crossing and wait.

These have been the two ill-fated mistakes we have made. The first one we realised when an inhuman scream came from the crossing where we have left our pilot, and running back, we could not find anything more than his mutilated body lying on the icy stone floor in the cold light of our electric torches. There was no trace of the attacker anymore, yet we could be sure that even in the darkness nobody got past us.

The second mistake, as I see now clearly, was to continue in our foolish pursuit into the depths of that forbidding cavernous maze at all.

LIVING MEMBERS OF THE EXPEDITION:

Boromir88 - senior assistant to a professor of glaciology
Loslote - rich funder's spoiled daughter
Morsul - federal grants lawyer
Brinn - polar bear biologist
Nogrod - old palaeoecologist with is own theory of climate change
Macalaure - palaeomathematician
sally - the original initiator of the expedition
Thinlómien - whale expert
Nerwen - mechanic
Bes - room/store manager
Shasta - sled-dog handler
wilwa - crewmember

GONE:
Roa - survival guide - died on blood loss from Werewolf attack on Day 2 (left game, innocent)
Mnemosyne - field medic - shot by the survival guide on Day 2 (Werewolf)
Inziladun - meteorologist - killed by Werewolves on Night 3 (innocent)
tromkehra - cook/bartender - left aboard the ship on Day 3 (left game, innocent)
Nienna - navigator - shot on her way back to the ship on Day 3 (innocent)
Greenie - senior assitant to important scientists in the company, killed by Werewolf on Night 4 (innocent)
Pitchwife - marine biologist - unambiguously executed by the expedition on Day 4 (Werewolf)
Eomer of the Rohirrim - sea pilot - murdered in the icy darkness on Night 5 (innocent)

Day 5 starts. Night PMers stop, all people talk. You know how it goes.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 12-07-2009 at 03:09 PM.